Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited September 2016

Good evening, Loungettes!Boy did the weather change here today.Hot and muggy this morning, could barely move for sweating, every fan in the house turned on.Then the wind picked up and the thunderstorms blew through, and now it's 64 degrees, very dry, and almost feels chilly with the still gusting winds!I've gone around and turned all the fans off.Thinking about trading in the camisole top for a t-shirt.Looking for ice tea this morning, looking for hot tea this evening.Glad I've got both available!

Mema--taking too much RSO?Was that making you sleepy?

Chi--Oh, my all the shade shopping sounds like a hoot and a half!Amazing what you can get used too over time, isn't it?I'm not a fan of beer anyway, and pumpkin beer sounds just dreadful!But there are exceptions to every rule, right?

Julie--can your mom not get Hospice care at home?To keep her comfortable and out of the hospital and so she can die at home?Such a difficult situation.

Chi--too many Hospices take the 6 month prognosis part too literally.As long as the prognosis is 6 months or less and there is decline a person can stay on Hospice indefinitely.I've had patients on Hospice for over a year, and once for 4 years.

Julie--hospice is THAT busy?Wow.Blows my mind.Praying for you and your mum.

Cammy--sounds like your D defeated the home health people too.Just so not fair!

Yummy dwinky!Need to look up Crème de Mure, now. I may never eat salad, again, though.

What is creme de mure?

Quick Answer

Creme de mure is another name for blackberry liqueur. Blackberry liqueur is an alcoholic beverage and drink mixer that is 18 percent alcohol by volume, or 36 proof.

Full Answer

Creme de mure is an ideal drink mixer, because it has flavor notes of being both sweet and tart on a person's palate. It has a dark, red color and a rich, blackberry scent that also enhances the liqueur's drinkability.Creme de mure pairs especially well with mild spirits, such as vodka. There are a number of mixed drinks that can be made using both vodka and creme de mure, such as a bramble, diablo or sangria.
  • chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited September 2016

With julienne apple salad tonight, cava; with gorgonzola meatloaf, Murphy-Good Liars’ Dice Zin.

After dinner, I went reading-glasses-shopping at Whole Foods (!). My 2.50s (the correction in my progressives) are making my eyes swim and my head ache. So I got a couple of cute pair in 1.50 for $15 ea. Tomorrow I will take my regular glasses to LensCrafters or VisionWorks and have the prescription progressive anti-reflective Transitions lenses swapped out for nonprescription Transitions (Maybe anti-reflective if I don’t have to wait overnight). Though my eye is looking a bit less creepy, I still need glasses to do the job of undereye concealer (only better). And I’m pretty sure I can drive.

• nativemainer
    edited September 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Monday!And September has arrived, talk about chilly this ayem!Even Sadie was cuddling under the covers this ayem.Going to have to start putting a blanket on the bed again, I guess.I just use a sheet or two in the summer.

Chi--sounds like your eye is recovering, be careful driving until you are sure you have good depth perception.I started wearing glasses before I started school, hated them, always, until I was an adult and could get contacts.Just cannot picture using glasses as fashion or make up!

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD:

Black Monday Ingredients

Directions

In a shaker half-filled with ice cubes, combine all of the ingredients. Shake well. Strain into a cocktail glass.

Best served in a Cocktail Glass.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited September 2016

Julie, your poor mum. I sure hope she is resting peacefully. You talk about your niece's trip. I believe she is getting married. Is she coming to you or are you going to her?

Wow, $400.00 a plate. Glad you can write it off Sandy. And you got your Limoncello shot!

NM, sounds like you got that heat wave that was hanging around the Midwest. Interesting about the crème de mure. I got glasses when I was 11. Loved it when I got contacts, but now I can't wear them.

Well, getting last minute stuff done. Will be up very early to leave tomorrow, so I prolly won't be around. Once in MI I shouldn't have much trouble checking in. Maybe not in the morning, but at some point during the day.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2016

Good Morning Ladies,

Sandy what an evening u had, a bit pricey for sure, but I'm sorry u really missed the fireworks sometimes the best part of a dinner and speeches. U sound much better tho.

Julie how nice to visit u'r mom. It's so different now a days when u r so far apart, but it does give u a sense of a semi-visit.

