Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• karentwriter
    karentwriter Member Posts: 113
    edited October 2017

I just saw these for my Walking Dead premiere party....

Ingredients

1/4 cup ice
    1/2 cup orange juice
    1 1/2 ounces black vodka
    1/2 ounce triple sec
    orange wedge, for garnish

Instructions

1. In a cocktail shaker, add orange juice and triple sec over ice. Shake well, and strain into a glass.
    2. Using the back of a spoon, pour black vodka slowly into a glass so that the vodka sits atop the orange juice and triple sec mix.
    3. Carefully dip one edge of the orange wedge into the vodka for a spooky presentation, and sit the wedge on the rim of the glass.

And apparently it's very easy to make your own black vodka as the most popular brand has distribution issues. The recipe for that was interesting. It called for a bottle of vodka, 10 drops blue food coloring, 10 drops red food coloring and 8 drops green food coloring. I wonder why they wouldn't just suggest black food coloring...interesting. Anyhoo, I'm making this and one other shot for the premiere. The shot is simple and generally my cocktail of choice, vodka and cranberry juice.

Ingredients

1 1/2 ounces black vodka, chilled
    1/2 ounces cranberry juice, chilled
    1 cherry, for garnish
    red sugar crystals, for rim

Instructions

1. Fill a small cocktail glass with ice.
    2. Rim glass with red sugar crystals.
    3. Pour cranberry juice over ice, and gently layer black vodka over juice.
    4. Garnish with a cherry.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited October 2017

Cams.... I wish I could say something intelligent.... but ..... you know........  So sorry about Leslie...  But with you being who you are, and putting on a good face, will help her through this....  Just don't talk to much to her about it, unless she asks...  Then only tell her what you think you know, even if you don't...  We don't have to help someone by knowing all the facts, because, you know, we really don't!  Things can change with her...  day by day!  

And even stage 4 gals are living longer every day!  I know they go through hell, trying to beat all that's wrong with them... but every day is a gift for them.....  Now like with you and me.... hell, we could fall off a curb, or get hit by a tree limb, so never mind cancer!   

Just be there for her...  Even if and when you are worried, don't let her know it.... Joey too....  Her family is there to hold her up, even when she is down....  Even though those damn Doc's can't get together on WTH they are talking about, maybe soon, they will come up with a plan...  

You can STILL go there, and quietly beat the crap out of all of them, and TELL them you would like for ONE of them to pretend they know what is going ON !!  And if you need me to come out there, I will!   

Hang in there little Cam....  I'm here for you little one............ xoxo

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2017

Image result for hang in there meme

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,971
    edited October 2017

Oh great Chevy, I can't unsee that now....

Here is a drink that came off Cost Plus World Market web site

https://www.worldmarket.com/blog/recipe/blood-oran...

• jazzygirl
    edited October 2017

Teka- for you!

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,705
    edited October 2017

Hi all, I had my pre-gamma education today and I'm all tapped (port accessed) and ready for tomorrow. I'm not too nervous, just want to get this done.

Camillegal, I'm sorry to read the news about Leslie but I can tell you that even though it feels like the end of the world at first, you can live very well with stage IV. Everyone is different but I've been able to work, have fun and do 5k's during treatment. I strongly recommend staying active, it makes everything easier. ❤️ to Leslie :)

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited October 2017

Didn’t play the video, but the still shot looks like a sea of Cheerios.

Cami, so sorry about Leslie’s plight. Hope Stage III is as far as it gets. Tough to make a case for a malpractice suit, though—because it might have been the same size & stage two years ago. No guarantees, either, that catching it then would have made a difference. But the drs. should have told her about those nodes back then.

Fun morning playing for the seniors (skilled nursing & memory care).

Gonna catch some zzzzs before dinner.

• jazzygirl
    edited October 2017

Good afternoon ladies- trying to get a bunch done to be ready to get out of town tomorrow. Reading up on everybody's updates and a few more things to share here.

