Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• heidi s
    heidi s Member Posts: 398
    edited February 2016

Dad, with a glass of of Napa cab. He approves

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited February 2016

Good morning, Loungettes!BRRRRRR is the only way to describe the temps.Winter has arrived.Not even going to look at the temperature this morning.Sadie did the quickest ayem pee trip ever.

Goldie--I've taken care of some people of this size.It's frightening what you can find in the folds.Love the Love Potion!My desktop doesn't have a mic, but I think I have one around here somewhere, I've just got to look for it.The deaths were all expected to happen this weekend, and it is part of the package.Sometimes it is very hard to not get attached, and most ofus don't try all that hard, we just try to keep itmanageable.You can't really take care OF someone if you don't care FOR them at least a little bit.

Happy Valentine's day, Observed, to everyone!There was a segment on the news about how this year the floral companies are doing especially well since the holiday fell on Sunday and is being observed/celebrated on both sides of the weekend.

1. AMEN!

CynCyn--so not fair that thereduction didn't heal well.So not fair.Your scanning was pretty thorough, and very accurate!Glad to have you back!

Genny--hooray for time with Nora, congrats to Jen on negative nodes!

Hsant--handsome!

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD:

Chocolate Buzz

2 shots Coffee Liqueur

2 shots Irish Cream

cup Chocolate Milk

Directions

Pour chocolate milk into a large glass. Add 2 shots of kahlua and 2 shots of irish cream. Serve cold.

Best served in a Hurricane Glass.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited February 2016

gOOD mORNING LADIES.

cYN I'M SO SORRY U'R HAVING THIS PROBLEM, THIS CRAP GOES ON AND ON AND i DIDN'T KNOW U WERE HAVING THIS DONE NOW. wELL JUST WAIT AND PRAYING ALL GOES WEEL NEXT TIME.

MARY GOOD U POOPED IN AND IF U HAVE ANORABLE DON'T BLAME U A BIT.

lORI i TRIED MY CENTRAL THING, BUT THIS IS SO SMSLL IT TOOK 1/2 THE SCREEN AWAY, SO I'LL JUST WAIT TIL MY SWEET BOSS GET MINE ALL FIXED UP. BELIEVE ME IF U REALLY KNEW HIM U COULDN'T STAY MAD AT HIM FOR LONGER THAN 60 SECONDS, HE'S SO ADORABLE.

NM SO SORRY ABOUT U'R CALLS, IT'S ALWAYS SAD. I CCAAN'T BELIEVE U'R TIRE WAS LOOSE, MY GOD U COULD HAVE REALLY HAD A TERRIBLE ACCIDENT, GOOD THING U GOT THAT TSKEN CARE OF-U TRAVEL SO MUCH ST ALL HOURS TOO.

SANDY SORRY ABOUT U'R LE AND ALL THE CRAP THAT GOES WITH THE SLEEVES, THEY ARE A PAAIN TO WEAR. BUT U DID HAVE A PERFECT TIMING WITH U'R WINE AND DINNER, WHICH IS UNUSUAL.DID U GET THE SNOW? WE GOT VERY LITTLE HERE. I'M SURE U WERE ASKED BEFORE BUT HOW LONG HAVE U BEEN MARRIED, U SOUND SO HAPPY WITH U'R DH.

JOEY STAYED HOME LAST NITE, YAHOO FOR ME, HE WAS FINE. I TUCKED HIME IN AND HE SAID I KNOW I'M GETTING OLDER BUT I LOVE WHEN U TUCK ME IN AND WE TALK AND HE REALLY SHARES ALOT WITH ME CUZ HE'S SO TIRED LOL-IT'S FUNNY CUZ I FEEL LIKE I HAVE TO GIVE HIM WORDS THAT ARE SO IMPORTANT CU I WON'T BE HERE FOREVER AND I WANT HIM TO REMEMBER ALL THESE THINGS AND ALL WE SHARE. REMEMBER WHEN I'D SAY GIVE ME A CHILD TIL HE'S 12 AND HE'S MINE FOR LIFE, I BELIEVE THAT.

MY SISTER HAD HER OTHER CAATERACT DONE AND SHE AGAIN HAS ALL THESE COMPLICATIONS, SHE'S RESLLY LOOSING SIGHT AALOT, I WONDER IF IT'S BECAUSE OF CANCER STUFF, EVEN THO THERE IS NO CANCER THERE, JUST HEALING IS NOT GOOD. SHE TAKES REALLY GOOD CARE OF HERSELF AND STILL HAS ALL THE CRAZY THINGS HAPPEN. MY COUSIN TOO BUT SHESHE'S STILL WORKING FULL TIME AND TOLD ME SHE DIDN'T THINK SHE CAN DO THIS ANYMORE, I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE DOES IT NOW BUT THEY ARE THE TOUGH ONES.

