Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited February 2017

Pray for me: my neighbor the Girl Scout delivered my Thin Mints this afternoon.

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited February 2017

Hi girls,

I hope you are all having a good Saturday. I slept several hours today since I had a rough night last night. But enough about me, for now anyway !!

Cam, sorry to hear that you are having pain. Feel free to wine away about it, gosh, you hardly complain at all. Regarding Willie Nelson, I have a friend who frequently partakes in schmoking de weed and I presented your question to her and here is her feedback: the Willy helps tremendously with most pain. The only pain that it does not help, is headache pain. She is not sure if it takes away the pain or just makes her not care so much about the pain. She gives Willy two thumbs up. I'm so sorry you are missing Katie cat so much, I feel your pain as the loss of a pet is very difficult to get over, especially in the early days of the loss. Lots of hugs coming your way. I do play piano and also played the flute but it has been many years since I've really applied myself and practiced. I will try to remember to post one of my old YouTube videos of me dabbling with my music. I hope Joey's headache is gone, I truly sympathize. He is young for headaches, I hope he doesn't get them often??

Mema! Sorry you have a cold, hope it goes away fast. Otherwise you sound really good. Your husband's truck got drunk, oops LOL. I am with you on thinking that it is quality over quantity of life, well for the most part. As NM said, it does not make sense to go through life miserable and without what makes us happy just for the off chance that we will live longer. You keep on smoking and drinking girl, I lift my glass to your now. Cheers!

Jazzy, Great photo of the sunrise. I enjoy tagging along with you and your adventures and living vicariously through you. You know how to work hard and you know how to play hard and I truly admire you for that. Keep up the great work. Hope you are enjoying every minute of your weekend retreat!

Chi, you are funny, my prayers are with you. I also envy you and wish that I had a box of thin mints and also a box of those peanut butter patties, yummy! I guess one benefit of not working right now is not being tempted by Girl Scout cookies as I a known addict.

Lori, you cracked me up in stating that your farts do not stink. That is exactly what I would've guessed since you are such a prim and proper AND a beautiful classy woman. I am happy to hear that you are eating better and no longer losing weight. Sending lots of love and prayers your way. Keep your chin up girl, love you so much.

NM, i'm glad you and Sadie got to sleep in. Sorry about the heartburn hope you learned your lesson about drinking orange juice late at night (I know you did)! But really glad you are feeling better. I hate that you have to do paperwork during the weekend. You deserve to have the entire weekends to yourself. You need more Kim time and I hate that you don't get enough. Hope you enjoyed your puttering today. And yes, a ligament behind my teeth was also surprising news to me. It is feeling somewhat better today but I have yet another new issue in my mouth. It's just crazy and almost unbelievable. I pray that we both get a break soon.

Hi Peggy, hope you are enjoying some Saturday night wine. It's good for you, don't listen to what anyone else says. I am an expert on the subject ha ha. Hope your weekend is going well.

HSant, woo hoo , Glad to hear that your dad is doing well. I'm sure he enjoyed his haircut and time outdoors. I also do not remember you talking about working for MGM, sounds very impressive. Do you have any other good stories for us regarding your employment there? Sending hugs and prayers your way as well. Keep on keeping on, it's the only way.

NEM, welcome, stop back and knock down some drinks with us. We are a fun bunch and just love having new loungettes join us!

Missing some girls, also thinking of our Genny and Emma, hoping all is well for both girls! xo

Well I am going to hit submit before I lose this post to the gremlins. By the way, Camille I am sorry it happened to you this week. It sucks so much doesn't it? Have a good night ladies and remember titties up, if you got em! Gonna try to finish up talking a about mese and mes chit next, k? (I am typing between commercials, watching a Shark Tank marathon, love that show...many tears at the end of each show.

cHeeRs!

