Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited March 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Getting a late start this ayem, feeling a bit under the weather.Nothing serious, sore throat, chills, probably picked up the respiratory bug some of my patients have, hopefully will be able to throw it off with a weekend of babying myself.Will double up on the allergy med, too, just in case it's allergies.

Genny--tacos for Easter?Sounds like fun to me!The thought of black ice makes me very nervous, especially since last year.I can imagine how you and your friends felt after that episode.Thank God only the luggage went over the guardrail.I still have bad dreams about it after driving on snowing/icy days like yesterday.Oooh, can I get some of that IV wine, too?

Cammy--You'll be proud of me,I must have irritated dozens of other drivers by driving under the speed limit all day!But I got where I was going without trouble, so there.Let me guess, you don't know what Rumble Minze is, right?sOK, neither do I!

Rumple Minze® peppermint liqueur

A strong peppermint-flavored german schnapps.

From <http://www.drinksmixer.com/desc330.html>

Queen--sounds like the jury booting will forever be a mystery.Oh well, life goes on!And those "amended IV drips" would be appreciated for self-medication by the nurses as much as for the patients!

Jazzy--I've now totaled 2 cars, and thank God was not hurt in either incident.The second time was NOT my fault, I was going slow enough to get stopped, then got hit (at least 3 times) by people going too fast for the conditions.I don't take I95 to work anymore if it's snowy or remotely likely to be slippery.Too scared.

Fearless1956--Welcome to the Lounge!The answer to your question is one of my favorite Soap Box Oratory topics!

Fair warming, climbing up on the Soap Box, feel free to skip ahead if you've heard this before. . .

We hear a lot about risk factors and behaviors associated with increased risk of breast cancer.We also hear that much, much more research is needed to understand breast cancer, or any other cancer, for that matter.The admittedly incomplete research links things like alcohol use, obesity, and poor diet to increased risk for breast cancer.So which is it? Does research prove that we are all responsible for giving ourselves bc by drinking or eating poorly or being fat or not having babies?I do not think so.Too many women who are vegetarians with ideal body weights who have never touched a drop of alcohol get breast cancer.So don't tell me I caused the breast cancer.Now, during treatment many of us are given powerful poisons that the liver must work hard to detoxify, and it makessense to avoid things like excessive alcohol that also stress the liver.But once that part of treatment is over and done with, is there any real reason to avoid alcohol entirely?For some women, there may be reasons, or that may be the choice they feel most comfortable with.For me, it isnot.Why should I have three years of my life totally consumed with treatment and treatment complications, get past all that, and not live my life in a way that satisfies and pleases me?Living my life well includes a glass of wine with dinner (ok, more when I'm cruising) from time to time, and having a cocktail in the evening when the mood strikes me, or champagne when I am celebrating.This was part of my life before the beast, why should I allow the beast to take it away from me forever?Not gonna happen.When the medical world can show they totally understand how cancer starts and works, and have proven cures for at least 80% of women who get breast cancer, then, and only then, will I stop having my glass of wine with dinner.If it's proven beyond all reasonable doubt that 1 glass of wine is the difference between getting and not getting cancer.Of any kind.

OK, off the soap box now.

Julie--I think moderation is the way to go for all things.Hooray for 10 years clear!Oh my, those poor JW ladies!I wonder if they figured out what they had walked into?Bowel prep and trampolining?Hmm.What do you use to clean a trampoline?That would be CRUEL!

Jazzy--shhh, you're not supposed to tell about us talking about drinking more than doing it!I think I was the hardest core partier on the cruise, and I was having a couple glasses of wine at dinner, and a cocktail before and maybe one after, so 4 drinks over 4 to 6 hours or so.Hardly hard core!And that's only on vacay.If I will be driving one is the limit for the entire evening.

Cammy--I think a lot more people drink their way through chemo than ever let on.There's a much bigger correlation between never having children and getting bc, but I don't see medical types recommending getting pregnant as a prevention!

Goldie--so glad you are getting to visit with your friends.Shaking my head at your poor mom being in the ER again.That is so exhausting.

Fearless--sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders.

Chi--Great explanation!Hope you are enjoying your trip!

Cammy--praying the skin cancer is the slow, easy to fix kind.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JAZZY!

Hsant:I noticed that Sadie was slower stepping outside this morning, I think she remembers going splat!

