Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited March 2016

hungry and thirsty

cammi-wales played italy yesterday in the 6 nations , the score was 67-14, so probably your blow out was in sympathy for italyShocked

lori i think our mothers are in competition again,mum in hospital again, she fell the other night,t also has a chest infection on top of her chronic chest problems plus she had taken her oxygen off so was confused which is why she fell, keeping her in until my dad is over is bugSickTired

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited March 2016

Juliet- I am sorry to hear about your mom's fall. I hope everything is better for your mom, dad and you very soon. Hugs sister.

• juliet62
    edited March 2016

thanks Jazzy,

white chocolate is the best,belgian preferably, definately a snob when it comes to choccy! and no hersheys is not chocolate but will do in a pinch for something sweet! a pharmacy company treated us to pizza and brought reeses for dessert on thursday in work

• heidi s
    heidi s Member Posts: 398
    edited March 2016

Happy Sunday!

Juliet, I'm so sorry about your mom. It's hard to watch a parent get older. My dad also has respiratory issues. He takes oxygen at night, so when he gets a respiratory infection, it's scary. I would think you mom's on strong antibiotics in the hospital. How old is she? Has a PT been assigned to her yet? Prayers out for a speedy recovery.

Cami, Oy. I'm so sorry about the big D! I wish I had a permanent solution for you. "Pooping in", too funny.

NM, how was Sadie's "spa treatment"? I bet she smells and looks so pretty. Now, it's time for her mom to do something nice for herself😀.

Jazzy, after looking at your pic, I'm hungry. I typically don't like pics that people take of food (mine included), but your pic is fantastic! buratta, tomato and basil with what looks like a drizzling of extra virgin olive oil on a nicely toasted baguette, delish! The olive plate is also beautiful. Did you enjoy a little vino with your meal?

Your birthday weekend sounds delightful. When are you going to NY?

Goldie, Happy and safe travels! Hopefully, you'll post some pics.

Sandy, I love vosages, especially the Mo's dark bar and the one that contains mushrooms. I also love the blood orange caramel and the pink Himalayan salt caramel bars. They're a little too high in carbs for me. I indulge in these when I'm having an off day. The Super Dark bar with pomegranate and goji is quite nice and lower in carbs than the majority of the other bars. Not a huge fan of Lindt. I know that the 85% is very low in carbs, but it's too bitter and a little waxy (for me). My dad is a fan of the chocolove bar with orange. I also like Endangered Species. The bar with mint (72%) is yummy. That being said, Lily's dark has 70% cacao, and for 10 small squares it's 4 1/2 carbs and around 100 calories. I like the coconut and the almond bar. I sprinkle a little sea salt. Yum!

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited March 2016

Endangered Species’ 72% dark is yummy, but for some reason I perceive a more balanced flavor (the illusion of sweetness) in Green & Black’s 85%. Could be a difference in the varietals and origins of the beans both companies use. If sugar were no object, my preference is for Valrhona’s 70% and Ghirardelli’s “Midnight” 72% squares. I don’t go near the Vosges stuff if it’s less than 70% cocoa solids--I agree that it’s too carby. Unfortunately, so is the Endangered Species mint bar because the mint is in a sugary filling rather than incorporated into the solid chocolate. But oh, how I miss Frangos, and Cella’s dark chocolate-covered cherries! I’m not a fan of milk chocolate, so I am utterly immune to all those Cadbury Creme Eggs Bob’s patients are bringing him this time of year.

As I understand it, white chocolate has no cocoa solids whatsoever--only cocoa butter, sugar and sometimes vanilla. Don’t know why it’s allowed to be called “chocolate,” because that doesn’t meet minimum FDA standards (unless candy companies got an exemption).

I’m Jewish, but I do believe in the Easter Bunny--as long as I get to be the first to bite its ears off!!!

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

Hsant- I had a fabulous Austrian rose, never had one from there before, usually from France. I got a rose recently at Whole Foods called Impatient and bringing it with my on my little junket up north next weekend.

The NY trip is planned for the third week of October. We have our accommodations booked, and I have my flight into Laguardia done (FF ticket and with balloon fiesta here at the same time, must book air early to get out of her on the last day of that event). My sister and I were talking about the trip today and need to get some more plans in place, including tickets to one Broadway show we really want to see. I expect to do more than one, but may do some others during the half price ticket matinees. That is what I usually do when I go, buy the tix on the fly down in Times Square. We don't want to structure it too much but want to do some museum time, 5th avenue shopping, want to go to the village (go to Blue Note for Jazz), and the 911 Memorial and Museum.

