Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• heidi s
    heidi s Member Posts: 398
    edited February 2016

Good evening!

Goldie, I hope your DD's papers are signed by the time you read this.

that pic is beautiful. $50k a week, hmm... I have got to buy a lottery ticket.

NM, how is your knee? Have you been to a doctor? A cocktail that contain JD and grain alcohol? Perfection on ice.

My father thinks he's cognitively impaired, when (thank god) he's sharp as nails. I'm pretty sure he has an anxiety disorder, and his doc agrees, but he refuses to take the meds. Big sigh.

Genny, we had a lot of snow today, but it's supposed to get into the fifties on Saturday. Your DH must've had a lot of unusual golf days this winter. I thought Nora was your niece, because you look too young to be a grandmother. She's such a cutie!

Nema, wow! You must have so many interesting stories after years of being a dispatcher/911 operator in LV! Anything you want to share?? What was your favorite cocktail to mix when you were a bartender?

Jazzy, Why do you need to tell anyone that you'll be on the east coast? This is a trip that's about you and your sis (and your birthday!), so why complicate matters by telling friends and family who live in the tri-state area, especially if you know they'll expect you to go to them?

Cami, I apologize. I misinterpreted your relationship with Marty. Your comment about trying marriage a couple of times, and not liking it cracked me up. Anyway, it's great that your close to your daughter, son in law, and obviously your very special relationship with your grandson. Anyone in my family who falls under "in law"requires me to throw on a rope of garlic before being in their presence.:)

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited February 2016

LOL HSANT GARLIC, WELL THAT WOULD BE GOOD FOR MY OTHER SIL----SSSHHHH

NM GET TO THE URGENT CARE FOR SURE. AND U'R RIGHT AS AA TEAM WE ARE EXPERTS, BUT EVERY CHAIN HAS A WEAK LINK, AND SHE'S TRYING TO TYPE RIGHT NOW.

LORI, I PRAY IT ALL GOES WELL FOR U'R DD. AND 50,000.00 DOLLARS HOLY CHIT. I COULDN'T EVEN AFFORD 3 SECONDS IN THAT VILLA. AND U KNOW I NEVER LEARNED HOW TO DOUBLE PAGE ANYTHING EVEN THO U TRIED TO TEACH ME.

OH HSANT IF U'R DAD SAID THAT, HE IS AS SHARP AS A NO.2 PENCIL, WELL IF IT'SHARPENED.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited February 2016

Cami, I know Glen Ellyn well--I've performed on-air many times at the studios of WDCB 90.9 on the College of DuPage campus. I'll give you a heads-up next time I'm out that way. I also play sometimes at Two Way Street in Downers Grove, have played a couple of times at Maple St. Chapel in Lombard, and every year at the Fox Valley Folk Festival. Will be playing next year at the Blue Boat Cafe in DuPage UU Church in Naperville-will know the exact date after June. Playing up in Wauconda this Sat.night

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited February 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!TGIF!Been a week of long days, and I'm looking forward to a bit of a break.Even more looking forward to next week when we get rid of the old system and go entirely on the new.Also looking forward to a good sleep in.Getting up in the dark is HARD.

Goldie--Gonna try again today to get to Walk in Care before closing.If not,I guess I'll have to give up time on the weekend.That Juniper sure does look like it's on fire!Sounds like things may be moving forward for DD.Good idea to take pics of the documents as a record.Wow, what a villa!Looks beautiful.I looked at the site, they don't list the rates but do mention a 10% tax and a $2K damage deposit.That alone is pretty steep, but I can see why.

Hsant--haven't had the knee looked at yet, still sore, still swollen, not getting worse but not getting better.Getting annoying, though.LOL at the rope of garlic approach!

Cammy--You are not the weak link, you are the grounding link, the one that keeps us all in contact with reality.

ChiSandy--you are busy!Good for you!

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD:

Chumbawumba Drink

1/2 pint Beer

1 shot Vodka

1 shot Jack Daniels Whiskey

1/2 pint Strongbow Cider

Directions

Pour a basic snake bite of half cider and lager in a pint glass. Then add to the top a shot of whiskey and vodka. Stir and then drink!

