how about drinking?

Comments

• RedReading
    RedReading Member Posts: 1,262
    edited December 2013

So, mese gots up dis mornin and puts on mese pj's an said, not goin noplace today. I plays a bit of putt putt with mese DH, puts in a load of dishes an anudder of clothes, den decides it be noon somewheres so...

MemaSue, sounds like you had a fun filled Christmas full of kids and family and good food. 

Cami got drunk? How did I miss that? Dang girl, I musta missed my invite to that! I haven't learned how to say no yet. Ebberones keeps saying just say no, but I see no-one stepping up to the plate to make those things happen when I do. Your Joey sounds adorable. How old is he?

Lara and Dork, sorry for all you are going through right now. It sucks. Hope it starts getting better for you both soon.

Kat, Christmas stuff is already away? Really? We spend so much time putting it up that we figure it can hang around until January something or other. {Hic} 

NM, yes thanks, I finally had a good night's sleep. Yay me! Glad to hear you still have power. 

Goldie and Elizabeth dahhling, chuckling over the dancing first thing in the morning. But you're right, dancing should be all the time.

Bernie, looks like you got lots of good advice about Calva (happy to see some of it is from an actual vet) and laughing my bum off over naming her for a drink. That's brilliant, why didn't I think of that. I also like the idea of celebrating 'little Christmas' Your way! Whoop! I want to do that too!

Aly, my DD2 makes jewellery, so I can appreciate how happy those pieces made you feel. Glad you had a nice Christmas and thank you for all those nice words about our power outages. I think we are all back online now. Those linemen worked around the clock over Christmas to make sure we were all up and running. Thank you linemen! (hug)

I know I missed a bunch of folks and I'm sowwy about that. Hope you all had a wonderful time this Christmas. 

• Beanius
    Beanius Member Posts: 1,494
    edited December 2013

((((Lara))))

Wahine – that is helpful to know the glucosamine/chondroitin takes a while. I got some of it in but have not taken it regularly. The achy joints seem to come and go and right now it’s not bothering me. That’s neat it helped Maverick. That is amazing you got Christmas stuff put away already. I didn’t do much but usually wait till Jan 2.

CynCyn – so good to see ya stop by hope you are having a great time.

Red – How neet another dog on glucosamine. So glad your boob is better.

Juliet – LOL!

Bernie – ((((Calva)))) I hope the gluc/chond works on her.

Chevy – how fun, love the dancing. I will join you and Goldie and hope everybody for a dance and a DOTD.

Goldie – Oooooo what a pretty new pic of you!!! You look so lovely, I wish I could put up a recent pic of me but it’s better to use an old one as I’ve aged bout 100 years this past year with all that went on. My DH is going to trim my hair again tomorrow. I do think it’s starting to even out which is good news. You look absolutely gorgeous dahling! I sawwy you were crying about your mom and Nan. I was about 19 the first time my mom was dx. It’s so nice you still have your Mom and appreciate her. It is a blessing!!! Beautiful DOTD, Thank you for dat too and for all the dancing!!!

((((Cami)))) hope you are doing okay.

NM – Yay, only 14 days, that’s 2 weeks!

Sue – Yay!!! Wren pooooo on de mil!!! Tank u for dat!!! Muah to youah tooah!! So glad it sound like you had a great Christmas. Sounds really fun.

Bernie – I like Little Christmas.

Got to sneak in long enuf for a dwink and a dance. Cheers.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited December 2013

Oh Love the cat--u all know I love cats, my furbaby hasn't left my side all day.

Bernie we always called it Little Christmas too, it was a simpler time then. I never hear that anymore.

NM I remember when it was 30 something day, now it's 2 weeks, Oh u've got to really be furcited,

Lori I love u'r new pic. u look so lovely and the shape is so neat.

Oh I ended up going, silly Joey asked me to in case he woke up cuz it's a big house and he gets scared--I just layed like a lump-tried her computer but windows 8 forget it. Joey did get up and layed next to me--baby--He's 9 Ha but not when he has bad dreams. 

