Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited March 2016

GOODMORNING LADIES.

OOPS I MISSED YESTERDAY AND YET THOUGHT I POSTED.

NM I HOPE U FEEL ALL RIGHT, I'VE DONE THE SAME THING TOO AND I ORGANIZE MINE ALSO--I THINK HOW CAN I DO THIS WHEN I THINK I'M ORGANIZED AND YET I DO. I JUST HOPE IT DOESN'T DRIVE U'RE SYSTEM WACKEY. NOW THIS WEEKEND U SHOULD BE TOTALLY OFF RIGHT? I HOPE SO.

JAY U HAVE U'R HANDS FULL AND I HOPE U FIND GOOD TIME WITH U'R FRIEND. AND 29 OH THOSE WERE GREAT DAYS, ALL THE ENERGY ND I TOOK IT FOR GRANTED.BUT WHAT A NICE FEELING TO HVE SOMEONE SAY THAT TO U.

MARY WATER (TO ME) IS THE BESTU CAN DO FOR U'R SELF.IT'S SUCH A GREAT FEELING TO MOVE IN IT. I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY DD'S POOL,CUZ I KNOW EVERYONE WHO GOES THERE AND I DON'T CARE HOW I LOOK OR

AWKWARD I AM, SO U KEEP IT UP, IT'S GOT TO HELP A LITTLE,

THIS PUTER IS AWFUL, SPACING IS BAD, DOUBLELETTERS COME UP OR NOT AT ALL, I'M TIRED OF CORRECTING IT.

LORI I GIVE U'R SON SO MUCH CREDIT TAKING CARE OF U'R MOM, IT'SNOT AS EASY JOB AT ALL EVEN IF SHE WASN'T STUBBORN. BUT I KNOW U FIND U'R SELF IN THE MIDDLE ALOT, I DON'TTHINK THERE IS MUCH U CAN DO. I'M NOT DISRESPECTING U'R MOM, BUT U HAVE LOT GOING ON FOR U'RSELF TOO AND BEING FAR AWAY DOESN'T HELP THE SITUATION. SO ALL U CN DO IS WHAT U'R DOING.

I'M SORRY 'M NOT ADDRESSING U ALL, DOESN' MEAN I DON'T THINK BOUT U THAT'S FOR SURE.

JOEY CAME TO ME LAST NITE CLOSING MY DOOR TO TLK, THIS IS HARD FOR ME NOW. THERE'S A BULLY (A GIRL) WHO WAS BOTHERING HIS FRIEND THEN OF COURSE HIM, THIS BOTHERRS HIM SO SO MUCH, AND WHEN A GIRL GETS LIKE THIS WITH ALL THE FEMINISM OUT THERE HE REALLY DOESN'T GET THE IDEA WHY THEY CAN'T BE HIT, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY GET RIGHT IN U'R FACE AND U CAN'T PUSH THEM AWAY. (BASICALLY HIS WORDS) I TOLD HIM UNLESS THERE IS A KNIFE OR GUN U CAN NEVER,NEVER PUT U'R HANDS ON A GIRL IN A DISRESPECTFUL WAY. THIS WAS VERY DIFFICULT FOR ME TO EXPLAIN, CUZ I WANT TO HIT THIS GIRL. SHE'S SUCH A BRAT, AND SHE DOES THIS ON PURPOSE SO MY TALK WAS DEEP AND EVEN THRU SOME LEGALITIES IN THERE, TO ME THIS IS TOUGH CUZ I WOULD LIKE TO SAY JUST PUNCH HER FOR BEING A BULLY BUT I CAN'T. ICK I HOPE I TOLD HIM ALL THE RIGHT STUFF AND HE TAKES IT IN. U DO KNOW THERE IS A VERY SMALL POSSIBILITY I'M WRONG, OF COURSE VERY SMALL. BTW JOEY HAS NEVER HIT A KID OR FOUGHT SO HE PROBABLY HITS LIKE A SMALL GIRL LOL

I KNOW BLAH BLAH BLAH, THERE I GO AGAIN SORRY

WELL HUMP DAY, RIGHT?

I LUBS U ALL

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited March 2016

well had my follow-up at employee health.she wants a not so is trying to get approval so watch this space!Still a greeter .got asked yesterday if I spoke English

Lori grumbling in stereo.not much fun but a big relief for your son to have someone to listen to his complaints

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited March 2016

Hi girls, I'm working on catching up a bit but so far behind.

