Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909
    edited November 2020

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Hump Day!Happy Turkey Day Eve!

I didn't get to talk to the Admin yesterday, we started to a couple of times but urgent things came up. I know he will make sure we get a chance to talk today. If he doesn't I will. I need to make this conversation happen so I can decide what I am going to do work-wise, sooner than the middle of January. It's getting too hard to go to work wondering what kind of day it's going to be.

Sadie has been making very good use of her very cold, wet nose this ayem, nudging me under my arm and begging for ear scratches. Boy, her nose can get some cold when it's cold outside! In the teens overnight.

Goldie--oh, my, how horrible to have the D hit like that! I hope the regular doses will be less disruptive on your systems. Seems the hot turkey sandwiches are a fan favorite all over! When I was growing up Mom would roast a turkey with stuffing on Christmas, getting up really early to put it in so it would be ready by lunchtime. Then she would make gravy and Dad would carve the turkey. Piled up paper plates and put a loaf of bread on the counter next to the stove and everyone helped themselves when they got hungry. That way Mom didn't have to cook all day and we still got a hearty, hot meal. Oh, yes, there would be pies, too. My brother and I would make sandwiches if we didn't want to stop playing or whatever we were doing, Mom and Dad usually made up a plate like a regular meal. I still remember picking a piece of turkey meat off the carcass every time I walked by it!

Librarian--thanks for sharing the recipe! Silly, me, I saw Au Gratin and assumed there were potatoes in it!

Karen--Why can't people do the mask and distancing thing indeed? Just too self-centered these days. The problem is, those people don't end up suffering the way the people they infect and the families of those who die do.

Turkey and Sage Cocktail Recipe

Turkey and Sage Cocktail

Ingredients

• 20 fresh sage leaves
    • 4 ounces Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon
    • 2 tablespoons pumpkin butter (see note)
    • 1/2 ounce lemon juice, from one lemon
    • 4 dashes Angostura bitters

Directions

1. 1.
      Reserve two sage leaves for garnish and muddle the rest gently in a cocktail shaker.
    2. 2.
      Fill the shaker with ice. Add bourbon, pumpkin butter, lemon juice, and bitters. Shake until well-chilled, about 20 seconds.
    3. 3.
      Strain evenly into two coupe glasses and float a sage leaf on top of each drink.

From <https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2013/10/turkey-sage-cocktail-pumpkin-bourbon-drink-recipe-thanksgiving-cocktail.html>

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2020

Top 30 Cat Monday Morning GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• camillegal
    edited November 2020

Mornin ladies,

Lori I'm so very sorry that infusion took so much out of you, hopefullu the next and the rest won't be so bad. But on top of that that stupid ride u have to do, makes it worr I think, just the thought of it. For sure u have to rest this week end no matter what. How do u feel today??

JC I was curious about the pineapple cheese thing too. Sounds interesting and I never heard of it. I t must be good tho. Glad u had such a good time with ur friends, that's what friends are for.And roasted pumpkin??? Another dish I never had.

Karen purple is a new color for me on this thing. I wonder if anyone knows consequences this is all new piece by piece.BTW can u freeze the rest of the pie in pieces, then u can have a piece when u feel like it.I know utake caution with ur hikes but it's good to have them.

Sandy it's good to order as much as u can <well I think so> an nice u'll have Gordy and Leslie over too. U certainly have good taste so I'm sure everything will be great for all of u to enjoy.

Kim how could u possible say u hope ur a good mommy to sadie??? U 2 are a team and u've given her the best home possible that's why she loves and takes care of u so. An I enjoy sending rubs cuz I'm jelly u get so many in. I would enjoy her so much.

Leslie's stuffing is pretty normal, she fries really chopped up onion and celery first and cooks it, then ads Italian sausage <out of casing> all chopped up and broth an adds stuffing mix <no sage>, that's all I know that she does actually. I haven't made it in so long I've forgotten.It seems like most of us like that the best, green been casserole Mey, I prefer broccoli and cheese, green beans have been one forever and tired of it.But I also like yams with syrup and butter and marshmellows too.An that's so easy I can stil make it.I don't eat turkey, never liked it, but everything else is good. I used to make <when we were about 30 people> a huge mashed potatoe casserole that could be made ahead of time and that was good, well everyone liked it anyway. I used to make as much as I could the night before and throw everything in the oven <I had 2 ovens> so it wasn't that hard on TG. But now we use paper plates to even make it easier, there's still dishes to wash anyway. We are ordering most of the dinner so now it's even easier. I remember my dad saying grace, for being an atheist he really did a good job or my mom would kick him, she was famous for that and knuckling arms <that hurt>.That's the cruelest thing she did. I don't know how we did it, it was always a sit down dinner and everything was hot a nd ready and so many people. We always had it at my house <my parents actually, but I lived alone with my kids and they moved> I told u I was spoiled, and I'd put the dining table in the living room with all the boards and a small table in the dining room <kids> no one sat in the kitchen tho but it was great and fun. My dad took care of the turkey tho. And everyone brought food. Oh I'm thinking of those days this morning, bittersweet. I'm so thankful for the family I had it was wonderful. OK nuff of that.

