Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited May 2020

Oh, Dorothy, so sorry you have to be jerked around like this! (And though it may seem like it, you are not alone--Bob couldn't get tested for either coronavirus or antibodies because he's asymptomatic--and he's a doctor, ferpity's sake). I hope your second test turns out ok. Meanwhile, bottoms up--you're entitled.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,608
    edited May 2020

Jazz - thanks for sharing - I love James Taylor. I thought the best concert I ever saw was Paul McCartney in 2005. But a few years ago (don't remember how many), I saw Sir Paul again and the next night Carol King and James Taylor. Now they were the absolutely the best concert I ever saw!!! So much electricity in their performance.

Dorothy - your plate is beyond over flowing. I sure hope you can get the test and surgery scheduled sooner than later. Its more than enough already for you. Sending gentle hugs from Denver.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2020

Cute Kitten GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,910
    edited May 2020

Good morning, Loungettes!Happy thirsty Thursday! Well, my meeting with the Director took a turn I've been kind of expecting. As part of the ongoing restructuring and in response to some changes that the nursing home has made my position is being changed to part time at 24 hours per week. Now, before anyone gets upset, I want everyone to know that I am NOT upset at the news. Yes, I'm going to miss the full time paycheck, but fewer hours will be a better balance for me, and I can pick up hours by picking up shifts any time I want to. For the last few weeks I've been thinking about making an appointment with a financial planner to see how close I am to being able to retire, so this change is actually welcome.And Cammy Cat knows me too well, I also agreed to work nights for 2 more weeks. All 8 hour shifts, no 12s. But that gives the Director a time buffer to figure out staffing for the new isolation unit before we start getting admissions again. Under the new rules, people newly admitted to the nursing home have to be kept away from the established residents for 14 days in a separate area with a separate staff. Andyes, I was offered a full time charge nurse position on the new unit, but those are 12 hour shifts and I do not want to work 12 hour shifts. I had a long talk with Sadie about all this yesterday and her response was that now I'll have more chances to take her swimming this summer! Gotta love having a pragmatic doggo in the house!

Goldie--Housework never does end, does it? And now business stuff to play ketchup with, so not fair!It's good to hear that theneighbor has family there to help now, but not so good to hear about them not taking the pandemic precautions seriously. I am working tonight and Friday night, then off until Tuesday, working regular day shift, education stuff Tues and Wed, then overnight Friday.Then 4 more shifts and done with night work on June 6th.No, I didn't have a meeting after working all night, my Director doesn't do that to people. And I didn't do so well with the saying "no" after all, did I?

Misty--Our government is very good at setting up rules and regulations that are hard to meet and create a lot of work for people with very little benefit to anyone. I hope your sister's surgery goes well and she recovers completely. It must have been hard to sell the boat, but now it's going to be used and loved again. It's funny how there's so often someone in a family that thinks a particular item is theirs and get mad when they find out it isn't. I'm hoping the Wednesday, Women and Wine group can get together soon, too, but expect it will be fall before that will happen.

Jazzy--thanks for the clip!

Good morning, Misty, Minus!

Chi--oh my goodness, that electrical project is turning into a huge project! Must have been fun doing all that clothes shopping. Good for you!

Dara--{{{{{hugs}}}}} So not fair to you for all this to be going on and still having more complications finding you. I'd be a wreck if I were in your shoes.

Frustration Drink

1 oz cherry liqueur

3 oz pineapple juice

3 oz sour mix

1 oz triple sec

1 oz citron vodka

Mix cherry brandy, triple sec, & Citron in shaker with ice. Then add 50/50 pinapple juice and sour mix then splash of orange juice. Shake then pour in a 16 oz glass with ice. Last rim with Grenadine...drink. In a while all your FRUSTRATIONS are washed away

From <http://www.idrink.com/v.html?id=39254>

• camillegal
    edited May 2020

Mornin ladies,

Holy Chit Dara this is recockulous for u. U have been gearing up and ready for a while now. I'm so sorry there is more waiting and thinking. Gee u got a voucher for all this. Oh so upsetting I hope when u went home u and Jack had a good time, u need it badly. Oh I'm so sorry, but one bright thing Lori called u Wacko, I luv it. I guess they have to double check everything now, I don't get it but it might be for the best.

Oh Illi ur going thru the ringer with this. I'm so sorry this is happening.

