Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909
    edited August 2020

Good morning, Loungettes! Happy TGIF day! Waking up to some rain this ayem, but we need it and it's coming down gently and soaking in so it's doing good, so I'll put up with it. I think I heard some distant thunder, but not really sure. The inservice at work yesterday went really well. The pharmacy rep arranged for delivery of LOTS of food-6 pizza of various types and sizes, a tray of grilled chicken/veggies/mashed potato, a big salad with acouple of dressings, cookies, ice tea. Unfortunately, yesterday was free Pizza for staff day at work, quite the coincidence. But the inservice was late enough in the day that the food was still hot for the evening shift when they came on and I'm sure they managed to make quite the dent. Sadie is liking the cooler nights, she's sleeping withme on the bed again now that it's more comfortable and she has the pet steps to use to get up on the bed. I swear I sleep so much better when she's on the bed with me, usually cuddled up against my side and sharing pillow space!

Karen--looks like we bumped each other into the pool! The fires sound very frightening. Particularly that there are multiple fires. Those poor animals, too.

Goldie--At least the people who are slowing down for the rain are less likely to end up in a ditch or hydroplaning and taking someone else out with them! It is annoying to get behind one of them, though. But better behind than in front of some drivers. On my way home yesterday there was a guy who was clearly on his phone, would come up within inches of my back bumper then look up and back off, was driving down the middle of the road straddling the yellow line and making oncoming cars veer onto the shoulder and then suddenly veering back in to his lane. I pulled over to let him go by me, signalled way in advance, and he still almost hit me before he noticed I was pulling over! I was behind him for several miles before he turned off onto a private road. How he managed not to hit someone amazes me. Glad to hear you are home, and that DH is doing well. Good for him for getting up regularly, so many people won't do that and then wonder why they aren't getting better faster.

Chi-ah, lamb chops, that sounds so good! Good advice about the cheese and the big "D", too.

Summer Fridays

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 oz Vodka
    • 2 oz Coconut milk
    • 3/4 oz Simple syrup
    • 3/4 oz Key lime juice
    • Garnish: Cilantro sprigs

Steps

1. Add all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake until chilled.
    2. Strain into a chilled rocks glass.
    3. Garnish with 2 sprigs of cilantro.

From <https://www.liquor.com/recipes/summer-fridays/>

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,972
    edited August 2020

Good morning friends- TGIF. Here we are again at the end of the week and coming in to the end of August. Hard to believe Labor Day is already on the horizon.

We had some smoke drift down from a fire in the Santa Fe area and the ones up north in CO (Denver and related folks, please be careful). Air was thick yesterday, plus it's up to 100 daily again (when it is normally down in the 8-80s by now. We did not make it outside too long. Weather is yucky here as is air quality.

Went to meet a friend yesterday at the new food hall and enjoyed some delicous tapas from Venezuela. I did a trip there decades ago (circa 1989) and was there for Thanksgiving and remember eating one of the best vegetarian meals of my life in Caracas. The little place here does the stuffed bread items and had a stuffed bread with creme cheese and guava jam, and also got two ham rolls to go. We both had some fresh italian ice for dessert (lemon lavendar for me). We are restricted to outdoor dining here right now and between the heat, smoke and flies, we did not have as long a visit as it became un-doable after awhile. I am ready for fall.

Got some things to do and hoping everyone has a good weekend. For those in CA and CO, please stay safe during the fires.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited August 2020

Sandy, I have a feeling that Cami is not a hummus kinda girl! And after her comment about the cottage cheese, I doubt the ricotto will work either!

NM, sounds like a decent free meal at work, altho not too fancy. Glad you have Sadie back in bed with you, and you sleep better like that. I had someone once getting too close to me on the freeway one time. It was rush hour, bumper to bumper traffic, stop and go. I could tell he was doing something on his phone as he kept lowering his head and he would get close to me upon stopping. So I would leave plenty of room from the car in front of and watch him, so if I saw him getting too close, I could pull up. Interesting ingredients in the DOTD.