Lara I don't get what's going on completely-re u feeling better? What has been done.

Oh I can't remember anything here, I'm trying.

Kat u have all u'r decorations down? Geeze that is fast. What's going on there? I seem to have missed something, I feel like I have.

And if I'm leaving someone out I never mean to, I just get lost.

Lubs u all xxxoooxxx

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited December 2013

Cami, I have to get the decorations up quickly or else they won't get up, we have too much going on right now, and coming up, too. One year we were so busy and then it was Feb, and I ended up leaving the decorated Christmas tree up ALL YEAR! Yuppers, I did that, can't remember if that was the year I got the cancer dx, or the next year. Took down all the outside decorations and everything else, but the tree, omg I put up a gazillion ornaments, not too many glass ornaments except for the type that are shapes, but mostly handcrafted ornaments that mean a lot to me. OR ornaments that were given to me.

Sorry, have not responded much today....still going in and out of the attic putting stuff up. Trying to get the guest room ready too, as I think my DD2 will be coming up here as often as she can, to be with her sister. I am SO glad they are so close.

Beans, that was so funny, love the cat!

Love all that everyone has posted....reading some, but brain is mush so won't even try to respond to everyone. Glad you are doing better, Lara! And nice to hear of others that have used/are using the glucosamine for their dogs....hope it will work for dear Calva!

KatTryingToGetReadyForNewYearsEve

• RedReading
    edited December 2013

Oh Cammy, don't worry about that, I leave some extremely nice people out all the time. 9 yrs old. Gosh, his reaction to his gifts was so much more mature. What a sweetheart! Have a great night.

• RedReading
    edited December 2013

Thank you Kat, you bumped me straight into the arms of this very sweet tender. Obviously time for a dwink. So ise gonna belly up to da bar and let dis sweetie ruv my shoulders while I imbibe da DOTD.

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

Oh Kat I do understand, Some years my tree never came down--I'd put heart on in Feb. then shamrocks, eggs etc while all the lights and ornaments stayed too. So I get it completely.

• RedReading
    edited December 2013

OK, I need help. I was just on the cdn site and there is a woman who is seriously considering saying goodbye to us all on a permanent basis. What do I do?

• wahine
    edited December 2013

What is the cdn site? Can you send her a PM and ask her for her email or something, so you can keep in touch, if she really doesn't want to be on the thread anymore? Maybe she just needs a break from it? I dunno....just my 8 cents worth, for what its worth. Nice that you care about her, she may not realize how many DO care for her there.

• RedReading
    edited December 2013

Kathy she is talking suicide. Is there a site I can go to to tell them we have a problem? 

• wahine
    edited December 2013

OMG Red, I found the thread...did not realize you meant she was contemplating suicide. I wonder if there is something here on bco that could be of help? I don't know. I think you wrote a good response. Just let her know how much you care, and see if she will PM you her info so you can keep in touch? AND pray for her constantly, without her knowing, since she did not seem to want to hear about religion. I feel your pain, and her sense of hopelessness. I will pray for her too. This is just too sad. I don't know what to say.

• wahine
    edited December 2013

Maybe alert the mods and ask them for help?

• wahine
    edited December 2013

Red, I sent a pm to a moderator asking for help

• RedReading
    edited December 2013

Thank you so much, Kathy. I sent her all my information too. Phone, email, etc

I'm hoping for so much. Maybe she'll contact me.

Sorry to rain on everyone's Saturday night. Thanks again Kat 

• wahine
    edited December 2013

I sent you a PM asking you to reconsider having your phone number on the thread. edit: I see you did take your phone number off, thank you SO much! Might not be safe to do that. Here is the PM I got back from the Moderators....(I wrote to them before I knew the name of that gal, but sent them another pm with that info and the thread info)....