• chisandy
    edited February 2017

Made some pan-seared coho salmon using America’s Test Kitchen’s no-fat-added recipe (they used Atlantic, which I usually don’t keep on hand). So tonight’s DODT was a 2011 Williams-Selyem “Eastside Road Neighbors” Russian River Pinot Noir, which I started Coravin-ing tonight. Yummy! It’s the third bottle of red currently on my sideboard which I’ve treated with argon gas so I can revisit whenever I want, even if even an ounce. The 2010 Bordeaux Superieur I first tried it on in Nov. 2015, and which I hadn’t tried since Jan. 2016 because it seemed too tannic and “hot” (heavy in alcohol), but tonight the tannins seem to be softening (especially after being “breathed” in the glass) and the fruit is coming through.

I love this contraption—I can try lots of different wines without paying a restaurant insane by-the-glass prices, not be afraid to open an expensive bottle and then have to finish it so as not to waste it, and I can drink only as little as my dinner requires. The argon capsules aren’t much more expensive than Whip-Its (um, don’t ask me how I know that) and I can keep several bottles opened yet sealed at once.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited February 2017

Hi goils,

Sandy that contraption does sound good for a wine drinker. An if i had the GS cookies this afternoon, I wouldn't have them now, for sure.

SusyQ stop getting that cold, hear me? Thank u and Dara about the Willie an it comes in so many kinds, which I think is great. I do smoke, but for some reason smoking that doesn't agree with me, OK gotsta check it out. All I have is RA and Fibro and together it aggrevates me, and I'm getting older so.......

Dara u have to tell us what's going on. Humph (I really don't say that word, just the sound)

NM OJ??? Really. I don't even drink it in the morning an I take those stupid pills every day Of course u had to sit up, I hope u'r having a good sleep tonite. And too I'm sorry, u r always working--I wish u didn't have to.

Jazzy as usual u came thru with u'r pic for us. Beautiful.

Pegg Jazzy is a big pic. person an we all enjoy her adventures.

I think Lori has company this weekend.

Joey gave me a mini concert tonite. And I knew and recognized the songs. But he did say he had trouble with the trill (? I think that was the word, u gals know about this stuff) He still enjoys it and now I do too.

OK I'll try to sleep now,took my meds, hope they work.

• camillegal
    edited February 2017

Image result for sleeping hangover

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited February 2017

Good morning, Loungettes! How is everyone this sunny, warm ayem? Sadie and I slept well last night, up around 7 ayem as we both needed to pee pretty badly.Need to find a way to get outside today. Need to get some exercise.Need to do lots of things, we'll see how much actually happens!

Peggy--GERD is a PIA, that's for sure.And OJ is good, just not after noon time for me!

Jazzy--beautiful!

Mema--so funny how DH's truck got drunk!

Cho--ooh, thin mints.I can eat those by the boxful!

Dara--yup, re-learned the lesson about drinking OJ after noon time.I even took some ranitadine to prevent the burn, but it didn't work very well.The only thing that really does help is sitting up, hence the sleeping in the recliner.But that's ok.Won't do it again for some time to come!

Chi--that sounds like quite the contraption, and I'm glad I gives you opportunities for fun with wines!

Cammy--yes, OJ.And I love drinking OJ.Just have to control it.

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD:

Margarita's Cadillac Delight recipe

• camillegal
    edited February 2017

Goo Morning Ladies,

Ha Ha I was the last one to write last nite so I bet u think I have nothing to say, don't worry I've got lots to say and none of it is interesting. First my D,d's stick so if u don't see a full word just put a d in there, it's to hard to correct. Also my Q'q's so if u see a u it'll be the Q OK?>?? They're pretty much partners.

Oh my BFF from 3rd grade finally got on FB and has a computer, we di loose touch for about 3 yrs. with me moving an her moving--(a mess) So she asked me if I was on messenger??? again and I'm not--Joey said it has to o with the phone and I sai I'll give her my email--Ugh she never had a computer and she knows messenger??? WTF, she's as stupid as me and she knows it. We went thru all of school together and then found out our dads worked together, we had a lot of fun times and I married her husbands best friend and we both got divorced but they moved her to FL and I hated him for that well I forgave him when he killed himself, but by then her mom moved there and her cousin and she was getting married again. Then she moved to some backwoods county in Ark. or somewhere, Anyway we always talked until we both moved. But growing up we did everything together we both liked the same boy, and we decide I could have him, and I did, then again we like the same boy so it was her turn an she took it. Anyway that was also my nite yesterday.

