Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited September 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Fall!Welcome to cool nights and warm days, and watching the leaves turn color.Love this time of year.

Jazzy--glad you're feeling better. And yes, Sadie is as good as an alarm clock, maybe better since she doesn't have a snooze button!

Julie--Good luck with the Ortho!A DW annual pass must be a wonderful thing.I bet you know all the ways to save $, too!Only a few more days until the girls arrive, hooray!

Cammy--sounds like your whole house is getting scoped, one way or another!Good luck to you both and may you both have B9 results!

Winking

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited September 2016

Good morning friends!

Made it through work yesterday and had a productive day, and another one on the horizon. But first, I am going to a prof org meeting this morning for a group I joined a few years ago but may put on hold next year. A colleague invited me to join this newly forming group a couple years ago that was supposed to be for consultants to be able to collaborate together. They are going into their third year now and really still figuring who they want to be when they grow up and am giving myself permission to park that group for awhile. They do have yummy breakfasts and looking forward to that today.

I got contacted about some new and potentially interesting work yesterday. Made me realize how ready I am to finish up this project and go do something else. That is what folks like me do and although this work may need someone who is available sooner, I am hoping there could be more opportunity around this in the future. Going to talk to the folks a bit more about it but have a colleague who would also be excellent for it and who is finishing up some work right now. We will see where this goes!

NM- ha ha about Sadie not having a snooze button. Feed me, let me out, meet all my morning needs! Dogs are funny like that.

Juliet- all the better to have the passes! I bet you are going to have some great fun this weekend!

Cami- wishing you the best on Monday with the scoping. Mine is the day before Thanksgiving. Boy do I know how to have fun for the holidays!

Gotta get going to my early day. Wishing you all a terrific Thursday!

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited September 2016

well ortho really pleased with progress but wants 4 more weeks of pt and another appt but no limitations now

cammi hope all goes well with your appt and all i can say is soft toilet paper and wipes with aloe, hope dd finds out whats causing her problems

good for you jazzy

nm-sadie brand alarm clocks - good christmas gift

• juliet62
    edited September 2016

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited September 2016

High of 87 here in Chicago today for our first day of fall!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2016

WTF is this fall business, and before that Christmas was mentioned. U'r mixing to many seasons, just like salad dressings. Sandy I just hope we do't go from warmish weather right ito winter, it's happened before and fall takes a real fall.

Oh Julie u'r pics and saying are so true--I like when u find these to print. Oh and I only use wet wipes with aloe for years now, learned that from my sister a long time ago, oh I had a terrible afternoon and nite today--it just won't stop.-My poor SIL said f they don;t find out what's wrong with u this time ask for a bag---he didn't get out of my way soon enough LOL

There are al kinds of new shoes on this week, I watched one, the one with Keifer Sutherland, kinda gitchy.

I ordered from Walgreens and it took 2 days again, it's so fast and no shipping charges, the other ones with shipping takes at least a week if not more. I don't get it.

OK just thought I'd poop in, so I'll catch u all latah.

• juliet62
    edited September 2016

well cammi sil might have a point if your d is now controlling your quality of life! how did dd get on?

off to orlando today and girls arrive tomorrow getting fercited now

• nativemainer
    edited September 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!TGIF Time.Raining this ayem, nice gentle rain.Which we need badly.Should be going on most of the day according to the weather guessers.Wish I could just lie in bed listening to the rain this ayem,but need to get up and get moving.Sadie doesn't want to go out and get her feet wet this ayem, she just looks out at the rain and then looks at me as if to say "Really?"Well, she'll go out when she needs to pee badly enough.

Jazzy--Good for a productive day!Don't blame you for putting the organization on hold until they grow up.Nice to know there is more work when this job gets done. Sounds exciting!And yes, dogs are creatures of habit, thank goodness!