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD:

Easter Bunny Drink

1/2 oz Vodka

1 tsp Cherry Brandy

1 1/2 oz Dark Creme de Cacao

1 tsp Chocolate Syrup

Directions

Shake creme de cacao and vodka with ice. Strain over ice in an old-fashioned glass. Float chocolate syrup and cherry brandy.

Best served in a Old-Fashioned Glass.

• nativemainer
    edited March 2016

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited March 2016

image HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAZZY XOXOXO

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited March 2016

Morning DahhhhLinks!!

Julie - LMAO, haven't heard the 'coffee thru the nose' in quite sometime. You are not a slacker, u work and play hard…I don't work anywhere but in my home. I envy the energy you have to play, specially at DW. Very nice refrain to the girls going thru tough times. OMG, the pictures in my mind of some in that state on a trampoline. I hear ur evil snickering.

NM - poor Sadie, can't blame her for giving u the 'look'. Glad she didn't hurt herself and I bet u r too. You hit the nail on the head with your info on 'what causes bc'. Makes me very happy to have met you and that you are here with us…MUAH!

Mary - Thank goodness for cleaning ladies (or men) My gal's DH comes with her since her partner quit. Mine comes every 3 weeks. I vacuum in between, jes cuz mese pooches bring in all kinds of leaves, twigs, etc from the part and backyard. That chit gets hung up in their faces and tails, constantly picking up after them. Sawee u had to cancel ur trip to see Cami and Lori, but I kno how it is to be busy. Did u call the manufacturer of ur drug yet. Commercials say a lot of them will help with costs, hope urs will too. Love the IV post…LOL, cept mine wud be with wodka or killa.

Cami - I get it and the nuke stuff. I felt same way. Docs said to stay arms length from peeps for at least 8 hours and not to go near kids or elderly.

Nice that Joey is doing so well. I was thinking of a movie I saw long ago, can't remember name of it, but one of the nerdy girl kept saying 'one day at band camp' over and over then shocked everyone when she told what she did with her instrument. Anyone remember it?

Fearless - Welcome….u sound like u have the right 'tude for this RB. None of us, that I kno of, think a drink or two will hurt anything, but a lot depends on ur meds. Good Luck!!

Jazz - well said on the drinking issue. My PS said early on 2 glasses of wine a week. Well, wine never has mixed well with my digestive track so I have brandy, wodka mostly, sometimes I jes have to have a shot of killa, but not often. Hope you have a FAB BIRTHDAY!!!

Loweeee - YAY u had a chance to poop in. POOOO on tm's and cea…I keep praying for ya girlfriend. Glad you are having a good visit inspite of all the chit u going thru. Love the pic u look as beautiful as ever. Muah!

Prayers going out to your mom (((Lowee)))

Sandy - WOW, gr8 info, thanks for sharing. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time too.

Hsant - thanks for the kind thoughts for my DH. He finally went and got the Kennalog (sp) shot and feels much better.

Lubslubs!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited March 2016

well said nm-i never had kids,neither did my aunt my sister had her son hat 36 but that never come up ! poor sadie. driving in heavy rain is scary enough for me and the number of people ,no headlights even tho its the law but still speeding and i have a heavy foot but even i slow down for the rain ,and i remember that accident last year no repeats allowed

cammi-hoping your brother skin cancer can just be removed

chi have fun

lori,this is just a blip,enjoy your trip

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAZZY

• juliet62
    edited March 2016

your birthday chocolate jazzy,just need some wine to go with it

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited March 2016

Hiya my dwunken fwends!

Jest checking in right quickly to wish ye all a berry berry hoppy Easter! I read a few pages back but have a long way to go. Will weally weally twy to catchup soonliesT!

Blessings to one n all!!

CheeRs!

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

HOPPY HOPPY EASTER LADIES--I HOPE WHERE EVER U ARE U'R DAY IS FILLED WITH THE TRUE INTENT OF WHAT THIS DAY MEANS TO YOU.

DARA'S IN THE LOUNGE AS WE SEE BY THE NEW HOT CROSS BUNS, OH YUMMY. WHEN U'R READY TO KTCHUP DON'T BOTHER WASTING TIME READING MY POSTS, THEY'RE ALL THE SAME. SO HURRY BACK.

I'LL SEE WHAT THE DAY BRINGS AFTER HAVING A NOT SO GOOD NITE.

