Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited May 2020

Hope Arlo's audience social-distances! I haven't seen him since Mary Chapin Carpenter opened for him at Ravinia back in 2012. He brought his kids along to accompany him, and he was terrific. (I even forgave him switching parties simply so he could vote for Ron Paul who was in favor of legalizing weed--fast-forward, and I believe it's now legal in his own state). I first saw him open for Judy Collins at the Forest Hills (NY) Tennis Stadium in 1968! (Have since lost count of how many of his concerts I've attended, but back in 1985 he and Pete Seeger played together at Ravinia and it was wonderful).

It's official: Chicago enters "Phase 3" of cautious reopening next Wed. June 3. I have a hair appt. June 4--apparently, blow-drying will be allowed, because I'm scheduled for a Brazilian Blowout keratin straightening, single process color & trim. If it turns out that only bonnet-dryers will be allowed, I'll skip the keratin. I've been doing okay with just using my AirWrap and then clipping my hair up atop my head to sleep so it doesn't kink & frizz overnight. Cellars will open for outdoor dining--and yes, 6 ft. between tables is the city (and state) minimum. Brunch on Sun. the 7th will be insane--will have to pounce on a reservation (and hope it doesn't rain)! Mani-pedi the 10th, and (uh-oh) Happy's vet visit the 11th. Meanwhile, I will try to get in to the podiatrist next week--my ingrown toenails are beginning to bother me, and ideally I should get surgery on the worst one (then the other two weeks later). This podiatrist gives much less painful injections than the first one I had 25 yrs ago. My nail tech/salon owner does dig around and remove the "barb" that ingrows, but it does grow back very quickly. The podiatric surgery (which trims off the "scrolling" sides of the nail bed) lasts at least a year, though the nail tech scoffs at it. I am certainly not gonna mess with my ingrowns on my own.

DOTD: besides the Signorello Cab. with dinner, mojitos made from my garden mint as an aperitif.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited May 2020

Random Pics Plz Keep Clean To It Going Dc Universe Online Forums ...

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909
    edited May 2020

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy TGIF day!Sadie and I had a wonderful day yesterday. Lovely warm weather, got dog yard mowed and the pool filled, so living with wet dog smell most of the afternoon. Got some plants in the pots, and some more plants being delivered soon. Got to relax on the deck and read with an ice cold beverage while watching Sadie pop in and out of her pool, watched the hummingbird, cardinal, robins and some other birds doing their thing, even got a little nap in. Absolutely lovely day. Cloudier today, with more of a breeze, but just as comfortably warm, going to take the second cup of coffee onto the deck in a while.

Jazzy--The 14 day quarantine is getting to be a bit of a tricky thing to deal with. There was talk about it at work the other day, some in management saying that since health care workers are essential workers, the quarantine doesn't apply, but if one of us goes on vacay and visits a place where there is a lot of COVID going on they may have us not work for 14 days, so we still don't really know what to expect. For myself, I'm just not going to leave Maine for a while. Not thatnot leaving will be any kind of change in my lifestyle anyway! I'm glad you aren't letting anyone stay with you this summer. We still don't know enough about this virus. Sorry your favorite music event was cancelled. It's disappointing, I know, even when expected. I bet the garden pics are great to go back through. I wish I too more pics of past gardens, I bet I could learn a lot about what works and what doesn't. I'm enjoying playing in the dirt and that't the important thing, right?

CynCyn--Ah, the perfect size lobstah!Exciting about the private drum circle ,too!Not having the work structure can be hard to get used to, I remember that from the last time I went semi-retired. I'm going to work on creating some form of structure for myself and Sadie this time around.

Cammy Cat--I never thought about the face shield as being Star Wars like, but it really is, isn't it?It really confuses some of the residents, though. Next time your Landlandy is yelling at you without wearing a mask call her out on it. Ask her if she is trying to make you sick. Tell her to come back when she has a mask on. Or just turn around and walk inside and lock the door. She's an idiot.

