Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited February 2016

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited February 2016

Cami, you're darn tootin I'll take a break if I need it. The SE's of these FU pills are not fun. The thing to me that is so strange is that I have no signs of cancer, other than scans and labs. I feel fine, no pain. I think I have mentioned this before. My husband has nice writing, but he prints, not cursive.

Jazzy, good point about using computers so much these days. Come to think of it, I hardly ever write. A birthday card, or when I was answering phones for our business, of course I had to write then, taking orders and such. I too print and hardly ever use cursive.

Sandy, I had to chuckle that in the middle of discussing your skin and lotions and such, you mention Cami's D, then carried on with the skin.

OMG Jazzy, where would someone get that cocktail, and WHY???? Lets see, I see a burger, chicken, fries, bacon, asparagus, hot peppers, celery, olives, shrimp, okra, lime and lemon! Did I miss anything? Oh the cocktail! And I see something white, pretty much center. Pearl onion?

Not much going on here. Weather is dorgeous, just working on websites. Leaving next week for CA and then on to Vegas and seeing my LDB!

NM, I hope you are sleeping in and enjoying every minute of it. You won't need to find a DOTD, I think for a week!

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2016

Goldie- it's from some bar in Texas. The jalapeno gives you that clue!

I call it drinks and snacks all rolled into one! Personally, I would like the shrimp in the front, maybe the asparagus too?

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited February 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Had a lovely sleep in all cuddled up with Sadie.Got up to more snow, another inch and a quarter, but the temp is already above freezing and supposed to get into the 40's so it will all go away.Was hoping to hang some laundry out on the line, but I guess hanging it on the rack will be the way to go today.

Jazzy--You are way better than I am at sticking to a drink budget!

Goldie--I hear you about the crazy weather, it's like that here, too.Gotta love the weather for keeping things interesting!I hope you don't lose your fruit this season.That must suck when it happens.What kind of lotion do you use on your hands?Anything special?And the lab messed up one of the TMs?Good grief, Charlie Brown, how annoying!But if you are getting checked every 6 weeks it makes sense to wait for the next cycle.Are you thinking about taking a 2 week break?

Cammy--I would like to leave the house alone this weekend, but there are places that are starting to smell, so I NEED to do some stuff!But I am going to keep it to a minimum and try to keep my knee elevated, the one that I fell on just before the cruise.It's getting swollen again, and yesterday the entire lower leg was slightly swollen.And it's still sore to touch and go up and down stairs.I may have to give in and get it looked at.Why would a teacher give you a failing grade for beautiful handwriting?That seems awfully mean to me.And actually, you do make sense re: kryptonite and the "D".

Jazzy--I've heard they have stopped teaching cursive writing in schools.If it';s true I think that is sad, can you imagine a whole generation of people who can't read original documents like the Constitution and Declaration of Independence?Soon we'll be back to the days of people making a mark on documents instead of signing their name.

Chi--I still use fountain pens, inks and seals for Christmas cards!I also have a fairly good collection of pens and nibs for calligraphy.Don't do a lot of it recently, need to get back to that. It can be very fun and relaxing!Why does everything have to have perfume in it these days?Makes using more than product at a time dangerous, not to mention triggering the wheezies.Oh my, my mouth is just watering!

Goldie--I did have a lovely sleep in, thank you!

Jazzy--what is in the liquid portion of that drink/snack/meal/monstrosity?????

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD:

Jazzy's Mystery Meal in a Glass!

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2016

NM- some yummy kind of Blood Mary?

I am going to a fundraiser for a few hours today but won't drink. Perrier is sometimes my best friend!

• goldie0827
    edited February 2016

NM, not liking the sound of your leg, especially since it was quite some time ago. I think getting it checked should be in order. Please take it easy. As for my hands, I have...

Jergens lotion with shea butter

Jergens lotion with C, E and B5

Coconut oil

Bag balm

Udderly smooth with Urea

and Olive oil

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited February 2016

GOOD MORNING U SILLY LADIES.