I LUBS U ALL

• nativemainer
    edited March 2016

Good morning, Loungettes!Happy Easter!Well, managed to catch a full blown springtime cold.Sigh.Annoying, very annoying.Doing the lots of fluids and sinus irrigation and rest thing.Lots of reading.Hope to throw it off quickly.

Mema--I didn't blame Sadie for giving me the 'look' either.But it's not like she's going to listen to me if I tell her to slow down!Glad my soap box orations entertain you.I know I feel better just 'saying' them out loud sometimes.Isn't it amazing how much stuff a doggy can drag into the house from the yard?

Julie--Absolutely no repeats on last year's disaster.If I think it even might be slippery I don't go on the interstate any more.

Dara--suddenly I have a renewed interest in going Easter Egg hunting!

Cammy--sorry your night wasn't a good one.Here's to a good one tonight!

Good morning, Loungettes!Happy Easter!Well, managed to catch a full blown springtime cold.Sigh.Annoying, very annoying.Doing the lots of fluids and sinus irrigation and rest thing.Lots of reading.Hope to throw it off quickly.

Mema--I didn't blame Sadie for giving me the 'look' either.But it's not like she's going to listen to me if I tell her to slow down!Glad my soap box orations entertain you.I know I feel better just 'saying' them out loud sometimes.Isn't it amazing how much stuff a doggy can drag into the house from the yard?

Julie--Absolutely no repeats on last year's disaster.If I think it even might be slippery I don't go on the interstate any more.

Dara--suddenly I have a renewed interest in going Easter Egg hunting!

Cammy--sorry your night wasn't a good one.Here's to a good one tonight!

Easter Lily Cocktail

Ingredients:

• 4 oz. gin
    • 1 oz simple syrup (1:1)
    • 1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
    • 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
    • 1 fresh egg white
    • 2 oz. heavy cream
    • 1 tsp Orange Flower Water
    • 1 oz. club soda, chilled

Directions:

Combine the first 7 ingredients in a blender without ice and blend on low to combine for 1 minute. Add 1 cup of ice to liquid ingredients and blend on medium-high for at least 2 minutes. Pour into a glass, top with club soda and stir. Garnish with ground nutmeg.

food-easter-lily-cocktail-recipe

• heidi s
    heidi s Member Posts: 398
    edited March 2016

Happy Easter to everyone that celebrates

image1.jpeg

Ingredients (makes 2)
    – 4 ounces pomegranate juice
    – 2 ounces orange liqueur, we used Patrón
    – 8 ounces Prosecco (for a non-alcoholic beverage use a sparkling water)
    – 15 pomegranate seeds
    – orange slices
    – sanding sugar

Run an orange slice along the rim of your glasses and dip tops into the sparkling sugar. Start with 2 ounces of pomegranate juice in each glass. You can use store-bought juice or make your own by pureeing seeds form one pomegranate and straining so you get about 1/2 a cup of juice.

Add equal amounts of orange liqueur. Stir, then pour prosecco over the mixture. Top with pomegranate seeds and serve immediately with an orange slice for garnish.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited March 2016

Hi ladies- thanks for the birthday wishes. I am here at the hot springs and getting ready to go soak and do the steam room. I have a treatment this afternoon and all this is helping to push this NASTY cold through. OMG, this has been the worst cold in ages, but this phoenix is rising from the ashes this morning.

I am thinking of all of you and wishing you a good Easter Sunday for those who celebrate.

Hsant- my cocktail of choice this weekend is the Theraflu elixir. One packet of the powdered stuff, some hot water, and stir. No booze for me this birthday weekend (sigh).

Dara- when you pop in girlfriend, you pop in! Nice eggs! I hope you are doing okay, I know holidays are tough after the loss of a beloved family member. Hugs sister.

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited March 2016

HAPPY EASTER DahhhhLinks!!

Dara - so so glad u pooped ur head in, ya kno we miss u terribly!

Wanted to wish all a fab day, have to get busy, leaving for LV in 2 hrs. YIKES!

LubsLubsLubs to all!!!!

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited March 2016

Hi goilies and Happy Easter to all of you lovley Lounge Lizzards.

Wacko, so good to see you love!

I have read everyone's post, but just don't have time to respond to everyone. As it takes away from my family time.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to visit with Cami.

Cami, Leslie said you weren't really feeling up to it. Maybe next time.

My sad face!