Chi--Ingrown toenails must be miserable! My brother has them, had his great toe toenails surgically removed, and STILL has to take pliers to the "horn" as he calls it, and pull it out periodically. He showed me one, once, I could not believe how big it was!

Rusty Nail

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 oz Scotch
    • 3/4 oz Drambuie

Steps

1. Add all ingredients into a rocks glass with ice and stir.

From <https://www.liquor.com/recipes/rusty-nail/>

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909
    edited May 2020

I forgot to mention--even the Maine CDC and emergency operations folks aren't safe from this virus:

Maine.gov

PRESS RELEASES

You are subscribed to Maine.gov Press Releases. This information has recently been updated, and is now available.

MEMA, Maine CDC Announce State's Shift to Virtual Emergency Operations Center After Seven Employees at Augusta Facility Exhibit COVID-19 Symptoms

05/28/2020 01:23 PM EDT

Augusta, MAINE -The Maine Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) and Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Maine CDC) announced today that the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC), located at MEMA in Augusta, has temporarily moved to fully virtual operations today after seven employees who worked at the site exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 overnight. MEMA and Maine CDC operations have not been disrupted. MEMA and Maine CDC have exercised continuity of operations plans for situations of this nature. The shift to a virtual operations center ensured no disruption in Maine's ongoing COVID-19 response. The employees three from MEMA, two from Maine CDC, and two National Guard members called out sick today after experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms overnight.

___

At the daily press briefing one of the journalists actually said, out loud, that if the virus can get into the CDC and MEMA offices, then nursing homes don't stand a chance at keeping it out!

• camillegal
    edited May 2020

Mornin' ladies,

Little quiet here this morning. I mean here and in my home, and now the phone just rang BRB. I don't know why I said anything.

Sandy ur getting ready to see Arlo in concert, that has to be great. I would think that would be all under control for distancing.

A few things are opening up today and more or the 3rd. It's getting scary now for sure. The brave <or crazy> will be biting at the prospect I'm sure especially salons I would think. Les and I were talking about all of this and like she reminded me one of the worst places are the nail and especially a pedi for starting any kind of germs anyway so this might be interesting. Well most of those people are at a good age, so it might not be a bad conclusion.We'll just have to see.

OK I;ll see latah.

LUBS U ALL

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited May 2020

Lucy, I do eat, just that day when I was done, I was too exhausted to make anything. I do hope you had that shower! How fun to entertain the celeb. I had to Google the person, didn't know who they were.

Jazzy, I bet your yard looks beautiful. can you share some of your before/after photos? Nice of you to be inviting friends over to your patio, instead of going out.

Cami, my neighbor and their family ate every bit of the breakfast casserole I made. She was very appreciative of the food I brought over and wanted to pay me for it! I'm like no way, with all that you give me. I was glad to help and it was no biggie. I already had the lasagna in the freezer, and I had all the stuff for breakfast. I too liked that Love Pill. Your land lady, that was certainly uncalled for and NOT very professional. How dare she!

NM, face shields now, oh my. Ahhhh, laying in the sun after coming out of the pewl, I remember those days! Your day yesterday sounds poyfect!

Sandy, stay safe with your outings/appts.

This girl is not making any changes. I'll come back with pics of the garden, which most of you have seen already.

• goldie0827
    edited May 2020

Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: plant, tree, flower, sky, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: plant, flower, grass, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: plant, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,972
    edited May 2020

Good afternoon friends- hope everyone has survived yet another crazy pandemic week. Been busy with my collaboration work and more project work opps spinning from this initiative. A company I have worked for in the past reached out to ask me about some project work, but from another direction. New people who were not familiar with my working there. Sounds like they have about four projects lining up and fifth that will end up being with another company. I think as things all come together soon, I am going to be one busy woman the second part of 2020 with work. Boom and bust life.

Chi- we are opening up here to as of Monday, including gyms, salons, more opening of retail, some parks, etc. I had a rescheduled apt for tomorrow that is now pushed to 6/17. My stylist is not opening her salon until 6/9, so I will be in to see her within the first week of opening. I have been letting my grey grow out since March and had talked to my stylist about being ready to go "au natural" to my grey color. Trying to figure out good hair style for this with a good two inches of growth I will have by then. Pixie cut may be coming!