PHONE IS GOING--FURNACES LIKE CRAZY--HEY JAZZY, JULIE NANCY, HSANT,SUSYQ (BECAREFUL DRIVING) AND DARA,

I LUBS U ALL AND REMEMBER I'M NOT YELLING

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited February 2016

Oh Cyn, that is just awful. But having to wait until October is even worse. But it IS good to see you. I have no suggestions on the recon, as I didn't have that done.

Mary, congrats to Jen forno positive nodes. Def. something to celebrate! I think I saw that dude hanging around the lounge.

What a sweet picture of your dad, Hsant. How long are you in OH?

NM OMG, surprises in the folds!!!! I understand the "caring". I loved my students soooo much, and when I left Michigan, it sure hurt to leave them behind. I guess sort of a dumb question to ask, about getting attached. I know I would. Oh gosh, I forgot about your car. Glad you took it in and it didn't come off while you were driving. But $800…..OUCH!

Cami, I almost knocked you in the pewl. But one of those hunks would have gaveyou a safe and soft landing. Joey will have MANY treasured memories of you. But lets hope that's not for a long time yet.

Well, I have put off checking my labs, so I guess I will do it today, as I start back on the dreaded FU pills!

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited February 2016

Good Morning,

Cami....I love your relationship with Joey...just so sweet...you are lucky to have each other.

OH NM....seriously..I don't know how life is sustained thru the winter time up there....I know , Hibernate and live for the spring summer and fall..which takes place all within a 10 week span. :)

Lori, I could have the surgery sooner but I chose October because my FMLA will be available again and there is just too much going on between now and then. I don't have time for it...things , as usual, will be non stop starting in April..going up to MA to see Jodi perform (hopefully I don't total my car on the way to the airport again). In May I perform Shimmy mob...June I go to Texas and Jodi and her friend join us..we are driving back to FL at the end of the month..Donese will stay and her daughter is coming with her BF in July and at the end of the month of July we are all driving back to TX where I will stay for about 3 months coming home at the end of October..then I'll have the surgery. See what I mean? It doesn't bother me too much really and Im glad I got it done.

Whats up with everyone and who do I not know? LOL

:)

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

cYN IT'S WONDERFUL TO SEE YOU, WELL READ U. U ARE ONE BUSY LADY GIRL, BUT U ALWAYS HAVE BEEN, U JUST DON'T LET THINGS STOP U AND THAT'S WONDERFUL AND WE ALL LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT U'R ADVENTURES, U'R JUST ALWAYS GOING AND DOING THINGS I LUVE IT.

• nativemainer
    edited February 2016

Good morning, Loungettes!Lovely out this morning, we had a few inches of snow over night, now it's freezing rain,going to move on to rain with the wind picking up, and we may break some high temps this pm.Welcome to winter in Maine!

Cammy--God was looking out for me, thanks be!You and Joey have such a special relationship, I'm sure he'll remember all you've said all his life, but I pray that he (and we here in the HTL) have you for a long time to come.Your poor sister, so not fair to go through cancer and now cataracts and not healing well.

Goldie--I'm glad the tire did come off while I was driving, too!If all goes as planned I'll get the Jeep back on Wednesday.They found a couple other things (of course) and the total estimate is now $1040.I hope it doesn't go any higher.Here's to good labs for you!

Cammy--LOL!

CynCyn--you hit the nail on the head on how life survives here!Wow, what a schedule you have coming up!You are just way too busy living life to have surgery until October.Good for you!

Stormy Weather

1/4 oz Creme de Menthe

3/4 oz Fernet Branca

3/4 oz Dry Vermouth

Directions

Pour over ice cubes in a small highball glass, stir, and serve.

Best served in a Highball Glass.

• goldie0827
    edited February 2016

That is quite the schedule there Lucy! 3 months in TX, wowsa. You and Donese will have a blast. Are you taking Reese?

NM, that's a chunk of change for your jeep. I hope it's worth it. It's been crazy warm here. Our lowest high for the next 10 days is 66. I LOVE IT…and SUNNY! Pretty DOTD, I wonder what Fernet Branca is? Ahhh, it's a Bitters Liqueur. Now then, what are Bitters???? LOL!

Bitters-"When cooking with spices, drastically different flavor profiles can be achieved with varying spice blends," he said. "The same can be said for bitters."More literally speaking, bitters are a liquid extraction of seeds, herbs, bark, roots, flowers, leaves and fruit of various plants. They are highly concentrated and are used by the dash to flavor cocktails.