The kids have school off tomorrow and Leslie starts her regular schedule for her job. Done training- so she'll work 4 days a week about 20 hrs. So we'll see.

Sunday another whole week went by and Feb. is almost over too.

BTW SusyQ I'm surprised it's taking long for SSD But I think u'll get back pay when u start.

OK see ya all latah.

LUBS U ALL

• camillegal
    edited February 2017

Jeez in the pewl again. It's nice tho. Good DOTD NM--Just relax today will u?

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited February 2017

Wacko, you poor dear. I can't believe you can't get any relief for your headaches. This is just horrible. Botox is suppose to help? Oooohhhhhh tanka ewe, prim, proper, beautiful and classy, wowsa. As I stick mese nose up in deair, not to be confused wif a dairy aire, you goygot INNOCENT!

Sandy, cracking up at a wino with a credit card. Our g'daug was selling GS cookies, we just sent in a donation. Last time we bought some, 4 boxes I think, they lasted 2 years!

Cami, the MMJ can help with pain, but it relaxes you too. And they also have topical creams you can rub on you that help with pain. We send my MIL some, she uses it on her shoulders for the RA, and she says it helps her a lot. Hers is hemp, which is not illegal. Glad to hear Joey is still playing. Violin? I foygot. How nice to reconnect with your old friend. Good luck to your DD on with the new job.

NM, I have some essential oils, and a mister for them. Just need to remember to use it!

Jazzy, what a beautiful sunrise! Nice of you to pop in and share! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. I think you are spa-ing it, but at home too? I like to pronounce your city like albe-quirkey!

LDB, I really have not had an appetite issue for quite some time, at least 6 months, but the weight was just falling off. I'm maintaining for now, thank goodness, and not losing anymore. YES, you are entitled to your SS, which is why I applied. Might not live to retirement age, so taking what I can now. I was asking why you didn't take it sooner?

Company still here, leaving this morning. Here is a pic of me and Bentley, not very good, but good enough. Hoping Bella and Emma are doing ok.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited February 2017

Good afternoon friends- back from my second yoga retreat this year and it was fabulous! This one was local, so I came home to my own sweet little bed at night and spent time there during the yoga, for meals, some free time, etc. This center is a place I used to do retreats at years ago but then some change of hands happened and it was not available to us. But now it is back and she will do another one again next year. Love my yoga community.

Back home to get laundry done. I have a presentation I am doing this week at a local prof org I have to finish, a short story to type up for my class on Tuesday and my tax work to get to.

Will go back and catch up on your posts and write more to each of you later. Wishing you a good Sunday and glad you liked the pic!

• camillegal
    edited February 2017

Lori u look bootiful, and Bentley is so cute. OK I have to find out about this Hemp stuff--Leslie gave me Hemp body lotion (it's gone now) but she did say it was super for the skin. I don't really know anything about that tho.

Jazzy that seemed fast but u sound wonderful. U have a busy week this week, but get here as often as u can.

• camillegal
    edited February 2017

Jonny happy birthday party dog

NM Have a wonderful day

• camillegal
    edited February 2017

Image result for recipes for birthday alcoholic drinksThis DOTD is for NM

• nativemainer
    edited February 2017

Good Morning, Loungettes!Had to do a quick scheduling session this ayem, forgot to do it yesterday.Fortunately I've got a system so it didn't take very long.Assuming I didn't miss anything crucial. If I did, it'll get picked up quickly enough.Morning meeting this ayem, family meeting this peeyem,long morning meeting tomorrow ayem, going to be a big meeting week this week.Sigh.But there is a Wine Tasting this weekend to look forward to.And lots of snow melted off this weekend, although there is still quite a bit, it is a lot easier to see over the snowbanks now.