Miss Lori why do u question things I say??? If u'r having any type of liquid and u have any difficulty swallowing cuz u don't feel like eating a straw gives u just a bit at a time and makes it much easier for u to get nourishment. Well that's not a medical fact maybe, but my medical team thinks so.

NM that's what happened here with the weather al of a sudden and felt so good to me. And leave it to u to actually print out what that drink was, now it actually sounds better.

Joey is home sick today with a sore throat and mini fever, his eyes show it like crazy, but again now a days he can get his homework thru the computer so he really doesn't miss anything--for some crazy reason that bothers him to miss school.

I'm going to take a shower today and try to go get my blood work--I ate nothing but crackers and licorice yesterday in hopes that I can do this--so far so good. I slept OK, but I don't want to go to early there (done that before) it's more of a wait than when u go a little later. My DD and I had some words yesterday, it's hard living together--she's saying I never tell them how I feel so how is she supposed to know what I need or want to do. Just what they want to live with someone who is complaining all the time--Jeez I just stay by myself but she just gets upset with me, and I feel like if I lived alone I wouldn't call her all day telling her so why should I do that anyway. If I'm really bad I tell her. I still have a hard time living with them (anyone) after so many years alone. Oh well that's life----Oh I feel a song coming on.

Well I'd better get moving I still have to open up my work chit. So I'll talk later.

LUBS U ALL

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited September 2016

nm- they are coming to my happy place, going up to orlando to meet up with them, see ortho on thurs 22nd hope to be released ,otherwise will be back and fore for pt

chi having my eyes tested tomorrow so will also be trying the glasses on if prescription hasn;t changed will just get a new pair of progressives if its changed will get a pair of sunglasses too

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited September 2016

Oh my, dragging my tale between mese legs. Sawry Boss Lady, I see now how a straw would help. I don't have any trouble swallowing my protein drink, as I like it. It's mostly food. Once I finish up with the MMJ, I think things will be better. I'm sorry Joey is sick, but it's good to hear that he doesn't want to miss school. Good work ethics. I'm sure it's hard on everyone, living together. Well, except Joey maybe! Did you tell your DD just what you told us?

• chisandy
    edited September 2016

Cami, in your pocket for your blood work--and hoping Joey feels better. Cool enough weather for chicken soup (canned or boxed broth like Swanson or College Inn is fine as long as it's from a chicken), which is my go-to for colds & flu. I did get to see the last minute and a half of the fireworks. Navy Pier has them every Sat. Night till Oct. (Wed. nights too in midsummer). Maybe we'll go to the Palm early enough this Sat. to walk to the Upper Wacker turnaround and watch from there. (No parking, so that's why we'd have to leave the car with the restaurant/hotel valet).

NM, I will get behind the wheel and slowly back out of my garage. If I still don't feel confident, I'll scoot back in. I'm well enough to walk to & from the train if I have to go anywhere near a CTA station. Amazing that the only glasses I really need now are plain dark sun shades for outdoors, my Wayfarers for indoor bright light, and much milder off-the-shelf readers for reading and computer work. But even though my eye is getting bigger (almost the size of my untreated one), it's still bloodshot--plain lenses with photochromic tint (like in my pre-surgery frames) will mask both that and my under eye "evidence of aging." Glasses have been part of my signature look for decades now. Tried contacts in my early 30s but they were nothing but trouble, even the soft daily and extended wear ones--and then when I got preggers the shape of my eyeball changed, as did my Rx.

• camillegal
    edited September 2016

OK I got out and my blood work is done, done, done--for now. Lori I did talk to Leslie cuz we were alone for hospital thing--we're fine and she thought about things and was completely understanding and felt bad. But LOLing about the wheelchair use, cuz patients had to show us how to unlock it and more--see Joey knows all this stuff--we're helpless sometimes.

Sandy wherever u live u are in a good spot--close to everything u need--which is so convenient. I'm way out in the boondocks where u need a car for anything, well except getting the mail.

OK Julie am I hearing u'r going to DW AGAIN? U lucky duck and Donald too.

DARA DARA, DARA OK she should hear that.

Lori that's why u should make things in the blender and just sip it, oh not steak and potatoes, but all the other stuff that really mixable, so u'r not eating but u'r getting some energy down u.