Julie--good ortho news!More PT can't hurt, I suppose.No restrictions is a good thing.Hmm, wonder if I could clone Sadie and make money selling Sadie brand alarm clocks?No electricity needed, just fill the included bowl with kibble twice a day!

Cammy--I hope we don't go from warm muggy straight to winter, either.Need to have the fall cool down to adjust.Love the way you can walk around with only one new shoe, is Keifer Sutherland IN the shoe or did he Bring the shoe?Walgreens sounds like a great place to order from, if they are that fast and no shipping charges!

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD:

Autumnal Equinox

Ingredients

Directions

Pour ingredients into an ice-filled old-fashioned glass. Stir, and serve.

Best served in a Old-Fashioned Glass.

• jazzygirl
    edited September 2016

Good morning friends- awake too early today but will be home and can sneak in a nap this afternoon after work stuff is done. Whew, glad to be to Friday. I am really ready to go on this vacation to NYC, now two short weeks away! Whoot whoot!

I went to the prof org meeting yesterday and gave my two cents worth about some of the things that were not working. I spoke specifically to the committee work many of us were asked to help with and what it really looks like. They confirmed that the group no longer has any committee chairs, but no surprise because it is totally too much work and a pretty thankless job. I am going to work with a colleague in the group to make my recommendations again for how they need to manage committee work to make the whole process better. We tried to raise this to the board of directors a year ago, but no one would listen. Maybe the are ready now?

After work, I went to an open house at one of the car dealerships here that services my convertible. They had a nice catered event with tapas and adult beverages. Enjoyed a little glass of cab and also found myself with a nice door prize winning of a Vera Wang perfume and lotion set! For a girl who never wins anything, very pleased.

This weekend, going to do some of the last entertaining on the patio with two women friends from this group. Instead of a party, which is too much work for little old me, I have been just doing misc. get togethers for dinner parties. More my style these days anyways, as you have better conversations.

Cami- the only new show/season I have watched this week is the new season of The Voice. I also started watching the show, This is Us and it looks good, but fell asleep during the premier. I like Keifer and heard him talk on GMA about the new show. May check it out at some point. I find I watch HBO and the old tv shows these day for the most part. New stuff not as appealing. Does this mean I am getting old?

NM- hope your work week is wrapping up well. I want a Sadie alarm clock complete with dog snuggles and the wet nose. She sounds like such a great buddy.

Juliet- I hope you have a great time with your nieces this weekend. Sounds like no tropical storms down that way right now.

Thinking of our sisters Goldie and Hsant who have company or are traveling right now.

Wishing everyone here a good day!

• camillegal
    edited September 2016

Good Morning Ladies,

Jazzy I love how u just pick up and go places and that party was great for u, winning Vera Wng was great. And I agree taking company easier is a lot more fun. My cousin and I were talking saying we always loved when people (we really care about) would just stop by, then u just serve or order something and just relax with some fun stuff. Wow u'r really taking charge, but honestly I can't picture u any other way.

NM gee I guess I typed a wrong word, LOL, if u saw how much I correct each post, u'd LOL u'r head off, that's why I take so long typing.hahha--no one would ever know how much I typed all my life, it's horrible. And yes TGIF but sleeping thru a rainy morning is great, especially with sadie, everyone's favorite furbaby to cuddle with.

Julie I hope they can figure my DD out right away so it can be fixed, whatever it is, just so it's nothing horrible I pray. And no one has been able to figure my D in so many years and when I have it at it's worst I really get upset. I've had every test a couple of times and when I feel so weak all I get is mad, and as the HULK would say U don't want to see me mad. LOL

Joey has today off, for some reason, but of course I don't need a reason, Leslie is planning on going to work today, it looks like rain but who knows I haven't watched the weather but it does feel warm already. We'll see.

I too hope Lori and Hsant are doing good--I miss them.

Well have a great day everyone and I'll try to check in later.