Cammy--ah, the joy of sticky keys! Makes us be creative in our writing when we have to avoid certain letters.So nice to be able to reconnect to your 3rd grade BFF!I bet you have lots to talk about. Sadie and I did lots of relaxing yesterday, in fact, we are doing way too much, nothing getting done around the house!

Goldie--I bought myself a set of essential oils and a diffuser this weekend.Should come around the end of the week or early next week (I chose the cheapest, hence longest shipping method!) that I'm looking forward to playing with. Ah, you and Bentley are both so Wonderful looking!

Jazzy--Ah, the best of both worlds, a Yoga retreat AND your own bed!Taxes, oh, yeah, suppose I need to think of that, too.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the Birthday wishes, cake, drink and party!!

• goldie0827
    edited February 2017

Image result for happy birthday kim

Image result for birthday party for adults

• goldie0827
    edited February 2017

• goldie0827
    edited February 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM.

Bummer you have to work. Did you do anything special over the weekend to celebrate? You just gotta have ice cream on your birthday!

Image result for guys dancing shirtless gif

Image result for guys dancing shirtless gif

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2017

Happy Birthday NM/Kim!

• heidi s
    heidi s Member Posts: 398
    edited February 2017

Happy Birthday, Native! I hope you enjoy YOUR day

• chisandy
    edited February 2017

Have a great birthday, Kim!

• pontiacpeggy
    pontiacpeggy Member Posts: 6,338
    edited February 2017

Happy Birthday, Kim!!!

Being totally bad - had Domino's pizza last night and the leftovers tonight. Along with a big glass of Lambrusco. No pepperoni on it. Decided that the tummy would rebel.

Dara, I decided long ago to live as I choose. I did quit smoking (which I still miss after 18 years) but that was a matter of $$$.

HUGS!

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2017

Hi friends- little late in the day but wanted to pop in and say hi! Been busy catching up on things and getting some to-dos done for the week after the yoga retreat finished up yesterday. Really nice weekend of yoga, yogi fellowship, some time spent in the area down by the river, etc. I was not crazy about the food, and others felt the same so we gave her some good feedback on that. She wants to do something different next time for meals.

Some of you were talking about drinking and bc. Can't remember if I shared my MOs input on this here before (talked about it somewhere on the BCO threads), but the first MO I saw in 2013 during treatment in AZ told me to keep to 2-3 drinks per week max. I was pretty religious about that for a few years, allowed myself more when on trips, etc. I asked my current MO who sees me for my follow ups and he said he does not think it matters that much. We are more focused on me loosing weight which is more of an estrogen concern. I usually drink around social events or on get aways, there are times I don't drink anything for weeks. I am on enough medication that drinking is not the best for me anyways. I will always enjoy a glass of fine wine!

Dara- I am sorry the headaches persist. We talked about some yoga poses for migraines and other types of headaches this weekend. Not sure if you do yoga or are interested, but can send some links on this if you like?

ChiSandy- I am curious how many thin mints are in that box. You are such an amazing food writer. I heard there were people at the beach in Chicago today on the news?

Cami- where is this pain you are experiencing? In your tummy with the C-diff or somewhere else? I am sorry you are not feeling well. You need some mary jane.....

Goldie- that is a lovely photo of you. I hope you are doing okay with all the things you are going through with the meds and your father's passing. I would love to hear some more stories about your dad that are special to you if you want to share?

Were you the one who asked me about my bike? I did pick it up last week and got a ride in before I went off the retreat. It was raining yesterday, cold and windy today but may get out again tomorrow. I LOVE the new bike!

Pontiac- I am SO craving some pizza! I am with you that it is important to enjoy life. Quitting smoking was a huge thing to do and proud of you girlfriend.

NM- I got in to aromatherapy years ago. Been fan of the essential oils although I don't use them as much in the diffuser as I used to. Lavender and tea tree are two of my favs and useful for so many things. I used lavender on my forehead for persistent headaches. Can't wait to hear more when your goodies arrive! I hope you are having a good "birthday season" friend and that your week is going okay to start.