• chisandy
    edited September 2016

Chocolate ice cream, Hershey’s syrup (optional), protein powder, an egg and some milk--my go-to when one of us has had a wisdom tooth pulled. You can substitute almond milk for dairy milk and any smooth flavor of ice cream or fro-yo. (Tofutti and non-whey protein if you’re trying to keep it vegan). Also, bisques (very smoothly pureed cream soups) with no bits of meat, seafood or veggies floating in them. Salmon or vegetable mousse terrines (pates are too stiff and thick a texture). Finally, Joel Robuchon makes the silkiest mashed potatoes--using an obscene amount of butter--using a ricer and then running it through an extremely fine sieve (a “Chinois”) several times until it’s like whipped satin. I was surprised that there’s neither cheese nor cream in it--just a tad of salt to taste. Had it twice in Vegas--the only mashed spuds I dare eat, and once a year is about right. Haven’t tried to make them yet, though I do have the equipment. (Don’t use a blender, food processor or Vitamix--the starch in the potatoes will set up too stiff and gummy).

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited September 2016

Good afternoon friends- quick hi before I disappear again for a few days. My friend is still here, up in Santa Fe today having fun on her own and will be home tonight. Going to pick up some food for us to eat at home, unless she gets us something up there. It has been nice having company but want my home back, know what I mean? Great to see them come and then good to see them go! LOL!

We went to the state fair here yesterday. Lots of bad fair food, I stayed away but she had fun. Then we tried to do an outdoor concert I got us tix for but got a HUGE storm and it was a bust. We ended up leaving the venue and went and wrapped up the day with a fabulous meal at my fav italian restaurant. They had my favorite fish, ono, last night too. Such a treat.

Will write more soon and hope you are all taking good care of yourselves!

• chisandy
    edited September 2016

Teetotaling tonight--lotsa seltzer with fresh lime to go with Buffalo wings. (French mani tomorrow, so I don’t mind orange nail tips tonight). The limoncello shots Sat. night were at home, from the bottle stashed in the freezer.

• heidi s
    heidi s Member Posts: 398
    edited September 2016

Hi ladies. It was a nice 3.5 days with the hubs. We stayed at a very cute B&B about a mile away from my dad in a quaint community called Chagrin Falls. There are lots of cute shops and restaurants near the Inn, and there's a lovely restaurant next door, so after leaving my dad for the night, we went and had a couple of martinis (Grey Goose) at the bar before turning in.

In the past, we would go downtown or to the West Side for dinner, but my dad prefers to stay close to home, so we ate out locally every night except Saturday. There was a major rain storm (hubs loved it since it rarely rains in our neck of the woods), so we picked up Italian.

My dad saw his PCP on Friday, and his doc said that the wound is superficial and to put A&D ointment on it. Also, he told my dad to listen to me and be as active as possible.

I didn't include my uncle or cousins in my husband's visit. I have in the past, but either my dad or DH picked up the check for these pricey dinners. I just had no desire to spend time with them, and being with my dad and Hubs was perfect.

Goldie, Safe and happy travels! Not sure when he will be able to come back, because his client is CRAZY. I can't really complain, because he's the one paying our bills. And I can't leave my dad. Ah...good times!

I hope you have a great visit with your mom, son and other relatives. And Mary!

Julie, is your mom in the UK, and you're in Florida? I know the wedding was in Cardiff, but not sure where your mom and dad are located. Prayers, prayers and more prayers out to your mom for an easy and peaceful transfer to the other side. And prayers to you and your family. You are one strong woman.

Native, I'm giving you a virtual high five with respect to glasses. I needed them at a really young age. My eyes were so bad that the optometrist thought I was faking the standard eye exam in the 2nd grade. Thankfully, my parents were smart to know that I wasn't faking anything. I switched to contacts when I was twelve. Remember how you had to heat the lenses in that apparatus? Oy! What a pain. Glasses do not make me feel attractive, at all. But because of my heavy astigmatism and a lazy eye, I see better out of my glasses.

Cami, DD loves you to pieces. She may feel out of control with respect to you and how you're feeling. You may feel in control of your situation, but she's scared. It all comes from a place of love.

I'm sorry Joey is under the weather. I hope he's feeling better. Such a cool kid for not wanting to miss school. He's cool regardless, actually.

I finally watched the NY reunion part 2. What is wrong with Bethanny??? Man, is she a bitch or what? The OC was a little zzzzzzz, probably because there wasn't any good fights. I also find the story line with Meghan boring. I tend to fast forward thru the whole IVF stuff. Plus, it's painful to watch how blatantly obvious it is that her husband doesn't like her. Personally, I think he swings for the other side.

