how about drinking?

Comments

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited February 2015

Morning DahhhhLinks!!

Nancy - really, we dress as pirates?  Is that for one night function or what?  I like the door ornaments, would definitely help me find my room when mese is dwunk dwunk dwunk..LOL.  Hoping DH and DD get better soon.

Lara - I don’t kno where you find these docs either, but I’d sure keep looking til I found one on the same page as me.  Good luck with the interview.  (((Lara)))

Dara - woohoo on booking the cruise, can’t wait to wrap my arms around all you goils. 

Julie - yes keep me in mind for the overnight before and after the cruise.  And I’d b forever grateful if you picked me up at the a/p.  Will hold off booking my flight til I get the dates down pat.  Does DW have trams or such inside that peeps can ride from area to area? 

Mary - so sad dh is still not feeling well….it’s a biotch being sick.  Hope u get booked, tamary is last day, gotta have you on that ship for sure.

NM -  that metrorail train was in Oxnard, CA.  Jes so sad.  Don’t forget door jambs when u’r bleaching.  LOL, 334 days but who’s counting LOL.

Loweee - I have same kinda thing going on, only not as wide spread.  Remember I went to dermatologist awhile back.  Some even on my scalp.  Those are few but painful.  The rest look like skeeter bites kinda.  My lips are always chapped lately but the bumps mostly scalp, forehead, chin, neck, chest and some on my arms n legs. I’m happy to hear ur onco took lots of time with you and hopefully put your mind at ease.  I don’t want you to give up treatment, not yet, so much out like what you found.  And try to keep in mind se’s are usually temporary.  I’m praying for you girlfriend!!

Nancy - good to kno we won’t have to worry about transpo.  I get anxious and nervous when I’m not sure where to go and what to do in places I‘ve never been.  I kno Julie will help me too.  I’ve heard that DW is a GR8 place to celebrate Halloween, that should b a lot of fun for you and the kids.

4 - where u b….gotta get in on this cruise chatter a widdle bit girl.  Miss ya.

OK, gotta get ready to take pooches to the groomer.  Was letting Bella’s hair grow out but it is just too much for me to handle.  Gonna have her cut down today.  Not a summer shave but much shorter for sure.

Lubslubslubslubslubslubslubslubslubslubssssss!!!!!!!

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753
    edited February 2015

Memaw no worries between Julie and I we will take care of you. Love you Memaw and I cant wait to finally get to see you too! I am so excited! You dont have to dress up as a Pirate if you dont want to. They have one night that is Pirate night. The dinner is Priate themed and they do a big buffett on deck 11 where the pools are and have a real nice Pirates of the Caribean show that night with Mickey and all the gang and even Captain Hook and Mr Smee and Jack Sparow come out and the they fireworks off the ship its really cool. They have special pirate drinks that night too. See below

One night, each cruise, the entire Disney Dream transforms into a pirate ship with two events brimming with buccaneer fun and a new fireworks spectacular. The evening starts at the Donald Pool stage with "Mickey's Pirates IN the Caribbean," a family-friendly interactive show featuring the famous Disney characters. Guests become members of Mickey's Pirate Crew as they participate on a series of pirate-themed musical numbers.

Later in the evening, a special appearance by Captain Jack Sparrow, from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" films, kicks off "Club Pirate," a high-tech, open-air dance party on the upper decks of the ship.

Fireworks at Sea

After a pirate-inspired dance party on deck, a fireworks show tops off the night. Disney Cruise Line is the only cruise line to feature fireworks at sea. The show is called "Buccaneer Blast!" Besides a colorful display of fireworks, the show is choreographed to songs from Disney classics like: Pirates of the Caribbean" movies, Peter Pan and the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction at the Disney theme parks.

• ncollett
    edited February 2015

I thought I would post what the dress code is for you all and the tipping policy so you all knew what that was. Tipping is not bad at all. For our 7 day cruise we paid 168 total and that was for 2 of us. Its $12 per day per person and you can prepay it.. See below for details.

Disney Dream Dress Code

Disney Dream has two dress codes: Princess Formal and Pirate Casual. We're kidding, of course, but it's true that princess dresses and other costumes for kids are always in style.

The actual dress code is casual during the day and what we'd call "family resort casual" most evenings. Nice shorts and jeans are allowed in the dining room, but tank tops and swimwear are not. However, Disney cruisers love to dress up, and themed evenings, whether formal-optional, Caribbean or pirate night, are wholeheartedly embraced. Dream's three- to five-night cruises feature one night each of pirate/tropical and formal-optional dress, with the remainder of the evenings being cruise casual.

The dress code in Palo and Remy is dressier -- no jeans, shorts, capris, flip-flops or sneakers. A jacket (but not a tie) is required for men at Remy.

Disney Dream Gratuity

Gratuities, which are given to the waiters, assistant waiters, head waiters and stateroom attendants, are $12 per person, per day. You can prepay gratuities up to three days prior to sailing or add tips to your onboard bill. Envelopes are distributed on the final evening so you can personally thank your room steward and waitstaff with cash if you choose, or use cards denoting the prepaid amount. An automatic 15 percent service charge is added to cocktail and other beverage purchases; an 18 percent charge is added to spa treatments.

This is a description of our rooms:

Interior: Standard insides start at 169 square feet, and deluxe insides are 204 square feet. They're found on decks 2 and 5 through 10. Those opting for an inside cabin can check out a nifty industry first: Magical Portholes. They're flat screens designed to look like portholes above the beds; they project a real-time view outside the ship by means of high-def cameras and a live video feed. Stare at the screen for long enough, and you may catch a dancing hippo or two.

There is a really comfy couch that also pulls out to a bed.

Dining : We have the second seating which is 8:15

In a sea of new ships boasting dozens of dining options, Disney Dream's five main restaurants (excluding the buffet at Cabanas and Flo's Cafe on the pool deck) might seem comparatively limited. But, Disney does more with five than others do with twice that many, and it reminds us that quality trumps quantity. Each of Dream's three themed main dining restaurants -- Animator's Palate, Enchanted Garden and the Royal Palace -- has its own appeal, and all have elaborate themed decor. It's in this area -- creating magical, whimsical spaces that come to life -- where Disney really triumphs.