LUBS U ALL

• chisandy
    edited September 2016

Jazzy, have a great time in NYC—we're going Christmas weekend (have HGV points we need to use and there's a property on W. 57 St.). Haven't decided whether we will buy extra nights there or move to the Garden City Hotel—we haven't visited the family graves (Bob's folks' in Flushing, mine in Plainview, LI) in several years; we have friends to visit in Queens; and Bob misses the Garden City, pricey as it is. Haven't stayed there since Bob picked up his dad and moved him here in 2008. Last time we went back to LI (2012) we had to stay at the LaQuinta because the GCH was booked up.

Last night was the Vino Robles (just n. of San Luis Obispo) winemaker dinner at B'way Cellars. Wines were a Sauv. Blanc that was nicely balanced—not too fruity or herbal, and no eucalyptus (“cat pee") in the nose; "White 4"—half Viognier, with Vermentino, Sauv. Blanc and Chenin Blanc—which was yummy (we ordered 3 bottles): "Red 4"—a Rhone-style blend of equal parts Syrah & Petite Sirah with Grenache & Mourvedre (also ordered 3 bottles); Petite Sirah; and “Segredo," a fortified port-style wine made from late-harvest Petite Sirah.

AFAIK, they may be the only American winery growing Vermentino—usually, that grape is used in Tuscany and Sardinia.

• jazzygirl
    edited September 2016

Chi- I love NYC in December! I have not been there in years at that time due to always having end of the year system go lives and other deadlines. Traveling on points is great, got my airfare on SW points for this trip, and will rack up some nice points with the Waldorf stay. Will be happy to share an great discoveries for food and wine along the way. Lots of eating and drinking along the way will be had for sure!

I was never much for graveyards but when I go back east for visits, spend time visiting now. When I went to my parents grave site 2 years ago, it was the first time seeing the full headstone that was put in after our mom's passing. Made me miss my parents so, and I appreciate even more as time goes on. Remembering folks is a nice thing. I hope your visits to your places are comforting.

• camillegal
    edited September 2016

Pretty early Morning Ladies

Oh Sandy the way u describe wines is great. It really makes me want to taste them (well most of them) and start drinking again. I only quit cuz I just lost the taste for it. Now that I think about it, that was stupid. I have a friend who's been in AA for many years and when we all started going out (years back) --from work--she thought I was too, cuz everyone drank and I would just say oh I can't even have one, not knowing she was in AA, well after a while she confided in me cuz she thought I was too. To this day I haven't corrected her, even tho now everyone knows, but for some reason no one has told her I'm not--I don't know why. (silly story)

Jazzy December will be here in no time--in fact KMart has all of the Christmas Decs. up already and to be honest I've already ordered 2 of my Christmas decorations, which I put up the day after Halloween, Anyway it's so sweet that both u and Sandy visit u'r parents, but it's also difficult too. But they would want al of u to have a great trip and a great time. And I'm sure u will.

It's kinda rainy here but fine actually, we turned the A/C off yesterday.

Well I hope everyone has a great weekend.

LUBS U ALL

• camillegal
    edited September 2016

Image result for bartender drinks recipes with coffeeOhh sounds yummy for the DOTD------relax NM

• jazzygirl
    edited September 2016

Good afternoon friends- I was out early to a bunch of errands and an eye apt and got two new pair of sunglasses! Went to a new place that takes my AARP discount and they were super efficient and have their own lab and my glasses will be ready later today, but will pick them up tomorrow. Got one more medical eye apt to do end of October and then should be good on the eyeball front. I liked being able to do a weekend apt for my vision care too.

Also stopped to say goodbye to a business here that I have been going to for years, a jeweler that has done repairs for me, and where I have found some great stuff through the years. They are retiring and no one to take over, and today is their last day. So I bought some little gifts for them, a mum for one person, some coffee for another, and some hand lotion for the third person. Nice way to send them on their way. They were so pleased and did not expect it which is the best part of all.

