• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited March 2014

All of us!

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited March 2014

Hi girlzz!

Oral and DorK...Have a great time!! Yesssss. Pics please!!! 

Glad u made it hone ok Julie..I wanna see the wedding outfit!

Undue..You didn't bring any friends for mese?

Good luck with your chemo Princess..hang in there.

Glad you got oil NM...I lived in Auburn, then Lewiston and then Hatfahd then the last few years in Westbrook when I worked at the jetport .  Time for spring ..eh?  

Nice to see you back Chevy and hello 4. 

Hiya and juggles Lorilou and Cami too.

Big party tomorrow and home Sunday. Today the mobies...

Hough DorK...D bought me a new Tervis today...essacly the same one...so sweet. 

NM and Jul..Princess....any thoughts on tinggly feelings in my hand? Started a couple weeks ago..thinking an appt for my diabetes may be in order.  

Have a great Fried dey girls...Will check back latah.

Cyndielouwho

• princessrn
    princessrn Member Posts: 270
    edited March 2014

cyndielouwoo... Diabetes  maybe more often feet but could be nerve in neck or shoulder area too.   

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited March 2014

also could be carpal tunnel!

• RedReading
    RedReading Member Posts: 1,262
    edited March 2014

Lori, great pic of the bunch of us! What is hot water on demand? Run by propane. Go figure. Are you in the city? Or is this something that is available on when doing country living?

Lara and Dork, have a blast and do send pics. I want to see lampshades and all. What school work are you doing.

Elizabeth Dahhhling, so happy to hear from you. I was distressed by your alley walking, stiletto wearing, stripper pole accident. Could have happened to anyone, I'm sure. Glad to hear you're doing better. 

NM, that seems like a lot for heat, but I guess if you don't need another refill till fall...??? nope still seems like a lot. What's a pellet stove? And booo to 20" of snow, no oil and no power all within 48 hours. At least you can cuddle with Sadie and keep warm that way.

Cyn, your hand is tingly? And you have Diabetes? And you're suggesting you might call the doc? I'd have been on the phone a week ago. Are you ok otherwise? Don't want you ill for any reason.

Hi Cami. What is this country coming to when people are just rioting in the street like that. Sigh. Lol. How is it up your way? How's your Joey?

Princess, sorry I just kind of dropped off the page yesterday while we were chatting. I find rads makes me really tired and a nap was necessary right then! How did your chemo go? Did you take the cookies in? Was it a bribe for the nurses and techs to treat you extra special? Maybe I should try that, although I can't bake worth chit. I'm a damn fine cook though. You think Shepherd's Pie would go over well? Lol

4, hi there. How are you today? Did the doc do a good job? Stitches straight and even? Still smiling?

Julie, how long did you go to England for? Did Stella behave? You picked a dress for the wedding? Excellent! 

Dork, you can't keep us in suspense. What was it you were going to tell us if any of us had been awake? Have fun with Lara tonight. You've been meeting so many of us lately. Maybe you need to see my neck of the woods in the summer! :-)

Well ladies, guess what? Last day of full rads. Only boosts left now. Yay! I am unbelievably red but my skin has held up so far. 

Hope everyone has a great Fried Day.

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited March 2014

Afternoon loungettes, Got my 1st round of da drip,drip at Camp Chemo today. It was fine, no problems at all, home drinkin' my water. I thought this was kinda funny… The nurse as she was administering the chemo and we're talking about people who get nauseous verses those that don't, well, she tells me it seems that people that don't get motion sickness such as boaters seem to have no problem… then she adds that people that drink… more than recreationally... also seem to have less problems.HA!!! We had a boat for 10 years, and what else do you do on a boat on Lake Erie but drink. That's where my nightly wine drinking probably originated. So see, there ya have it. Ride around in a boat, or any other device that cause motion sickness..imbibe in the cocktails of your choice..often and if you ever need chemo… you're good to go. unless I wake up tomorrow and change my mind of course. So I'd like to offer a virtual toast ladies, here's to day # 1 on the chemo train!

