how about drinking?

Comments

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited February 2015

NM, glad you posted. I hope you continue to feel better. And you too Lori.

I did my assignment, I counted TEN. I worry that it is not all-inclusive and I can't bwing mese own barrel of JD. And prolly should not bring mr. nelson either, ya tink?

Nightclubs & Lounges on the Disney Dream

Disney Cruise Line nightclubs and lounges aboard the Disney Dream are wondrously themed areas where adults and kids can dance, enjoy live music and participate in games and activities.

687, a contemporary sports bar located on Deck 4, Aft in The District area on the Disney Dream, is a sophisticated yet friendly venue where families can partake in activities and games during the day, and adults can unwind with a cocktail at night.
    Bon Voyage
    Bon Voyage
    Bon Voyage, a relaxing lounge located on Deck 3, Midship aboard theDisney Dream, is a cozy bar where families can enjoy a refreshing beverage or snack throughout the day.
    Cove Cafe
    Cove Café
    Cove Café, an adults-only lounge located on Deck 11, Forward aboard the Disney Dream, is a cheery hangout where adults can enjoy a cocktail, gourmet coffee or snack while perusing a magazine, watching television or surfing the Internet.
    Currents
    Currents
    Currents, a bar located on Deck 13, Forward aboard the Disney Dream, is a sunny spot with a scenic view where Guests can sit back and relax while sipping a refreshing cocktail.
    District Lounge
    District Lounge
    District Lounge, a lively bar located on Deck 4, Aft in The District area aboard the Disney Dream, is an intimate nighttime spot with an attractive modern design. During the day, Guests of all ages can enjoy a variety of refreshing beverages; while at night, adults are invited to mingle over mixed drinks.
    Evolution
    Evolution
    Evolution, a dance club located on Deck 4, Aft in The District section on the Disney Dream, is a butterfly-themed hotspot celebrating all styles of music. During the day, Guests of all ages can partake in a number of fun-filled games and activities; while at night, adults are invited to dance, enjoy a mixed drink or sing karaoke.
    Meridian
    Meridian
    Meridian, an adults-only bar located on Deck 12, Aft next to Palo aboard the Disney Dream, is a charming nighttime spot inspired by the pioneering days of sea travel, where Guests can enjoy a pre- or post-dinner cocktail amid an indoor ocean view setting or breezy outdoor deck.
    Pink
    Pink
    Pink, an adults-only bar located on Deck 4, Aft in The District area on theDisney Dream, is an elegant nightspot designed to look like the inside of a Champagne bottle, where adults can savor a cocktail and relax.
    Skyline
    Skyline
    Skyline, an adults-only cocktail lounge located on Deck 4, Aft in The District area on the Disney Dream, is a cosmopolitan sky bar boasting sweeping—and magically transforming—views of some of the world's most famous cities, where adults can savor a selection of the world's finest beverages.
    Vista Cafe
    Vista Café
    Vista Café, a café/bar bar located on Deck 4, Midship on the Disney Dream, is a delightful onboard venue where Guests can enjoy coffee and a pastry in the morning and a pre- or post-live show cocktail at night.
    Waves
    Waves
    Waves, a sunny bar located on Deck 12, Aft aboard the Disney Dream, is a breezy spot where Guests of all ages can relax with a chilled beverage.
  • dara_diverse
    edited February 2015

Just 33 days until Spring girls.

It is snowing like crazy here. We had a dusting earlier but expecting a few inches an hour tonight. The good news is that it is supposed to be a quick moving.

Julie, say hello to MICKEY!

I am sooo bored. I have been following my news feed on facebook todey and every time someone posts to their lover/spouse etc, I have a chot of JD. Jack is mese Valentine, damn it!

cheers!

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited February 2015

Happy Valentines Day everyone

its snowing crazy here and freezing

Nm feel better that sounds like a dozey

I see all the disney floors wow!!!

Juliet have fun at Disney

yes , I know about the cleaning plus the other girl my friend is a PITA

Hi Mema

big sis sounds like a lot going on

bbl

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited February 2015

LDB, I too hope that AB's help wif you ear. And the truck is a diesel, so plenty strong enough, that is why DH is getting it. We will keep it in the warehouse up in town. He says it's not allowed on our road, nor at Wal Mart. ONLY CAMPING! They aren't doing anything with my esophagus, I just deal with it, I'm tire of tests, doctors and pills. I had one tell me it was cuz I drank!

OMG Dara, you are keeping pops home with the pnumonia? Praying he gets better right quick! And I so sorry you keep bumping your elbow, so quit it!

NM, you have same ear problem as Sue? Love your homework for Wacko!

Love the look at the Waves bar on the ship. Good job Wacko. Our friends took a cruise to Australia, and she took likker. Bought some sort a pump thing that held flavored creamer. Emptied it and put her likker in it. Just be prepared to lose it iffin they find it! Maybe Proud Mary can help with Mr. Nelson??? She gots her card I believe, or you can claim you are from Colorado!!!

So much snow and cold for most of you, hoping it passes quickly. I'll keep mese mouf shut about how beautifully warm and sunny it is here! Been eating some Kashi cereal in the morning before mese FU pills. Water after milk, not so good! Hoping I don't feel any ickier than yesterday, but I'm thinking this will be accumulative....we'll see.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited February 2015

Holy Chit--I didn't realize so many days have passed--it's strange cu I think of all of u, but I'm barely on the computer lately (except for sily work)

Lara I don't understand how this always happens to you? And now u'rr working that has o be a lot of movement for u, I understand u need the money, but I hope u get this taken care of somehow.

