Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited March 2016

Cami, how do you feel about Mary and I heading your way for a visit? I know you don't know how you are feeling from day to day, but I think I can cancel hotel 24 hours in advance.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited March 2016

Ooh, party at Cami's!

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2016

Happy St Pattys Day!, Hope you all partook in some green beer! My cousin took me out for some yummy green beer tonight and we went to one bar that had a bag pipe band in it. It was pretty awesome.

I started to pack and realized damn I be got a lot of shit to go through. Lol.

Cami your right I hope this is our last move. I really like this house and the neighborhood.

NM you should find out when the Race for the cure is in your necklace of the woods and go for it. I'm sure you would fit right in

Mary I'm glad your friend turned out so well,

Love you guys,

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited March 2016

LORI I WOULD LOVE IT, BUT U KNOW HOW BORING COMING HERE IS, BUT PERSONALLY I WOULD LOVE IT, IT'S SO FURCITING. MUAH XOX

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited March 2016

Nancy, what a gorgeous house--and thank goodness they’ve managed to “ease the seize” so to speak!

Cami, there’s a dispensary in Andersonville (a block or two s. of Foster, on Clark) and another one up in Evanston. Not sure about the west ‘burbs--DuPage doesn’t sound like a hotbed of hemp tolerance.

Bob’s car developed two wobbly wheels and he took it in to NTB in Evergreen Park this aft: both wheel stabilizers had to be replaced, in the nick of time before the rims could get bent and the tires warped. But the car wasn’t ready until tonight and he had to miss the B’way Cellars’ St. Patrick’s Day dinner. He figured that since he was already down on the S. Side he would stay at the Oak Lawn Hilton in order to get to Christ Hosp. early tom’w morning to read echoes & EKGs--but there were huge St. Paddy’s bashes at the hotel and the rooms were all booked to keep guests from having to drive drunk, so he had to stay at a Hilton Garden Inn at Midway instead. I went to the dinner, and got their corned beef & cabbage. I asked to sub out green beans for the potatoes, but they just brought me green beans on the side. The corned beef was thick and tender (braised all day) with a silky mustard sauce; the cabbage was grilled in wedges after being steamed. The spuds looked yummy but I didn’t dare! They didn’t have Kaliber but they did have O’Doul’s. (Why is it that the non-alc beers are higher in carbs than the “light” 3.2% ones???). Brought home an order for Gordy--he has double spuds. No Guinness in the fridge, but scored some Clausthaler Amber at Whole Foods--it tastes amazing, better than either O’Doul’s or Michelob Ultra Amber. Carby, though--despite no alc. and half the calories of soda.

Sunday is the Jewish holiday of Purim, during which we are actually supposed not to just drink but get drunk. Not this year.

Goldie, I would be deliriously happy to be in the 160s again. Heck, I’m happy just to keep it <200!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited March 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy TGIF!Yeah, Friday!I was absolutely furious yesterday when one of the managers called me up and told me that I had to sit where I was and wait for an hour and a half for an appointment she set up with a family member.I was supposed to be seeing another patient a 45 minute drive away at that time, made the manager call that patient's family and explain why I had to make a late visit.Got home just before 9 pm.I d@mned well better be done work at a reasonable time tonight or there will be fur flying in the office, and it won't be mine. . . I mean, really, how are we supposed to get our survey question of "did the nurse always come when expected" numbers up if we can't make appointments with patients and stand a chance of keeping it?Yesterday was the 3rd time out of 4 days I had to reschedule with that patient.It may be time for Native to havea hissy fit at work.If I can work up the energy.

Pam--when you get done with your friend's house wanna help me clean up mine?Just kidding, but I do wish I could find someone to either motivate me or do the cleaning for me sometimes.Florida to Calif on a bike?Must have been some ride, I can imagine your behind being sore.Enjoy living and fun, see you soon.

Goldie--nurses do more than docs, but doc bring in the $, so guess who gets listened to?Nice Paddy, is he joining Pants and Jock?