We got a super cold blast of weather late yesterday and it was down in the 40s last night and snowing up north. That is not totally uncommon here end of Sept, but it seemed like fall came in this week and them BAM, felt a bit like late fall to early winter. Today is beautiful though and fall is for sure here now.

Cami- the Xmas stuff always comes out too soon. The stores seem to be full of Halloween right now, but have seen Xmas things around too. I love the fall so I have lots of decorations including pumpkins, stuffed scarecrows, mats and kitchen towels with leaf and other motifs. Took a bunch of that out today. Everything is pumpkin and spice these days. Going to make some apple sauce next!

I think Joey was out of school and sick, is he better? And how is DD?

And its funny once you stop drinking, everyone else comments on it. You can't handle alcohol, what is going on? I have friends here to really like to drink heavily and did a fair share of that in my day. As a matter of fact, a couple of them are having a party tonight but not going because my weekend is already full. You learn a lot about folks when you let go of or limit the sauce.

Hoping everyone else is having a good last weekend of Sept. Where did this month go?

• nativemainer
    edited September 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Sorry to be MIA yesterday.I seem to have caught Jazzy's cold.And it is just a garden variety cold, annoying but not dangerous, and I'm kicking into high gear the asthma prevention protocol--nebs, extra inhalers, lots of fluids, naps and rest.Makes for a boring day, but better boring in this instance than exciting!

Jazzy--2 weeks to NYC, Yahoo!Boards seem to need a longer time than process planted seeds than individuals, and sometimes I think they become deaf instead.But keep at it, sooner or later youwill break through.Must have been fun to win a door prize.

Cammy--Sadie has become a very popular pup lately!I was able to take her with me to work onFriday, a couple of patients asked me to bring her in for a minute.Sadia amazes me, she is so rambunctious with me and so gentle with my patients, she really seems to know the difference.

Chi--With the stuffy nose and not tasting much I'm sticking with tea for the weekend, althoughI did have a shot of cold Limoncello to calm down a coughing fit triggered by scratchy/itchy throat, and it worked really well!

Cammy--you've turned off the A/C, I'm thinking about turning on the furnace!Very chilly here.

LOVE the Monday Coffee!!!!

Jazzy--it's sad when a small business like that goes out of business.So sweet of you to take little gifts to them, I bet it made their day!

Old Irish Cure

Ingredients

• Ice
    • 1 1/3 ounces Irish whiskey, preferably Jameson
    • 1/3 ounce dark rum
    • 2 1/2 teaspoons Calvados
    • 1/3 ounce fresh lemon juice
    • 1/4 ounce cane syrup or Rich Simple Syrup
    • 1/2 teaspoon honey mixed with 1/2 teaspoon water
    • 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ginger Juice
    • Dash of Angostura bitters
    • 1 thin apple slice, for garnish

How to make this recipe

1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the apple slice garnish and shake well. Strain the drink into a chilled coupe and garnish with the apple slice.
  • dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited September 2016

Hello loungettes! Hoping you all had a great weekend. I ended up coming home from AC a day early due to the fn headaches. Cheryl and Steve extended the stay another night and should be back later tonight. I had my unemployment hearing on Tuesday and am a nervous wreck. Apparently, our governor, Chris Christie, changed unemployment laws back in 2010 to make it very difficult to collect when terminated. I am trying to leave it up to God and tell myself whatever will be, will be.

I bit the bullet and sent a check to Cobra for 1300, two months of coverage. I have got to continue to address these headaches as it is making the quality of my life unbearable. Nothing makes me happy as a headache is always lurking. I rarely wake up with it but never fails, within a half hour, my head is throbbing. We are supposed to go back to AC for a night again next week but I do not think I will go. Both Steve and Cheryl have loud voices, especially after partying. I find myself constantly shushing them and telling them to use their inside voices but they forget and in no time, just the sounds of them talking is unbearable. It is not fair to them to be asking them to tone it down for me. So so discouraging life is right now. I've been chatting with Undercover as she has had / has the same issue and she has a lot of good ideas too. I am still unsure of whether to take the pain management route. I liked Julies suggestion to put it out there that I love my willie and get an idea of how they feel about it.