Jazzy still super hot here and no rain in my area. Other parts of AZ have gotten rain, so that's good. I wish we would get a nice slow rain. The lemon/lavendar Italian ice sounds really yummy.

DH is hanging in there. They have him on Oxycodone, I think he took his last one this morning. Not because he's out, but cuz he doesn't like how it makes him feel. So he will start on Acetaaminifen today.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2020

Kitten Playing with App - CUTE CAT GIFS

• camillegal
    edited August 2020

Mornin' ladies. Oh for pity sakes, I eat eggs and cheese too, Oh I told u my sister made me egg salad and I do eat protein. Don't worry about me with eating for sure.

I never realized all the smoke from the fires reaches out all over the place. Wow that whole scene sounds so scary, but the water for animals sounds really nice to do. I hope lots of people do it Karen.

Lori ur DH sounds like he's trying to follow rules for feeling better. Is it a lot of extra work for you to do.But he must have pain for sure if he needs to take something.

Sandy how r u doing???

Hey Jazzy, to bad ur lunch wasn't more comfortable, maybe next time. But the food sounds amazing. Never had it tho.

Kim I envy u sleeping with Sadie, I always liked sleeping with my furbabies, they just have a comfort about them. OK extra belly rubs for our girl.

And oh yes I know this is a scam, but I'm saying I'm 50 too. LOL He's already asked me for a gift card for his only son in the States from Nordstrom,. they do have a thing for gift cards first, then goes the higher money. and sell the gift card. for a little lower the price. I've done my homework. Oh he has a huge house with a pool in canada and a big bungalow in the States, yea I can see why his money is all tied up. Next it's be that cuz he's having trouble with getting any but if he uses my account he can have money and of course he'll pay me back from any of my money he uses. Like I have any. LOL

Matt will be back from work on Monday, I'm so glad about that. I hate this day and night stuff.

I promise I' call my Onc. today, she's pretty persuadeful , so I'd better do it. UGH

Well I hope everyone has a good weekend TGIF for sure today for me.

LUBS U ALL

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 581
    edited August 2020

Hello all - I had a nice long post, but I lost it. That will teach me to post at work when I shouldn't be. So - just have a great day.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited August 2020

Misty, when I lose a post I hit Ctrl and Z at the same time and it comes back.

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 581
    edited August 2020

Thanks Goldie, I will try that next time.

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited August 2020

Hello, all. Must admit the fires in CA are really disheartening. Spent time in Guerneville and at Armstrong Woods (redwoods) a couple years ago for a family wedding and have heard the city is evacuated and the park is closed until further notice. Am glad we took the time to see those beautfiul redwoods when there. So sad! Will have to check in with my pal in SF area (Pacifica) to see how they are doing.

Sandy - Sounds like you are doing well with your recuperation.

Goldie - Healing thoughts for your DH.

Good weekend wishes to all.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited August 2020

Sadly, all I have (besides memories) of the redwoods are faded Kodak Brownie snapshots of our camping trips down the coast in the early '70s. Even if we live long enough past the pandemic to re-visit, they won't be there.

• camillegal
    edited August 2020

cat gif cute cat kitten gif cute kitten funny cat sleepy cat funny ...

• camillegal
    edited August 2020

Mornin' ladies,

Wow it's quiet in here or I missed something.

Oh those fires are always such a disaster and so many people have to leave and their home, and lot don't get to see it again. Last year I watched what happened to some beautiful homes and how the owners were just wandering around picking scraps up shaking their head. Can't even imagine.

Misty I've done that so many times and never remember all I wrote, so it's lost to me in netherland. I know Lori has told me but it seems like I always forget when the time comes, maybe this time I'll remember

Lori how is ur DH doing, he sounded like he was doing all he should do. I give him and you credit.

Sandy u sound good, is this not as bad as u thought or worse.