Best served in a Beer Mug.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited February 2016

Good morning ladies- what a week this has been. Although I am normally off- site on Fridays at my client site, I am going in today from 8-2 because of active testing work we are doing, and some issues that have come up with some of the MDs working on our project and getting the vendor MD to do a call with us today. I know you like the visual of me wrangling three doctors at once (ha, can docs be wrangled?) After things are wrapped up this afternoon, I plan to go to the gym for a work out and soak in the hot tub (ahh.....)

ChiSandy- I love Tuscany. One of my most fav places I have ever traveled and tried to think of ways to live there. I could be very happy in Tuscany! The food, the wine, the people, the shopping, the beautiful countryside, I could go on and on. I am going to ping you soon for your web site for your music. You are truly a renaissance woman with your legal expertise and musical talents!

Sounds like some of you know my experience well about well meaning (or sometimes controlling...) friends and family who want you to spin your vaca plans around them in some form or fashion. Having traveled a lot through the decades, I have learned a lot about other people with respect to my vacations. I enjoy traveling with others, but also have learned to travel alone too. Several valuable lessons include knowing I will no longer go on other people's vacations, or let people invite themselves on my trips (sometimes trying to suggest they prefer to go and/or with other people they want to go too). Ha ha, who asked you? I have had more than enough experiences to know you work with the people going with you and tell else everyone after.

Hsant- I definitely don't have to say anything to anyone about the travel plans. The challenge comes in with the other two going (sister and her partner) and them spilling the beans. They are going to be back east this summer and will be seeing folks we both know, and that is where the problem can come in. So that is why I had this conversation with my sister this week to let her know I was not going to be chatting this up with folks back east in our common communities, and suggested they don't either. That being said, I predict it will happen anyways.

NM- keep us posted on that leg. I hope you can get to the root cause of the swelling and that it is nothing serious.

Cami- I told my sister I wanted a trip to the Blue Note for a birthday gift this year. My b-day is next month, but instead of the check I usually get in the mail, I said I want to create an jazz experience instead. We will do the same for her birthday while we are there, that is the month after. I have all year to look forward to that birthday gift!

Dara- thinking of you this week and sending you continued hugs across the miles with all that is going on for you and your family right now.

What does everyone have going on this weekend? Last week of Feb and into March and spring we go! I have lots to catch up on at home with cleaning, more tax work, etc. but also taking the afternoon to go to the spa for some work on my tired old feet. Perfect time for a visit after this crazy week.

Wishing everyone a good TGIF and weekend!

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

HI LADIES, I THOUGHT I POSTED THIS MORNING, BUT I GUESS I DIDN'T.

NM U'R KNEE IS REALLY BOTHERING ME, I'M SURE IT WILL BE FINE AND U BEING A NURSE U'R JUST MORE STUBBORN THN NORMAL PEOPLE--I HOPE U GET THERE TODAY OR U HAVE TO TAKE TIME OUT TOMORREE NO MATTER WHAT. ALTHO KNEES ARE NOT MY SPECIALTY I DO KNOW A BAD ONE WHEN I HEAR IT. PLEEEEZE.

JAZZY IT'S SO EXCITING TO LOOK FORWARD TO A TRIP, BUT I DO HAVE A FEELING ALL U'R COVERT OPERATIONS ARE GOING TO BLOW UP WHEN U'R SISTER VISITS THIS SUMMER. IT'S SO HARD TO BE WITH PEOPLE AND NOT SAY WHAT'S GOING ON. NO WORRIES THO SHE CAN TAKE THE HEAT OF BEING TO BUSY.

SANDY I LIVED IN LOMBARD AND VILLA PARK MOST OF MY LIFE, SO I KNOW THE PLACES U'R TALKING ABOUT. HOW WONDERFUL FOR U TO BE ENJOYING WHAT U DO. DID U EVER DO ANY LEGAL WORK IN DUPAGE COUNTY? U MIGHT HAVE KNOWN MY BROTHER. HE WAS THE CHIEF JUDGE OF DUPAGE COUNTY FOR MANY YRS.

I WAS A LITTLE BUSY WITH WORK TODAY BUT REALLY NOT SO MUCH THAT I GOT VERY INVOLVED.

NMTHAT DRINK IS QUITE THE DRINK, WHOA.

SO WHY AM I SO HAPPY IT'S TGIF DAY, BECAUSE IT'S TGIF DAY. THAT'S WHY.