JC hot tub sounds so so good. U must really enjoy it, that would be so relaxing. U' better get good use out of it.

Jazzy James Taylor, his voice is so relaxing, love listening to him. Now u understand more about ur neighbor. But u still have to get rid of ur meeses ASAP, don't like those critters making themselves comfortable by you. That's nice of ur other neighbor to help out. Ur getting a lot done.

Lori there must be loads of a shipment coming in for u to be so busy. U'll be so tired at the end of all this, u' better rest really good. Oh look who I'm talking to ur another one that doesn't stop.Oh Joey;s card was all printed, they don't teach penmanship anymore, just printing. I don't get it..

Sandy it must be good to see ur HK back, not only help but someone to talk to. Yea we're getting more rain, so many places are flooded now this is really bad. And all the electric work that has to be done WOW it's a chitload for him. Some of these jobs are really difficult for these men but somehow they get it done.

Kim for some reason I feel like ur going to cave into something. U'd better not. Now u'll have Dara on ur back too. HaHaHa. But she is nicer than I am.

Misty I'm sure ur grandson will be fine about the boat. His dad has one so it'll be all right.

Hey Teka

Oh everything I hear on TV or read seems like summer will be cancelled. Not the weather but everything else summer brings. It's so sad. Les is going to get some decorations for the yardd for Joey's BD, June 10th <16> so a few family and friends can drive by at least. Better than nothing. Jodie wanted to do that for me and I told her if she did that one of her legs would be broken. I've always been a good mom. But being 16 is so different, yea I can feel it.

Hope today is decent and Dara I can't get over what ur going thru.

LUBS U ALL

• camillegal
    edited May 2020

Hendricks Gin Cocktail Recipes (With images) | Gin cocktails, Gin ...

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,972
    edited May 2020

Hi friends- just a quick pop in before I get on a training webinar. The work on the mouse stuff is done. Bait traps out, entry points to the house got sealed up yesterday. Now I am preparing for the washer delivery on Sat. Clean clothes once again! There will be many loads of laundry this weekend.

Dara- I am so sorry your plans were thwarted to have the surgery yesterday. I know you have to get your head in a place to be ready for this stuff. Hopefully you can get on the schedule again soon.

NM- I think you going to part time is great news and know with your house being paid off, you are in a good place with things. Be sure you won't loose your benefits with the drop though, some places pay benefits even for part time workers. I think a visit with the retirement planner is a good move too. My perfect work schedule has always been between 25-30 hours a week. Allows for better work life balance.

Chi- that is crazy Bob can get tested.

I heard of two people yesterday in group living situations that touch my community that have lost their lives to Covid. One was a good friend's uncle who has been in a nursing home since end of last year with a failing heart. Another was a relative of a cousin's daughter's family that was in rehab recovering from heart surgery and it took him too. People who either can't have services or doing something on line. Covid is a cruel disease, like so many.

To the ones PM-ing me, will be in touch soon!

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited May 2020

Misty, sorry about things at work and that is kinda cute about the grandson wanting the boat. And a year and a half has gone by fast for sure. Wishing your sister all the best and praying it's NOT cancer. Yep, things aren't too different for us. We live on 80 acres off the grid. We usually shopped every week, now it's every 3.

OMG Dorothy, like you said "only you". And now you have to do that horrid test yet again. I am so sorry. They should have known they wouldn't get all the results needed in time for your surgery. I hope you can get rested up.

NM, working nights for another 2 weeks, at least you should be acustomed to the new sleep schedule. And glad you like the new 24 hour work week. I'll let Cami ride you about not sayiing "no"....LOL.

Cami, yes we are busy right now, but it will slow down. I want to go camping so bad! I print everything and so does my DH. And mine is not pretty or nice or anything! DH's printing is very nice and pretty. I can't believe Joey is going to be 16. All of our little ones are growning so fast.

Jazzy, I bet you are excited about getting the new washer. I don't mind doing laundry. The thing I hate doing is putting dishes away. I wash by hand and put them in the dishwaser to drain and dry and put away when I feel like it. Sorry to hear of those that lost their lives to Covid.

JCS, I'm supposed to get my wind spinner tomorrow!

Nothing on my end to report, just like the movie Ground Hogs Day! Maybe groceries tomorrow. Was 3 weeks Wednesday the last time we went.