Mema, I know you had your scans today. You are in my prayers for continual NED. I hope you can check in tomorrow after your appt. with the MO.

Genny, how are you doing with the wine? I'm off the sauce for a month. I drank way too much over the weekend, and feel that if someone lit a match near me I would explode. Mid or late October works perfectly for an Uber excursion.

Chi, I use the Joel Robuchon method when I make mashed potatoes. It's labor intensive, but completely worth it. It's equal parts potato and butter. I typically will make three pounds of potatoes to three pounds of butter. The butter has to be incorporated in small (1 tbsp) increments. I don't have a ricer here, but I use my grandmother's food mill.

I hope everyone is having a good week, thus far! Time for me to hop in the shower, and check in on my dad.

• chisandy
    edited September 2016

Tried to drive to the mall today, using either my pre-op prescription sunglasses or just plain shades (pulled over and switched). Had some minor double vision either way, so I sighed and at the end of the block, went back down the alley and into my garage. Phooey. Ordered an Uber and lo & behold, he was less than a block away so he was pulling up in front just as I finished walking from my garage. This time, VisionWorks was willing to replace my right lens with a blank. No Transitions though--they’d be a special order. But they did have a high-def anti-glare blank, so even though it cost twice as much as a "plain vanilla” lens I opted for it, since one side effect of cataract surgery can be glare at night. I had an hour to kill, so I went up to Old Navy to return a blouse that fit but wasn’t flattering, and then to the two hair salons to get my hair washed. Struck out both times--one’s sulfate-free shampoo had sodium chloride (strips the keratin) and the other salon’s salt-free, sulfate-free shampoo was a “clarifying” shampoo, a type I was warned to avoid because it is too harsh. So I will go to my stylist tomorrow (his salon is closed Mondays) and have him wash my hair with the brand he uses specifically for keratin-treated hair (he does my treatments 3x/yr). I last washed my hair Wed. morning before surgery, and it already felt dirty by yesterday. (I usually wash it 2-3x/wk). I am forbidden to get water (which has bacteria) in my eye, or anything that would cause me to rub it (which I always do after rinsing out the shampoo & again the conditioner), so it looks like a salon shampoo & blow-dry is on my schedule at least once a week for the foreseeable future (unless there is a foolproof way to completely waterproof my right eye--maybe a baggie duct-taped over my eye shield (which itself is perforated).

Anyway, I treated myself to a scoop of chocolate gelato (of which I should have requested a taste, because it had the telltale grainy texture of having melted & refrozen--refrozen so hard my plastic spoon nearly broke off in it. (Should have gone to 90 Miles Cuban cafe and had a cortadito--smaller than a cappuccino, larger than an espresso macchiato. I’m going back there on Thurs., which is Paella & Flamenco night). Got my glasses back--WOW. Finally, a left eye that was corrected and a right eye that wasn’t overcorrected. The only difference now with glasses on is that my left eye is still peeking out of a frosted yellow window. I took the bus & CTA train back from the mall--it took longer to wait for the stupid bus than the entire trip home (including the walk from the station) did. I think I can drive by Thursday, though--hope so, otherwise I will have to cancel my Madison gig Friday night because if I took the bus or plane (no train service up there) I wouldn’t be able to take more than a guitar onboard, and would have to check my dulcimers.....and the plane fare would cost several times more than I’d make that night.

• camillegal
    edited September 2016

Image result for ingredients for alcoholic drinks JUST FOR FUN.

• camillegal
    edited September 2016

Image result for sexy men 2016 And a little more fun

• nativemainer
    edited September 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Twofer Tuesday!Such lovely sleeping weather we're having right now, I so love fall. Except for getting up in the dark, and the dark coming so soon in the evening again.Can't have it all, I guess.

Goldie--have a great trip, Check in when you can.

Cammy--Love trying new drinks, and new likkers.Poor Joey, hope he feels better after a day of rest and gets back to school.If he's not feeling good should he be bothering with homework?We need toteach our youngsters how to take care of themselves so they can do that when they are adults.It is hard to live with someone after being along, I am sure.I doubt I could live with anyone after all my years of living alone.

Julie--Yeah for the happy place!Here's hoping the ortho clears you.