LATAH LADIES

I LUBS U ALL.

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

GOOD SATURDAY MORNING LADIES----JEEZ IWAS THE LAST ONE ON LAAST NITE AND THE FIRST ONE ON THIS MORNING--WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PIC? OH THERE IS NO PIC.

I WENT ON FB FOR A WHILE THIS MORNING, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BE KETCHING UP WITH EVERYONE. THERE ARE SO MANY VIDEOS NOW--I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO LOAD A PIC.,LET ALONE DO A VIDEO. I REALLY ENJOY SOME BUT NO ONE TALKS ANYMORE REALLY JUST VIDEOS, BUT I DID SEE THE NEW EMOTICONS.(RIGHT WORD?)

jOEY IS GOING TO MY OTHER dd'S TONITE, I MIGHT GO, WE'LL SEE, I WISH I COULD TOLERATE HER HUSBAND MORE, IHAVE TO BE IN A REALLY GOOD MOOD AND NICKY (MY COUSIN) HAS TO BE THERE ND HE' LIKE ME WE CAN SAY WE'RE COMING BUT THEN DON'T SHOW UP, HE NEEDS BOTH KNEES FIXED SO HE'S A MESS, BUT AS U KNOW WE STILL HAVE A GOOD TIME WHEN WE'RE TOGETHER, SO I'LL SEE LATER HOW THINGS ARE GOING.

WEATHER IS PRETTY GOOD HERE FOR THE WEEKEND SO THAT'S A PLUS.

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND, AND I KNOW NM WILL BE SEEING ABOUT HER LEG RIGHT? SO I HOPE HER POST TELLS US IT'SALL TAKEN CARE OF. KIM!!!!!!!!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I DID BUT THESE LINES HAVE SHOWED UP ON MY PUTER.

I LUBS U ALL

• nativemainer
    edited February 2016

Good morning, Loungettes!Getting a very late start this ayem.Hoped to get off work on time last night, ended up working until almost 9 pm.Didn't get to bed until almost midnite.And I'm going on call at 8 ayem tomorrow ayem.BUT, this will be the last time I have to cover the weekend on a regular basis, the new weekend nurse starts next weekend!I've been training him and he is going to be great at the job.Next week is the last week we have to work on 2 documentation systems, too.We switch over completely to the new one on March 1st.Of course I am so far behind with documentation stuff that I am going to need to work most of this afternoon to ketchup.But I did sleep in bed as long as Sadie would let me (6:30) and then snoozed in the recliner until almost 10.So now I need to get caffeinated and breakfasted and get to work.

Jazzy--Ah, a soak in the hot tub, I do so miss my hot tub!Wrangling 3 docs?Do you manage to get anything accomplished?If so you have a real talent for managing docs!A Jazz experience birthday sounds like fun!

Cammy--The knee is still bothersome, and work is still crazy, so I haven't gotten anywhere yet.Monday I'll call my doc and make an appointment, that will force me to take the time off to get it looked at, even if it will mean multiple appointments rather than just one and take a lot longer.Hope you have a good time with the DD and fam.Don't you love the way computers do random things for no reason?

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD

Bukhara Coffee Drink

1 oz Seagram's Vanilla Vodka

3/4 oz Irish Cream

1/2 oz Creme de Cacao

1 cup (hot) Coffee

1 oz Whipping Cream

Directions

Stir the vodka, Bailey's Irish Cream and creme de cacao in a large preheated mug. Pour into boiling hot coffee, top with whipped cream, and serve.

Dara's version:substitute Jack Daniels for the Vanilla Vodka

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2016

Good morning ladies- I survived the week and getting ready to do some errands today, and a trip later to the spa. Boy do I need it after this week.

NM- sounds like you have been busy and working like me lately, too much. I hope you get a chance to slow down and take care of yourself. I think you need a spa trip too?

Cami- I bet you will miss Joey with his visit to other DD. I don't get along sometimes with people who married in to our family. My brother's widow is a piece of work, but we don't really keep in touch. Same planet, different worlds, ya know? Does he have any concerts coming up?

Gotta get to my day, places to go, people to see. Wishing you all a good weekend.