Lori, I saw the pics of you and Sue, you girls look so cute! I'm hoping as I read down further that you tell me that you DD got the papers back, I see that they arrived in Cambodia. We will have a car but I doubt that I'll get a chance to see you, DH and I haven't had a vacay together in quite a long time, I think we'll probably be pretty busy. I will check out Jerome on the internet. Right now we've booked the Pink Jeep Tour the day we arrive. DH has booked tee times for himself each morning and then we will golf together in the afternoons. I'm really getting excited!

NM, Knee still giving you trouble, hoping it gets better soon. My foot still botherng me, wearing the splint helps but it always hurts by the evening. You should be totally on your new operaating system by now, hope it's making work a more manageable.

Jazzy, My DH and I have found that we prefer vacations alone. We've tried going to visit others before and it always seems we end up feeling like our vacations get hyjacked. They make all these plans for us then get their feelings hurt if we say that's not what we want to do. I like to fly by the seat of my pants on vacation, live my life by appointments, don't want to do that on vacation. Hope you get your trip to the Blue Note for your birthday. Hope you enjoyed your day at the spa, I got a gift cert for Xmas for a massage and I keep forgetting to make the appointment.

Sounds like light duty is no easy task, hope your arm is healing fine. Will you need PT?

Jazzy, I can relate to the foot problems. I had plantar faciitis in my right foot some years ago, ended up a night splint and finally cortisone shots over the course of a year which fixed me up as long as I wear arch supports. Now I have tibial tendonitis in my left, I hadn't considered it had to do with the AI's, just figured it's from being on my feet so much but I guess it makes sense.

hsant, Isn't this weather incredible? DH has gotten to do a lot of golfing for this time of year. So nice to walk the dogs without even needing a coat! A dry gray Goose martini, one of my favorite drinks, gonna have to get one on vacation for sure! Thanks for thinking I was too your to be a gramma, I knew I liked you!

Cammy, sorry to hear about your ouchy leg, I can just picture your cat trying to get your foot thinking you were playng.

Sandy, so sorry your concert got canceled, June is a ways away, open mic night sounds like a good idea. Oscar party sounds like fun.

Dara, so sorry about your dad, losing parents is so hard, mine have been gone for years and I still miss them but it does get easier with time. My heart goes out to you. Hope you get caught up at work.

OK, girls, I just realized how far behind I really am, now I'm going to skip to the last page.
    Jazz, love the flower blooms, got awhile before we"ll have them here but it gives me hope. The pictures of food look so good, yum, I love capreeze salad.

Sandy, cute pic of you and your friends, wine, chocolate, food, looks perfect.

Sue, I'm looking forward to the time change as well, I love the longer days.

NM, cinnamon cream rum, glad you're enjoying it, sounds like desert!

Lori, planting your garden? Now I know spring must be coming! Any news on the DD divorce papers?

Cammy, Joey and 4 girls! Sorry about the bully, hope he can just walk away and ignore her, that will probably irritate her more than anything else. Hope you're feeling better.

Nora is so funny, my DS was telling me… they were at his in-laws and there were a bunch of people there and all the adults were talking and Nora was in the middle of the room and suddenly threw her arms up and yelled "QUIET!!" He said everybody stopped talking and looked at her and just started cracking up. She talks constantly and sings all the time. Everytime I try to get her to go on the potty she says "no way yaya!" She suddenly wants no part of potty training, ah well guess it will happen soon. We took her back to the trampoline place and then I took her swimming, she is a fish, just jumps in and goes under.
    Anyway, time to get some dinner, love to all,

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited March 2016

God morning, Loungettes!Happy Thirsty Thursday. Got my fold up keyboard for my work tablet yesterday, can't wait to try it out today.I thought I would like the voice dictation feature more than I do, I guess 30 years of thinking while typing has really ingrained that habit.That feature is great for the shorter little notes, though.And I discovered the program will even give driving directions!No more draining down the phone battery! It's actually starting to get fun to work with this system.

Genny--swimming sounds like such a good way to exercise, wish there was a convenient place around here to swim in the winter.Of course, I could walk more, and that's free. . .Can't wait to hear the aNorable stories!

