Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• undercoverebel
    undercoverebel Member Posts: 574
    edited February 2017

10 Boozy Drinks To Welcome Winter A drink to warm up this wretched winter. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Cheers.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited February 2017

OK I'm back---

It's still so cold here but going to change tomorrow maybe.

Might go to Jodie's Sat. nite with Joey. He's anxious to go and likes me to go with for whatever reason. Altho Jodie's fun, I still have to put up with FF, so I have to see if I can push myself, of course my "D: will have a say in this too. oooo I want coffee, but we have a screwy maker and Marty's the only one that can use it. We bought a Mr. Coffee the other day and it broke in 2 days. U know I should by myself one of those cheap one cuppers, I drink coffee much more than they do. Aha my next purchase, that took a long time to think of that.

I did not address everyone and I'm sorry, but u guys are always in my heart and prayers.

LUBS U ALL

• camillegal
    edited February 2017

Thanks Shannon, looks good.

• camillegal
    edited February 2017

Image result for tgif gif

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited February 2017

Good Morning, Loungettes! A chilly 7 degrees on my back deck this ayem. No wind, though, which is a good thing. Yesterday turned into a long day, the new nurse isn't working today so we couldn't break at 5 peeyem and finish the admission this ayem, had to run through the whole thing yesterday. But, the admit is done, only a couple things left for this ayem, won't take me long. Probably get another admission today, but hopefully it won't be a late day one. We'll see. Got a humidifier for the bedroom and ran it last night, slept much better, not so coughy this ayem, hopefully I can throw this cough with some intensive TLC over the weekend.Sadie says Woof to everyone.

Cammy--dang that gremlin, he got you!

Goldie--It's not illegal to be caught with MJ, It's illegal to be caught BUYING it. It's been legal for medical use for some time, can only be legally bought using the "green card" in specially licensed stores. For recreational use the state hasn't figured out the regulations for licensing sellers. Very complicated/confusing situation. Great pic!

Jazzy--So far as I've been able to find out the rules for using MJ for healthcare workers depends on the employer's policies.My employer does random drug screens, I need to look up the policy to see what happens if a positive is found. Don't plan to smoke it cuz of the asthma, but I have learned that eating it and tinctures and oils work well, so would go that route if I ever dared to try it. So good you have a light at the end of the tunnel for all the meds and scans!

Chi--sounds like a lot of work needing to be done on the damaged area. The Rabbi Emeritus sound like a great man.What a story of his life!

Jazzy--praying the Prolia aches ease soon.Sounds like a great movie.

Welcome, Angie!

Morning, Peggy! I now have this mental picture of an entire town's population floating along in a very mellow mood looking for munchies, with green, fragrant smoke drifting everywhere. . . .

Hsant--Yup, I've always loved the teaching part of nursing the most. I just wish it paid decently! Wow, look at them pics! Have some snow!

Cammy--If working part time is possible, I will pursue it.But maybe not this year.I really want to get the mortgage paid off this year. Need to make some phone calls about that.

Undie--neat looking drink! Does it have a name?

Love the Friday Dance!

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD:

Overcast Friday

Ingredients

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake vigorously. Pour into a highball glass over several ice cubes. Add a maraschino cherry, and serve.

Best served in a Highball Glass.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited February 2017

Jazzy, congrats on the good doctor visits. My onc was going to release me after I hit 5 years, well not release me, but have me to come just annually. I said I would like to keep it at 6 months, and I would still like to get labs every 6 months. Well, good thing I did that! I see the prolia is similar to xgeva, I wonder if you could take that. I took it for awhile, did the injections myself, no se's.

Sandy, sorry to hear about the Rabbi passing. But my gosh, for both of them to live beyond 100, amazing. Are you staying in your house or hotel?

Pontiac Peg, did you live in Pontiac MI? I grew up in MI, Sterling Hgts. Love how you say you are fun to visit! My DH likes Lambrusco.

Hsant, good for you going for the pedi and massage, you certainly deserve it! I don't think I could eat raw oysters. I used to, but don't think I could anymore. We would have them with sardines and crackers. That is a friend of ours and yes that is Bentley. She is dental hygienist, which is how we met.Wow, das a lot of snow!

Cami, it's amazing what dogs can do. I've seen where they can detect if a diabetic might be going into some sort of diabetic coma, or whatever. Same with detecting when a person might have a seizure. Just amazing. Are you talking about one of those kurieg (sp) coffee makers? I hope you and Joey are able to go to Jodie's. Plus we want to hear more FF stories!