Cami- I am so sorry to hear that Leslie's dx may be more advanced than initially shared. I have had my own experiences with things that were found earlier and not followed up on (that later turned out to be cancer). I don't know much about the red devil chemo, but know it is a tough one and hope she is hanging in there. So hard for your family to go through again, and also with it being your DD. Let us know how we can help?

Ill- although I will be off line tomorrow, I will be in your pocket for the surgery you will be having. I hope you will be able to sleep well tonight and rest well afterwards. Zap those ratbastards, as Goldie calls em.

Genny- I know you have your biopsy next week and will be in your pocket too but back on line by Monday before you go in. But in case we don't connect before, will be in your pocket too sister. Praying for good outcomes here as well.

Goldie- I made a mistake about where we stayed, it was actually Maho Bay on St. Johns, not Cinammon Bay but the tents were the same concept. Beautiful beaches and remember seeing my first tropical creatures in that area. Beautiful star fish and conchas, and fish too. As you said, probably all wiped out, although the marine life probably survived, just sloshed around a bit with the hurricane. I hope they can recover. It is a lovely place?

My sister said the fires are now popping up in southern Cali. There was one yesterday that closed the freeway on her way to work, and heard about others.

Hi Karen- welcome to our thread! I am a vodka lover for sure.....

NM- I hope you get your garage door fixed today. Is the dumpster been getting any action lately?

I saw this today and had to share it because of Sadie. Hope you enjoy!

Will be back here by next Monday and wishing you all a good weekend!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited October 2017

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy TGIF day! Lovely, sunny day here so far. Which is good cuz Sadie had a run in with a juvenile skunk last night. I did the magic solution on her face and got rid of 99% of the smell, but she needs a full bath today to get rid of the rest. Not what I had originally planned for today, but hey, could be worse.

My Mom scared the chit outta me yesterday. I got a text that she was in the ER. Fortunately it was right about as the guy got done with the garage doors, so I texted her back and asked her if she wanted me to pick up Dick on my way by (he drives limited distances and only to familiar places lately).Got a text message back that was pure gibberish. Mom has a-fib and is on blood thinners and is at risk for a stroke, so you can imagine what I was thinking. I texted back asking her to try again in English, and she called me. No stroke, she didn't have her reading glasses and couldn't see the letters on the phone well enough to hit the right ones. Dick was already there and she was about to be discharged.She was on her way to her trailer to work on cleaning it out and got light headed and weak feeling, so she stopped at the ER before she got to the trailer where she has no phone coverage. The only thing they found wrong was her blood thinner number wasa bit low, so she was told to take an extra blood thinner and call her doc. She felt fine and was going to go to the trailer and do some cleaning out, Dick was going home, so I stopped and turned around and ran some errands and came home.

I stopped at one of the local orchards and picked up a bag of Honey Crisp apples to make a pie with, was going to do that yesterday, sat down for a minute when I got home and fell asleep! This whole needing a nap at 2 peeyem every day is getting tiresome. I did get up and make some baked ziti for dinner that was really good.

Karen--WOW, that is one spooky looking, interesting drink! Many years ago when I was baking a lot more and using food coloring black wasn't an option for food coloring cuz it would "gray out" and you would have to add blue, green and red to get it back to black. In the long run it was just easier to use the 3 colors anyway, and you could vary the proportions to get a good black no matter what you were mixing it into. Or you could go easier and get a various shades of gray. That shot is pretty crazy looking, too! Something about red and black is very unsettling.

Teka--I picked up a quart of apple cider, time to make Apple cider Mimosas!

Chevy--good words for Cammy, and I'll come and help hold the little buggers whilst Cammy smacks them around!

Ugh!I will never be able to look inside a pumpkin again without seeing this in my mind!!!!!!!

Jazzy--that is an awesome sounding drink, and quite the dispenser for it, too!

Go, donut stackers, go!Did you hear the final result yet?

Illi--we will be in your pocket!So kind of you to be thinking of Leslie right now, too.

Chi--I love seeing the seniors light up during music programs. They can be so much fun when they get up and start dancing!