No photo description available.

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
    edited May 2020

goldie, love the poster! I told my DH I was tempted to wear a sign that says "I'm wearing a mask to protect YOU. Please do the same for me".

• chisandy
    edited May 2020

Lori, I'm gonna steal that meme for a T-shirt next time I go out walking!

Cami, love your new avatar pic. OMG, Joey is growing up so fast (that's him, right?)! I see football in his future.

I wish I could say clothes-shopping was fun, but all I did was go to Amazon and type "women's skinny jeans" and "women's Bermuda shorts" (tan, moss green) into the search box--and clicked on size 10. Black, indigo, medium wash. (In case they don't fit, Old Navy has women's jeans for $12). As for the tees, I went to Bombas.com and just chose the colors of V-necks I wanted in size M. (The three I currently have are XL). I am going to have to assiduously go through my current clothes and winnow out the XLs, 12s and a 14 or two. I am also on the tightest hook of most of my size 36 bras. But no more new ones--from what I'm reading, by wearing a bra--period--I am an outlier among those sheltering in place.

Heard from my PCP's PA today--he is not yet out of the woods, but seems to be turning a corner. Vitals stable, chest x-ray improving; but has a secondary infection from intubation. But it's not a resistant bacterium, so they hope to control it with antibiotics. Not sure if he's been extubated and conscious yet.

Electrician & HK putting their heads together re: "plan B." He was supposed to come in at 3, but the plumber fixing his house's sump pump was being a jerk. Hoping he can get this done tomorrow (and Sat. before the evening storms at the latest).

DOTD: La Galope rosé.

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited May 2020

It's me again my wonderful bresties. All of my travels have been cancelled due to this virus. It's crazy and my dh thinks it will be with us thoughout the year and even next year. He ,moved our freezer from the garage into the spare bedroom. Like I said, he expects this to go on for months. My son came to visit Sunday with Sofia. She is 9 mos now and walking around a lot. Both dh and I wore masks while they were here. I have also been riding the incumbent bike at least 3 days a week, I already feel stronger and rarely use the walking stick as I'm not too dizzy most the time now...YAY!

OK gotta sign off now...still praying for all ya'll and of course I

LUBSLUBSLUBS everyone.

• nativemainer
    edited May 2020

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy TGIF day! Last night was a pleasant night shift. It's going to be beautiful here today, sunny, 85 degrees. I got some mowing done in the dog yard yesterday, going to work on it some more later today and over the weekend. I am so glad I bought a cordless electric lawn mower this last time, finally I have a mower I can start at the beginning of the season! And I like that it's quieter, so I can listen to audiobooks while mowing, makes it less boring. Sadie isn't sure what to think of the thing, it looks like a mower to be chased and barked at, but doesn't make the noise of one. She got some exercise along with me, and we found several of her toys that are still good to play with, but will be living outside until they get a chance to get washed and get the moldy smell out of them!

Cammy Cat--yeah, I caved in and agreed to 2 more weeks of night shift work, but that means that I will be changing to part time but will still have my health insurance until the end of June, so that buys me time to really research what I'm going to do about that.

Ooh, that Pink Victrola sounds VERY YUMMY!!!!

Jazzy--Hooray for getting the house demoused! The new washer will be a luxury that you will enjoy, I'm sure. I am going to lose benefits, the nursing home doesn't give benes to part timers, and the HR person is gathering info about health insurance sources other than the Marketplace. I'm actually leaning toward going without, it irks me to be paying a premium and still paying 100% of the costs cuz I don't make the deductible, and even then there is still co-insurance. If I go uninsured I can negotiate fees and my Health Savings Account is pretty healthy again now. I may just put money into that instead. COVID is a very cruel disease, and is changing the way nursing home care is done in ways that are not going to be well liked by the public. I finally found the Nursing Home reopening guidelines, it's 3 phases, minimum of 14 days each, and whenever a resident has a positive test everything is reset back to where we are now and it starts over again. Knowing the virus will eventually get into every Nursing Home in the country I can see nursing homes closing down for lack of staff, supplies and funds as people won't agree to go to them for rehab care, or go there and not be allowed to visit with family members for a month or more at a time. There's been a conspiracy theory floating around for a few years that the government wants to shut down all nursing homes, and it's beginning to feel less like a conspiracy theory and more like an actual process. I hope I'm wrong.