Hey Unde, now I know you can do better than that to keep things warm around here!

NM, we had some of that nasty cold weather, with single digits but mostly at night, warming up now. Ok, I understand the medical MJ (MMJ), but is it legal at all for recreational pleasure? Here it's only for MMJ, no recreational use. And yes, lots of ways to use it other than smoking it. Love your vision of the peeps in WA.!

Nothing new with my dad, so still just waiting. I guess he's been a bit of a challenge (shall we say). Not wanting anyone to touch him. Started him back on the Coumadin and gave him something to calm him.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited February 2017

Good morning friends- end of the week already! Waking up feeling a bit less achy this morning. I do plan to focus on things at home but also doing my noon time yoga class. Exercise does help me to feel better as the Prolia SEs work there way through.

I find my time during my contract breaks goes so quickly, and when I am on contract, those weeks do drag on! I am refocusing my work efforts on some other opps right now as my collaboration team does not seem to be able to come together right now in a meaningful way. I think there will be some things there with time, but I want to get some cash flow going by March. Always good to have some irons in a few fires.

Lots of newbees popping in!

Angie-that must have been a really old post because I think I was trying the green coffee bean supplements sometime earlier in the year when I got diagnosed. I pretty much only take a few things now with respect to vitamins and supplements, because some of the supplements have estrogen like behaviors. The only way to know if it is okay to take is to ask your MO if it is okay to take it, assuming you have one?

Undercover- welcome to our thread CA is having a wicked stormy winter. My sister lives in Cali and has kept me well informed on the weather there. I heard it dried out recently, but more storms now coming.

Pontiac- also welcome! I know your handle from other threads I have been on. I was just talking about Riunte lambrusco as being one of the few wine choices back in the day. I did not even know they still made that wine!

NM- sounds like a more reasonable week for you this week and you had some nice company the other day with that other nurse for that longer drive. I hope you are not on call this weekend and you and Miss Sadie can have some time quality indoor time together. How are her cooking skills coming along? I bet that box is full again.......

Goldie- continuing to keep you and your family in my prayers for better days. Love the photo, is that your DD and GS?

Hsant- hot stone massages are one of my favorite things to do! Sounds divine and much needed for your wellness. I had a massage therapist for six years that ran her own business and did hot stones with her for a good price. She closed her business a year and a half ago so now I go to my regular spa which is more expensive so hot stones are less frequent.

Dara- hope you get some good news soon on your efforts to get some compensation and/or new work. Spring is coming and a better time for houses to sell?

I am going to shift gears today and get focused on packing for my trip to Vegas next week. I am really ready to get out of dodge for a few days. The Venetian, Canyon Ranch Spa and Elton John, here I come!

Wishing everyone a good end of the week! TGIF!

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2017

And just for fun.....

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited February 2017

Lori, I loved the Venetian when I stayed there, and Canyon Ranch Spa is wonderful (pricey, though—cut & color ran >$300).

I’m still in our house. I’ll know more about needing a getaway next Thursday when the project mgr. comes by and I can find out how long there’ll be dust, how stinky the paint will be and for how long.

• goldie0827
    edited February 2017

My dad is gone.

I talked with his wife this morning on our way to town, around 9 am. He came down with pneumonia and his heart had been racing, and he was fidgety. Hhad him on anti b's, and asked her if it came down to it, would he want to be on life support. She told them no, he would not want that.Few hours later they decide to take him off all meds, dope him up with morphine and just have him on O2, and call hospice in. Just a short time after, around 2:30 and he is gone. So they must have known, otherwise why would they have asked about life support? And did all this happen because of the fall???

• chisandy
    edited February 2017

(((Lori))). May your dad’s memory be for a blessing.

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2017

Oh Goldie/Lori, I am so sorry. I am so sorry sister, this is so sudden. Heart

• heidi s
    heidi s Member Posts: 398
    edited February 2017

Goldie, I am so, so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. {{{Goldie}}

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited February 2017

Lori so sad to see that your loving Dad has passed. Sending you gentle (((((((hugs))))))) of comfort.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• goldie0827
    edited February 2017

Jazzy, that is a friend of ours and her son. She is only about 4 years younger than me. So no, not my DD. When are you leaving for Vegas? How long and is your sister joining you?

Sandy, that's Jazzy going to Vegas and staying at the Venitian, not me.

Thank you ladies for your condolences. And I know more will be in to offer more. Certainly not in the mood to check my labs. Going to be a tough weekend.