Free Dining

The Rotational Dining system in place on Disney's other ships carries over to Dream, so you rotate among the three themed restaurants each night while your servers follow you. It's fun to move to a new setting nightly and get to know your waiters, but the system does necessitate traditional assigned dining times of 5:45 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. Families with young children might prefer more flexibility.

Overall, the quality of the food is exceptional, though success varies from venue to venue. Disney handles food allergies and dietary restrictions remarkably well, in both the sit-down and buffet venues, and can even whip up baby food for the littlest cruisers. The kids menus are a mix of perennial favorites (mac 'n' cheese, burgers, chicken strips) and healthier/more adult fare (such as cream of mushroom soup, baked cod and port tenderloin with green beans).

Coffee, soda, fruit juice and tea (iced or hot) are available at no charge; wine, specialty coffees, smoothies and other bar drinks incur an extra fee.

Animator's Palate (Deck 3): At Animator's Palate, screens adorned with Disney art transform into an underwater world with fish, bubbles and appearances by Crush the Turtle (who holds conversations with diners), Bruce the Shark and other "Finding Nemo" characters. The restaurant serves contemporary American and Pacific Rim cuisine. We especially enjoyed the butternut squash soup and truffle ravioli.

Enchanted Garden (Deck 2): Also promising to entertain you while you eat, the Versailles-inspired Enchanted Garden throws a bit of pizzazz into the dining experience by cleverly transforming day into night with lighting effects. The pan-seared sea bass at Enchanted Garden was outstanding and cooked perfectly. The venue is also open for buffet breakfast (8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.). Breakfast has limited offerings: meats and cheeses, pancakes and Mickey waffles, breakfast meat, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt and cereal with no made-to-order options.

The Royal Palace (Deck 3): The Royal Palace will tickle princess-lovers with its hand-painted portraits of "Cinderella" and "Sleeping Beauty." Waiters decked out in royal duds make you feel as if you're about to witness the changing of the guard, and little imperial touches are everywhere, right down to bread baskets in the shape of Cinderella's coach. However, compared to the technical effects of the other main dining venues, this one is a bit lackluster, without even princess stop-n-chats to add that wow factor. The food did not disappoint, however; we enjoyed the deep-fried brie appetizer and oven-baked salmon royale, as well as the perfectly sized Sweet Temptations dessert sampler. A sit-down breakfast is served from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.

Cabanas (Deck 11): This is a food court with food and drink stations and the predictable selection of hot and cold buffet items, with very few, if any, made-to-order items. Seating is indoors or out. There's a late-night pirate buffet held there on Pirate Night. (Open for breakfast 7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., lunch noon to 2 p.m. and dinner 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., though hours vary slightly each day.)

Flo's Cafe (Deck 11): Flo's Cafe is three Cars-themed dining venues in one. Tow Mater's Grill offers up burgers, sausage, grilled chicken and chicken fingers; Luigi's Pizza serves mediocre slices; and Fillmore's Favorites comprises a salad bar and a sandwich station with Panini and wraps. (Open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., with late-night pizza at Luigi's from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.)

Eye Scream: A soft-serve ice cream station is located on the opposite side of the pool deck from Flo's Cafe. Serve yourself from a rotating selection of flavors.

Room Service: Continental breakfast can be ordered via door tags for delivery between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m., or you can call in the morning. A 24-hour menu includes sandwiches, salads, burgers, pizza and snacks. Room service is not available after 1:30 a.m. on the final night of the cruise.

Fee Dining

Remy (Deck 12); $75: Remy, which debuted on Disney Dream, is so very French that you may want to have your French-English dictionary handy. The venue -- named after the star of "Ratatouille" -- is, in our minds, the first cruise-ship restaurant to vie for a Michelin star. (Its menus were created by a Michelin two-star chef in France and Scott Hunnel, the head chef at Disney World's award-winning Victoria & Albert's.)

Remy means serious business when it comes to food, and it charges serious prices, with an industry-high service fee of $75 per person just to set foot inside the door. (And, don't even think about coming if you're not properly dressed in 50th-anniversary gala kind of garb.) Having said all that, Remy truly is a wonderful special-occasion restaurant; the steep cover is significant value for money -- it was that memorable of an evening. Remy offers a private dining room for special group events. If it's not in use, you can request to be seated there if space is available.

Cocktails and wine are additional, and a wine-pairing option costs an additional $99 per person (total charge $174). Passengers are invited to meet with Remy sommeliers before their meals to plan wines for the evening. Go for it -- it's a great chance to learn something, and the menu's marvelous. The lobster with vanilla sauce and veal chops with sweetbreads were outstanding.

A Champagne brunch is offered on sea days on cruises of four nights or longer. The fee is $50 per person, or $75 for a Champagne pairing.

Palo (Deck 12); $25: Palo, the ship's other adults-only venue, is a Northern Italian eatery and worth every cent of the $25 cover. It serves dinner nightly, as well as a Champagne brunch on sea days, also for $25. A set menu with wine pairing will run you $84. The fish and seafood entrees are superb, and the panna cotta with fresh berries and chocolate souffle are dreamy. The brunch is equally enticing, with a cold buffet (meats and cheeses, shrimp, salads, desserts) and a selection of hot made-to-order items (omelets, fish).

Vista Cafe (Deck 4) and Cove Cafe (Deck 11): These two venues specialize in specialty coffees and teas, though they also stock a variety of liquors for cocktails. Snacks and pastries are complimentary. The Vista Cafe overlooks the Atrium, while the Cove Cafe is by the Cove Pool and is for adults only.

Preludes (Deck 4): With stations by both theater entrances, this is the place to stock up on candy, popcorn, smoothies and cocktails (all for added fees) prior to the show. There's also a popcorn stand outside the Buena Vista movie theater.