Chi--so long as you are careful driving until you are sure of the depth perception.Too many accidents due to loss of depth perception.Live the idea of a signature look!

Cammy--good for you getting the blood work done.And LOL at needing help getting the wheelchair unlocked!I can just picture that!

Chi--that sounds like fantastic mashed potatoes!

Jazzy--so glad you and your friend had a good time.Sorry the concert got stormed out, though.

Hsant--so nice you and your hubby could stay at a nice little B&B like that!Makes the visit a bit more special.I was told for years that I couldn't use contacts because of astigmatism, but then got in with an optometrist that said I must have outgrown the astigmatism cuz he didn't see any!I never had to heat my contacts, I've always worn soft contacts.A few years ago I got into a really nice brand that I don't even have to take out at night!Just once a week for cleaning.And all the teasing I got as a kid about the glasses didn't help.And then having to take the glasses off during PE, then beingexpected to hit balls and targets and such, no wonder I hated PE, too!

Chi--sorry the driving didn't work out this time, I'm sure it will soon.Lucky the Uber driver was so close by!I have this funny mental pic of you with duct tape over your eye like a crazy pirate!

LOVE the TARDIS dwinky!

• camillegal
    edited September 2016

Good Morning Ladies,

Hsant what a great time for u and u'r DH (so deserved for both of u) and I don't blame u for not calling anyone else, u really needed this time alone. Just s happy he finally got there-The B & B sounds so cozy for u-u 2 sound like a great pair. Oh and yes that last oe of Housewives was boring OL, I guess we just like to see them fight--why else would we warch--as if we;d fight with out friends like that. It's funny tho cuz Heather has ro be the nice, sensibke one for everyone for the most prt but her and her DH have a skin line product they sell o TV, so if people don't like her there goes the whole business--so u have to wonder WTF.

Sandy it sounds like u rushed this all a bit, just uber it til u really get all vision better, but at least it sounds better. I can see how expensive it would be to travel for u to a performance, so I'm sure u have ro think about this whole thing again. Good recipe for a "smoothie" good stuff going in there.

See Lori u can have stuff just to sip on and some good things and it's just easy to go down.

Jazzy what a weekend, but u did turn it around as u would. Everything planned got screwed up, Didn't seem to matter tho u still saved it.

OK why is everyone not drinking for a while? This is not good for our image, so get back on the wagon gals it's much more fun. BTW isn't Belvidere Vodka the one that has no sugar? I think. Just trying to push this along.

SusyQ what's going on??? we need to know.

NM it's ONLY Tuesday, I'm so mixed up here, oh wether is aupposed to get warmer again so push fall back a little. How has work been? U haven't said much lately, hoping that's a good sign.

Joey went to school today, kids are amazing how fast they feel better so quickly. But selfishly I had a nice day with him anyway. He saved up for a printer so I'm glad cuz it would be great to have one in the house, so I guess this weekend he's planning on getting one.

Well I let a couple of calls go to voice mail fter 9PM last nite so I'd better get organized for work today--so I'll see u gals latah.

LUBS U ALL

• juliet62
    edited September 2016

imageimage

it's roald Dahl day today, and these sayings made me think of you all

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited September 2016

Good morning ladies- my friend has left and on her way to her business trip. We had a good time and she had fun up in SF yesterday. I got some laundry done after she left to get some of the post visit clean up done, and now heading to work. Will take me a bit to recover, but also now shifting to preparing for the NYC trip.

Cami- it sounds like Joey is under the weather and hope he is better soon. People worry about us and don't know how to help sometimes so we have to just tell them what we need them to do and where you have got it. I would have a tough time living with anyone at this point, but know that can come down the line as I age. Your DD does love you.

Hsant- so glad to hear that your DD is visiting and you had a nice dinner with the three of you. I know in my own family, the more people you include, the more complicated it gets. Let's change the place, the time, they complain about the food, expect you to pay, etc. Know the drill only too well. Enjoy your time together and glad dad is on the mend with the bed sores.

ChiSandy- I have not been able to read all the posts but picked up you had some eye surgery and are getting better. Sending you best wishes for a continued recovery.

Will write more later. Still running......

• Enerva
    Enerva Member Posts: 2,985
    edited September 2016

I have some bad news and some good one.