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2017

Goldie- so much going on for you sister with the testings, apts and the passing of your dad. Just all too much at once. Maybe don't check the lab results until right before you go in?

We are going for four days (10th-13th) to Vegas.

• goldie0827
    edited February 2017

I guess the labs don't really matter, since my scans already revealed the extra bone mets and now in my liver. But yes, a lot to process for sure.

Who is "we" Jazz?

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2017

Goldie- the "we" is my sister and her partner, and myself. We are meeting in Vegas on Friday, I am flying in and they are driving in from southern Cali. The plans include the concert (Sat), a facial for myself Sunday (and yes ChiSandy, not cheap but I need to experience a Canyon Ranch spa) and possible brunch with some friends of theirs who live there either Sat or Sun. We all leave Monday afternoon. It will go quickly!

One of the women from the possible brunch event just came through breast cancer treatment last fall, although I don't know much more than that. Of the possible brunchers (five of us), three of us have had breast cancer. These friends may or may not know I had it, but they know my sister did. My sister's partner has her own health issues, and usually just acts like it never happened to any of us. I never bring the subject up though, never a good group conversation in my opinion. My sister and I share results from our follow ups with each other, that is about it these days.

• nativemainer
    edited February 2017

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy sunny Saturday! Sadie and I had a lovely sleep in, and are ignoring the cold outside. At least until the washer gets done and I have to hang out some laundry. Just checked the temp whilst refilling the coffee cup, 22 degrees, very little breeze, not the deep freeze I heard predicted.Love seeing the sun. Sadie s right full of piss and vineagar today, simply cannot be on the correct side of the door. So my exercise today will be let Sadie in, let Sadie out, let Sadie in, you get the idea.

Goldie--Yes, a referendum passed and went into effect at the end of January making recreation MJ use/possession legal. The catch is that there is no way to legally BUY it.I'm watching to see how it all plays out. Hoping your Dad feels better soon.

Jazzy--This last work week was much better, next week looks good, too.This weekend is going to be focused on throwing off this cold/calming down the asthma and Sadie cuddles. Trying to head things off before I need to go down the steroid road, I really do not like that. I'm thinking her crate is getting filled up again, need to check it out pretty soon and see what she's collected.

Luv the alternative cuss words! I've heard some of them many times!

{{{{{Goldie}}}}}Your Dad has been declining for a while, but very slowly and not in ways that could be seen.The human body is so very good at maintaining a status quo while using up all the reserves it has, then when something happens, like a fall, the balance is broken, there isn't enough reserve energy left to heal all the damages, big and small, that have collected on top of the new ones. This is why pneumonia is called the old man's friend. It sets in when the immune system is stressed and can't fight it, and without a lot of medical intervention like breathing tubes and machines, quietly and gently puts the person to sleep and the body peacefully and painlessly turns off.In a situation like this, if he had been put on the breathing machine, he would have lived a few days or a week or two longer, but he would never have been able to come off the breathing machine. Not that knowing any of this makes any difference in how you feel right now. I am so sorry for your loss.

Jazzy--sounds like a great fun trip!

Big Daddy

Ingredients

Directions

Pour over ice & stir.

Best served in a Highball Glass.

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2017

NM- that was such a nice thing you wrote about things about Goldie's dad. You rock sister.

• chisandy
    edited February 2017

Jazzy, my favorite restaurants in Vegas (when I last visited in 2015) were Joel Robuchon (both the formal and bistro) in the MGM, Juan Serrano Tapas in the Aria, Estatorio Milos in the Cosmopolitan, Bouchon (Thomas Keller) in the Venetian and Carnevino (Mario Batali) in the Palazzo. I like Mon Ami Gabi in Paris Las Vegas, but we go to the original in Chicago all the time. Not impressed by anything in the indoor mall adjacent to Planet Hollywood (next door to the Elara condo resort where last we stayed)—stay away from the pan-Asian buffet and the Brazilian steakhouse (several notches below Texas de Brazil and Fogo de Chao). Disappointed by Twist (Pierre Gagniere). David Burke’s Primehouse is pretty good, but Carnevino’s steaks were so much better (and it has Italian sides, pastas & antipasti).

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2017

Good morning friends- happy funday Sunday. It has been a super warm weekend here and looks to be another today. Going to get a bit of pre-spring yard work and other things done today. Mid afternoon yesterday registered close to 70 degrees.

I went to play music yesterday which was SO FUN, and we had a huge turn out for the weekly jam session. I played pretty well too, which felt good. I need to take the soprano sax next and play that next time I go (later this month). I have not been playing that for awhile and need to either get back in to playing it or should sell it.