Cammy--Dragon is a dictation software.Not sure what kind of software my work tablet has, but it is kinda funny the mistakes it makes, and you do have to tell it the punctuation.So I'll be talking along and have to pause and say "comma" or "period" or "question mark" and it totally blows my flow.I can till type faster than I can dictate for anything longer than a couple of sentences.Yes, Medical willie is legal in Maine, and there are dispensaries.A person with a Medical Marijuana card can grow a certain amount of willie, but most use the dispensaries where they can get the weed to smoke, or marijuana butter or cookies or other eatables.It's actually legal in Maine to have a small amount of willie for recreational use, but it's not legal to buy it without a Medical card, so I'm not bothering with it at this point.

Collett--I love bag pipes!A whole band must have been crazy fun!There are several races in Maine, I'm not sure I can walk 3 miles right now, but it would be something to work toward.

Chi-Wobbly wheels are not good!Glad it got caught before big damage was done.I keep forgetting how good corned beef can be.I never knew Purim was a holiday for getting drunk!Learned something new!

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD:

Fiery Blue Mustang

1/2 oz Banana Liqueur

1/2 oz Blue Curacao

1/2 oz Everclear

Directions

Mix ingredients and light on fire. Blow out flame, saddle up, and enjoy the ride!

Best served in a Shot Glass.

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

GOOD MORNING LADIES,

SANDY,HOW COULD U NOT EVEN TASTE THE POTATOES? SEE THAT MAZES ME.BUT I HAVE TO SAY I NEVER HEARD OF PURIM,? SEE IRISH HAVE ST. PATTY'S DAY, AND THE ITALIANS HAVE SUNDAYS--SO TRADITIONS CARRY ON FOR SOME. DO U STAY HOME OR IS THERE SOME TYPE OF PARTY?

OK SNEAKY LORI, U ALREADY TALKED TO MY DD ABOUT THIS, I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, I'M PRAYING THINGS ARE UNDER CONTROL FOR A FEW DAYS AT LEAST, THAT WOULD BE GREAT AND IT WON;T BE SO BORING FOR U. MARY I HOPE U CAN COME TOO, I WOULD LOVE TO MEET U.

WHAT STORMS WE WERE HAVING ALL AROUND US, SANDY DID U GET MUCH? WE ENDED UP WITH MUCH LESS THAN THEY SAID, BUT MARTY HAD ALL THE PLANS LAID OUT JUST IN CASE AND I WAS REALLY GOING INTO PANIC MODE AND I HAD NO XANAX AND WHEN MY CAT ONLY HID ABOUT 10 MINS. I THEN KNEW WE WERE FINE. BUT LOT OF PLACES WEREN'T. CRAZY MARCH, AS THEY SAY.

WELL TGIF THESE WEEKS GO BY SO FAST , ST. JOSEPHS DAY IS SATURDAY AND SPRING AND PALM SUNDAY IS THIS WEEK--LENT WENT BY SO FAST. I ACTUALLY DON'T GIVE ANYTHING UP FOR LENT ANYMORE I USED TO TRY TO JUST BE NICER TO PEOPLE, WELL NOW I JUST STAY IN MY ROOM LONGER, SO I'M THRILLING MY FAMILY. THAT'S IT.

EVERYONE HAVE A SUPER DAY.

I LUBS U ALL. AND I MISS DARA

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

I FORGOT TO TELL U JOEYS WILL BE IN THE MEMORIAL DAY PARADE WITH THE MARCHING BAND--HE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO PUT HIS MUSIC ON THE BOY IN FRONT OF HIM AND TAPE IT TO HIS BACK, BUT HE WON'T--THEY MARCH AND PLAY FOR AN HR. THEN I THOUGHT OMG WHO ARE THE FIRST KIDS THEY MAKE FUN OF, YES THE MARCHING BAND, BUT HE COULD CARE LESS SO THAT'S GOOD.

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited March 2016

Morning girls, just a few minutes till I jump in the shower and get ready for work. Only had time to scan posts. Pooches are so tire, they were in daycare 2 days in a row, went out to pee then back to bed, DH is snoring like a freight train after his 3 days of driving. Wish I could join them.

Nancy, the house is beautiful! Move in condition too! Love it!

Cami, can't wait for some face time!

NM, a hissy fit may be in order, sounds like your manager needs to step in your shoes for a few days. Hope you get home at a decent hour tonight.