Bad one : I saw my ps this morning and gain I was push away .he says my issue is caused by radiation and there is nothing he can do unless it becomes worse in his eyes it can be worse before he can fix it. He said he will refer me to a pain killer doctor who can then prescribe me some kind of med for the burning and the pain. I listened and I asked him will this pain doctor have a solution for the interna scars he said no but he can prescribe something to control what you are feeling . I said OK then this will not work for me I don't intend to became a pain killer dependant person. Thanks for your time and I walked away.

As o walk away I realized there are 2 factors 1 I am over 40 # 2 I had bc so = I am not worth fixing that is how they see it. Very very sad but a reality .

Good news: Milky contacted me she has an appointment dowmtown so I am waiting to see her. :) such long time and so nice to see someone whom I can feel totally conected ;)

• chisandy
    edited September 2016

Enerva, can you get a second opinion? I know the rules are different on your side of the border, but perhaps you can ask your breast cancer surgeon (assuming your ps is also a cosmetic and non-cancer reconstructive, not just an oncoplastic surgeon), who will not kick you to the curb. But before you dismiss the idea of seeing a pain specialist, know that not all pain control is done by medications, and not all powerful pain control meds are addictive and/or opioid. The burning pain can be inflammatory, and/or it can be caused by damaged nerves--and there are non-opioid meds out there for both causes (NSAIDS, gabapentin, Lyrica) that work and don't lead to the harder stuff or ruin your life. Remember that wanting and needing to minimize your very real physical pain does not make you a “junkie!"

Sad that you feel you are dismissed because you're “over 40 and had breast cancer." I and thousands of others here are officially “senior citizens," yet my & our concerns are treated with respect--including various surgeries if necessary. I hope the Canadian NHS will let you choose doctors who respect you, take your problems seriously and realize you might still have half your life ahead of you.

• chisandy
    edited September 2016

Gonna give driving one more try today--to the hair salon to get a shampoo. (Still not allowed to DIY lest germ-y water get into my eye). He is the guy who did my keratin treatment and knows to use only sulfate-and-salt-free shampoo & conditioner lest the protein and the color (for both of which I pay a pretty penny) get stripped away. For the time being, I will have to go to the salon twice a week (and if not my stylist, bring my own shampoo & conditioner). It’s been a week since I washed my hair and I feel filthy, despite showering below the neck daily.

My DOTD: Metropolis’ La Cordillera Blend, brewed via a refillable “E-Z Cup” in a Keurig, with a shot of Dark Matter Gorilla Blend espresso pulled into it. Black, no sugar. Yum. Buzz.

• juliet62
    edited September 2016

enerva -i;m 54 y old i see pain management and get the pills to block the nerve pain from the radiation damage (topramax)and also i went to physical therapy because of the scar tissue, was it fun breaking up the scar tissue and did i need the ultram pain meds when i left pt oh yes! but did the pain decrease as the tissue broke up yes and also the therapist showed me exercises to stretch the myofascial which can become scarred and contracted and cause a lot of pain , please see your regulat doctor for more help, its out there

good news the surgeon thinks its just scar tissue to he asked did i want a 6 month review to be sure and i said yes so thats what we are doing, he did smile when he asked why i came to see him when i said about the words same and similar are not intechangeble in my book

well my eyes are the same chi so got the lovely dilated pupils now but have orderd new glasses because i have had the same pair for 3 years now and murphys law says i will break them while up in my happy place with my nieces

• Enerva
    edited September 2016

omg . Thank you so much I apologize my post was meant for my single friends in another forun but I am glad I posted here . Julie I never new there was a way to break the scars other than with surgery .I will look into it thank you so much my nipple on that breast is 24/7 contracted do to the thick scars which are turning my breast to one side and the implant is been push.

Any way that you so much for your info.

Here is a pictures of my bc sister I met today she i's OK with me sharing our pictures

• chisandy
    edited September 2016

Nice pic, Enerva! Which one are you? You are both beautiful and in your prime.

