how about drinking?

Comments

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited January 2014

good afternoon ladies,off to work tonight

dork-this could be a silver lining as he will get the help he needs but oh so stressful for you

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited January 2014

Howdy Loungettes:

On the last hour and 10 minutes of the OT I signed up for today then Im off till Fried dey!! My intention was to get up early this morning and go to a hooping class at the beach but when my alarm went off I wasnt feeling it so I'll go tonight and get my hoop on...I can really feel a change happening..its such a great work out and Im starting to get pretty good at it and learning some tricks.

NM..how was your first day back to work? Snorkling is harder than it appears..especially if you are in deep water..so much easier in shallow water where you can keep your feet on the ground.  I went on a snorkling trip in Key West some years ago and the boat took us wayyyy out..I couldnt do it..I like the no energy needed lounging in the sun..with a drink sans umbrella.  Question for you and Julie....what are your thoughts about detox tea?  it was recomended for D to drink and I thought it sounded good so I started drinking it..but it gave me a headache...at least I think it was the tea..and when I read up about it I read that its not good for diabetics..so I stopped. 

SueZ....are you planning on a trip to visit the Shady Lady?  How long is the drive from where you live to PHX?  Then its a few hours from there right?  Bet its a beautiful route.  Yes, my trip to AUS was paid for but it wasnt paid for...Its on plastic. D applied for a Southwest credit card and put it on that..I am paying her back for it but she is paying for 1/2 the fare...make sense?  

Lori..it has been a little chilly by my old standards pre FRB but Im hot all the time now..drives me bat chit...Maybe that will change tomoree..have an appt with my onc and my bs said I should ask him to put me of effexor (sp)....Anyway....your packing idea is good ..then you can really consentrate on what you need to take..what is necessary and what isnt...and going with extra stuff for your DD will allow you to bring stuff back.  

OK...JULIE.....lets try this again...this sunday so in 4 days!!!  

Cami....has your phone been busy with all this weather and furnace issues?  You did a great job with the DOTD's btw. Heyyy..I remember seeing a pic of you in a pewl....but you were hanging on to a float..so maybe you truly cant swim...oh my...good thing that our tenders moonlight as life guards. 

Good luck to you DorK with all that you deal with and your dad too..how is your puka?

Kat...Molly is so sweet..bet you cant wait for her to be given a clean bill of health ...I can imagine her frolicking in your yard with Mav in no time..she will be so happy. 

This turned into a long one..better send it before the gremlins find out.

hugz

• Cyndielou
    edited January 2014

Now I have 2 minutes left..yippee..Look at all I missed...sorry DorK...praying for you and your dad...Kat..whats Klondike?

• Cyndielou
    edited January 2014

Sorry about Turk Bernie..Sad

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited January 2014

Dorothy, that just SUCKS!!!! It's been a couple of hours, I hope you check in and let us know what happened. I hope you let him sit there until you got off of work. I'm so sorry! But like Julie says, may be a blessing in disguise. It's just not something you need. (((((DORK)))))

Cyn, I think Sue is about 6-7 hour drive to Phoenix, and then it's 4 hours up to me, unless going through the Salt River Canyon, then maybe 4.5. Now, where are you and Julie meeting??? Out or at your place???

Alyson, good luck on that scan girl. (((((ALY)))))

Driving through Salt River, you literally come down one side of the canyon, cross the river and drive back up the other side.

• juliet62
    edited January 2014

• Cyndielou
    edited January 2014

Oh....and one more thing...Cuba is an embargoed country for the US..so we cant travel there.

:)

• Cyndielou
    edited January 2014

Beautiful Lori....I remember people would tube down the Salt River..is it the same place?  I never did do that when I lived there...did Sedona a few times and Slide Rock..let my little boy jump off a cliff there....Great mama that I am.  Now adays I want to push em...not really..just j/k ..maybe :)

Julie and I are meeting at my place...right Julie???  LOL. 

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited January 2014

Cyn, I think same river, but not at this location. Not sure where they put in, to tube. But closer to Phoenix I think.