Jazzy--Garage doors got fixed, sort of. It's a 2 bay garage, one bay I have used for years cuz the cable broke and I couldn't get the door open. That door now works fine, just need to set the motor to the remote. There is a bunch of junk piled up outside that door that is headed for the dumpster next, which is still getting filled once a week. The other bay door is fixed, but the motor was smoking and got hot when we were running it to test it, so that motor is burned out, now unplugged, opening the door manually, but need to lock it to keep it closed and have no idea where the key is. So I am very motivated to get the other bay pile up cleaned out so I can start using that side again. Replacing the motor has gone on the future project list. Too funny seeing that doggy digging on the moon!

Dances with Hornets' DOTD:

Purple People Eater Cocktail

Ingredients

Instructions

1. On a small plate, add purple sugar. Wet the rim of a glass with simple syrup (or cranberry juice or just water) and gently dab the top the glass in the purple sugar, coating the rim. See above video for example. Set glass aside.
    2. Combine vodka, blue curacao, sweet and sour mix, grenadine, and cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until combined.
    3. Fill the sugar-coated glass with ice. Pour purple people eater cocktail mix into glass until full.

Related image

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited October 2017

Morning DahhhLinks,

Cami - 'pole dancing naked in the alley'??? That ED is jes too damn funny. I hope her post put a smile on your face considering all you are going thru with your DD. Yes, she will get thru this as most of the stage 4's have. She has your genes and your good-sense so it's in her makeup to survive. I know this doesn't stop you from worrying but u should try as the stress isn't good for you either. Stay as positive as you can.

My prayers are going out to you both…(((Cami)))

ED - thanks for the laugh…hope your 'face plant' heals soon and that the 'breathe right' strips help you.

Sandy - hope you are enjoying your trip, stay safe. LV is a great place, usually, to celebrate ur dh b-day, hope you both have fun, fun, fun.

Jazz - hoping the pacific northwest pans out, u are such a go-getter. Wish I had your energy.

Karen - 1st time I've seen you on this thread. Those drinks look good and sound good plus easy to make, thanks for sharing.

Illi - U r prolly getting ur 1st chemo today….saying prayers.

NM - that wudda skeered me too. Glad your mom is home now. I am off of my blood thinners until after my biop on Tues. Does Tylenol fit in the blood thinner category?

Dara - have u made a f/up appt yet for ur tummy? I mite of missed seeing ur post if you have. (((Dara)))

Gotta get my ewwa in gear…have a busy day ahead of me….just remember

Lubslubslubslubs to all ya'll

• karentwriter
    edited October 2017

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! And thanks NativeMaine for the information on food coloring. That helps understand the process a lot. I love my vodka cocktails too! They are delicious. I have lots of fun doing the Walking Dead mini parties with fun snacks and drinks on a Sunday night with friends. :)

• illimae
    edited October 2017

Hi there loungettes! I've completed the gamma knife and am home feeling fine. The numbing meds injections into my head and frame tightening caused much crying and cussing this morning but give me anxiety meds and a 1/2 to finish blubbering and I'll be ok. I'll have another scan next month to check on the success of it. As for the rest of me, my single bone met is healing and after my initial chemo, surgery and radiation, no breast cancer is found. It seems the brain lesions were already there but too small to see before, so since this not new progression, no new chemo. Herceptin, Perjeta and tamoxifen are working well on the rest of me.

I hope everyone is well. And boy have I ever earned a cocktail ;)

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited October 2017

illi - you have definitely earned a drink! Is the frame something they use to stabilize your head? It looks incredibly painful - I think you are very brave - gentle hugs and healing thoughts.