Sandy, St Patty's Day feast sounds yummy, I didn't get any this year, DH and I went out last night but it was a fish place. Glad wobbly wheels were caught before an accident! Keeping weight down is a never ending battle, ugh, wouldn't it be nice to be one of those people with skinny genes?

Lori, looks like we're taking a road trip! Monday the 28th? nice leprechaun! !

Gotta run, love you girls!

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

image JUST IN CASE NM IS TO BUSY DOTD

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

Good morning friends- feel pretty trashed on this Friday morning and have to go do a car service apt this morning. Nothing major, and Friday's are supposed to be my non client day but they find ways to fill up my schedule with their bottomless pit of wants and needs. Ha ha, bite me! I have a test lead who has been working from home and trying to get me to do her work this week, which has pissed me off. NM, I may join you in a hissy fit. I work with some great people and then with some who don't want to work at all, know what I mean? That being said, everyone has too much to do and seems overwhelmed. I need to keep up my own boundaries with them as they have none?

Good news for the week is getting a fat client check in the mail yesterday which gets deposited today, some good progress on my own work on the project, spending time outside in the evenings in the light, plans with a friend tomorrow afternoon in Santa Fe!

NM- that was a late night for you and hope things go better at your work too. I know of Dragon as my sister uses it in her work, as do many other orgs. I hope you can get some rest this weekend.

Cami- so excited for Joey about the Memorial Day parade. I used do that in our school band in grammar school with my flute. Yay Joey!

Have to get going to the Subaru dealer. More later!

• goldie0827
    edited March 2016

NM, hoping for a better day for you. Hoping no fur has to fly. The weekend is almost here! We can never have too many Tenders. We just need more loungettes!

Chi, a holiday to get drunk….oh yeah!

Cami, I need to get with Mary. We had forgot it would be Easter on Sunday. Maybe Monday 28th?Oops, yes I did talk to your DD. But she didn't answer me. And I don't want you telling us to come and you don't feel up to it!!! Will you be able to go to the parade? Sweet of you to get a DOTD for NM.

Mary, I'll get a hotel booked some time today.

Jazzy, rough week for you too, sorry. Like I said, the weekend is almost here!

Time for me to have labs drawn and also having to fast as my reg doctor wants to check my thyroid and cholesterol. Just got off the phone with my mom, she's been having some horrible sugar issues. Numbers dropping into the 40's. She was back in the hospital earlier in the week. Come to find out, she's practically been OD'ing on insulin. Her doctor had told her to take 10 units during the day and 20 at night, when she should only be taking 2 or 3!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited March 2016

hello all

,hope you can all meet up lori,sue and cammi

hello pam i'm in cape coral fl

nancy-hooray for seizures under control and what a wonderful programme ,so glad you have it for support, when your in the rabbit hole ,its hard to find a way out on your own, wish that kind of programme was wide spread ,it would be so useful, the new house looks wonderful,i;m sure the kids will find a way to race their go karts around that open planning

nm-glad the knee is better,' BLOODY COMPUTER ' programmes, .for every person with common sense who is designing them their is 10 bolloxing them up it seems to me and at my greeter job the same applies to insurance programmes too! who is the bloody idiot or idiots that decided that to go to an urgent care the family of active military needed to get approval first! in my next life i want to come back as a dog as i think miss sadie as it right

good luck joey at the parade

well the mri showed no tear but tendonits,and a bone spur causing some impingement so going to an ortho but workers comp after to set up the appointment so will be at my greeter job until then so my boss was her usual pleasent self, still hasn;t asked how i'mm doing, she;s now down at least 4 nurses plus me off,another seasonal leaving soon and one on maternity leave, can you say oh shit and ,one starting soon with 15 months experience but she needs more experineced nurses but not getting them,.for the last job they posted 3 months ago got only 3 applicants ,

• chisandy
    edited March 2016

Check this out (the headline from MD Magazine, an online trade pub. for doctors read “Beer Fights Cancer”):

http://www.hcplive.com/medical-news/scientists-brewing-cancer-fighting-compounds-from-beer-hops?utm_source=Informz&utm_medium=HCPLive&utm_campaign=Trending_News_2_3-18-16

Apparently, it’s not the alcohol but the hops in IPAs especially. Hoppy non-alcoholic beers include Clausthaler (especially the new Amber), Bitburger, and Kaliber.