Jazzy--the internal power struggles and turf wars are so very annoying.Never could figure out why there has to be so much of that kind of stuff.Glad the lead is getting up to speed.Being the squeaky wheel is time consuming but effective, eventually.

Goldie-- I didn't take a double dose of pills, I was confused as to what day it really was!And if I did take double doses, the only real "problem" would be very weird dreams from the antidepressant and a night of terrible heartburn.Love the Flintstone cartoon, that was a great show!

Cammy--I'm switching over to Pill Packs, where they put up my pills, including the OTC ones, in a little packet with the date, time and list of meds printed on the packet.It's going to be so much easier, and no more dropping pills and trying to keep them away from Sadie, no more spilling the pill box, and able to pop the packet in my pocket if I'm running late.Same cost as getting the meds from a regular pharmacy.This weekend I am totally off, yes.The new weekend nurse started last weekend and is doing a great job.Poor Joey, having to deal with a bully.It's harder for the boys being bullied by girls just because of the things you point out about touching and hitting.And I agree, she deserves a good smack in the kisser, but I also agree that Joey can't do that.Not sure what the answer is there, since he probably can't avoid her effectively while in school.And if she's getting right in his face he can't just pretend he doesn't hear her or see her.Can he ask one of his teachers for advice on how to handle the situation using the school's anti-bullying policies?

Julie--You got asked if you speak English?How did you answer?

Genny--the knee is much better now and continues to get better for which I am happy.We are totally on the new system, and getting the back office processes worked out and things are moving along better.It's already saving me a lot of time!So Nora isn't interested in potty training? Oh well, it will come eventually.Love the "QUIET!"story!And being a fish is a good thing, too!

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD:

~Thirsty Thursday~ Every week at www.facebook.com/JustAnotherManicMomDay #marvel #avengers #loki #alcohol #recipe #nerd #dude #fangirl #drink #awesome:

• Pammac47
    Pammac47 Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2016

OMG

Did I ever need to read this!!! I'm Scottish so yes I drink, and if they think my diagnosis will slow that oh boy were they wrong. I don't drink as much to be fair, but that's cause this shit has kicked my butt. I am set to undergo chemo AC starting the 22nd, and sure I'll probably not be out as much. Going to seriously miss riding motorcycle and its gonna miss me as well 😊. I will be back, but bald. I am soo sad about my hair and am currently rocking any style it wants to go with that day. Drinking is part of my friendships, but not all. I love to get out and just have fun. I won't be robbed of my living just cause my "life" is in jeopardy. It's too short!!image

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited March 2016

Cami, I know you are not disrespecting my mom, no worries girl. As for the bully and Joey, tell him that kids can be like that, and hopefully they grow out of it. Also, they most likely have low self esteem, and need to make others feel badly so they feel good. Someone was teasing my grandson at school about him having a deep voice. I told his mother to tell him to say "well at least I don't sound like girl, like you!"

Julie, your English is beautiful!

Mary, not seeing you while in AZ is not a problem. I wasn't even counting on it. You aren't here long, and I would not intrude. Especially if we can get together in a couple of weeks. Jerome is little old mining town (I think) and they also refer to it as a ghost town. And then there is the Grand Canyon if you can make the drive out there. Not really planting the garden, except the onions. They can withstand the cold. It was 21 degrees here yesterday morning. Tomato and Pepper seed are started, but are inside. Not big enough to go out in the garden yet. Maybe another month. Funny about Nora "QUIET"! I bought my grand daughter cute little panties to wear, but told her she couldn't wear them if she peed in them. But as soon as we came home, she was back in diapers. Mom and dad too lazy to potty train. Same went with their son. But eventually the get it.

NM, glad you like your tablet, too bad the voice dictation is not for you. Glad you didn't double dose. Joey asking for advice from a teacher, or a counselor is good advice. But I don't think it was Joey being bullied and a female friend of his, for whom he was trying to protect.

Hey Pam, I almost knocked you into the pool. Welcome to our lounge. Pull up a bar stool and a Tender will get you what ever you want to drink. And during chemo, we will hold you up and even drink for you! Chemo is no fun, but you will get through it! Hang tough girl!

Leaving later this morning for Laughlin, getting hair cut tomorrow morning, sea food dinner at the Aquarius with friends, BJ Thomas after dinner and then home on Saturday.