• illimae
    edited October 2017

celiac, it's so I don't move my head during gamma knife radiation for newly discovered brain lesions. I feel just fine though, I'm actually out seeing a friends band play tonight, lol

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2017

Wow illimae!  I have never seen one of those before!  Congratulations on the results!  Probably just take it easy for awhile.... Technology has come so far, compared to many years ago!   (I just want to make you smile)

Yes, you NEED a drink...  lots of them!  Just WoW!  Singing

• nativemainer
    edited October 2017

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

6:52 AM

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Saturday!Big wine tasting/wine show this evening, looking forward to that. Another lovely, sunny morning. Need to get more housework done today than I did yesterday, spent most of yesterday doing prep stuff for the start of the teaching job training that begins next week. Took some time this ayem to schedule study time and put it on the calendar so I make sure not to give away too much time to work. Now I need to go back and schedule dumpster filling time, too. Boy, this semi-retired life is busy! I did make an apple pie yesterday, peeled and sliced the apples while watching an introductory video. Wasn't paying attention and peeled and sliced the whole half-peck, so now I need to look up some apple recipes and find something to make that I can take into the Hospice office on Monday. Told them I could work 4 hours on Monday, got a message back asking me if that included driving time, could I go to Bar Harbor and see 4 people? HA! Bar Harbor is 90 minutes there, 90 minutes back to the office, each visit is a MINIMUM of 30 minutes.Add that up, I get 7 hours! Where she got the idea that I could do that in 4 hours is beyond me. So I wrote back that if I went to Bar Harbor I could do 1 or 2 visits, if I went to the town about halfway between the office and Bar Harbor I could do 3 visits, if in the office area I could see 4.She guilted me into seeing 4 at the town half way between.If that ends up taking more than 4 hours, thenI won't work for Hospice at all until after training is over.I need my study time.OK, back now that I've scheduled dumpster filling time for the next 3 weeks, so that doesn't get put off. Sadie is looking at me like I'm a little crazy cuz I've been telling her everything I'm doing and why, and asking her opinion about the best time of day to schedule different things. She keeps forgetting that I know that she is an expert on me from years of training me, and I'll use any expert I have handy!

Mema-- Tylenol is not a blood thinner, so you should be good. Praying for good results on the biopsy.Will be in the pocket with you.

Karen--vodka cocktails are fun! So are champagne cocktails, and rum cocktails, and, well, you get the idea! I bet your parties are a blast.

Illi--oh my dear LORD, that looks like a medieval torture device!I would have been doing some serious crying and cussing having that attached. How long did you have to have it on? You certainly have earned a cocktail, or three! I cannot imagine having that on the morning and being out socializing that evening, but good for you! And I'm glad the lesions aren't new, it's bad enough they are there at all, but if the chemo is working on the rest then that plus the gamma knife should work on those.

Image result for Frankenstein drink recipe

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited October 2017

So sweet of you ED. We are all here for Cami and her daughter.

My DD just sent me a text the other day that she was at a clinic. And I'm like what for? What's wrong. Well she has what she thinks is a bug bite on one of her nipples and was messing with it and thinks she caused it to get infected. They gave her antibiotics and if that doesn't clear it up they will do an MRI. I'm worried sick, but trying so hard to not worry about the unknown.

Jazzy, lol on the donut tower and it looks like they did it in an airport. But my question is "WHY". As for the biopsy, it's Sue, not Genny. I had to read that twice and wondered how you knew that about Genny. As for St. John, they will recover, it will just take a long time. LOL, "is the dumpster getting any action". My step daughter and her family are in the San Diego area, haven't heard of any fires in that part of the state.

Teka, lots of donuts there for you to have with the apple cider mimosa's!

NM, poor Sadie. I remember her getting hit with a skunk before, am I right? Glad your mom is ok. My mom also has a-fib and landed back in the hospital Thursday. Told my brother, from a test they did on lungs, that she has master bater!!!!! That purple people eater is almost too pretty to drink. I still can't get over how much you are getting done. You go girl! And hospice is always trying to get the most and then some out of you.

Illona, was that halo painful? I can't hardly look at it. But so glad you are doing so well. Have that cocktail girl!

Karen, welcome to our lounge and thanks for the cocktail. Not a WD fan, but sounds like you all have fun with the parties. Tell us a little more about yourself.

Sue, thinking and praying for you. How areyou holding up?

Long day yesterday, gone for 12 hours. All went well with DH's doc appt for RA, I really like this new doctor. Dr. Who, actually it's Dr. Hu. Then went to Verizon, been having problems with my phone and thought it was just my battery pack cover making it hot, so ordered a new one. That wasn't the problem. So got a new iPhone 7. I like it! Then to Sam's club, then out to eat, all you can eat fish, another grocery store stop and HOME. Left at 6 am and got home at 6 pm.