In a sea of new ships boasting dozens of dining options, Disney Dream's five main restaurants (excluding the buffet at Cabanas and Flo's Cafe on the pool deck) might seem comparatively limited. But, Disney does more with five than others do with twice that many, and it reminds us that quality trumps quantity. Each of Dream's three themed main dining restaurants -- Animator's Palate, Enchanted Garden and the Royal Palace -- has its own appeal, and all have elaborate themed decor. It's in this area -- creating magical, whimsical spaces that come to life -- where Disney really triumphs.

Free Dining

The Rotational Dining system in place on Disney's other ships carries over to Dream, so you rotate among the three themed restaurants each night while your servers follow you. It's fun to move to a new setting nightly and get to know your waiters, but the system does necessitate traditional assigned dining times of 5:45 p.m. and 8:15 p.m. Families with young children might prefer more flexibility.

Overall, the quality of the food is exceptional, though success varies from venue to venue. Disney handles food allergies and dietary restrictions remarkably well, in both the sit-down and buffet venues, and can even whip up baby food for the littlest cruisers. The kids menus are a mix of perennial favorites (mac 'n' cheese, burgers, chicken strips) and healthier/more adult fare (such as cream of mushroom soup, baked cod and port tenderloin with green beans).

Coffee, soda, fruit juice and tea (iced or hot) are available at no charge; wine, specialty coffees, smoothies and other bar drinks incur an extra fee.

Animator's Palate (Deck 3): At Animator's Palate, screens adorned with Disney art transform into an underwater world with fish, bubbles and appearances by Crush the Turtle (who holds conversations with diners), Bruce the Shark and other "Finding Nemo" characters. The restaurant serves contemporary American and Pacific Rim cuisine. We especially enjoyed the butternut squash soup and truffle ravioli.

Enchanted Garden (Deck 2): Also promising to entertain you while you eat, the Versailles-inspired Enchanted Garden throws a bit of pizzazz into the dining experience by cleverly transforming day into night with lighting effects. The pan-seared sea bass at Enchanted Garden was outstanding and cooked perfectly. The venue is also open for buffet breakfast (8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.). Breakfast has limited offerings: meats and cheeses, pancakes and Mickey waffles, breakfast meat, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt and cereal with no made-to-order options.

The Royal Palace (Deck 3): The Royal Palace will tickle princess-lovers with its hand-painted portraits of "Cinderella" and "Sleeping Beauty." Waiters decked out in royal duds make you feel as if you're about to witness the changing of the guard, and little imperial touches are everywhere, right down to bread baskets in the shape of Cinderella's coach. However, compared to the technical effects of the other main dining venues, this one is a bit lackluster, without even princess stop-n-chats to add that wow factor. The food did not disappoint, however; we enjoyed the deep-fried brie appetizer and oven-baked salmon royale, as well as the perfectly sized Sweet Temptations dessert sampler. A sit-down breakfast is served from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.

Cabanas (Deck 11): This is a food court with food and drink stations and the predictable selection of hot and cold buffet items, with very few, if any, made-to-order items. Seating is indoors or out. There's a late-night pirate buffet held there on Pirate Night. (Open for breakfast 7 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., lunch noon to 2 p.m. and dinner 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., though hours vary slightly each day.)

Flo's Cafe (Deck 11): Flo's Cafe is three Cars-themed dining venues in one. Tow Mater's Grill offers up burgers, sausage, grilled chicken and chicken fingers; Luigi's Pizza serves mediocre slices; and Fillmore's Favorites comprises a salad bar and a sandwich station with Panini and wraps. (Open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., with late-night pizza at Luigi's from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.)

Eye Scream: A soft-serve ice cream station is located on the opposite side of the pool deck from Flo's Cafe. Serve yourself from a rotating selection of flavors.

Room Service: Continental breakfast can be ordered via door tags for delivery between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m., or you can call in the morning. A 24-hour menu includes sandwiches, salads, burgers, pizza and snacks. Room service is not available after 1:30 a.m. on the final night of the cruise.

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited February 2015

Hi girls!

Well I slept late today, nothing new there.

I am really not into the whole disney thing, I am jest being honest. Nancy, you skeered me with the dress code for a minute there. I am going to party with my goils.

Lara, so sorry you are going through so much. I have seen the swelling you talk about and to think that your foob has shifted and no one will give you anything for pain just makes me cringe. I wish you luck on your interview.

Nancy, thanks for posting the room pics and such. I skeered I gonna get claustrophobic but hear that alcamahal cures all! I hope you feel better. Wow, so much illness going around, you poor dear.

Genny, sorry your people are all sick. Must suck for your DH to be away. I will try to PM you the email address and confirmation number so that you can book via email as Sue and I did. I hate the telephone. The girl tried to get me to call her but I respectfully declined. I sure hope you do not get sick.

Lori, omg, how horrible that those FU pills are doing that to your face, neck, chest and mouth. Great news on the TM number going down. I hope and pray that the new dose works and that the se's go away. ((((Lori)))). Your onc sounds awesome, I will keep praying for you love. I so wish you could come on the cruise, I gonna bug ya, sorry, mese can't help mydamnself.

Mema, I can't wait to see your face again, it gonna be so fun. I be packing the willie iffin you can't. We gonna have to find a corner to sneak off to where no one is looking hehe. When there is a will, there is a way.

Julie, do not hate me for not loving Disney. Ya see, my parents dragged mese ass to Disneyland and to Disneyworld when I was little. I loved it then. Went back in 1979 after graduation and I was just not thrilled. The place bores me. I guess I lost my inner child a long long time ago :( Like Sue, I would rather have my feet in the water at de beach. But as I said, I am cominng to be with all of you goils, could not miss it. I hope the creeping crud is gone from your work place.

NM, sorry we did not have a big partay for your birthday, we will shirley make it up in Disney. I gonna buy you a birthday drink, one of those lil drinks with an umbrella, k? Here is a little cake I made for ya, Stella helped! and btw, she is coming, she would not miss a disney cruise, it is her kinda ting hehe.