Cami- ha, never say things are quiet because the universe comes back at you with "hold my beer". I hope you are doing okay and I am wondering if that kitty is having a sneezing fit?

NM- sounds like a lovely spring day in Maine. Is that kayak out yet? Do you still have the dumpster? How is your mom doing?

Ill- how are you doing friend?

Goldie- your garden is fabulous. I will find a good before and after pic before I disappear after this weekend. Stay tuned. I love the spinner too, it looks really nice there. I wanted to get one at one point but my property is pretty small and decided no good place to put one. We are getting some monsoonal-like moisture here and hope to see some more afternoon showers later today. There was some around last night but not in my part of the city.

Gotta get on a work call. Back again tomorrow or Sunday before I step away for a bit.

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited May 2020

Greetings to all. Enjoying a Chambord Sprtizer with dinner. Ventured out today (masked, of course) for my pedicure appointment. Licensed Medical Pedicurist doe pedicure "dry" (no soaking in water), uses sterilized instruments, ventilation system, masks, gloves as is the norm. Separate rooms for each client. It was heavenly, and my toes are now ready for sandals.

Happy Friday!

• JCSLibrarian
    JCSLibrarian Member Posts: 548
    edited May 2020

Hello! What a week! It has rained steadily and the sump pump has been able to handle the load. Sun finally came out this afternoon. There are more storms forecast for tonight. #2 DS came over with his atlas of Utah and we planned some sights and stops for my trip. He drove the area a couple of years ago and is a wealth of knowledge. I found an old cross stitch project I had promised #1 DS about 30 years ago. I am finishing it for his 40th birthday coming up in July. Hope he still likes it! I have kept up with chores this week, but no new projects. Too much rain!

Great garden, Goldie. The windspinner looks fantastic there.

I let my hair go grey years ago. It was more salt and pepper, but since chemo is growing in quite white. I will be calling soon for my stylist to give me a pixie cut. Hopefully that will get rid of the curly frizzy thing going on.

I do have another bone and CT scan coming up next month. Fingers crossed things are still good and I can continue to go without chemo. November will be Cancerversary #2. Time waits for no woman!

Have a great weekend!

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717
    edited May 2020

Hi ladies, I’m doing ok. I had my first taco in 5 months, it was great! I’m also due to start a swallowing therapy class but it hasn’t been scheduled yet. Other than that, not much new, just watching tv and hanging in the pool with DH.

• goldie0827
    edited May 2020

DH has MRI early tomorrow morning, I will be back for a dwinkie Sunday morning. I think it's Friday!

BabyGirl, good to see you hon! Swallowing therapy? Who woulda thunked!

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited May 2020

hi girls, I wrote a long post last night and never hit submit. I copied it jest in case the system timed and wanted me to log in again which it did. But the problem was that I copied the below image into my clipboard which erased the text here from yesterday's post. CHIT CHIT CHIT, mese so tewwwped!

Anyway, reporting that my roommate Cheryl lost her Father last Sunday, one day after sailabrating his 92nd birthday, in hospice care. So sad over this and there is so much to do. I am trying to help Cheryl as much as I can since the only other surviving member of her immediate family, her brother (and my cousin too) has severe emphysema and is not able to do anything physical. He is on oyxgen and still has trouble breathing. We have to clear out the house and prepare it for the market. It is a very sad situation, the house, and I might share later what is happening with that. Ugh. For now, I have to get moving toward eating some dinner before my stomach digests itself. Plus it's time to dwink! WBB sometime to weekend to read what you are all up to. CheErS!!!

SMILE, it's the weekend! #tgif (With images) | Old fashion ...

• chisandy
    edited May 2020

Dorothy, condolences to your roommate. No matter how elderly, losing a loved one (espec. a parent) is always too soon.

Cami, it's Cyndielou who's getting ready to see Arlo.