I found myself in a bike shop yesterday exploring options for a new bike. Although I have been a big biker my whole life, I have found it hard to get back in to it since my surgeries in 2012. I think I need a different kind of bike now, and found something yesterday that is more like the old fashion kind of bike where when you stop, you can put your feet down (unlike most road bikes, mountain bikes, etc.) Called a "townie" and meant for more leisurely riding vs. long distance (still have another bike good for that). And so yesterday, I found the perfect bike, and it is on sale, took a spin on it, and WANT IT!

But here is the challenge, I have two bikes right now in my garage, and there is no way I can take on a third with my current storage space. One of the bikes is a high end mountain bike I rode awhile back and is still in good shape and been wanting to sell it. I don't do that kind of riding anymore in the new world with brittle bones, and this bike shop is willing to look at it and possibly do a trade in for $$$ towards the new bike. So I am going back on Tuesday with my mountain bike and my goal is to get rid of the bike I don't ride and come home with one I will ride. I have been looking at this type of bike for a few years that I found yesterday, and think I am ready to make the change to something better for me. The warm spring like weather got me inspired! Wish me luck!

ChiSandy- thank you for all those restaurant suggestions! I am going to recommend those to my sister. Bouchon is where we are planning to have brunch on Sunday, that places looks yum. We are all huge fans of french food (anything french really....) Looking forward to some good food, and beverage this coming weekend! I see a mimosa or some sparkling rose in my future at that brunch?

How is your cold coming along?

NM- sounds chilly back there and Miss Sandy has you busy with the in and out all day. I was glad to hear you slept in sister, I know you needed that.

Goldie- you are so in my thoughts right now sister with all that is going on. I hope you are surrounded by much love and comfort with your family right now. Will be in your pocket tomorrow for the visit with your MO.

Hi ChrissyB!

For those of you doing a superbowl thang, have fun today!

Cami, Hsant, Genny, MemaSue, Dara, and all my other friends here, wishing you a good day!

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited February 2017

Good Sunday morning girls, hope everyone is enjoying a relaxing day off. DH sleeping just finished my second cup of coffee and playing ketchup in the lounge. We went to a wine tasting last night then came home and made a pizza, I decided to buy the first 50 Shades of Grey and watch with my hubs. I read the book but never saw the movie, anyway, I lasted about half an hour, they'd just had plain old missionary style sex for the first time and I fell asleep. Super Bowl today so maybe we'll try another day, have to try and get thru it before 10:00 since I can't seem to stay awake anymore. We both did a boot camp class yesterday and are soooo sore, I'm hobbling around here like a 90 year old. DH has lost 5 pounds, I finally lost 1, so not fair. I have to work an extra day this week because it's perm season again so will be a longer week for me but I still have tomorrow off. DH will be traveling so I'll be on my own with the pooches and the worse part is another thaw is coming so the mud again...ugh! I wish the ground would just stay frozen till spring! So I'm a wee bit hung over, just made myself breakfast and took out 3 ibuprofen and dropped one on the floor and Louie gobbled it up. I know dogs are not supposed to have ibuprofen but hopefully one 200 mg cap won't bother a 75 lb dog. DH took Emma to the vet the other day, they did another ultrasound and said no more fluid around her heart but she has a severe arrhythmia causing her lack of energy. They said she is in no pain and with any kind of luck she could die in her sleep, vet didn't think she could last more than a few weeks. DH took her to Rainbow Babies Hospital to say goodbye to everyone. The staff had gotten quite attached to her as well as the other therapy dog parents so he said it was very emotional.

Dara, I'm so sorry to hear about your Bella, it just plain sucks doesn't it? I pry that both our furbabies can die peacefully in their own homes and neither of us has to do the dreaded euthanasia. Hope you are feeling better, better times ahead sistah, I just knows it!

hsant, glad to hear you dad is holding his own right now. The pedicure sounds devine, and the oysters and white wine would have been nice. My MO appt is at 11:00 on the 20th. Hope we can meet up, it's a few weeks off so we can figure it out then. We did not get snow anything like you did, maybe 6 inches at most and most of it has melted since. Schools were closed for the day tho. Supposed to be 50's on Tuesday and then get cold again, it's been a messy winter. My head is pretty much an empty shell now too for exactly the same reasons. It's a good thing my job doesn't require brains.