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited February 2016

good morning ! been so lazy on my days off,it was crazy in my greeter spot this week ,we close at 7pm but people turn up at 658pm and still after to be seen, there were 28 people on thursday night to be seen when i left at 730pm ,can;t do ot on light duty!

hsant you make me so jealous reading your posts ! and hungryHappy

jazzy i'm with you ,my time home is so short and is my vacation so i don;t want to spend it rushing round trying to see everybody

nm-nagging time at least with my arm i can try and limit the weight i put on my shoulder but your knee is carrying you around get it checked out soon,saying that this week this old guy staggers up to the desk with is cane is wobbling away so i;m holding on to him with my good arm across the desk and the person who brought him in just walks past and sits down! we got him in a chair i went to the person who brought him in and asked if she could push him up to the desk when it was his turn to be registered and she said no it was too much for herShocked

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

HI AGAIN.

OH U LADIES HAVE REALLY HAD A WEEK OF WORK AND THAT'S TOUGH. I DO REMEMBER FEELING NUMB SOMETIMES WHEN I GOT HOME FROM WORK AND GOING BACK THE NEXT DAY AND DOING THE SAME THING, MY JOB COULD NEVER COMPARE TO HOW HARD U GALS HAVE IT, BUT IT WAS ALWAYS JUST SO MANY PEOPLE AND THEY WOULD BE OUT THE DOOR DOWN THE BLOCK, AND I WOULD TELL EVERYONE JUST KEEP U'R HEAD DOWN AND DON'T LOOK OR WE'D ALL FAINT. SO I CAN SEE HOW U'D APPRECIATE THE WEEKEND AND DOWN TIME.

NM U'D BETTER CALL THE DR. I KNOW U'R WAITING FOR IT TO BE FINE, BUT OH, JUST DO IT . PLEEEEEEZE.

JULIE WAS THE PERSON WHO WOULDN'T HELP THE OLDER PERSON OLD TOO OR JUST NOT NICE. I CAN'T IMAGINE SOMEONE JUST LEAVING ANYONE THAT LOOKS FEEBLY ALONE. AND U'R HELPING THEM AND ON LIGHT DUTY. THERE'S NOTHING LIGHT ABOUT WHAT U DO.

AND JAZZY MY OLDER DD HAS ON OCCASION WORKED FROM HOME ND SHE HAS SAID IT'S NOT THAT EASY, JUST MEANS SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO GET DRESSED. AND KNOW UR WORK IS DIFFICULT, U STILL HAVE PEOPLETO ANSWER TO AND DEADLINES AND U'R THE ONLY ONE DOING IT.

I DON'T THINK IT'S AS WARM AS THEY SAID IT WOULD BE, I'M FREEZING WRAPPED UP LIKE A BURRITO IN LAYERS. OH JEEZ WHEN U GALS WERE TALKING ABOUT ALLERGIES NOW, I JUST DIDN'T UNDERSTAND WHY U WERE SO AFFECTED BY "JUPITER" (THAT'S HOW I KEPT ON READING IT) SO I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING, NOW I KNOW, AAND IT MUST BE TERRIBLE TO HAVE ALL THIS POLLEN IN THE AIR FOR U GALS. I KNOW THERE ARE THINGS U COULD TAKE, BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD THEY ARE WHEN U GET THAT BAD, OR IF ANYTHING INTERFERES WITH WHAT MEDS U DO TAKE. I IMAGINE THIS GOES ON FOR A WHILE TOO.

OH DID ANYONE READ ABOUT THE NEW FINDINGS IF U TAKE LIKE PREVACID OR ANY OF THE MEDS FOR 24HR RELIEF FOR HEARTBURN? NOW THEY ARE SAYING TAKING IT DAILY CAN CAUSE EARLY DIMENTIA---WTF--MY SISTER TOLD ME AND WE WERE LOLING, NOW WE REALLY DON'T HAVE A CHANCE FOR ANY MEMORY. THIS IS ALL CRAZY. WE ARE ALL WALKING POISON CENTERS FOR SOMETHING. IT'S AMAZING THAT ANY OF OUR BLOOD TESTS CAN COME OUT 1/2 WAY NORMAL.

OK I'LL CATCH U LATER, BTW I HAVE SOME PAIN TODAY SO I'M SAYING SOME STUPID STUFF I KNOW, SO I'M BLABBERING.