Ilona, congrats on the taco! You may "graduate" from swallowing therapy sooner than you think! Enjoy the pool.

DOTD was Poppy brand 2017 Pinot Noir (CA, Monterey County).

• StellaTwinx
    StellaTwinx Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2020

Hi every-1, shhh, Cyndielou doesn't know that I snuck out of her closet again tonight. I don't like it in dere and she leaves zilcho likker for me, smh! So last night while she tinking I am a good girl, I was off smoking on da beach. And it was weed and cigs too. Yup I snuck off to the dunes and smoked, me so widdle no one sees me!
    aND DONT ASK where I got de weed I gonna tail you all about. So then I went back and helped meself to some of the drummers likker bottles which I put in my StellaT personalized backpack and walked away oh so smoothly. And she, Cyn, is finally sleeping so I sneaked out and find her beer but not her weed, and dwinking it up. Or down, yeah down er go, down the hatch it go. ohhhh feeling very furcited this aye em. I have a plan and no one ken know except you all but not Cyn cuz she'll put me back in her closet and forget me. So I plan on taking a vacation and going on a one way trip to The Happiest Place on Earth....yup u guessed it, de bar!

Dis bar, dat bar, in China, in Pakistan (sound like a song "dis bar and dat bar and dat bar and dis bar and dis bar' and so on......) and yup, gotta stop in good ole Norway too, I tink they have great or should I say outstanding NorWEEDgen WEED! tHAT'S MY FIRST STOP. nEXT, WHO kNOWS!

k bye, I hear something, gotta go. I must get on a plane next. but how do I get to de airport, too short to drive?? oooooohH, I know I know!! I can fly, yes, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

See ya from Norway chicks. Be like me, be happy and be real (to yerself). XOXO Stella

• camillegal
    edited May 2020

On? Series:

• camillegal
    edited May 2020

Mornin ladies,.

Sandy yep it Cyn that talking about Arlo, oh she's into so much fun All different ways JC I bet ur son will really love that, especially after 30 yrs. LOL Ur hair looks great gray, mine looks like chit, I tried it but no go.

Illi so glad to see you A TACO wow that's really good. Your therapy will probably go really well. About time.

Loru ur garden always looks great maybe too cu its so unique the way it's set up, but it does look like it's a lot of work.But u do seem like u enjoy it, so thar's what matters.

Jazy we're going to miss u and ur beautiful pics. but sounds like u have a lot of things going on and for u that's great.

Dara we're all waiting for this week to just get going for you <<<HUGS>>>

Hey Celia, how are u getting by. I know about the same.

Well Cyn u let Stella out now u will be responsible for her antics hahaha You know Dara gets her all riled up too. and u know how she dresses, she loves trouble and she finds it. I told u gals a long time ago don't send her here, for sure.

Kim I don't know now if ur resting, working or just relaxin' with Sadie anymore. U get me all confused.

Jodie will be he here soon so I'll take my shower today and wash my chopped up hair on top, I don't know why I did that, it's a wreck. Les hasn't noticed cuz I just brush it back. So maybe I can keep it hidden for a while longer.

Have a great Saturday.

LUBS U ALL.

• camillegal
    edited May 2020

C Block Cocktail (from Bar Rescue) (With images) | Bar drinks ...

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited May 2020

Ahhhhh. A pedi sounds wonderful. My toes look like they have been chewed on..eww but I wear flops anyway cause this is the FLA!

Gray hair looks great on some people..you rock it Chi.

JC I started a cross stich bib for my #2 DS before he was born...I still have not finished it and he turned 27 yesterday.

Dara...so nice to see you lady..how are you feeling?

NM..how is Sadie liking her wading pool?

STELLA! You naughty girl!

Tonight there will be drums (secret social distancing drum circle)

Trying to get motivated. May walk Reese...yes that sounds good.

Latah

• chisandy
    edited May 2020

Thanks for the compliment, Cyn, but my hair is blonde (only the roots are gray). If my gray came in like Emmylou Harris', I'd never have dyed my hair!