Happy Easter

• juliet62
    edited March 2016

mutley recovering after a walk in the rain,would you say he was spoiled

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited March 2016

Happy Easter, everyone! I slept in like a slug yesterday (till 1pm, missed breakfast so I had to settle for an Atkins bar & espresso in my room. The hotel has Nespresso machines in the rooms and provides the capsules for free (unlike every other hotel I've stayed in that has the machines--I brought 2 sleeves of them with me, talk about "coals to Newcastle"). With what little time I had left before the group outing, I walked through Green Park to Buckingham Palace and St. James' Park & back. Very rainy & windy--typical for London in March. Sacrificed an umbrella to the gales.

Last night the group went to Greig's Grill, where I had champagne, shrimp remoulade, steak and an Argentinean Malbec (sadly, a very meager by-the-glass list). Saw "Mrs. Henderson Presents," a musical based on an '05 Judi Dench/Bob Hoskins flick (based on a true story) about a rich widow who bought a Soho theater (the Windmill) as a hobby. She decides to put on a vaudeville revue, but loses money hand over fist until she has an epiphany after getting a huge bill for costumes: she has the chorus girls pose in nude tableaux--because they are posed artistically and are motionless, she convinces the censor board that it's no more lewd than paintings or sculpture. The show is a hit, and as WWII begins, she gives soldiers & sailors free admission, reasoning that for many of them, it may be the first and last chance they'll ever have to see female nudity. Even during the worst of the Blitz, she keeps the show going, coining the phrase "We Never Close." (The establishment now on the site of the Windmill is a "gentlemen's club"). It was a fun show, quite corny and the nudity was very tasteful (the Moulin Rouge, Lido or Crazy Horse it's not). Very well-performed, with the comedy and pathos exactly where and what you'd expect. Probably won't make it to B'way, as it's very Brit-centric.

Last night we lost an hour of sleep--apparently, N. America jumped the gun on DST, so on this side of the pond they "sprung forward" last night. Amazingly, my Fitbit figured it out. Tomorrow when we cross the Channel we lose another hour going from GMT to CET!

Today, a friend & I took the Big Bus circle tour--and due to unexpected police-dictated detours that added an hour, we arrived at the Lanesborough for afternoon tea exactly when we'd originally planned to walk there from our hotel. We had the "Prestige Tea," which included salmon/caviar and truffled egg salad sandwiches, among others, plenty of pastries, scones, and hot cross buns. Our pick of various teas (I love Earl Grey, but I can get that anywhere, so I had their special gunpowder green-Darjeeling blend). And of course, a couple of glasses of Dom Ruinart champagne! Here are a couple of shots. In the background are two of our fellow lawyers. First, the munchies halfway through our decimating them (and yup, that's Wedgwood on the walls):

Next, the teapot--they even had a "cozy" for the handle!

Check out the detail on the spout!

Here are a couple of shots of the display in the lobby (they sent us home with some little milk-chocolate-truffle eggs):

Of course, E.T. phoned home, but from her cell, not from:

Have to leave for the airport at 7am for a 9:20 flight to Geneva, so we'll miss breakfast. Hearing that, our waiter sent us on our way with scones and some pastries! Got a 5:30am alarm, so off to bed--check back in here from Lausanne!

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited March 2016

Hi girls,

Popping my head in again, read a few more pages but have several to go. Where do I start?? Uh, I guess I will wish ye all a Hoppy Easter (again). Hope you are all enjoying your Easter Sundey Fundey!

Lori, sorry that you did not get to bisit with Cammie, love your sad face although it makes mese sad too. Sorry to laugh at it but you is berry funny. Also love the pic of you with your high school friends, enjoy the rest of your visit. And i hope your Mum gets better quickly. Hugs!

Cam, I can't bypass your posts, you are too funny. You cracked me up talking about having the poyfect ahole, good luck with the next scope, hope it is easy. Love you goilfirend!

Nancy, love the new home, best wishes to you and the family in the new home!

Julie, LMAO at your parents inviting the Jehovah Witness's into their home, ooopsies! That cracked me up. Do you have a date that you will return to nursing? Hope you are feeling better hon.

Mema Sue, thanks for missing me, you are too sweet. I hope that you are feeling well. And I guess you are going to Vegas for treatments, not for fun? I wish it was a fun bisit though. Muah seester!

NM, I am sorry that Sadie took a slip on the ice but glad she is alright. And hey, I took the typing test that you posted three times and my highest score was 71 WPM, that is with factoring in errors. I started wtih just over 50 wpm but was dwunk when I did it lol. Glad that the new system at work is saving you lots of time, yippeeee horray. And I too love when you get on your soapbox, good job.

