Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited January 2016

Nick and I are driving down on Saturday and going to find something fun to do. Plus we have the new(to us) convertible and have never had it on a road trip!! He will drive back on Sunday and I will meet up wif de goils! Then I am catching a cheap, late flight back on Friday. That's what was in the budget! I would love to stay over, but my neighbor made it through the back surgery and is in a sub-acute rehab. I am working on visitors for him while I am away but I will need to get back to the grind too soon!

You and your daughter are boo-tea-full! Hope you have a good week off de FU!

If Cami makes it to Denver to meet up with Chevy Colorado will never be the same!! Sounds like an awesome partay!!

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    edited January 2016

OHHHH I have to wait until Monday for more? It's not like you've been talking and talking about this or anything. (I'm glad, and only a little bit jealous, that you're going.)

(waves hello to everyone) Busy IRL, but stopping in now that things are a bit calmer.

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753
    edited January 2016

I know right queen, I wish myself that Monday was already here. I went on a Disney cruise same time last year but different ship for 7 days and we went to ST Thomas, San Jaun Peurto Rico and Castawy Cay and it was the best time I've had in a long time. We were on the Disney Fantasy. They have the best shows every night and since we have late seating for dinner we will be seated for the early shows which are right before dinner. Then we can hit the many awesome bars they have after dinner. Oh and of course don't forget there will be all kinds of characters on board that we will just have to get our pictures with. Right Julie?

I'm doing the garden thing and kayak thing with you 4 should be fun!

Denver sounds like a blast! Maybe in the Spring or Summer though. ☃😜😎 yes I'm a wuss when it comes to the cold and snow Hate it!

Cami you crack me up! I bet your doctor did fall backwards when you told him your brother had ISSIS. LOL 😂😳

Finishing up my packing etc.. Have Jackson boy today.

Love you all

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited January 2016

Hi ladies- busy working away but wanted to check in. Sounds like several of you like the Denver idea. I was up to Denver last summer for the first time in a LONG time, despite being next door in NM. I had some business up there and was amazed how the city is growing in leaps and bounds. All that POT money from the taxes. And if I go up a day early and do some business meetings, I can write the whole trip off. LOL!

I recommend June as a great month to go. I have been up to CO twice in the past couple years in June, once for the Aspen Jazz Festival (that would be fun too) and again last summer. Warmer, so green, still a bit of snow on the Rockies.

We could stay somewhere with spa because Cami would have to have that! And yes, we could invite Chevy too (for those of you who know her). Par-tay girlfriends.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2016

OMG I never even thought about stopping at ports and things like that. How do u kayak on a boat and snorkel, u gals are really confusing me, all the things u can do and shows too. NM see it's going to come in handy taking off after too, u'll be exhausted.

Oh I got $150.00 taken out of my SS today, of course I called and it is for Medicare Part B, they changed the law for part A so they just tagged part B for 10 times more. Jeez I get crap now, Now I get crap minus 150.00.

4 U'r so busy, glad u can take time out for just u, u really need it.

Nancy I'm glad u have Jackson now, u've got a good week going on for u.

Oh my phone

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited January 2016

Hi girls,

Gotta make this quick as I am still working (from home) and trying to get eberyting done before I leave...that is IF I get to leave. OMG<, they are predicting a major blizzard in this area starting on Friday night and snow all day Saturday. I will be soooo peesed off if I can't fly out on Sunday as planned. Say a prayer to the weather Gods that this thing is just another hoax or sumting.

My Dad us out of the hospital but not doing too well. More prayers will be appreciated. It hurts so bad to see him so frail.

Hugs and lots of love and lots of ...

CHEERS!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited January 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Got tons done yesterday, my kitchen looks like a kitchen again!Tackling the living room and bedroom today My pirate costume came yesterday, hooray for Amazon Prime!It was an experience hanging out laundry, though. You know it's cold when the towels start to freeze before you get them hung up!Still need to get some sunscreen and a couple other things to pack and to get the packing organized. Such fun!

Goldie--we do talk about the dingiest things here, don't we?Glad repeated DOTDs aren't a problem!Don't blame you for not wanting to live with major SE like the big D. Hope the dose adjustment works.

Cammy--I still wish you were coming with us, but I know you will be with us in spirit. And we will post pics!Frozen pipe, yuck!Major hassle!Why would the doc's office cancel an appointment if you hadn't seen the doc?Isn't seeing the doc the reason for the appointment in the first place?Saying ISIS instead of sepsis sounds logical to me!Your doc's reaction is kinda funny.