Hunka Hunka Julie!

• juliet62
    edited January 2014

yes cyn ,sunday at high noon at your place

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited January 2014

quick check in, writing from my phone. heading over to make Dad some underwear and diet pepsi's, he was admitted into the medical until as his blood sugar was over 500. he will be evaluated and hopefully sent to the phych unit. thanks for prayers. will try to get back later but if not, you all have a good night and a good day to the out of country girls. 

drink up, things are going to get better for all of us.

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited January 2014

Thanks Cyn.....I had a feeling those of us in the US weren't allowed to go to Cuba. Nice that you and D are splitting the cost of your visit to Austin! AND she will be off of work this time....yipppeeeeee!!!! Also glad you and Julie will FINALLY meet on Sunday!

Dorkie.....NO....OMG...well he does need help, so like Julie said, it may be a silver lining. Just hard for you being at work, and not there. What has happened? Can you tell us here? I just got home, so didn't know about this till just now. (((((Dorkie, Dorkie's Dad)))))

Cyn, Klondike is a mini series about Gold Rush days at the Yukon, based on true events. Very good, its on Discovery Channel I think. I dunno, I just searched for it to record the episodes....might just be 3, not sure. Lots of blood, sweat, and sex.....well prolly tears too. 

That canyon picture is gawgeous Lori!

And the hunk pic, Julie.....wowsa!!!

Aly, Good Luck with your test today...let us know, ok? 

Hugsssssssss and O BOY I get a glass of bubbly tonight!!!

KatGonnaDwinkOneDwink

• wahine
    edited January 2014

Thanks for the update Dorkie, I missed it while I was typing. How do you "make underwear"???? Just kiddin....wese all know what you meant. My god his numbers were waaaay too high, glad he is being evaluated. Hope you get to have a LOT of dwinks tonight when you get home!!!!!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2014

Oh my stars Dork, Julie is so right (as usual) how would u know his numbers were that high. That can make u really loopy too. Dork they can treat him with this and go from there--he'll be safe there and u won't have to worry about him running all over th place. Dork u can actually relax a bit knowing he's safe and if they can get those #'s down (which they usually do) he'll feel better to and the eval will be made honestly in his clearer mind and u can see what to do then. Don't overthink it now, there is nothing u can do. Just be patient which u are.

Lori beautiful Pic.

Julie beautiful pic.

Cyn I can't swim and now I'm like a weeble if I stand up in a 4 ft pool I go right over under water on my back, I come back up but even in water my legs won't let me stand, of course my family enjoyed that show with so much LOLing so I had to hold something so I could stand. Sick family

Kat drink u'r drink slowly and enjoy every mouthful--Klondike is on Discovery and here it's on right now.

OK I'll BBL to see how things are going, and I hope Dork comes in and tells us too.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited January 2014

Scan went well. There is a lot of criticism of our health system but I can't complain. Had scan, radiologist looked at it and came and told me there was nothing to worry about. Lots of nodules on thyroid and vocal cords but all looked fine but will need to keep a check on things. With nodules maybe need to see endocrinologist to check thyroid function. It seems that once you have had cancer you get some special treatment.

Dorkie - big hugs, hop tings are sorted.

Juliet and Cindi he's too young for me I like them a bit more mature.

• camillegal
    edited January 2014

Good Aly that's done, now get the function checked that does get screwy sometimes after all the chit we get.

And there's a GOOD MAN--THANKS

• wahine
    edited January 2014

Just heard about the 40-50 ft waves hitting the North Shore of HI, as well as 20-30 ft waves in Waianae, where my parents are. If you look at this slide show, when it shows Pokai Bay, and you see the waves hitting the rock breakwater, that is right in front of their condo. The entire area is Waianae, and there are pics of Waianae also, just past Pokai Bay. Highest waves in decades, hitting right now....

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/slideshow?widgetid=10...

• camillegal
    edited January 2014

Kat no one is even scared--they are just taking pics and like enjoying the water falls. OMG it's right up to houses---That has to be a long time since happening cuz u never hear about anything really bad in HI--wow everyone is so calm.