Gonna hit send then come right back, mighten even make me a JD and coke - \it's almost five o'clock, rioght?? CheeRs my loves!

Image result for a toast

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited September 2016

Hi again,

I just brought my mail in from yesterday and received the unemployment determination, my benefits are being DENIED. I can't fn believe it. I will be working on filing an appeal. It was also suggested by an attorney that I file a case with the EEOC stating that my termination was a direct result of me having cancer and being on so many STD leaves. I think I will be filing the case - I am pissed off as can be now. I was worried but thought that I had at least a 60% chance of getting benefits.

I will be contacting some former coworkers to see if they would be willing to stand up in court and state that it was acceptable to do what I did that caused my termination. I am just sick and want to vomit right now. But gonna sign off again for a few minutes and visit Willie, these are the times that I need his love most. Pray for me girls, it is gonna be tough. I will be forced to live on my retirement funds meaning that there will likely be nothing left for me once the time comes. Damn in, God damn it! He did not listen and I am mad, furious and feel like driving to the FN ex-biotch boss's house and putting sugar in her gas tank then scratching the chit outta of BMW. It is a pretty pearly white car, hmmm, maybe spray paint would be more fun?? lol, yup jest writing that made me snicker. But I promise not to do anyting stewpid girls, k?

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited September 2016

Good Evening DahhLinks

I have been reading but not enuf time in mornings for me to post. My bad!!

Just wanted to poop in and see whatcha all have been doing. My DH is at the bar, I haven't felt well all week, between headaches, gall bladder pains, bone pain came back, my back still kills me 90% of the day. Makes me blue and not wanting to go/do anything. Will see my PCP on Weds the 28th, hope he will have answers to GB pain. Question to our medical gals…on a heiney scope, do they get up into the large colon?

My DS had his 44 bday yesterday. Drove out here hung over this morning. We spent almost all day with him teaching us how to transfer VHS to DVD. 1st one we did was our wedding and honeymoon…lots of goofy stuff but videos of Lake Louise, other parts of Canada, including Butchart Gardens. It was so cool to watch it again after 23 years. We took my Rottie (Tybo) with us. Got him a lot on video, sure do miss him.

It is Fall woohoo. Temps been cooling off here, highs barely at 90o, lows in the 60's. Lots of wind and some rain, rain OK, no like wind.

Am having my last cocktail b4 bed…Takilla on the rocks…LOL.

Jazz - glad that bug has worked it's way through and you are feeling better. Sad about the jeweler having to close up shop. I am really impressed that you thot to take them those gifts. U ROCK!

Cami - Hate to hear u are still suffering. Have u tested for Crohns(sp) disease? Probably huh? I am going to mention it to my PCP when I see him. OOO lordy lordy….that Monkey Coffee is right up my alley…mmmm sounds delish.

Dara dahhhling - I am sooooo sad to hear about your quality of life, I can relate….I hate it. WOW, didn't realize Cobra was so outrageously costly. I say file the claim with EEOC. From what I've heard, Soc Sec Disability deny more than they OK, unless u have an attorney. Really pisses me off that they are denying you…pr1cks! I will be praying for you and sending positive thoughts your way. (((Dara)))

NM - Hope your boring, restful day helps with your cold…sounds like you have a handle on it tho. So cool about Sadie and the way she is with the pts. Funny about dogs knowing that. I remember seeing something about a lady who's dog kept pawing at her boob, it was cancer. Sadie seems to get it too.

Well Ladies, I know I missed some of you, and I should remember where Lowee is, but no…memory still dull…kinda like me…will try to post again in ayem.