I think I am going to do the last one towards the end of the trip. I heard it is a very heavily place but need to go. I went to the site three months after the planes took down the towers. I can't explain that experience, but it will be ingrained in my memory forever. I want to go back and see what they have done to honor the lives of all the people who lost their lives that day.

My sister has her MIL visiting for three week (oh boy) until the weekend after Easter so she said we would talk more about plans for NY once here company is gone and she is recovered. Three weeks is a long time to have company!

ChiSandy- I gave up sugar three years ago when my glucose went high after I started on the AIs. My whole system was out of balance after treatment and for months later. I buy Lilly's Chocolate with Stevia, which is found in places like Whole Foods and other stores like that. Pricey though, usually $4.99 a bar so I buy it when it goes on sale. It is what I go for when I need some chocolate. The artificially sweetened chocolates do not agree with my system, but Stevia comes from a leaf and seems to be good.

Ha ha, bite the bunny ears off!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited March 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!First working day of spring, and schools are closed in anticipation of a foot of snow that is just starting here.Sigh.But Sadie and I had a lovely lazy weekend.The most we did yesterday was change the bed linens and got both of us into the shower.Poor Sadie, she is such a good sport about it, just atands there and looks at me with a soulful, "I'm so abused, but I'll stand here cuz I love you" expression.Of course, she all but pushed me off the bed during the night, and took over both pillows.She has a very strong Ninja Paw maneuver!

Jazzy--Warm olives and bruchetta, sounds very yummy!I'm going to be thinking about that all day now!I'm not a big fan of olives, but I bet they are really good warm.

Julie--praying your Mum gets better soon, and your Dad!Both sick at the same time, not fun!

Hsant--Sadie looks and smells wonderful.Her hooman is thinking about getting another manicure, the one she got on the cruise was sooooo nice.

Chi--Biting the ears off the chocolate Easter Bunny, such fun, as is biting off the tail!I'm sure candy companies get exceptions. To me, some white chocolate has more chocolate flavor than dark or milk chocolates.Probably has to do with the quality of the ingredients.Either color, it's somethingI have to stay away from most of the time cuz I will eat it steadily until it's gone.Way to many calories in when I do that.

Jazzy--Sounds like a fun trip you've got in the works!Good for you!

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD:

Snowflake

1 1/2 oz Pear Liqueur

(crushed) Ice

2 oz 7 Up

3 oz Milk

Directions

Blend Pear Liqueur, Milk and Ice. Add 7-Up to taste.

Best served in a Cocktail Glass.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited March 2016

Oh wow NM, that is a lot of snow.

Jazzy, warm olives? Who would have thunk? Lovely plates of food!

Julie, sorry about your mom. I hope she didn't hurt herself. LOL about Hershey's not being chocolate!

Hsant, I will post some pictures, provided anyone in them says it's ok.

Sandi…

Jazzy, I didn't think you could book plane tickets so far in advance. Being at the 911 place had to be so surreal. And to go back now! What an experience. We hope to be at the balloon fest this year. 3 weeks IS a long time for company! But I wouldn't mind it with one of my kids or my brother. My mom, no way!

NM, spa day for Sadie and then she hogs the bed. You deserve a mani! I've never had one, just do it myself. Be careful out there today, stay safe. Interesting DOTD, 7 up and milk?

I'll be leaving in the morning, very early. 4 hour drive and they say security lines are quite long, due to spring break and to be there 2 hours early. My flight out is at 11:30 am. So will need to leave here around 5:30 am. Oy vey!

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

Good morning friends- I am home this morning from the client site and waiting for a Fed Ex delivery I have to sign for before I got to work. Going to be 78 degrees here today, wow! Very warm for March, but high winds due in tomorrow.

Goldie- let me know if you are going to be here and maybe we can meet for coffee? I have another BCO sister who may be in town for the balloon fiesta but she is having some other health issues and this may not be the year to do it in the end.

NM- I have friends back east posting photos from NJ up to CT of the snow. I saw Boston has closed it's schools and the Today Show is reporting from the Cape and that looks snowy too. Be safe out there. Sounds like you had some nice needed downtime. I love a change of linens myself!