Goldie--It seems like a good time for a change in the whole work thing, moving more toward retirement. I've got to get some input from a financial adviser, though, to get myself edumacated and really figure out where I am in that regard. The anti-maskers are self-centered egotists I've decided. Only care about their own comfort and don't give a crap about anybody else. So much of what is wrong in society seems to come down to people not giving a d@## about anybody but themselves.

Good idea, Beaver!

Chi--glad to hear your PCP is doing better! That is very good news.Hope the electrical Plan B works out well!

Mema--so good you had a visit with the grandbabies. They are babies for so short a time. And good for you with exercise bike, too!

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited May 2020

gOOD mORNING gOILS ~ been up all night a dwinking mese JD and sailabrating not being de hospital. But Seriously...I am still tearing my house apart and beautifying everyting so that it is a pleasant place to recover when I'm sprung. I've washed my windows and even cleaned the wood trim and ceiling fans too, ick. Did the microwave and organized stuff I just put in my attic. I am awaiting a call from my surgeons office, yesterday I spoke with the gal who schedules surgery an d she is awaiting confirmation from doctor # 2 that he can be available for surgery on Wednesday. If that gets set up today, I do the Covid-19 retest on Sunday, not so funday (bcuz of this Shocked chit!)!!

NM, some things never change, it's awesome seeing your post as the first of the day! Yeah, now and then someone beats ya into de lounge, but you are still predictable here and mese lubs dat! I'm happy to hear you are cutting your work hours to part time but do I believe it?? HMMMM! It seems that the nursing home where you work does not have Covid? I hope and pray that you stay safe!

Mema!! So nice to see you bisit de lounge. Hope you poop in again soonliest, have a seat on de barstool next to mines and dwink together, yep, that would be divine! How's my gal?

Lori, don't work too hard, I know dis is yo biddy time of year and that you like to do it ALL alone? Hope you have help. Glad you talked to LucyLou yesterday cuz she called me last night and wese got dwunk til she passed out. True story! Hope you can get out to camp soonliest!

Jazzy, tanks for sharing The original JT, love his music and his sound. Hope all the work you've done to be rid of those pesky mice pays off and you never see another in your home. I'd be skeered to sit down with them running about. I'd guess you were on edge when they visited? Or maybe not...inquiring minds wonder ?? You are so right about Covid, it IS mean. And no one is safe. I am skeered of it very much so.

Misty, sorry that you loss your husband. You've had to share between your loss and getting BC.

Camille, don't tell me that Joey will be 16 soon?? NOOOO! Wow. I am glad that he will have a parade go by to celebrate him! And the avatar pic, gosh, he is so tall. And you are not so tall hehe! Great photo, send my love to your family. And thanks for your support, goes for de other goils too, appreciate ye all being here or dere for widdle ole mese!

Hi Teka, Karen, Teka, Sandy and GoooodnessGollyWillikers, who am I missing? Rounds for all, itime to start this partay, yippeeee!!

cHeerS ! ! ! ! !

Weekend Happenings in Montco

• camillegal
    edited May 2020

kitty cat LOL funny cute quote text quotes funny gif cats kitten ...

• camillegal
    edited May 2020

Mornin' ladies,

Well, well, well, KIM I think I predicted this situation, but I'm not going to say I told u so, even tho I told u so. And I like the way u filibuster around it, u've become an expert in avoiding the obvious But alas my darling I'm not saying anything as u've no doubt notice, not one word about u taking on a shift, tho less hrs and more quiet u still said yes. But Im not judging you, how can I. U r ur own boss an my knowing u would cave is all I need. I hope Sadie gets used to this whole new world that u dragged her into. I know u thought I'd express my opinion but as u can see I didn't, or did I.<i love teasing you> Really, just get enough rest when u can.

Lori ur right, it is like Ground Hog Day, I knew this reminded me of something and that's it. That was a cute movie, but wouldn't keep on watching it over and over again, like we're living.. Oh well time will tell.

Beaver we should all wear a t-shirt like that. My DD does go out on occasion to drive up places, bank, meds etc. but wears her garb.

Sandy thin gs sound better for ur Dr. hope it keeps on going better.

well Dara has to wait again, it's always something. Jeez what she's going thru.