My TM's went down a tad. I'll take it! Better than going up, even if just a tad. I think my CEA went up, but not concerned about that one. I have to go to Phoenix on Thursday for onc appt. Oh boy! 8 hour drive to talk to my doctor and get a shot. At least gas is down, right?

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

Good Morning ladies

NM we just had the same wether u'r getting now and the temp will be in the 50's in a couple of days, crazy for sure. Wow that's a lot of money for u'r car, what a PITA cars are and yet what can we do?

Lori glad to hear even a tad, but u have to travel so far. I complain my Onc's office is not in the hospital (which is about 6-8 blocks away) she about 4 miles--I'm so spoiled with all of that. My sister oes about 12 miles and we al think that's to far. But if u get to see SusyQ u'r lucky that way.

Well D all morning hopefully I'm done (never know) so I washed all my clothes at least--OK I'm not proud of this, but I always tell u guys my silly problems.

Well I'm on my own puter for a while, he still has to fix the connection, probably cuz I dropped it. He came about 11PM and stay til after 12am--everyone is sleeping cept us, he is so darling and was showing me some videos of his baby Sam who looks just like him. So by the time I fell asleep it was like 2am I woke up at 6 and thought it was last nite. My brain is smashed, Marty was telling me it was Tuesday and I thought he was joking, I forgot Dan was here.

I was watching something so interesting (which I'm sure u all know) but it was about the hospital (I forgot Anderson is all I can remember, well the 2 top researcher for BC were really making big time strides, then she fell in love with him and he didn't with her so she killed him and went to jail forever. What an idiot--they were considered 2 of the best from all over too.

OK news ffor the day Be back latah

I LUBS U ALL

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited February 2016

Yay Lowee for the TM's going down, even if just a tad. Am almost finished with DS tax papers, then I can print P&L and Balance statement. I usually take a disc with a saved copy for the accountant, but my disc loader is giving me fits. Once I close it I have to use a paperclip to get it open. We shall see. I am loving this weather and hope it holds for next weekend too.

Cyndi - What is this 'shimmy mob'? Soooo f'n good to see you on the thread. You go girl in all ur travels thru the spring and summer. You will have a marvelous time. If I got to pick a surgery it would be around Oct too, that way you can hibernate and get the rest you need to heal. Keep us posted when u can....sure do miss you.

Cami - OMG about the two oncos, jes tragic. What some people do I just don't understand. Sorry ur D is raging (((Cami)))

NM - too scary bout ur tire coming off. Glad you are OK but sad about your cost to get it repaired.

Well back to the grind....LUBSLUBSLUBSLUBS you all!!

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753
    edited February 2016

Wishing I was here right now drinking a Mojito or a Rum and Coke

Been busy getting venues for our next Pink Paddle Party for the team. Finalized plans for my sons wedding so now we just have to start planning the fun stuff like a wedding shower and bachelorette party. 6 more months for them.

Don't know much about my DD wedding. She's not sharing much info right now. I'm trying to stay busy.

Mary so glad to hear about your friends good news

Lori Emma was supposed to be Mema I must hit the wrong buttons or been half asleep lol. Sorry Mema. But I was telling her I miss her. And I do. 😘 Hope you all have a good time when you meet up

Hope everyone had a good weekend

• nativemainer
    edited February 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Wild and wolly weather here yesterday, snow, rain, wind and more wind, temp changed from teens to 40's.Just wild.

Goldie--I figure I've got so much sunk in the Jeep now that I have to keep going with it for a while.And pretty soon there won't be anything left to replace or fix, I hope!Hooray for TMs going down!Every little bit helps!

Cammy--Clean clothes are agood thing to have!I hear you about getting confused about what day it is when your sleep schedule gets disrupted.Glad you got you puter back.BC docs falling in love and then killing each other?Oh, she killed him.Same effect, researchers taken out of the work.Was this a true story?

Mema--Almost having the tire come off and paying $1K for repairs is better than getting caught in a multi-car pile up and having the car totaled!I'm trying to put a good spin on it, can you tell?

Collett--Beautiful spot, wish I was there, too.You are one busy lady--2 weddings with all the associated activities andthe Pink Paddle Party, enough to keep 3 people busy.

Black Martini

2/3 oz Gin

1/4 oz Black Sambuca

Directions

Pour ingredients over ice. Shake gently. Strain into cocktail glass.

Best served in a Cocktail Glass.

• ncollett
    edited February 2016

NM Sorry to hear about your tire situation. That stinks but I agree much better than your last situation. I have to stay busy to keep my mind off other things. Tonight I have the Suvivorship Advisory Board meeting at the Cancer Center and tomorrow night we have an Ambassador media training meeting for Komen, Friday I see my Pulmonologist and have a full day of meeting venues for the Pink Paddle Party. We hope to have a decision by Friday. Our board meets Saturday so need to get our proposal to them Friday night.