Well I am thrilled to say that my DD called me today, actually she used face time while she was visiting baby David. He is just so cute. He had a big smile. She also sent me a photo of him which I will share later. I think her Dad had something to do with the call. She has court on March 6th. I hope she gets David back. But I pray that God does what is best for the baby and I am not sure what that is. I tailed my Dad that once she gets him back, she will certainly need my help with baby sitting since she has alienated all of her other friends. I am her Mom and will always be here for her. I tank you all who have given such great advise that I just chill and wait for her to come around. I got a baby step today and I will take it.

I have to run out to visit my Mom and take her clean laundry back to her room. My sister usually does it but she is closing on her new home today. I can't wait to see it, it was custom built for her. She did drive me by on our way to my surgery a few weeks back and it is bootiful on the outside. the house faces a lovely pond and some beautiful farm land. I am very excited for my sis, she deserves this. She was not happy living at the beach, espcially during the summer when the place was swarming with tourists as she calls them.

To all, have a wonderfoil day. Sending lots of love and hugs to everyone and most of all, stay healthy!

cheers!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited February 2015

OK, gang, I could use some prayers. I was in the middle of this:

More than 40 vehicles involved in I-95 pileup, 17 people taken to

By BDN staff, Special to the BDN

Posted Feb. 25, 2015, at 8:43 a.m.
    Last modified Feb. 25, 2015, at 1:04 p.m.

ETNA, Maine — Interstate 95 was shut down to northbound travel between Newport and Bangor for more than four hours Wednesday due to a crash involving more than 40 vehicles, according to Maine Department of Public Safety spokesman Stephen McCausland.

Both northbound lanes were closed, McCausland said. One lane reopened at approximately 11:30 a.m. At least 17 people were transported to Bangor hospitals, according to officials at the medical facilities.

McCausland said the main crash involved more than 25 vehicles, and a series of other wrecks leading up to the crash site occurred.

"Some of those other crashes involved two or three vehicles each, and then other vehicles went off the road to avoid collisions," McCausland said in a statement at 10:50 a.m.

Eleven patients were taken to Eastern Maine Medical Center in Bangor, some with broken bones and others with more serious injuries, Dr. Jim Clarke, chief of surgery, said just before noon. "It's our impression that none [of the injuries] are immediately life-threatening," he said.

"Every patient has been removed from the scene — that is what we have been told," Clarke said.

He did not provide specific information about injuries, names or ages of those hurt for privacy reasons.

"The scene was very scary," Clarke said. "It isn't as bad as it could have been."

Other patients were taken to St. Joseph Hospital, EMMC staff said.

The American Red Cross set up a hotline for anyone concerned their loved one might have been involved in the crash. EMMC set up an area for family members and friends of patients to gather.

EMMC staff heard about the collisions at about 8 a.m. and initiated their mobile incident command "for the possibility of mass casualties," Clarke said.

Amy Kenney, spokeswoman for St. Joseph Hospital in Bangor, said the hospital initiated a "code triage" after learning of the pileup. As of late Wednesday morning, six patients were transported from the crash site to St. Joseph, according to Kenney.

"Coordinated efforts began immediately with Eastern Maine Medical Center to ensure communication of available community health care resources," she added.

Conditions of St. Joseph's six patients weren't immediately available, but they were being "assessed and treated within the Emergency Department," according to the hospital. The hospital expects at least one person could be admitted in the near future.

McCausland said one trooper described the crash site as a "giant pile of metal."

One vehicle was a bus carrying two RSU 19 students and an aide to Stillwater Academy in Old Town.

"Our driver came upon a situation that was already involved," RSU 19 Superintendent Greg Potter said.

One of the high school students has a scraped chin and one may have sprained a thumb, Potter said, but the driver and aide were uninjured.

The bus was unable to stop before hitting one vehicle and then another vehicle hit the bus from behind.

"There are over 20 vehicles surrounding the bus," Potter said of the multi-vehicle crash.

The collisions caused one tire on the bus to deflate, but Potter did not yet have an estimate for the amount of damage.

The school district sent a bus to the scene to act as a warming center for those stuck on the highway and a van picked up the students to return them home for the day, according to Potter.

"We're feeling very fortunate," Potter said.

A Bangor police detective was among those who had his vehicle totaled in the crash, Sgt. Tim Cotton said in a posting on the department's Facebook page.

According to Cotton, Detective Larry Morrill stayed on scene to assist other law enforcement officers in helping victims from their vehicles.

Cotton said that Morrill "was in the heart of that 40-car pileup."

The collisions started occurring around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday as heavy snow started to fall in the area.

A fleet of wreckers continue to remove the damaged vehicles.

Peggy Leonard, who was heading to her home in Hampden at the time of the accident, said she feels fortunate to be alive after her vehicle wound up wedged between a pair of tractor-trailers.

"I didn't realize how bad it was until one of the drivers of the semi trucks that hit me came over, helped me out of my car, and said that I was lucky to be alive," she said in an email. "I did a 180 and was face to face with the second semi coming at me. I threw it in reverse, moved to the side and [that] probably saved my life."

Leonard added she believes there were about 30 vehicles in front of her.

"I have never seen anything like this in my life," she said.

The crash involved many cars, the school bus and several tractor-trailers. McCausland said.

Dozens of vehicles were stuck behind the pileup for nearly four hours. Matthew Theriault, a 24-year-old contractor and guardsman, told the Bangor Daily News he was one of the first drivers to come to a stop behind the pileup.

"People in the left lane were going way too fast for conditions," Theriault claimed. The speed limit on the interstate had been reduced to 45 mph. Theriault said he was driving about 40 mph, but he estimated some of the vehicles passing him were traveling in excess of 60 mph.

Those stuck behind the wreckage got out to check on injured drivers and handed out whatever blankets they had after state police arrived.

Most vehicles have moved to the right to allow plow and tow trucks to pass so the snow and wreckage can be cleared.

"Nothing seems to be moving much," Theriault said around 10:30 a.m. "It's just a hunk of metal."

An hour later, Theriault said that the line of cars behind the pileup was allowed to leave, following a plow truck through the wreckage and to the interstate beyond.