Stella, "dis bar, dat bar," LOL. Reminds me of a song, "Dem Deer," the great and hilarious WI duo Lou & Peter Berryman used to sing, and lead the audience in a round: "Dem deer, dey're here, den dey're dere. Dey're here, dey're dere, dey're everywhere." By the time the round made its way through the audience, it sounded like a hundred people going "der, der, der, der..."

• camillegal
    edited May 2020

Funny Cat Pictures Memes & Quotes: Funny Cat Cat Memes Gif

• camillegal
    edited May 2020

Mornin' ladies,

On the quiet side this morning.

Oh Cyn u have to take Reese for a walk, give Reese a chance,. How do u feel this morning??? I mean if u went to the beach last nite. Is today a rest day or are u still going??? Never know with you.

Sandy ur hair is blondish right. or am I seeing wrong.

Well Dara gets the Covid test today, which she's dreading, Who can blame her. Les said it feels like ur brain is being scraped, but I always say depends on who gives it too. Even a simple blood test can pop ur eyes out but if u get the right one <like from Romania> u don't feel a thing. Yes Romania a good blood country.

Well I posted yesterday about being tired of all the political stuff that's always going on with my FB. My cousin is the worst, then I took it down. I really didn't want to start anything really just aggravated. I don't know if anyone read it, but that's all right. It's better if no one read it.

I was doing the phones yesterday and giving Sunday prices til someone told me it wasn't Sunday. I really don't member how many people I told so again I screwed up.

Nice visit yesterday with Jodie, it was great sitting outside. She stopped and got breakfast made it even better. Then I got tired and skipped the shower, so going for it today.If this was our house I would invest in one of those special tubs so I could soak in it. Sounds good to me. My sweetheart Daniel wanted to get that and a wall A/C for my room, but when he found out this wasn't my house he thought it was a bad idea, which it would have been So since my kids are looking and if we get one he has a job to do. They like one in Winfield and it's unincorporated <so taxes are much better> I saw all the pics and it looks very nice, well time will tell.

Have a good Sunday and keep goodness in ur heart.

LUBS U ALL

• camillegal
    edited May 2020

Drink Like Your Favorite Fashion Designers | Cocktail recipes

• goldie0827
    edited May 2020

Hello Wacko, so glad you checked in. I thought your surgery was this past week, I guess it's this week coming up? Sorry to hear about Cheryl's dad, no matter how old, it's stll the loss of a loved one.

Jazzy, we got a teeny tiny bit of rain. I wouldn't even call it rain, that's how little we got.

Oh Stella, give you an inch and take a mile, and another, and another, and another, etc. I don't think you can go to Norway, you do not have a passport. Well, at least as far as I know you don't. Can't you just behave?

Cami, my garden IS alot of work. It looks like a bunch of weeds, but it's actually a few certain flowers that are invasive. I yanked a bunch of them out, but ya can't tell! Oh dear, you cut your own hair? We don't see the same things on FB that you do, unless we are freinds with that person. And if you "take it down" it's only you that can't see it anymore. Unless it's your own post. A walk in tub, you would love it I'm sure. They are quite pricey tho. I wonder if Dan could get it at cost, since he is in the business?

Lucy, LOL on the bib for your son! I know you miss your drum circles.

Went into town for the MRI, my DH said that none of the staff were wearing masks, except for the lady in the lobby that was checking you in, temp and all that. I was furious. Wrote to the admins and on their FB page. Doubt it will go anywhere, but I was beyond pissed. Had to swoop through WalMart for a few things and was really surprised at how many people were not wearing masks and letting their kids just wander around willy nilly. I can see this getting worse in the near future.

• jazzygirl
    edited May 2020

Good morning friends and happy Funday Sunday. Before I get going, I am going to answer a question Goldie had about my gardens to share a before and after photo of one area of the yard.