4--I'm curling up with Sadie rather than a Tender, but staying warm anyway!I'll get plenty of Tender Time in a few days. Sounds like water won't be a problem this trip, seems to be pretty easily available. That's a good thing!Glad your neighbor is doing well.

Queen--sorry to keep you hanging!I'll try to get some Disney pics on this weekend.

Collett--Shows, I forgot about the shows! I love a good show and I bet the Disney ones are great. Have fun with Jackson!

Jazzy--a Denver trip sounds like a blast!

Cammy--The snorkeling and kayaking and such are shore excursions when the ship is in port .I like the excursions sometimes, you get off the ship and get picked up and taken somewhere fun and brought back, so no worries. UT, you don't ever have to get off the ship on a cruise. One day we are at Castaway Cay, a private island just for Disney cruisers, where I plan to do lots of lying about in the sun, or floating about in the water and maybe a little snorkeling .I hear there are hidden Mickey's to find in the snorkeling area. So not fair to have so much taken out of SS for Medicare after paying into that system all your working life already. Just not right.

Dara--Praying for your Dad, and for safe and timely travels for you.

Princess Aria Karia of Peru's DOTD:

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited January 2016

finally now i'm on vacation, got to go to pt this morning then need to clean my car out and pack my suit cases and the dust will still be here when i get back just a bit thicker,

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited January 2016

Jazzy, we too have been to CO a few times. Silverton train trip, camping/quad riding and Denver. Being able to write a trip off is always a plus and we do that whenever we can.

Cami, are you not pleased with Medicare? I think I will be eligible in a few months. And just not sure what to do about it. You are funny, thinking that the girls are kayaking and snorkeling on the ship. But I see NM explained. Silly Wabbit, TRIX are for kids. (not sure where that came from)

Wacko, I SAW THE WEATHER forecast this morning. What horrible timing. Shame on you Mother Nature. I am so sorry to hear about your dad, but glad that he isn't still living with you. Praying that he is able to get better.

DW (Julie), so true on the dust being thicker. And even if you do clean it, it COMES BACK! Y'all set sail on Monday?

NM, I will get it under control (FU pills) until it comes time to change to another treatment. I think my onc will have me try Ibrance. But it is known to reduce red blood cells, and many gals need to go in for blood transfusions. I'm looking into getting me some Willie oil. I've tried many things that have been suggested to me, with no avail. And I get tired of hearing people tell me what I need to do, and what I need to take. Ay yi yi!

• jazzygirl
    edited January 2016

Good morning- getting some business things taken care of this am before I go to my busy day. I am going to have some wine tonight friends, and know you want to know about that!

I definitely suggest doing the excursions offered on cruises. I have done them a couple times, once in the Carribean and once in the Mediterranean. I love snorkling and did that twice on my last cruise, once off the coast of St Barths and another off a private island called Half Moon Cay. The nice thing is that they usually offer different things depending on what you like to do. Walking tours, shopping excursions, etc.

I hope for those of you traveling you can get to pick up your cruise okay. I am hearing this morning about the big snow coming to the midwest and NE.

Have a good day all! Denver here we come in 2017!

• 4sewwhat
    edited January 2016

Good Morning Goyles!

I'm off and running but wanted to pop in and say howdy. Dara--sending prayers your dad's way too!

Gotta pack! but heading to Costco to stock the pantry and get TP!! and COFFEE, they have the best Don Pablo's coffee!! and I need coffee. Madonna started at 10:45 and went to 1:15 just because she could. And then she was underwhelming :0( Because she started so late many people had to leave to catch the public transit before they stopped for the night. It was fun, but wouldn't do it again.

Counting down the hours....................................

Good Day to all!!!

• goldie0827
    edited January 2016

4, that was on the news about how late she started. So not fare to her fans!

Ok, for those that want to see the video, of when my DD arrived, let me know here and I will send it to you in a private message. Don't want to put it here in a public forum. The sound is a bit low, so you have to listen carefully. A little bit of bad langwhich. I dropped the F bomb once or twice!!!