BDN writers Ryan McLaughlin, Nick McCrea and Nok-Noi Ricker contributed to this report.

Watch bangordailynews.com for updates.

See the firefighter way in the back, standing on top of an 18 wheeler's load? My car is directly behind him, pinned between the truck and the guardrail.

I'm not hurt, by the grace of God. Don't know where my cell phone flew off to, don't know where my car is, walked away with some bruises and the clothes I was wearing. Very glad to be back home.

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited February 2015

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG NM

she can report whatever she wants IDC I have the evidence of everything going on with me and all legit scripts

Lori OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

prayers

• MemaSue56
    edited February 2015

Two Irish nuns were sitting at a traffic light in their car when a bunch of rowdy drunks pull up alongside of them.

"Hey, show us your tits, ye bloody penguins!" shouts one of the drunks.

The Mother Superior turns to Sister Margaret, "I don't think they know who we are. Show them your cross." 

So Sister Margaret rolls down her window and shouts, "Screw off ye little fookin‚ wankers, before  I come over there and rip yer nuts off!"

Sister Margaret looks back at the Mother Superior and asks, "Was that cross enough?!"

LOL....I hope none of yas weewee in laughter like I did!!!

• MemaSue56
    edited February 2015

OMG, I just saw what NM posted...am just glad you weren't seriously hurt Kim.  Prayers to the rest in the mess.

Nancy - Thanks for the added info and the offer to guide me around, I'll need it.

Dara - I booked by phone but getting conf via email.  And it's been 30 years since I have been to a Disneyland but I am so fercited that I kno I'll be finding my inner-child again as soon as enter the property.  Around Halloween wud b a good time to find a pirate outfit, you wanna a princess one?  There is going to be soooo much to do in those 4 days, no wonder people go back again.

MUAH MUAH MUAH!!

• nativemainer
    edited February 2015

Good afternoon, Loungettes!The adrenalin is wearing off, I'm starting to really feel the aches and owies, and getting tired.So, going to go back and read what I skipped over and ketchup, and divert my mind a little bit.

Goldie--Microwave and fridge,. Check, got to get them, too.Wow, what a reaction to the 5FU!5FU is notorious for causing mouth sores and diarrhea.I'm really surprised the Onc said that he expected you would have NO side effects!Did the Onc tell you to avoid sun exposure while you are taking it?You can get really sunburnt really quickly while taking it.I should hope he cut down your dose!

Collett--I'm glad the transfers will be easy, that's the part I like the least when I'm traveling.I'm always thinking something is going to go wrong and I'm going to miss the boat!Then I remind myself that there are always taxis if push comes to shove.

Mema--oh, yeah, door jambs, I do touch those a lot!

Collett--Pirates's night sounds very fun!Love reading about the eating places.I know I need to find Vista Café and/or Cove Café right away, gotta have my morning coffee!Hmm, maybe I'll indulge in Room Service coffee?At least one morning, right?

Dara--Hmm, you are notbig Disney fan?That's OK, you can be our designated pool side lounge saver and central clearing house keeping track of all of us in between drinks!Oh, wow, that cake is WONDERFUL!And I'll hold you to that b-day drink with an umbrella!What a wonderful baby step you got today!Pics and call is a start.

Mema--what a naughty nun!

OK, Xanax kicking in, going to take a nap.

Later, Ladies!

• ncollett
    edited February 2015

Oh my gosh NM your guardian angle was definately with you today! All I can say is Thank You Jesus for being with Kim today!

Dara dont worry about the dress code ok. I promise its not that bad. You dont have to dress up if you dont want to and the formal is only optional. You only do it if you want to. Its only one night, the other nights I promise you just wear a nice pair of jeans or shorts to dinner. We did and we were fine. They just done want tank tops and cut off shorts in the dining rooms thats all. Its all good. And you are gonna have so much fun you wont have time to get claustraphobic. Love you and I am so glad your DD called.

Sue I love the nun joke. I laughed and laughed. And I was wee wee in laughter. lol.

• dara_diverse
    edited February 2015

Oh my God, Kim, how scared you must have been as this was all happening. I found a link with multiple photos and a short video of the scene. Maybe you can locate your car in the pics? Do you have rental coverage on your auto insurance? I hope so. I would recommend that everyone have it, it is not much in premium to carry and has been well worth it for me in the past. Oh, thanks be to Jesus that you are alright. Do take it easy and you should probably make a doctor appointment to get checked out. I imagine you are hurting but so thankful that you were not seriously injured. I said a prayer for you and hope you do not find any injuries. Glad you had your xanax and are resting. Good Lord, thank you for sparing you. I will also pray for all affected, seems miraculous that no one was seriously injured based on the pics and description of the scene. Here is the link.

http://rt.com/usa/235491-maine-interstate-dozens-p...

Sue, that joke was fooking funny, thanks for sharing it.

Nancy, thanks for essplaining and understanding my position. I am a boring ass goil, I like to jest sit and partay, not run here and there. I know I am going to have a blast. When I went to vegas with the girls from the lounge, I could not drink on the long plane ride home nor could I drink for the next few days. I did so much drinking and stayed up all night every night. I am a nut like that. We met this young guy at the pool, I forget his named but we called him "the Bieb" after Justin Bieber. He kept me company at night once the other girls went to bed by 3am or so lol. I have to try to find the pic that I had someone take of me and the Bieb. He was a young cutie and a lot of fun. He was there alone. I think we loved me for mese willie lol.

My arm is sore after wheeling my Dad back to see my Mom. We do not let him walk as Mom's room is all the way in the back of the home and it is quite a walk for even healthy people. I had to stop at the store to buy some Puppy Chow for Lucy. I intended on buying a smaller bag but the store was out of stock so I bought a big ass bag. I did use my left arm to lift the dog food and had a clerk bring it out to my car. But I am feeling the pain. I have just a few percocets left and just took one. I was going to ask my surgeon for more on Monday when I got the stitches out but thought he would turn me down. I am now sorry I did not ask. I hate being so low, like to keep a stock pile of rx pain meds around for times like these.

ok, I talking rubbish so I bese quiet now. I will check back in after dinner.

cheers!