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

GOOD MORNING LADIES,

WELL BEER, HUM LIKE THE DRINK, LIKE THE ARTICLE, MORE PROOF FOR ME. THANKS SANDY.

BOY, U GALS ARE BUSY, NOW IT'S SAT. MORNING SO I HOPE U GET THE REST U DESERVE.

OH JULIE U'VE GOT SOME PROBLEMS GOING ON, BUT THAT SOUNDS PAINFUL, I HOPE IT ISN'T AWFUL FOR U CUZ U HAVE TO STILL WORK.

LORI U SHOULD KNOW BY NOW LESLIE CAN BE A FLAKE, REALLY, BUT WE DON'T TELL HER CUZ SHE GETS SO UPSET WE LIVE WITH IT. BUT I PROMISE I'LL TELL U THE TRUTH ON HOW I FEEL PRAYING I'M GOOD.

I CAN'T BELIEVE EASTER IS NEXT WEEK, WTF. I STILL REMEMBER WHEN WOMEN WORE HATS, LONG TIME AGO,AND NOW HATS ARE BACK.

NM IT'S STILL DARK HERE, BLAH, BUT I'M STILL NOT USED TO THIS TIME.

I LUBS U ALL

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

OO OOO, PAM DID U GET U'R PORT OR IS IT MONDAY? IF U GOT IT U KNOW T'S EASY, IF NOT KNOW IT'S EASY, I REMEMBER GOING TO WORK THE NEXT DAY.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited March 2016

CAMMI! Are you still up? Or did you go back to bed with your phone? I've been posting on the Older Women's thread, just because I am "older" they say.... Ha!

I thought of all you gals on this thread because I just watched a video of Channing Tatum's wife dancing for him.... YOWsers! But I didn't want to be uncouth, and post it here... but I should have.

• nativemainer
    edited March 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes! Sadie and I had a wonderful sleep in this ayem. She is such a good bed warmer on cold nights. Going to be sunny but cold today and tomorrow with "plowable" amount of snow Sunday nite into Monday ayem. What a way to start the first week of spring! I had a bit of a hissy fit at work yesterday, but the manager that I'm upset with wasn't working, so my heart really wasn't in it.

Opinion Poll:What would you do if you were asked to sign a consent for health care services with the effective date (the date the services would start) left blank? As in deliberately left empty so the agency could fill it in later.

Cammy--The week sure are flying by. March is coming in like a lion and going out like one, too. Hoping April will be more lamb-like.And I'm sure your family loves having you around! Hooray for Joey in the Marching Band! I bet he has a blast.

Genny--I did get home at a decent hour yesterday, thank you! I can just hear the snoring going on from here. Not fair when the pooch(es) get to go back to bed and we have to stay up.

Cammy--Nice DOTD!

Jazzy--You definitely need to set and keep your own boundaries or you will get swallowed up by those who have none or are "bottomless pits of wants and needs" as you so eloquently put it.Going to be a nice weekend with NO WORK STUFF.Don't know exactly what I'm going to do yet, but it will not be work related!

Goldie--WOW! You mom is lucky to survive that kind of mistake! I hope someone is looking into this to see if disciplinary action is needed somewhere.

Julie--Good news on no tears.Tendonitis is bad enough but manageable. Bone spur with impingement? Sounds ouchy. I wonder if any in upper management has noticed the trend under your boss. Being down that many nurses should be triggering an investigation into why. If nurses are getting hurt maybe it's time to address the risks.And if they want experienced nurse they probably need to pony up some money. I know from experience it's hard to get any financial credit for experience in nursing. And you are so right about more people bolloxing up the computer systems than helping with them! And I've always thought that a dog's life was a pretty good one!

Chi--Interesting article. So now I gave myself bc by not drinking beer. Guess I should have learned to like the taste of beer!

Cammy--maybe you and I should start a letter writing campaign to abolish changing the time twice a year. Bad enough to get up in the dark in the winter without having to go back to getting up in the dark after the sun starts coming up at a decent hour!

• ncollett
    ncollett Member Posts: 753
    edited March 2016

Morning ladies! Cami I hope Joey has a blast in the parade and I hope that you get to meet up with the girls.