Oh Dara, u'r poor Dad, I hope he feels good quickly and u can rest better. U know we're like Pavlov's dogs,we have to hurt ourselves quite a few times before we stop banging our elbows down til we heal. Dara I think I'm more afraid of ships than u are, I just look at one and I get the shivers, like I look at a bridge--I never can drive over them without having a full blown panic attack, having to stop the car and yrs; later they called it bridgeaphobia, when I old anyone they just said I was crazy and the Drs. laughed,now they name it. Damn bastards. I'm glad u'r feeling decent this time--whenever u get an operation I get all nervous for u.

And all of u with sinus problems oh Lordy all u have to take, it's bad enough with our regular crap we have to take and then u add 10 more things, I get them just once in a while and it's miserable but I don't have allergies like most of u.

NM I hope by now u'r feeling better, but chit I've been watching the weather, well this morning Mass. has had feet added, it did say about Maine, but I think u'r still in for it and upper NY too. Just stay cozy with Sadie, I wish u didn't have to work. 

SusyQ u are a wonder and I always want u and Lori to come out on of of all this crap--See my sister and I had an advantage (I think) we came out with our Stage right from the start, so we were in treatment differently so they balanced us differently and we seemed to adjust easier--I think when u get stage IV after when u think everything is so much better, the shock is horrible and u all know how long I had chemo not just before but way after and at the time they used everything and just didn't stop til they were happy (not me) and I was positive so they liked that--Yea I remember telling them Positive should mean no chemo cuz it sounds happy--but I do thik of both of u so often and pray for all of us.

DARA I can't type with 2 hands, and u just roll with one.

Lori I know I've said this before, but u can't be tired of hearing it--but u look gorgeous , like I said RED CARPET, that leg that slithers out is so sexy, I bet everyone was really admiring you, and u have such patience--being poked and not saying anything, Oh boy I would have. U'r truck is beautiful, I always liked 4 dr trucks.

Juie I love the way Lori calls u a DW , but I think I agree, u'r doing more with Mickey than shake his hand, u shaking something.--but I'm so glad u get to go often, u really keep up with everyone even tho u work like crazy--It's so cold here if Mickey was here he's have everything frozen even his shakable thingy.

Mary I'm so glad that u and u'rDH really benefitted from all this. And u said u were closer than before--What a great feeling.  And now u'r with Nora which is another plus. And yea u'll be tired, but it's a good tired.

Lori I get so cold--it's really like the chills, I'm layered and blanketed like crazy so I understand that feeling--I don't know why I never associated it with my blood tho, I always thought all the meds don't help and the general state of my body being not as strong as it used to be. Oh and I'm old, u'r not tho.

Hey Nancy I hope things are going good now.

Dara if I can go on the cruise I'll share with u, I won't mind the farting, if u don't mind the screaming. oh and plus my farting.LOL

Leslie made that little video o Joey but it didn't have sound--he read everything that my GF wrote and cried telling her how much he loves her--we were al weepy--she's taught him so much about things we don't know about all the gemstones and what they mean and how they are gathered and that kid know more about jewelry than I do cuz of Donna. It's funny when she does comes (she's actually just a few yrs older than Leslie) One day she'll go with Les and do their thing-(bars) and she always spends one fll Day with Joey doing what they like--she fits me in on her down time--LOL but we all love her. And this last week I've been getting some sympathy cards and I feel sad all over again, and now I really miss my brother--VD's day no phone call from him. He's gone, FURB so  I've been quaky this week.

OK I kind of got caught up and I've just been hiding in my room--the 2 phones haven't started yet. For some strange reason my boss thinks I'm smart and it won't be a problem--hahaha if he only knew how I screw things up. And then try to fix it, Jeez men are stupid.

Remember I always LUBS LUBS LUBS U ALL--OK SusyQ I got that from u, but it says it all.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited February 2015

Good morning, Loungettes!I am pleased to announce that today's blizzard is quite tame and unremarkable.Very fine snow falling, barely a breeze, although it is picking up, and 18 degrees.Even went out and played fetch with Sadie for few minutes this ayem.

Dara--Wow, that was fast!No, you can't take a supply of JD, but we'll warn them that you will be putting quite a dent in their stockpile!Cove Café sounds really good, gourmet coffee in the ayem, cocktails at night!Karaoke at Evolution sounds like fun.We will have to take over PINK for at least one evening, the symbolism is too much to pass on!The Vista Café sounds like fun too!How long is this trip?Will we get to visit all 10?And why is there no swim up bar, or is that just and HTL thing?I try to avoid Fb on valentine's day.Not worth the jealousy factor!

ORLA--I am getting (slowly) better, slept really well last night, first time in a week, good sign the sinuses are getting better.

Goldie--No, my ear problem is from a garden variety sinus infection, no mastioditis for me, it looks WAY too ouchy.

Some interesting info I came across about measles:

Prognosis

The prognosis for measles is generally good, with infection only occasionally being fatal. The CDC reports the childhood mortality rate from measles infection in the United States to be 0.1-0.2%.per However, many complications and sequelae may develop (see Complications), and measles is a major cause of childhood blindness in developing countries. (emphasis added)

From <http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/966220-overview#showall>

So there is a lot of hoopla about measles vaccinations, because it is a "deadly" disease.But look at what the CDC reports as death rates for other things not commonly referred to as "deadly":

Heart disease:247.8 deaths per 100,000 people.