• ncollett
    edited February 2015

OMG those pictuers!!! NM that brings tears to my eyes. Please tell me you went to the ER. I am over over over this damn winter mess! Love you NM

• dara_diverse
    edited February 2015

Here is the photo I got today of baby David. Isn't he just adorable? I love his chunky cheeks. He has his mommy's big almond shaped eyes. I would give so much to hold him again. I guess it will happen in God's time, not mine.

NM, thinking of you.

Nancy, nice prayer for NM and the rest of the girls.

Peace out lady fwends. And don't foyget to dwink!! CHeeRS!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited February 2015

nm- so glad god was holding you in his hands today

cruise ladies-looking forward to it!

baby david is gorgeous

• dara_diverse
    edited February 2015

Fart is a word in the English language most commonly used in reference to flatulence. The word "fart" is often considered unsuitable in formal situations as it may be considered vulgar or offensive. Fart can be used as a noun or a verb.[1] The immediate roots are in the Middle English words ferten, feortan or farten, kin of the Old High German word ferzan. Cognates are found in old Norse, Slavic and also Greek and Sanskrit. The word "fart" has been incorporated into the colloquial and technical speech of a number of occupations, including computing.

~ jest wanted ta make sure ye all know about de word FART.

cheers!

• Orange73
    edited February 2015

yes guardian angels are wtching us all

job interview went really well

then they called me for april2 surgery day

I need to think

Lori my friend uses that mouthwash she says it does nothing she can barely eat with the sores in her mouth and she just found out her dad has in operable lung cancer, she is pretty much loosing it

hope u r feeling better Dara

I can work then do surgery and take the risk, or forget about this opp and go for surgery and pray this and another comes around

you all will have a blast on the cruise, I never even got to FL to see my parents

I guess this GP calls everyone to "help" the patient talked to th eoffice manager told her how she put my docs on high alert that I was having a breakdown and called docs I gave zero permission to PITA

• Orange73
    edited February 2015

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited February 2015

Nancy, nothing wrong with going cra cra with the Lysol. Better to be safe than sorry, especially when you already have stuff going on!

LDB, the only ones that are painful are the ones on my lips, and chest a little bit and those itch too. I do remember you seeing the derm and you had hella time when you did chemo too. LOL on the nuns!

Dorothy, facetime with DD? So so happy for you. OMG and getting the baby back (MAYBE) in just a short time. I will be praying for that! REMEMBER.....NO COMMENTS about SD, NONE! And keep your opinions to yourself. Call your doc and ask for more drugs, they can only tell you no. Look at that sweet baby. I've always thought he looked like your DD, especially in the eyes. Tanks for the fart lesson.

Lara, I'm sorry for your friend and her dad, so much to deal with, wow! I don't have any sores in my mouth, just inside my lips, thank goodness. I have heard that those sores can get so bad, that you can't eat and they have to put in a feeding tube. I am NOT going down that road. I will only tolerate so much! I would take the job, if you are offered it. The outcome is the same if you take it and they don't want you back because of surgery, or if you don't take it at all.

NM, we are so glad that you are ok. God was with everyone in that crash! I can't believe only minor injuries. Ugh, didn't you just put some $$$ into your car for repairs? Praying your pain is minimal this morning. As for the onc saying NO SE's, he meant with the new dose of 2/2, I was on 4/3. It says in the paperwork about the sun, and he reiterated that at my visit. And the weekend prior, I was out in the garden and DH and I went for a ride on the quad, so face and neck exposed. He said to use SPF 50. Guess it will be a pasty summer for mese.

I took some of my anti D pills yesterday morning, as I am still having that and cramps, they make me sleepy. So to bed I went at 9 until noon. Got up for a bit, ate half a bowl of soup, started a low grade fever and back to bed at 3, pretty much slept through to this morning. My pictures up there are kind of hard to see the sores, my lips are worse this morning, still have the D and cramps. My heiny hole is so sore!!!!

• ncollett
    edited February 2015

Lori Im sorry your having such a hard time with your SE. I know when I had bad D I put some A&D ointment on my hiney hole and it did help some. I also used baby wipes instead of toilet paper a little more gental. I have irritable bowel so when my gut acts up that is what I do. It seems to help me.

Lora I wish I could do something to help ease your pain too. Im so sorry you are going through all your struggles with pain and doctors. I will pray that something breaks through for you. I am with Lori I would take the job. There are laws out there that do protect people with disabilities and illnesses. At least they are supposed to.

Dara baby David is just so adorable! I am so glad you got face time with you DD. Im gonna keep praying it all works out for you. You cracked me up this am with your fart leason. Thank you for that.

NM how are you feeling today? I hope ok.

Cami how are you doing today?

Genny how is Nora and DH?

4Sew how are you doing? Did you call Kathy?

PRN how are you?

Julie and Memaw love you girls and anyone else I missed love you too check in later gotta go clean da house

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited February 2015

I'm so behind, I'm so sorry.

Lori I'm sorry u got that chemo, oh I feel so bad for u going thru this.

Welcome Rebecca, but sorry u'r here too. The real wine drinkers will tell u exactly how they feel. So I hope u come back and share this all with us. All o these ladies are so nice.

Oh my job is just answering phones, NO not a 900 number--but I'd probably make money then---and just email the message and file in the computer the info. It's for electrical and generator work--boring

• camillegal
    edited February 2015

OK I read some more

NM that accident was one of the worst I ever saw, I can't believe looking at those cars the people came thru OK. But u know u'll feel it today, so u have to take care and u know u'r body how it should feel--So no excuses.

Lori I hurt for u so much--I don't know anything about what u can do for u'r lips, but this may sound silly, but u can use the special wipes for u'r hiney and even desitin might help a little and baby powder--I hope u'r using Depends or Always, it's more soothing. And drink loads of electrolyte water stuff, now they have all kinds out there so it might help keeping u'r levels up. (((PRAYERS)))

Lara u'r friend is really going thru a lot, but u are too. Please take care of u'rself.

