Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited October 2016

Dara, thanks for the wishes, but if I'm happy on Yom Kippur, I'm definitely doing it all wrong. (Sort of like saying “Have a Great, not just Good Friday"). It's the Day of Atonement—the last of the annual 10 Days of Penitence, beginning on Rosh Hashonah—when one is or isn't inscribed in the Book of Life—during which one reflects and makes amends to those whom they've wronged (or to those who perceive they've been wronged), ending on Yom Kippur when the Holy One's decision to inscribe or not is sealed by sundown. We are supposed to reflect, pray, and fast to the extent that our health permits. (If one is ill or actively in treatment, it's actually a sin to fast, because the commandment to preserve life takes precedence). If we do eat or drink, it can be only for sustenance and health maintenance, not for pleasure. Technically, I shouldn't even be online, but rather in temple—but it's about to storm here and my sinuses and LE arm are bugging me due to the barometer dropping. But one is permitted to visit with friends—and this is how I visit. The only thing we celebrate today is grace—forgiveness of sins and release from un-keepable vows and promises made during the year; and gratitude for having been granted life this past year. This is the only time Jews go to confession—and we do it collectively, openly, repeatedly, in unison, and for the same sins.

So my DOTD is one cup of black coffee to keep my lungs open, and enough water to take my meds and stay hydrated. (Champagne after sundown to belatedly celebrate the Cubs’ NLDS victory).

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited October 2016

Hi gals,

NM, so happy that Sadie is still able to ride along with you and keep you company. I imagine it makes your days so much happier! The reason I came home for lunch most days while working was to see my fur babies, it made all of my work days a little brighter. How awesome that the family that lost a loved one also gained a new bundle of joy around the same time. That is truly special.

Chi, oops, I forgot that Yom Kippur is a solemn day in the Jewish calendar. I do recall my coworkers telling me about this day and about the fasting that takes place and I also learned of the logic behind it. I also remember getting my ass chewed out by a client for calling them on Yom Kippur, ooops! I felt so small but did not realize that the client was Jewish. I try to tell by the last names but often that does not work. After that incident, I made it a practice not to call anyone on Yom Kippur unless it was a return call.

So where is ebery buddy dis day? It is humpity hump dey meaning ebery buddy should dwink extra Happy

I have to finish up my painting project. I am soooo close to being done, only have about six feet of cutting in to do on one wall (the top few inches near the ceiling). I crashed yesterday without getting it done and also failed to clean my paint tray and brush. Damn, the brush was over 15.00 as I learned the hard way that it pays to use quality supplies when painting. I have to use another brush as the one from yesterday will not clean up and the tray is also ruined. oh well, the tray was really cheap so no harm no foul. Catch you onederfoil ladies later. Continued prayers for both Hsant and for our Julie. And a big fat hello to ebery buddy else!

cheErS! big eaRs!

(been a long time sincen I used the big ears statement, our oldies to de lounge will know whatten dat means. Tata mese lublies!

• Jiffrig
    Jiffrig Member Posts: 158
    edited October 2016

Sandy, as a Catholic growing up in a predominately Jewish area of St. Louis county, I came to appreciate the beautiful traditions of your faith. I worked at a retail store while in high school with all amazing Jewish women, one a holocaust survivor. I find this 10 days especially poignant.

On a separate note, from an avid Cardinals fan, congrats on Cubs win. Great game last night! If our future DIL was not from Cleveland, Cubs would be our team to root for

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2016

Hi Ladies,

I see a new name here--Welcome and come back for more--this is a nice bunch of ladies for sure, and the drinks are great.

Dara I didn't know u still had those headaches, WTF have u been checked out, just in case, Well I do know all u'vr going thru now so that can't hep, but it's hard to think straight when u'r headache is holding u back. Maybe u should just check in and find out what the hell is going on.

Hsant I knew something was going on with u now and I'm so sorry u now have this to deal with. What a fantastic picture that is of u and u'r dad. U 2 sure have a special bond.

NM the weather is changing her quickly too, but I don't know if it's all the time or just a little taste of winter.

Sandy if u'r going out tomorrow, bundle up they are calling for really cold. I enjoy it, but not everyone does.

I wonder how the weather is for our women on vacay, oh if NY gets this cod I hope Jazzy brought some jackets with her.

I'm going to try to sleep now, Ugh such a big deal to me. So I'll catch u all in the morning.

