how about drinking?

Comments

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited January 2014

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2014

I can't see any pic., but that's all right.

Kat what a relief, I know what u have is miserable -I hve the same things u have (I wonder) but it's not that horrible word so we tend to OK it. Mine are all my lower discs and vertebrae,Ohhhh.

OK u'r DH is tomorrow u have to tell us when it's don, I read thruout the day I just don't answer much lately.

Julie, Cyn and Lori u are our bright stars, how furciting that u'll all meet up and how nice u'r getting Lori. So Jealous--it's going to be wonderful, Pics, Pics, Pics that's what we want.

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited January 2014

OH YEAH, Julie knew what I needed! Wow! Cami, you can't see that hunk with the big, uhhhh...bottle of wine covering his big....uh.....you know, because Julie sent him to ME! Thanks Julie!

Cami, mine is all lower too, except I don't know which parts of the spine are falling apart though. Sheesh. My parents called today and they sounded so good, my dad's cold is almost gone. They have been SO healthy all their lives. Not so, for us!

My DD2 is still sick, but sounds like a head cold, glad she didn't come here!

OK, I am going to take my very own personal Hunk guy somewhere private....lol....well I can pretend, right?

• camillegal
    edited January 2014

Ha Ha Kat now I can see the pics. Yowza--All right u can have him.

OK a little Joey story---I had to eat something, cuz I haven't and I bought those progresso soups so I went in the kitchen and got a small pan and Joey came in and said What are u doing Mammaw? I said making some soup--and he says Oh u can't do that, it's hard to do I'll do it for u, cuz they have tops now that u don't need a canopener and u might burn u'rself trying to make it. This kid thinks I really can't do anything so I let him.

• wahine
    edited January 2014

LOL Cami! He is definately a keeper....such a sweetheart, your Joey is!

• camillegal
    edited January 2014

ThumbsUp

• RedReading
    RedReading Member Posts: 1,262
    edited January 2014

OK I know there are so many comments I should make. But I need to be selfish right now.

Had my appointment today - she was very good and explained all the options. Together we decided that since it only improved my chances of non-recurrence by 2.5 % we will be foregoing chemo.

NO CHEMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!

I started tamoxifen today and rads will start in the next three weeks. I can do this, I can beat this RB. I start my exercise program soon too and a smoking cessation one as well. I'm almost embarrassed to admit I still smoke, and to be honest after 43 yrs, I'm not sure about my ability to quit. But I'm going to talk to the girl and see what she has in mind.

I'm so excited!! TENDER!!!! Bring more everything! I'm drinking for all who can't tonight and a little extra for me!

• wahine
    edited January 2014

I'm SO happy for you, Deb!!! Awesome news that you can skip chemo!!!! YAY!!! Drink some doubles for me, ok? I love hearing good news, we have needed some good news around here. YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!Smile

P.S. You can celebrate and drink all you want, but don't run off with that hunk that Julie posted for me! LOL, j/k

• RedReading
    edited January 2014

Oh and the other 3 lumps were actually the product of an undertrained staff member in the imaging office. Yay again.

And I don't need your hunk, Kath, I have my own. Took those scissors away from him and put him in the pool shed. Keeping him on ice waiting for a better time. 

Hmmmmmmm. This is a better time. Maybe I'll just take a little trip out to the shed...

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    edited January 2014

Babes - feeling better this morning. 

Alyson visiting and Lara coming to live with me - all good.

Sorry to hear about all the aches, pains and bulges.

Please be careful with Effexor can be highly addictive.

Spawn of hell arriving today. Being ill doesn't work with the she-devil.  She is the only one who can be ill and none of us understand how difficult her life is.  When I was having chemo she told me I looked scrawny.

It's the little things that show she cares - like watching you cook a meal and then saying she's not hungry.

• BernieEllen
    edited January 2014

image unselectable="on">

• BernieEllen
    edited January 2014

image unselectable="on">

• BernieEllen
    edited January 2014

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited January 2014

Hi all. Just to say DB is doing Ok. It is not endocarditis as they thought, he has a couple of artificial valves so any thought of infection causes panic, don't I know because DH has the same thing. It was a heart attack and he has had angioplasty.

Need a drink to recover. Actually we ate dinner outside tonight and I enjoyed my cider.

The Alien is a boy.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited January 2014

Good morning,
    Loungettes!Another day, another cold
    front coming in.Been a very, very weird
    winter!

Goldie--I am praying
    those poor people at that nursing home died quickly of smoke inhalation with
    little or no pain.Such a horrible,
    horrible thing.YIKES!Cancelled flights are scary, scarier than
    delayed flights.Praying things cleared
    up!

Mema--We know you
    lubs us, hope you slept well!

Wahine--so glad your
    friend Shirley is doing well now!Not
    remembering being on the ventilator is probably a good thing, that cannot not
    be comfortable.Praying for the otherfriend's DH, too.

Julie--LOVE the
    prayers as hugs pic!

ORLA--I think we all
    need to get out of the snow and cold!HTL trip to the Caribbean!

DorKable--got your
    girl vote logged!