Well, I went and did it: I drove today, without incident. Felt natural as far as depth perception is concerned. Except of course, my left eye, the one that still has a cataract, feels like that lens of my glasses needs cleaning. I sat here in the front room today, taking a voice lesson and facing the window. I closed my “new" right eye, and all I could see on the table and bookcase in front of the window (where I keep my ink collection and some fountain pens) were dark shapes, some of which had a glint of a reflection or two. Closed my right eye, and I could see every ink bottle (and their labels) and pen holder! And in their true colors, no less. Across the street is a navy-blue-on-white sign indicating a disability parking space, with a specific permit # printed on it. In the past few years, I assumed that navy blue (especially on signs) is blue-black, like the fountain pen ink cartridges we used in grade school. I was flabbergasted to see how vivid was the navy blue on that sign....and that the sign is white, not eggshell.

Right now, I’m typing as I watch TV, with my readers down nearly on the end of my nose so I can peer over them at the TV. Just got a pair of “progressive” readers (from 1.25 on top for middle-distance, across the room; 1.50 for the computer screen, so I need no longer squint or enlarge the screen image; and 1.75 at the bottom for regular reading). I have a pair of 2.50 lighted readers (LED over each lens) for menu-reading; I might no longer need those!

Got my hair washed--had a towel over my face the whole time, as well as when my bangs and crown were being blown dry and my bangs were trimmed. I feel (and look almost) human again. Hope it holds up through Friday, which is when I have to drive up to Madison (which I feel confident I can do). If not, I will visit the stylist again in the morning before I pack my gear and hit the road (unless on Thurs. I get the go-ahead to wash my hair in the shower if I wear the shields and keep my eye closed). I'm also hoping I can start wearing eye makeup again (though it'll be tricky since I have to instill a variety of eye drops 4x/day). I think I'll get my L eye done two weeks after Bob's L cataract surgery--which will give me two weeks to recover before I have to drive to the folk conference in Iowa City (and the concert of which I'll be part on the last day--the three of us who've attended the conference the longest will be opening for Anne Hills, who gave me my start in Chicago folk music).

• Enerva
    edited September 2016

I really apreciate you opinion. I didn't mean to be rude it was in error I posted here. You see in the other forun they all know my history. Since 2012 when the night mare started I have been dismissed and my original ps even spoke about me to her colleagues right in front off me. She said " her issue is that she is Brasilian you know?" And I felt terrible. I put that ps in her place and she then chose the wrong implants the day of my bmx when I woke up I had 300cc implants in 700cc skin so it was bad after a year her boss had to do another surgery to fix things up. Long history short I lost feith in all our doctors here . I only had a good one and that one I don't see any more. She was my cancer surgeon she removed my tumor and pass me over to the ps team which yes they have told me several times they are no there to make things look good they are there to make things a bit close to what they were. And to save my life and I should be thankful and be greatful . Is no wonder I sound piss but yes is just no what I want to hear. I manage to convince my surgeon to Spair my skin and nipples and then these ps team was no happy cuz they wanted me to have skin from my back cut and move to the front .I refused .I had C+ breast and I wanted to keep them as close to that as possible. After my surgeon agreed to do my surgery that team started to treat me as if I was a # no a human been. Oh and believe me is like some mafia here I once managed to get an appointment to get a second opinion and the ps as soon as he hear the name of whom did my first surgery he told me he could not help me that I had to go back to her. So ya is been very difficult for me . The only reason I got to be fix by her boss was cuz the following year in my onco follow up. My onco looked at me and asked me "what happened here?" I looked at her and said , is wrong isn't it? I told her that my ps use the wrong implants and that now she refused to fix it.then she said oh this is no aceptable I ll write to her boss and I want you to go see him. I was like what? Her boss why no another ps far away from them? She then said no no he is a good man he can fix this. Anyway now u see i's been a long journey now rad is making my nerves and scars act out. I ll look into finding a physio therapist who is familiar with radiation scars . Thanks a lot and again sorry I didn't mean to post all that I usually come here to read about your drinks even though I never drink due to been a chicken and hate the headache alcohol usually brings lol

But love all the recipes here :)

• Enerva
    edited September 2016

lol I am the one with the orange tshirt. :)

Her e one more

You guys wont believe but the girl in the picture and I became close due to the fact that that crazy mean ps was her's too and did terrible thing to her too.

One day in our other forum we realized we were talking about the same Dr. Imagine and it's so nice we live in the same country and from time to time we make an effort to meet. :)

• Enerva
    edited September 2016

lol ya I am gone now .

Love you girls

• chisandy
    edited September 2016

You are gorgeous, Enerva. But a Brazilian who doesn’t drink caipiriñhas? Shocking! Hope you find a care team worthy of you.