Lori, I am so sorry, hugs and prayers to you my friend, you have way to much on your plate these days. (((Lori)))

NM, hope you're getting some rest this weekend, and snuggle time with Sadie. My Moose can never find the right side of the door either, it goes on from 4 pm till 9 ayem when he finally goes to be. He yells to go out, then bangs on the screen door to get in. Beautiful words for Lori, I can see why you are a good hospice nurse. Medical MJ was approved here last year but still nowhere to get it, they say it may be a few more years but I don't think it's going to be available to smoke. Very confusing, they really haven't figured it out yet, just wish they'd legalize it all over and be done with it, it's going to happen eventually anyway.

Jazzy, another getaway for you, sounds fun. I saw Elton John several years ago, he was with Billy Joel, it was wonderful! I have friends with the townie bikes, they are so comfortable to ride, I've thought about getting one, you can go twice as far and get half as tired. So much more comfortable on the tush. Hope you get the one you want, I never thought about looking for a use one, I may have to look into that. And yay for an end date to the AI's, good for you!

Sandy, sounds like the housing restoration is finally falling into place, hope it goes quickly and without too much mess. Hope the ENT and therapy gets you back singing like a bird soon.

Cami, did you make it to Jodie's last night? And the ff, any fun stories? Hope you did and that Joey had a good time.

And hi undercover and Sue and to the new girls too, have a great day, time to get out with the pooches.

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2017

Genny- sorry to here about Emma Heart

And I had to ask, there is a perm season? I have to ask as I have not permed my hair since the 80s when it was quite the fashion. My mother used to go once a month for a perm. So do tell?

• nativemainer
    edited February 2017

Good afternoon, Loungettes!Sadie and I have been, well, I have been very lazy this ayem. Just feeling tired, so not doing anything but watching TV and dozing. Well, I have got the work clothes washed and hung out to dry, but otherwise, done nothing. Now going to work on the hydration thing, and hope this means that the cold/cough/asthma is calming down.Currently sipping peppermint tea with honey.

Goldie--holding you and your family in my prayers.

Jazzy--thank you.

Chi--have you ever considered writing for foodie magazines?You'd make a fortune!

Jazzy--Doing lots of the sleeping in thing today, too!

Genny--praying that Emma does die peacefully in her sleep.This is such a hard part of having furbabies. It would be a lot easier if all the states and the feds got together and did one thing with Willie, wouldn't it?

Rough Rider Old Fashioned Bronco

liV Seahawk Gimlet

• maryland
    edited February 2017

• maryland
    edited February 2017

Jazzy, yes, working in a retirement home there is indeed "perm season". They get 4/year, Oct/Nov, then good for the holidays. Feb/March, good for mothers day. June/July, good for Summer.... and so it goes. Nothing like the 4-5 per day I did in the late 70's and early 80's! pretty much only give them to those over 80 now.. thank God, not my fav.

NM, glad to hear the cough/cold/asthma is settling down, hope you don't have to overdo it this week.

Loved Lady Gaga at halftime show, no boobs falling out or other crap, just singing. Sweet dreams girls!

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited February 2017

Oh My Gosh Girls,

I wanted to poop in with condolences for Lori on the passing of her dad and for Mary and Dort for their Fur babies. So not fair.

Know that I am always sending hugs and prayers even when I am MIA. This is the only thread I get email alerts from and am always trying to stay caught up with everyone. I read at stop lights, in carpool lanes, etc.... I have been on most of the weekend trying to ketchup, only to find out way too many I knew or recognized on BCO have passed. It's very disturbing and sad.

Lori and Kim! What cute profile pictures. Bootiful! I need to rethink my profile pic now that my fins are pretty much back to normal. Took long enough.

I was so grumpy a couple weeks ago thinking about having our feet in the sand and the fact that they currently were not!

Cami--as alway, you crack me da hail up! You always put a smile on my face. And a 💩 Transplant from Wacko?? That Joey too! My DD is 12 1/2 and they have so much in common. We could just arrange a marriage right now😜

Kim--you are always so busy and I hate they screwed you over for that job, but maybe as they say one door closes so others open. Hope the aunties are well. Dick and your mom too. And yay Pearl is back on the road! And Silly Sadie sounds like she is still up to her tricks!! We rescued a puppy a month ago. He is awesome but boy is he trouble!

Sandy-- I can relate to the house troubles. After our dining room ceiling caved in the 3rd time we gave up. Our brick front leaks because it was installed wrong but the insurance says it is fascia, not structural and they won't cover it. At our old house we had a broken water pipe on the second floor and had to stay at a hotel while they "fixed" everything. Then we had to take out the kitchen cabinets and put them back correctly so the doors would open. Ugh. Hope you are feeling better and things go well with the voice Doctor.