Cami- I was watching a rerun of I Love Lucy yesterday where she was stomping the grapes in France. Memba that one?

Gotta hop in the shower and get my day going. Wishing you all a good week.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited March 2016

GOOD MORNING LADIES, AS U CAN SEE MY PUTER IS NOT FIXED YET. NOW THAT SOUNDS BAD FOR MY BOSS, BUT IF U REALLY NEW HIM AND THE GUYS U WOULD LOVE THEM, THEY ARE REALLY WONDERFUL TO ME AND IF I REALLY NEED THEM THEY ARE RIGHT HERE. AND BELIEVE ME THEY ALWAYS PUT UP WITH MY INCOMPETENCE, I TEND TO TRANSPOSE NUMBERS A LOT.

JAZZY I LOVE OLIVES ALL KINDS AND THAT REALLY LOOKS GOOD, BUT I'VE NEVER HEARD OF WARMING THEM, GOTTA TRY IT.

I HAVE LEARNED SO MUCH ABOUT WINE AND BELIEVE ME WHEN I DO GET OUT TO GO SOMEWHERE U GALS ARE GOING TO TELL ME WHAT TYPE OF WINE I CAN BRING, I WAS BROUGHT UP ON WINE, MOSTLY HOME MADE THEN JUST WHATEVER, AND KNOW NOTHING, NOW I HAVE A REAL SOURCE. SANDY U AND JAZZY CAN REMEMBER SO MUCH, I LUV IT.

NM I FORGOT ABOUT SPRING,WITH U WEATHER I'M SURPRISED U REMEMBERED--SCHOOLS CLOSING? THEY DIDN'T HAVE ONE DAY OF THAT HERE THIS YR. SO WE LUCKED OUT. OH I CAN SMELL SADIE FROM HERE, OOPS IT'S OUR DOG, ICK HE NEEDS A BATH.

LORI U REALLY HAVE TO GET UP EARLY TOMORROW--GOOD LUCK AND VERY SAFE TRAVELS AND I HOPE TO SEE U TOO.

JULIE, I'M SO SORRY ABOUT U'R MOM,EVERYTHING IS SO WORRYABLE (MY WORD) AT CERTAIN AGES AND IT'S HARD TO TAKE IN. OH CHIT I THINK I', AT THAT AGE, WELL ALMOST MAYBE. BUT I DO HOPE FOR QUICK RECOVERIES, AND U'LL FEEL BETTER TOO.

I'VE BEEN ON THE PHONE LOT THIS MORNING, ANOTHER THING I DO IS MAKE UP WORDS CUZ I CAN'T THINK OF THE CORRECT WORD SO I'M SURE THAT DRIVES THEM NUTS, AND THEY COME FROM MY DISGUSTING VOCABULARY, OH AND I LEFT A MESSAGE FOR MY DR. THEN THE NURSE CALLS BACK AND IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME QUESTIONS, ALWAYS--I TOLD HER I'M NOT KNOWN FOR THE PERSON I AM, I'M KNOWN FOR MY D, HOPING THAT WOULD BE SELF-EXPLANATORY BUT NAY AND I'M ENCOURAGING THE NURSE ABOUT HIM NOT GIVING UP ON ME (AS SO MANY DRS. HAVE) AS SOMEONE SAID HERE I SHOULD BE IN A MEDICAL JOURNAL-I THOUGHT MAYBE THIS WOULD PROMPT HIM ON CONTINUING. LOL WE'LL SEE

I'M TAKING CALLS WHILE I'M TYPING THIS, SO I'M GETTING CONFUSED, I'D BETTER CLOSE FOR NOW.

DARA WHERE ARE U? SUSYQ I HOPE U'R DOING ALL RIGHT. IF I MISSED ANYONE I'M SORRY HSANT, I THINK I MISSED U--WHO ELSE?

I LUBS U ALL

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

Patron recipe

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

GOOD MORNING LADIES.

NM I THOUGHT I'D SAVE U A STEP AND HAVE A DOTD FOR U, SINCE U MIGHT HAVE TO LEAVE EARLY CUZ OF THE WEATHER.

