Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• heidi s
    heidi s Member Posts: 398
    edited January 2016

New cocktail:

ABOUT THE SPICY GRAND MARGARITA COCKTAIL

Red pepper and chile pepper powder make this Margarita almost too hot to handle.

INGREDIENTS IN THE THE SPICY GRAND MARGARITA COCKTAIL

Salt

.5 oz

Simple syrup or agave nectar

.25 tsp

Red pepper flakes

1 pinch

Chipotle chile powder

1.75 oz

Reposado tequila

.5 oz

Grand Marnier

.75 oz

Fresh lime juice

Garnish: 1 Jalapeño or red chile pepperGlass:

Rocks

HOW TO MAKE THE SPICY GRAND MARGARITA COCKTAIL

Coat the rim of a rocks glass with salt, fill with ice and set aside.

In a shaker, muddle the agave nectar or simple syrup, red pepper flakes and chile powder.

Add the remaining ingredients, fill with ice and shake vigorously.

Strain through a tea strainer into the prepared glass.

Garnish with a jalapeño or red chile pepper

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited January 2016

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited January 2016

Wow a rotating picture show! I like it!

Goldie- St John is beautiful. I just talked to a friend who is going there later this year. I went there around 1980 when I was in college with my boyfriend at the time. My first ever place "tropical". We also spent time in St Thomas and my cruise took me there a couple years ago for a return visit. What a lovely spot to work and enjoy life. Hope you can get there soon!

• goldie0827
    edited January 2016

Jazzy, have your friend go to Sundog Café and ask for Jennifer! If you Google it, you will see it has great reviews. My daughter works mostly days. It's more her second job, as she makes more at the Villas.

• jazzygirl
    edited January 2016

Goldie- will do. She works in the healthcare software sales and expect her in town soon and will tell her!

• goldie0827
    edited January 2016

Well, looks like the girls don't have internet and maybe not even cell service. All understandable! I'm sure they are having a blast!

Hsant, you are forgiven! I see some to kill ya in there, but will pass on the jalapeño. My tummy can't handle spicy stuff, nor do I like it.

Started my FU pills on Monday and had the big D by Tuesday. Made some ginger, turmeric tea. It sure tasted horrible, but it worked! I put honey in it too and lemons. Cami, I wonder if it would help you? Like I said, it tasted horrible. It was the turmeric that made it taste awful and I only used a 1/4 tsp.

Hmmmmm......have to go and see what the Tenders are serving up for our DOTD.

• goldie0827
    edited January 2016

Tropical Life Saver

Ingredients:

• 1/2 oz Bacardi Select Rum
    • 1/2 oz Bacardi Light Rum
    • 1/4 oz Vodka
    • 1/4 oz Banana Liqueur
    • 1/4 oz Coconut Cream
    • 1 1/2 oz Pineapple Juice
    • 1 1/2 oz Orange Juice
    • Grenadine

Directions:

• Blend all ingredients together. Pour over ice. Garnish with an orange slice and cherry.

• heidi s
    edited January 2016

Goldie, yeah, spicy anything and the "D" are not compatible. I'm glad that the tea helped, and hope you are feeling good

Your DOTD looks delish!

• goldie0827
    edited January 2016

Hsant, I'm not much for spicy stuff period! Hey, I see you! Always nice to put a face to the loungette! Are you on a plane?

• heidi s
    edited January 2016

Goldie, yep, that's our eight seat jet. Airports and lines can get so tedious, ya know? Just kidding. I'm in a car.

I'm not a fan of spicy either, except for a slightly spicy Bloody Mary

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2016

Oh ladies--I still don't have my puter, but I hacking along on this, It;s windows 8 nd I'm confsed and limtd in time and the keys are smller--oh chit anway

I wondered if te goils would have wifi on the ship, but u;d think nowadys they wud. I miss u gals so much and I honestly think most in the middle of the nite, well hopefully b this weekend I'll have my puter up and working.