I told Bob about my new BF and he's asked me for a Gift card three times now and when I'm going to get it and send pics. Yea right. Well Bob suggested I take a pic. of my dogs private parts <not those words> and tell him to kiss them. I told him it was to early, but I don't think he's letting go of this gift card thing. He keeps on asking me when I'm going. I told him with Covid I don't get out a lot and then I put in cancer for a reason, he never asked about cancer just when I would go. Wow is he interested in me and I thought how do these poor women fall for these guys. Are they that lonesome that they give them so much money and then they're broke. He asked me what kind of movies I like, told him romance and musicals.LOL Last nite Les and I watched one of our scary ones. Like I'd watch a romance, one of my least favorite. I had to sound sweet. Oh he also tole me since he's in the service he's not allowed to have any bank account. The service just gives them money, sounds fishy like sharks.

I did do my online shopping this morning so that's done. Have to make sure I have everything before my kids leave. So Joey and I have to think of everything that means anything.

Leslie is still fooling around with the gout, and she got a shot for her knee the other day, Hope she feels good for the week.

Well there's the minutia of most of my week. Hope u all have a good weekend here and get to do something u like or can tolerate.

LUBS U ALL

• nativemainer
    edited August 2020

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Saturday! Mom called first thing this ayem, while she was out and about yesterday she stopped at her doctor's office and got an x-ray and she does have cracked/broken ribs from her fall. Her doctor told her to take 1000 mg tylenol three times a day and add a 4th dose in if she needs it at night, so she promptly decides to take 325 mg tylenol twice a day and go on to complain that it doesn't help. So I had to give her the lecture about taking the full prescription, or if she's going to cut down the tylenol she needs to cut down the blood pressure pills the same way, and expect the blood pressure pills to work correctly. So she goes off on the 4000 mg daily limit and not wanting to hurt her liver. Duh, 1000 mg four times a day IS the limit, her doc recommended 1000mg 3 times a day with afourth dose if needed overnight, still not exceeding the limit. I think I convinced her to try taking the full prescription for a least a few days, but we'll see. Sadie says Hi to everyone!

Jazzy--sorry to hear the outdoor dining was not as comfortable as it could have been, but the food sounds really good, especially the lemon-lavender ice!

Goldie--the food was pretty good, I have to admit. Having that guy behind you on the freeway must have been nerve wracking. At least I could pull over and get behind the guy and be safer. Glad to hear DH is hanging in there. He may find the acetaminophen works better than the oxy on the pain.

Cammy Cat--ok, as long as you are eating some eggs (or egg saland) and cheese EVERY DAY.It is amazing how far smoke from fires can travel. I can remember several times having smoke issues here from fires in Canada. There is something very comforting about sleeping with afur baby, isn't there? It's no mystery in the winter, they make great bedwarmers! As long as you know it's a scam that guy is playing on you and you don't send him one red cent, play away!

Misty--sorry the post eating gremlin bit you!

Celia--I haven't seen the redwoods, need to add that to my bucket list. Hope the Armstrong woods is spared by the fires.

Chi--glad you at least have the faded pics to bolster the memories of the redwoods.

Cammy Cat--Your new BF sounds like a real loser to me! I do not believe there is an army in the world that doesn't allow it's members to have a bank account, that's just crazy! I'm glad you are lying to him about what you like and don't like. I do think you should send a picture, but find one on the 'net that is of either a really young, pretty girl or a really ugly one, and see how he reacts! It could be hilarious!

Saturday Slammer

Saturday Slammer

Ingredients

1 oz. Pineapple Rum

1 oz. Strawberry Rum

1 oz. Coconut Rum

.5 oz Blue Curacao

1 oz. Orange Juice

1 oz. Pineapple Juice

.5 oz Grenadine

Cherry for garnish

Method

Pour the three Rums and the two juices into an ice filled cocktail shaker. Cover, shake well, and strain into a Collins (or Highball) glass half filled with ice. Slowly pour the Grenadine down the inside of the glass, and slowly float the Blue Curacao on top. Add a Cherry for garnish, slip in a straw, and enjoy your Saturday Slammer.