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

GOOD MORNING LADIES,I'M UP EARLY NOT FEELING AWFUL SO I TOOK MY SHOWER AND MY CLOTHES ARE IN THE DRYER AND I HAVE MY COFFEE.

MARY I ENJOY HEARING ABOUT ANORABLE, THIS AGE IS SO FUN, AND LOVING THE WATER IS REALLY GREAT. AND IT'S FUN WHEN THEY SAY CRAZY THINGS THAT ONLY THEY CAN SAY AND SO ENJOYABLE--GLAD U HAD TIME WITH HER ND GLAD TO SEE U HERE. OK NOW U'R GOING ON VACAY SOON? I DON'T BLAME U FOR JUST DOING WHAT U LIKE WHEN U WANT, THAT'S THE WHOLE IDEA OF GETTING AWAY--JUST PLAN THE DAY AS U FEEL AND IF NO ONE IS COUNTING ON U, IT'S TOTALLY RELAXATION.

LORI, I WAS THINKING, U WERE TALKING ABOUT U'R GARDEN GETTING READY AND I STARTED THING IT'LL BE TIME FOR U TO START CANNING. AND IT'S ALWAYS SO CUTE HOW U TAKE U'R PICS FOR US ON U'R PROGRESS. U'R SO CUTE.

JULIE I STARTED LOLING, DO U SPEAK ENGLISH? OH U SPEAK IT, BUT WITH THE CUTEST ACCENT THAT U KNOW I LUBS.

NM IT'S FRIDAY EVE AND I HOPE U'R SYSTEM IS GETTING BETTER AND HOW IS U'R KNEE? IT BETTER BE A WHOLE LOT BETTER.

THIS IS TAKING FOREVER, JOEY JUST CAME IN AND WE HAD COFFEE TOGETHER ND HAD A NICE TALK. LAST NITE WE TALKED ABOUT MY MOM'S DEATH, I DON'T KNOW HOW WE GOT INTO THE SUBJECT, BUT HE ALWAYS WANTS TO KNOW HOW I HANDLED THINGS AND I'M VERY TRUTHFUL, WHICH CAN BE DOWNFALL AS U ALL KNOW, ESPECIALLY CUZ SHE DIED AT HOME THE POLICE CAME AND MY SISTER AND I WERE LOLINGCU OF MY CHOICE OF WORDS EXPLAINING THINGS, AND MY BROTHERS JUST KEPT THEIR HEADS DOWN. IT WAS NICE CUZ IT LEAD TO OTHER STORIES ABOUT MY MOM THAT WERE SO FUNNY AND SHE WOULD HAVE ENJOYED IT. SO IT WAS ALL GOOD.

OK THAT'S IT FOR NOW.I LUBS U ALL

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

OH SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I POST--EVERYONE ELSE IS WAY AHEAD OF ME.

LORI GOOD ANSWER FOR JOEY AND YES U GOT IT RIGHT, I DO REMEMBER BEING BULLIED ONE TIME IN SCHOOL AND I SID JUST CUZ U'R SHAPED LIKE A BANANA DOESN'T MEAN U'R ONE OF THE BUNCH (MANY MANY YRS AGO) AND WE BECAME GOOD FRIENDS AFTER THAT, FOR SOME STRANGE REASON.

NM U'R GETTING USED TO U'R SYSTEM,I SEE-OH GET USED TO THE TALKING I WOULD LOVE THAT. BUT WE AGAIN ALL KNOW TYPING IS NOT MY THING.

WELCOME PAM, I KNOW U'LL LIKE ALL THE WOMEN HERE AND WE CAN ALL HELP U GET THRU THIS SO ALWAYS FEEL FREE TO SHARE ANYTHING U'D LIKE AND U'LL BE ON U'R BIKE SOONER THAN U THINK AND THESE GALS HAVE SO MUCH KNOWLEDGE ABOUT SO MANY THINGS AND EASING U'R MIND ABOUT THINGS REALLY HELPS.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited March 2016

Pam- welcome to our thread! I hope everything goes well with the start of chemo. I think the docs do their best to help put our dx into something we can understand, but cancer has it's own agenda as we all know. The goal for all of us is to live well, which is harder some days than others.