JAZZY U'R 100% RIGHT. tHAT HAS TO BE A REASON,wHEN i WENT TO SCHOOL, (CATHOLIC) EVERYONE USED TO THINK THAT'S ALL WE TALKED ABOUT, BUT ACTUALLY IT WAS THE SHORTEST CLASS WE HAD. tHOSE NUNS WERE CRAZY ABOUT ENGLISH, MATH AND PENMANSHIP MORE THAN ANYTHING. NO COMP. THEN. THEY WERE MORE DTRICT WITH THOSE THINGS THAN RELIGION. AND OFCOURSE U NEVER LET A BOY HOLD U'R HAND UNTIL U'R MARRIED, SO WE DIDN'T JUST KISSED. U AND SANDY RE SO INTERESTING TALKING ABOUT WINE AND WHAT GOES WITH IT. MY ONE BROTHER WAS LIKE THAT. HE'S TALK ABOUT GOLF, WINE AND TRIED NEVER TO TALK ABOUT LAW UNLESS WE ASKED, BUT HE'S ALWAYS HAD A STORY THAT WAS FUNNY WITH THEM. i MISS HIM.

LORI U'R METS SOUND SO MUCH LIKE MY SISTERS, SHE SAYS SHE'S REALLY NOT IN PAIN (8 YRS NOW) HER KNEE ISN'T GOOD BUT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CANCER AND SHE WORKED FULL TIME TIL SHE WAS 75 SO I'M SO IN A GOOD PLACE WITH U'RS TOO.MAYBE CUZ IT DOES SOUND LIKE HOW MY SISTER HAS IT. AND SHE STILL DOES A LOT.

SANDY I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND DIFFERENT DRS. TOO AND NO ONE CAN FIGURE THIS OUT, IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE WHAT I EAST I HAVE D A LOT. I HAD IT ALREADY THIS MORNING AND I WANT TO GO OUT TO LUNCH TOMORROW WITH MY COUSIN AND A BUNCH OF HER FAMILY AND OF COURSE NICKY, I COULDN'T GO LAST TIME, ITS THE GREEK ISLE THAT WE'RE PLANNING ON, WELL WE'LL SEE.

MARTY AND LESLIE WENT OUT BY THEIR FRIENDS LAST NITE AND DECIDED TO JUST SLEEP OVER SO JOEY AND I HAD THE HOUSE TO OURSELVES, WHICH WE ENJOY, SO WE WATCHED A SCARY MOVIE--WHICH WAS STUPID BUT WE KEPT IT ON AND CUDDLED FOR ABOUT A 1/2 HR THEN HE WENT TO BED, HE'S SUCH A WIMP BUTHE'S STILL MYBABY.

OH I'M BLABBERING AGAIN, I THOUGHT TODAY WAS SUNDAY, BUT YEA IT'S ONLY SATURDAY, THAT'S A NICE SURPRISE. OH DID NY OF U GALS HAVE THE WIND YESTERDAY? OMG THEY HAD TO CLOSE ROADS ND DOWNTOWN HAD TO CLOSE THE UPPER FLOORS OF BLDGS. AND STUFF ALL OVER THE PLACE. ok DONE WITH THE WEATHER REPORT.

LORI I CAN MAKE THE PAGE LARGER BUT THIS PUTER IS SO SMSLL, THAT ALL U SEE IS 1/2 A PAGE. LOL

SANDY I', GLAD ALL TURNED OUT WELL BUT I HAD TO LAUGH THAT U HAAD TO WASH EVERYTHING OFF LOL

I LUBS U ALL

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited February 2016

good afternoon all

chi your in charge of the wine in the lounge! that sounded wonderful a wine tasting trip sounds good right about now with jazzy's drink/snack as a bedtime snack

nm-i think its time to bite the bullet and get that knee checked out, its >3 weeks and increased swelling ,don't make me come up there

cammi the only thing thats going to work for you is a large cork!

lori glad no pain and good news from the docs enjoy your time with LBD

well right now i'm acting as a greeter at a walkin clinic as, when someone pulled on my arm in work she hurt my shoulder and of course its my right one, so its officially strained so can't lift more than 5lb,but yhe good news the mammogram is clear and thanks to physical therapy a lot less scar tissue and so don't have to see the ro until next year

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2016

Juliet- good news on the mammo! My imaging center and BS told me last summer and with my recent films, my scar tissue was better too. I guess I thought once it is there, it is always there? Do you have ultrasounds too each time?

I went to a fundraiser last this afternoon and came away with a couple things from the silent auction. You gals will like this one, a metal sculpture wine holder. The bonus was I got the wine WITH the metal sculpture, which I did not expect. Nice cab. It was a great event and I came home with something fun!