SusyQ we all needed a good laff and that was good.

Hey Julie.

Dara u'r baby is beautiful and so big now. Oh I know u can't wait for u'r arms around him--And listen to Lori--she knows what she's talking about. I want to thank u as a representative of all of us that u have enlightened our brains to the true meaning and the origin of u'r favorite word and action--THE FART--our fascination has always been on high alert with that word, but u have lifted the bar (literally) to the fact we can now use it as a noun --That fart is stinky, or a verb-To fart is relieving--Those are sentences for the example--this will remain with me always in many ways since farting is a plague I suffer with but to know it is in the dictionary now is a welcomed thought. Thank u

I have been playing with paperwork forever, but more intense these days, the government is so picky, Did u know u have to file taxes every year. Jeez it's only been 7 years for me, but I figured I hardly made enough money to live on let alone keep paying taxes --I've paid them over 40 yrs. WTF and my SS has already been taxed.

• goldie0827
    edited February 2015

Cami, I have heard you answer that phone, and you could DEFINATELY make some money! Between you and your pole dancing side kick, you's could become rich! I had a friend that did that phone bit, she did quite well actually!

Nancy, believe you me (what does that mean anyways) I am not WIPING, just patting, and very gently at that.

I managed to eat 3 poached eggs this morning and a piece of toast. At least a little protein. But every time I eat, my gut wrenches. Here is what my lower lip looks like this morning...

• MemaSue56
    edited February 2015

Morning DahhhLinks!

Thank sweet Jesus for keeping you safe NM.  Can you find many bruises on you bod?  I wud imagine u got knocked around pretty good.  Just rest as much as you can.

Dara - Baby David is sooooo fookin adorable.  Thanks for sharing.  Love the 'fart' definition.  Next they will put in Shart...for the wet ones...LOL.

O Lowee - that is a better pic, and your mouth looks extremely sore.  Glad you got some food down tho.  You have tooo many freckles to ever look pasty girl, you always look like u have a tan.  I've used the same rx that Nancy and Cami mentioned for da heiny hole.  Got my dh using it too when he needs it. 

Cami - LOL ...taxes.  I assume u being audited?  U don't have to file if u are expecting money back...at least that's the way it used to be.  The IRS gets irked if you Owe money and don't file.  ((Cami))

4 -where r u....this is last day to make ur down payment....please come tell us that u've done that.

Lara - still sending prayers your way. 

Gotta get ready to take taxes to St Geo for my ds.  Hi to everyone I've neglected.  Jes kno...

lubslubslubslubslubslubs all ya'll

• ncollett
    edited February 2015

Lori have you tried Marys Magic Potion for inside your mouth? When my aunt was goning through chemo and had sores in her mouth that is what they gave her and she said it helped her some. I think she had to gargle with it and swallow it. As for her lips we used to put Burts bee wax on her. I think that was the only thing that seemed to help her. I am sorry Lori

• goldie0827
    edited February 2015

I don't have any sores in my mouth, just on the lips. Been using lotion, coconut oil and I have some bag balm, maybe I'll try that.

• nativemainer
    edited February 2015

Good afternoon, Loungettes!Sorry not to get on this ayem, but I did not sleep well, got up with a horrendous headache, took some more xanax and some left over codeine and a whopping dose of tylenol, got a good few hours relaxation and sleep.Now the headache is gone, The rest of me does not want to move much but will if I speak to it sternly and move slowly.Got the insurance thing started, got the state police report done, got a ride coming tomorrow so I can get stuff out of the car and get a rental car.I keep hearing that WHAM and jolt when I got hit the first time and remembering the hits that came after that and wondering if it would ever stop.But it did, and I am ok.

Collett--God had a lot of Guardian Angels working yesterday.Many, many, many, and I'm so very glad He assigned one to me!

Dara--I was beyond scared, I was terrified.I believe I have rental coverage, since I depend on having a car to do my job I usually make a point of getting rental coverage.The emergency fund will cover until the rental coverage kicks in, that's what it's for.The only time I think I see my car is at the end of one video clip where a man walks up the back of a car pinned between an 18 wheeler and the guardrail, brushes the snow off the back window and looks in.I'm pretty sure that's my car, but not 100%.I'm trying to find that clip online so I had pause it and take a good hard look.OK, I just looked at that video.At the end, when you see the front of the 18 wheeler, a car smushed into it and a green sled stuck in the snow on the far left, that is the truck that pinned me, but I'm up behind the visible car, by the back wheels

Dara--sorry your arms is sore after wheeling your Dad, it's surprising how much energy a wheelchair can require!

Collett--No, I did not go to the ER.I am not hurt in the since of being truly injured and an not interested in another "Damned cancer patient always overreacting to nothing" or "taking advantage of the system for attention" lecture. Nor did I want to blow a whole day and into the night waiting around to get the attitude and then have to find a ride home. And before you go on about this morning's headache, it was a migraine brought on by the experience,I've had enough of those to recognize and deal with them.The biggest thing I need right now is long hot showers, and that is best done right here at home where I have my favorite soaps and scented candles and lotions.

Dara--Baby David is,indeed, ADORABLE!

Juliet--AMEN!

Dara--LOL!Fart is a technical term?In what technological area I wonder?

ORLA--Hooray for having a surgery date, and not that far away!Sounds like your doc's office needs a HIPPA refresher to me!

Goldie--Yes, I has just put some $$ in for repairs, but I own the car free and clear so I'm still ahead of the game. I've got more than 160,000 miles on the go -buggy and was putting in less than $1500 a year in maintenance, including tires, so I really can't be bothered by that.Make sure your Onc knows about the D, that is the dose limiting side effect of 5FU.I can just imagine how sore your heiny hole is!

Collett--I'm ok, just stiff and sore.Need to move a bit slowly until muscles get warmed up and stretched out.Hmm, probably should do some Yoga stretches today to help out with that.It's all muscle aches, like I did a really hard work out yesterday.