Cancer:196.0 deaths per 100,000 people.

Stoke: 57.9 deaths per 100,000 people.

Influenza/pneumonia:22 deaths per 100,000 people.

Alzheimer's Disease: 19.1 deaths per 100,000 people.

Pneumonia:16.9 Deaths per 100,000 people

Motor Vehicle accidents:15.3 deaths per 100,000 people.

Measles: 2 deaths per 100,000 people.

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD:

Mickey's Fin

1 oz Coconut Rum

1 oz Dark Rum

1/2 oz Creme de Bananes

1 oz Grapefruit Juice

1 oz Orange Juice

1 oz Pineapple Juice

1 tsp Grenadine

Best served in a Collins Glass.

Directions

Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake and strain into a collins glass almost filled with ice cubes, and serve.

• nativemainer
    edited February 2015

Morning, Cammy! Sorry to bump you into the pool, I'll jump in and meet you at the swim up bar!

I'm hoping the storm is going to move more out to sea.The snow is starting and stopping, but I haven't looked at the weather channel or anything yet.The wind is picking up, so it's probably still on it's way.And I didn't have to work this weekend, I just did dome computer stuff that will make it easier for me to manage my caseload at work.

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited February 2015

Morning Dahhhlinks!

Hope all had a nice valentine.  I went to bar.  They had a live band...the Mesquite Pickers.  LOL.  But easy to listen to music, albeit on the CW genre but I got a slow dance with my dh.  That was nice.  Then we went out to dinner.  So all in all a good day.  DH working (fill-in) today, so I home alone again.  Have lots to do around here if I can find the motivation.  DS was supposed to come this morning but haven't heard from him, so mayb tomorrow.  I want to be DONE with his books...ugh!

Cami - thank you for you concerns.  Medicine and tx have come along way.  I was diagnosed IV with mets to spine and ribcage right outta the gate in April 2011.  Went to my brain in April 2014.  And I'm still kicking...woohoo.  Which is why I have high hopes for our Ms. Lori.   Big hugz for you missing your brother.  It ain't ever easy is it. 

NM - Thanks for the info on the Mastoid.  Very clear now.  Got a name of a good ENT whom I will call tomorrow.  He is also in St Geo, so hoping I can see him the same day as my heiny scope up there.  Here's to that storm heading out to sea and soon, you've had enuf.

Lowee - LOL about leaving twuck in town.  Had to LOL about WalMart too.  I'll hafta call and see what cruise rules are about medical mj.  I don't kno what I'd do if I cudn't take it.  You asked what the cannabid oil does.  It does help with sleep ALOT and with my anxiety and depression.  Tho the latter sneaks up on you....in other words, cumulative over time and then u all of a sudden realize you're feeling better.  I take it before bed and so don't feel any affects by it.  Only once did I feel 'high' and that was taking it and staying up later than usual.  I will say tho....it was a really pleasant high.  Gonna try and get some vapor oil and give that a try too.

Dara - wow....gr8 job....we certainly won't lack for dwinks on that ship.  Thot you could bring 2 bottles on board, mayb tinking of sumpin else.  Anyway, they give you credit if you put money on the dwink card.  I kno it doesn't spread very far, but we'll manage girlfriend.

Hi Lara - hope your feeling better.

Where's Mary and Nancy and the others today?  Missing you!

lubslubslubslubslubs!!

• dara_diverse
    edited February 2015

Hi girls, I saw on facebook that Nancy's Grandpa passed away last night. Let's all pray for her and her family.

My sister came over today and grocery shopped for me whilst my dear niece shoveled my sidewalks and driveway. I am so blessed with such an awesome family.

Sorry I can't stay long, I will check back later. I have to run to the pharmacy then figure out what to do for dinner. My Dad has been sleeping for the most part of the past few days. He sounds a lot better but is still feeling crappy. Prayers will be greatly appreciated.

Tata for now.

Cheers!

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited February 2015

Hi girls, just spent the last hour reading and catching up. Can't believe how far behind I got again. I should be in for the cruise, hard to plan so far ahead. Do they have a type of insurance that you can buy in case you hafta cancel? What is the cancellation policy? I could room with anybody, I tink any one of you would be a blast to room with. Dara, I could handle the farting if you can handle a cold room cause of mese hot flashes. Or Sue cause I think you have hot flashes too. Nora was lots of fun on Friday, I miss her already. I'm gonna put a video on FB of her and her acrobatics. She got to climb on everything. DH and I had a nice VD day as well. It was 3 degrees this ayem with wind chills at 25 below...brrrr, so sick of it! My sinuses are a mess as well, I flush them at least 3 times/day. They clear out when I go out in the cold tho.

Lori, if I didn't say so before you looked gorgeous in the dress. Truck looks nice, glad you found one so quickly. So sorry about your se's, I hope they get better as your body adjusts to the meds. Next time you go to Michigan I for sure want to meet up. I think you are only 3 or 4 hours from me.