• juliet62
    edited January 2016

dorty -parents getting old and frail is so @#$%

safe travels people

cammi-water leaks not fun and i know i'm getting frustrated with how the goverment is spending our money ,between welfare,disability and social security those who need it and and those who know how to milk the system the gap is getting wider all the time

lori- wish long term treatment had no side effects but long term good health

4 ,madonna must admit all i know about her these days is the custody battle over the 15 year old boy who prefer living with dad, but thats a late start to a concert was she drunk this time?

jazzy denver sounds good

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited January 2016

Just pooping for a second, got sooo much yet to do. Onco visit was a bust. Platelets tooo low. They say nothing I can take will remedy it. From now on, will get blood work done here the day b4 appointment, then I'll know if I can get my treatment the next day. Jeeezzz, waste of gas and my time.

Prayers to Dork for her Dad and for good weather.

Lubs to all!

• jazzygirl
    edited January 2016

Dara- I forgot to say I hope your dad is doing better. You are a good DD to be there to visit and be sure he is well cared for.

Mema- so what is the story with the platelets? Maintenance chemo? I had a friend whom I was helping during her endometrial cancer treatment early last year. Her counts REALLY tanked after her 4th treatment, especially platelets. She almost did not finish chemo and told her she needed to talk to her MO before she made that decision. Her MO was out of town and could tell my friend was frustrated. MO came back and said to wait a few more weeks before they finished. She got through the rest of chemo. I know the chemo really tanks the blood work. Hugs sister, wishing you better days!

• juliet62
    edited January 2016

just finished packing! not saying how many bags but 2 suitcases 1 for the cruise and 1 for disney, dishwasher on so disposables from now on in, last load of washing ,currently eating sushi from publix and thinking about some cider

they have drugs that can boost hemaglobin and the wbc's but the only thing that can boost platelets is a transfusion and they have dramatically cut any kind of blood product transfusion ,they use to transfuse for hemaglobin below 9 now its 7 unless active bleeding and i mean you must be leaking blood out one end or other and your vital signs must be showing you are in distress from it! we use to give 2 units routinely now its 1

• camillegal
    edited January 2016

SusyQ How are u getting any energy, u are something else, to bad u didn't get the blood work done first, but when u get back just go do it. I know u'll have a great time. Just don't push so much for once. And really relax.

Lori I have to get on FB to see u'r video, I just haven't been on for a while. And U use the F word Wow I would have never thunk. (right)

Oh everyone has so much excitement going on here and it's really closing in on the date. Yahoo for all of u going.

Well my kids brought back my 24 hr pee test, I guess I didn't put the lid on right, I didn't flunk tho they said they had enough, I thought I ut it on fine anyway it'll be fine so all this fuss for nothing. Good thing it was a heavy plastic bag. LOL

OK I'll get back to my day, Joey just got home and that's the real start of my day sometimes, altho I'm busier with work cuz of the cold and furnaces.

I LUBS U ALL

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited January 2016

Oh girls.... I'm so darn worried about this storm!! I'm going to get there fine I think, my flight out of Baltimore is 10ayem tomorrow but they say it's closing at 4pyem along with a whole slew of other airports. Dara coming thru Philadelphia, gonna get slammed on Saturday. Sunday going to be ok but flights may be backed up...WTF?!!! Oh I hope everybody can get there!

• nativemainer
    edited January 2016

Good evening, Loungettes!Didn't get quite so much done today, but what's left won't take long.Going to pack this evening, make a list of anything I need to get, tomorrow is run around day, dropping off Sadie, visiting my folks, picking upprescriptions, etc, etc.I am so not going to sleep tonight!Probably have to hit the Dr. McGillicudy's to relax.

Juliet--Happy vacay!I hear you about the dust.

Goldie--it is annoying how so many people know so much better than everyone else what to do, isn't it?

Jazzy--that big storm is looking to miss northern New England, good for me flying out of Maine and changing in New York.I'm worried for some of the others, though.Praying hard that it doesn't upset the proverbial apple cart.

4--TP and coffee are important items!That was one late concert.

Mema--I'm surprised your center doesn't have you check your levels the day before routinely.It costs them to have the drugs all mixed up and ready to go and then not use them.Luv to you, too!

Juliet--things sure have changed, haven't they?24 hour pee collection is not fun, I've done that a couple of times.It's the lugging around that's a pain, that 's for sure.

Genny--I'm praying the flights all work out for everyone, very hard!

Princess Aria Karia's drink of the evening:

• jazzygirl
    edited January 2016

I don't know how to tell you this ladies. I got CARDED tonight. That is right, a young waiter at happy hour asked me for my ID. I said "omg, you have got to be kidding". I am 55 ladies! Then I said "oh I get it, you have to card everyone" and he said "no not everyone." Well, I cannot tell you how fun that made the rest of the evening. Oh and he got a nice tip too, LOL!