Mema- chicken tortilla soup. Was it good? Recipe you use on the internet?

Hsant- I saw a post awhile back about your dad having a pressure sore. Glad you got on top of that, and we had some challenges with our mom at one point around that. How is he doing? How are you doing?

I think I am missing a few people but that is it for now. Wishing you all a good evening! I am off to get some blood work done tomorrow morning in preparation to see my endocrinologist next week!

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2017

NM, I just found your birthday present. You are welcome.

Wow, just look at that snow......

• chisandy
    edited February 2017

The Polar Plunge was this weekend, ending this morning—the water was still in the mid-30s, but the air temp. was about 60 until the wind turned and the fog rolled in after about 2 pm. We stayed in the low 50s here by the lake. Inland, it hit 70. Some showers are expected in about an hour or two, ending in the morning, with a high of 65—presumably no “lake effect.” Wednesday’s high is forecast at 73. But Saturday will be in the 30s with snow showers, Sunday cold & dry (maybe 38), going back up to the low 40s Monday.

Had a Jovino ’13 Oregon Pinot Noir with my cheeseburger tonight. (Subbed out a salad for the fries). Bob had a short office day down near Midway, so I hung around the restaurant till he got there.

• pontiacpeggy
    pontiacpeggy Member Posts: 6,338
    edited February 2017

Jazzy, thanks. I was surprised when I found it easy to quit cold turkey after 35 years.

HUGS!

• dara_diverse
    edited February 2017

Happy Birthday Kim, sorry I am late! My bad. I hope you had a great day and indulged in something yummy to dwink! I will try to catch up when I am feeling better. I see my dentist tomorrow (well today, it's 3 aye em). I am in so much pain, I initially thought I had a salivary stone in my mouth again but now fear it is a horrible abscess in my gums. I just can't get an FN break! Percocet nor willie is doing much for my pain...I am actually skeered to smoke de willy. I've been taking 600 mg of ibuprofen which gives some relief but I am 'ahurting here. ~scream~ WELL, enough whining! Let's dwink! Yep, we need to sailabrate, it's NM''s birthday week, I think a birthday should be celebrated for the entire month but a minimum of one week since de partay is just starting! Who's in?

Let's partay!

• nativemainer
    edited February 2017

Good Morning, Loungettes!Thank you for all the Birthday wishes!What a partay!I am so blessed to have such caring friends.I had a lovely day at work, with Sadie riding along.

Goldie--What a spread! And you areso clever to bake cake letters to spell my name!!!Love the cupcake dot for the "I".Ooh, M&Ms!Love M&Ms!And look at all the little bite size yummies!And all set up by the pool.You and the Tenders did a great job!Eye Candy, too!Didn't celebrate last weekend, going to celebrate this coming weekend.Going to take myself to Olive Garden, my fav restaurant for lunch before the wine tasting, got a coupon for a free dessert for my birthday to cash in.

Jazzy--Porp puppy, can't steal my cake cuz of the fire!That's ok, I'll put the fire out and share.

Thanks, Hsant, and I did have a nice day.

Chi--thank you!

Peggy--thanks!Ah, pizza, one of the essential food groups!

Jazzy--I've been playing around with aromatherapy for some time, looking to get more into herbology in general and essential oils of good quality are required for internal or topical use, so that was my b-day present for myself. For aromatherapy I really like Bergamot, Lavender, Jasmine, Cedar, Fir and Rose.I love playing with combinations of scents, too.And I have Eucalyptus and Camphor.I'm curious to see how different the good quality oils will compare with the moderately priced ones I've been using.So far at work the week is off to a decent start.We shall see how it goes.

THANK YOU, JAZZY!!!!!Great B-day present!

Chi--I don't often think about fine wine with cheeseburgers, but what a great combo!

Dara--I like "late" b-day wishes, they extend the B-day celebration season!I had a nice double limonchello with my hamburger stroganoff dinner.Scary when I can make a "gourmet" dish without a recipe!So sorry about your pain, the ibuprofen giving some relief hints at inflammation as the cause, I do hope the dentist is able to find and fix the cause ASAP.Having an abscess is not good, but once it's drained the pain goes away, almost like magic.