I have a small back yard and created a border garden around the back yard edge myself. The patio and xeriscaping/rocks came with a landscaper in 2005 after I built the house. I have gone through a lot of trial and error here as one does with gardens in general, but also through several droughts that have occured in the past 16 years (and yes we are heading in to another one). But here is a comparison of the center of the back yard border garden from 2012 (top) and 2020 (bottom). How about that for a change?

The spikey looking plant is a red yucca. It's been in the garden for awhile, and it is also where the mice infested into the roots. The mouse mitigation plan seems to be working but I am not sure the yucca is going to make it or not. It is not blooming like my other one, and of course, messing with the roots can ruin the integrity of the plant. But I am tending to it and hope the roots will re-settle and grow and the plant will make it.

• jazzygirl
    edited May 2020

And a photo of my monster cactus corner. The quail family lives in the corner behind the super tall cows tongue cactus.

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited May 2020

Good afternoon loungettes.

What is everybody doing this Funday Sunday?

I love your garden Jazz...especially love the strategically placed Buda's. It is very Zen.

Hey Cami Cat....I didnt go to the beach last night..we drummed at a park so as to not attract spectators but will be going to the beach tonight for sunset. Will bring one of my smaller drums just in the event I feel like drumming.

Dang Lori..did you question why they werent wearing masks? One would think that of all places a medical facility of any type would have that mandatory requirement.

Dara/Wacko/Dorkey....I thought you had your surgery last week also. So when is it actually? I also thought you had been tested already. I've heard stories from it hurt like hell to it was nothing...maybe its just an individual experience and your pain threshold.

Well, lets just see what today brings...tried to replace my toilet seat in the middle of the night...didnt go so well so guess that will be my first project of the day.

Latah goils

• jazzygirl
    edited May 2020

Hi ladies- just a quick note to check in before I drop off for awhile. I was out yesterday morning to enjoy an outdoor coffee place that also hosts morning jazz in the spring and summer. My music peeps started up again yesterday and nice to see a few familiar faces (or half of them). The jazz is at an outdoor farm and walked around to see the pretty flowers. Stopped by a few stores that are opened a bit, and saw some familiar friendly faces. It's like a true reunion when you see people after months of restriction, and if you have not been able to do so yet, it is something to look forward too.

I hope all of you have a really lovely month of June. Wishing people continued recovery from their surgeries, good luck with those coming up, people having on going chemo this summer, those healing from whatever you are coming through.

Stay well sisters and may return to lurk and will keep you all in my prayers for continued well being. May we all see better days after the chaos has settled.

• chisandy
    edited June 2020

Well, here in Chicago (and in most large cities), life as we had hoped would resume under a new "pandemic normal" is out of the question. The city was set to partly "reopen" this coming Wed. 6/3, but I would be surprised if it did--so many businesses have been looted, burned, destroyed. And there will be an inevitable early return of coronavirus due to crowding. Suddenly, hair, nails, podiatry, vet appointments don't seem so urgent any more.

My heart was in my mouth until Bob got home from the near SW suburbs a little while ago. My housekeeper lives on an integrated gentrified block in the W. Side Austin area--last night was quiet, but today there was looting all along Chicago Ave. a block south of her. I only hope there are no fires--before her block gentrified a few years ago, her house caught fire from a crack house next door (since gutted and sold to a new family).

I sympathize with the protesters, but not the looters and rioters who came in from outside to steal and foment more unrest. I fear that once the wealthy downtown and the strip malls in the poorer neighborhooods have been picked clean, the looters will move on to where there are still stores to be vandalized and gutted...eventually here in my neighborhood.

I had some more of that Poppy Pinot Noir last night, but only water starting this afternoon--I am too nauseated to eat or drink. I have no idea how this can end well.

• camillegal
    edited June 2020

Oh just poopin in"

Sandy are any of the protestors around you??? They are all over out here and looting and starting fires. It's scary here, they're within a couple of miles. They are thanking the protesters that are doing just that with no violence. But most are violent..So scary.

Oh Lori my kids are hoping to move this yr. so putting anything in here would be a waste, of course nothing is ever for sure.

Oh chit I started this hours ago then fell asleep. So I'll be back later.