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited January 2016

Cami, no need to feel embarrassed. ISIS, sepsis--both are scary and deadly.

I turn 65 this Saturday--we’re going to dinner at Tru, and if we have to wait for our table I hope Bob or Gordy slip the bartender something so (s)he cards me! It seems like overnight we go from “Miss, can I see some ID for that 6-pack?” and “Ma’am, do you mind hitting that key on the cash register that says ‘alcohol?”

When I was still living in Brooklyn, it was legal to drink at 18. Bob & I got married 3 wks after college graduation when I was 20, and moved immediately to Seattle, where we had a mini-honeymoon till our student housing apt. was ready and he started grad. school. Our first night there, we were waiting for our table in the bar of a steakhouse, We ordered a couple glasses of wine, and they carded us. “Sorry, miss, you’re underage.” Whaddaya mean, underage?--flashed him my brand-new wedding ring. (So naive I though that if you’d been drinking legally for a couple of years in another state, there was reciprocity). Bartender said, “sorry, you have to be 21 to drink in Washington State.” “OK,” I said, “I’ll have a Coke.” The bartender said, “I don’t think you understand--you have to be 21 to even sit here.” I replied we were on our honeymoon, and he replied, “too bad--your husband can drink but you’ll have to wait outside until your table is ready.” We walked out and went to Pizza Haven. My 21st finally arrived, and we had reservations in the rotating restaurant atop the Space Needle. I ordered every course I could that had booze in it--marinated fruit cup, steak Diane, cherries jubilee, and champagne. All set to whip out my driver’s license to prove it was my 21st birthday--but they didn’t card me. So we went to Farrell’s that night, where you had to prove it was your birthday to get the free sundae and serenade. Because it was my 21st, they brought out root beer in a beer mug. (No liquor license). Finally, on to IHOP for the 21 free silver dollar pancakes they were giving for people turning 21.

Last night I cracked open a Mumm’s Napa Brut Rose Reserve. Tonight I decided to try out the Coravin on a really good bottle of Cabernet to go with the grass-fed ribeye I grilled for dinner. It was a Signorello estate-bottled 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon. WOW! It made that bottle of Bordeaux “Superieur” (more like Ordinaire) taste like underripe grape juice--so I’ll use the rest of that for sangria or glogg.

Chicago-area ladies, heads up: Restaurant Week started tonight and runs through Feb 4!

• ncollett
    edited January 2016

Hello everyone! Just finishing up packing, got groceries for mes hubby and wrote down all our information for him. I'm with the rest of you I hope everyone makes their flights ok. Stupid Winter storms. Indy is not expecting anything until Monday and Tuesday and I won't be here then so I should be ok since I have a direct flight to Orlando Sunday. Hopefully...

Dara I'm glad your dads home. I'm parlaying for safe travels for you with no delays. Keep us posted and see you soon.

Jazz Would you be willing to start researching Denver or the Colorado area for next year so we could plan for next year? It will take me that long to save up lol. I've been to Denver a couple of times and Breckenridge and Aspen once. Beautiful areas.My husband has never been so I would bring him with on this one.

NM you will love the shows on board they are awesome! My DH is not a huge Disney fan and he LOVED the Disney cruise and the shows. He wishes he was coming with but I told him not this time. It's a girls trip this time lol.Be safe and see you Sunday.

Cami On board the ship they have this big water slide though that kinda goes over the ocean. It's pretty cool.They also have a huge movie screen outside so you can sit out on the pool deck on watch Disney movies under the stars. It's so cool. I'll post pictures below for you.

Mary,Julie and Sue and 4 be safe traveling and I will see you all Sunday

• camillegal
    edited January 2016

OOh I lost my post, damn but I did say Jazzy u'r a bitch, I hae never been carded in my life, u lucky duck.

And Lori I loved u'r video and the expression on u'r face u are so beautiful even when mystified .

Oh Sandy I really don't ever get embarrssed one time (one of many many) I told the Dr. I thought I had necrophilia, I meant narcolepsy. Are u going to an of the Chicago things. I just wrote a whole sentence to u and it disappeared WTF

I talked to my cuz (Joanne) tonite and told her my confusion with the /dr.s office and he apoligized cuz his note was never seen, When he saw me it was in ICU and saw my DDs crying and really thought he'd never see me again,,She LOLed so hard see that's my wicked family.

I just hope the storm isn't what they say sometimes it's not.