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2016

Hi ladies- I am back from the spa and going to take a short walk in about 10 minutes. I think I told you (or know I have shared it somewhere here) that I have sore feet from taking the A1 drugs. I had some issues with plantars faciitis back in early 2012 before my dx, but then the drying out of the tendons in my body made my feet a nightmare. I had a massage therapist for years, but she closed her business last year. Now I have "Jered" who works on my feet and is very good. Today he just worked for an hour on my lower legs and feet, and did a combo of ice and heat. Boy do they feel better! I will go see him again in April!

Cami- I work at home some of the time, but usually have to be on site with the project work I do for this client. Lots of visibility to the top on this project. I do well there with the business side, the IT side always gives me crap. I let that go when I left yesterday as it is the only way to survive these projects.

I am sorry you have pain today dear. I hope you get some relief?

Juliet- I learned not once but twice when you move away from where you grow up, it is YOUR job to visit everyone. I don't know why people think that either? No one is beholden to anyone with the visiting stuff? I have had the same experience with friends I lived around in TX when I moved back home from grad school. I have a good friend that lives in Fort Worth who expects me to visit her all the time. One year, I was working very close to where they live, and was there three evenings a week for a year, but rarely saw her because she was too busy. So I just will say I don't get people sometimes! I tell myself it is just other people's expectations. That is why is good to tell people later, much MUCH later

• nativemainer
    edited February 2016

Good morning, Loungettes!Happy Sunday ayem.Working on getting properly caffeinated for the day's work, which includes lots and lots of computer work.I didn't do anything related to work yesterday, except plug in the tablet and phone to charge.So, a good day to keep the coffee coming.

Jazzy--a spa trip would be lovely, I should look into what's available around here.I know the work front will improve dramatically after this coming week, when the new system goes live and the old system goes dead.May it rest in peace, forever forgotten and never missed!

Julie--Amazing how people will show up at the last minute like that!Yes, I need to be nagged.Nagging accepted.Action to be taken on Monday.And the person with that old man is a miserable Biotch!I mean, really?Too much to push a wheelchair, but she can drive?Shaking my head.

Cammy--yes, I will call or make time to go to walk in care tomorrow.Oh Lordy, another side effect of heartburn meds!I take one for reflux--have terrible burning heartburn if I don't take it every day, I know it puts me at risk for osteoporosis, and now early dementia?That's it, I officially give up trying to avoid dementia and now embrace it as my new excuse for everything!"Oops, I forgot, blame it on Prilosec brain!"

Jazzy--a good massage therapist is a real find!

Looking for the Sunday Brunch layout by the Tenders and Wenches.Where's the coffee?

Southern Russian Jack Drink Recipe Ingredients

2 shot Southern Comfort

2 shot Vodka

2 shot Jack Daniels

splash (Add To Taste) Coca Cola

Directions

begin by pouring out two shots of southern comfort, your vodka of choice and jack daniels. The shots are added to the drinking glass in three rounds, in each round you add two shots simultaneously. Begin by pouring a shot of vodka and jack daniels into the glass. Then pour the remaining jack daniels shot in with one southern comfort. Then add in the final vodka and southern comfort. Stir, then add coke if desired.

• heidi s
    heidi s Member Posts: 398
    edited February 2016

Good morning! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. It's going to be 62 degrees here today, and I'm jonesing to get out of the house and enjoy this weather. I'm waiting for my dad to get dressed, so I can make him breakfast and we can skedaddle. Nothing exciting planned (gym and whole foods), but it's very unusual to have this kind of weather in Cleveland at this time of the year.

We went out for a really lovely dinner last night. I had a perfect extra dry, Grey Goose martini, with blue cheese stuffed olives. It was delish.

Native, I'm so happy that you're going to schedule an appointment with your doc. tomorrow. Your knee sounds extremely painful. It doesn't seem like your getting much of a weekend, but this situation is short term?

Jazzy, you're in a tough spot with respect to your trip to NY. I hope your other sis and her partner will keep your trip hush, but I understand that's a difficult thing to do. Your feet and leg treatment sounds amazing!

Cami, I'm not a fan of the new options on FB. you can now, like or love a post?? What if you choose "like" and that person is offended that you didn't choose "love"? Plus all the other emoji options give me a headache. I was very happy with just the "like" option. Did you end up going to your DD's house yesterday?

Juliet, IMO, days off should be spent in a lazy manner. If you don't mind me asking, what is your work/career?