NM, everytime I turn on the weather they are talking about Maine and blizzards...jeesh, just when I think Ohio weather sucks I think about you and I hafta stop feeling sawry for meeself. Emma isn't bothered by the cold at all. Junior gets the iceballs inbetween his toes. Will you be working tomorrow? Hope you stay warm and ifin you have to drive in it please be safe! Good job for our Dara and she was quick to check out the bars. I'm ready to sing some PINK karaoke, so raise your glass!!

Sue, glad you had a good VD and got to slow dance with yer hubby. Hineyscope and ENT on the same day, does the fun ever end? Hope you just need antibiotics. Glad to hear yer doing the cruise too, sounds like fun!

Dara, so sorry to hear about your dad, hope he gets his 3 days and goes into a rehab place for awhile, I know how much you love him but it sounds like you could use a break and he could use the care. How's our little Lucy and Bella? Great job on the bar info. If we all really do this it will be lotsa fun. Maybe we can do a bar crawl and have 1 at each bar on the same night, huh? So glad you have such great support from yer peeps, nice of your niece to shovel. Thanks for letting us know about Nancy's grampa, I haven't been on FB lately.

Nancy, so sorry to hear about your Grampa, I hope he passed quickly and peacefully. Thanks for all your hard work on the cruise ship info. I would prolly prefer February but whichever is best for everyone else and which month is cheaper. Sorry to hear about your breathing issues....geesh.. I hope you get this stuff resolved. How's it going with the disability applications? Have you been approved? Again, so sorry about your Grampa, my prayers are with you.

Lara, ouch, Pain and sliding off skin and implants under your arm, I mean wtf? So sorry, glad the docs are finally working with you. Nice to hear about your mom and her 25 years of beating the furb.

Cami, so sorry that Joey was having a sad day, hope he's feeling better now. And I'm sorry for you and missing your brother and no call on VD. Oh and 2 phones, wow, that sounds challenging but I'm sure you'll convince your boss that it's not a problem.

Everybody else, hi and love ya.

I'm gonna post this then put up a pic or 2, wanna make sure I don't lose this. Been catching up while watching tv and now watching the 40 years of Saturday night Live and I bin on the puter for 3 hours catching up. Paul McCartney is singing and it's breaking my heart cause he sounds simply awful. Oh he really needs to retire mese tinks.

• maryland
    edited February 2015
    imageimage

Nora styling my hair.

• maryland
    edited February 2015
  • ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753
    edited February 2015

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. We got a phone call Wed from my Aunt saying my grandpa wasnt doing well and that he had quit eating and drinking and was getting confused. He had prostrate cancer for many many years and I think it just finally all caught up with him. Not to mention the fact that he was 96 so it was time. He was having trouble swallowing as well the last couple of months. We are not really sure why that was going on. Anyway we were going up anyway yesteday to get help y aunt get the rest of his furnitre taken care of at his condo and to say our final good byes. Well I asked my cousin if they were expecting any bad weather and she said no we just had some and I think its done. Well we get just North of Peru IN which means we are half way to Michigan City and hit this.

Total white out conditions. We could not see anything at times not even this much sometimes in front of us. It was so scarey. On 421 this highway there were so many cars off the side of the road into the ditch. It usually takes us about 2.5 -3 hours from Indy to get to Michigan City. It took 4-4.5 hours. When we finally got there we stopped to have lunch with my best friend who lives up there and my cousin and my aunt at the IHOP and my Aunt tells me that she just got a call from the hospice nurse at the Assisted living place where grandpa was and they were having trouble getting his blood pressure. So we headed over to the retirement home to be with grandpa. He was unresponsive at first but then as soon as I held his hand he opened his eyes and I said hi to him. He was trying to communicate and we told him it was ok to go home. I had been told by my best friend who is also an RT and who was there with my aunt helping the night before that a hospice nurse was supposed to be staying with him now or at least showing up every 4 hours.When we get there Hospice has not been there at all and we find out that he is only getting his Ativan and Morphine every 4 hrs. Mind you we had been there by now at least 3 hours and by now grandpa is aggitated we have been quitely sitting in the other room peeking in on him. So I called the nurse and asked if we could please get something to make him comfortable. She came in and was going to give him a pill with applesauce. I said excuse me but he cant take that and how often are you given his meds? She said oh you dont think he can with applesauce? I said uh he is dying and cant swallow, hes lethargic and you have no suction in this room. No you are not giving him a pill but you can go get his hospice emegency pack and get his subligual med and give those.

• ncollett
    edited February 2015

They finally started to give alternate them every two hours and he began to relax around 9pm. We were able to go to the hotel and try to rest and sleep since I am still sick and we were tired. My cousin said this was a really good nurse which we could tell right away so we felt like we could leave for awhile. At 1130 my cousin called and said that my grandpa had passed. We went back to the retirement home to say our good byes and came back home. It was really strange becuse we got there despite the fact we couldnt see. As soon as we got there the road we were just on closed. We were going to go back home that afternoon. God had other plans.

This was my reminder on the way home that God is in control and that he Calms all storms.

Grandpa and the first and only time with his only great great grandson Jackson. Jackson says Nana great great papa is reawy reawy reawy old. We got to be careful wif him.