Cami hope your feeling better.

I saw on the news where this guy in Texas was having trouble paying his student loan and the arrested him. Dang! That's crazy right there.

Gonna try on some dresses for da wedding today with my sons MIL

• goldie0827
    edited February 2016

Cami, your situation is far from being silly. And of course we all talk about crazy stuff to one another, because we get it!

LDB, I'll bring my puter and can show you what Cyn is talking about.

Nancy, lol on Emma/Mema. Not helping or knowing about your own DD's wedding? I hope she is not jealous. This would be horrible. Have fun dress shopping.

NM, good idea to put a "good spin" on the car issues. Glass half full, not half empty. Cray cray weather for you. Been absolutely gorgeous here. Spring is usually quite windy, but so far it's been good.

I probably won'tbe on in the morning. Have to head out early for my onc appointment.

• ncollett
    edited February 2016

Lori I think she is jealous. Didn't start out that way. I also think her MOH which is a cousin of hers that we don't really have a lot of contact with is causing some issues cuz that is when things really started to change and she got a little bit of a tude going on. But hopefully this too shall pass soon. Hugs and give Miss Sue some hugs for me when you see her. :)

The soon to be Mr and Mrs Michael Collett

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

HI LADIES, I'M BACK ON THIS TINY LITTLE PUTER, GOT MORE TO FIX ON MINE.

NM U'R WEATHER IS CRAZY LIKE OURS FREEZING THE OTHER DAY AND ABOUT 60 THIS WEEKEND. AND IT'S NOT MARCH. DID U GET U'R CAR BACK YET? CARS TO ME ARE VERY MIXED EMOTIONAL, CUZ WHEN THEY NEED WORK I AALWAYS HATED THEM.

SUSYQ THAT IS A TRUE STORY AND THESE 2 RESEARCHERS WERE ON THE TOP OF THE LIST FOR BC, BOTH IN THEIR 40'S TOO. AND HAVE A SAFE TRIP.

NANCY U R SO DAMN BUSY, BUT IT ALL SOUNDS GOOD AND GREAAT FOR THE WEDDING, U HAVE TO SHOW US A PIC OF U'R DRESS. DO U HAVE ANY COLORS IN MIND OR CAN THEY BE ANYTHING. I FEEL BAD ABOUT U'R DD THO, WHEN IS SHE GETTING MARRIED? AND I CAAN'T STAND WHEN OTHER PEOPLE COME IN AND START SNARKY STUFF. WELL I'M GLAD U'R BUSY U DON'T HAVE TIME TO THINK ABOUT BAD STUFF AND 6 MOS WILL GO BY SO QUICKLY, WE ALL KNOW THAT.

SUSYQ I SO AGREE WITH U ABOUT OUR CYN-IT WAS SO NICE TO READ HER POST, I HOPE SHE CONTINUES WITH US. I HAVEN'T BEEN ON FB IN SO LONG, NO REASON, JUST NOT BEEN THERE.

LORI I HATE WHEN U DON'T POST, YES HATE, BUT I DO UNDERSTAND. I HOPE U'R TRIP IS SAFE AND U DO GET TO SEE SUSYQ SO THAT WOULD BE WORTH IT ALL.

OK DAY 1 NO D TODAY, I KNOW I SHOULDN'T SAY ANYTHING BUT HOW WONDERFUL. AND I GOT MY PAIN PILLS TODAY OH WHAT A RELIEF, I DIDN'T HAVE THEM FOR A FEW DAYS AND I HAD ACTUALLY FORGOTTEN HOW BAD I COULD FEEL, SO THESE MUST HELP MORE THAN I THOUGHT. OR I'M ADDICTED, BUT I DON'T CARE SO NO INTERVENTION FOR ME I TAK 2 A DAY USUALLY SO I FUNCTION FINE.

OH NANCY IF U HAVE A COUPLE OF DRESSES U HAVE TO CHOOSE FROM AND CAN'T MAKE UP U'R MIND TKE PICS OF THEM AND WE CAN HELP, I ENJOY THAT. AND U KNOW WE'LL BE HONEST, I'M SURE ANYTHING U PICK U WILL LOOK BEAUTIFUL.

WHERE IS EVERYONE? PROLLY WORKING HARD, I'M NOT TO BUSY NOW EXCEPT IN THE EVENING OR EARLY MORNING WHEN PEOPLE'S FURNACES GO OFF--THE GUYS ARE DOING A REMODELING JOB NOW SO THEY'RE BUSY, THEY ONLY TAKE THOSE IN SLOW TIMES, I'M GLAD THEY'RE WORKING.

