Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited March 2016

JULIE LOL WITH CASUAL FRIDAY. JULIE I THINK MOST OF US ARE LIKE THAT WITH THE ER--I KNOW I AM MY KIDS MAKE ME GO AND CALL THE PARAMEDICS TO MKE SURE, THEN I TRY TO STILL WEASEL OUT OF IT. I MEAN SOMETIME EVEN PEOPLE WE KNOW WON'T GO TO THE DR. (NO NAMES MENTIONED, INSERT NAME HERE _______________THAT'S ENOUGH ROOM.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited March 2016

Ha ha about casual Friday! I work off site on Friday's (mostly), and it is REAL casual over this way.

My cleaning company has come and gone and love going into the weekend with a clean home! Work is done for this lovely week and time to shift gears and enjoy the remains of the day.

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

GOOD MORNING LADIES

WELL I'VE BEEN UP ALL NITE--NO NEED TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THINGS, CUZ I'VE DONE THAT ENOUGH.

WELL JOEY HAD A MOVIE NIGHT WITH 4 GIRLS AND GOT HOME ABOUT 10:30PM AND OF COURSE HE HAD A GOOD TIME AND HE WAS WITH THE BOYS IN THE AFTERNOON, SO HE HAS THE BEST OF 2 WORLDS GOING ON HERE I KNOW MARTY IS LIKE WTF ALL GIRLS. I TOLD HIM HE WAS JUST JEALOUS THAT'S ALL AND WE HAD A GOOD LAUGH..

WELL I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A WONDERFUL SAT. I'LL PROBABLY SLEEP 1/2 THE DAY. WHICH I HATE.

I LUBS U ALL

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited March 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Saturday!Happy Weekend!Heard a rumor this weekend is time change weekend.I really wish they would just leave the time alone!But I've got a ham in the crock pot, some squash to cook up for later, need to get some laundry going and some picking up done.I found a bottle of Cinnamon Cream Rum that is absolutely wonderful--much like Rum Chatta, really enjoyed a glass of that last night.Looking forward to enjoying another glass tonight.

Cammy--You are probably right, I should probably get the knee looked at even though it's better.And how bad can the house be?Pretty darn bad.Hooray for Joey being home!

Goldie--It's very hard to deal with people who are fully mentally competent and just will not do for themselves.I think it would be easier if they didn't also tend to blame everyone but themselves for thier ills.There are times when I am asked "Why can't you fix me?"when I want to say "Because you are doing this to yourself and I can't change your behavior for you!"But I can't say that, it's not supportive and it's not good customer relations.It's just the truth. Cutting the dog food bag down so the dog can feed himself is pretty lazy.

Jazzy--here's hoping the BFF and you have a good visit!The knee is feeling much better the last few days, for which I am grateful.I have figured out that the new system is working, but no one has been taught anything more than the mechanics--no teaching about the processes, the what has to happen in what order for the end result to happen.Apparently we have to figure that out on our own.But it's getting worked out and going more smoothly as time goes by.I think we'll get a user' manual next week--I would have liked to have had that a month ago!But then I actually read manuals and directions, unlike many people.

Jazzy--beautiful blossoms!

Julie--the healing thoughts have been working, much less pain, less swelling, not as stiff!People do odd things, don't they?LOL the robe, tiara and wine!

Cammy--Joey sure does have the best of both worlds, doesn't he?Sleep if you need to!

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD:

Piper At The Gates Of Dawn

1 oz Coffee Liqueur

1/2 oz Maraschino Liqueur

1 1/2 oz Scotch Whisky

1 oz Heavy Cream

Directions

Combine the scotch, kahlua, and maraschino liqueur in a mixing glass half-filled with ice cubes. Stir well, and strain into an old-fashioned glass almost filled with ice cubes. Pour the cream over the back of a teaspoon so that it floats on top of the drink.

Best served in a Old-Fashioned Glass.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited March 2016

Cami, I second the advice to ask about a fecal transplant. Sounds gross, but it's a good way to repopulate your gut with healthy microbes.

Jazzy, I am so envious of those blossoms! I'm in Michigan for the day (MI BCO gathering at a local winery--assuming others can get here; I arrived last night) and the only things on the trees are blobs of snow. As to the macaroons, I no longer eat them (well, I shouldn't eat them but that's another story--Passover sort of throws my diet for a loop even though bread & pasta are out of the question for 8 days, because you're supposed to have a bit of matzo every day during it).

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited March 2016

Morning DahhhhLinks!!