• RedReading
    edited March 2014

Genny! Yay you. You go girl! You're going to do just fine with chemo. WoooWooo (that's a train sound).

• Cyndielou
    edited March 2014

Thanks girls.Will make an appt when I get home. Dort and O Lara must be having a great time!!

• princessrn
    princessrn Member Posts: 270
    edited March 2014

red..  Yay to only boosts left!  Yep nurses love to eat. Figured it couldn't hurt! I'm still feeling pretty good today. The steroid is still kicked in tomorrow I'll feel like I got hit by a piece of wood. 

Nm...  Crap on the heat thing! Sheesh

Genny... Hope your training worked! I must have needed to put in More drinking hours. I grew up on a lake and did a lot of boating but not too much drinking I can see where my plan has failed. 

• undercoverebel
    undercoverebel Member Posts: 574
    edited March 2014

Hey girls,how's your Friday night??? Cyn-My bad. My Chromebook is not the same as a real comp. Pics are trickier to post. I am going to make it up to you though. Lara and Dork are having a good time. Wouldn't expect to hear from them anytime soon.Loopy

• undercoverebel
    edited March 2014

image image ENJOY CYN

• undercoverebel
    edited March 2014

Gotta love that 80's hair on the brunette,lol. Ok back to my Big wave beer. Tastes a bit like pineapple.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited March 2014

Good morning,
    Loungettes!I'm dragging my feet getting
    going for the day, gotta do some visits to day to make up for the lost days
    during the week, and have to work 8 to 5 tomorrow.Sigh.And it's raining on top of all the snow I got.Poor Sadie has had to swim throughthe snow and dig a whole to pee in!

Cammy--Yeah, working
    this weekend was pretty much a given, wasn't it?I'll be careful, and willprobably take Sadie with me, let her run
    around in the office while I finish up the paperwork.

ORLA--I got your
    text that you were with DorKy!You 2
    have lots of fun!!!!!!

Goldie--Thanks for
    the info, I've wanted to change the stove to a gas range ever since I bought
    the house.Maybe I need to think about
    getting propane set up and getting the stove switched over or an on-demand hot
    water heater put in as a first step.Wish I had the mortgage, school loan or Mom load paid off, I could use
    those $$ for this!Ah, well, baby steps,
    right?And actually, the boss was giving
    in to the inevitable.Half the staff
    couldn't/wouldn't get out of their own driveways that morning!

CynCyn--More than
    time for Spring, I agree!So you lived
    in the "Other Maine", down south.Crowded by very pretty still.If
    you are getting tingling and you have diabetes it would be a good idea to have
    it checked out.Did you ever get
    chemo?That can cause nerve damage, too,
    especially if you already have diabetes.

Good alternatives,
    princess and julie.

Red RH--a pellet
    stove is a heating appliance that uses wood pellets, which are incredibly
    inexpensive as well as made locally using what is basically left over wood from
    the pulp and paper industry.In other
    words, a mostly green and very affordable way to heat a home if you can afford
    the initial price and installation costs.Which my initial research is indicating is not as expensive as I was
    thinking it was.Many people around here
    have installed a pellet stove and use the existing oil heat system as a back
    up.I believe pellet stoves run without
    electricity making them a good heat source when the power goes out, also a
    benefit in this area.Congrats on being
    done with full rads?

Genny--Good for
    you!I did know that people who had a
    history of motion sickness were more prone to chemo nausea, good to know the
    opposite is also true!

Undy--Good to see
    you!

Princess Glitter
    Sizzle's DOTD is the Working Girl

juice + zest of 3
    large navel oranges

2 12oz bags
    fresh cranberries, rinsed and picked over

1/2 cup Truvia

2 cups water

3 cups vanilla vodka
    [I like Absolut]

1 large bottle
    sparkling water

Puree the juice,
    zest, whole cranberries and 2 cups water in blender, then push through a sieve
    to remove solids. Transfer into a pitcher, add the Truvia and vodka and mix. To
    serve: fill each glass with ice, add vodka mixture to the 3/4 point [or to
    taste] and top off with sparkling water. Give it a gentle stir and
    garnish with orange zest and cranberries.