Cammy--I knew I'd hurt today, so didn't work, and won't be working tomorrow either.Tomorrow Mom and Dick will play chauffeur for me so I can get the work gear out of the car and pick up a rental.Then I can go clean my stuff out of my car, hopefully find my cell phone, and start getting some answers from the insurance company about how this is going to work.

Goldie--OUCH!Talk about toxic effects!

Mema--I am a confirmed seatbelt wearer, so I didn't get knocked around so much as I could have.I've got 2 bruises, left calf and just above my left knee.I've got a whole bunch of tiny scratches on my shoulders and upper back from broken safety glass, then a whole bunch more scratches just below the waist in back where a bunch of glass got caught in my panties.None big enough for a bandaid.Being a recliner lounger today.

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited February 2015

nm-Smilefor not being badly hurt,, but a pain in the rear to have to deal with the paperwork

lori-fluids and soft wipes,

dara-rest

lara-if its the same system as here, all your docs send a letter after they see you to your primary, as your primary are looking after your whole body while specialists look after pieces of you.!, if your panic attack was severe in the office then yes they had a duty to make sure you were mentally stable and weren't going to hurt yourself, unfortunatly you can thank the doctor shoppers and the prescription drug abusers for all the new regulations about pain meds. doctors do not want to run foul of the fda /fbi so edge on the side of caution, which doesn't help the people with chronic pain. who feel under suspicion

1 week to my disney trip but sinus still congested, so visiting employee health tomorrow, they thought the norovirus had run its course, but today lots of people in er with nausea,vomiting and diarhea, will give it 48hrs and see if i need to postpone my disney trip

• camillegal
    edited February 2015

NM what an ordeak or u and of course u'r sore, probably for a few days. I'm glad tho u are all right basically and good u have rental, I always had that too==Now like Julie said the paperwork, that a real PITA.

Julie make sure u really take care of u'r self, u wouldn't want to miss Mickey.

Oh Lori u'r poor lips I was going to suggest that Burt's Bee Wax too, it is supposed to really be good. And if u like yogurt remember Dannon's greek one has 15 grams of protein==which u really need now==I hope u like it cuz that slides right down--But John Stamos doesn't come with that one. 
    (((BIG HUGS)))

Joey has tomorrow off so I'm happy, Les is at school right now so she's getting there slowly.  We did have more snow today and I didn't even notice 6 in.--my head is turned backwards and it's supposed to get super cold tonite. Oh well--it won't snow tomorrow so the streets will be good. I have to go out tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a good nite's rest. xoxoxoxoxoxox

• dara_diverse
    edited February 2015

Hi girls!

Julie, same goes to you, rest up so you can see Mickey.

NM, I hope the horror of everything leaves you quickly. I was once in a multi vehicle accident in the snow, was hit three times after being spun. I remember the true horror. I was dating my first husband at the time and we got caught off guard in a snow squaw. It was nothing like the wreckage involved in your accident but was still terrorizing to me. I hope you get to feeling better. Glad you are taking the time off work to get things in order and allow your body to heal from the shock of the collisions.

Lori, you poor dear, hate that you are going through so much. My personal recommondation for the butt hole is Preparation H. One does not need to have piles to get the benefit. when I had IBS, I would use it all the time and found it better than A&D ointment but similar. they both have the same emollient ingredient I tink. Good suggestions for your girls here. Feel better, k?

Lora, I feel just terrible for what you are dealing with, hope things look up for you soon.

Nancy, hope you feel better too. Geez, so many of us with ailments these days, sucks. we have got to get all loungettes back to feeling well.

Suz, I expect that it won't be long before shart is in the webster dictionary lol. Glad to see you pop in. HOpe the taxes are all done and ready. YOu need to take a break from it all and jest dwink!

Cam, nice that Joey was off school. Be safe while traveling when you venture out tomorrow. Nice to see you in de lounge goilfriend. I miss you when you are not around.

Did anyone get a hold of Lynne? I sure hope so. I would imagine they would still book her after tomorrow. But she may not get to be in the line of rooms near ours if booking later is mese guess.

Well I gotta git to bed. thanks all for the kind words on David and my DD. I talked to mese shrink about things today and am feeling better.

Have a great weekend goils. I am looking forward to my cousin coming back for the weekend, weather permitting!

cheers!

• nativemainer
    edited February 2015

Good morning, Loungettes!Physically,I feel much better this ayem.Sore in spots, no where near as stiff.Thank YOU, God, that I was hit from directly behind, the very best direction for a hit of that speed/momentum.Got a contact to get a discount on a rental car.Mom and Dick picking me up later this ayem to do the initial running arounduntil I get the rental.Will be able to go to work as usual on Monday.I almost think the worst thing was the migraine I woke up with yesterday, but I got that taken care of, so onward and upward now.

Julie--The paperwork will be inconvenient, but just inconvenient.Finding a new car will be inconvenient and slightly annoying since I do not like doing that, but since I'm a grown woman I can handle.I could be in the hospital.I could be in such worse shape than I am!So sorry to hear about your sinus problems, and the GI stuff.NOT fun!Get better quick!

Cammy--Yeah the paperwork will be annoying and inconvenient, but I keep telling myself that it's going to be a lot easier this way than in a hospital.And I feel surprisingly unstiff and unsore this morning.Be careful going out tomorrow, it doesn't take much snow to create chaos.

Dara--The part that is still with me is see the car in the rear-view mirror, knowing they couldn't stop, and then the WHAM and the impact.And the next hard impact.The impacts after that were jolting but not as hard, but so terrifying to be so totally out of control, not knowing what direction the next impact was coming from. But now I am looking forward to getting back to work on Monday, I need some normal in my life.

Princess Glitter Sizzles's DOTD:

Car Crash

1 oz Southern Comfort

1 oz Amaretto

7 oz Orange Juice

1 dash Grenadine

7 oz Sweet and Sour Mix

Best served in a Collins Glass.

Directions

Pour the Southern Comfort and amaretto almond liqueur into a collins glass over 1 or2 ice cubes. Fill the glass with 1/2 sweet and sour mix and 1/2 orange juice. Top with grenadine, and serve.