Finally got up early enuf to post a little before my 10am appt. It seems I've had something important to do in the mornings all week long…ugh. Prolly help if I didn't sleep sooo late.

NM - time change is the 13th…I'm one who likes longer days so I'm looking forward to it. Been reading about your knee, I hope it can heal on it's own. Madding about the new system, why the heck didn't they bring a user manual when they were there. Never understand that. Somethings I order online do that do. Tell me to go to their web site and find it. Not right!!

Dara - it sounds like the chit is really piling up for u. And I kno how much you miss your dad. I hope you can feel the love and sorrow I feel for you in this GREAT BIG HUG!

Cami - we did have a good time. Lowee got me dwunk tho and I don't remember eating pizza that night or much else. LOL on Joey and the History book.

Jazz - Love the Maxine post, but really like the Cocktail Party. LOL Beautiful pics of all the blooms.

Julie - good advice for Cami. I heard the docs could do that kinda thing several years ago. I don't understand this caucus stuff, just doesn't sound logical or fair. LOL on the casual Friday, haha.

Sandy - $54 to recycle? That is horse-chit and delivery/installation delays…toooo much. Hope you finally get it all hooked up soon. Never heard of them not coming in the house, my UPS guy does if the packages are heavy.

Lowee - I had a wonderful time. I blaming u tho for mese getting dwunk…LOL…all my doing. Woohoo for Laughlin and BJ, have fun. I leave for CA on Weds back on Sun.

Hsant - sorry you are having problems, sounds like med ins woes. Sounds like Jazz has a good idea, hope you check it out. (((Hsant))))

Lubslubs to all!!

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

Good morning friends- I was out early to le salon this morning for a new do, some highlights, and a brow wax. Now I am all prettied up and nowhere to go! Lol, not true really, having dinner with friends this evening.

Cami- do you have C-diff? I have BCO sister here who was helping another sister in her community with some rides and the like around her cancer treatment. That woman had c-diff and ended up having a fecal transplant. I think C-diff is a SE of chemo, maybe short and longer term? I did not have chemo so not sure but if they think this would help, might be worth trying? I know you are so tired of feeling tied to a bathroom or fear having accidents. I hope they can help you to have better quality of life.

Oh and Joey hanging out with all the girls. I have no doubt he is nice to those young things, he is learning how to treat the ladies right from the best in the business, YOU! I think young boys who have good relationships with their female relatives turn out to be very respectful men. I bet you are glad to have your buddy home!

ChiSandy- we have a sort of long drawn out spring here. The beginning of the blooms now and the last of them in May. I love the unfolding of spring here, it is interesting to observe!

NM- I am glad that you are feeling better and the swelling is going down.

Mema- yes, the time change is next weekend already! My friend that is coming will be catching a plane that morning back to the east coast so I told her we need to be sure to be careful to change the time so I don't get her there an hour late!

Dara- thinking of you today and hope you are having some peace this weekend after what was a hard week back to work. Sending you hugs across the miles.

Time to get to some tax work and wishing everyone here a nice March weekend!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited March 2016

this just made me cry and smile at the same time,its mother's day tomorrow in the uk and i was thinking of my nan and this popped up on fb

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited March 2016

Juliet, I teared up reading that card. Next month makes 10 years since my mom passed away--and whenever I travel and check into my hotel room, my first instinct is still to phone her and let her know I've arrived safely.

Today's theme was definitely “drinking:" we had a meeting of the Michigan BCO sisters (plus an Oregonian traveling regularly to Indiana, and yours truly) at the Sandhill Crane Winery in Jackson, MI. Pontiac Peggy and NancyHB are the only ones whose handles I can recall; I know all their real first names but not everyone wants theirs disclosed online. We had a marvelous time, and tasted nine different wines. The last pour was a sweet raspberry wine...with a side of dark chocolate. I bought a Pinot Noir and their Abrazos proprietary red blend (dry but with a nice soft fruity finish due to a very small amt. of residual sugar) to take home.

Here we are. Peggy's standing top right, in the green sweater, and I'm sitting just below her. Below me, bottom R, is Gypsy Jo. NancyHB is seated bottom left. Above her is Maureen1, then Suz-Q, and top L is CWayman650:

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

ChiSandy- I can relate about the mom thing. The anniversary of my mom's passing is 4 years next weekend. My mother and I were never that close until maybe the last 8 years of her life when my sister and I were helping to take care of her. We grew closer then and became "okay" with each other. I was grateful for that too. My mom always liked to know I got to places okay too. About a month or so ago, I had the urge to call her so badly one afternoon to just say hi. Hugs to you on the upcoming anniversary. Just never easy.