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited March 2014

http://www.ascopost.com/issues/february-15,-2014/postmastectomy-pain-effectively-treated-with-a-simple-injection.aspx

Morning DahhhhLinKs!!

The link above is for those of us who have nerve pain associated with our tx's.  Hope it helps some of you.  Lara, you came to my mind 1st on this.  I know u n da Dorkaroonie will hab a fab time!!

Princess - I did same tx as you, only no rads, refused them.  And I drank a cocktail or so often.  You will lose ur hair unless u r doing cold caps and I'm not convinced they work, but then again I didn't try them.  One caution, that I didn't kno, is that ur tx's are cumulative.  I thot I was beating the se's...til like after the 4th tx...OMG.  But jes kno it and prepare for it.  I have continued on the Herceptin all along.  Will b 3 years in May.  Onco is stopping the Herceptin then.  Kinda scary, but will b nice not to have to go to chemo pod every 3 weeks.  Good luck to you and feel free to pm anytime.  (((P)))

Genny - good luck to u too...wish I cud help with se info on the Cytoxan.  But I did get a chuckle outta the boating/drinking, which I do did a lot of.  Mayb there is sumpin to dat...heehee. (((G)))

Dork - what is ur moral dilemma??  Spill it goil...we are here to hailp you whensevers u need us. 

NM - OMG...am not happy to hear about all the snow you r still being bomblasted with.  I had a pellet stove, think it was Elko.  They do put out some heat.

Lowee - love all of us on da pole...heehee.

Shannon - whoop whoop!!  good to see u.  Keep working on the Chrome as I can't see the last pics u posted.

Ed - hope u are on da mend.

Red - WooHoo for only boosts left and that ur skin has held up.

Cyn - u back from TX??  Did u make the doc call??  Do it dangit!!  Luff u girl!

Kno I am missing some of u....but screen jumping and I have a full day.  My bad for being gone so long, will promise to TRY and remedy that.

Love, Prayers and positive healing energy to all my bweasties....MUAH MUAH!!

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited March 2014

Good Morning Ladies,

Short on time!  Just wanted to chime in and say, I did cold caps and they do work!  I shed about 30% but it grew back SO fast and the rest never fell out!  It depends what chemo cocktail you have, but they do work.  PM me or check out the Cold Cap users thread.  Great ladies and lots of success stories there!

Mema!  Good to see you!  I am headed your way from 4/7-4/12.  Want to do lunch if you are in town?  I won't have a car but can grab a cab!

Hope all the Loungettes have a great weekend!  Lara and DorK are sure to have a good time!

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

Here's another quick link for those with pain issues.  I have talked with my PS a lot about fat grafting since I lost half my recon a month ago.  Bawling  He has used it for post MX pain for several ladies and says it works really well.  They are finding that fat grafting is really helping rejuvinate rads damaged tissue too!   Hope this might help!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21788826  

• Cyndielou
    edited March 2014

Dang..didn't get the pics Undie..Wahhh..data okie.  I go back to Fl tomorrow Mema...I will call...no worries.  Thanks NM...figured I should call. I didn't have chemo...only rads.  

Party day today...whoop!

Can't wait to hear from DorK and Lara!

• RedReading
    edited March 2014

O that is very cool 4! It would be a really good thing for women who experience that. I'm a lumpy so not sure it applies to me. But it would probably apply to at half the women with bc, I'm sure. 

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited March 2014

Thanks 4 and I hope u2 get to meet up.

Oh Sue and Shannon in de house --Woot Woot----It's always great to see u.

Genny--see there are hopes yet for drinking sooner than u thought--how did u know this would be a plan that would help---Ah the mysteries of life.