LUBS U ALL

• chisandy
    edited October 2016

Cami, I have Bar Show rehearsal in the Loop tomorrow, and I don’t look forward to standing on the L platform in my ‘hood. But at least here by the lake, our current temp (50) is about as cold as it’s gonna get. So I don’t have to put blankets on my plants (can’t drag those heavy planters off the deck into the kitchen) or give up and pick all the remaining green tomatoes….yet.

Jiffrig, thanks for the compliments. My niece is a senior at Case Western Reserve, so I do have a soft spot for Cleveland too. Dara, no apologies necessary. Not all Jews go so far as to not answer the phone on Shabbat or the High Holy Days; and not all of us have Jewish surnames (mine’s Italian).

• camillegal
    edited October 2016

Good Morning Ladies,

Oh my it's still quiet in here, wel at least we know who the blabbermouths are and actually one is here dara, and likeI said do something about u'r headaches, their just hanging around way to long, don't worry, lots of people have headaches and no one can figure it out so don't worry but u have to at least listen to me.

It seems like NM is busy this morning, well more than usual. And I was going for the TGIF day today, I don't know why, these days just aren't working for me. Oh well.

My kids have a party to go to Sat. for Halloween and kids too, but I don't know who's going and if they're going. Leslie doesn't want to go for many reasons LOL so whatever--I could care less either way.

OK I'l check back latah.

LUBS U ALL

• camillegal
    edited October 2016

Image result for bartenders recipes for autumn drinks

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited October 2016

Good Day Dahhlinks!

Finally have a quiet moment to yak at ya'll.

Cami - I did get my Gbladder results yest, yes I have the sludge, and depending what I eat, it will continue to cause pain. Tank goodness alcohol hasn't caused me pain yet. Dr Hahm said it should come out, but he would have to cut me quite a bit. With my previous ab surgery and double ab hernia…oh I have another hernia right next to the 2 that were mesh repaired. Anyway, he will not do arthroscopic (sp) or whatever, he will cut me wide open cuz of scar tissue from prev surgs. Told him I'd see if I can control it with diet and see him next year. Cardio doc, Aschenaki, wants to see me ref my EKG, cardio echo, and nuke stress test. Appt set for Monday, will keep u all posted.

Hsant - I love the pic of u and ur dad, makes me sad and happy. Happy that u took that pic to cherish. And quit worrying about trying to catch up with everyone, we all get it….do what u need to do then rest when u can….((((Hsant))))

Dara dahling - LOL…. CheErs! Big eaRs!!! O yea….I member. Lots of Love and prayers going out to you too on ur EEOC case. I kno it's hard to go and get it done, sometimes, well ok often, I don't feel like doin anything but watching the tube and working crosswords n sudokus. But once I get it done, I feel so much less stress n anxiety. (((Dara))) Oh and ref the headaches, my ENT recommended a mouth guard…It had really cut down on my headaches. When we are stressed even in deep sleep we can be clenching out teeth. That's what I was doing and thot t was sinus, but no…it's from clenching and grinding our teeth, something to think about and cheap enuf too see if it works. Doc told me to eat soft foods for 2 weeks and quit talking so much….Ha ha ha ha, yeah I can (NOT) do that…LMAO.

NM - Oh my, aren't da babies the best medicine sometimes for the blues….even babies on TV make me SMILE. Sad that you lost a pt, but sounds like it was time, RIP. DOTD sounds good…yum yummy.

Sandy - thank you so much for splaining the YomKippur and Rosh Hashonah. It's somewhat like Catholics and Lent, especially the making amends and fasting. I really haven't participated is anything but the 'making amends' part. I admire those that can and do. CHEERS…bottoms up. Winking

Jiff rig - Welcome to da HTL. I c u r into MLB, do u like football?

Cami - Do u dress up and hand out candy at Halloween? Singing

I used to, but not many kids in this 97 unit HOA. I usually go into LV to my son's. He and his gal really do it up. Used to be my fav holiday, but getting too old I guess. Get a pic or two of the costumes…some r jes too darn cute and clever.

O my, it's past mese bedtime…oh heck….ya all can laugh in unison at mese 7p bedtime. I have been having about ½ a shot of Killa (Jose C) b4 bed, it really helps. I think I have 2 more sips here and then…bed to try and watch end of FB.