Add Moderators as a Friend Block Moderators

wahine, thank you for letting us know! I'll look for the posts that point us to the member who's troubled. Although there's not great deal we can do directly, we will encourage her to get first-hand help (as outlined in the community rules:

"Breastcancer.org is not in a position to assist those contemplating suicide or self-injury. If you are having thoughts of either, please seek immediate, professional assistance. You may call 911 (or, if not in the United States, the comparable emergency number in your country) or visit a hospital emergency room, or call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 800-273-TALK (800-273-8255)."

• RedReading
    edited December 2013

My thanks to Kathy and the mods for walking me through this. I realize there is really nothing one can do if somebody is determined, but was very glad to have someone holding my hand. Hopefully, she will reach out again.

OK so where's the bar! TENDER!!!! I need a dwink. Then I'm going to go whack some balls on me beautiful golf course. Yay

• wahine
    edited December 2013

Here ya go, Red.....

• RedReading
    edited December 2013

Omg. I needs me one of dem clubs in mese bag. I do, I weally do.

And de golf pro too, yup.

• wahine
    edited December 2013

A friend of mine posted this on FB....seems appropriate....

ღ Sue Fitzmaurice, Author ღ

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

Geeze I don't know the Cdn site but I'm glad u two went to Mods, and tried to help--u took fast action.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited December 2013

Cami, I'm so sorry you have to deal with Windows 8. I don't know how anyone does it. I absolutely hate it!

NM, hope you had a nice time with your mom and were able to keep power. I think your mom was suppose to come yesterday, but then you said something about her coming about the time you leave for your cruise, so I'm funcused. My friend was without for 7 days, just came on yesterday.

Sue, sounds like lots of fun with all of those little kiddles. I hope they don't wear you out! And be careful with that back girlie. You want your avatar in an oval?

Bernie, I LOVE your little christmas, do you partake?

Lara, you're feeling better, really???

Putt Putt Red? Is that like doing some boom chicky? My DD is leaving her apartment decorated with her Christmas stuff until I get there, end of January.

Beanie Baby, I pwetty shore you no look 100 years old. I nose how purdy you are darling. Nice that your DH can cut your hair, and that you TRUST him to do so! YES, I appreciate my mom so much. And every day that she is here, as with her health, it's no telling when it will be her time to go, could be tomorrow. But I guess that is the case with any of us.

Cami, mese foygot where you went. To your other daughters house? How sweet that you went for Joey.

Wow Kat, your DD plans on staying with you so she can be there for her sister. That is so special and I'm sure her sister will appreciate it too. She is going to need LOTS of support. Again, I'm glad you are continuing to bisit de lounge.

OMG Red, just now reading about your friend wanting to say good bye. Hoping to read that she has gotten some help. And you are not raining on our Saturday night girl. Oh I hope the mods can get to her and are able to offer some help and support. Of course the support is there, but will she accept it. Sending prayers her way.

Tank a ewe ebbery one for the nice words on my avatar, twas time foy a change.
    DOTD-The Christmas Tree

•3 oz pomegranate juice (or cranberry)
    •2 oz gin
    •1 oz simple syrup
    •Lime juice (juice from 1-2 wedges will do)
    •A few fresh mint leaves
    •Pomegranate seeds & lime wheel for garnish

Muddle mint leaves with simple syrup at the bottom of your glass. Add ice, then add gin, juice, and lime juice. Stir, and garnish as pictured above.

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited December 2013

sue,you did and said the right thing,i hope she realizes people do care  and it was just frustration talking

kat,how lovely your dd's will be together for this trying time

ladies you all look stunning

no drinking until next sunday as back on the anti b's ,cough back again

• wahine
    edited December 2013

Morning girlz! Well, my DD2 will just be able to come for a few days in Jan and for a few days in Feb, as she has her family of 5 to care for too. Not sure if she might bring a grandkid or two with her (they are teens now, so might be a big help).