I hope everyone here has a happy Thanksgiving Eve and feels good.

LUBS U ALL

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited November 2020

JCS, interesting dish. Never heard of it before, but I think I would want to try it from someone else before making it. I'm not a reader, don't have Netflix and the only time I know how to rest is at night when I go to bed. I always have too much to do around the house, there's always something that needs to be cleaned and I still have things to do outside.

Karen, I like seeing a ratio, 1 in 41. Is that just for CO. The thing that angers me is they mandate masks, but for those that don't wear them, there are no reprocussions. Frickin fine them, throw them in jail and don't give them masks....geesh!

NM, I do the same with a roast, a little gravy on my plate, then the bread with roast on it, a little more gravy, top with another slice of bread and cover that with gravy.....yuuuuuuuummmmmmm. One of my favorite comfort foods. Hopefully you will get to that admin today.

Cami, I'm feeling fine today, felt ok yesterday too. As for the drive, I don't mind it. I like to drive and it's a pretty drive, but going every 3 weeks might end up being a lot! What's mashed potato casserole? Ok, so I make my dressing about the same, but I do use sage and I use breakfast sausage instead of Italian. OH MY, your dad saying grace and is an athiest! What is knuckling arms?

I set my bread out yesterday to dry, white, sour dough and rye. I think I will make me my own small batch and put some pecans or walnuts in it, never had it like that.

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,972
    edited November 2020

Good morning ladies- just quick hello to wish everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday and long weekend!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,606
    edited November 2020

Lori - those are Colorado numbers. I agree with you that there are no consequences for not wear a mask or social distancing. They want to claim its violating their rights but what about all the people they gave Covid to!!!

I bought a ww bacquet (sp) to make my stuffing - saute celery, onions, maybe apples, maybe walnuts whatever the heart desires when I make it, brown the crispy bread I use water as the liquid and once its made on the stove top, I bake it in the oven to kept crispy on top.

Cami - I could freeze the rest of the pie, but after Thanksgiving I generally tire of it. But maybe I'll give it a try this year. When the kids were home, I always made 3 or 4 pies and they would all be gone within a few days. Pumpkin and pecan. I think I once tried choc chip pecan.

Have a great day before Thanksgiving Day! Stay safe and stay healthy.

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 581
    edited November 2020

Hello all - 'wild sweet potato' here.

I am getting hungry reading all about the posts about food. I keep trying to think of my favorite, but I love all of it and keep changing my favorite every few minutes. I am making Thanksgiving dinner and my kids and grandchildren will be coming and they will bring some food. My mom will come and fix a plate to go for her and my dad. Last year she made a plate for the guy across the street, so she probably will do that again, he does some yard work and odd jobs for her.

I took next week off and I am so excited about being off. We have been busy and I am getting burned out. In my head I have so many things I want to get done, I never can do all the things I think I want to do - sometimes it is just because I am tired or lazy and just want to hang out at home and rest. I am hoping to get a big chunk of my Christmas shopping done.

Goldie- sorry the 1st treatment was rough, hope the following ones will be easier. You and your husband have had your share of health woes this year.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all and wear stretchy pants so you will be comfortable eating all that food!

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited November 2020

We had the kids over for outdoor masked & distanced drinks & pumpkin pie (they didn't want antipasti--and I didn't feel like peeling & deviling eggs). DsOTD: Rusty Nails (2:1 Glenlivet & Drambuie) for Bob & Leslie; hot buttered rum (hot water, Kirkland spiced rum, brown monkfruit "sugar," a pat of butter) for Gordy & me. Nursing a small flute of Mumm Napa 2012 DVX Brut as I type this (it's for my back--that's my story & I'm sticking to it).