Lubslubslubslubslubslubs to all!!

• camillegal
    edited October 2016

Hi Ladies,

OK SusyQ u have to guard u'r GB lot, ick I'd that that. But now more tests, u know how I am I want to know when u know and in detail where I can understand. But I had to LOL at keeping u quiet, that's like me keeping quiet, but I do remember a few yrs. back sleeping with a big cork in my mouth (all right Dara, shut up), I kinda think it was for grinding, Oh well. DRESS UP FOR HALLOWEEN, my regular dress is scary enough, for some reason I never care for Halloween, and so many people love it. Marty has lights and stuff up and they have a couple of parties to go to. Just don't really get into it anymore. But I'm glad u brought that up, cuz I forgot about that and headaches.

I think Lori should be back soon and it's already Friday, Right? Confusing days to me. I was talking to my sister yesterday and talking about Leslie, and she made no sense with her words, it was like word salad, til I told her to shut up and we started to LOL, then she made sense, I don't know, she pretty much is going thru what Lori is going thru and I told her to start using MJ, but my question is can u use it in food instead of smoking it. for her anyway, not me, I can smoke anything. Do u get the same affect?

OK a general letter, I'l check back later to see what's going on.

I LUBS U ALL

• camillegal
    edited October 2016

Image result for bartenders recipes for autumn drinksI'm just trying to help NM out but mine aren't nearly as good as hers. TGIF

• camillegal
    edited October 2016

OMG 24 hrs. and I'm saying good morning to myself good thing I'm used to being alone. so I guess I'm all right. Well I'll bore all of u then. I was really stupid busy with work, no one furnace was working and Dan is in LA for some new stuff going on, so he called me last nite to tell me all he learned ad he missed me. LOL. He already talked to Bob so he knows how we've been, but he's having a good time with his wife too. She is a doll. The my phone rang and it said private, so I did pick it up ad some ma started talking dirty to me and as usual I did it right back ad it was Bob we had a good talk LOLing, cuz during the day it's no LOLing with each other. So after I thought these guys, as much as I goof up, just keep on going with me and let me goof up and fix it. I had to ask Joey how to do some stuff on the puter last nite and he's still helping.

I can't wait for Leslie to get that operation, so she'll start to feel better, t's been rough on herand she's anxious to go back to work.The weather is supposed to be a little warmer, this week end, so we'll see cuz we had our first frost the the other night. I've been bundled up for 2 days now.and I had my D last nite, now I hope it's stopped since obviously no dr. can help me.

See another boring post from me and it's all u'r fault, so let the blame fall on it's owners. Al of u.

I LUBS U ALL

• camillegal
    edited October 2016

Image result for bartenders recipes for autumn drinksAnother big DOTD.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited October 2016

Good Morning. Loungettes!Happy Saturday! At least I got to sleep in this ayem and get Sadie cuddles.Still have to go out to make some more visits today.I've got too many high intensity cases running right now and my partner is not available while she's in school now, so I'm pulling double duty and runnnnig my butt off.But, it's all getting done, and everyone is getting taken care of, so a few very early mornings and working Saturdays for a while should keep it all under control.I hope.I just hope Sadie isn't getting tired of spending her days in the backseat of the car!

Chi--I like the way you put it that the only time Jews go to confession is "collectively, openly, repeatedly, in unison, and for the same sins."

Dara--the painting project seems like fun, except for the $15 brush getting ruined.You are right, though, it pays to use good brushes when painting.Except for the pan, those don't matter.I remember the big eaRs!Sometimes not offending someone is a no win situation.Assume someone is Jewish by their name and people get offended and get upset with you.Call on a holiday cuz you don't know they are Jewish and they get offended and get upset with you.You've probably got it right, just don't make calls on holidays!

Jiffrig--Welcome to the HTL!

Cammy--tis the time of year for weather changes, that's for sure.I'm sure Jazzy took at least one jacket with her, it's often breezy in NY.If not, I'm sure she can find one to buy!

Ooh, that Ginger Sour sounds like fun!Thanks Cammy!

Mema--don't blame you for not wanting to get cut open to get the gall bladder out!I sure wouldn't.Particularly if there is scar tissue, that stuff screws up everything.And babies are VERY good medicine for almost everything!And that little guy looks a lot like his grandfather.And his grandfather did not suffer, was comfortable and peaceful, and that makes things easier for everyone.And I'm not laughing at your 7 peeyem bedtime, mine is 8 peeyem, and that's only cuz I don't get home until 7:30 most evenings!