I went out to eat with friends tonight. We PIGGED OUT! More on that tomorrow, including pics. I know you ladies like to talk about good food and wine!

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

GOOD EARLY MORNING LADIES,

I'M UP EARLY, I THINK WE ALL KNOW WHY.

JULIE THAT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL, I TOO THOUGHT OF MY MOM, I WAS CLOSER TO MY DAD BUT I TALKED TO MY MOM EVERYDAY SND SAW THEM ALMOST EVERY DAY, AND STILL I WANT TO CALL MY MOM, SHE'D ALWAYS MAKE ME FEEL BETTER-SUCH NICE MEMORIES.

MY SISTER DOES HAVE C-DIF, BUT RIGHT NOW IT'S LIKE IN SOME KIND OF REMISSION, BUT HER NEXT STEP IS THE TRANSPLANT, AND IF THIS DOESN'T WORK I'M ASKING THE DR. IF I CAN HAVE THIS ALSO, WHY NOT?

OH WE GOT ABOUT 2 INCHES OF SNOW AND IT MELTED THE SAME DAY. AGAIN CRAY MARCH.

SANDY U'R EVENING SOUNDS GREAT, AND I LOVE SEEING PICS. U'R HAIR LOOKS SO LONG, SUCH A PRETTY PIC. BTW THE RASBERRY WINE SOUNDS YUMMY. I WAS JUST THINKING HOW MUCH U ND JAZZY HAVE IN COMMON ON SO MANY LEVELS. IT'S INTERESTING TO ME.

JAZZY DO U SEE IT TOO.?

OK TIME FOR MY NEXT ROUNDS OF MEDS.

SEE U LATAH

I LUBS U ALL

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

Good morning- here is the appetizer plate from last night friends. Fried calamari, cheese nosh plate, and a caprese salad. Couple bottles of wine on the table too!

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited March 2016

Jazzy, love the blooms. I haven't even been down to check on ours. Of course we can always get that unusual freeze and walla, no fruit. Which is usually what happens. Have fun with your friend! I think someone in Cami's family had C-Diff. Or someone here did, a family member.

Julie, sorry you are still a greeter, and not doing what you love. I still lmao at a cork for Cami. Being a greeter, most of you know of my "lil buddy". I was telling him one day that he could be a Wal Mart greeter, and asked him what he would say. His reply "Hi, welcome to Wal Mart asshole".His dad hated Wal Mart, so I think that is why the reply! Perfect timing for that prayer Julie. I hope the tears were of joy, as well as sadness. NM posted a similar one. Happy Mothers Day to the women in your life and heart.

LOL Cami, calling SOMEONE out for not going to the doctor! Movie night for Joey with 4 girls??? I was right, your sister has C-Diff.

NM, the cinnamon cream rum sounds yummy. I will say that my mom doesn't blame anyone but herself. But still does nothing for herself. She has called my son 3 times in a weeks time, to come to her aid. Twice while he was at work, and another when he was out with friends.

Chi, I don't think there will be much on the trees in MI for quite some time yet! That is where I am from. Hope you had fun with your BCO clan. Ahhhh, I see you did! Nice group photo. Sorry, but I don't know any of those gals.

LDB, so glad you weren't that bizzy when I was there. Ha ha, "I" got you dwunk???? Have fun in Cali.

Jazzy, beautiful display of the yummy food.

Got to work out in the garden a bit yesterday. Planted onions and DH re-transplanted some of our tomato plants. We use Solo cups for that. So they aren't just for drinking! Allergies are in full "bloom". Today is supposed to be very windy, so it won't be a pleasant day. My sneezes are so hard, I swear I could blow someone over! Oh, and I made this absolutely yummy Lemon/Blueberry pound cake. Recipe posted on FB from a BCO friend.

Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake from chef-in-training.com …This recipe is HEAVENLY! Seriously melt-in-your-mouth good!

Here's mine, the presentation is not as nice, but it sure is yummy! We had it with ice cream, right after it came out of the oven and cooled some, but still warm.

• nativemainer
    edited March 2016

Good morning, Loungettes!Happy Sunday!Hada lovely sleep in this morning, or back to sleep in.Had to get up and let Sadie get a drink and go out, then I took a leaf from her book and went back to bed!Took her half an hour to find me there.I think she was a little surprised.But she jumped into bed with me and snoozed for a while, too, so it was all good.