Jazzy, happy belated birthday, hope you get well soonliest, ok?

Genny, glad that the boot is helping you, hope that footsie feels great soonliest. Sorry you could not make the trip to see Lori, chit gets in the way, it sure does. Miss you goil. Muah!

Hello to Sandy, Queen, Hsant, and welcome to Fearless, sorry you has to be here. Dwink up, ok? It is the quality of life not quantity, that is how I roll anyway!! CHeerS!

Chit, who did I foyget? Rounds of dwinks for eberyone!

CheeRs! ya'll have a fabulous weeek!!!!!

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

GOOD EARLY MONDAY MORNING.

WELL AS ODDS HAVE IT I DIDN'T GO ANY WHERE TODAY. LORI I FEEL SO BAD, I'LL MISS U SO, I JUST CAN'T CONTROL THIS CRAP, MY COUSIN WAS MAD TOO.

MARTY'S MOM CAME OVER, I VISITED FOR ABOUT AN HR AND THAT WAS ENOUGH, OF COURSE POLITICAL STUFF CAME UP AND I SAID TO JOEY OH GREAT 'WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A DEBATE,AN MARTY'S MOTHER THOUGHT WE WERE GETTING MAD, JOEY AND I LOLED AND WHEN SHE WALKED OUT OF THE ROOM, HE SAID, DOESN'T SHE KNOW WE'RE KIDDING? SHE NEVER SEES US TOGETHER REALLY WE NEVER ARGUE.

SANDY I LOVE U'R PICS, EVERYTHING LOOKS SO ELEGANT AND SOUNDS SO YUMMY. I HOPE U'R FEELING OK TO ENJOY EVERYTHING.

EVERYONE HAS SOME SORT OF HORRIBLE COLD, IT'S GOING AROUND HERE TOO. REST IS ALWAYS GOOD, BUT U MIGHT NEED AN ANTI-B, THESE ARE TOUGH COLDS.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS WEEKEND IS OVER, THERE WERE SO MANY PREPS GOING ON, THEN IT'S OVER. WELL I DIDN'T DO A THING BUT EVERYONE ELSE WAS BUSY.

IT'S GOOD TO SEE DARA, LIKE ALWAYS AND 2 DRINKS TODAY , THAT'S ALWAYS A GOOD THING.

LORI I HOPE SEEING U'R MOM AND SON GOES WELL FOR U AND U'R FEELING GOOD.

MARY, U HAD NORA THIS WEEKEND RIGHT? SO MUCH FUN I'M SURE.

OK, I'LL SEE IF I CAN SLEEP NOW.

• nativemainer
    edited March 2016

Good morning, Loungettes!Dragging my butt out of bed this ayem despite going to bed early last night.The cough monster kept waking me up. I almost wish is was bad enough to warrant calling in sick today, but it's not and that's that.Need to put on my big girl panties and cope, right?Besides, I'll feel a lot better once I get adequately caffeinated.Only on my first mug so far.

Hsant--did we bump each other into the pool? Sorry!Great Easter drink, with the pomegranate, looks very yummy!

Jazzy--how I wish I was steaming and soaking with you!Hmmm, wonder what Theraflu mixed into my coffee would tastes like?Probably not a good experiment to try.Here's to sweating that cold out of your system!

Mema--Have fun in LV!Safe travels.

Goldie--Sorry it didn't work out with Cammy.Enjoy your family time!

Julie--Mutley recovering from a walk in the rain looks pretty normal to me!

Chi--ah, the sacrificial umbrella, may it rest in peace!That play sounds like a real hoot and lots of fun.Sounds like you are just losing hour after hour on this trip!Wonder what will happen on your way back?What tea fun!Very specially looking yummies and look at the tea handle cozy and the spout! And look at this display!Did you see theDoctor anywhere?

Dara--71 WPM, pretty darn respectable!Glad to see you back, and you know the rule about playing ketchup, don't spend too much time on it, we'll circle around back to those topics eventually when we all forget about having talked about them.I see Pants has a special stock of JD tucked away behind the bar, just for you!

Cammy--So sorry the d@mned D wouldn't let you out, so wish there was an answer for that problem.Hope you sleep well.

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD;

Cough Syrup

1 part Vodka

1 part Blue Curacao

1 part Creme de Menthe

Directions

Mix all ingredients together in a shot glass.