Last picture I took of my dear grandpa, He was everybit of my strength and support growing up. He was third to the governer of the State of IN. He was the Director of Revenue Tax Sales Division for the State of IN. He recieved the Sagamore Award from Governor Hudnut when he retired. It is one of the most prestigous awards you can get in IN. He was a huge IU fan, wrote many many books about Christian faith non published but now we have each book. He was in the middle of another book when he passed. He will be creamated and burried with my grandma but we are having a Visitation and a Memorial service Saturday at his church in Michigan City. My aunt thinks there will be 100 people or more there. I just cant imagine. He was so well respected by all who knew him. I wish you all could have just had even one conversation with him.

• ncollett
    edited February 2015

Ok Disney update you definately can take booze, beer, pop, or water on board the ship. I will post some of that information for you all tomorrow. However if you are flying in to Orlando it must be checked in with your luggage. You will not be able to carry it onto the plane. Currents is awesome! All the bars are awesome and yes ladies in the adult pool there is a swim up bar.

I will definately ask for quote for Jan and Feb and we can choose which you would like. If I am counting right we have 6 so far. Me, Genny, Sue, NM, Dara, Julie am I missing anyone? I can also room with anyone. Let me do more checking and will get back to you all.

I dont know if I told you all my latest news about my CT scan but I do have scaring in my upper left lung due to radiation and they also found a new nodule in my left lingula. ( Kinda middle lower lung) They said it is too small to do a PET scan on or to do a biopsy on right now but we need to do another scan on it in about 6 months to a year and keep an eye on it. My PCP sent my Oncologist and my Pulmonologist copies. I see my Oncologist in Apirl so we will see what he says. My Prednisone finally kicked in today as have both antibiotics so I am breathing better.

Lori love the truck! That red is one of my favorite colors.

Genny I was watching the SNL thing too and the first half was funny then the new stuff came on and not quite as funny. I just dont thing the new guys are as funny as the old classics. And what was up with no classic Eddie Murphy stuff. I was so looking forward to that. Dang! Little Nora is a doll! I have not heard anything from disability yet. I just had to fill out some questions about stuff and so did my husband. I heard it takes a long time. Its ok though.

Oh and on Disney no drink cards. You get your key to the World and that is what you use to pay for your alcohol if you choose to have the drink of the day which is about 4.50-5.00 or a drink at dinner which is about 5-7 Remember we each get about $100 onboard credit to use. So you can use that for drinks, shopping, photos, what ever you want. Now any food, drinks like water, coffee, (except for fancy coffee like starbucks)leomonade, ice tea, and Cokes, and other sodas, and ice cream are inclusive meaning free. You aleady paid for it. If you want Snacks when we see the after dinner shows or a movie like popcorn or water in a bottle or candy you have to pay extra for that like you do at the movies but its not bad.

Everyone look up the Disney Dream on the Disney cruise line site. It tells you alot of information. I will be back tomorrow with more updates

• nativemainer
    edited February 2015

Good morning, Loungettes!Well, this latest blizzards was a bust as far as snowfall goes.Wind and visibility issues were definitely a factor, but not as bad as predicted.Cold, cold, cold, though.Enough of this already!

Mema--I hope you can get in to see the ENT same day as the heiney scope.Might as well get it all done at once.Are you on any antibiotics right now?

Dara--I saw that about Nancy's Grandpa, too.So sad, praying for her and her family.Praying for your Dad, too.Make sure he's drinking lots of fluids.

Genny-I can just picture little Nora climbing all over everything!That will make a cute and funny video.Amazing how much the sinuses get better in the cold, isn't it?This latest one didn't amunt to anything, snow-wise, but the wind picks up all the loose powdery stuff that still hasn't packed down and makes visibility problematic at times.I'm looking forward to some PINK karaoke, too.Sounds like a blast! A bar crawl would be fantastic fun, wouldn't it?Oh my, Nora is a budding hair dresser?Oh, my look at those eyes and smiles!You 2 must be related!

Collett--so sorry about your Grandpa.Sounds like he had a long, full life, but so sad to have him go, too.Wow, that is quite the lack of visibility, glad you got there safely!Wow, not good about his meds, glad you were there to sort that out and make him comfortable.Sounds like God did have other plans for you, glad He worked things out and kept you safe.What a sweet pic of your Grandpa and Jackson!And Jackson is so cute to be careful with him.Thank you for sharing your Grandpa with us.

Collett--I count 6 as well, and have the same names.Did the CT say if you had any radiation scarring on your heart?From what I've read if there is lung scarring (I have it, too) there is probably heart damage as well.The nodule could be anything, probably more lung damage from rads, right?I think I would go crazy if I was in a situation like that and waiting for something to get big enough to biopsy or scan and identify.Glad the prednisone and Aunti B's are working.I missed the $100 shipboard credit, that's pretty cool. Lets see, if Adult Beverages are an average of $5 each, that credit is worth 20 drinks.The cruise is 4 nights, so that's 5 drinks a night.Now if I get a couple fancy coffees per day that will leave me 3 Adult beverages per night, just about right for me!

I was looking at the Disney site, and I love the idea of the Rotational Dining.I love getting to eat in different places, and having the same servers is really nice, too, talk about the best of both worlds!

Caribbean Cruise

1/2 oz Midori Melon Liqueur

1/2 oz Vodka

1/2 oz Blue Curacao

1/2 oz Peach Schnapps

1 splash 7 Up

Pineapple Juice

Best served in a Hurricane Glass.

Directions

Combine all ingredients, shake well and serve over ice. Garnish with a lime wedge and a cherry (and an umbrella if handy).