Oh yes, that was so sad last night. SO glad Red caught her post right away and let us know.  Red, if you hadn't seen her post and reached out, then she may have thought no one cared. I am so glad you cared so much, so do that! The mods responded SO quickly to my pm's and then wrote a nice post to Sabel on the Canadian thread. I just hope she still posts, as I don't think anyone knows how to contact her.

Hope you will all have a good SunDey FunDey. I am missing our Dorkie...putting out an APB for DorkaRoni....Dorothy, Dotty, Dorkie, DorK....where are you??? Come in to the HTL pronto, ok???? I will try to get champagne glasses on my avatar, so don't think its someone new here! 

Rainy Day Hugs (it has been raining since yest, but not too cold, yay for that),

KatWannaCelebwate

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited December 2013

hi everyone I went out last night got my drink on I felt alive again! Ran into old friends had a blast

I've been down with all this crap but had a great time ran into my highschool friends

Kat thank god u contacted moderater

Red she was crying for help I hope nothing happens people act and do weird things around the holidays

Cam u can get a diep if implants r not working some women have a hard time

Chit dork I want to see your foobs I'm for sure coming for a visit tell me when

Get the vodka ready who haaaa

Hugs

Lara

• wahine
    edited December 2013

LOL @ Lara....amazing what likker can do to brighten our "spirits" (yeah, pun intended)!!! SOOOOO very happy you went out, had a drink, and enjoyed seeing your friends!!! I hope you keep feeling better!

• camillegal
    edited December 2013

Oh Katachampagneflutes---they look so cute.--It's so nice both of u'r DD's will be together and for each other. I'm sure it's difficult for u'r DD that doesn't live close. How are u'r parents doing? Do they know all about this with u'r DD? I mean sometimes it's difficult to tell them to much--it just depends. Oh I'm glad u were right there for Red this morning for the horrible thought that went thru her friends mind and certainly hope it was just that, a thought. Sometimes when u'r sick the Holiday actually brings the sadness out of u as u all know.

Lori It's now nice of me to go for Joey, u know that kids has me wrapped around his finger and he knows it too. Lori I'm furcited so much for u to be seeing u'r DD in a few weeks---I bet u can't wait. That's so important--the best.

Oh Julie again Aunti-Bees stuff, WTF it never ends for u--what's going on. And u'r still working feeling not good. I'm so sorry

NM I hope u got to celebrate the Holiday with u'r family--I just saw the news, there are so many people still out of power in the North and  i'ts cold too. 13 more days  Woot ?Woot

Red how is everything now, have u seen any more posts, I hope.

D O R K Y---maybe she'll hear that.

It's turning colder, Yesterday it was so nice for me to go out and say it's beautiful, it's beautiful But 24 hrs. can change all sorts of thing

• K-Lo
    K-Lo Member Posts: 826
    edited December 2013

the brain surgeon said beer was ok bbut now im afraid of the booze with the fragile brain: posr WBR, 10 different meds......          NA beer tastes good with pizzea.      Just gotta resist the margharitas with meixan........

• wahine
    edited December 2013

Welcome K-Lo, another Kathy! This is a fun lounge, we all have a lotta crap going on right now too, so sometimes it gets a bit sad, but we TRY to stay drunk and happy. Pull up a barstool and let us get to know you....

Kathy Katrinka Wahine de Machine

• RedReading
    edited December 2013

Good morning lovely ladies.

Kat, again my thanks for the help last night. I was in full panic mode when I read her post. Thanks also for teaching me about PM. I've never had one and didn't know how to use it. Your post to her was wonderful, thanks for taking the time to write to her. Just in general, THANK YOU!!

Thanks also to Cammy, Goldie, and Lara for the kind support. No contact from her yet, but I pm'd a couple folks on the site as a heads up and this morning saw a wonderful outpouring of love and support. We've done what we can, I think the next move is up to her. She needs to reach out in person to someone, anyone. 