Cammy--according to the patients I have talked to you can use MMJ in food as well as smoking it.Apparently in food it takes longer to kick in,but the effect lasts longer.And different strains (? If this is the right word) are better for eating and some others better for smoking, and even others better for tincture or oils. I had a patient once who used MMJ butter on toast, another one who ate MMJ granola or MMJ bread.I used to go all out for Halloween, but now that kids don't trick or treat anymore there's not much point.

Cammy--Your DOTDs are GREAT!Thanks for covering for me!

OK, had my cup of coffee and BCO ketchup time, Need to get to work. Blah.

Image result for blah

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited October 2016

Good early Saturday morning ladies, thought I was going to sleep in but Emma had other ideas. DH is in Maine for a yearly sales meeting, due home tomorrow. I'm trying to get some things done while home alone, yesterday cleaned out the pantry and labeled the tops of the spices so we can pull out the drawer and find them without swearing. Golf vacay was fabulous last weekend, weather could not have been better. We were awakened by the fire alarm at the hotel at 2 ayem, were told we had to go outside, lasted about 15 minutes, fire dept determined a false alarm and we went back in and back to bed. We did get free breakfast for our troubles. I haven't seen Nora, missing the little stinker.

Chi, congrats on your Cubs, I am having some fun watching the Indians playoffs, so far so good, maybe we'll end up in the World Series together, then we'll really have to put on our boxing gloves!

hsant, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's declining health, I pray that he has more good days than bad and is as comfortable as possible. Please feel free to call me if you need to talk and try to just take each day as it comes. (((Hugs))) Love the picture!

NM, holding babies, nothing quite like it is there? So glad you got that bit of joy on a sad day. Was this the patient with the arguing daughter and GF? My furbabies are sure enjoying this cooler weather, much harder to wear them out at the park. Hope you and Sadie are having a nice weekend.

Dara, I'm so sorry to hear that you are still having h/a's. Getting painting done is always such a good feeling. How's the job search going?

Lori, not sure where you're off to now, I'm way too far behind. Wherever you are, I hope you are having fun and feeling good.

Sue, keep us posted about the cardio appt, hope everything is OK.

OK ladies, I wrote the above yesterday morning, then interupted by pooches, phone, exercise class....yada,yada... so I"ll pick up where I left off...

Sue, good advice to Dara about the mouth guard, I wouldn't have thought of that but h/a could very well be caused by nightime clenching. I miss seeing the kids at Halloween, last year we didn't get any here.

NM, I see that you are working this weekend. If Sadie is like my dogs, she loves sitting in the car, however, Emma lets everyone who walks by have it when she is in the car. She turns from sweet therapy dog to vicious sounding watch dog, not sure why but no one would try and break in. Hope you get some leisure time inbetween working today.

Sandy, Cleveland Indians won again yesterday, hopefully we'll be duking it out in the World Series. Reading your posts are so informative, I've learned all kinds of things from you from wine to talcum powder to Jewish holidays.

Cami, lol-ing on the dirty computer talk, I knew Leslie's been sick but I missed the part about an operation, I'll have to go back and read. Nothing better than young kids to help us with computer woes, I'm sure Nora will be helping me in a few years. Oh my sleeping with a cork in your mouth? I sure hope that wasn't a typo! Reminded me of the Saturday Night Live scene with Janet Jackson and the wine corksoakers, if you haven't seen it you should google it, pretty funny. Just google Satuday Night Live Corksoakers and it'll come up.

Jiffrig, welcome to the lounge.

OK, not sure if I'm forgetting anyone but it's time to get the pooches to the park. Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Nora's make-up application, it's the first thing she wants to do when she gets to my house.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited October 2016

Hi ladies- back from the Big Apple trip. We had such a good time, went everywhere, did everything (or at least put a dent in it). I am up early as I am obviously on east coast time with my body, but will nap later. Glad to be home safely and to sleep like a log last night in my own bed.

More to follow soon, one short day of catch up before I head out to the busy project and client site tomorrow! I need a vacation from my vacation!