LUBSLUBSLUBSLUBSLUBSLUBSLUBSLUBS

• chisandy
    edited September 2016

Mema, sorry you feel so crummy. Hope the GB pain is no worse than gallstones. The point of a colonoscopy is to see the entire large intestine—from anus all the way up to the ileocecal valve—where it meets the small intestine. The scope is skinny & flexible and has both a fiber-optic camera and a curette attached, in order to remove polyps they find along the way.

• nativemainer
    edited September 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Monday Monkey Day!Slept really well last night despite being stuffy and having watering eyes.Feel pretty good this ayem.Hopefully this means the cold is going to run it's course and pass off quickly.I hope.Talk about chilly this ayem, 39 degrees.Brrrrrrr.So nice to have a Sadie bed warmer this ayem!

Dara--I'll be praying for your unemployment hearing.Play the bc card.Might as well get something good out of it, right?Good idea to get the Cobra coverage.Hurts to pay that much, though, doesn't it?Loud voices are hard to deal with when you have a headache, that's for sure.Any loud noise is hard to deal with when your head hurts.Oh boy, denied unemployment?Definitely time to play the ADA/cancer card.

Mema--the heiney scope looks at the large colon, but not the small colon.I think the boring day yesterday helped a lot with the cold.Think I 'll take Sadie with me today, going to be cool enough for her to be safe in the car today.

Chi--good point about the polyp removal during a heiney scope.

Autumn Thunder

Ingredients

Directions

Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Pour contents (including ice) into a highball glass, and serve.

Best served in a Highball Glass.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited September 2016

Chello, I'm home now. I've read through, only 3 pages in 10 days!

Sue, I'm so excited about NED, but wussup with all this other BS?

Dara, you too girl. The headaches and stress you are dealing with, you are in my prayers.

Cami, you too and your DD. I think you are having a scope today, and Les tomorrow for throat. Praying for you and your family.

Julie, good news on your end.

I'll write more tomorrow. Have unpacking to do, house work, laundry and such and get ready to leave on Monday to go camping in Moab. Yesterday was the first day I actually ate twice!

Love to everyone!

• jazzygirl
    edited September 2016

Good morning friends- into the last week of Sept we go. It was a nippy morning yesterday at the growers market, but got some great fresh produce for the rest of my dinner as well as some lovely flowers. Everything went well, a delicious seafood smorgasbord of sea base, halibut and swordfish, along with a fresh kale salad (with kale and mini heirloom tomatoes), and a mix of green and waxed beans. Some pie for dessert and two bottles of wine. One of the ladies brought some sparkling rose, which we had for a cocktail wine and it was delish! They were here for four hours and I collapsed in to bed after getting all the dishes taken care of. That is it for my Martha Stewart entertaining for awhile.

Dara- I am glad you got on to the Cobra, although I know that is expensive when you have to pay the whole thing. I pay $400 a month for my ACA gold plan, but know the cost for the plans vary from carrier to carrier and state to state. Hopefully this will get you through the next couple of months so you can figure out what these headaches are about. They are most certainly impacted your quality of life and hope you can get a referral a specialist to get some additional tests.

I am also in support of you talking to someone about the possible termination due to bc. There are a number of women on these threads who have lost their jobs after they were through their FMLA. The good part about that is that employers can't fire you when you are going through the serious illness, the not good thing is that it won't keep you from being let go at a later date. Hoping something can get worked out here in your favor. Hugs sister, so overwhelming so take one part at a time. Headaches first?

NM- sounds like the bug is getting through your system. I usually have cold that lingers for weeks, this thing I just had was more virally. I could tell this weekend there was some lingering stuff. Hope you continue to feel better.

Genny- so sorry that you have had the GB issues. I had some GB issues in my 20s and remember them telling me I had a spastic bile duct? Weird, it went away but was so miserable and the pain was awful. Maybe that sucker needs to come out?

I heard from my nephew yesterday that he won't be able to meet us in NYC in a few weeks, won't be out of the military in time but in the process of coming out of the Army right now. Hoping to see him next year once he is settled and into his new training program he plans to begin (electrician).