Best served in a Shot Glass.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited March 2016

Well, I just had my DOTD-- a glass of Prosecco--early, because today has been interesting (as in "may you live in interesting times"). Set a 5:30 AM alarm for an early flight from London City Airport to Geneva, only to be awakened at 3 am by Hurricane (you read that correctly) Katie. 80 mph winds, rain, hail, the whole 9 yards (or metres?). Got to the airport only to find that one of our party was denied a boarding pass because her passport expires in less than 90 days (UK & US are okay with that, but not the rest of Europe--even though Switzerland is not part of the EU). She went back into the city to have the Embassy straighten it out--but it was closed because today is a "bank holiday." So her only choices were stay in the UK till she got the snafu solved,or go home, and the big fat rebooking penalty she had to pay made the former impossible. Hope she gets a refund for her hotels in Lausanne & Paris as well as the CLE course.

And our flight turned out to be cancelled. The lot of us are now on 3 different flights to Geneva out of Heathrow (plus one couple who are staying over in London), and mine's been delayed another 90 min. Because we're no longer traveling together to Lausanne, we had to cancel our group coach directly to the hotel and instead have to wrestle bags to the station, on to a train, and get a taxi from the Lausanne station.

Prosecco is working--hope I can catnap before "my chariot" (the wheelchair attendant) comes to take me to the gate. The biz class lounge is packed full of screaming kids and all manner of coughing and sneezing people. Oy.

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

ChiSandy- what adventures you are having in the EU. I loved the photos you shared from London, but sorry to hear of the travel delays.

I learned when I went to Italy in 2009 that my passport had to be valid for a least six months after the trip. Mine was good for about 90 days also, and had to do a rush renewal to get one to be ready to go there and get back out. Now I have learned to check with the countries I am traveling to ensure I know their passport requirements.

I hope you make it to Geneva safely friend. I would be drinking too.....

On my way out to the hot springs for a final soak before heading back home later this morning. The time here has been healing.

• juliet62
    edited March 2016

well since uk started naming the storms they seemed to have got worse,enjoy your travels chi and keep on drinking

• nativemainer
    edited March 2016

Good morning, Loungettes!Still dragging butt, but feeling better.Slept pretty well last night, thanks to the magic of xanax and a long hot shower with lots of steam.I think I'm going to be able to throw this off without too much more disruption in my life.

Chi--you sure do live in interesting times.I cannot imagine how frantic I would be if I were the person with the passport expiring in less than 90 days.Who'd've thought that would be a problem?Cancelled flights I can deal with, sooner or later I'll get where I'm going or figure out how to get back home, but getting from an airport to the hotel in astrange place would be intimidating.Ah the sounds of screaming children and coughing and sneezing people in an enclosed environment, what fun!Praying you have no more issues this trip, and get safely to the hotel!

Jazzy--Have an extra soak for me, and so glad it's been healing!

Julie--whoever thought of naming storms, anyway?It just encourages competition!

Hurricane

1 oz Vodka

1 oz Amaretto

1 oz Triple Sec

1 oz Light Rum

1 oz Gin

Grapefruit Juice

Pineapple Juice

1/4 oz Grenadine

Directions

Pour all but the juices, in order listed, into a hurricane glass three-quarters filled with ice. Fill with equal parts of grapefruit and pineapple juice, and serve.

Best served in a Hurricane Glass.

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

GOOD MORNING LADIES.

HOLY CHIT SANDY, THE TRIP WAS SO WELL PLANNED AND ALL OF A SUDDEN PHOOEY. I'D HAVE A LOT MORE TO DRINK THAN THAT. HOPE EVERYTHING GETS WORKED OUT AND THE REST GOES SMOOTHLY. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THEY HAD THAT TYPE OF WEATHER EITHER.

NM I REALLY HOPE U START FEELING BETTER, COMPLETELY, CU JUST BECAUSE U GO TO WORK DOESN'T MEAN U'R DOING WELL CUZ I KNOW U'R DETERMINED TO GO ANYWAY.

JAZZY U'R SPA WEEKEND SOUNDS WONDERFUL, LIKE I'VE SAID I'VE NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE BUT I WOULD NOT EVER TURN IT DOWN.

LORI I HOPE U'R TRIP IS GOING WELL AND I SURE DO MISS U,, THROW SOME MORE PICS UP, I LOVE TO SEE U.