• nativemainer
    edited October 2016

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Sunday Funday!Except I'm not very happy, caught a cold and am having the tired, stuffy nose, cough and wheeze, headachy, sore throat thing going on.My big plans are to sleep as much as possible today, in between drinking cups of hot tea with lots of honey to see if I can throw this off before the new week of work starts.Gotta love cold season,NOT.

Genny--oh, boy, why do some people thing that setting off fire alarms is a funny joke?At least it wasn't the real thing, and you got a free breakfast!I bet you do miss Nora.Yes, the baby holding was at the same home as the arguing daughter and GF.They did suck it up and worked very well together for his last few days, though.Sadie can be noisy when someone comes too close to the car, but she can also be sound asleep and never notice someone leaning on the car!But let a squirrel try to sneak by and she's up and woofing!Oh my, Nora is going to be a real diva someday!

Jazzy--Welcome home!So glad you had such a good time!

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD:

Apple and Cinnamon Joy

Ingredients

Directions

Pour schnapps into shot glass. Dribble Goldschlager into schnapps. Stir twice.

Best served in a Shot Glass.

Apple and Cinnamon Joy recipe

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited October 2016

I'm home, yet again!

Cami, you had me cracking up, talking and answering yourself, here alone in the lounge! And the cork in your mouth. And no, you do not have smoke MMJ. I don't. I eat it.

Hsant, just now reading about your dad. I'm very sorry. Prayers and hugs for you girl.

NM, sorry for the loss of your patient, but how fun that you got to spend some time with the baby. A new life to replace the one that is lost.

My sweet Wacko, what are ye painting? And you are right about using a good brush.

LDB, I sure hope you can control your "sludge" with diet. At this stage in the game, I would hate to have to go through being cut wide open. I think you see doc tomorrow about your heart. I can tell you this, I know it is full of love.

NM, I hope your double duty doesn't last too long, but you don't seem too put off by it. Hopefully you and Sadie are off today. Whew! Glad I refreshed, as I almost bumped you into the pewl. Not good iffin you aren't feeling well. Maybe we can sit in the hot tub a spell. But yes, please rest. Praying it doesn't make your asthma act up.

Mary, we went to Moab UT camping. So good to have more aNORAble pictures. What is she going for on Halloween? I know she will be a little cutie. I remember last years picture.

Jazzy, you left and returned during my hiatus! Welcome home. I hope there was no drama and just good times.

I know Julie has had to fly home for her mom. Sending her lots of love and prayers.

We had a great time. Went and did our extreme tour and ended up rolling over. No one hurt, and the rig went over real slow, and we were pretty much stopped. Pictures are on my phone, so need to do it from there or email them to me!

• goldie0827
    edited October 2016

Edited to remove pics.

• jazzygirl
    edited October 2016

Goldie- welcome back too! What was happening in that photo? Extreme tours gone wrong? Eeek!

• chisandy
    edited October 2016

Goldie, Jazzy—welcome back.

Jazzy, so glad you loved my old home town (did you ever get across the river for a ride on the Cyclone and a Nathan’s hot dog by the sea?). Neglected to mention that your cut & color looks fantastic on you.

Genny, my niece is a senior (taking a work-study year beforehand) at Case/Cleveland Inst. of Art, where she’s majoring in video game design and minoring in Japanese. But since she lives in Rock Spring, VA (border of Arlington & McLean), she’s still mourning the Nats before she can root for the Indians.

Speaking of baseball, I think last night I aged nine years over 8-1/2 innings. Yikes—can my heart (and digestive system) take another six games of this before we get to the Series? (Don’t wanna jinx things—this is the Cubs’ fifth time in the NLCS since we moved here, and that’s as far as we got. I am reminded of the line in the late legendary Cubs-fan-folk-music-icon Steve Goodman’s “A Dying Cub Fan’s Last Request:” “the last time the Cubs won a National League pennant was the year we dropped the bomb on Japan.” And then there’s the infamous Billy Goat Curse. Sianis’ nephew performed a ceremony in 2003 to break the hex…didn’t work. BTW, some of Goodman’s ashes are buried beneath the first base paths at Wrigley Field).