Oh Lor I never tried tumeric, have tried ginger, licorice and more, but now I;ll go for the tumeric, I;m sorry u have this horrble D, I've had it for 2 days now and it jst wekens u so, nd u'r such a lttle thing have to feel worse-I hte so much what u;r going thru,

Hsnt u'r so cute, u'r private plane, LOL, and no likker????

Jazzy I've hardly ever heard of the "Islands" til Lor started talking about them, so it got excted ll over again so I love to hear about them.

Oh I thought I'd see all kinds of pic. but te revolving pics are something I've never seen before, oh u;r so mrt with new things.

OK I'll check back ASAP Lor stay home and I hope u'r buying Depends,

• heidi s
    edited January 2016

dust the chocolate martini with cocoa powder

Extreme Chocolate Martini

• 1 1/2 oz. Godiva chocolate liqueur
    • 2 1/2 oz. Crème de cacao
    • 1 oz. Vodka
    • 1 oz. Half and half
    • Chocolate sauce
    • Cocoa powder

Instructions

Glass type: Cocktail

Prepare your glass: drizzle in your chocolate sauce. Next, add all of your boozes along with the half and half to your shaker. Add ice. Shake like a chooclate-deprived person. Strain into your prepared glass. Dust with cocoa powder. Drink up and enjoy the extreme chocolate flavor!

- See more at: http://drinkwire.liquor.com/post/extreme-chocolate-martini#gs.Lecae8w
  • jazzygirl
    edited January 2016

Went to the BS today for 6 month follow up. I walk in and they said "oh we called you to reschedule." I said "no you called YESTERDAY to confirm the apt, no one called today to reschedule." Well they left the message at home. Because it is so likely we are all sitting around at home waiting for that call. I rescheduled for February. You can't fix stupid folks.

Cami- what do you want to know about da Islands? I am going on a yoga retreat tomorrow for the weekend but will tell you more next week. You want to know where I have been, which ones I liked the best, my story about the hot swedish man I met one time? Let me know, I have stories to tell!

• heidi s
    edited January 2016

Cami, I'm using an IPad, and I have a difficult time adding attachments to this site. I thought the same thing with respect to wifi on a cruise ship. Ya would think with all the technology you would be able to connect to the Internet.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited January 2016

we're back :0(

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited January 2016

• goldie0827
    edited January 2016

Whoooo Hooooooo....the girls are back! LOVE the group picture!!!!

Again, for Cami from Left to right...Nancy, Sue, Lynne, Mary, Kim, Dorothy and Julie

Disney Whore 2 (I mean Nancy)

Lil Doity Butt (I mean Sue)

Lynne

Mary (aka Genny)

NM

Wacko ( I mean Dorothy)

Disney Whore 1 (I mean Julie)

• goldie0827
    edited January 2016

Cami, for the drink/tea I had ginger, lemon, honey and turmeric. I drank it hot, and the turmeric is horrible. But I choked it down. The ginger, we grated it, then boiled it and squeezed through cheese cloth. I think I put some green tea in it too! I only had D that one day. I am on day 5 and no D yet. But I'm prepared. I have yogurt with active cultures, cottage cheese, bananas and Imodium AD!

I think they might have had wifi on the boat.....for a hefty charge!

Hsant, we have an 8 seater jet too. It's kept at the local small airport. But when I say "we" I mean everyone in our county!!!! Can you post the picture here, so we can see a larger version?

• heidi s
    edited January 2016

Fantastic pics!! You lovely ladies look like you had a ball!

Jazzy, I think the schedulers at some doctors office just get lazy and/or don't care, and have no regard for someone's time.

Goldie, did you see where I wrote just kidding? I'm in a car. How nice that you have access to a private plane!

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited January 2016

Hi Ladies,

Its been forever...I loved the pictures from your cruise.

xoxo

Cyndielou

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited January 2016

fabulous time .no pics until next week at disney til Sunday then work Monday through Wednesday.no lunch buffet now

Feel better Lori and cammi

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited January 2016

Hi my goils! We sure had fun it went by waaay too fast. I am sitting at Orlando airport jest killing time until my flight. I have a jack n Coke, a double, and it is yummy. I have to wander around and find something to eat and get anudder dwinky. Anywa, really loved meeting the girls and seeing Sue again. I am sure others will post more pics, I took very few.