And princess u just missed the drinking part--let's hope this all works in u'r favors.

NM good DOTD and this snow thing has to stop now, don't u think? For all of us getting all of this--I think we're finishing up-so much here has melted I'm surprised. And our furbaby Sox likes staying out long now--so that's a good sign. I like that u'r taking Sadie with you.

Lori must be camping.

And Red almost done YYAAAYYY

• undercoverebel
    edited March 2014

Hi girls,hope everyone's having a great weekend. I am busy so can't address everyone. Cyn-Those pics showed up last night,now you have to click on them. I had this happen before on my regular comp. I'll try again but you just might have to be quick to catch them. It's like bc.org has a timer on dirty pics,lol. 

• undercoverebel
    edited March 2014

imageHope it works

• camillegal
    edited March 2014

OK I clicked nothing happened, but it might be a glitch.

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited March 2014

lHi girls, really quick pop in. Lara and i had such a wonderful night but today, uh not so good. I was napping whilst her sweet DH was heading this way to bring her a spare car key that we thought she lost, well I thought she lost it. Turns out that my Dad put her keys away into the drawer where he keeps his eyes. And whilst this drama is unfolding, yet more drama as poor Lara found my Dad passed out on the floor in my hallway with a load of shit in his pants, blood on the floor and Dad moaning and groaning. I was jest so sure that it was caused by a blood sugar drop. Lara sort of made me call 911, I was going to try to just bring his glucose up. Well soooo grateful to her insistence as Dad's issue was heart related. While at the hospital, his heart rate took a huge drop to below 40, the nurse told me that his lips were turning blue and they thought they lost him. OMG, what drama for all of us here today. Sweet Lara is on her way back home. And she in a bit of hot water with her DH although I hope he is no longer upset with her since it was not her fault, it was mine. I wish I had thought to check that drawer three hours before after ripping my house apart looking for the keys, soooo frustrating.Lara and I were both hurting, I saw the puffiness between her foobs and I feel so bad for her. And me, my trick leg started acting up again and I can barely walk. I need to get another cortisone shot, like yesterday. Anywho, Lara and I really did have a blast last night. I have partially lost my voice from laughing an dtaking so much. She is a great gal and I am soooo grateful to have had the opportunity to meet yet another breasty, it does not get better than that! kk, gotta make a quick call to see if Dad was yet moved to ICU. His shitty clothese are now clean and in the dryer, oh what fun! NOT! 

I love you all! 

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited March 2014

Had a blast with dork a pooo

I love her dad, hes so sweet I am so happy to know he is better now it was very scary for me to see

that.

Hi Cyn we were going to send u pics shan has them.

HI NM

Cam I am relaxing today hopefully something scary on

Thanks for the pain info I neeed that

mema how r u you have not posted good to see u

kkbbl

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited March 2014

Hi all

Hugs to Dork and Lara and everyone.

Had yummy dinner with Sil and her BF. I was bit bad cause I did have drinks heehe bad cause I had pain drug earlier but Ise needed them. Yummy NZ wine - we grow good stuff here.

Slainte

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited March 2014

Good morning,
    Loungettes!Sun is shining, wind is
    blowing, temperature is very cold.In
    other words, life is normal in Maine.

Mema--interesting
    article, thanks for sharing.The
    Farmer's Almanac said it would be a long, cold, snowy winter and it sure has
    been.No end in sight, either!Eventually it has to stop, right?

4sew--Good
    morning!Huh, wonder how the fat
    grafting works to relieve thepain?Sure hope it becomes more widely used.

CynCyn--good trip
    back to Florida!

Cammy--A lot of snow
    did melt off yesterday, then froze up overnight.Glad I took the car out and roughed up the
    driveway yesterday!Sadie was staying
    out longer, since the snow got so deep she's coming in quicker again.She loves going for rides and I love having
    her company.

Undy--good to be
    busy!