OK I broke down and went on FB but I decided to look just at fun and beauty. And Jazzy U supply so much beauty on there, so appreciated believe me. Wait I was not the beauty, but the fun part.I have to tell u why I put a recent pic. up . My GF in CA bet me 1,000,000.00 monopoly bucks I wouldn't. LOL So now she has to pay up.

OK since it's ground hog day there's not much to say.

LUBS U ALL

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited May 2020

Hello There,

Im so happy to see so many familiar faces..I've missed you all. Had the pleasure of speaking to Ms. Lori last night and our dear Dara. It was nice to catch up.

So what's every one's "new normal" looking like?

Like Cami mentioned its like Ground Hog Day! Has anyone heard from Stella? Im sure she is up to some kind of shenanigans.

Well, this summer is going to look a lot different than anticipated. Should be on a plane right now to NY to bury my DD but of course that is now postponed until next year. He will have to stay in the closet in his cozy box for a while longer. Were supposed to get married (yes Donese) in June...now next year and cruise on July 4th...cancelled and refunded. Oye Vey!

Im looking forward to hearing whats up from everyone.

TTFN

• chisandy
    edited May 2020

Well, it looks like Plan B is working out for the garage power-line conduit--the electrician was able to drill through the basement and shed walls and snake the piping out the shed. He says he'll be working most of tomorrow to stay ahead of the storms forecast for the evening--off and on all week, but nothing like we had last weekend. Nevertheless, we have disposable litterboxes (pre-loaded) at the ready, as well as moved some of the kibble upstairs into plastic bins, just in case. I won't have to worry about laundry--my HK will be back Tuesday. Bob is working the hospitals this weekend, and staying at the hotel overnight tomorrow. So I will be able to sleep with earbuds & brown-noise-generator app to drown out the pulsatile tinnitus, instead of the earplugs that drown out the snoring but amplify the pulsing.

Kim, a nursing home horror story from the Chi. suburbs: one of Bob's colleagues has a DD who is a speech therapy at a nursing home that is part of the "Symphony" chain (basically a COVID culture dish). The nurses there have been told to share their N95 masks!!! Meanwhile, back in the city, my voice teacher's wife is in agony, rehabbing at home from her open reduction/internal fixation/talofibular ligament debridement surgery. They kept her in the hospital overnight. One night. And she is grateful, as the neighborhood surrounding the closest hospital (where the CFD EMS took her) is a Latinx COVID hotspot. In healthier times, she'd have stayed at least a few days at a rehab center (my in-patient rehabs after my own ORIF tibial plateau and R & L knee replacements surgeries were 10-14 days)--but all congregate living facilities here now are deathtraps, for staff as well as patients. She can't have a visiting P.T. (they're at a premium now, in hospitals rehabbing surviving COVID patients who need to learn to walk all over again from being deconditioned after days in medically-induced comas), so she has to resort to clinic YouTube videos for rehab exercises.

DOTD: With leftover roast chicken (shrimp pasta for Bob), Domaine Collin bubbly.

• camillegal
    edited May 2020

Cutest Cat gif ever. (With images) | Cute cat gif, Cute cats, Cute ...

• camillegal
    edited May 2020

Mornin' ladies,

Cyn IT'S GREAT TO SEE U HERE...I've missed you. I know the newbies might not know you, but let me say ur life is so colorful and summer being cancelled is chit for you. U always put joy in every minute of ur life. But I'm confused <as usual> did someone die???> Please clear this up for me. Don't be such a stranger.

Dara only you a song that belongs to you. On the wait list again is torture to me, just make sure ur "supply" never runs low.

Cyn I''m doing the same thing as I used to sitting in my room taking phone calls and that's about it. BUT I have noticed a little change whenever I have to text the main guy now I always start with "I"M SORRY" of course meaning I screwed up and it's followed by Please don't get upset. My usual opening.So that's changed.

See Kim Dara knows u all to well too. We're watching you.

Who said Friday, all the days are Friday now.

Sandy u do sound happy about ur HK being back and I don't blame you. What a relief for you. Maybe she can help easing ur worries about Bob.

Jazzy again keep those pics. coming on FB, they're a joy especially after all the political chit that's on there, which I've decided not to read.

Oh Marty's cousin said she'd cut my toenails but needs his sander, I don't know about this.

Wishing everyone a decent day.