Wahine--such a sad
    story!Leprosy was such a horrid
    disease.I can't imagine not being able
    to touch my family. . .No
    "c" in the spine is very good news!Yup, your life is pretty sucky right now.Praying.

Julie--another
    YUM!Spiders hate peppermint oil?I've got to remember that!

Cammy--Joey is such
    a sweet heart!

Red RH--No
    chemo!!!YAY!!!!Undertrained staff I the imaging office?Wasn't your test read by a DOCTOR?Enjoy your trip to the shed!

BBBBernie--hmmm,
    what can we send you that will repel devil sister?

Aly--a heart attack
    is scary enough, but glad DB doesn't have an infection!PARTAY time!

Princess Glitter
    Sizzle's DOTD is the Get Together

2 oz Bacardi Limon
    Rum

1/2 oz Triple Sec

1/2 oz Blue Curacao

2 tsp Sugar

2 1/2 oz Water

1 whole Lemon

Directions

Cut lemon in half
    and squeeze the juice into shaker. Add the Blue Curacao, Triple Sec, Water and
    Sugar into the shaker and shake vigorously until the sugar is completely
    dissolved.

Add sugar to a
    dessert dish. Rim the martini glass with the remains of the lemon half and
    place in the sugar.

Add Bacardi Limon
    Rum and Ice to the shaker and shake vigorously.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited January 2014

Woops, almost forgot: 

Alien Count Update:

Boy:(4) NativeMainer, Camillegal, MemaSue56,Goldie0827,

Girl (7) :RedReading,BernieEllen's Aunt, Bernie Ellen,Juliet62, Wahine, Cindielou, DorK,

• juliet62
    edited January 2014

A dog walks into a nursing home….
    Resident: Dogs shouldn’t be allowed in here.
    Mom: Why?
    Resident: They might catch something.

• juliet62
    edited January 2014

here's to good news red on the chemo,    I recommend the rads thread ,join the group going through it at the same time,it helped me

• camillegal
    edited January 2014

Good Morning and

YYAAAYYYY some good-great news--no chemo---what a wonderful thing for u Red. I'm so happy--Celebrate away, u can u know. LOL

NM like that drink, too bad we don't have a really stocked br in this house--but I'll get it at the HTL like usual.

Bernie when I read u'r posts I always (well mostly) end up laughing--u are so funny. And now the real count down is going on so I'm glad u'r feeling better for all of this.

Julie Champagne jello shots, I love that one--have to remember it.

Kat today is another day u have to be in the hospital, Prayers for u and u'r family Kat.

Lori better be where she is supposed to be now.

Still crazy cold out here, but it more doable as they opened everything up, But still at corners for kids waiting for buses and it's cooold. OOOHHH I have to take a shower soon, why is this such a big deal to me--? Am I a closet dirty person,? It must be something cuz I just dread it and I never gave it a thought before---How silly I am.

• juliet62
    edited January 2014

aly glad db does not have enodcarditis

(((((((((Bernie)))))))))))) the swamp is open

• camillegal
    edited January 2014

• wahine
    edited January 2014

Hi girls,

Long time at hospital, almost 4 hrs, but all looks good for my DH. Lori is still at Atlanta airport, waiting for her delayed flight, hope she gets out today!!

Adding Alyson's vote to the tally (And if either NM or I miss anyone's vote, let us know!!!)......

Alien Count Update:

Boy:(5) NativeMainer, Camillegal, MemaSue56,Goldie0827, Alyson

Girl (7) :RedReading,BernieEllen's Aunt, Bernie Ellen,Juliet62, Wahine, Cindielou, DorK,

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited January 2014

Morning Ise need dwink but its just 9am sun not over or even under yard arm. Ise not sleep woke 1am went back to sleep at 5.30 grrr.

• RedReading
    edited January 2014

Awww, Aly, I hate those nights. So where in Canada are you visiting?

Kath, glad to hear about your DH. I'm sorry your DD is going through so much. I was hoping it would be a bit easier on her. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Cammy, yayay!!!! Ise sooo happy! Join me for Julie's champagne jello shots??

Gotta go. 

Bbl

• camillegal
    edited January 2014

Kat glad to hear it's over and u'r DH is doing OK--Sounds good!!!!!!! of course u know prayers still going u'r way. Lots.

Red u and me jello shots--like that idea. When my DD and SIL go to parties that the big drink they have--everybody drinks different things but everyone has a jello shot or 3, and I really like them, cuz their parties always include parents now---haha they're stuck with all of us. So next time I'm going to make them, watch there won't be any parties now for a while and I'll forget. BTW do u think u can make them with any kind of Jello??? Julie????

• wahine
    edited January 2014

I have NEVER had one.....see how naive I am???  

• camillegal
    edited January 2014

Wait, Kat u never had a jello shot? Even I've had more than 1 at a time for jello shots. So good.

• wahine
    edited January 2014

Do you put the entire shot in your mouth at once? I have never been at a party that has had them. See, you are more worldly than me! Bring 'em on, I would love to try them with you and Red....

• camillegal
    edited January 2014

Kat they are put in little soft (like consistency of cupcake warps) but a lot smaller and u just squeeze it out in one shot cuz it's a little soft and tastes like jello--ish. LOL

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited January 2014

Jello is scary