Serve

Long Glass

• JCSLibrarian
    JCSLibrarian Member Posts: 548
    edited August 2020

I am so excited!!! I will be playing cards next week with only three other people. It will be wonderful to see my girlfriends face to face. These three have been mostly isolating with no signs or exposure to COVID-19 people. When we were walking this morning, there was a huge group of young parents with kids in a park. Probably fifty or so people counting the children. No one had masks on and they were not ‘social distancing’. Our state epidemiologist says to expect a surge after the Labor Day holiday. Between schools and colleges opening, as well as college football starting with fans, there will be more people getting together. My CVS is advertising free flu shots. Isn’t it a bit early for that?

I talked to one girlfriend for two hours yesterday! We covered just about everything.

Hope all are well.

• jazzygirl
    edited August 2020
  • beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
    edited August 2020

Jazzy, Wow!!!

• jazzygirl
    edited August 2020

Hi ladies- happy weekend. I was out early to outdoor yoga, my second week doing this and love it. The farm was quiet when I arrived around 7:30 a.m. There were balloons all around my development as I left, I could see one was going to come through the back yard but I had to go. Further down, it came down near the road I was taking out and was able to see it float over my car and waved. Despite the fact the balloon fiesta is cancelled this year, they are still doing rides for the tourists so I get my own mini view in the back yard. I remember when I picked this lot, I was a bit sad I did not have a better view of the mountains from here, but what I got instead? I just posted a video for you when they came right past the back yard and really low last week. One of the best views yet. I am a lucky girl.....

NM - I am sorry to hear your mom has some cracked ribs. I was worries she might have someting going on. Our mom had a fall once and fought going to the doctor but then within a week, had swelling in her leg. She continued fighting going to the doctor (I was between contracts) and flew up to CT to get things checked out. She had a hairline fracture in her knee. I know this movie too well, they fall and then fight you about getting care. I hope your mom is feeling better soon. She sounds much like my mother was (fighting me all the way....)

Cami- perhaps it's time to jettison the scammer since he is bugging you for the gift card. Remove and block him if you are done? But I will say a photo of a dog or cats butt would be pretty funny.

JCS- sounds like something fun to look forward too. I think three day weekends bring more spikes in cases for sure.

Chi- I have spent a lot of time in CA through the years, but yet to see the redwoods. I guess not now. These fires the past few years in northern CA have been deadly. I was to the Napa/Sonoma area last in 2009. I have no idea what remains now? Sigh. I hope you are continuing to recover well, you sound good.

CeliaC- good to see you. My sister had friends in the Guernville area, thankfully they moved to Vegas a few years back. It is such a lovely area. Hope any friends there are okay.

Mistyeyes- good to see you here and sorry you lost the post. I have done that too. Hope you are doing okay with work. I know you are counting the days to retirement.

Goldie- how is DH's recovery going? How are you doing too? Is the D better? Any smoke out there from the fires in the west?

Working on making some pie crust for a peach pie that is underway. I might through some blackberries in it too.

• chisandy
    edited August 2020

Kim, I hope your mom can bounce back soon. I remember from my knee-replacement surgery days what the site Bonesmart.org used to say: stay ahead of the pain. It's much easier to keep a 3-out-of-10 (on the pain scale) than it is to take a 6 down to a 3. 3000 mg. a day TID is not dangerous, and is likely the minimum necessary for pain control for a fracture. Even adding another 1000 mg at bedtime is still safe for a few days. Taking the regular strength 325s for acute fracture pain is like flushing the pills down the toilet.