Including some photos from the farmers market loot, and especially love the cosmos!

Sunny crisp morning and must get going to my day. Wishing you all a good week!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,526
    edited September 2016

ojo

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited September 2016

Good Morning Dahhlinks!

Yea, can u believe it, it's me…hehe.

Lowee - so glad u are home, even if jes a lil while. You been feeling ok? My BS stuff is what it is. Been to the gym once in last 2 weeks. Was hoping it would make me feel better. Might try to go today….idk.

Sandy - thanks for explanation of where the scope goes. Will have to google small intestine, see if I can find info on it. Thanks again.

NM - ugh, hate when I wake up all clogged up. Did u dig out ur nettypot? I think it works well, but then again u kno what to do, blah blah, why am I giving u advice. LOL.

Cami - hope all goes well for you and DD and ur upcoming tests.

Jazz - no wonder u collapsed. Jes reading about the spread you put out makes me tired. LOL bout Martha Stewart. Thanks for posting the pics, especially like the flowers - Be-U-tiful!

My cleaning crew is here, gotta get the pooches to the park, then home to get bills going. Hope you all have a GR8 day. It is sunny, no wind (yet) about 75o, love'n it.

Love n prayers to all…MUAH

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985
    edited September 2016

lol hi ladies OK I saw a pictures in another tread had to share :)

I am OK having a lots of issues at work and well I keep going forward :)

Sending you all hugs

• chisandy
    edited September 2016

Actually, there is no such thing as the “small colon.” There’s the large intestine and small intestine. Though they are sometimes called “large bowel” and “small bowel,” only the large intestine is the “colon.” The scope doesn’t go into the small intestine. The upper end of the small intestine, or duodenum, can be reached by upper endoscopy; but the small intestine itself is explored by a swallowed capsule containing a tiny camera, that eventually gets pooped out. (The small intestine is way too long—yards & yards--for any scope to probe it—the “small” adjective refers to its girth, not length). The camera is small enough to show the entire “lumen” (interior) of the small intestine, but too small to effectively show enough of the inside of the colon—and could conceivably get stuck inside a diverticulum and need to be fished out with an, er, “heiney scope.”

Changing the subject, in memoriam of one of the greatest golfers of all time—whom we lost yesterday at 87:

THE ARNOLD PALMER

1/2 glass lemonade (diet or regular)

1/2 glass iced tea (sweet or unsweet, to taste)

Pour over ice in a small glass—garnish with a sprig of mint or a twist of lemon. Drink at the “19th Hole."

• nativemainer
    edited September 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Tuesday!Getting up in the dark is just not getting any easier, was hoping it would by now.Ah, well, such is life, right?I do manage to get my butt out of bed eventually.It all works out.Took Sadie to work with me again yesterday.She does love riding in the car.Probably take her with me again today, should be cool enough and showery this ayem, so she should be comfortable in the car.Nice to have her to talk to during the drive between visits.

Goldie--welcome home!Quick turnaround stop before your camping trip, yes?Bet you are loving it.Ate twice one day?How busy are you that you aren't eating???

Jazzy--sounds like a grand little dinner party!Good job!I do feel better, just a bit of residual cough at times, am very happy this bug is not hanging on. Sometimes it pays off to pay attention to taking care of myself!Sorry your nephew won't be able to meet you, good luck to him on his new training program! Beautiful Cosmos!Nice fruits and veggies, too!

Mema--yes, I did dust off (and clean out) the netty pot over the weekend.Trying to remember to do a rinse before bed at night on a regular basis, that seems to help during the winter when I am exposed to more viruses and irritants.

Enerva--LOL!Like that lady's attitude!Work issues are the pits, we know.

Chi--good point about colon vs intestine.I just cringe at the idea of the camera capsule getting stuck and needing to be pried out.Yuck.

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD:reprising the Arnold Palmer

• camillegal
    edited September 2016

Good Morning Ladies--sorry I was mia a little.