We were out on the deck at first (leather jacket was warm enough, no need to haul out the mink) until the rain kicked back up--so we moved to the front porch. Chilly weather, warm company!

Happy Thanksgiving!

• nativemainer
    edited November 2020

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Turkey Day! Waking up to rain and sleet this ayem. Its supposed to change over to all rain shortly. Got some snow yesterday and overnight, now have a nice pretty coating on the ground and trees.

Sadie says Woof to everyone!

Cammy Cat--Sadie says to tell you that the belly rubs you send are just about the best ever! I think she's trying to make me jealous so I'll give her even more! She is such a Silly pooch, and really knows just how to manage me. It seems like everyone has a favorite stuffing recipe. Mine is my grandmother's.I have a copy of the recipe in her own handwriting that I treasure. It's a typical, old-fashioned one:

Stuffing

Tear up old bread into pieces, enough to fill a largish cooking bowl. I use the blue one.

Add a small, left over boiled potato

Butter, the size of a walnut

Medium onion finely chopped

Mash together with your hands, sprinkling with water as you go

When soft and mushy add poultry seasoning until it turns gray

Cook in the turkey, squirting hot juice into the stuffing when you baste the bird

Goldie--Didn't get to the Admin yesterday. We tried to get together privately a few times, but always got interrupted by a crisis or emergency. Oh, my, hot roast beef sandwiches, those are sooo goood, too! I never realized people put sausage or nuts in stuffing until I was in college and a bunch of us were comparing upcoming Thanksgiving dinners at home! There is an amazing variety of ways to make stuffing! And then I learned it's called dressing in some areas. I grew up hearing about making Turkey and all the dressing, meaning turkey, stuffing, mashed potato, gravy, squash, carrots, rolls, cranberry sauce, and pies for dessert.

Jazzy--YES!That looks like FUN!!!

Karen--chocolate chip pecan pie?WOW!

Misty--I have the same problem with choosing a favorite, I think it's the combination that I love the most. So nice of your Mom to make up plates to take to people.

Chi--Chilly weather, warm company, what a wonderful turn of phrase!

The Turkey's Wattle

Ingredients

Ingredient Checklist

• 2 1/2 ounces rye whiskey, preferably Wild Turkey Rye 101 proof
    • 3/4 teaspoon St. Elizabeth allspice dram (rum-based allspice liqueur)
    • 1 ounce chilled apple cider
    • 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
    • Two 6-inch strips of orange zest
    • Ice
    • 2 ounces chilled ginger beer

Directions

In a cocktail shaker, combine the whiskey, allspice dram, cider, Simple Syrup and 1 of the orange zest strips. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well, then strain into a chilled ice-filled collins glass. Stir in the ginger beer and garnish with the remaining strip of orange zest.

From <https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/turkeys-wattle>

• goldie0827
    edited November 2020

Oh man, the fatigue hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday around 3 in the afternoon yesterday, went to bed at 6 and didn't get up, other than 3 times to pee, until 5:30! So really glad my step DD and DH didn't come. Got some stuff outside and all my stuffed prepped for the stuffing/dressing. I'm going to do sausage, onion, garlic, mushrooms, apple, celery, herbs and chicken stock. Sage and parsley I can get out of the garden. I'm making 2 pans, one for me and one for the neighbors. But we are having steak and shrimp scampi. Y'all know how much my DH won't eat! I bought rye bed to put in the dressing, but only part of it, so I made DH and I Patty Melts yesterday, boy were they yummy.

Karen, baguettes? I think they are also called what you wrote. But what's the WW?

See the source image

Misty, enjoy the time with the kids and grands. Nice that your mom will come and grab a few plates and nice of her to take some to her neighbor, providing you have enough! Which sounds like you need to make quite a bit. Enjoy that week off. I hear ya about wanting to get so many things done but not getting there. I do that every day!!!

Sandy, nice that the kids made it and you were able to sit outside.

NM, of course you cherish that recipe. I love the butter, size of a walnut. And the special bowl to use. Never had it with a boiled potato. But I was looking yesterday at recipes and found a site that had 50. OMG, rice, squash, kale, all kinds of varieties! I'm enjoying our winter so far, it's been delighful. But as you know, we have already had 2 snows. Gosh, you are having a time with getting to that admin. Could it be done over the phone when you aren't working? I think you were going to your moms? No Sadie tho, right? Hopefully she'll get some scraps of something and you can give her some rubs from me, along with some butt scrunches!

Here's the link with all the dressing recipes.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/articles/mix-a...