• nativemainer
    edited March 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!4 inches of snow yesterday.I mean, really.In March.In Spring.Old Man Winter needs some Aricept!I figured out last night that Sadie pushes her pillow of the bed during the night, then takes over mine by pushing me over to the very edge of the bed!Now I have a queen size bed with king size pillows, just so there is plenty of room for Silly Sadie, and STILL I end up with 6 inches on the edge of the bed.I want to live a dog's life.It's the best!

Goldie--2 hours is a long time to stand in line for security!Have you looked into the TSA Pre Check/trusted traveler program?I did before the January cruise, andit was nice to use special security lanes with short lines.

Advantages

Why should you join TSA Pre®?

• TSA Pre✓® provides trusted travelers with expedited security screening for a better travel experience.
    • Plan your travel with confidence and enjoy a more predictable experience.
    • It's a convenient, more efficient security screening process.
    • It's available at more than 150 airports with 12 participating airlines.

No need to remove:

• Shoes
    • Laptops
    • 3-1-1 liquids
    • Belts
    • Light jackets

From <https://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck>

It cost $85 and I had my fingerprints taken, did it when I did my passport.It's good for 5 years.I did it mostly to avoid the full body x-ray scanner thingy that I do not trust.With this I only have to do the metal detector thingy.

Jazzy--78 degrees?Must be nice!We got as high as 25, I think.Although the record set 5 years ago was 80 degrees.Driving was slow yesterday.A lot of people who didn't slow down on purpose got slowed down and even stopped--in the ditches or on the sides of the road.Some people never learn!

Cammy--that doggy smell is something else, isn't it?It was really nice to have a bed with fresh linens, a freshly bathed (and dried) dog and a freshly showered and shampooed hooman Sunday night.Sadie is so soft right now.

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD:

Cafe Grande

1/4 oz Coffee Liqueur

1/4 oz Grand Marnier

1/4 oz Dark Creme de Cacao

5 oz (hot) Coffee

1 1/2 oz Whipping Cream

Directions

Pour coffee and liquors into an irish coffee cup and sweeten to taste. Float the cream on top, add a cherry, and serve.

Best served in a Irish Coffee Cup.

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

WELL AS U KNOW, I'M A BELIEVER OF WRITING TO PEOPLE, SO I WROTE TO THE MANUFACTURER OF THE DRUG I WAS ON THAT PUT ME IN THE HOSPITAL AND THE DRS. SAID SAY GOODBYE TO U'R MOTHER. I KNOW NOTHING WILL BE DONE, BUT SOMEONE SHOULD AT LEAST READ IT, MAYBE THEY WILL BE MORE PRUDENT WITH IT. BUT OF COURSE MY WRITING WON'T MEAN ANYTHING. WELL I HAVE TO GET IT OFF MY DEBOOBED CHEST.

OH JOEY IS WRITING A SCARY PLAY, OF COURSE THE PREMISE IS AWFUL, BUT THE ACTUAL WRITING AND DESCRIPTIONS WERE IMPRESSIVE TO ME, I KNOW, OF COURSE IT WOULD BE. I'M SURE IT'S NOT SO GOOD, BUT I DID BRING HIM UP ON SCARY MOVIES SO HE'S GOT THE IDEA.

WELL I WOKE UP EARLY, WAY TO EARLY AND I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD WORKABLE DAY AND I KNOW LORI IS LEAVING TODAY SO SHE'S GOING TO BE TIRED AND I THINK COMING INTO A DIFFERENT TIME ZONE. I HOPE SHE GETS A CHANCE TO WRITE US.

I LUBS U ALL.

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited March 2016

Morning DahhhhLinks!!

My bad!!! Haven't posted in sev days…please accept my apologies. Was supposed to do blood work here on St Pat's day…so I'd kno if my palates were high enuf for tx next day. Well I totally spaced it. So I took a chance and drove in and woohoo they were at 105, so I got tx, saw the onco and got my Xgeva shot in mese belly. My DS was in town so we spent the rest of the day going over Quick Books. I was too tired to drive home so I spent the night, didn't have my night or morning meds so did without, don't think it hurt missing 1 day.

Onco ordered 3 scans to be done next month. Bone, MUGA, and CT of abdomen/pelvis. So I will be going back and forth, on the 11th, 15th, and 19th . Oyvey!

Been scanning the posts when I can. Still didn't see anything from Dara. Dara - I am still praying for you, hope you not in de wabbit hole. Muah!

Lowee - be safe on your travels, hope u get to see the botanical gardens.