Chi--I'm jealous of the blooms, too, we're still in gray and brown mode here, but not much longer before things begin greening up.

Mema--ah, a reprieve on the time change!I think I saw something on Facebook, and assumed it was this weekend.One of the things we found out this week was where to go to access the user manual on line and how to print it out.Much better than the "interactive" teaching modules we had to do.But hey, it's working and we're figuring it out and it is a much more efficient system.And I'm surprised how much better the knee feels now.

Jazzy--C-diff is a problem many cancer patients get but it's actually because of antibiotic use. It's one of the organisms in our gut that is kept in check by some of the others. When someone gets antibiotics for any reason the C-diff can get ahead, cuz it's usually resistant to most antibiotics now.Treating C-diff with more antibiotics is pretty useless these days.The best we can do most of the time is keep ahead of the dehydration and offer lots of yogurt and probiotics and such.Fecal transplants have been a big help to some people.

Julie--that is beautiful!

Ch--Great pic, looks like you all had a great time!And a lovely group of women, too!

Cammy--Anything is worth a try to stop the D, isn't it?

Jazzy--oh, yum!

Goldie--At least your Mom doesn't blame the world for her condition.I feel badly for your brother, hi life is all tied up with taking care of her.What would happen if he told her "no" sometime?That cake looks delish!

Blueberry Martini

splash Chambord Liqueur

1 splash Blue Curacao

3 oz Gin

1 splash Raspberry Liqueur

Directions

Pour the gin, Chambord raspberry liqueur and blue curacao into a chilled cocktail glass. Stir, and serve.

Best served in a Cocktail Glass.

• goldie0827
    edited March 2016

NM, it's my son that lives with her. He has told her no, they have had their fights, believe me! Then she gives him the silent treatment. They are both bullheaded!!!

• juliet62
    edited March 2016

card with vector stylized flowers - stock vector

• juliet62
    edited March 2016

this is the picture my 26 yr nephew did for his mother for Mothers Day

• goldie0827
    edited March 2016

Julie, how sweet. Can you tell us what it says? I can make out the top "I love my mum because"...

Jazzy, I went down and checked my fruit trees. No blossoms, just buds. My peach tree is the biggest. I hope we don't get a freeze!

Peach Sweet Tea & Rum

Ingredients

Sweet Tea

• 5 liters of water
    • 10 black tea bags
    • 4 cups sugar

Cocktail

• ¾ cup sweet tea
    • ½ TBSP lime simple syrup
    • 1½ shots black rum
    • 3-4 slices of fresh peaches

Georgia Meet Bermuda: a cocktail with sweet tea and rum, flavored with fresh peaches.

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited March 2016

CHIT....Had a huge post going, hit submit, and got a 'this page can't be displayed. It all disappeared and I don't have time to re-enter. Remind me next week when back from CA to tell ya bout an ER visit and major, 10 hour power outage.

LUBS YOU ALL

• juliet62
    edited March 2016

nm -its say- i love my mum because she use to wipe my bum and cook my beans and my sausages lots of love matthew. ps his fiancee his a nursary school teacher so guess what the kids did for mothers day this year

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

Good evening friends- whew, busy day and have a status report to finish as well as some tax prep work to finalize. I am just tired thinking about that!

Best thing that happen today was one of my co-workers at the client site (around the same age) was complimenting me on my shorter hair cut I got this past weekend. He said "I cannot tell you how the years just floated away with your new haircut." I said "like how many years?" He said I looked 29. I am going to be 56 in two weeks. I LOVE IT.

• nativemainer
    edited March 2016

Hmm, not seeing my post from yesterday ayem, the gremlin must have eaten it. Fortunately, I have a copy:

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Monkey Day!How is everyone this Monday morning?Another start to another week, let's all make it a good one!

Goldie--I forgot it's your son that lives with your Mom.Both bullheaded?That must make for interesting moments!Gotta love bullheaded people.

Julie--Aww, that's cute!

Quiet in here.Where is everyone?

Black Monday

1 oz Dark Rum

1 tsp Cherry Brandy

1/2 oz Black Sambuca

1/2 oz Lemon Juice

Directions

In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine all of the ingredients. Shake well. Strain into a cocktail glass.

Best served in a Cocktail Glass.

Now to move on:

Good Twofer Tuesday Morning, Loungettes!Not a bad Monday yesterday, things are calming down now that we're getting the new system figured out and getting some systems and processes worked out and the work flow is smoothing out.