OK I GUESS THAT'S ABOUT IT.

I LUBS U ALL

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited February 2016

Popping in to say hello to Cami & the crew.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited February 2016

Hey, Cami, nothing wrong with “being addicted” to not being in pain! (Sometimes I think both law enforcement and the medical profession has their collective heads up their collective asses).

Today went to Whole Foods--the wine bar had a special on a really good “grower Champagne” (i.e., one made by the people who grow and harvest their own grapes, not the usual “Negociant” stuff where a middleman buys a bunch of grapes from different estates, has several winemakers ferment them, and then bottles a blend of them under his own label--the latter stuff are the more familiar labels in the marketplace). This wine was Paul Bara Brut Rosé Champagne--on sale for $10 a bottle less than regular price. Of course, fifty instead of sixty bucks was still out of the question. BUT the wine bar was doing half-pours (technically 2.5 oz but more like 3) for six bucks! That and cheese samples was just the ticket for getting me out of the store without impulse buys!

And I finally went and did it--took the step that made it real: I bought the air and TGV (hi-speed rail) fare for my continuing legal ed. trip next month: London, Lausanne, and Paris! (I’m no idiot....I also bought the trip cancellation/emergency insurance).

Tomorrow (actually THIS) morning I go to the dermatologist, mostly about how to safely deal with sebo-psoriasis and look at that tan spot on my L boob--but also to find out what I should be doing about skin care beyond wash-lube-sunscreen. Serums? Retinol? Topical antioxidants? She’s part of the same hospital system as my oncology team, so she’s not going to recommend anything with endocrine disruptors or carcinogens. I’ll find out what products I should toss and how to navigate the confusing maze of creams, lotions, serums, yada yada that salons, online sites and even Whole Foods keeps trying to sell me.

• nativemainer
    edited February 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Not sure why but my butt is dragging this ayem.Hit eh snooze button for the first time in ages.Got to get over this being so tired all the time thing, it's a drag.I got my Jeep back yesterday, so nice to have my own (very messy) car back!I know where everything is in the Jeep, even if it doesn't have all the bells and whistles the loaner did!

Collett--staying busy is a good way to keep your mind occupied.And you sure are busy!Good luck at the pulmonologist, and I'm sure you will have a proposal for the board in on time, and it will be fantastic.Student loans are a major problem and I'm not sure why they go after them so tenaciously.Newly graduated students have enough trouble making ends meet as it is.Can't wait to see a pic of you in a new dress!

Goldie--good luck at the onc appointment!Very crazy weather, but that's actually pretty typical for this time of year, except the temps are normally 30 degrees lower.I'll take the warmer temps, though, easier on the heating oil bill!

Collett--handsome couple!

Cammy--got the Jeep back yesterday afternoon.So happy to have it back, too!If March comes in like a lion this year the entire state may get blown into the Atlantic, there has been so much wind recently.I actually like listening to and watching the wind blow, as long as the power stays on.

Holeinone--HEY!Great to see you!

Chi--wow, what a great trip you have lined up!I agree, $50 is a lot for a bottle of wine, except maybe for a VERY special occasion.Good to get professional advice on the skin care process, too.

Slightly Windy Cocktail

Ingredients

• 3 oz Ginger Dry sparkling soda
    • 1/2 oz lime juice
    • 1/2 oz simple syrup
    • 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
    • 1 1/2 oz dark rum

Instructions

1. Combine lime juice, simple syrup, bitters and dark rum in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake for 15 seconds. Strain into a cocktail glass filled with ice and top with Ginger Dry Sparkling soda. Stir.

Slightly Windy | A Rum Ginger Cocktail | Tipsy Tuesday

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited February 2016

Good morning friends- I am just popping in to say hi. Super busy week with some prof org things going on as well as a vendor visit and kickoff for my project. Tuesday was an early morning presentation and then one at noon and then dinner with the vendor that evening. A long day for sure, but I got to have some nice wine with dinner and the whole day went well. I love days like that, because well, I so rarely have a perfect day like that in my work/world. Grateful!

Cami- dear Queen of Caps, I hope you are doing okay on all front. I know you have the D, the pain, the computer problems and more. When I read about Joey and the 16 year old babysitting, I thought of myself at that age and how we would never dare to misbehave as sitters. That being said, I remember too having a couple friends coming over when I was 14 for New Years Eve and one of the boys brought some scotch from a leftover stash from a family wedding. My/our first time getting drunk, and we were all throwing up by the end of the night. To your point, young people left alone can get in to trouble!