• goldie0827
    edited February 2015

WHOOP WHOOP, de Cami back in da house. You are not allowed to miss a day, Missy! And you come back just full of piss n vinegar, dang I missed you! Sorry about the bridgephobia, they prolly gave it the name after you. You cracking me up at your comment to Dara "DARA I can't type with 2 hands, and u just roll with one", there is a bit of PUN in there, ROLLING WITH ONE HAND! LOL @ Mickey's shakeable thingy. Thank you for your sweet words AGAIN. And Sue was diagnosed stage IV from the get go, with bone mets. Oops, I see she already essplained dat. Ask your doctor the next time you go, if he/she checks your red blood cells. It could be what makes you cold, but it could also be the meds. You love your brother, which is why you miss him so, again, I'm so sorry. (((((CAMI)))))

NM, glad the storm was a flop. As for FB and VD, I actually didn't see a bunch of stuff to be jealous about, but you have a different group of friends than I do.

LDB, sounds like you VD was a nice one with DH and the band. And hey, what's wrong with C/W music??? LOL! Per your oil, I wonder if it has any merit as to your still being here? As there is studies on that. But how would you ever know, you wouldn't. I was considering essential oils, and then thought, had I been taking them since my diagnosis, they would lay claim to my still being here almost 7 years since diagnossis.

Dara, glad you are checking in chica. Of course we will continue to pray for Pops. And you DO have an awesome family. Have you heard anymore from your DD? And I am so glad you are doing so well on your arm.

Mary, that is a big 10-4 on meeting when I go to MI for sure. I would even like to try another trip to Shy town, or do your spell that Chi town? I saw little Nora doing your hair, but didn't see the video. The one of you and Nora looking right at the camera is just beautiful of you both, wow.

Nancy, my condolences to you and your family for the loss of your grandpa, wow, to live to that age! And what a handsome man. He certainly did not look his age. Glad that he got to meet Jackson, that little cutie saying that great great grandpa really old! I hope he went home peacefully. AND...so glad you made it there safely in that storm! Scary indeed. I do NOT miss that kind of weather.

NM, I love how you have your $100.00 spent! Cocktails and fancy coffee!

Well, I think I have to head today to get my Xgeva shot. Mail order pharm didn't call me to let me know they shipped it, arrived at doctors last Wednesday! Doing ok on my FU pills, having them now. Only that little bit of nausea on Wednesday. DH is going tomorrow to order the truck, we are having it built. Not sure if any of you have seen on the news, how containers are being held up at port in CA. We are concerned about this, as we have stuff coming in there. Could ruin our sales for this year. Some containers are taking as long as 4 months to get unloaded. Some contain food, and when it comes in, of course it's rotten. Such a shame!

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited February 2015

Morning DahhhhLinks!

Just a quick poop in, gotta get ready for my son this morning.  Don't really feel like messing with it but know I will be glad when I have all his chit and can take it to the tax peeps.

Nancy, grandpa was a handsome man and as Lori said he certainly did not look that old.  May he rest in peace, prayers to you and the family.  That road looks too scarey, glad u made it safely, now stay safe.  Will say some prayers on that lung situation.Thanks for the additional info on the cruise.  I was pretty sure u cud take a bottle, but still think they have limits on how much.

Lowee - shame on ports in CA, all that waste.  Must b workers protesting wages or working conditions or something eh?  Hope they get it squared away soon, gotta be stressful worrying about it.  Alright, only a little nausea?  That's great!  As far as the willie oil and cannabid I don't kno of any federal or medical studies other than stories on FB and utube and some of the mj sites, you know, supposedly true testaments to the power of the mj.  But I figure it can't hurt and tho it took a couple weeks to get into my system and feel better, that much is working for sure.

NM - No not on antib's yet.  I don't have any swelling of my lobe or behind my ear.  It just will not clear and then the brain scan's find.  idk.

Dara - thanks for checking in.  Glad to hear dad resting a lot and sounding better.

Mary - you and Nora jes so pretty.  Got 2 coloring of colorbook pages in the mail from my Maddy on Fri.  Get to talk to her tomorrow to thank her.  They're in Seattle now.

Sorry to any one I missed.  Know I lublublublublubS ya all

• ncollett
    edited February 2015

imageimageimage

imageimage

For you NM

• ncollett
    edited February 2015

Ok ladies here is what I found out for any 4 day Bahama cruise we take Jan- March

The current least expensive 4 night Disney Dream Cruise for travel Jan-March 2016 is January 25th for 2 adults in a Category 11C – is currently $1,313.16.

I look forward to your thoughts!

Category 11C staterooms are Standard Inside Staterooms on deck 2. Our agency onboard credit on the $1,313.16 is $50.

The $1,313.16 is the price for 2 adults. If each guest will be paying ½ of that, then it would be $656.58 for each guest.

Deposit is like 70 or 75% due at booking with the remainder due at least 60-30 days before sailing.

Flights right now from Indy to MCO are about 400 RT. Will depend on where you are coming from if you have any sky miles you can use. I would say everyone could book that maybe themselves or you can contact Kathy the travel agent we are working with to do that since we are coming from all over.

We need to know for sure who is going. Please IM me with your Full Name Birthdate and Address as they need that to book the cruise. NM is going to also assist in this so pleae also send her the information as well. And NM will help make room assignments. If you wish to have a private room let me know but keep in mind then the cost of the room will be more. Let know which date you want as well.