Jazzy--your work sounds very stressful but your retreat sounded nice. Sorry the hot springs was a bust. Have fun in Vegas. I'm super bummed I don't get to make my yearly trip in March.

Hsant--it is a very special thing you are doing with/for your dad. I'm sure it takes its toll so remember to take care of you and the hubby too!

Undie--nice visuals as usual! Hope all is well.

Mary- so sorry to hear about Emma. Your Nora stories bring back memories of things my kids did! Perm season 🙀 Brings back more memories of giving and getting. But damn. That was the 70's!!

Sue-- your trip sounded wonderful. I hope you are feeling well cuz I know nothing will slow you down!im going to miss seeing you this year 😔 How are the dogs and the grandkids? Did your Maddie finally grow into the ladybug outfit? Lol!

Dara, Dara, Dara--your girl are a hot damn mess and I hope you catch a break very soon. So sorry about your Bella. I've been through that with dogs and cats and it sucks. I'm always here if you need to vent or a late night ear!

Lori--I'm so sorry for your struggles and to hear of your dad's passing. It's hard to be in the age range where you have kids to keep up with and then parents too! We visited my parents for Christmas because something was telling me to go. We usually don't travel for Christmas but I couldn't get past the feeling that we needed to go. Right after new year my mom got really sick and ended up in the hospital for a week. I hope the FU pills are being kinder this time round. I saw a bone mets study they are doing in Utah and I will look it up and post the link. They have so much new research on ILC now that some heads came out their EWWAs and they realized it needs to be researched and treated as its own RB. Something will see you dancing with NED. There is a member here John Smith and his wife was diagnosed with ILC. He is a research king and has posted all sorts of information. Of course you are no slouch in that department with you MMJ info.

Julie-- sorry to hear about your mam too. You have had too much on your plate too. I'm chaperoning a band trip to Disney in May. If you are there whoring around maybe we could meet up for a hug!

Hi Chrissy! And some new girls I saw too. Pontiac Peggy nice to meet you. I am sure I am missing someone so apologies in advance.

I've been at this for hours so am going to post before the gremlin notices!

Sending big hugs, lubs and prayers for all!

Rise Up! (Falcons thing 😉). Not a big fan but it gets me half price papa johns tomorrow!! They better not blow this. I don't want to cook

Love you girls. We need a Lamp Shade Party! Who's with me!

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2017

Hi ladies- my car got broken in to late this afternoon at my gym. They stole a bag of yoga stuff, which they obviously must have thought was a purse. I had this same window broken in to six years ago and some things of value stolen so I leave nothing of worth in the car now.

One more thing to deal with this week, but because this happened to me before, I know the routine.

I will try to touch base before I head to Vegas. I think I am ready to move......

• chisandy
    edited February 2017

So sorry about the car break-in, Jazzy. I've had so many here. About a year after moving to Chicago, I had my old Datsun broken into, and my guitar (covered by an old blanket on the back seat floor) stolen. It was a crappy entry-level Yamaha—and replacing it put me on the road to my music career (long story). Go figure. About a year after that, someone broke the passenger side window to get a ratty old vinyl box of cassettes (none of which would have interested a thief). Had they tried the passenger door, they'd have found it didn't lock. My stereo got stolen from my next car, so after I got a new “head unit" with removable faceplate (which I always removed and either locked in the trunk or carried with me) I also got an airplane-quality cast-aluminum locking cover for it. So the next thieves actually hacked out my entire dashboard.

Soon after that, we bought our house, with a detached garage. And all our cars since have had proprietary stereos which would not fit other cars. But that didn't stop the last break-in, which happened overnight during a snowstorm: the thieves, when they discovered the garage side door was locked, kicked in the wooden door. They smashed my car window, opened my trunk and stole my briefcase…which had my attorney registration card, Cook County ID, and office account checkbook in it (for paying filing fees—the court wouldn't take personal checks or credit cards back then). They also got my Weed-Whacker and half a box of grass seed. Had they been smarter, they'd have lifted the console cover and gotten my CD player cartridge with 10 discs. (In an earlier break-in, they'd left the car alone but stole my bike and manual reel-type push mower). The next day, I had a metal side door installed, with a reinforced deadbolt lock and strike plate. And I found my briefcase in a snowdrift behind the garbage bin, with all the contents intact.