Lori safe travels and give Mary and Cami hugs from me. And yep my seizures are gone. I have not had a one in over two weeks! And this is the best I have felt in over two years.

Julie sorry your hurt but not sorry pour away from what sounds like a very stressful situation.

Mary how's Nora? She is so stinking cute!

Gotta run for now see you all later

• goldie0827
    edited March 2016

Julie, glad there is no tear, but dang….it's always something for you.I think you deserve a trip back to DW! And it's Mary and I going to Cami's, not Sue. But I sure wish she could go!

Chi, yay for beer….CHEERS!

Hey Mary, do you have any kind of toll pass? I think they offer them at the car rental, but not sure if they charge for them or not. I blew through 3 of them the last time I went to Cami's.

Cami, you better be up front with me. I have booked our room at the Hampton. Maybe you guys want to come there and go swimming? Not sure what time we will get there. Probably late afternoon. Hampton's website says I can cancel the room, up until 6 pm of the day of check in. So no worries, ok. I'll be heading in that direction, even if we don't come. As I will go to meet Mary for lunch.

My dahling ED, it's good to see you poop your priddy lil head in the HTL. And just an FYI, we like uncouth!

NM, not fair to have the hissy fit, and the one it's directed at isn't there. Hopefully it still felt good. Not sure how to answer your "poll". But most likely I would agree with YOU! As for my mom, she will not do anything about the doctor. She LOVES him. He always tells her everything is great, your're doing good. He says nothing really, cuz he KNOWS she is not going to change her ways. She says they hug, say love you, and on her way she goes. He has to be like 80! Or close to it. Change doctors, no way! Ha, lemonade is the only thing I recognize in that drink. The Tyku is pretty tho.

Nancy, no seizures in 2 weeks. Hip hip hooray. May they stay gone forever!!! AND EVER!!!

No news on my end, just happy to be traveling next week to see those that I love. Silly trip ends up costing me about $1000. Sounds crazy eh?

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

Good morning friends- glad to be through the work week. I am with NM in that no work this weekend. I do have some tax work to do for my biz, but will focus on that tomorrow.

I am getting a few things done around home and heading to Santa Fe for the afternoon to meet a friend for some shopping and a birthday meal. Day looks perfect for the trip!

Will check in again tomorrow and hope for those in the NE, you don't get the big snow storm I keep hearing about.

• heidi s
    heidi s Member Posts: 398
    edited March 2016

Good evening lovely ladies!

Cami, I can totally relate to your SIL. My dad lives with his brother, so when my uncle gets sick, I walk around with disinfectant. And spray the shit out of the house. How is your DD feeling? Btw, in my high school band was cool. Love your gin and maple cocktail!

Memasue, you are beautiful! Would love to hear stories of your bartending days in Vegas. Or just a signature cocktail you enjoyed making? You're the real deal. I opted out of reconstruction. I just didn't want to deal with TEs, and the potential problems that goes with that territory. I'm very happy with my choice. Yep, still in OH with my dad.

Genny, happy anniversary! How is your foot and eye? Still loving this weather. Fingers crossed.

Where did you celebrate your anniversary? I hope you had an incredible meal.

Ncollette, beautiful home!

Goldie, prosecco is an Italian sparkling wine. You can get a decent bottle for fairly cheap, like 10 bucks, unlike champagne. It's great for mimosas. How is your mom??

Sandy, Lily's chocolate bars (sweetened with stevia) are low in carbs and calories. One bar is around 340 calories and between 16 and 18 net carbs. Whole Foods carries it. Also, Lawash wraps are fantastic. I've had every low carb bread/wrap that has ever existed, and Lawash beats them all. There isn't that weird gritty texture and after taste. 4 net carbs per wrap.

Jazzy, when is your birthday? I hope you had fun in Santa Fe. I need to schedule my dad's Suberu for an oil change/service.

Native, I'm sensing that you are in need of a spa day. Massage, mani/pedi?? You are going through so much with work. You need to treat yourself to something relaxing and fun, however that looks for you.

Love the fiery blue mustang DOTD! I'm a huge fan of blue cocktails, and flames. This reminds me of a shot that was popular here in north east Ohio back in the 80's.