Ncolett- how exciting about the upcoming wedding. And yes, colors, the dress, please share more as you can! I hope it all goes smoothly. I have been in a lot of weddings and saw others make the couple miserable, mostly because of jealously and the attention they were getting. I have also had at least one or two "bridezilla" experiences too. I am glad I am too old to be a bridesmaid anymore. Now I just go to weddings and enjoy the open bar!

ChiSandy- the growers champagne sounds yummy. Congrats on that fabulous trip you are taking to London and all the rest. I have to get back to Paris again. I have a cousin who lives there.

NM- why are you so tired? It is just working a lot? I know you have a demanding job. Can you slow down and rest this weekend? Sometimes giving yourself a day in bed helps. I have to do that on occasion myself. Wishing you better days sister.

Goldie- good luck at your onc apt too and let us know how things go?

Hsant- I forgot to say I loved the pic of your dad enjoying the nice red. My parents were never big wine drinkers, although they loved their cocktails. My dad and I used to drink apricot brandy together as I got older. Special memory.

Wishing everyone else here a good day and a good weekend coming up!

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited February 2016

Morning DahhhhLinks!!

I got to sleep in today too. Like u NM I am always tired, but I don't do near the work you do. The weather here is in the 70's altho last night high winds and rain came thru. Woke me up several times during the night. I finished all the tax paperwork so today is my lazy day. Will go to the grocery store but that's about it.

NM - glad you got your Jeep back. That was a pretty fast turn around to do repairs.

Lowee - my DS doesn't have wifi in his house so might want to rethink the laptop. Hope u get good news from the docs. (((Lowee)))

Chi - the wine bar sounds delightful. You and Jazz sure know ur wines. Yay for taking the step for the rail…I'd love to see all those places. Take some pics and share. Good luck with the derm doc today.

Cami - I agree about CyndieLouWho, miss her. Frankly I like your 'all caps' post, makes it easier for me to read too.

Nancy - I can't believe how you get around with all ur suffering from. Has the pain subsided in ur donation boob? What a great pic of ur son and his betrothed. I'm with Cami, we'll be honest…really….heehee. Hope the MOH stops being a PITA.

Hi Holeinone!!

Jazz - so wonderful u had a perfect day. They r few and far these days. Cute story about u n ur friends getting all smashed and puking. I was 15 when I had my 1st drunk. I didn't puke but boy I hated that feeling.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Lubslubs to all!!!

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

VERY EARLY GOOD MORNING LADIES.

SANDY WHAT A TRIP U R PLANNING, SOUNDS GREAT, NO FANTASTIC ACTUALLY. WE ALL KNOW I'VE NEVER REALLY BEEN ANYWHERE SO THE PLACES U SAID ARE A FANTASY TO ME. AND WINE HAS TO BE GOOD BEFORE I CAN DRINK IT, TO MANY ADDITIVES GIVE ME A HEADACHE INSTANTLY. i DO DRINK WINE WITH MY SISTER ON cHRISTMAAS CUZ WE HAVE REALLY GOOD WINE AND I ENJOY IT. AND WE ALL KNOW MY DAD AND HIS WINE WE COULD DRINK IT WHEN WE TURNED 16 WITH OUR DINNER, AS LONG AS WE WEREN'T GOING OUT CUZ IT WAS GOOD FOR OUR BLOOD AND IT WAS HOMEMADE WINE FOR MANY YEARS AND STRONG, i THINK NOW A DAYS WE WOULD HAVE BEEN TAKEN OUT OF THE HOME, BUT YEARS AGO IT WAS FINE.

LORI WILL BE ON THE ROAD THIS MORNING, I HAT THAT SHE HAS TO GO SO FAR.

NM I HOPE U'R NOT ON CALL THIS WEEKEND AND U CAN COMPLETELY REST, CUZ U SEEM LIKE U HAVEN;T COME OUT OF THE TRIP YET, I HOPE THAT'S WHAT IT IS.

JAZZY WHAT A GREAT DAY FOR U AND U DESERVE IT AND MANY MORE LIKE THAT. eVEN WORKING ON U'R OWN I KNOW U HAVE U'R DEADLINES WHICH WOULD DRIVE ME CRAZY, BUT U AALWAYS COME THRU. MY WORK AT HOME IS CRAZY, I CAN NEVER READMY OWN HANDWRITING TO SEND MY MESSAGES ND FORGET ALL THEY SAY, BT AS U GALS KNOW I NEVER SEE MY BOSS AND WE BARELY TALK ABOUT BUSINESS IT'S LUCKY FOR ME.

i HAVE TO, HSVE TO DO MY TAXES TODAY FOR 2010, YES i KNOW, BUT I CAN FAX THEM IN AND OF COURSE I USED TO DO TAXES BUT THOSE DSYS ARE GONE IN MY HEAAD SO I'LL WING IT.