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

HI LADIES

NM U OF ALL PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW TO GET U LEG CHECKED, PLEASE GET TO THIS RIGHT AWAY--NO EXCUSES

JULIE GREAT MAMMO, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW U JUST HURT U'R SHOULDER, WOW U GET MESSED WITH ALOT. I KINDAA LIKE THE IDEA U'R A GREETER THO, ISN'T IT MORE RELAXING FOR U, OR IS IT WORSE? AND WE'RE ALL GOING TO BUG NM NOW.

JAZZY WHAT A FIND AND WITH THE WINE, THAT WAS A NICE FTERNOON FOR U, I ALWAYS ENJOY ALL U'R THINGS THAT U PLAN AND ACTUALLY DO.YOU HAVE SO MANY GREAT INTERESTS THAT U SO ENJOY.

OH JULIE, I'VE ACTUALLY ASKED FOR A BIG CORK, RIGHT NOW I'M ON 2 DIFFERENT SCRIPTS FOR THIS TAKEN SO MANY HOURS APART AND I STILL HAVE IT. NOW I WANT TO GO OUT TOMORROW FOR LUNCH, BUT EVEN IF I DON'T HAVE IT (WHICH I DOUBT) I', SO EXHAUSTED PHYSICALLY GETTING READY IS A BIG CHORE. i'LL TRY IF I CAN THO.

BIG NEWS HERE MARTY STARTS A NEW JOB MONDAY, WE;VE ALL THANKED GOD. IT TOOK 2 WEEKS OF TESTING AAND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND I THOUGHT HOW DOES A PEDOPHILE GET A JANITORS JOB IN A HIGH SCHOOL? I TOLD U I WATCH TO MANY CRIME SHOWS. WE DIDN'T WORRY ABOUT THAT THO, HE'S BEEN PRETTY GOOD ALL OF HIS LIFE.

OK I CAN GO ON AND ON ABOUT TODAY, BUT I'LL STOP CUZ

I LUBS U ALL

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited February 2016

Jazzy, nice catch! (The wine holder looks almost like it’s going to drink that wine if you don’t first)! And the only thing that would make that "Violently-Exsanguinating Mary” any scarier would be if Guy Fieri were serving it! (Oh, great, now I’m gonna have nightmares).

NM, speaking as someone who’s blown out her knees many times, get thee to an orthopedist (or at least an immediate-care center with an X-ray machine). Ace-wrap or neoprene-sleeve it before you go, use a cane, and DON’T drive if you have to use that foot on any of the pedals. I’ve trashed my L ACL (twice) and medial & lateral meniscii (both knees) before I finally gave in and “went bionic” (should’ve done it years sooner).

Cami, it’s literally been years since I went to Greek Isles. (I actually like Santorini or Pegasus better--Santorini has free parking and because it’s at the S. end of Greektown, the tourists never discovered it so it’s a short wait--if at all--for a table. Pegasus has a great rooftop in the summer). Hope your innards can calm down long enough for you to enjoy a dinner out. Gonna say a “binding” prayer for you tonight!

Tonight was surf & turf--sauteed some soft-shell crabs (my fave way to eat them is battered & fried on a French bread roll, Baltimore style--but too carby now), nuked a sweet potato, marinated & grilled some asparagus and had some BBQ brisket from Mariano’s. Seltzer with lime for the crab & asparagus, and a couple of oz. of Kirkland Sonoma Old Vine Zin from Costco for the “turf."

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

OH BTW I HAVEN'T DONE MY TAXES YET. I'M SO BAD--I HAVE THE FAX NO. SO OF COURSE I KEEP PUTTING IT OFF, BUT SOMEHOW I WILL DO THEM IN THE NEXT 2 DAYS, WELL I'D BETTER

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

• heidi s
    heidi s Member Posts: 398
    edited February 2016

Liquor.com's Moscow Mule

MOSCOW MULE COCKTAIL

2 oz Smirnoff Vodka

1 oz Fresh lime juice

1.5 oz Ginger syrup*

4 oz Club soda

Add the vodka, lime juice and ginger syrup to a shaker and fill with ice. Shake, and strain into a mule mug or Collins glass filled with fresh ice. Top with club soda and mound crushed ice over the top of the drink.

• nativemainer
    edited February 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Lovely sunny ayem here, most of the snow is melted and it smells like spring.You know, that musty, moldy, everything wet smell?I almost expect to hear peepers in the evenings.

Jazzy--Perrier can be a good drink all by itself.