Recovery is coming along slowly--I still have double vision and when I try to read or type I have to close my eye or else it starts to tear. (Not so when I'm walking around or watching TV). My pupil is still dilated, and will be until a week after I discontinue the daily atropine drop (and I won't know when that'll be until my follow-up appt. on Wed.). What's really nerve-wracking is that among the mail that USPS "Informed Delivery" shows (via photo of the envelope) I have coming is a letter from UIC Health--and it's probably the biopsy report. But thanks to the postal-service sabotage, I have no idea when the letter will actually get here. (The daily e-mail update contains the fudge-factor weasel-words "mail shown here may not arrive for several days"). Not just that, but the premium bill for Bob's Part D plan is among that batch--and if it doesn't get here in time... (He insists on paper statements rather than online, so he can submit them to his office mgr. for reimbursement).

And the right side of my lower back has been bugging me for days--hardly anything makes a dent in it. I fear it might be the first sign of bone mets--they never did order a PET scan. The only question is which cancer is it from?

• nativemainer
    edited August 2020

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Sunday Funday! Not sure what Sadie and I are going to do for fun today, but will be something. We both lounged around the house all day yesterday and got nothing accomplished except enjoying the sun and breeze on the deck and watching the 2 roma tomatoes getting redder. Sadie does a great job supervising the neighborhood.

Librarian--yeah for the upcoming card game! I can imagine there will be a general surge in cases between Labor Day, schools starting (3 positive tests in students at U Maine already), and people getting tired of the restrictions and either getting careless or just not following them anymore. October is the traditional month flu shots in the health care community--nursing home residents and staff, hospital staff, those are highest risk for flu complications are all targeted in October every year. This year there is a movement to start public immunization in October as well, which could make for interesting times. Last year there wasn't enough vaccine ready in October, and a large proportion of the available vaccine in October and September went to the commercial pharmacies instead of the nursing homes and hospitals, and doctor's offices. Many people in those settings didn't have flu vaccine available to them until November. I remember the struggle my nursing home had getting flu vaccine last year. And given the big surge in demand that is expected this year, I'm thinking the flu vaccine is going to be a rare commodity and hard to find. FYI,a "free flu shot" may mean the vaccine is free, there may still be an administration charge.

Jazzy--Mom's doing ok with the ribs this time around. It isn't slowing her down from driving or starting to pack up her stuff and is looking for a storage place to move it to. Dick's daughter wants him moved into the assisted living by the end of September, he won't move until Mom leaves, Mom's apartment isn't scheduled to be finished construction until the end of September, maybe early October, so this is going to get very interesting. Peach and blackberry pie, that sounds heavenly!

Chi--I know that staying ahead of the pain is better, and I've told Mom that over and over again, but she insists on waiting until she can't stand the pain before taking something so she won't get addicted and then complaining that nothing works on her pain. I've even shown her the studies that show that people who take pain med at 3 out of 10 rather than 8 out of 10 end up taking less pain medication and for ashorter time, but she just won't hear that. With more and more businesses requiring online billing and bill paying I'm surprised Medicare Part D hasn't jumped on the bandwagon. Bob's office manager could no doubt tell him that a print out of an account statement is just as good as a mailed piece of paper, but I doubt he'd listen. Sorry to hear about the back pain. Could it possibly be from the position you were in for the surgeries stressing a muscle? Praying the biopsy report gets delivered soon, knowing it's out there but out of reach would make me crazy.

image alt="">

Silver Balloon

Ingredients

How to mix

Fill a shaker with ice cubes. Add all ingredients. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass.

From <https://www.absolutdrinks.com/en/drinks/silver-balloon/>

• jazzygirl
    edited August 2020

Good morning friends- happy Funday Sunday as NM would say. We got a tad of rain late yesterday, which was so good to see. Monsoonal rains started in a good way in July but petered out and not much since then. So hot, dry and smoky here. I know I am whining. Anyways, it rained gently for about 20 minutes and it cooled things down too. Limited chance later today too.

Chi- have you heard verbally yet about your results or are you just going to get the info via the letter in the mail? I hope your pain is nothing to be worried about. Are you still doing the Prolia shots? They can create bone pain too. If the pain lasts, best to get checked out. I get bone pains but they don't linger. I expect to be coming off Prolia end of the year, once my next dexa scan is done. Prayers for good outcomes on all your tests.