NM - I wondered about the TSAPre board. When I went to c mese aunties I got pre-board on the way, but not coming back. Wonder if it's random too. Ugh, snow again for you and Sadie, not fair. Had to chuckle over Sadie kicking u to the edge of the bed. I think I would love the Café Grande….my kinda drink!

Cami - good for you for writing to the drug peeps, will hope they read it and do something about it. HAHA, Joey and his scary movie, but clever too, he is such a smart young man.

Jazz - I hope you get to meet up with Lori, she is just the sweetest. I remember that Lucy episode, she and Ethel up to their knees squashing grapes. Too funny.

Sandy - LOL on biting off the ears. I haven't had a choc bunny in years but I do remember biting off the ears when I was younger. Thanks for the info on the difference in choc. I do like Ghrardelli's.

Julie - saying some prayers for your mom, hope your dad gets better soon too. Hersheys is NOT chocolate….awww, I'm so disappointed cuz we love the dark choc.

Well off to the store. Ya'll know how I hate shopping, but o well, I do what needs to be done.

Hope everyone finds time to laugh a little thru the rest of the week!!

Lubslubs!

• juliet62
    edited March 2016

prayers working mum much better but they are keeping in for 5 days to get her meds sorted out, that is good news as dad can rest ,he's feeling better but was getting upset when they were saying they were sending her home with diarheaa and incontinent and not walking and on 10L of oxygen when her home unit can only give 4L plus bouts of confusion as you can imagine,family hissy fits going on but she is doing much better and condition is better today

hope everybody is doing well

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

GOOD TO SEE U SUSYQ, U'VE GOT ALOT OF STUFF GOING ON WITH ALL U'R TESTS, I ALWAYS LIKE THE IDEA OF HAVING ALL TESTS IN ONE DAY, NEVER SEEMS TO HAPPEN, BUT I THINK IT'S A GOOD IDEA.GOOD THING U'R PLATELETS WERE OK. AND GOOD U STAYED OVERNITE.

JULIE I'M GLAD U'R MOM IS BETTER, ND I DON'T BLAME U'R DAD, U REALLY LIKE U'R WIFE COMING HOME FEELING GOOD. THIS ALL MUST BE A WORRY FOR U.

OH I WAS JUST THINKING OF MY DAD, JOEY REMEMBERS A LITTLE ABOUT HIM, BUT NOT MUCH, BUT HE USED TO SAY IN ITALIAN WE WOULD BE BETTER OFF HAVING PIGS THAN KIDS, AT LEAST U CAN EAT THE PIGS. JOEY LOVES TO HEAR HIS STORIES. AND I LOVE TELLING THEM.I HAD CRAZY PARENTS, BUT THEY NEVER KNEW IT.

CHIT I HAVE BLOOD TESTS TO DO AND I STILL CAN'T LEAVE MY HOUSE, I DON'T KNOW IF THEY STILL DO THIS BUT I'M GOING TO CHECK IF I CAN GET NURSE TO COME HERE--I NEVER TRIED THIS BEFORE MAYBE I'LL LUCK OUT

• stellamaris
    stellamaris Member Posts: 313
    edited March 2016
    Drea: You go girl! I refuse to give up my daily libation :)
  • nativemainer
    edited March 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Hump Day!Getting up in the dark still, but no snow at least.Lots of talk about black ice.Gonna take the way to work this ayem again.

Cammy--great DOTD, and sorry for bumping you into the pool! You are so thoughtful!What was the drug that put you in the hospital?The nurses need to know, if you want to share.Joey writing a scary play?Sounds like fun to me!I bet he writes well.

Mema--Hooray for good numbers and getting treatment!And prayers the scans go well and all the results are clear.The TSA Pre Check is not random, once you get your number you use it whenever you buy a ticket.Maybe Pre Board is something different?

Julie--I can imagine the hissy fits going on if there was talk of sending your Mom home incontinent, with diarrhea, not walking and needing more oxygen than her home unit gives!Glad to hear she is getting better, though.And your Dad.

Stella--Welcome to the Lounge!

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD is Cammy's Jalisco High Tea!Very yummy sounding!