My DOTD (inspired by Native)

Hot Peach Pie:

1 0z peach schnapps

1/2 0z 151 rum

In a shot glass pour schnapps, and top with rum. Light it, then blow it out and drink up!

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

HI GALS,

JUST THOUGHT I'D POOP IN, CUZ THAT'S WHAT I DO BEST.

NANCY I'M SO SO HAPPY TO HEAR HOW U'R FEELING AND IT'S SOUNDS SO GOOD. OH IT'S ABOUT TIME YYYAAAAAYYYY.

LORI I PROMISE I'LL BE HONEST ABOUT HOW I FEEL, I WANT TO SEE U AND MEET MARY SO MUCH SO LIKE I SAID I'LL BE PRAYING FOR THIS.

HSANT HOW LONG HAVE U BEEN WITH U'R DAD NOW? THIS CAN'T BE EASY FOR U. ARE THINGS GOING BETTER THEN WHEN U GOT THERE? U MUST REALLY MISS BEING HOME.

CHEVY WHEN DID U EVER HAVE COUTH? I DIDN'T KNOW U THEN. STOP IN MORE OFTEN U BRAT.

I HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GOOD WEEKEND THE KIDS WENT OUT TONITE TO GET A FEW THINGS FOR JOEY, HE DOESN'T EVEN BELIEVE IN THE EASTER BUNNY ANYMORE, SO I DON'T KNOW WHY, BUT THEY BOUGHT ME SOMETHING TOO SO IT'S ALL GOOD NOW.

HAVE A PLEASANT NITE'S SLEEP. MAUH

• chisandy
    edited March 2016

hsant, I usually eat chocolate dark enough that the net carbs are pretty low--even lower when my usual portion is a 1" square. Not enough sugar to affect metabolism. My faves are Lindt Excellence 85% & 90%, Green & Black Organic 85%, Chocolove 77%, and Vosges (crazy-expensive but intense) dark bars averaging 72%, with everything from green tea & matcha, wasabi/ginger/sesame (“Black Pearl"), various chiles (Oaxaca, Red Fire) and.....bacon! (Mo's Dark Bacon Bar). I love to break off a little piece, rub it between my fingers to release the aroma, and let each nibble melt against the roof of my mouth. I brought back some 87% with sea salt from Taormina, Sicily--the salt actually counteracts the bitterness. When I finish it I'm going to look for it at Eataly.

No drink tonight (yet) other than a cappuccino, but we went out for oysters & mussels yesterday, and I had a really nice crisp Brut Sauvage (super-dry, no sugar in the “dosage" they top up champagne bottles with between disgorging & corking) from Gruet of New Mexico.

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

SANDY, YUUUMMY U DESCRIBE FOOD AND I ALMOST FEEL LIKE I CAN TASTE IT, WELL ALMOST.

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

GOOD SUNDAY-FUNDAY--OH I HOPE SO.

SLEPT FOR 5 HRS--ALL GOOD--HAD EXPLOSIVE "D" NOT GOOD WHEN I WOKE UP, I'VE BEEN DEALING WITH FOR ABOUT / HR. I AM SO SO SO SICK AND TIRED WITH THIS. I WAS GOING TO RENEW MY NEW MED TODAY, BUT I HAVE TO CALL MY dR. TOM. ANYWAY SO I HOPE HE HAS MORE UP HIS SLEEVE, AND DOESN'T GIVE UP LIKE EVERYONE ELSE I HAVE. HAS.OK I'M BLABBERING.

IT'S CHILLY HERE THIS MORNING, LAST NITE MARTY MADE ST. JOSEPH DAY DINNER SO JOEY THOUGHT IT'D ALL BOUT HIM, AND WORE RED IN HONOR OF HIS ST. YRS. AGO THEY CELEBRATED BIG TIME.(THE CHURCHES) AND WE USED TO ENJOY THAT SO MUCH, BUT NO ONE REALLY DOES THAT ANYMORE. AND THE BIG THING MY MOM DID WAS MAKE BUTTERED COOKED BREAD CRUMBS TO PUT ON PASTA--OH YUMMY, THAT WAS A TREAT. LOL WHAT A TRADITION.

WELL THAT'S HOW SUNDAY-FUNDAY STARTED BUT I HAD NO PHONE CALLS, SO THAT'S GOOD.