Genny, I would be shocked if your DH wasn't on the golf course today.

well, now we're ready to roll! Wishing everyone a happy Sunday

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2016

Hsant- I already told myself my job is to not say anything to folks, and if the other two blab away, not my problem. My party line is I have a short period of time off for the vacation and cannot add any extra days on for additional visits.

Trust me, I play the self-employed-can't-take-much-time-off card all the time. That is true, but especially true when others have some sort of agenda for me! Happy

I am watching the Love Boat reruns on MeTV and always think of you ladies here who did the cruise! I have to say I love watching the old sitcoms and series from the 50s-70s. Back when TV was light and funny! I watched a great re-run of I Love Lucy today with John Wayne too!

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

LOL JAZZY, THE ONE WITH HIS FOOTPRINTS???? I'M A BIG FAN OF RERUNS TOO LATE AT NITE, I WANT TO HEAR LAUGHTER TO RELAAX ME AND I HEAR MYSELF LOLING TOO SOMETIMES. ND U'RNOTJUST BLUFFING WHEN U SAY HOW BUSY U ARE, U'R EITHER OUT SCOUTING OR WORKING, I KNOW.

HSANT HOW LONG HAVE U BEEN IN CLEVELAND? U ACTUALLY LIVE IN CA RIGHT.? THAT'S A LONG TIME.I HOPE U HAD A GOOD OUT ING TODAY. I'M STILL FREEZING AS USUAL.

NM I HOPE U'R LEG HAS BEEN UP ALL DAY AT LEAST.

MY DAY WAS QUIET WITH JOEY AND I DEBATING OVER A BOOK THIS AFTERNOON. WAAAYYYYY.

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2016

Cami- yes indeed, I was just LMFAO! I loved the ones they did when they moved to CA for Ricky to film the movie and all the trouble Lucy would get in with the movie stars. Remember the Bill Holden one? Just so funny. Lucille Ball was just brilliant.

Interesting factoid about Albuquerque where I live, and about Vivian Vance (may have shared this a few years ago when it was happening). Vivan (aka Ethel) lived here for awhile after she moved from OK where she was from, and she started the ABQ Little Theater, which is still going today! The local fine arts museum had a lovely exhibit of her story and some of her artifacts from the show a couple summers ago and found it to be so sweet. As a huge fan of the I Love Lucy Show, I had to go! I loved that whole cast, and thought Fred and Ethel were a hoot. Today I was noticing how beautiful the clothing was on the show that both the women wore.

Okay ladies, off to meditation and yoga. Ohmm.......

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

oH JAZZY I WATCHED THAT SHOW FROM THE VERY BEGINNING AND SHE WAS PREGNANT AND THEY COULDN'T SAY THAT WORD AND I STILL REMEMBER ASKING MY MOM WHEN IS SHE GETTING THE BABY, WHY DON'T THEY JUST GET IT? THOSE DAYS WERE ALL CENSORED EVEN IN THE HOME. LOL

WELL OF COURSE I JUST WOKE UP MY LEG WAS HURTING SO BADLY AND THEN I HAD TO PEE ND AS I'M TRYING TO WALK AND DRAG MY LEG THE SILLY CAT SHOWS UP AND OF COURSE THINKS I'M PLAYING WITH HER SO SHE'S TRYING TO CATCH MY FOOT HAVING A BALL AND I'M TRYING TO BE QUIET. SHE HAS TO BE IN THE BATHROOM WITH ME ANY TIME OF THE DY OR NITE. AND THAT'S A LOT SOMETIMES. SILLY CAT.

OK THAT'S MY EXCITING NITE, I HOPE TO GO BACK TO SLEEP, BUT THAT'LL PROBABLY HAPPEN ABOUT 6AM.

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

• nativemainer
    edited February 2016

Good morning, Loungettes!Yesterday was the usual frustrating on call day, ended up working another long day.Fortunately there weren't any calls overnight.I've still got to go in a bit early and work on this week's visit schedule (which should have been done last Wed), but maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to get done close to 5 peeyem.We shall see.

Hsant--hope you got out in the nice 62 degree weather!Nice to have this time of year, isn't it?The knee isn't very painful, but is sore and uncomfortable.The weekend situation is short term, the new weekend nurse starts this coming weekend!