Lori u'r home for a second, I hope u'll tell us how everything went for u. And u actually ate something? Good to hear that. I hope u'r up for u'r next trip--we all miss u.

SusyQ I am so sorry for all u'r crap that u'r going thru, it's horrible to feel sick all the time and not yet have the answers. (((PRAYERS))) U know u have them.

NM I so like the way u can bring Sadie to work with u, she must think she's a celebrity (well she is) And colds are chit so I hope u'r feeling better today, it's hard to work with them too. Weather getting cool? It is here, for sure, but who knows what will happen next.

Jazzy I wouldn't expect anything less of u. but to bring presents to people retiring, that's just like u. Boy u really had to collapse after all u did. Wonder Woman.

Chi thank u for all the explanations, it's so hard to remember what test does exactly what, I was awake for one and it was interesting seeing this tiny little lite going thru this long tunnel--like Indiana Jones expedition and I thought of Christmas card with Oh wholly Nite on it. And it really doesn't hurt so I think it's for the convenience of drs. that u'r put out. BTW the Dr. who put me out yesterday was so so handsome Oh, of course I had to tell him and he asked if I would feel better just putting me out lightly and I told him as long as I could see his face, I will be fine. The things I say are recockulous.

Leslie's having her test today, I hope they find the reason, it's always a guessing game when it comes to this stuff. Well not always but u know what I mean.

Dara, my luv I can't believe u got denied and yes use the cancer card--with pictures--I will never forget the pic of u'r vac--it's still bright in my memory. How dare they? But it is true u can't get fired because of cancer but down the line they could do what they want. But push the cancer card all the way. Oh and u'r headaches, the only thing I can say is years ago I had them all the time (when my DD was in the hospital the first time for months) anyway when I went to the Dr. he asked me if I wake up with them and I said no maybe I'm up bout an hr and they come back like crazy, now this was yrs. ago so who knows if this is right today. So he was splainin' that after I awake the muscles start contracting causing pain normally due to stress, he did give me something that helped but again this is a long time ago and I can imagine what sounds carry to u'r head.Like we'e said this yr. was hard on u, then to lose u'r job what a chitty thing to do to u. (((PRAYERS))) for u too Dara and u know we are here for u. It's hard to think of the things u have to do when u'r head is in pain.

Mary I missed somehow what was going on with u. Whatever it is I hope things are better.

OK I have to open up for work-One thing when I got home yesterday, I worked but I actually didn't give a chit. LOL and Lori how do u remember all the tests everyone has, it's unbelievable.

LUBS U ALL

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited September 2016

Pwetty fwowers Jazzy and the fruits and veggies look yummy. My garden is about done. Your trip is coming up soon. Remind us when you leave again.

LDB, I think you are referring to BS as Bull Chit? But still hate that you aren't feeling well. I am doing much much better. I've been doing the MMJ rectally instead of orally. And it's a huge difference.

Enerva, hi and welcome. We enjoy company here in the lounge, doesn't matter who. And you certainly don't need to apologize for popping in. Mese thinks you were jus too dwunk when you posted here by mistake.

NM, I can see Sadie being so gentle with your patients. Glad you can take her with you. You couldn't ask for better company. It wasn't that I was busy and couldn't eat, I had totally lost my appetite. Couldn't put food in my mouth, let alone chew and swallow. It's a great way to lose weight! I was thinking Vodka in the Arnold Palmer too.

Cami, I am so up to the camping trip. We have lots of plans for the month of October. And I'm feeling Grrrrrrr eat! Was your test ok? Can you tell us why your DD is having her scope? Heartburn maybe? Nice to have cute docs and nurses. And Boss Lady, I DON'T always remember who is having what tests. But I knew I was waiting to hear about Sue's scans, and I did remember about yours and DD's. I don't think Mary had anything going on, I think someone else referred to a gall bladder sitchiashun and mentioned her name by mistake.