Sharing a picture of my DD (on the right) and one of her HS friends, who is the daughter of one of my best friends that l lost many years ago at the young age of 39. My gosh, I can't believe it's been so long. Her dd is getting close to that age. The girls are 34.

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited October 2017

Morning DahhhLinks,

Illi - OMG, that contraption does look painful. I too would have screamed, yelled, cussed, cried.

When I had my brain radiation the molded this white face mask to my head and then locked me in place so I couldn't move. I had to get 15 rad treatments, that was in 2014, only s/e was fatigue and of course loosing my hair a 2nd time. My hair still hasn't filled in. Been using Rogain and it is helping, but it is taking a long long time. Anyway, sounds like you pulled thru like the trooper you are. You sound like you are doing OK. WooHoo am so happy for you hope you enjoyed your evening out and of course had a few cocktails!!!

NM - I can't believe they are still asking sooo much of you. Glad you tried to stick to your guns. I am soo proud of you for your clean-up. Wish I could find the energy to do the same. LOL over peeling the whole bunch of apples. Maybe an apple upside down cake, easy if you have a white or yellow cake mix. Thanks for the info on Tylenol, I did look it up but did not find the answer. And thanks for making plans to be in the pocket with me. That DOTD looks and sounds awesome.

Lowee - dang, am going to say lots of prayers that DD's prob is just an infected bug bite. Your mom is having a time again. What is a master bater? Or did your mom just misunderstand the docs?

I am not looking forward to my biopsy except to get answers

I finally got a call back from my MO, have a f/up on Halloween day. Now I'm not usually superstitious but the idea does kinda freak me out. So glad things went well for your DH and hope he continues to do OK. WOW you sure did have a busy day. Glad to hear u like the iPhone. Been thinking about upgrading but I hate changes. Old age mese tinks. DH and I are letting our puter-guru upgrade our puters to Microsoft 10. I am already stressing over that too. Just LOVE that pic of your beautiful DD and her friend, thanks for sharing.

LUBSLUBSLUBS

• goldie0827
    edited October 2017

Sue, I know how skeered you must be. I know I would be. But I get scared every 6 weeks when I have to do labs. Misunderstanding on mom's part. I tried to look up lung problems to see if one sounded similar to master bater. Came up with aspergillosis, not sure if that is it or not. She won't know anything until doc comes in. Also told her she had heart valve blockage.

• karentwriter
    edited October 2017

Well besides this computer freezing up on me and losing everything I just wrote, I will also have a hard time keeping up you awesome ladies.

illimae - hugs your way. That looks painful and scary, but I'm so happy you are out and about and the bone mets are looking good, from what I read. (unless I misunderstood)

NM - Thank you for the new recipe. Looks awesome. I love coming up with new fun cocktails and appetizers if I can for special holidays and events. Last year was my first year ever cooking an entire Thanksgiving meal...for just me and my fiance. lol! Lots of leftovers.

Good luck with your very busy Saturday. I'm trying to remain as lazy as possible. :)

Goldie - Walking Dead is so awesome! Addicted since season 1 and now I run a pool. We morbidly bet on the characters that will not make it through the epidosde. I'm also 39 with an almost 5 year old. Getting married in May - with hopefully a wonderful wig as chemo starts in a couple of weeks.

I work full time in 401(k) retirement plans and I'm a newish writer - please don't base my talent level on anything written here. :) I have a 14 year old brother - my mom had him with my step dad when she was 48...good grief. I won't be doing that. And I will have to share pictures of the parties I have hosted in the past with fun drinks...give me a moment or two and I will share some of the blasts from the past. I want to make these skeleton pizza things, but the pans that are skull shaped...$70! No way in you know where will I spend that on baking pans.

Good luck with your daughter! I hope everything is just fine.