Jazzy--the self-employed-can't-take-much-time-off card is a great one to play, good for you!I like the reruns of some of those old shows, too.Like you say, light-hearted, no blood, guts and gore, and true suspense in the scary ones, true comedy in the funny ones.

Cammy--what book were you and Joey debating about?

Jazzy--the clothes women wore in the old shows were very elegant and pretty, so different from today!

Cammy--I remember when they couldn't say "pregnant", they had to say "in the family way" and they always put such emphasis on the phrase.Neat trick for a couple that slept in separate twin beds!

Dog Piss

4 oz Southern Comfort

12 oz Beer

3 oz Vodka

Directions

Dump the ingredients into a container and stir it. It's very simple and very delicious.

Feel free to substitute (or add) Jack Daniels

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited February 2016

Nice & warm both weekend days.Unfortunately, got a call 2 hrs before I was to leave to do Saturday night's house concert--host said that of the more than a dozen reservations, all but two had to cancel during the week because of this crummy bug that's going around. (Even Bob is coughing and hacking after catching it from his patients). So once again the concert got cancelled--tentatively till June. I'm getting so antsy to perform I might even go to an open mic just so people know I'm still "alive & picking."

Cami, I only had a couple of eminent domain cases in DuPage about 20 years ago--all I remember was that it was a nice new courthouse and they made us get photos for the back of our law license (aka ARDC) cards.

Last night's Oscar party at B'way Cellars was fun--but I ate and drank way too much--we shared a half price bottle of cava, and then they topped up our glasses with champagne. Bob actually tied for first place in the prediction contest, but lost the tiebreaker by guessing too late an end-time. Had he listened to me he'd have nailed it. But he won once, his name is on the "Oscar Wiener" in Sharpie for all time. When we walked home, it was in the low 30s and windy--so at least we burned off some of those calories trying to get home before freezing.

Tues. is gonna be a mess: "Chicago Fire" is filming the season finale a block from me, and B'way will be closed for 12 hrs from my block to 1/4 mi away. It's also supposed to snow, I have to go to my final LE therapy session, and Best Buy is coming to replace Gordy's TV (which is 12 yrs old and has begun shutting itself off every few minutes). Thank goodness for alleys.

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2016

Cami- I fell asleep with the TV on and watching another one this morning of I Love Lucy! I can't get enough! Oh wait, now the Brady Bunch, LOL!

I am sorry about the pain in your leg. Those cats and the bathroom. My sister has cats and they always follow me in to the bathroom, the dog too. Are they thinking they are going to miss something good while you are in there taking care of biz?

ChiSandy- how fun, an Oscars party. I caught some of it after I got home from yoga class last night. I saw Spotlight in the theater and thought it was one of the best movies I have seen in years. Mark Ruffalo was amazing and was disappointed he lost, but really surprised the movie won for the best film. I have to say I did not see that one coming, but very pleased!

Off to work in awhile. Have a great week ladies and will pop in when I can!

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

GOOD MORNING LADIES-----WELL I CALL U LADIES AT LEAST ONCE A DAY,THEN ANYTHING GOES.

NM I THOUGHT THE NEW NURSE STARTED THIS LAST WEEKEND, SO U REALLY GOT SOCKED WITH WORK--I'M SORRY ESPECIALLY FOR U'R LEG. wHAT A NAME FOR THE DOTD, READING IT SOUNDS OK, BUT I WOULDN'T ORDER IT.

AHHH I NEVER WATCHED THE OSCARS, I ACTUALLY FORGOT BUT I DIDN'T SEE ANY MOVIES ANYWAY SO I DON'T GUESS LIKE I USED TO.

SANDY THAT SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN GOING TO AN OSCAR PARTY, WELL THE DRINKING SOUNDS LIKE IT TOO. I'M SORRY U HAVE LE, DO U WEAR COMPRESSION ? I HOPE THEY CAN HELP U.

JAZZY I LOVE LUCY IS ON ALL THE TIME SO ANY TIME OF DAY U CAN FIND IT IF U WANT.

WELL WARMISH TODAY AND SNOW STARTING TONITE. SO WE'LL SEE.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited February 2016

on my phone so not saying anything other than sue and I are having a ball. image

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited February 2016

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited February 2016

You guys look so cute!!! So pretty and Happy!