NM- it was SO bad yesterday with those work politics but pushing through. I sort of have a "whatever" feeling here at the end of the week as I am paid to do the work and not deal with the drama and politics. We have one problem person whom is a consultant and I personally think creating ALOT of issues for the organization with the things she is doing. My client as much as told her yesterday in a scathing e-mail "you are keeping us from doing our work!" No consultant should be a barrier to things getting done. There will be a new boss in that area in a few weeks and think our friend will be going bubbye!

Cami- I think you share so many good life skill things with Joey. I was bullied a lot as a kid, because I was a bit overweight and kids were mean. Later I lost that weight and even the boys who teased me in my youth wanted dates with me. I remember the first boy I liked who I kissed got mean with me about weight (he was chubby too?), but later was trying to get with me, if you know what I mean? Kids change with circumstances and what suits them at the time. What I often think about now is learning to deal with bullies prepared me for work in corporate life, where I have been mostly either FT or in a consulting role. Bullies exist everywhere and through all ages, so learning how to deal with it now is a good skill for him to have.

And I like how he had "coffee with you too!" Joey is an old soul I think? Good to talk about death too, I remember trying to talk to my mother about her mother's death and she would never talk about her mother to me. She was with her when she died and think the loss was just more than she could bear. It took me many years later to see that.

Okay, gotta get to work. My tax planner is done and going in the mail. Let the partying begin!

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

OK I'M HERE TO COMPLAIN---NOW THEY'RE SAYING BABY POWDER AND TALCOM POWDER CAN CAUSE OVERIAN (SP) CANCER WTF, ALLTHE THINGS WE THOUGHT WERE FINE ARE HORRIBLE AND WHAT IS ILLEGAL IN MOST STATES HAS BEEN TESTING FOR BEING GOOD FOR CANCER., MY WHOLE WORLD IS TOPSY TURVEY NOW IS THE COLOR RED REALLY RED OR HAVE THEY FOOLED US INTO THINKING WHATEVER HAS BEEN TAUGHT. HOLY CHIT I THINK I NEED A BRAIN, OH I WISH I HAD A BRAIN, NOW I'M BREAKING INTO SONG.

BTW I GOT MY D TODAY, JUST LETTING U KNOW OH AND I HAD IT YESTERDAY TOO. ANOTHER "MED" THAT DOESN'T WORK---HMMMM, I WONDER JUST HOW GOOD THIS RECENTLY FOUND, ILLEGAL IN SOME STATES, PLANT IS?

AND AS U SEE I STILL HAVE THIS STUPID (AT LEAST I HAVE ONE) PUTER THAT IS IN USE UNDER MY FINGERS.

• juliet62
    edited March 2016

ok guess where i;m going today,i'll give you a clue -WD for the weekendHappy

• nativemainer
    edited March 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!TGIF!Not looking forwardto the time change, but I'll get used to it.Weather is nuts, almost 60 yesterday, snow this morning. Welcome to Maine weather!

Pammac47--Welcome to the Hot Tatties Lounge!You sound like you fit right in.What's the point of surviving the beast if you can't enjoy life with a glass of vino or a good cocktail once in a while?Pull up a bar stool and tells us a bit about yourself.

Goldie--The voice dictation feature works fine for very short entries, like a sentence or two.For longer entries I got a bluetooth portable keyboard that works fantastically, as I can type faster than I can dictate.Between the 2 I am starting to really fly through my documentation now.Have a great dinner and show!

Cammy--the knee is a great deal better, it only bothers a bit when I am doing stairs or am on my feet for a long time now.The swelling is gone, too.Sharing stories about your Mom is a wonderful thing, even the not so fun ones.They are part of your family story.I thought I would like the dictation feature more, but after decades of organizing my thoughts while typing has created a very firm habit, and one I can easily continue with a $45 piece of equipment, so I'm not going to force myself to change in that way.At least not right now.Maybe someday, but not right now.I have been typing since High School, even earned extra money in college typing reports for other people, so it's no big deal for me.But typing isn't for everyone, and that's OK too!

Jazzy--sounds like that consultant is way more harmful than helpful.And it sounds like time for her to be sent on her way.Hope it happens soon!Work politics can be a real pain in the anatomy.I try to stay out of it entirely whenever I can.