Cyndie, wonderful to see you, miss your face love.

Well time t take a walk to the next drink stop. My fu~#%ng hip is on fire, it hurts so bad, it always flares up when I am away from home.

Talk to you lovelies later!

CHEeRS!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited January 2016

good morning ladies off to animal kingdom today

Everybody have a fabulous day

• goldie0827
    edited January 2016

Still quiet up in here!

Glad everyone had a good time, of course you did!

Wacko, I'm so sawry about your hip, I hope Jack is helping and that you made it home safely.

Is everyone home now, except Julie. But hey, she lives there!

Lucy, good to see you girl. Wish you would hang out with us more. Oh this is CyndieLou everyone. I seem to have nick names for a lot my goils.

Worked outside most of the day yesterday. Cutting back things in my garden and cleaning out the Black Smith shop, which is pretty much used for storage and cleaned our HUGE grill. My feet felt like I was walking on sand paper, part of the hand/foot syndrome that comes with the FU pills. Supposed to be nice again today, but WINDY. Then cold and WINDY starting Monday for a few days and maybe some snow.

DOTD

Table 100, Flowood, MS

Inspired by local breast cancer survivor Sherry Pierce Hartfield, this colorful vodka, rum, pineapple juice, and grenadine mix has raised more than $2,500 for the American Cancer Society.
1 1/2 oz X Rated Fusion liqueur
3/4 oz Malibu coconut rum
1/2 oz grenadine
2 oz pineapple juice
2 maraschino cherries, stems removed, for garnish
In a mixing tin, combine ingredients with ice and vigorously shake. Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with cherries.
Recipe created by Tiffanie Ransom, bar chef.

The Pink TaTa

1 1/2 oz X Rated Fusion Liqueur

3/4 oz Malibu Coconut Rum

1/2 oz Grenadine

2 oz Pineapple Juice

2 Maraschino Cherries for garnish

In a mixing tin, combine ingredients with and vigorously shake. Strain into a chilled Martini glass and garnish with cherries.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited January 2016

Safely home, although not without some excitement. Flight out of Orlando was delayed by circuit breaker that wouldn't reset, they had to turn off the entire plane to reset it. so my hour layover in La Guardia was 8 minutes. That's how long it took me to hoof it to the departure gate, the connecting flight was already boarding! But, i made it, AND my luggage made it and was the first luggage off the plane here in Maine! I've got the house warming up, got some groceries on the way home (cook for myself? Really? No more getting waited on? Really? ) and have a load of laundry going. I keep looking for a bar tender to bring me another Elder Bubble. I want to be in the hot tub. It's freakin' COLD here!

I'll be back on with pics later today. Need to get something for lunch, and it's not appearing right in front of me, and I don't see an endless buffet anywhere.

The Elderbubble

Serves one.

Ingredients

1 ounce white elderflower syrup or St-Germain elderflower liqueur

½ ounce raspberry vodka

3 to 3 ounces brut champagne

2 fresh or frozen raspberries for garnish

Method

Add the elderflower syrup and raspberry vodka to the champagne flute. Top off with the champagne.
  • queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    edited January 2016

Isn't that just the bitch of being home? Nobody to wait on you, and no hot tub! (I confess I love having my bed made for me when I'm staying in a hotel. Go figure.)

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited January 2016

wow u ladies have been busty its LARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I have had some major issues

just talked to shannnnn

thought I would post and say HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

• Orange73
    edited January 2016

• Orange73
    edited January 2016

Alot of new people

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753
    edited January 2016

Had a indoor race today but I didn't race since I have a humongous hematoma on my entire right breast from donating breast tissue last Saturday before I left for the cruise. I tried a couple of rows and it hurt too much so coach and our trainer pulled me from the race. Oh well!

We had a great time now it's time to get back to the everyday stresses again.. Damn

Julie have a great time at the Animal Kingdom

Kim how was Sadie? I bet she was really glad to see you.

Dorothy how were your babies when you got home?