I'll be there next week Sue! We land on the 6th. Bummer I will miss Lori Bawling Let me know what your schedule looks like though!! MUAHHH

Hello to everyone!! I have been super busy so just never stop to post. Shame on me. Someone send a Tender to deal with that!

LUBS and HUGZ!!

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

OH I LUBS THE PICS. U GUYS ARE SO ADORABLE. AND I'M SURE U HAVE BEEN HAVING A BALL----GOOD FOR BOTH OF U.

4 U'LL BE THERE NEXT WEEK, HOLY CHIT U GALS RE REALLY TRAVELING.

OH THE BOOK JOEY AND I WERE DEBATING, CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME AT ALL BUT IT WAS HISTORICAL FICTION. NOW IT WAS SET IN THE 60'S SO I LIVED THRU THIS, THAT'S WHAT WE WERE DEBATING, CUZ I DIDN'T EVEN THINK THE HISTORY WAS ACCURATE--SO HE'SGOING BY THE BOOK AND I'M TELLING HIM HOW IT REALLY HAPPENED. I SOUNDED LIKE MY DAD.

OK I LUBS U ALL

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

• nativemainer
    edited March 2016

Good morning, Loungettes!Today should be an interesting day at work.We have a big team meeting every other week that happens today, lots of prep work for it, and it did not go well in the new charting system.The company folks here to teach us the system don't know exactly what went wrong or how to fix it, and Medicare requires this meeting happen tomorrow and all the signatures get collected.None of this is on paper now.Everyone has to sign before the doctor can sign, and he signs during the meeting. Out of 120 patients half didn't process properly. All this didn't come to light until quarter of four yesterday afternoon.The software company folks left promptly at 5.One of the clinical managers was in tears at 6 trying to fix it all.Today is also the day wedrop the old system and go entirely with the new one, and from what I've gathered there are some serious problems popping up.Like I said, should be an interesting day today.

Chi--so sorry to hear about the concert being cancelled.That must be so disappointing.The Oscar party sounds like it was a lot of fun!Low 30's and windy, you must have burned off a lot of calories just keeping your body temps normal!At least that's my thought.Sounds like the filming will create some havoc for your area.Do you get to watch any of it?

Jazzy--what is it with animals and supervising bathroom trips?I keep telling Sadie I know how to potty and am a big hooman and don't need supervision but she won't let me go alone.She will let me take a shower by myself, though!

Cammy--the new weekend nurse will start this coming weekend, hopefully, still need to get some stuff done before he has everything he needs, but at least I am done with that for now.

Goldie--LOL!:)

4--I'm sending Pants to paddle your pants for not visiting the Lounge!

Cammy--what a great thing for Joey to be able to hear about the history from someone who was really there!

Jazzy--Maxine has a good question!

Leap Year Drink

1/2 oz Grand Marnier

2 oz Gin

1/2 oz Sweet Vermouth

1/4 oz Lemon Juice

Directions

Shake with cracked ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a lemon or orange twist.

Best served in a Cocktail Glass.

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

NM- wow about your system problems. Having done a lot of new implementations, upgrades, etc., having poor go live support is one of the worst things a software company can do to an organization. The problem so often with software companies these days is they hire really young (like right out of college) and then throw them on the projects and for go live support. Without a seasoned professional to triage the problems that will happen regardless of how much you plan and test and all the rest, you can find yourself in a bad place.

And leaving at 5 p.m.? We gave you a broken system and need to go have some dinner? Really unprofessional. I hope your organization is looking at it's contract with them. If they can't fix it, sounds like they need to back it out and give you your old system back. How frustrating! I hope things get worked out on this. Hugs sister, I know how hard bad installs can be on the end users (and their patients....)

Your Leap Year drink looks yummy too. I love Grand Marnier, so my kinda cocktail!

Cami- do you have MeTV? It is out of Chicago, but on my Xfiniity cable and it has all the old reruns. Find it if you can! I have seen them running I Love Lucy a couple times a day.

I have never been a big TV watcher, but love movies. When I went through my healthcare issues four years ago, HBO became my new best friend. Still a big fan, love the movies there and also some of their mini series.

Got an invoice to type up to submit to my client this morning before I head in. Mo money, as I like to say. Just in time to pay some taxes! LOL!

Happy March friends!