LUBS U ALL

• camillegal
    edited May 2020

Maui Cocktail Drink Recipes

• goldie0827
    edited May 2020

Well, I think we are all on the same page about the masks and keeping everyone safe. Unless there are some that don't think that and are just keeping quiet!

Sandy, good news on your pcp.

Sue, why move the freezer? Too hot in the garage for the summer? I think things could be bad for a long time, because they are starting to open things up. Starting that second wave, which could be worse than the first! Glad you got to see your son and sweet Sophie.

NM, you and Cami just keep me laffing over your work. I hope you are able to get the insurance figured out. You have a ways before you qualify for Medicare or Medicaid. I get the 2 mixed up and don't know the difference. Very very scary to think the virus will get into every nursing home and then having them all shut down.

Wacko, so sorry you have to that dreaded test yet again. Why can't they use the results from the first one. Cuz you might have contracted the virus since? I sure hope all goes well and you can get that surgery. Actually I'm having to do MORE work, as my DH is having back issues. We are waiting to see if he can get surgery. Yeppers, Lucy and I yapped for about an hour!

Cami, I don't even know if a monopoly game has that much money! But glad she bet you, cuz I love the picture! Was it Donna? I almost bumped you in the pewl, but I saw you and had one of the Tenders help you in gently. Meet over at the swim up bar and anyone else that would like to join us.

Lucy! Glad you did it. So good to see you, Dorothy and Sue back. I'm beyong furcited! Stella has not been around for quite some time. You skeered the chit outta me when you said you should be on a plane to bury your DD. Of course I'm thinking Dear Daughter, and I'm like WHAT! Took me a few to firgure out that you meant Dear Dad. And I'm so sorry about the wedding, but that doesn't change how the two of you feel for one another. Do you think you's will ever reside together?

Yesterday was a busy one. I left here at 6 am to go shopping, haven't been in over 3 weeks. DH had to stay back as we had truck coming. Took me 3 trips into 2 stores, stop at the post office to drom off two boxfuls of orders, gas and home at 10. Put everything away, separate the meats and wrap to put in the freezer. Hoping to have a someone relaxing day today, and wishing everyone else the same. Oh, and my windspinner is being held in another city in AZ, UPS says its due to something out of their control. I call BS, as there is nothing going there! Supposed to get it Tuesday.

• Cyndielou
    edited May 2020

Yes, it was my Dear Dad...perhaps I should have said DF?? He passed from Lymphoma in January. It took him quick..within a few months. Today is his birthday.

Sooooo nice to see you all . I've missed you!

Donese will be here on June 14th and I plan to return with her to TX in August for a couple of months. It will be nice to have someone to talk to and dwink with haha. We will reside together some day. Just not for a few years when we get the most from retirement.

I hope everyone enjoys their Saturday...even though every day is the same.

Well, you wont believe it but I found Stella....she was asleep in my closet wearing the same clothes that she had on in Vegas...that was one long hangover! She now resides in my car where she cant get into any trouble.But then again it is Stella after all.

Will poop in later ladies xoxoxoxox

• Cyndielou
    edited May 2020

Now that is cuteness overload right there.

• StellaTwinx
    StellaTwinx Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2020

DAYEM Cyndie, you had me locked up in there for looooooooong time. And who are all these new goils, I don't know you. But more peeps to have a dwinkie wif! WHEW! Are those Tenders still around? I needs me a dwink and pwonto!

• JCSLibrarian
    JCSLibrarian Member Posts: 548
    edited May 2020

Made it through the birthday celebrations! We had a storm complete with hail move through about 6:00pm, but the sun came out in time to grill the steaks. DS really liked the recycled mid century modern ashtray we found in the basement that his grandmother had made at a pottery shop years ago. He also liked the 1960’s MacIntosh amplifier my DH had in his younger days. DH is kinda excited about our trip out west. There are concerns about the virus, but we will plan on going until things change.

For my DH’s actual birthday today, we took a day trip down to the low country. In the late 1700’s, a canal was built to connect the Santee and Cooper rivers. It is now a historic site open for hiking. The museum and house were closed due to the virus, but the trails were open. We had a great hike next to the water. It is getting hot and humid here so my hiking days may stop for now.

Hope every one has a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend

• Cyndielou
    edited May 2020

How did you get out of the car Stella...you behave now. :)

Hello JCS.