I'LL CHECK IN LTR.

I LUBS U ALL

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

Happy Sunday Funday!

I had a great time in Santa Fe with my friend. I went up a bit early to hit a couple places I wanted to visit before she came down off the mountain where she was teaching some snowboarding yesterday. We enjoyed some great shopping, including a visit to a designer consignment store I did not know about! We ended up at a local italian spot for some wine and tappas before we headed home. That was my birthday treat from her and it was yummy. I had a nice glass of Austrian rose, but only one because of the hour drive home.

Hsant- the birthday is next Sat, 3/26, the day before Easter this year. I get a "two fer" weekend and going up north for the long weekend for a little break and soaking at my fav hot springs. Thank you for asking.

I hope your dad is doing okay?

Cami- I am sorry about the explosive you know what. The meds they are giving you are not helping anything. I am so sorry sister. This is just riddick.

So I have been seeing some posts about St. Josephs Day on FB from my catholic friends. I had to read up on it and it is a day to honor, Joseph, husband of Mary and father of Jesus, correct? It sounds like it is celebrated in parts of Europe in a big way.

ChiSandy- I know Gruet here very well, and the family is from France. They do a couple great kinds of champagne, but have some really nice wines too. I like their chardonnay the best. Although wine making has been going on here since the Spanish came through in the 1500's, some of the wines here are not very good, others are outstanding.

I worked at a winery here for awhile when I first moved to NM and was doing contract work. I needed some extra cash so I worked in the tasting room and also helped at special events they had like weddings, anniversary parties, etc. It was a super fun job, and learned so much about wines then. At the end of my time there, they wanted me to run the winery, which I told them I would consider, but not for the $8.00/hr I think I was making with my part time work. Within a few years, that winery was gone and they sold off the property for a housing development (sigh).

• goldie0827
    edited March 2016

Hsant, my mom is a HOT MESS! To say the least! But thanks for asking. As bad as her health is, I often think she will out live me! But thanks for asking. The Hot Peach Pie looks pretty cool.

Cami, I had to chuckle at your pooping in, literally! I will be praying so hard you are feeling well. Don't be doing anything toopid to make you sick! You will love Mary! Sorry that you woke up with that explosive D. I was thinking we needed a name for that, and of course I was just thinking initials. Well, it would be ED, and I just couldn't do that to Chevy!!!

Jazzy, sounds like your weekend is looking up! And you had such a wonderful day yesterday.

NM and Sadie must be enjoying a sleep in. What seeds did you end up planting?

Me, I'm just getting ready to leave. Packing, drinking, cleaning, drinking and more drinking.

How about the Hot Peach Pie for today's DOTD?

• nativemainer
    edited March 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Sunday Funday!Bright and sunny here, with a winter storm watch for late tonight through Monday evening.Calling for 7 to 12 inches.Lovely stiff breeze yesterday, got lots of laundry doneas each load was dry in the time it took to wash the next.Big project for today is getting Sadie brushed and bathed.Should be interesting.For a dog that loves water she really can resist taking a bath!

Cammy--Nothing wrong with getting chocolate, Easter Bunny belief status notwithstanding.Sugar and chocolate, it's all good!

Chi--I still like white chocolate best.I've tried some of the really dark chocolate, too bitter for my taste.I may look for the bacon one, though!Everything is good with bacon!Buttered bread crumbs on pasta, YUMMY!So many traditions, too bad they seem to be dying out.

Jazzy--A designer consignment store?Sounds like lots of fun!What is tappas?So sad the winery got sold off for a housing development.

Pineapple Pow Tito Vodka Cocktail

Ingredients

• - Mint – large handful, muddled
    • - 1 to 2 oz Tito's Vodka
    • - 1 oz Tropix Pineapple
    • - 6 oz Pineapple Juice
    • - 4 oz of PomHula Juice
    • - Ice

Instructions

1. Mix first five ingredients.
    2. Pour over ice.

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

NM- tapas is Spanish term for appetizers. Things like olives, cheese, and bruchetta bread topped with tomatoes & cheese are all typical of this type of cusine. We had warm olives and bruchetta for our tapas. Warm olives, what a neat concept, they were delish!

I am about to make you very hungry!