MARTY STARTS HIS NEW JOB MONDAY, WE ARE SO HAPPY AND RELIEVED, THIS IS THE ONE HE REALLY WANTED AND DID ALL THAT TESTING.NOW LESLIE HAS SOME PEOPLE SHE KNOWS AND KEPT IN TOUCH WITH OVER THE YEARS SO WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH HER STUFF, WE NEED ANOTHER CAR SO IT MIGHT HAVE TO WAIT A LITTLE BIT. BEING ON THE SAME PAGE IN THIS HOUSE IS IMPOSSIBLE, OF COURSE IF WE READ A BOOK ONCE IN A WHILE IT MIGHT HELP.

DAY 2 NO D.

I LUBS U ALL

• nativemainer
    edited February 2016
    Good Morning, Loungettes!How is everyone this chilly ayem?I am shaking my head and wishing I could join Sadie who has made a nest out of the comforter on the bed and has gone back to sleep.So looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow ayem!TGIF!

Jazzy--Hooray for a perfect work world day!Good for you!I'm not sure why I'm so tired this week, unless it's the added stress of working in 2 computer systems and trying to keep up with everything in both systems, and not sleeping well.And I 'm not sure why I'm not sleeping well, I just wake up often with a feeling of uneasiness.Fortunately I can turn over and cuddle with Sadie and generally go back to sleep pretty quickly.I can rest up this weekend, and am looking forward to it!

image>

Mema--They did a good job with the Jeep--it drives very nicely now, I didn't realize how rough it had gotten! Probably a gift from the ever present Maine pot holes.

Fuquay Friday Night

2 shots Current Vodka

2 shots Sprite

1 shot Cherry Cola

2 tbsp Grenadine

Directions

Add absolut kurant and sprite to a cocktail glass. Mix in the grenadine syrup, and add the cherry cola. Serve. Add a dash of lime for a slightly different taste.

Best served in a Cocktail Glass.

• nativemainer
    edited February 2016

Darn, only 2 out of the 3 pics came through.

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2016

Cami- I can't read my own handwritten either anymore. It is like I have "doctor's writing" now but have to be careful who I say that in front of as my sister is an MD, and work with some on this project. Chances are their handwriting is better than mine?

NM- I had my quota of wine at the business dinner the other night, therefore, no drinking today but the idea appeals?

I am off to a 7 a.m. dental apt and have a busy day ahead. Wishing you all a good friday and TGIF.

• goldie0827
    edited February 2016

Nancy, not sure what to think about the wedding situations. I hope it will all work out.

Cami, that is sweet of you to miss when I don't post. I miss when you don't post either. I miss everyone that doesn't post. Y'all are my friends. And yes, I get to see Sue, can't wait for that. And how fun to pick out a dress for Nancy. My drive is a pretty one, so I don't mind that. It's the amount of time, 8 hours in all. Yay for day 2, won't say for what! Cuz you know what I mean.

NM, I'm loving our warm spell here. But like Jazzy has said, it could turn ugly anytime, up into April. We could get freezing day time temps and possibly dumped on with snow. I'm sure my fruit trees are budding, and I could lose everything if we get a hard freeze. Which usually happens! Pictures are just so weird on here anymore. Sometimes the show and sometimes not. Frustrating.

Good to see you Jazzy, albeit a bizzy week. Sometimes bizzy is good, other times … a break is nice.

LDB, I have a hot spot on my phone, I could probably use that. But thanks for the heads up. We can also just look on mese phone as well. I hope you enjoyed your lazy day! Can you enlarge your screen for easier reading? I do it! Press Ctrl and then the + key. Each time you do it, it gets even bigger.

Onc appt. went fine. They told me the lab called and messed up one of my TM's. But my numbers were all typical of what they had been. They wanted me to come in and have labs drawn again at no charge. My onc was not concerned and said I can just do it when they are due, which is every 6 weeks. He checked my hands, but nothing can be done, lotion lotion lotion. Other than that, everything is good. He said even if my markers jumped in the 80's, he wouldn't panic. But doesn't want to see them in the 100's. He also said it's ok for me to take a 2 week break if I thought I needed it.

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

lORI i'M GLAD THE DR. SOUNDED PRETTY GOOD TODAY AND I KNOW U'LL TAKE A 2 WEEK BREAK IF U WANT AND U SHOULD WHEN U WANT.

tgif SPECIAL FOR NM AND RESTING, LEAVE THE HOUSE ALONE AND JUST DO NOTHING.