Goldie--I'll probably have my knee looked at soon, it does seem like it should be getting better by now.But, I do have arthritis in my knees and that often flares up when the weather is changeable like it has been lately, and I don't want to get another "you're getting older and need to expect some aches and pains" and "if you lost weight you wouldn't have knee problems" lecture.That's quite a list of lotions for your hands.Do they help at all?

Cammy--scary movies can be fun!I'm watching the old Kolchak the Night Stalker episodes, with Darren McGavin and Simon Oakland.Rather dated --he uses a real typewriter and a cassette recorder and a cameral with flash cubes--but still good with the suspense and occasional jumps.Sometime I think the older shows are actually scarier, the depend less on blood, guts and gore and create more suspense and real fear.Didn't get much wind here, but I'm sure we will soon enough. Been a very windy winter.

Julie--HOORAY for clear mammogram!It has been more than 3 weeks, hasn't it?OK, I'll stop in one of the Walk In Care clinics when I have some down time this week.And if I get the "lose wgt" or "getting older" lecture I'm going to blame YOU!You've got a strained shoulder?Ouch.Working sure can be hard on the body.

Jazzy--that is one very cool wine holder!

Cammy--OK to you, too, I'll get the knee looked at this week.Great news about Marty's job, so happy for him!

Chi--Hmmm, after reading your post I realized the knee started getting worse after getting my Jeep back, which is a standard.The loaner was an automatic.No left leg use.I know I'm going to have to go bionic some day, but I'm hoping to do like my mom did and wait until Medicare will pay for it.I can't really afford to take a lot of time off work, don't have enough time off built up for more than a couple of weeks off and I know from experience that getting short and long term disability to come through is a royal pain in the buttocks.I have ben icing it, though.Nice dinner!

Cammy--I haven't done my taxes, either.We really need to get our acts together!

Hsant--Love the Moscow Mule recipe!I wonder why it's supposed to be served in a copper mug?

Hsant's Moscow Mule!

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2016

Good morning ladies!

NM- I wanted to say I agree with the ladies here it would be good to get that leg checked out. Hopefully you are nothing more than a bruise, but if it has been lasting this long, my guess here is that you have a hairline fracture. The same thing happened to my mom years ago with a fall and swelling and that turned out to be her problem. Wishing you better days sister!

Chi- I love the Greek islands and was there over a long time ago, but such pleasant memories from my time there and in Athens. I am praying too for Cami she can get out for something tasty to eat! Stay away darned D......

Cami- don't worry girlfriend, you have lots of time for taxes still. I am working on mine today as well for my business and myself. I a tax planner I do for my accountant and he does the rest. Gotta get busy with this today myself!

Hsant- the wine I got with my fun little wine holder from the event is called No Curfew. A blend of Zin, Petite Syrah and Syrah. Something tells me I am going to like this! Do you happen to know this wine? I am going to try to plan a few social gatherings in March and think this one may come out for one of those!

• heidi s
    heidi s Member Posts: 398
    edited February 2016

Good morning. I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. The weather here in Cleveland has been gorgeous the past couple of days. Yesterday, the high was 64 degrees.

Holy Bloody Mary of goodness!! I'll go on record and say that I would absolutely order that in a bar/restaurant. Burger and bloody? Perfect pairing. I'm not a huge fried chicken fan, but I would take one for the team.:)

Cami, who are Marty, Leslie and Joey? I am obviously new to this thread, and would love to know who these people are in your life.

Goldie, how is your amazing, beautiful daughter doing with respect to her divorce? How are you? What are FU pills? I have an idea, but the side effects seem harsh.

If y'all don't mind me asking, what do you do/did with respect to a career? Native is obviously a RN, who specializes in hospice care. It seems like Jazzy may also be an RN, based on some of her posts. I'm just curious. I was a casting director for 20+ years, but now I take care of my dad

• goldie0827
    edited February 2016

Cami, we love your blabbering! Don't ever stop. And I know you have tried so many things for the D, I guess we just wish we could find something that would help. So nice that you and Joey got your own sleepover together. I wonder what he would think if he knew you told that! My lips are zipped, no worries about me! And now you know how to make the page bigger. At least maybe it will help when you get your puter back. I hope you get to go out today. And a huge relief for your family with Marty getting a job. I didn't know he was not working.

Julie LOL on the large cork for Cami. And you are hurt yet again? Dang girl. Your poor arm, I hope it doesn't give you much trouble. Yay for the clear mammo.