Sailing Date: Monday, March 14, 2016

Returning Date: Friday, March 18, 2016

$2,249.16 is the price for 2 adults. If each guest will be paying 1/2 of that, then it would be $1,124.58 for each guest. And you get $100 on board credit. Only difference in time of year is the weather is a little warmer and so is the water. But it was very nice in January for us. The temp was near 80 the water was just cold but I really like just sitting on the beach with a drink in my hand so I was good. A little shopping and some good food then back on the ship. Least expensive shore excurision for me. I believe we just go to Nassau Bahamas and Disneys Castaway Cay so maybe a little site seeing if you wish in Nassau and then relaxing in Castaway Cay. The rotation dining is so so good. Breakfast and lunch you do up on the 11 deck in Cabbanas the biggest buffett you have ever seen With just about anything you could want. Then dinner gets assigned. We can choose Early seating which is 530 or late which is 830. You all tell me but late would be minus the most kids. They assign the shows the same way so if you have early dinner you have late shows. Late dinner early shows. There is one Formal night and one pirate night where they will do fireworks off the ship and have a huge buffett. I fell asleep and didnt see cuz I was fatigued but I will see this one. Its unbelievable. I think you all will really enjoy it. If you want to do DW 2 days before we will look into that more this summer. Kathy said they dont have pricing out yet for 2016 so she cant quote me on that yet. But she has some things in mind and written down. Ok now just let me know which package you want and we are on our way to finally meeting and greeting! God willing. And yes there is definately travel insurance that I highly recommend we all get. Its only like an extra 100 or something not much at all.

• dara_diverse
    edited February 2015

Thanks for your hard work Nancy. I am confused, why is there such a difference between the prices? Putting out 650 will be a lot easier on me than 1124. And does this price include the meals? It sounds quite doable. I would have to find someone to care for my Dad. My sisters take cruises every February, not sure of the week but it does sound like you are not looking into February.

• ncollett
    edited February 2015

The price difference is just in the time of year. March is typically getting into some College Spring break times so prices go up a bit so your into a little bit more of a peak season. Thats why you get $100 on board credit too vs $50 but believe me that is still good credit to have to use. Dara all meals, snacks unless you want something from a gift shop sodas, plain coffee and tea are included. Here is what I have for you. No we are looking just at Jan 25 and March 14.

Cruise fare includes:
    • Shipboard accommodations
    • Dining
    • Entertainment
    • Character experiences and select onboard activities

4-Night Bahamian Cruise on Disney Dream - Itinerary A

January 25 to January 29
    Disney Dream

DayPortAshoreOnboard
    1Port Canaveral, Florida3:45 p.m.
    2Nassau9:30 a.m.5:15 p.m.
    3Castaway Cay8:30 a.m.4:45 p.m.
    4At Sea
    5Port Canaveral, Florida7:30 a.m.

Guest ashore times and onboard times are subject to change without notice.

For dining you eat in Royal Palace, Annimators Palate and Enchanted Gardens. Each has a different menu different ambiance etc..

Animators Palate

Enchanted Garden

Royal Palace

Palos this is a Adult exclusive. If we want we can eat here our sea day. They have a fabulous Champane brunch for $25 its a big buffett if I remember right.

Cabannas on deck 11 is indoor outdoor seating big buffett serves breakfast lunch and dinner. We just ate breakfast and lunch there because we enjoyed the other three for dinner. And we liked our servers.

One of the live shows we get to see called the Golden Mickies

The other one is about Villians

image The adult only pool

• maryland
    edited February 2015

Just a quick pop-in, just finished dinner, gotta go clean the kitchen. I would prefer the Jan 25 date, much more affordable. I will get my info to Kim tonight. I will go to the disney cruise site and check it out as well. Dara and I will bunk together, she promised not to fart too much. I think it will be lots of fun!! Definately something to look forward to!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited February 2015

jan would be good, is it really a 75% deposit?

• dara_diverse
    edited February 2015

I was wondering the same thing, Julie.

Another question for Nancy or anyone who might know - I was checking out departure ports and found Miami listed. But you mentioned MCO which is Orlando. Are you sure that this ship sails out of Orlando? I want to look at flight info.

Sorry I am not addressing you all. I am trying not to type too much. I am using both hands but feel it in my elbow when I talk too much with mese fingers. Just know I love you all. And I am sorry to the ones that can't make the cruise. I hope you "no" people change your minds and/or find a way to be there.

Cheers!

• dara_diverse
    edited February 2015

I just checked flights from Atlantic City to Orlando and the prices are good, it would only be about 200.00 round trip. This would make for a very inexpensive vacation. I always thought cruises were so much money. I was also thinking that one or both of my nephews might be willing to stay at my house for the week. Both have been living in my sister's deceased mother-in-laws condo. Well my sister is having a house built (the one that used to live down the shore in Ocean City). They are putting the condo on the market and her two boys are moving back with her and her husband when they settle on the new home next week. I am thinking they would like staying here for the week and looking after my Dad. My one nephew used to care for my Dad every Tues and Thurs but he just got a job so visits at night now. He is very close to my Dad. Yeah, I am feeling more confident that this can happen for me.

• nativemainer
    edited February 2015

Good morning, Loungettes!Boy it has been nice to have a future cruise to think about while wandering around in the miserable cold yesterday.Wind chill 20 below the donut.Wind blowing everywhere and snow drifting everywhere.Yuck. Just yuck.