Okay have to do a little writing and then I will be back to share some party pics. :D

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2017

You guys, I can't keep track of anybody!  But your Daughter's bug bite?  Man, I remember when my one Daughter was little, and SHE had this ingrown-hair... ( I think)  and you know where...  so I sterilized a needle, and lanced it,  and it hurt her so bad, but got a lot of stuff out...  she was mortified, .....  But we did it....  

So maybe it is something like that?  I mean like maybe a milk-duct something or other???   I know how afraid you must be...  And a hot phone?  Only Cammi would know about THAT one....  

My same Daughter... the youngest one, kept having that problem...  It wasn't her conversations either, so she said!  But yes, she did have to take it in, and exchange it..... Lucky those phones didn't catch on fire!!

I can only imagine what Cammi's phone does....  she used to talk about her "job" and her phone ....  "stuff"....  Cammi probably has her phone programed to do all sorts of things....  hmmmmmmmm.....  ED

• karentwriter
    edited October 2017

Okay as promised...whether or not wanted (ha ha ) some of the party fixings for Walking Dead get togethers. :)

• karentwriter
    edited October 2017

• karentwriter
    edited October 2017

• illimae
    edited October 2017

Very cool Karen, I host a Sunday night watch party too. It's usually two couples plus DH and me and we watch Game of Thones, American Horror Story, Preacher and The Walking Dead depending on the time of year.

I may have DH cook up some fajitas next Sunday while I whip up a batch of frozen Margarita's :)

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2017

Oh WTH???  I tried posting a cute cartoon that was on Cammi's FB page, and that I copied, but it sure wouldn't post on here.

It was ...  "I think adults should be able to go trick or treating to the liquor store, and get those little bottles of liquor as treats!".... (or something like that)  Loopy 

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2017

Image result for I think adults should be able to trick or treat at the liquor store

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2017

You guys!  I tried making it smaller, but all I did was make it the size of my front-room!!!  Sorry!

• goldie0827
    edited October 2017
    Karen that is so not fare, to get cancer at such a young age. Congrats on the wedding in May. OMG, I couldn't imagine having a child at such an older age. If I had a child at 48, I would have an 11 year old! No tanka ewe. Iffin you stick around, we will be with you during your chemo. We are a pretty fun group, but when things get tuff, we are there for one another. $70.00 for a pan? What on earth does a $70.00 pan look like?ED, you are keeping up just fine! And we know how hard Cami works with that "phone". No worries about the big pictures. Easier for us to see! Ima liking that kind of trick or treating.For Karen, DOTD (Drink of the Day)WHITE WALKERFill a tall glass with ice.
    Pour white chocolate liqueur halfway up the glass.
    Fill the rest of the glass up with vanilla cream soda.
    Slowly and gently pour a spoonful of blue curaçao over the top (drink should look layered: light blue on top with white below).
  • nativemainer
    edited October 2017

Good Morning, Loungettes! I had a fun time at the Bangor Uncorked wine tasting event. This is the 3rd or 4th year it's been held. They had wines from all over the world to taste, and many local ones, too. One of the local wine shops was taking orders, they are going to make out big time. There were also a bunch of different vendors there selling everything from Adult Party Items to clothes, jewelry, Sleep Number beds, exercise equipment, lawn andyard items, candy, you name it. They had people there making little nibbly foods that were very, very good, and a big cheese spread in the VIP Lounge. Yes, I bought a VIP ticket so I could get in an hour earlier. Good thing, too, cuz once the general admission started it got VERY crowded, very fast. I met a couple of friends there, we chatted and roamed and tasted for acouple of hours. There was even a pretty nice little band, although I thought it was too loud. There was a group doing breathalyzer testing, just for fun I stopped by on my way out, I blew a 0.02.All the little tastings only added up to about one glass, apparently. Not that I minded, the whole idea was to taste some new/different wines, which I got to do.

Got the dumpster filled again yesterday before the wine tasting. I'm clearing out the pile of junk in front of that second bay door so that I can be using the motor and the remote to get in and out come winter weather time. Got a lot of stuff cleaned away, but what is left is old wood, an old couch, fencing wire and stuff like that. Going to take some work to move since it's been there for years and the grass has grown up through some of it! Well, needs to be done, now is as good a time as any and a little work won't hurt me any!