Yesterday was, in general, lovely! Stayed in my jammies all day. Did some laundry, cleaned my kitchen, re-organized some drawers. Nothing strenuous. 

Goldie, I like the way your mind works but Putt Putt with my hubby was on the computer not between the sheets. Lol.

Headed to a family wingding this afternoon at my SIL's. Always a good time. I'm an only child but my DH has 10 siblings, so I get my family fix from his side.

Need to reread some posts from previous pages. My silly memory has totally forgotten what everyone was doing. So I'll send this off and bbl.

{{{{{huggles}}}}}

• Beanius
    Beanius Member Posts: 1,494
    edited December 2013

Cami – glad u like de kitty, I’m a cat lover too but don’t hab any indoor pets anymore cept Gary my houseplant. We have many critters outside that I enjoy. There are some bunnies living in our wood pile (and de dust bunnies under de bed) and I love to see them in the mornings and eves outside. Also jack rabbits but I haven’t seen dem lately. I hada wonderful old cat but he’s gone now and we have moved so much I didn’t wanna drag a poor cat around. Maybe someday I’ll find another one. On a dif subject, your Joey sounds so sweet, it’s fun reading about him.

Wahine – Wow, you and Red have been doing some great work these past hours. It is so sad when people feel so low they feel like ending it. Makes me want to reach out to her too. Humans can have a powerful mix of emotions and circumstances, sometimes hard to sort it all out. I will pray for her. Love de putt dwink and your optimist cha-cha post. So nice your DD will be coming often. I’m still praying so hard for you and your family, Katrinka.

Red – You too, goodness, so nice that you have tried to help. I’m very glad to know the moderators are aware too. Glad u could relax and haba dwink finally.

Goldie – Tanks for de nice woyds. My DH and I have cut each other’s hair for years…for better or worse…mine is easy he just pulls it back and cuts a straight line (then I go and do the front, he he he he). I’m so fercited that this time after 3 mos it was still pretty straight and he only had to take bout 1/4 inch off. Last time he took 3 to 4 inches to even it out. I think it’s from chemo cuz I lost some hair but not all and have had some weird lengths here and there. I think it may finally be back to the mostly same length now. That really boosts me spirits. I’m so glad you still have your mom too. It is so precious to have a mom. All you mom’s out there are precious. Wud a beautiful DOTD too, love de Christmas Tree so I tink I will grab a few and go sit out in de sun by de pool. Tank U!!!

Oh, yeah, n about de degrees. We have propane heaters but don't use them cept wen it is real cold. We usually start the woodstove in the eve and then just let it go out when we go to bed, so it's whatever temp in the am. Usually doesn't go below 60. Then when the sun comes up it warms up, plus my office is upstairs and it's usually a lot warmer up there.

Crud Juliet (see I din’t say S--- per my stooopit resolution) dang sawwy you back on the anti-b’s and I hope that cruddy cough leaves soonliest. I’ll be happy to dwink for you for de next week. BTW I noticed a long time ago dat BC only affects de most loveliest of de goyles and boys. For some reason it’s always de most stunning ones like youse and all dese HTL hotties.

Lara – glad tings are going bettah.

Howdy K-Lo – I will join you for beer and pizza. I feel kinda guilty cuz, well normally we are chardonnay or merlot dwinkers, but yesterdy eve I made us margahritas which wuz good! Dis a fun place and Kat is right we have had a buncha crud and there’s still quite a lot going on, but hope you will stay and party wif us through all. I’m tryin to clean up my language so in 2014 instead of saying S---t I will say crud. But it’s really not nearly as fun. I can still say “stoooopit” as often as I want.

NM - 13 days??? Hope you are having a great time dis wkend.

De weather here is bootiful and sunny. It’s cold, like 30 something outside but I sat in the sun and soaked up de rays dis ayem. My DH and I chased dust bunnies out too so de house is nice and clean for de week. Still woykin on laundry.

High to everyone!! Cheers!