MY BOSS CALLED ME YESTERDAY, AND U KNOW HOW I'M ALWAYS NOT TALKING TO HIM, BUT HE NEVER KNOWS, AND HE TOLD ME THEY MISSED ME SUNDAY AND THEN HE SAID HE AND HIS GRANDMA (MY COUSIN) WOULD GO 1/2 EACH ON MY NEW MED CUZ THEY WANT ME TO FEEL GOOD. HE'S GOT THE HEART OF HIS GRANDMA AND I SAID NO ONE IS PAYING THAT KIND OF MONEY, BUT SUPER THANKED HIM FOR EVEN THINKING ABOUT THAT SEE WHY I CAN NEVER REALLY GET UPSET WITH HIM?

JOEY'S HOME AND THEIR MOVIE HAS SHUT DOWN. lol ONE OF THE "STARS" THINKS SHE'S FOR REAL AND DID NOT WANT TO BE KILLED OFF AND REALLY GOT CRAZY ABOUT IT, THEN ANOTHER GIRL QUIT CUZ OF ALL THE DRAMA, SO IT WAS SHUT DOWN. JOEY SAID GIRLS CAN BE SO TOUCHY BUT THE OTHER BOYS DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THIS, SO IT ALL FELL APART. SOUNDS LIKE A REAL MOVIE TO ME. CRAZY KIDS.

OK GOTSTA TAKE MY MEDS AND FEED THE CAT, SHE TALKING TO ME.

I LUBS U ALL

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

NM- sounds like you and I are in the same boat, the steamy shower is our new BFF right now! That and the steam room at the springs were for me this past weekend. But alas, no steam room back here at home. I am on Day 8 of the cold and woke up far less congested today and going to work (although not excited about that). I told myself to be careful to not over work today with the short work week and much to do. I hope you continue to feel better.

Cami- that is nice of your boss to offer to help with the meds. I still cannot believe the cost though? And Joey is movie producer now too? Girls like and hate drama all at the same time. Goes for some grown women I know too who are still drama queens well into their 50s and beyond. I remember being like that once too, now I have no tolerance for it (in children yes, but adults, no way!) I hope you are feeling better today and that the D stays away.

I got home from the hot springs a bit after noontime, and it allowed me to get unloaded, some laundry done, a nap in and then worked to finish my tax work to be ready to file for 2015 and also pay my first estimated tax payment that is due in April. Glad to have all that done and gives me a better start to the short work week. I am heading into work shortly and expect a busy day with all that is going on with my project.

Here is a nice photo of the moon setting over the mesa above the hot springs. This is one of my favorite places here and on Earth. I am a hot springs junkie!

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

GOOD MORNING LADIES,

A LITTLE QUIET HERE, BUT I KNOW NOT EVERYONE IS UP TO PAR OR ON VACAY--I'M GLAD TO SEE DARA THO. SHE BRINGS THE LOUNGE OUT IN US, AND WE NEED THAT.

I'M GETTING A LITTLE MORE BUSY WITH WORK, AND I'M NOT USED TO IT, IT'S BEEN A WHILE, SO NATURALLY I'M NOT ON MY BEST YET. OF COURSE "MY BEST" IS ABOUT ALMOST AVERAGE, BUT I STILL HAVE MORE TO GO.

WELL I'LL BE BACK, SO KEEP THE DRINKS FLOWING AND WATER WARM.

I LUBS U ALL

• jazzygirl
    edited March 2016

Good morning friends- got through my work day at the client site yesterday. Everyone there is a congested mess like me, lots of sneezing and hacking coughs. The winds were bad again yesterday, which makes everything worse! I stayed indoors, outside of going to and from the car. Came home to eat dinner and went to bed early. Feeling better every day. I talked to my doctor sister and she thought I sounded better. I am on Day 9 of this gnarly bug.

Cami- glad to hear your work is getting busier. I hope you are feeling okay this week?

NM- I hope you are feeling better too as the week goes on as well? Ordering a round of hot steamy showers for all here.

Dara dear, thinking of you during this time of loss. Hugs sister.

ChiSandy- I hope you made it to your destination okay.

Goldie, Genny, Mema Sue, Juliet, Hsant, and everyone else here I may be missing, hoping these last few days of March are going okay for you.