• StellaTwinx
    StellaTwinx Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2020

I am most happy to be in your car, after letting me out of that closet of yours for I don't know how long! But being in the car, uh huh, where we goin? The bar? Yeah, lets go to the bar. Oh wait, we have a beach here and the Tenders. Gonna grab me a spot in a banana hammock. Come on Cyn, join me! Nattie's for both of us and anyone else that wants to join. Don't like Natties, have the Tender's bring you the libation of your choice!

• nativemainer
    edited May 2020

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Sunday Funday!I got home from work yesterday ayem, decided to take a nap and then get up and do some yard work. Tossed and turned for a few hours, then decided I would chill out for half an hour, then get up.Next thing I knew it was dark out and Sadie was climbing into bed with me!"Hey Siri, what time is it?""It's 8:36 pm"WHAT??? Oh, well, time to get up and get some fluids into me (and out of me) and a bit to eat. Stumbled around the kitchen toasting a bagel and pouring a glass of milk, took it back to the bedroom to eat it since Sadie was still in bed, tried to read for a bit, woke up when Sadie was eating the bagel out of my hand, finished the milk myself, then rolled over and cuddled up with Sadie and woke up about half an hour ago at 6:30.Some of the muscles are a little stiff from not being used for so long, but overall I actually feel good and have some energy and plan to tackle the yard work again today, after it warms up a tad, it's only 46 degrees right now, there was frost in some places overnight, and the weather guessers are calling for possible frost again tonight.

Dara--I hope you get lots done before the surgery reschedule, and that the testing goes better, as in either yes or no, no indeterminate stuff. Right now lots of people have been beating me into the HTL while I'm working night shift and my sleeping schedule is totally wacked out. I am looking forward to the cut in hours, if not the cut in pay, but I'll still be better off than I was working for hospice, I'll have guaranteed 24 hours, and can pick up more just about anytime I want. The Nursing Home I am in does not have any COVID-19 cases, and hasn't had one yet. We keep working to keep it that way, but the reality is that when visitors are allowed in again the virus will get in. Visitors will lie about symptoms, take masks off to hug and kiss residents, and otherwise not follow the rules.And as soon as one resident (or staff member) gets it, we have to go back to total lock down again, and visitors will be prohibited for at least 56 days. I can foresee this happening over and over again in Nursing Homes all over the country. It's going to be crazy for some time to come. But all that is still better than what you are going through. I am praying that this surgery finally fixes everything for good.

Cammy Cat--You may be glad to know that as I sat across from the Director and contemplated helping her out by working 2 more weeks of night shift I was thinking "Cammy Cat is going to say I TOLD YOU TO SAY NO AND I TOLD YOU SO!!!But there are 43 people that we are taking care of who need what I can do while the Director hires more staff and makes the changes and rearrangements needed to cover the new unit we are required to renovate the building for and staff. But I am strictly adhering to a no 12 hour shift rule. And I'll have most of the summer at part time hours, YAY!I say the pic on Fb, you and Joey looked GREAT!!!!!

CynCyn!!!!!!!!So good to see you again!So sorry to hear about all the things you've had to postpone or cancel due to Coronavirus. For me, I'm now working in a nursing home and have had my work life turned upside down with the virus, but will be going part time in a few weeks. My brother and his wife moved to North Carolina. Sadie is starting to show her age in her white face and moving a bit slower on stairs, but still a very happy pooch who continues to run the household and supervise the neighborhood.

Chi--OMG, SHARING N95s??????That is NOT a CDC or CMS recommendation, that is a recipe for infecting as many staff as possible!!!I feel badly for your voice teacher's wife. One of the industry predictions is that when the COVID thing subsides there will be a surge of rehab admissions of people who had ortho surgery during this time but didn't get rehab due to fear of going to a facility or not being able to get at home services and who are not doing well, and that this will coincide with a surge in COVID cases as facilities open up for visitation or communities relaxing restrictions too soon. I can foresee a total separation of rehab and long term care services coming.

Cammy Cat--that little kitteh is SO CUTE!Love the avatar pic!!