Goldie--My idea of indulgence is a good latte in a quiet spot watching the sea go by in the morning.Why didn't the pharmacy let you know the Xgeva was shipped?Or why didn't the doc's office let you know it had arrived? Or did you already have today's appointment?Seems like there should be more communication there.Why is it taking so long for stuff to get unloaded?I didn't see that on the news, but then I didn't get home in time to see the news yesterday.Had an after hours admission.I hope that doesn't hurt your sales too much.And losing food that way--so not right!

Mema--ah taxes, I need to do that too.Not looking forward to it, I hate seeing how much of the money I make goes to government.Mastoiditis is notorious for not clearing with a single round of Aunti B's, so don't be surprised if the ENT gives you some to take for 4 or 6 weeks.No swelling is a good thing,

Nancy--you've got the attitude around here just right!So, if I've got this right we haveinfo on 2 options:

Jan 25th, $1,313.16 per cabin ($656.58 per person double occupancy), deposit would be$919.21 to$984.87 per cabin ($459.61 to $492.44 per person).

March 14th, $2,249.16 per cabin ($1,124.58 per person double occupancy), deposit would be $1,574.41 to $1,686.87 per cabin ($787.21 to $843.44 per person).

Dara--I've been on some cruises (diifferent lines) and you can go for the whole trip without spending anything on board if you don't want to.The biggest onboard expense is alcoholic drinks, which are expensive, but the on board credit, even the $50 one will cover a lot of that.I find that cruise vacations end up being cheaper for me as a single traveler than any other kind, with a lot less to worry about once I leave home.

Nancy--I love eating breakfast and lunch on deck, so wonderful.The Champagne Brunch sound really nice, too, and $25 isn't bad for a special brunch.

Genny--Yeah!

Dara--see, told you things would work out over time!

I'm partial to the January date, but can do either one.I definitely want to add a Disney pre-sail package, that will be my travel cushion.If I miss out on some of that due to flight issues it will be ok, it wouldn't beif I missed the cruise.

Boston Freeze

1 1/4 oz Dark Rum

3 oz Cranberry Juice

1 oz Coconut Cream

Best served in a White Wine Glass.

Directions

Pour dark rum, cranberry juice and coconut cream into a cocktail shaker with one cup of crushed ice. Shake well, until smooth. Pour all contents of the shaker into a wine glass. Garnish with 3 cranberries on a toothpick or a maraschino cherry, and serve.

• goldie0827
    edited February 2015

LDB, I hope you got DS's paperwork all in order and are DONE DONE DONE wif dat! As for the ports in CA., DH told me they are bithching cuz $36.00 an hour isn't enough. He also told me of a company that provides Wal Mart with Easter Baskets, which are stuck in the port. Well, Easter just around the corner and he had to pay over $50K to have baskets shipped air. 2 color book pictures from Maddy, how sweet. She is such a doll, I SOOO enjoyed meeting her. My DD sent me this link on cannabis/cannabinoids http://scienceblog.cancerresearchuk.org/2012/07/25/cannabis-cannabinoids-and-cancer-the-evidence-so-far/#can-treat

I just love seeing all you goils talking about the cruise. For those that are non smokers, make sure you are not booking with a smoker in a smoking room (if anyone plans on smoking in the room). And y'all keep your hands to yourself and leave Mickey's "shakeable" thing alone!!

NM, I don't know why the pharmacy or the doctors office didn't call. No biggie on this drug. The rest of those shots will be given at my oncs office, since I have to see him every 6 weeks. So I will do the Xgeva every 6 wks, instead of every 4. As for the delays at the port in CA. I explained above. DH heard it on World News, which is on before I get up in the mornings.

Hoping this cold weather breaks soon for you girls getting blasted with snow and cold. DH heading out today to go and order the new truck....$60,000.00! I told him we could just put the quad in the back of our current truck and just stay in a hotel. $60K would pay for a lot of nights! Who needs to camp!

HAVE A ....

• ncollett
    edited February 2015

NM I believe you are correct on the deposits. I will get the final from Kathy for sure. I am voting for the January date my self a lot more doable for me as well. :) I am really looking forward to this trip. It will be good to have some girl time with good friends.

Dara I hope your dad is doing better. I cant wait to meet up with you and give you a big hug.

Lori glad you are getting that pretty truck today. Wish you could be with us but I know you will be in spirit. My husband always wanted to put one of those silly cab campers on one of his trucks. I told him no there wasnt enough room and I thought they looked silly.

After this dang winter we will be ready for warm weather for sure! Come on Spring!!!

My grandpas services are on Saturday so we are going to head back up to Michigan City early Saturday morning again. Hopefully no white outs this time. I wish we could go up Friday night because I hate to be rushed but my DH and DS and DD have to work Friday so we have to go Sat morning.

Love you all

• ncollett
    edited February 2015

Ok ladies I was just a little off on the deposit ... sorry here is my latest email from Kathy our travel agent.

Deposit is 20% of the cruise fare, so that would be $235.20 per stateroom.

Pricing of $1,313.16 is for cruise fare and tax. Add $70pp for round trip ground transfers to/from Orlando International and port Canaveral, and $94.08 total for each reservation to add insurance.

Thank you!

Until then...

I dont know where I got the 75% from but 20% is way better news :) Lol. The round trip ground transfers is through Disney buses