Princess Leia of Maine's DOTD:

Alien Birth

Ingredients

Directions

Pour Sour Apple and Gin in a shot glass. Drop Grenadine first, then the Irish Cream.

Best served in a Shot Glass.

Alien Birth recipe

• camillegal
    edited February 2017

Mornin' Ladies,

Dara I feel so bad for u, OMG u sound miserable for sure--Why don't u go to the ER--this is just to much--I don't know what to say to help u .I just took 2 pills for pain, one isn't enough any more but I take baby pain pills so I can't imagine if u take perc. and willie how much pain u'r in. U always get strange things---my cousin always says I do--but then I remind her of u'r big ole whole in u'r body--I still talk about that thing. (((Prayers))) and (((Hugs)))

Jazzy u'r so busy whether u'r working or not, but this is a good time for u. Oh my pain is from RA and fibro. according to Drs.??? and it's in my upper legs and one hip mostly and my back which is another whole thing. I do get stomach pain, but it doesn't last long so I really don't pay attention to that much. It's my other stuff (to me) that's not fun.

Sandy the weather here is warmer than where u r, I know but it's fooling nature I think, it has been warm, I feel like we're in for a good snow storm soon.

Pegg pizza is something that most of us can always have, well I don't mean we can actually have it, but we like it. I know when I used to have some parties, my GF would make up some for me (Oh in her rest.) and cut them in small pieces so I would serve it as apps. And no matter how much we had it was all gone.

Joey and I had a laugh fest last nite in his bedtime bedroom and hoping not to wake Marty up. (we didn't) all we were doing is singing Soft Kitty in round an I could not do it, it was so silly, but was fun for us. Well since I don't get out of the house much , that's exciting to me. LOL

OK, I'll check back.

LUBS U ALL

• dara_diverse
    edited February 2017

Thanks for the love Kim and Cam, wish me luck at the dentist- hope it does not cost too much since I have no dental insurance. I am scared! Ok, i am off to the races

• jazzygirl
    edited February 2017

Good morning friends- getting my coffee going on here and going to be heading out for some blood work and other errands this morning. It looks to be a sunny day and reported high will be 70 degrees so I see a bike ride in my future today!

Dara- you are still in so much pain dear. I hope you can get some answers at the dentist. Been going on way too long. Hugs sister.

Cami- so not cancer related but the other stuff. I was a bit worried something more could be going on. I love the laugh fest with Joey and glad Marty was not awakened to scold you. I can see him coming in and saying "okay you too, ENOUGH of that fun you are having!"

NM- do you have good aromatherapy book? I can recommend one I have had for years and just love. Called Aromatherapy by Patricia Davis and includes wonderful write ups on many of the oils you like. I just found it on Amazon, still in publication and$20. I have had my copy since the 1990s and it is a great resource and worth picking up when you have the time. I love that you bought yourself the oils for a birthday gift. Have fun! Glad you liked your b-day gift from me too!

Got some important professional things going on this week. The first is a presentation for a professional organization on Thursday. Doing something from my last project and rehearsed it last night so I could organize the content better and will add one more slide. Will rehearse again today and time myself and tomorrow will be my last polish and rehearse and then we go for it! I know this group well and many of the people there and have not done anything with them for awhile.

I also have a call with my teaming partners to see where we are with getting some next work going together. It has taken months to get this to happen (been working on it since right after I came off of contract) and not sure anything will happen soon enough for me. They have a lead with one client, but not sure they are ready to start yet. I got some other info on the local opp that is making that sound like the better thing to do next. I told the other local firm I would decide on Friday after this call if I want to put in for the other work. Show me the money!

I have writing class tonight (the 3rd of 4) and did manage to get my short story typed up last night. My ending changed from the original draft, but I like it better! I love this class (took it once before) but four weeks feels too short! It has been a wonderful creative time!

Have a good Tuesday!