Cammy--I remember reading about the baby powder and talcum powder thing years ago, and I also remember reading that it was eventually disproved.The powder can be a problem if you breathe in too much of it.And you've found another med that doesn't work on the D, rats.

Julie--have fun!

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

Hi ladies- just a quick hi as I get my work day going and have my friend here now. Yesterday was a mega-busy day, but the business dinner last night was good and friend arrived on schedule at 9 p.m. We both have work stuff to do here from the house today, then are cutting out mid afternoon and she wants to go to the botanical gardens. It will be a nice day for that, so off we go!

The gal that took us to dinner last night is a friend, colleague, and vendor of my major client. I have not seen her in a year, and got caught up on a lot around her life. She told us during her dinner that her sister has breast cancer, and she is having chemo and a BMX. Apparently, the sister had ovarian many years ago in her 30s, but has been tested for BRACA and is negative. I could not really say much because none of them know about my breast cancer (kept it out of my work community), but going to find a way to tell her about this site for her sister. She knows my sister had bc so I may just share it from that perspective.

Cami- I am sorry about the D. How frustrating! Hugs sister.

I heard about the talcum powder and ovarian cancer link. I also heard cured Italian meats cause colon cancer. I think life causes cancer.

NM- that annoying woman was everywhere yesterday, but leaving it up to my client to manage the politics with her. What I reminded myself is that there is always some annoying person (or more) that complain about what I am thinking "hello, I don't work for you?" Control freaks. I hope their new manager puts them back in their box and/or does a bit of housecleaning.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

GOOD MORNING LADIES,

QUITE A DRINK NM. TGIF TOO. OH U MUST TYPE LIKE THE WIND. LIKE I'VE SAID BEFORE EVEN WITH 2 YRS. OF TYPING I REALLYJUST DIDN'T HAVE THE FEELING FOR IT--EXCEPT WAITRESSING EVERY JOB I HAD WAS TYPING, BUT THEN AGAIN IF I HAD SOMETHING I COULD TALK INTO MY WORDS WOULD GO ON AND ON. U SEEM LIKE THINGS ARE GETTING BETTER FOR U ON THE JOB THO AND THAT'S GOOD.

SAPRIZE SAPRIZE!!!! LOOK WHO'S GOING TO DW, I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED--HAVE A GREAT TIME AND DO WHATEVER U DO TO MICKEY THAT KEEPS U GOING BACK.

I WAS UP WAY TO LATE AGAIN, BUT SO FAR MY D HAS STOPPED. AND TALKING TO MY STUPID BOSS TIL ABOUT 1AM, MY FAULT TOO.

OK LET'S ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY AND I'LL CHECK BACK LATER.

I LUBS U ALL..

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

THIS IS AN INSULT TO ALL WHO DRINK--NO ONE POSTED ALL DAY, OR R U TO BUSY DRINKING TO POST. WELL THAT'S OK THEN.

QUIET DAY TODAY NOT VERY BUSY WITH WORK, WHICH DOESN'T BOTHER ME AT ALL. JOEY WENT TO SLEEP OVER AT MY OTHER DD'S HOUSE SO THIS HOUSE IS QUIET TO ME ANYWAY, HE USUALLY GOES ON A SAT. BUT SHE CAME HOME EARLY TODAY, SO HE WENT QUICKLY.

WELL THAT'S IT AND LET'SEE SOME ACTION HERE.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited March 2016

What's wrong with me? I had no desire to drink anything but coffee or seltzer today. I'm slipping!

Cami, not all baby or bath powder is implicated in ovarian cancer--just those containing talc. Cornstarch-based powders are completely safe in that regard. And the link between talc & ovarian CA is only if one uses it to dust one's vulva AND there are cuts, tears or other breaks in the skin down there. (Just because a jury awarded a breathtaking sum of money doesn't necessarily prove causation--there's likely to be an appeal, and the findings of fact in that case are not binding on subsequent cases brought against J&J--only conclusions of law are binding precedent. End of jurisprudence lecture). Breathing in the talc hasn't been implicated in respiratory disease, AFAIK, unless one raises clouds & clouds of it daily, almost to the extent a miner inhales coal dust.

• nativemainer
    edited March 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Sunny Saturday!It has been very spring-like in between snow showers this week, time to start thinking about garden stuff.I got a small indoor greenhouse for Christmas, I think I'll put it together this weekend and start some seeds.My new blue tooth keyboard is a wonder to work with, and has increased my efficiency with the new tablet by leaps and bounds, so I am very happy with it.