Jazzy, great win and to get the wine too! BONANZA BONUS! Wish I could join you for your social gathering.

Great cocktail Hsant, and it has ginger in it. Added bonus for us.

NM, that is a horrible thing for a doctor to say to you, and I'm sure it's hurtful. The lotions are like putting a bandaid on something is not going to heal. It helps with the cracks in my hand. They are very dry and opening and closing the hand stretches those cracks, so the lotion helps with that, but it doesn't cure anything, it's just more a must.

You ladies and your worldly travels. I've never been out of the country, except for Canada. But then again I lived in MI, and you didn't need a passport back then.

Hsant, I'll answer what I can for you. Cami lives with her daughter Leslie, Marty is her husband and Joey is their child (Cami's grandson). My husband and I own our own online business, we sell drip irrigation at www.mrdrip.com. We live on 80 acres off the grid. FU pills are a chemo pill, it's actually referred to as 5-FU. FU is for Flurocil (sp) or something like that. FU is just more fitting. Mary (Genny) cuts hair at a nursing home. Nancy (Collet) does not work due to seizures caused by getting hit by a drunk. Julie is also a nurse and works cardiology. Dara works for a loan company? Cami answers phones for her cousins business that does air conditioning and furnaces. MemaSue is retired. Jazzy does something with computers and networking I believe. Who am I missing?

My daughter has hit a brick wall. No one will give her the address and they also say that the mail in Cambodia is not reliable. Husband may be getting out of prison soon and they will be leaving Cambodia, but nothing has been said to where. She is hoping his girlfriend will give an address so she give the papers to the husband to sign and send them back. She could put an ad in the paper, but she has to go back over to STT (St Thomas) and get permission from the judge. But they say you are suppose to run the ad in a paper where that person lives. Well, she's not going to run an ad in a paper in Cambodia. And you have to run it for 4 weeks. Then another trip over to STT after that. It's just a mess. Might have to wait and let them file. They can send her the papers. I know she would sign and return.

Nice to see the lounge so bizzy on an early Sunday morning. But I think Cami thinks it's Monday. Muah lady!

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2016

Hsant- I work in healthcare IT, meaning I work on large hospital and delivery systems/Electronic Health Record and related systems. I am program/project management type and freelance consultant. I probably sound like an RN because I have a sister who is an MD, and because of the world I live in. I sit with a group of nurse auditors who rattle of clinical speak all day long, so I have learned a lot and my current team includes 4 MDs on my project! I live in the healthcare world and all it's glory (or not?)

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

GOOD MORNING LADIES

NM I KNOW HOW U FEEL, I WILL ACCEPT THE OVEREWEIGHT THING, BUT NOT THE OLDER THING. U KNOW I TALK TO MY SISTER AND COUSIN ALL THE TIME AND WE TALK ABOUT OUR PARENTS , WHICH WE ALL WERE LUCKY TO HAVE SO LONG AND AT THIS STAGE FOR OUR PARENTS THEY WERE IN GREAT SHAPE. NO KNEE PROBLEMS.ALITTLE RA BUT THAT'S IT. MY DAD WAS OVERWEIGHT BUT HE DID DRINK HIS WINE EVERY DAY AND UNTIL HE WENTBLIND ABOUT 85 HE WAS WORKING AND LOVED IT, NO ONE SLOWED DOWN TIL THEY WERE IN THEIR MID 80'S ND STARTED ACTULLY SEEING A DR. UNTIL THEY WERE ROUND 80, MY DAD HAD AA LOT OF CLOSE CALLS BUT CAME OUT AS STRONG AS EVER, THEY WERE NOT OVER MEDICATEDAND IF U REMEMBER MY MOM HAD HER DEBOOBING WHEN SHE WAS IN HER 40'S AND NEVER HAD CHEMO OR TOOK A PILL. SO THIS OLDER THING TO ME IS JUST A WAY TO SSAY WE DON'T KNOW. SORRY FOR THE SOAP BOX.

JAZZY THE NAME OF THAT WINE IS GREAT, THAT WOULD SELL IT FOR SURE.