NM- probably good that your mom and Dick are together until your mom is ready to move. Is she sorting through things and starting to pack? I hope she continues to feel better.

The dough for the pie got made and has been chilling. Going to get the pie done this morning before it gets too warm.

Concerned for the friends along the Gulf Coast here with the dual storms moving in. Please stay safe. A double hurricane is something NO ONE needs.

Have a good rest of the weekend and good week ahead friends. Will pop in when I can!

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717
    edited August 2020

Morning all 😁

Thanks Jazzy, I’m really for them, I don’t think they’ll be a huge issue, mainly street flooding but we may break down the above ground pool tomorrow to avoid it being damaged or becoming a flying projectile. DH is heading out to fill gas cans should we need to use the generator. Plenty of standard supplies and food because I’m a ready for anything person.

• jazzygirl
    edited August 2020

Ill- you went through hurricane Harvey a few years back, right? That was a bad one and remember there was such extreme rain fall and severe flooding. You sound ready sister. I know the Gulf Coast knows this movie only too well.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717
    edited August 2020

Jazzy, yes Ike and Harvey. I’m ready but funny you show say movie, looks like a lot of people are scrambling to make popcorn. Hopefully, it’s mostly media hype.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,313
    edited August 2020

I'm ready. Harvey, Ike, Alicia, Alison, etc. Once I was 3 weeks w/o power - and other than a bit uncomfortably warm, did just fine. All the neighbors had communal BBQs in the middle of the street so the food didn't spoil. Like Illimae, I always have plenty of standard supplies in stock. I have batteries in the lanterns & a gas stove - so I'll have no problems eating. And I stocked up at Total Wine last week. Just need to put the patio furniture & the hanging baskets in the garage when it gets closer.

• chisandy
    edited August 2020

I had my last Prolia shot in Sept. 2019. I am generally prone to back issues, but more often they'd been sudden strains, not the nagging low-level ache I began to experience a few months ago. Maybe I'll take a Claritin rather than my usual Zyrtec tonight and see if that helps. I do sit quite a bit in my recliner as I type and watch TV, so it could be postural--just not getting in as much walking as I used to pre-pandemic (especially pre-eye surgery). A couple of Tylenol and some Voltaren gel (plus a lidocaine patch overnight) seemed to help until about half an hour ago. Just tried some CBD balm; maybe will use some transdermal CBD gel on my wrist, though I don't like the scent on my hand when I try to eat or drink.

I will likely find out the biopsy results on Wed. if I don't get the letter before then (assuming that's what the letter is about; it might just contain instructions for establishing a UIC MyChart patient portal). There is also an outside chance that the tumor is too small to have harvested enough cells in the needle biopsy to get a sufficient sample to test for prognostic markers & gene mutations.

As to PartD, I get my premiums auto-deducted from our checking account (just like our utilities and even temple dues & auto insurance); Bob insists on writing and mailing checks. I print out statements (BCBS makes it like pulling teeth to get them online--you have to order them to be e-mailed to you) and his office manager is satisfied. But if Bob doesn't have a printed document (externally-generated) in his hand, it doesn't exist. I swear, he's getting more like his dad every day (my FIL used to insist on going to the post office to mail anything, and get a proof of mailing to boot).

No idea what if anything other than water & coffee will be today's DOTD.

• camillegal
    edited August 2020

Cute Cat Poops - quickmeme

• camillegal
    edited August 2020

Hey ladies,

Oh there is so much to read, I can't member.

Kim I can't get over ur mom, ribs are very painful she must be really stubborn it, sounds like someone I know <not mentioning any particular names but it is ur mom's child> I hope she gives in a little just to feel better.

Illi ur' doing OK, I'm relieved for you. U've been remarkable.

Jazzy don;'t stop those balloons, they give us hope and some pretty views.

Sandy u sound like ur doing well too, I can imagine u have pain but ur still doing well. And don't put the cart before the horse with ur tests. When u get all of this done it may be all fine.