Jazzy--sounds like you and your friend will have a great weekend!You have a point, there are always annoying people around.Most are control freaks, and most, I think, are very insecure.Good to be able to leave the management of such people up to someone else.

Cammy--once upon a time I could type more than 80 words per minute.Haven't tested myself recently, probably quite a bit slower now that my fingers have gotten wider and older.Hmm, maybe I'll find a site and find out what my typing speed is now, just for fun.

Chi--it's ok to have a coffee and seltzer day from time to time, I call it my body's way of detoxing.

To the above I would add:

image>

and at least one of these:

• nativemainer
    edited March 2016

Hmm, wonder why the Jack Daniels pic didn't show? Maybe Dara grabbed the bottle on the way by?

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

GOOD MORNING LADIES

SANDY IT'S PERFECTLY FINE IF U'R SLIPPING OR IF U EVEN FELL INTO A BOWL OF PUNCH WE'RE STILL WITH U. I ACTUALLY DO UNDERSTAND ALL THIS STUFF WITH THE TALC. I'M JUST TIRED OF READING MORE AND MORE OF THINGS THAT CAN GIVE US CANCER AND IT'S GOOD SO THIS CAN BE CORRECTED, BUT JEEZ IT'S LIKE EVERYTHING AROUND US HAS BECOME SCARY BUT BUT WILLIE IS SCORING HIGH LOL

I THINK ALL THESE CRAZY CLOCKS CHANGE BY THEMSELVES NOW, I'VE BEEN UP ALL NITE (WITH MY D) AND I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE ON THE TV SHOWS, I USUALLY DO. BUT IT IS LITE OUT NOW, SO I'LL NOTICE TONITE.

HAVE A GREAT A DAY AND EVERYONE RELAX AND HAVE FUN.

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

NM I JUST READ U'R POST. GOOD ADD ONS FOR THE PARSLEY. YIKES 80 WORDS MIN. I'M LOLING, MAYBE I CAN DO 45 AND THE NUMBER THAT WOULD BE USED FOR MISTAKES IS A NEW NAME FOR A NUMBER CUZ I CALL IT GALORE.

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

Oh yes, I have been drinking! My friend is here and last night we had some NM cuisine and some cocktails. Margarita for her and some yummy Sangria for me!

• juliet62
    edited March 2016

Cammi yesterday I was sat by the pool drinking a rum runner ,Mickey says hi

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited March 2016

2 hrs. to go here on Central time before the clocks spring forward. My ‘puters, phones, car & TV clocks change automatically, but I have to flip the "DST +/- “ switch on my clock radio. Everything else has to be reset--range, microwave, analog clocks, even my Fitbit!

DOTD--prosecco, at a seafood joint we went to tonight. Cava at brunch tomorrow.

• nativemainer
    edited March 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Funday Sunday!I'm trying to ignore the fact that the time change is today, Back to getting up in the dark, boo, hiss.Got the kitchen cleaned up so I can work on the green house today, going to put it up on the sun porch, got a spot picked out near an outlet so I can use my grow light and seed bed warmers.First I need to decide what I'm going to grow this year, though!

Cammy--A lot of my clocks have changed by themselves, some I still have to change myself.I did find a typing test site, currently I'm getting about 64 words per minute with an 80-85% accuracy rate, which I think is more the crumbs and stuff in the keyboard than anything else.I need to clean out the keyboard really well and try again.

Jazzy--I love Sangria!Good for you!

Julie--sitting by the pool with a drinky, you lucky girl!Say Hi to Micky!

Chi--Changing all those clocks is an annoying chore, even when I remember how to do it!

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

Good morning friends- I was up at 4:30 this am (and yes with the time change today) to take my friend to the airport. We had a super fun few days together including time shopping, walking to see spring blooms, some good eats, and a trip to the hot springs yesterday for an afternoon soak. It started snowing while we were there, that was unexpected but super fun! Hot springs and the snow are a good combination!

I am tired and hoping to get a bit more sleep this morning before I do my catch up from my friend's visit and to prepare for the week ahead. I am hoping you all are adjusting to the time change on this first day of spring-forward. The evening light comes back to us here in the US this evening. Yay!