When Gordy (my DS) & I got home from our gig early last night (I sang and his improv troupe riffed sketches based on my songs), we had leftover pizza and Maryhill Zinfandel 2010 (still wonderful 2 months after opening, thanks to that Coravin). When Bob got home we ordered out for old-school Cantonese. I celebrated the Cubs Game 1 victory (not so much rejoicing as relief) with a small glass of the Liebfraumilch Bob picked up on his way from work. Meh. Now I remember why I never drank much of it, not even in college. But Joni Mitchell mentioned it in two of her songs—the “17 glasses, Rhine wine. Milk of the Madonna, clandestine” in “Don’t Give Up the Sorrow;” and the “bottle of German wine to drink” in “Just Like This Train.” And we still have a soft spot for her earlier albums, up through Hejira (and a couple of later songs like “Magdalene Laundries” and “Chinese Cafe”).

• jazzygirl
    edited October 2016

ChiSandy- we did walk the Brooklyn Bridge on our last day there but then caught a cab back to the hotel. Our cab driver that day spoke of the Promenade in Brooklyn and for our next visit!

• chisandy
    edited October 2016

The Promenade (along Montgomery St. in B’klyn Hts.) has spectacular views of Manhattan across the East River, even as far west as NJ). It’s a nice capper for a day spent strolling the area shopping and dining. It was a popular late-night date night destination when I was in college, almost as much so as the then-desolate Canarsie Pier—our flatland sea-level version of Mulholland Drive.

• camillegal
    edited October 2016

Oh everyone is back, I'm so excited---Lori what were u doing? It look like that trip for suicide for beginners. So glad no one was hurt, but looks terrible. Hsant if u see these pics. what does it remind u of? Lori u sound like u had a wonderful time and u were feeling good. GREAT!

And Jazzy wow u too, u packed a lot in a few days, I'm sure there will be PICS. not any suicide off a bridge or anything, just Pics. I love when u gals put pics in here.

Talk about them Oh our Anorable is so darling, she can really put on makeup, little girls are so fun like that--u've been pretty busy too. But glad u came in, I miss u when u stay away.

SusyQ waiting for u'r results. I did not know "sludge" was real, til Leslie told me what it was, I hope u don't need this taken care of the other way.

I hope Julie is doing as well as she can. She is with her family, so that's always comforting.

OK "CHEERS" is on now, so I'd better try to get to sleep for a few hours.

Oh now I member NM didn't u have a cold not to long ago? I hope u get rid of this one quickly.

LUBS U ALL

DARA!!!!!!!!!!

• nativemainer
    edited October 2016

Good morning, Loungettes!Anyone want a 50% share of a nasty head cold?40%?10%?No?No takers?Wow, thought that was a really good deal, but not even Sadie wants part of it!At least I was able to sleep fairly well last night.And most of the day yesterday.So I should be good to slog through today.

Goldie--Welcome home, yet again!It was fun playing with the baby, and while I'm sad the patient died, he was ready to be done with this world, was grateful to be home, and did not want to go on very long in the state he was in.He had met his grandson, and did not want to be in pain any more.So, not so bad, really, after the sorrow and grief for his family.The extra duty won't be forever, a new nurse is in orientation, and I am not going to push myself to the point of triggering the asthma.At the first sign that's kicking up I'll be in walk in care and taking at least one day off.But I do miss having a hot tub right about now.OH, my, rolled over the toy?I'm assuming that no one was hurt, and the buggy is ok, too.At least I hope so!Wow, I see the pics, now.Looks like no real damage beyond maybe some scratches.I see you found a puddle to splash in!

Mornin' Jazzy!

Chi-your niece is majoring in video game design and minoring in Japanese?Sounds like a winning combo!Good for her! That Coravin thingy sounds like it was a great investment for you.

Cammy--suicide for beginning, made me LOL!You have quite a way with words!And yes, I did have a bit of a cold a few weeks ago, but it blew over really quickly.I'm praying this one does too.

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD:

Grandpa's Cough Medicine

1/2 oz vodka

1/2 oz rum

1/2 oz whisky

1 oz red wine

3 oz cranberry juice

4 oz ginger ale

Add vodka, rum, whisky, red wine and cranberry juice to shaker filled about 3/4 full with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into large highball glass with ice, top off with ginger ale and stir if needed. (If preferred, substitute cranberry juice for another dark juice - cherry, grape, ect.)