Goldie--Love the Peach Sweet Tea and Rum recipe!Makes a big batch, too, which is good for summertime.I can envision variations substituting the rum with flavored vodkas, or spiced rum, or even some Schnapps!Thanks for sharing.

Mema--that gremlin was busy yesterday, wasn't he?What's up with the ER visit?And power outage?

Julie--cute Mother's Day card!

Jazzy--I'm tired just reading your "To Do" list!WOW, that must be some haircut!Good for you!

Bambi's Iced Tea

1 shot Vodka

(Fill With) 7 Up

1 splash Sweet and Sour Mix

(Fill to Top) Coca Cola

Directions

Put ice in glass.

Best served in a Beer Mug.

• nativemainer
    edited March 2016

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

Good morning friends- I had a long day yesterday on-boarding a test lead for my project. He is going to be SO AWESOME for my project, but sort of dependent on me until he gets network access. Therefore, I was doing my own work last night, which has had me up early this morning working on tax stuff. Run jazzy run, see jazzy run

NM- I had very youthful looking parents and remember when I was growing up, everyone thought they were younger than they were. I was fortunate to inherit those "youthful" genes and have always looked younger than my age, but ooh la la, to be a 20 year old again! Ha ha, I like myself better now than when I was in my 20's, but would like to have the metabolism and energy of that age, how about you?

• goldie0827
    edited March 2016

NM and Sue, looks like the gremlin got ya both! And yes, mother and son can go at it. And guess who gets to hear about it, from both ends???

Jazzy, what a nice compliment…29???? I would take 39. I always tell the kids that 30's and 40's are the best years. I wouldn't want to be in my 20's either.

Julie, too funny what your nephew wrote. Thanks for wiping my bum!!!

Need to go to friends house, teaching her computer stuff and how to sell on Ebay. Thursday is Laughlin, until Sunday.

• nativemainer
    edited March 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!I was looking at my pill box this morning and wondering why I took the Wednesday pills when it's only Tuesday, and why are the Monday and Tuesday slots empty, have I taken my pills twice this ayem only to realize it really is Wednesday!Gonna be one of those days, apparently.:)

Jazzy--Nice to train someone who is going to be awesome, isn't it?I would like to have the metabolism and energy of a 20 year old, but I do not what to be going through my senior year of nursing school again, or my first year of working as a nurse.I am a much deeper and more interesting person now than I was then.

Goldie--I bet you get quite the earful at times, in both ears!

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited March 2016

Good morning girls, so sorry to be away so long. I have to get the dogs out and go to work but I'm going to come home and do some catchin up for sure. I joined a fitness center with a pool and have been going there and I think it takes up my puter time. I have been swimming in hopes of healing up this dern tendon in my foot but it's still giving me fits. DH away so I'll have to come home from work today instead of pool to tend to pooches. I miss you all and think of you everyday. I had Nora last weekend, she is getting so big, I have a few stories to share. So have a good day everyone, see you later!

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

Good morning friends- this week is very HARD at work, but I am pushing through. I have had a couple long days in a row, and then am trying to get tax stuff finished and in the mail, and also ready for my friend who arrives tomorrow evening. I had someone yakking at me late at the client site yesterday about stuff and then I looked up and it was 6:45 p.m. Yikes! Today I am outta there at 5 p.m. no ifs and or buts!

NM- my test lead is getting up to speed quickly, but we are having problems getting him all the access he needs to everything. The IT Dept is fighting us on some access he needs in our test environment and talked to my client yesterday, who may need to be the hammer on that nail, know what I mean? These internal politics and fights that go on keep us from being most effective. I hope him to have everything he needs to move forward. He is a great resource for our team.

Genny- good going on joining the gym and replacing computer time with exercise time. You go girl! I am going to the gym myself this evening.

I have a biz dinner tomorrow night and my friend arriving at the airport by 9 p.m. I am going to be having some cocktails after this week ladies!

• goldie0827
    edited March 2016

NM, you are so right about the earful! I just say "I don't know what to tell you." I hope the pills you took double of, won't hurt you.

Way too quiet up in here ladies! 1 post in 24 hours??? WTF?

• goldie0827
    edited March 2016

Oops, my bad. Guess I didn't see this page!

Mary, can't wait to hear about the Nora stories.

Jazzy, 5 o'clock, quittin time! I can hear the horn blowin and Fred shouting Yabba Dabba Doo!