Sadie says Hi to everyone!

Goldie--Yikes, I can imagine how worried you are about your DD. Anyone would be. Praying it is just a bug bite and infection and clears up quickly. I thought that donut pile was being done in an airport, and "why?" is a very good question. Of all places to do something like that! Yeah, Sadie's gotten skunked at least one other time, maybe a couple. It's something that happens when you have dogs and live in the country. Fortunately there's a recipe of vinegar, baking soda, water and dish soap that is very effective on the smell and quick and easy to mix up.Your Mom has master bater???? I am shaking my head trying to figure out what was said that was misheard that way! Yeah, Hospice is always trying to get as much as possible out of me, it's building up my saying "No" muscles, though. You really did have a long day, didn't you? But a very productive one from the sounds. Glad the new doc is a good one. Pretty young women!

Mema--Hospice is still asking for a lot from everyone, and lots of staff seem to be thriving on it.I guess it's just me that couldn't keep up anymore. And that's ok. I hadn't thought of an upside down cake, that's a great idea! Having a follow up appointment on Halloween would probably freak me out, too. Not an auspicious day for such things. I just updated my yahoo mail to the new version and am grumbling to myself about that.Why all these changes all the time?Things were working just fine the way they were and I was used to it and liked the way it looked!Of course, I said the very same things the last time the mail updated, too, so, I guess I'll adapt, eventually.

Goldie--it will be very interesting to find out what the doc is actually saying. Hoping the heart valve blockage isn't serious.

Karen--balking computers are not fun! Leftovers are a big part of the fun of big Thanksgiving meals. I'm a big fan of the Day After Thanksgiving sandwich--bread, turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, mashed potato instead of a top slice of bread, smothered in gravy--ah, yum!And getting out the big stock pot and boiling all the little scrids of meat off the turkey carcass and canningthe stock and making turkey rice soup with the scrids. Someday the skull shaped baking pans will come out in silicone, those are a lot cheaper. I wouldn't spent that much on a baking pan I'd likely only use once a year, either!

Chevy--OUCH! Just thinking bout that hurts! But I remember my mom doing that with splinters and stuff, and, as you said, it had to be done, so we got through it. Phone fires seem to be more common these days, probably because the phones are so prevalent. Not something anyone needs, though!

Karen--WOW!Pretty inventive! And kinda scary, too!

Ille--frozen margaritas sound yummy, especially with fajitas.

Chevy--LOL!!

Halloween Candy Corn Jell-O® Shots

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups boiling water, divided
    • 1 (3 ounce) package lemon-flavored gelatin mix (such as Jell-O®)
    • 2 cups vodka, divided
    • ice cubes
    • 1 (3 ounce) package orange-flavored gelatin mix (such as Jell-O®)
    • 2 tablespoons warm water
    • 1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
    • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
    • 1/2 cup light rum

Directions

1. Pour 3/4 cup boiling water into a small bowl. Add lemon gelatin mix; stir until dissolved. Pour 1 cup vodka into a glass measuring cup; add enough ice to make 1 1/4 cup. Stir into lemon gelatin until slightly thickened; remove any unmelted ice. Fill tall shot glasses 1/3 of the way with lemon gelatin mixture.
    2. Refrigerate until lemon gelatin layer is set, at least 90 minutes.
    3. Pour remaining 3/4 cup boiling water into the small bowl. Add orange gelatin mix; stir until dissolved. Pour remaining 1 cup vodka into a glass measuring cup; add enough ice to make 1 1/4 cup. Stir into orange gelatin until slightly thickened; remove any unmelted ice. Pour over lemon gelatin layer.
    4. Refrigerate until orange gelatin layer is set, at least 90 minutes.
    5. Pour 2 tablespoons warm water into a bowl. Add unflavored gelatin; stir until dissolved. Stir in condensed milk and rum. Pour over orange gelatin layer.
    6. Refrigerate until top layer is set, at least 30 minutes.