JC I can feel thru ur words ur excitement for playing cards with ur GFs. Iknow ur'time with them will be fun and it's coming up very soon now.I know u;ll enjoy urself.

Lori how are things going there???

Well I guess I lost my boyfriend from GA <Nigeria> He got so boring so fast and I really thought these poor women who fall for this crap must be so lonely they take any bread crumbs thrown at them. I couldn't even remember my own lies and couldn't help but laughing at his. I id member I said I owned my own company with a few men, made myself sound interesting with those men. Couldn't help it. LOL So I guess my scam is over, I read stuff to Joey and all he did was laugh. I get to silly. Oh well, So that's about it for me this last week.. Lets see what I can do this week. I don't have to work all day and all nite so I'm happy about that.

Joey went shopping with his parents this week so we''d have what we wanted for meals and enuff for his friends to be over whenever they like but he promised he would take care of everything and me and he wouldn't leave me alone, so I should feel anxiety free when they're gone. And I can count on him, I know.

Have a good start of the week almost finishing up the month

LUBS U ALL

• nativemainer
    edited August 2020

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Monday Monkey Day! Getting up in the dark this ayem, cloudy and rainy today. But it's a reminder that getting up in the dark time is approaching. It's hard to think of fall starting already. Still, that's my favorite time of year and I do enjoy it.Sadie says "Woof" to everyone.

Jazzy--Mom has been sorting and packing for months, sort of. At least she's been talking about it. I'm not sure how much she has actually done. Dick is in that stage of Alzheimer's where he needs to be right with someone all the time, usually that's Mom, and having her helping him with this or that, so she doesn't have much time to do anything for herself, except for the early mornings as she gets up before he does. We'll see what happens when she actually rents a storage place and has someplace to move things to. She is doing better every day, pain wise, particularly since she started taking the full does of tylenol three times a day.

Illi--sounds like you are pretty much ready for anything Mother Nature can throw at you, which is a very good thing! I'm hoping you won't need the preparations, but always good to have them done.

Morning, Minus!

Chi--I am praying you get your biopsy results very soon and that the info is as good as it can be, and that the back pain is from something benign. Isn't it amazing how some people can use high level tech in their work every day but still be so resistant to using it for personal things?

Cammy-Cat--Mom has given in enough to take full doses of tylenol "for a couple of days" and does admit that it helps. So sorry to hear you and your boyfriend have broken up, not! I bet you had a good time, though. Wonder what ex-BF thinks of the whole thing? Sounds like you and Joey will have a good time!

The Welcome Home Cocktail

Ingredients

• 1 oz. gin
    • ½ oz. lemon juice
    • 4 oz. champagne
    • 1 oz. simple syrup
    • Ice
    • 1 brandied cherry

Instructions

1. Combine the gin, lemon juice, simple syrup and ice into a shaker and shake well for ten seconds
    2. Pour champagne into old fashioned glass
    3. Add mixture to champagne
    4. Add cherry
    5. Drink!

From <https://wholefully.com/the-welcome-home-cocktail/>

• camillegal
    edited August 2020

Cute Cat Poops - quickmeme

• camillegal
    edited August 2020

Mornin ladies,

I think my cat is a duplicate, but I think it got goofed up.

Kim I'm glad ur mom is doing better and has come to the realization of taking her meds. But I guess Dick is having a harder time as the time gets closer. I feel bad for ur mom this all has to be hard for her. And packing is so much and upsetting. Say woof to Sadie and extra belly rubs. And yea the darkness outside is noticeable now, I don't like this especially since fall is one of my favorites too, well maybe my favorite.

I think maybe I've miss a post or 2 from Lori, I haven't seen one in a couple of days, unless my puter is leading me elsewhere. I wouldn't doubt it.

I did some on line shopping this weekend and basically stay off the puter on Sunday. And Matt should be back today so no more 24 hr thing going on. I just can't do it anymore, I feel a little more useless.

Well that's it for now, I'll poop in later

LUBS U ALL