We're in for a winter storm warning now---whether it's snow or cold or both I don't know yet.

• wahine
    edited January 2014

I know, Cami....they could lose some lives because of the people going to "look" or to surf those killer waves. Ohhhhhh hate that you are having such a hard winter, you, Dotty, NM, Lara, maybe Red too, and I am sure there are others. Remember, I still haven't found my brain! It may get down to 6 or so here tomorrow night, but NO snow, and NO ice. You all be careful!!!!

• wahine
    edited January 2014

Oh Aly, how did I miss your post??? Just saw it, and SO GLAD your scan went well. YIPPEEEEEE! And I like your mature guy too....boy he is some good eye candy!!!!

• dara_diverse
    edited January 2014

hiya girls, I just got back from the hospital, Dad was in the ER for 10 hours before being admitted. He was put on the medical floor for now and will also be seen by a social worker and a psychiatrist. Hoping for good things to come out of this. 

I am dead tired so gonna play a teeny tiny bit of the game I am addicted to them get to bed. I am already typing with one eye open and the other one closed. And the third one is half open and half closed hehehe! THAT was my funny of the day, best I can do. I am hanging tough thanks to my friends Willie and Jack.

Cheers and lots of love to you all. And prayers to those who need them and a blanket prayer for ye all. 

Peace out goil scouts! ♥ Dorky

• dara_diverse
    edited January 2014

can someone tell me if Red's DH made it to her? mese too tired to read tonight. sorry for being me me me'ish thesee days. If I do not hear back before I go to bed, I will just read. OR have Pants read to me Loopy

• camillegal
    edited January 2014

OK I'm here, but I think h did make it there after all the confusion, but u know I could always be wrong, and go to sleep. NOW

• wahine
    edited January 2014

He was supposed to get there last night, I thought. But haven't heard anymore from Red. Guess he's keeping her busy! *wink, wink*

Dorkie, Glad your Dad will be getting the care he needs. AND glad you have Mr. Willie and Mr. Jack to keep you company!

Looked at the local news in Hawaii, and the side my parents are on, where the condo is, got hit with high winds that took down big trees, and some roofs. Waves weren't as high as expected, but the ocean was more turbulent because of the high winds. I couldn't reach my parents, but he doesn't always hear the cell phone, so I am not worried.

Night NIght Sweet Girls...

• dara_diverse
    edited January 2014

thanks for letting me know about Red. Cammy, are you up? I have more drama and want to talk. It is about my daughter and a gun. I just can't believe all this. 

• dara_diverse
    edited January 2014

kathy? anyone? 

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited January 2014

Dork, I'm here........what's up?

• undercoverebel
    undercoverebel Member Posts: 574
    edited January 2014

CHEERS ALL

• undercoverebel
    undercoverebel Member Posts: 574
    edited January 2014

Photo: What's your cocktail name? I'm Flaming Snot.FLAMING SUNSET CHECKING IN.

• dara_diverse
    edited January 2014

we are good, my daughter is safely home and her car is hidden well. we have to put a restraining order or her former boyfriend. I just can't get a break. God is testing me and damn it, I will pass yet another. Thanks Chrissy, I will fill you in privately if you PM me but I am just too tired right now. It took ten hours to get my Dad admitted to the hospital. what a week. i will be calling out of work tomorrow, already emailed my boss in case I do not hear my alarm clock. Love ya Chrissy and wish I could chat but I am fried. It aint eben flipping frieddey. 

tears then cheers cuz me made a stiff on with decaf soda, JD is de chit!. I am de chit, I am a warrior and know that This Too shall pass, that is until more drama. And i hope no one feel bad for not being awake in de middle of de night, i knew it was a long shot. I called poor Cyn and left her a message whilest I was driving (phone in car is hands free. Pants, Jock, Mr. Big, Snowboy, can you all sing me a lullaby? 

ok, lluve you goils and trust me, I will be okay. again, so sorry been using you girls to vent and not give back. I will make it up to you giols when I can. G' morning me fwends. DorkyNeedToCrash