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

GOOD MORNING LADIES.

OK JULIE JUST RUB SOME MORE SUNSCREEN ON AND ENJOY U'R MICKEY OOPS, I MEANT U'R DRINK. OH U'R NOT FOOLIN' ME, MISSY.

SANDY HOW CAN U POSSIBLY KEEP U'R WEIGHT DOWN, EVERYTHING ALWAYS SOUNDS SO YUMMY AND IT'S GREAT FOR U TO HAVE ALL THIS ENERGY.

JAZZY I KNEW U'D GET A GOOD WEEKEND GOING FOR U. U NEED IT.

NM I'M ALREADY CONFUSED WITH THE TIM, IT'S SO LATE NOW. LOL 64 WORDS I WISH FOR THAT. I'M SURE U TYPE FASTER THAN THAT, BUT IT STILL SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. U'R SO CUTE.

IT RAINED ALL NITE, BUT I ACTUALLY SLEPT ALL NITE, FINALLY, I FORGOT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO RAIN, I THINK TODAY TOO. I ENJOY IT THO.

NM THAT'S SUCH A CUTE DOTD, LEAVE IT TO U TO HONOR THE DW.

OK I'LL CHECK IN LATER, I SHOULDN'T HAVE ANY CALLS TODAY,

I LUBS U ALL.

• goldie0827
    edited March 2016

NM, glad you are getting through all of your documentation. Sometimes I can type almost as fast as I can talk. Not quite, but close! Indoor greenhouse? Here is your typing test. http://www.typingtest.com/ Laffing at someone snagging your JD. Ahh, I see you found a typing site. You did better than me. I think what slows me down is back spacing to correct. So much of mine is more dyslexic, where I transpose letters and have to correct. I look at my screen when I type, but I guess that is due to the fact that I don't have to read things that I'm typing. It's just from mese head.

Julie, my little Disney Whore! Have fun my friend, you sure deserve it. Not sure about Mickey though! J/K!

Cami, you are too funny. "You may be a banana, but you are not part of the bunch". Ouch, that one hurt! And you shouldn't have to work week ends period!

Jazzy, I want to go to the Arboretum here in AZ. Spring is the best time for blooms in the dessert. We also have Botanical garden, with beautiful night displays. I too believe that LIFE has caused cancer, or us as humans, with all of the preservatives we eat, chemicals sprayed on our food that we eat, and the crap that they feed to the animals. Glad you are having such a great time with your friend.

Sandy, I hope the coffee tasted good, as you were not wanting any wine. I can only drink coffee in the morning.

We had a great time in Laughlin. First night there, we were like $80.00 down, which is a lot for us. Went to a different casino and hit for $100.00. So we ended up breaking even, which is all we ever hope for. BJ Thomas was great. We were at the fist seat, center stage. He came out and the lights came on and I could look up at the stage it was so bright. These FU pills make my eyes very sensitive to bright light. Well I had put my hand across my forehead, to shade my eyes. BJ then motioned to someone and the lights were turned down for me! He looked at us and gave us a thumbs up. No messin with clocks for me, no time change here. But it will eventually be light out at 4:30 in the ay em!

• goldie0827
    edited March 2016

Some of the light pictures from the Botanical garden here in AZ. Not mine tho, taken from the internet.

• goldie0827
    edited March 2016

BJ, 73 years old.

• Pammac47
    Pammac47 Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2016

Ladies

Sorry didn't get back sooner, but I've been riding, even though it hurts 😁. I am one of the most stubborn people I know about giving up my fun. I raised my child when I was very young and when I found myself single at 45 again, just decided I liked it. I have a beautiful daughter, son-in-law and two gorgeous grandkids to be thankful for. But only two dogs to account to and frankly we don't hold each other accountable, lol. I have rode motorcycles many years, but once I realized I wanted my own became Free. Rode a sportster for years and purchased a trike two years ago, so I can haul my crap with me 😊. Took a trip to Grand Canyon last year and recently bought a cool trailer to sleep in. So I was very blessed prior to BC. I am 51yrs old and have the best friends. I go to my local Eagles club where we cut up and laugh too hard, and I usually smile a lot. This did hit hard, but I'm bouncing back and smiling again. I can be found with a coors light or 10ish ☺️. Several nights a week!