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited October 2016

Good morning girls, it's 0 dark thirty here, DH got home from Maine yesterday, he caught a cold along the way, maybe he crossed paths with NM. Anywho, he took Benedryl and was in bed at 8:30 and I ended up sleeping by 9 so here I am on my second cup of coffee. I'm off today, been trying hard to de-clutter around here, yesterday I vaccumed under the bed....yikes! ..enough fur under there to build my own german shepherd! I'm not going to see Nora till next Sunday, it's been way too long. I went to Lowe's yesterday and all the Xmas trees are up! ugh, mixed in with all the giant inflatable Halloween stuff. Just saw on tv that Lego's is coming out with a yellow submarine and Beatles to go in it, I think I have to buy it! Nora can build it for me in a few years! It's to celebrate 50 years since the song came out! Oh my gosh if I didn't feel old when I woke up I do now! We are supposed to break record temps today, going to be in the 80's, think I'll wash my car and clean up the patio, these temps are not going to last.

Sandy, So I just googled it and the Indians have not won the World Series since 1948 and the last time they won the ALCS was 1997 so both teams are due, sure hope we end up playing each other! We have a game today so fingers crossed. Cleveland has come a long way, downtown area has gotten so nice, DH and I will be going for his birthday on Friday. Does your niece like it? I had 1 round of chemo and all my rads at Case Western. I used to drink Liebfraumilch years ago, don't think I could get it past my lips now. Sounds like your gig went well.

Cami, I don't stay away on purpose, just don't pick up my computer a lot lately, never seems to be enough hours in the day. I never did get to read back, what kind of operation does Leslie need? Is it scheduled yet?

Lori, wow!! those pics, OMG that looks scary to me. We did the Pink Jeep tour and I was thinking, it feels like this thing is going to flip but then I told myself.. this guy does this all day long and he knows what he's doing. I know where you go it's like where we were on steroids but were you nervous? do they flip them over often? Don't know what Nora will be for Halloween, probably whatever her cousin was last year, she is 4 so Nora gets all her hand-me-downs. So when do you get your next bone scan? So glad you are feeling so much better, how's the appetite?

Jazzy, glad you had such a good time in NYC, please show us some pics when you get caught up on your sleep.

NM, hope you're feeling better and turning the corner on the cold. Do you have to go out today or can you work from home? Hope you and Sadie got to relax some on your work weekend. DH said Maine was just gorgeous and full of tourist He flew into Portland and sales meeting was in North Conway NH.

hsant, hope you and your dad can get outside today and enjoy the weather. Does your dad like baseball? Anyway, hope he's having a good day today.

Sue, hope GB pains are at bay. Cardiologist appt today? keep us posted. Hugs..

Dara, hope all is well, and we see you soon.

Julie, hugs to you and hope you and family are doing alright at this tough time.

OK, almost light, time to take the pooches to the woods... lubs!

• jazzygirl
    edited October 2016

Good morning ladies- here are some of the first pics from the first day and a half

First, some photos from our monday visit to the MOMA

The skating had just opened at Rockefeller Center the day we visited

This the best martini I have ever had at the Sir Harry at the Waldorf. Included blue cheese stuffed olives

The view from our suite looking down 49th street

• jazzygirl
    edited October 2016

Part 2- we spent some time at the Columbus Day parade. I have a question for Cami if she knows the Italian TV celebrity we were told about below who was working the crowd, and if you know who she is?

• jazzygirl
    edited October 2016

Few final photos from the Blue Note in the village where we saw the Dizzie Gillespie Afro Cuban Experience. It was SOOOOO good! Jazzy loves her jazz!

• goldie0827
    edited October 2016

Cami, we had a fabulous time, and no, no one was hurt. When is your DD having surgery? And I see Joey made breakfast for everyone.

Mary, I forgot to comment on Nora's make up. As for the ride, no I wasn't nervous at all, been out with them before. He has done over 1100 tours and that was his first tip. I get labs this week, maybe today. Not sure when I get a bone scan, guess it depends what my markers show. My appetite is back and I'm able to eat. And YES, I feel great, just about normal.

NM, glad you will take it easy. And you are right, there was a little scratching on the roll bar, and a mirror fell off. This guy does that maneuver at that spot, probably a couple times a week. His pride was hurt the most.

Jazzy, what a view…wowsa! Don't ya just hate when vacation ends? Sure looks like you made the most of your time in the Big Apple.

It's Monkey Day!

• jazzygirl
    edited October 2016

Hey Cami- I found the name of that italian TV personality in the photo above. It is Franchesca Alderisi.