OH HSANT I GUESS I FIGURE EVERYONE KNOWS, I'M SORRY. MY DD AND SIL AND GRANDSON--WE LIVE TOGETHER=I KNOW IT'S NOT WHAT WAS PLANNED BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS, AAND I'M VERY CLOSE TO MY GS JOEY WHO'S 11. MY DD WAS VERY SICK FOR ABOUT 1 YR WHEN JOEY WAS BORN AND I TOOK FMLA AND HE LIVED WITH ME FROM 2 WEEKS OLD TIL ALMOST 1 YR, SO I THINK THAT WHY WE BONDED SO MUCH. NOW HE ADORES HIS PARENTS FOR GOOD REASON, BUT STILL IF HE DOESN'T FEEL WELL OR HAS A BAD DREAM HE'S IN MY ROOM AND MY OTHER DD LIVES ABOUT 20 MIN. AWAY BUT WORKS FULL TIME FOR AS A LEGAL ASS'T FOR A PARTNER IN A BIG FIRM IN CHIGO. SO I SLEEP OVER THERE ON WEEKEND, MORE IN THE SUMMER WITH JOEY CUZ SHE HAS A DD FROM HER DH'S WHO LIVES WITH THEM AND SHE'S 15 BUT JOEY AND HER GET ALONG GREAT. I WORKED FOR THE STATE FOR MANY YEARS AND NOW I WORK AAT HOME JUST ANSWERING PHONES AND STUFF FOR A SMSLL BUSINESS,BUT I'M NOT GOOD AT ITBUT I'V MANAGED TO FOOLTHEM FOR A FEW YRS NOW..OF COURSE EVERYONE HERE KNOWS I DON'T LIKE MY OTHER SIL BUT NO ONE DOES WE JUST PUT UP WITH HIM FOR MY DD'S SAKE. LOL OK U KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT ME, NOW WHAT DO I KNOW ABOUT U? LOL

WELL SOME D TODAY, OH DO I TAKE A CHANCE OR NOT, I DON'T KNOW YET. I WILL SAY IT'S NOT AS VIOLENT THO JUST COMES OUT HAHAHA

OH AND BTW WAY LADIES MY TAXES ARE FOR 2010 THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE YET, I TOLD U I PUT THINGS OFF. I'M NOT EVEN NEAR 2015 YET. AAFTER AWHILE AFTER MY DD WAS CALLED AND THE GOVERNMENT SAID I PROBABLY NEED TO BE IN A MENTAL INST. I FIGURE THEY REALLY DON'T TAKE ME SERIOUSLY ANYWAY.

OK,I KOW I'M BORING U ALL BUT I'M NERVOUS ABOUT GOING OUT AAND I GET GOOFIER WITH EACH MIN.

I HOPE U ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL SUNDAY-FUNDAY.

I LUBS U ALL

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2016

Cami- now I understand why you and Joey are so close. Your bond is a special one!

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

OMG HSANT HOW DID I DO THIS--U WERE A CASTING DIRECTOR, HOLY CHIT WHAT AN INTERESTING FIELD, THAT MUST HVE BEEN EXCITING, IT SURE SOUNDS LIKE IT WAS.

JAZZY I THOUGHT U KNEW ALL OF THAT PLUS, WHEN WE DIDN;T LIVE TOGETHER HE CALLED ME EVERYNITE AND I'D SING OR TELL HIM A STORY FOR BEDTIME AND HE SPENT EVERY WEEKEND BY MY HOME, WHICH TO HIM IT WAS HIS TOO. LOL.THEY LIVED ABOUT 3 BLOCKS FROM ME.

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2016

Cami- I knew some of it I think? I did not know your DD was ill the first year after his birth. Thank gosh for a wonderful person like you to step in! I do remember you telling me about him calling you every night and know he likes to snuggle with you. I think your relationship is so special.

Oh ladies, I think we are staying at the Waldorf Astoria Towers in a two bedroom suite this fall. We are really going to do this NY thing. I better start saving NOW!

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

OH JAZZY U'VE ALWAYS BEEN SO CUTE, BUT I'M NOT WONDERFUL, I DID WHAT ANYONE WOULD DO. ANYWAY, THE WALDORF??? HOLY CHIT, U'D BETTER TAKE PIC. I'VE ONLY SEEN THAT IN MOVIES ON OCCASION, IT ALWAYS MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I'M THERE FOR A MIN. WHEN U GALS SHARE U'R PICS. IT'S SO MUCH FUN.

BTW I HAVEN'T SEEN OUR BABIES ON HERE LATELY GIRLS GET ON IT.

• nativemainer
    edited February 2016

Good morning, Loungettes!Happy Monday!If I say that loudly enough it will be a happy Monday, right?Still getting up in the dark, but at least it's light by the time I head out the door in the ayems, which is very nice.