DorKable!!I am so glad you and LARA had a good visit
    for most of the time, anyway.So sorry
    about your Dad, glad LARA made you call 911.All he needs is another medical problem.

ORLA--I can imagine
    how scary it was to find DorKy's Dad like that.Good thing you were there to make her call
    911!Glad it wasa good time up to that point!

Aly--Nothing wrong
    with a goodglass of wine now and
    again!

Princess Glitter
    Sizzle's DOTD is the Antifreeze

6 cans Beer

1 fifths Vodka

1 fifth Blue Curacao

1 gallon Orange
    Juice

Directions

Pour all contents
    into punch bowl or cooler. Stir. Add fruit sclices for livening up.

• camillegal
    edited March 2014

Good Morning

NM I think u seem to have the worst weather than any of us, well u'r further North---Like the DOTD Party time will be starting soon.

OMG Dork and Lara I am so glad u had a good time together, but what a fiasco--starting with the keys only to get worse with u'r Dad Dork--good thing u were together tho, cuz what one doesn't think of the other does and it feels better to be with someone when things are happening-(to me anyway) Oh Dork now u have this to deal with--if all is stable with u'r dad in ICU try to stay off that leg until u get help and relax today and Lara u relax like u plan today too--u both had emotional disaster and real pain--now u have to take care of u'rself. Dork please u'r dad is being taken care of. TAKE PAIN MEDS---just take them, I am the pusher.I don't believe in taking pain as long as u have pain meds anymore--It's useless. Please girls take care of u'rselves.

We had some (not much) snow, it'll melt soon.

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited March 2014

Wow, NativeMaine, that sounds like antifreeze! …could probably use it here in Ohio today, windy and COLD… only high in the 20's. Where is spring??  

Dork, glad to hear your dad is doing better, sounds like a scary couple of nights for you all.

So far since my first ride on the chemo train and shot with Neulasta, no side effects other the a little constipation, not like I'm not usually full of s**t anyway. Had my 1st taste of nonalcoholic wine last night and it wasn't terrible, think I could get used to it.  It's me and hubby's anniversary today, going out to dinner, I might have to have 1 glass of the real thing tonight.

4sewwhat I don't think I'm going to do the cold caps, but I was thinking go doing my hands and feet next time to see if I can ward off the neuralgia and messed up nails, has anyone on Taxotere tried this?

Well ladies, have a great Sunday and for you's in the cold stay warm and for you's in the warm…I'm soooo jealous!!

• camillegal
    edited March 2014

• 4sewwhat
    edited March 2014

Happy Anniversary Genny!

I Chilled my hands and feet too! I used clay packs I got from Walgreens and made a pouch to slip each hand and foot in.  I only ended up with a little tingle in the 3 middle toes on my right foot and it has been back to normal for a while.  I am a Lilly over 3 months PFC from TC.  My ankle that had recently been broken before I started chemo took a bad hit.  Ortho told me it would be 2 years before I knew if it was permanent.  It seems it is better, so I wait and hope!

NM, from what I can tell through my research is that it is a stem cell thing with the autologous FatTransfers. They "seed" the rads damages tissue with a few fat cells every little bit and the stems cells help to rejuvenate and reverse the damage.  The fat also establishes its own blood supply which helps the damage and some ladies are even reporting getting sensation and feeling back.  It's pretty cool stuff!  They are using it now to be able to do implant recon on rads patients and having really good success eliminating failures that way!  Since I am only half reconstructed now I have really been researching.

Hi Aly, glad the weather missed you.  Hope you get some relief soon too.

DorK and Lara, that sounds scary with Dork's dad!  Glad everything turned out ok and you guys got to meet up!

Hi Red!  Hi Cyn!  Undie, bummer about the pics!  Maybe they did put in a timer with the upgrade!

Cami, hope you are having a relaxed Sunday!

Happy Sunday to anyone I missed!

Continued good thoughts for Kat and Bernie too!