Patron recipe

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited March 2016

Good morning ladies, DH took the pooches since he is going out of town so I have a little extra time this ayem. Our fireplace project is done and it is bootiful, I will post some pics. I went back to the podiatrist yesterday and she put me in a knee high boot, I'll wear it throughout the day at work and when cleaning, walking dogs, etc for a month, then go back to see her. Since the way to heal this thing is rest and I am unable to do that, I believe this is the best option. She said I can take it off to golf in Sedona but if it starts to hurt it has to go back on. I went to the gym yesterday and swam for half an hour and I am doing upper body workouts now, I think tat is helping my psyche. Ok, this is prolly going to sound crazy but my DH and I have applied for another rescue dog. He is a small shit-zu, was rescued from a bad situation, had a huge tumor removed from between his two front legs and his eyes were so infected that they had to remove them. He is a lap buddy that loves to be cuddled and since I don't have one of those my DH thought we should get him. He filled out an app and never heard back so then I filled one out and she has now checked my references and will be setting up a home visit. As it happens, my MIL's blind 20something old pekingnese is close to the end. While I don't think she could handle another full time dog, I'm thinking this one may be a good companion to her while I'm at work. We'll see, first we have to see how our dogs do with her. Her name is Sierra, part of me really wants her and part of me is saying.. "are you nuts Mary!" I got an appointment with the occuplastic...ologist guy in May, 1st available of course, trying not to think about it and keep it in the back of my mind. Now my sclera (whites) of my eyes have a bluish tinge and I'm trying to decide if it something I just noticed since I'm looking at them in a magnifying mirror each day. Ah well, time will tell. We are getting Nora Saturday night so the Easter Bunny will have to come here, how fun! Her mom and dad are coming for dinner on Sunday. Have no idea what we're making yet. OK, now enough about me.... I have to read back and see what's going on in the lounge...

NM, looks like it's still winter in your neck of the woods. Warm here, DH golfed yesterday. Every morning when I leave for work and see my dogs all tucked in their beds I think, if there is reincarnation, I want to come back a dog in my next life.. (in a good home of course). By now your new computer system should be making your life easier I hope.

Stella, welcome to the lounge.

Jazz, 78 degrees? Sounds heavenly, can't wait for my vacation! NY trip and Broadway show, how fun! Something to look forward to!

Sandy, I don't like milk chocolate either but I do love the dark stuff, specially with red wine.

Lori, not sure what day you are leaving, are you in my neck of the woods yet? Looking forward to meeting up and going to see miss Cami!

Cami, I see by your post that Lori has already left, sorry about not being able to leave the house, your D I presume? Hope we get to come see you but if you are not up to it you have to let us know. Hope the nurse will come to your house, I wouldn't think it'd be a problem.

Julie, praying for your mom, 10 L of O2, wow, Hope they are keeping her a bit longer.

Sue, Glad numbers ok and you got your tx. Hope all the upcoming tests are good and you are felling ok too. I hate shopping to, such a waste of time. I go in, get what I need and ge da hail out. I'm hopindg Dara is not too far in the wabbit hole too, wish she'd pop her pretty head in here.

Nancy, I love your house!!! just bootiful, hope you are getting settled.

hsant, are you still in Ohio? Will you be going back home for the summer?

I only got to read this one page, going to post this then read back a bit but time to get ready for work. Love to all, have a good day!

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

Good morning ladies- feeling like crap like now due to asthma from the high winds here. It is allergy time, but we are having super high winds that have you "leaning" in to the winds. It was ridiculous leaving work last night and then there were the tumbleweeds and other crap flying around. I need to go to work today, but may leave early. They suggest people with resp issues do not go out today. Sigh......

Feeling very sad about the terrorist attacks in Brussels yesterday.

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

GOOD MORNING LADIES.

IT'S SO GOOD TO SEE U MARY, ND A SHITZU? I LOVE THOSE DOGS, I HOPE U'LL BE ABLE TO GET THIS ONE, CUZ I THINK THEY ARE SO CUTE. AS USUAL U ARE ONE BUSY GAL AND TAKE CARE OF THAT ANKLE THINGY. AND I WILL BE HONEST, I DON'T WANT U AND LORI DRIVING HERE TO WSTCH ME LYING DOWN, I WANT US TO ENJOY EACH OTHER.

STELLA WELCOME TO THE LOUNGE, I HOPE U COME BACK SO WE CAN SLL GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER.

DARA WE'RE WAITING.