• Fearless1956
    Fearless1956 Member Posts: 41
    edited March 2016

Hello again ladies! I so enjoy reading all of your posts on this thread. Brightens my day to read them all. You are all upbeat and that's exactly how we have to live our lives in order to not let cancer be the winner. I have been super busy over the past week or so with work, family time, Easter and my 60th birthday (got 3 bottles of wine for gifts!!!). So, I haven't had time to sit down and reply to many of your comments. I appreciate the warm welcome!

ChiSandy and NativeMainer---you gave me a lot of great information. I have previously read a lot of what of what you shared. The difference is that you have the perspective of a patient.........not a doctor or research specialist. Native, you can get on that soap box anytime you want. I'll be right there with you because all you said makes so much sense. And, I also enjoy all of the recipes you post. I'm going to have to try some of them. ChiSandy, it sounds like you are having a great time but sorry about the problems you encountered. Hopefully the Prosecco helped. I was in London about 28 years ago and absolutely loved it. Praying you got to Geneva safely. Jazzy, your spa weekend and hot springs sound inviting and relaxing. Good for you for taking care of yourself!!

• juliet62
    edited March 2016

saw the ortho on monday, he reccommended steroid injections,they had to get approval from workers comp , said it could take a week but came hoe from work yesterday and the office had called and they had already got approval, so will set up an appointment today, but had talked to my temp boss on tuesday to update her and to to say if the appointment was on a workday i didn't think i could come back post injection , her reaction no problem,permanent boss still waiting to ask how i am from original injury ! then she wonders why when the annual boss survey comes around apart from the a@@ kissers is not good when is comes to personel relations!

• nativemainer
    edited March 2016

Good morning, Loungettes!  Sorry to go MIA. but had a late day admission Tuesday, had to go in early yesterday to get it into the computer ASAP so it could be processed.  Had another late day admission yesterday, came in early this ayem to do the same thing, but the visit isn't on my tablet to work on! ARRGGHH!!  So here I am waiting for someone to come in who can get me started, and waiting, and waiting. . . .

Cammy-- good point, I will go to work practically on my death bed cuz I know how hard it is for everyone else when someone calls out sick.  Besides, my peeps need me!  Say hi to Kitty for me!

Jazzy--I bet the steam room at the hot springs was WONDERFUL! I do feel better, things are winding down, only need the inhaler a couple times a day now.  NOw I've got to look for a hot springs place to take a vacay or at least a long weekend!

Cammy--I'm sure you'll be up to full speed before you know it!

Jazzy--love the idea of steamy hot showers, wish I was back on the Disney Dream with the spa with all the different showers with different temperatures and scents and such, would be so good right now.  Didn't take as much advanage of that as I should have while on vacay!

Welcome back, Fearless!  Glad to be of interest and assistance, and feel free to add ot the recipe list anytime you like!

Julie--the very thought of a steriod injection makes me cringe, but I hope it help.  Permanant boss is a PIA and shouldn't be surprised about bad personnel relations responses! 

Coffee Plus

8 ounces hot coffee

1 ounce half and half (optional)

1 to 2 ounces of your favorite adult libation (NOT optional)

Sugar to taste (optional)

Mix in a pre-heated coffee mug, sip and enjoy!

• camillegal
    edited March 2016

GOOD MORNING LADIES,

MOST OF U ARE STILL FEELING KITCHY, BUT THIS WEATHER IS STILL CRAZY ALL OVER, SO I HOPE IT ENDS SOON FOR U.

JULIE U'R REALLY HAVING A HELL OF A TIME, NOW THE STEROIDS SHOULD HELP RIGHT? U KNOW HOW I DON'T UNDERSTAND THINGS,EVEN MY OWN STUFF.

FEARLESS I'M GLAD U CAME BACK AND HOPE U COME OFTEN,SO WE CAN ALL GET TO KNOW U AND HOW U'R DOING.

LORI I HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL FOR U, AND U'R MOM IS DOING OK. HOW IS U'R DS DOING?

SANDY I HOPE U'R HAVING A WONDERFUL VACAY.

MARY WHERE'S OUR ANORABLE?

NANCY AND WHERE ARE U'R PICS WITH THE KIDS?

I GUESS THE HOLIDAY KEPT SO MANY BUSY. AND BTW JAZZY THAT WAS A GREAT PIC. THERE R SO MANY PLACES IN THE US THAT MOST OF US NEVER SEE AND ARE JUST BREATHTAKING.

MARTY AND I HAVE OUR COFFEE NOW SO I'LL SEE U LATER.

I LUBS U ALL.