I LUBS U ALL

• ncollett
    edited January 2016

This is the kyacking part of the excision that 4 and I will be doing on CastawY Cay

This is the Aqua Duck or Water slide on board the ship

The big movie screen with movies showing all day and most the night

The Pirate Party Arrh Mate

This is one of the Champagne bars called Pink and it smells like champagne when you walk in.

Part of the drink menu

The bar longe hall. You have to be 21 to go down this hall

The drinks at Castaway Cay

The drink bar on the pool deck. This is FREE 24hrs cups by the bar but you can also bring your own mugs or cups. I'm bringing my own Teva mug.

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited January 2016

Waiting to board, some flights cancelled but not mine, going to get in and out of Baltimore before it hits! Woohoo, Florida, here I come!!

• nativemainer
    edited January 2016

Good morning, Loungettes! Too excited to sleep in this ayem, so Sadie and I are up and on the computer and counting down till time to check in with Delta online, then heading out to run a bunch of errands and drop Sadie off a thePresidential Suite for her vacay.I don't normally pack big for anything, but I've got a suitcase, a carry-on and a daypack going with me.The carry-on/daypack are a zip together/zip apart unit, very handy for lots of things.Sadie knows something is up, she's been right underfoot all day yesterday and this morning.Well, looks like Maine is only going to get some clouds from the big storm, so if New York stays clear of the worst of it I should be good to go tomorrow.Still praying, though, since I know how these things can change.

Jazzy--you got carded?Wow, what a compliment!Good for you!

Chi-When I turned 18 that was the legal drinking age in Maine.A few months later Maine changed the drinking age to 21.I think I could drink legally for about 6 months before going back to being underage.Sounds like your 21st birthday party was quite the event!

Collett--I saw a pic of that waterslide on the Disney site, it looks scary to me!Not sure I'll have the nerve to try that, but we'll see.That must be where we got the idea for the HUGE TV next to the HTL pool!What a way to watch a movie!I am so glad my Pirate Maiden costume came in time.A champagne bar?I MUST check that out!I want one of each drink!Hmmm, maybe I should look for a drink mug to take with me.Nah, I'll buy a souvenir mug on board, it'll cost me but it'll be fun!

Genny--So glad you are getting out before the snow!See you soon!

Princess Aria Karia of Peru's DOTD:

• jazzygirl
    edited January 2016

Ncolette- sure I can look into some places for us. I have a friend/colleague who lives in Denver and may consult her. She has a pulse on the city and will ask her what she suggests. Denver is so huge now that I was thinking we should see about a hotel downtown so we have access to things (vs. having to drive all over). Not that we can't go other places, but it might be nice for dining out options, etc. Some great eats there too. Will see what I can find out.

Genny- whoo hoo, you are getting out of snowland and heading to paradise! Safe travels.

Cami- I thought two things about getting carded a) the lighting in there must have great and/or 2) the young man was looking for a good tip (and he got one, although more for excellent service for my friend and I!) Your turn to be carded is next!

ChiSandy- wishing you a must excellent birthday tomorrow!

Off to start my six month follow up ladies. Got a series of apts between this friday to next. Will let you know how I a doing after it is all finished!

• goldie0827
    edited January 2016

Thanks Julie, I wish for long term good health too! LOL on the disposables.

Well crappy apples Sue. I guess it's the treatment that is causing those low counts? Sawry for the unnecessary trip.

Oh my Cami, the lid was not on right and you did not flunk the pee test. YAY YOU! Please do watch that video. If you can't find it, let me know. Ok, I see that you saw it.

NM, good luck today on all of your last minute schtuff.

Jazzy WOWSA, you look younger than 21. Too funny.

Funny stories Sandy about being carded.

Nancy, I would LOVE the pool slide!

WOO HOOOOO, Mary is on her way!

NM, poor Sadie. But I'm sure she will be fine. Dogs are smart, aren't they?

Town day today and seeing another movie. Dirty Grandpa, or something like that. Date Day as DH calls it. Praying that everyone makes it to FL!!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited January 2016

CHIT CHIT CHIT my dining room ceiling is leaking and about to cave in AGAIN and everything is wet. This is gonna delay my packing :0(

Hoping everyone catches their flights. Safe Travels girls! And hope those attending virtually have a great weekend!

Gotta run..................................

LUBS and HUGZ

• nativemainer
    edited January 2016

Good afternoon, Loungettes!

Let the fun begin.My flights tomorrow have been cancelled.Working on rebooking.

Going to need much adult beverage tonight, I think!