JAZZY IF I WERE USED TO NOT HAVING A DECENT HANDWRTING OK, BUT WHEN I WORKED AND WE'D SEND CARDS OUT I WAS THE ONE WHO WROTE A LITTLE EXTRA AND THE ENVELOPE CUZ I HAD THE BEST AND ACTUALLY PRETTY HANDWRITING--WHEN JODIE WAS YOUNG SHE WANTED TO WRITE LIKE ME, CUZ THEY DIDN'T TEACH THAT METHOD ANYMORE SO I TAUGHT HER, AND WHEN I WAS IN HS, IF I WAS GOING TO FSIL A TEST MY TEACHER WOULD GIVE ME A "D"JUST BECAUSE MY WRITING WAS SO BEAUTIFUL--THEY SAID--SO I'VE REALLY HIT ROCK BOTTOM WITH IT AND EVERYONE SEES IT FOR CERTAIN THINGS AND CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY IT'S SO BADNOW?????

WELL MY STREAK OF 2 DAYS IS OFFICIALLY OVER--CHIT LITERALLY. OH WELL, NOW i STARTED TAKING BOTH MEDS FOR THIS, AND I TAKE OPIATS WTF, I FEEL LIKE SUPERMAN NOTHING CAN STOP ME BUT MAYBE IF I FIND MY KRYPTONITE I THIS WILL REVERSE IT. THAT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE, I KNOW HUMPH

I LUBS U ALL

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2016

Cami- I think the reason why is that we use computers more now. I too used to have outstanding penmanship as a young person. But since I started using computers regularly with my work in the 1990s, and had used them even before that when working for another big corp. I am so very fast and precise with keyboard stuff that I blow people away. I think the keyboard uses different different muscles. I hate it when I cannot even read my own project meeting notes! My guess is we all are loosing our writing skills.

That being said, I love to write and journal regularly as well as write a letter every month to my BFF back east. She has never gotten into technology, although her hubbie is so anything urgent, I relay to him. We keep in touch the old fashion way!

You know what they say Cami, use it or loose it!

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited February 2016

Sigh--as a fountain pen freak I am distressed to find that very few grade schools even teach penmanship any more--cursive is no longer mandatory. Anyone here wanna start a snail-mail list? I have great pens, cool inks, nice stationery, even sealing wax...and I'm not afraid to use them!

Derm went well yesterday. Sometimes a mole is just a mole...except when it's a “senile keratosis." Just when I was getting bummed out by the term “senile" (it's shorter to type and easier to say than “seborrheic"), the derm complimented me on my complexion and said I've got the skin of someone in her late 40s (and I have no intention of giving it back). She said I don't need to exfoliate to keep the sehborrhea at bay--just use a ketoconizole cream--same ingredient as in dandruff shampoo, only w/o stripping the hair color and keratin from the sulfates in the shampoos. (Cami, wish all that “poo" were “sham"--hopefully, the big D will quiet down and soon. Think lovely binding thoughts: cheese...rice...tea...imodium...Tums...opioids...). I asked about serums, and she said I could use an anti-age-spot and a retinol one, and suggested RoC for the retinol (I use LaRoche Posay for the age spots & mild rosacea--I get it at Tar-zhay and it's even cheaper in Europe). So after filling up on cheap gas at Costco, I went inside to get the full RoC line: serum, sensitive skin night cream, eye cream, SPF moisturizer. Lubed up my face before bed last night--but couldn't sleep, because that perfumey smell made me wheeze. So I washed it off and slapped on some CeraVe (same stuff I use on my LE arm & Super-Boob). Speaking of Teenage Mutant Ninja Tit, she wants me using a steroid ointment on the red and hardened parts BID, 2 weeks on/1 week off, for 3 months--she's worried that if untreated it could turn into localized scleroderma. BC--the gift that keeps on giving...sort of like that weird aunt who buys you a lifetime subscription to the Expired Yogurt of the Month Club.

Back to drinking: tonight I heated some duck leg confit and used the fat to braise some brussels sprouts. (First time I ever saw my son trying to lick a veggie serving dish). To my chagrin, Bob & I'd finished the Gauthier Pinot Noir. So I figured that since I'm using the Coravin anyway, why not bring one of those bottles of Williams-Selyem Sonoma Pinot (you actually have to get on an allocation list to buy it, online only) up from the basement? Picked a 2011 estate-bottled and poured about 3-4 oz. into a nice big Riedel Burgundy glass. Swirled, sniffed. Whoah, momma......if ever I'd forgotten what's the big deal with reaaaally good (as in 95-point Wine Spectator) wine, this was a reminder. Aromas of black cherry, dark chocolate, cremini mushroom, and juicy roast beef. And that's just the smell. So good that when dinner was done and the glass wasn't empty, I cut some slices of country pate, truffle pecorino and Toma cheese to accompany it. 2 a.m and there's still a Tbs. left in the glass. Yummmmmmm.......sweet dreams....