Jazzy--I've been wondering if there was a small fracture in that knee, it would explain why it hurtsso much to touch it in a certain area, and the swelling.I'll stop at a walk in care this week when I have a little down time and get it x-rayed.Part of me doesn't want to know for sure what the problem is, cuz then I'd have to do something about it and I do not want any medical stuff going on in my life right now.Crazy, huh?That wine sounds really yummy!

Hsant--That was one humongous Bloody Mary of Goodness, alright! You were a casting director?Sounds interesting.Does your Dad have dementia?It takes a while to get to know who everyone is, hang in there it sorts out.

Goldie--Your poor hands.That has got to just be miserable and painful.What a brick wall for your DD.So crazy.

Cammy--don't apologize for getting up on a soap box, I love it when you do!And it's fair play for me to listen to yours after all of mine you have listened to!Hmm, probably should get those 2010 taxes done soon.Uncle Sam can be very crotchety about not getting his share of our money.And the mental institution that you live in would never be the same after you got done with it!

Jazzy--Waldorf sounds swanky, and such fun!Better send pics!

The Divorce drink

Ingredients:

3 oz Ginger Ale

3 oz Wildberry Schnapps

Directions:

Mix equal parts of Wildberry Schnapps and Ginger Ale. Drink in the back alley in Olympia. This is an awesome drink, so drink it while listening to awesome music (such as The Divorce)

• camillegal
    edited February 2016

GOOD MORNINGLADIES.

OH NM I LIKE THAT DRINK SHORT AND SWEET. LOL. OK U SAID U WILL SEE ABOUT U'R LEG ASAP, BELIEVE ME I DO UNDERSTAND ABOUT NOT WANTING TO KNOW ANYTHING, BUT PLEASE DON'T PUT IT OFF JUST GO. AND U SURE DO SOUND HAPPY SLAPPY THIS MORNING. GOOD ATTITUDE, BUT U DON'T FOOL ME AND I'M NOT GETTING ABOARD YET. I DTSRT FEELING BETTER ON THURSDAYS, FRIDAY EVE.

WOULD U BELIEVE MARTY'S LEG IS ACTING UP TODAY, THE ONE WITH THE SCREWS AND NAILS IN IT, AND ALL HE CAN TAKE IS IBUPROPHIN,NOTHING MORE, OH THE IRISH LUCK OF THIS HE'S 1/2 IRISH.

OK I WILL CHECK IN WHEN MY TAXES ARE DONE AND NOT SOONER, I HOPE THT GIVES ME MOTIVATION---

SO I'LL SEE U LATER,

I LUBS U ALL

• goldie0827
    edited February 2016

Jazzy, yeah for your NY trip with your sister.

NM, I had to chuckle about not wanting anything medical going on. But you know, if you don't get it taken care of, it could end up being a worse situation. But you know that!

Cami, did you get to go out to lunch?

Well not much to comment on, hardly no one checking in. Makes for a boring lounge, that's for sure!

Sad

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2016

Good morning friends- I had a good and productive weekend and gearing up for another busy (but hopefully not crazy) work week. One can only hope, right?

Cami- I made a good first pass at some on my tax planner for my accountant yesterday. I have a question in to him, and some documentation to find, but hopefully will be done by the first weekend.of March. You get that tax work done and hope you get a refund!

Wishing everyone a good week. Will pop in here later on this week when I can come up for air! Happy

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753
    edited February 2016

Afternoon all just got don looking at some new homes. We are thinking of trying to sell our home and ground and building a new home. My co-chair and I for the PPP looked at one venue that was beautiful! It was on the Lucus Oil Estate and it would be a great place to have a fundraiser except they want $65 a head. 😳 Ok....

The Komen Race here will be celebrate 25 years April 16, the Indy 500 celebrates 100 years in May so big parties to be had this Spring in Indy.

Cami have not been shopping for a dress yet but the color I am looking for is Navy. Their colors are Navy, Red and Ivory

My DD is being better her wedding is in 2017

imageI

Just a few at David's Bridal that I like

• goldie0827
    edited February 2016

Just popping in to share some news from Dara. Her daddy has passed away.

I'm sending her so much love, prayers and hugs. I love you Wacko. And I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how close you are to your dad. We can not live forever, but oh how I wish we could! He lived a good, loved life and may his memories go on for a long time!