NM BE CAREFUL OUT THERE. OH IT'S GABAPENTIN ON THAT DRUGAND I DID EXPLAIN MYSELF AS WELL AS I COULD, AND I'M NOT SENSITIVE TO MEDS BASICALLY BUT I WANT THEM TO WATCH OUT FOR THIS--MAYBE IT'S MY AGE??? I TOOK IT FOR PAIN-OY VEY WHAT A PITA IT TURNED OUT TO BE.

MY PHONES ARE GOING.

I LUBS U ALL.

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

HI AGAIN, I MEANT TO TALK ABOUT WHAT JAZZY SAID. I WATCHED THE BRUSSELS CHAOS MOST OF THE DAY YESTERDAY AND I WAS SICKENED. THESE ARE ALL PEOPLE (LIKE FRANCE) THAT CN JUST COME IN WITHOUT QUESTION---THERE WAS ONE ANNOUNCER THAT SAID IF ANYONE SEES ANYTHING THAT LOOKS SUSPICIOUS IN ANY WAY CALL THE POLICE BUT HE DID SAY AND DON'T THINK ABOUT THE RACIST THING JUST CALL. WHICH CAUGHT ME OFF GUARD--THIS IS HORRIBLE--IT WAS 3 YOUNG MEN, YOUNG!!! SUCH A SAD TIME.

AND I HEARD FROM MY "D" DR. AND HE'S BEEN STUDYING MY SITUATION AND WANTS TO TRY ME ON NEW MED. BUT HE DID SAY IT MIGHT BE COSTLY. HAHAHA, I CALLED THE PHARMACY---$1,400.00 FOR 2 WEEKS, LOL

GOING BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD, THESE DRUG COS. ARE INSANE.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited March 2016

I leave for London tomorrow, and if I said I wasn’t the least bit nervous I’d be lying through my teeth. My flight’s at 6 pm--normally, getting there by 3 or 3:30 used to be early enough for an int’l flight, but who knows what extra security doo-dah they’ll put us through? I’m flying biz class on British and using a wheelchair, so maybe they’ll cut me some slack (lately I’ve been assigned to TSA Pre more often than not--though that lane often has a longer line than the Homeland Security Theater lane). Had been kicking myself over forgetting to apply for Global Entry, but given the events of the past couple of days I doubt having that status would exempt me from removing shoes or pulling out my laptop.

I’m getting a wheelchair because I’m still a bit sore from the spill I took in Milwaukee Mon. night (on our way to the garage from the Who concert, I tripped on a raised brick ring in the sidewalk--landed on my R knee, elbow and upper arm). Despite my leather jkt. being unscathed, I skinned my elbow something fierce, just from the friction from my sweater; and wrenched my shoulder. Nothing torn or fractured--that extra padding, courtesy of AI weight gain, finally came in handy, the only upside of obesity. I can raise my arm all the way to vertical. but not very far backwards--making my anti-cording exercise more challenging. And I’m being ultra-vigilant about LE flares--when I got home, first thing I did was wash off that scrape (an angry red partly scabbed patch about the size of a dime) and apply a bacitracin-smeared band-aid. It’s tough to keep it dry in the shower, and I’m a bit nervous about how I’m gonna be able to put on and take off my compression sleeve for flying w/o dislodging the bandage and ripping open the scab. Not to mention whether the friction of that sleeve will irritate it just by moving my arm. Maybe if I can line the sleeve with a plastic umbrella or floral bag (and cut the end of the bag off my hand once the sleeve is on)? I won’t need to use the sleeve again till my flight home--the London-Geneva flight is only 2.5 hrs., the Geneva-Lausanne train 40 min., mostly at sea level or a little above (Chicago itself is 600’ above), and the TGV from Lausanne-Paris only 2.5 hrs. So maybe I’ll need only one such bag.

Mon. night’s drink (with a bun-less bratwurst) was a Spotted Cow IPA (the pub across from the arena was out of non-alc., and I figured a real beer was less harmful than a sugared soda or the chemical cocktail otherwise known as diet soda). Last night, with steak, I had a glass of a Nero d’Avola red from Sicily. (It was the restaurant’s daily $5/glass end-of-bin special). Probably gonna teetotal tonight, given the unlimited free bubbly and wine tempting me in the Admiral’s Club airport lounge and on the plane tomorrow.

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    edited March 2016

Camilegal: $1,400 for two weeks of the bleepin' stuff? I got nuttin. Maybe ask if there's some sort of scholarship program?