Goldie--Yup, the insurance thing is the thing to figure on right now. Only 4 years to Medicare. I've got a reasonably healthy health savings account. With taking care of myself my medical visits have been few and far between, and what I'm paying is far less than the monthly premium I'm paying now (which is tiny compared to the market place premiums). Could something catastrophic happen?Sure. But if it did I would likely not be able to go back to work again anyway, and then would be eligible for Medicaid, which is retroactive. And frankly, Medicaid is a great set up with max of $30 per month cop-pays and providers not being able to insist on payment of co-pays. And I discovered that people paying cash for medical care can negotiate the fee directly with the provider and ultimately pay much less, but the provider keeps a larger proportion by bypassing the financial intermediary costs associated with Medicare and Medicaid. And my HR person has some info on some other programs that she's going to pass on to me to look at, too.

CybCyb--Glad you clarified that, I was thinking I was going crazy cuz I didn't think you had a daughter that died, never thought of it being Dear Dad. Can't wait to see what kind of trouble Stella gets your car into! I wish you and Donese could be together now, but finances being what they are, one must take them into account.

Stella!!!! Come over here to the Casino Bar and join me and some of the gals and Pants and Jock and have a dwinkiepoo!

Librarian--Glad the birthday celebrations went well! Sounds like some real finds for gifts. I have a feeling lots of places are going to be museum and shop closed, trails open this summer.

Aha!I had forgotten about the banana hammocks!Meet you there!

Here's a simple, easy-to-make, festive Memorial Day weekend ...

• goldie0827
    edited May 2020

Lucy aka, CyndieLou. I knew your dad had passed, which is how I finally figured that DD was dear dad. You and Donese have done this long distance relationship for quite some time, but you seem to see each other quite a bit!

As you can see, I have a lot of my own names for some of my girls here! But there are reasons behind each one.

STELLA? OMG, is that really you??? Well, it certainly is good to see you. You plan on behaving yourself?

JCS, good deal on the birthday celebration. I'm excited for your trip out west too! Beautiful photos.

NM, I don't know if you are ever gonna get a garden in, my goodness. Wow, you must have been exhausted and didn't know it. How much sleep did you actually get? Love that hammock set up, and drink!

More work in the garden yesterday and doing the same today, with some cleaning inbetween. Hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend. Here is a little funny for you to enjoy.

Miss Beatrice, the church organist, was in her eighties and had never been married. She was admired for sweetness and kindness to all. One afternoon the pastor came to call on her and she showed him into her quaint sitting room. She invited him to have a seat while she prepared tea.
    As he sat facing her old pump organ, the young minister noticed a cut-glass bowl sitting on top of it. The bowl was filled with water. In the water floated, of all things, a condom! When she returned with tea and scones, they began to chat. The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and he could no longer resist. "Miss Beatrice", he said, "I wonder if you would tell me about this?" pointing to the bowl. "Oh, yes" she replied, "isn't it wonderful?
    I was walking through the park a few months ago and I found this little package on the ground. The directions said to place it on the organ, keep it wet and that it would prevent the spread of disease. Do you know I haven't had the flu all winter!" The pastor fainted.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,972
    edited May 2020

Hi ladies- just a quick hi and hoping your holiday weekend is going okay. It's been week full of many things to deal with. None of it is interesting, and all of it stacks one on top of the other. Nothing that is end of the world, just a lot of hassle. It goes like this 1) the yard mouse mitigation plan is in and see evidence in the yard it is starting to work; no evidence of anything in the house except on that front 2) I went to move my convertible out of the garage on Thursday and found I had a dead battery. Long story short, it needed to be replaced and got it in Friday, I was hoping to get it back yesterday after the washer came (dealer open on Sat). But that all ended up delayed, so I go tomorrow (the dealer is open on Memorial Day so they must need money) nd 3) after 2.5 weeks, my new washer FINALLY came yesterday. It was supposed to be here in the morning but they did not show and had a really hard time getting info on what was going on. After finally getting a hold of someone in customer service at 2 p.m., she confirmed they were "reloading the truck" and would be here before 5 p.m. Eye rolll. They were here a bit before 4 p.m. and got the old one out and the new one in. Glad to have it in and love it. I have weeks of accrued laundry needs here and a laundry fest is well under way.

Hi to some of the people returning here who I don't know. Welcome back!

Hope everyone has a good funday sunday. I wanted you to know I am planning to take a break in June from BCO, as I like to do periodically with all social media. I may lurk but may not be posting. So I will be here with you through next weekend.