• juliet62
    edited March 2016

chi safe travels and good eating and drinking, will be in my prayers tomorrow ,hope your lumps and bumps heal fast

cammi-does the doc have samples or is there a programme because that is a unrealistic sum for anybody to finance unless your name is trump

mary-why do i have a vision of you jogging and golfng with a boot on!

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

Cami- that is riddick for that medication. Who has that kind of money?

I have been hearing more about doctors prescribing drugs where they get kickbacks. It was my first thought here. Does your MD need to pay someone's tuition for the semester? Good lord.

Chi- I was thinking you were going to the EU soon. Please be careful. I just don't understand any of this. My thought this week though was "is this the WWIII we all heard was coming some day?"

• heidi s
    heidi s Member Posts: 398
    edited March 2016

Happy Wednesday!

The dryer broke down, which is a huge pain the ass for me, since I do a load of my dad's laundry every day. I called Sears and the soonest they could get a repairman out is next Wednesday, and I know from past experience it's another week to ten days for someone to actually fix it. Oh hyell no am I going to the Laundromat every morning for two weeks. The closest one is a twenty minute drive. They aren't common around my dad's neighborhood. Fortunately, I found a repairman who can come to the house tomorrow morning, and hopefully fix it the same day. I'm sure you're all jealous of my exciting life😊.

Jazzy, I love rose and unoaked Chardonnays during the summer. if you like a dry rose, I recommend Martin Ray (Mendocino County). Its a Pinot noir rose. Also, Buoncristiani (Napa). Both are dry and crisp. I couldn't find Impatient at Whole Foods, but will check with the wine shop.

My girlfriend had a solid view of the twin towers from her apartment, and witnessed the entire tragedy. She is still very much affected by her experience, naturally.

Just want to say that the only way I would be able to recovery from three weeks with my mother in law (shudder) is with a Cabernet IV drip and a full blown exorcism.

I hope you're feeling some relief from your allergies.

Cami, It's wonderful that you work with great people. Holy crap! $1,400???? MIGHT be costly?? That is just plain wrong.

NM, Good to hear you are rid of snow. I hope the roads were good this morning. Sadie sounds like such a sweet dog.

Genny, how long will you need to wear the boot? I'm scheduled to go home in April, but I'm going to cancel my flight. As of now, I'm pretty sure I'll be here for through the summer. If I do go back, it will be for a week or two. DH isn't too thrilled with this, but he's trying.

Pammac, I hope everything went well with your first infusion yesterday.

Sandy, Wishing you a happy and safe trip.

Juliet, glad your mom is doing better

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

Hsant- Cab IV drip and exorcism, you are cracking me up!

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

HSANT THAT'S HYSTERICAL ABOUT THE DRIP AND I THINK WE SHOULD ALL GET THAT-I CAN'T IMAGINE U'R DH LIKING U BEING GONE ALL THIS TIME--IT.S REALLY BEEN A WHILE.

QUEEN HOW R U DOING? IT'S GOOD TO SEE U, OR READ U.

sANDY U POOR THING U'RE GOING TO LOOK LIKE A BEAT UP WOMAN, BUT I HOPE U'R COMFORTABLE WITH ALL THAT TRAVELING.

JAZZY DON'T WORRY THIS IS NOT WORLD WARIII THIS IS THE TEACHING OF YOUNG CHILDREN THAT BELIEVE THAT IF THEY HAVE A BOMB ON THEM AND BLOW UP PEOPLE THEY WILL IMMEDIATELY MEET THEIR GOD. EVEN THO THE KORAN NEVER STATES THAT. I KNOW I'LL SHUT UP NOW, SINCE I AM THE MOST POLITICALLY INCORRECT PERSON AROUND.

BTW I DID TELL THE DR. IF I WAS YOUNG I'D STRAP A MATTRESS ON MY BACK AND PAY FOR MY PILLS, BUT NOW I NEED A STRAP TO HOLD ME UP, AND I CAN'T BELIEVE HE WANTS ANOTHER COLONOSCOPY, THAT'LL BE 3 IN 4 YRS. I TOLD HIM I WAS THE PERFECT ASSHOLE 2 TIMES AND I STILL HOLD THE TITLE, BUT HE WANTS TO SEE THAT FOR HIMSELF. LIKE I HAVEN'T SAID ENOUGH TO SHOW HIM.