Wishing everyone a safe holiday and that no one gets sick. I'm really worried about what is going to happen, it's not going to be good!

See the source image

• goldie0827
    edited November 2020

See the source image

• karen1956
    edited November 2020

Lori - your stuffing sounds yummy. Yup you spelled it correctly.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy thanksgiving.

• JCSLibrarian
    JCSLibrarian Member Posts: 548
    edited November 2020

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Gotta get to cooking the things I prepped yesterday. The kids come in the late afternoon so have time to get things done. It was over Thanksgiving dinner in 2018 I told the kids about my diagnosis. Now we can celebrate the fact I am NED and there is even talk of a cure for me. We can celebrate the new direction for our country. We can celebrate the fact we are all healthy and Covid free. We can celebrate the fact that finances and jobs are all good at this time. Truly so much to celebrate.

Hope all have a great day and look forward to the coming New Year

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717
    edited November 2020

Happy turkey day :)

• camillegal
    edited November 2020

Free Thanksgiving Gifs - Animated ClipartWishing everyone a Happy, healthy, an a kind Thanksgiving to everyone.

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November 2020

Illimae, can't decide which is eye-catching--your dinner plate on the dinner thread or the glass of red wine and that fantastic view! Glad you shared.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Our dinner should be ready in about 30 minutes. Let's EAT and be thankful.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited November 2020

Bob went to Cellars to pick up dinner--I'd have accompanied him but my back is still killing me. So I missed the farewell glasses of Veuve Clicquot they were pouring (Bob was glad to drink mine--wish he'd called me to hobble over to my car and come over). DsOTD: we will be having Georges Dubouef Beauj. Nouveau with dinner, a 2015 Nicolas Sauternes with dessert and raise a glass of whatever for the group Zoom toast my friends are hosting at 6:30.

Happy T-day, all!

• karen1956
    edited November 2020

Hope everyone is having a nice Thanksgiving. Just about ready to sit down to dinner with my DH. He smoked the turkey legs and wings last week (just 1 of each for tonight), yams, stuffing, cranberries and pumpkin pie. Really didn't feel like a lot of work as its just the 2 of us. Talked to 2 of my 3 kids earlier today. DD#2 cooked her first turkey today so she face timed me 3 times to ask questions. The cooked turkey looks great. It is for Shabbat dinner tomorrow with her roommates and some close friends. Of course for 2 of my 3 kids, Thanksgiving is not a holiday where they live!

Stay safe and stay healthy

• jazzygirl
    edited November 2020

• goldie0827
    edited November 2020

JCS, I always liked having the meal a little later, say around 3. And what is this talk about a cure for do, do tell!

BabyGirl, you have a backyard like mine, goes on for miles! Great wine shot.

Sandy, sorry you missed out on the pouring.

Karen, that is sweet that your DD needed to facetime with you for help in cooking her dinner. Makes feel like mom.

Jazzy, looks like a yummy lasagna and lots to to freeze for later meals. Did you have dinner with yourself?

My dressing turned out yummy, I'm now waiting for my plate from the neighbor, can't wait to have some turkey. I made my own 9x13 dish of stuffing, so I have lots to freeze!

• goldie0827
    edited November 2020

Was this everyone yesterday?

See the source image

• nativemainer
    edited November 2020

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Day after Turkey Day! I hope everyone had a pleasant and happy day, even if celebrations were different from usual. Mon and I had a very nice day together, even if dinner didn't go according to plan. She was going to make her lemon chicken recipe, which involves coating flattened chicken breasts with a special coating of lemon juice and sour cream and other things she won't tell me, rolling them up and bakingthem. The chicken breasts she had didn't smell right so she threw them out and roasted a chicken instead. Then when she went to make stuffing she only had 4 slices of bread, and discovered she had no poultry seasoning or onions, so she improvised with sage and a couple other things, and it turned out really good! And just enough for the 2 of us. She didn't get a user's manual for any of the appliances, and she's never used one of those funny glass cooktop stoves before, so it took her ages to figure out how to turn the oven on and didn't realize that when she set the timer she was setting the cook timer, not just a timer. The timer went off, the chicken needed more time, so we figured out how to set the timer, neither of us realizing the over had turned off. For an hour. So we had to figure out how to turn the oven on again and figure the timer thing out. So our 11 ayem lunch got served just before 1 peeyem! Of course, it wouldn't be a first holiday meal in a new home without some sort of calamity, now would it? It was actually pretty funny.

Sadie wasn't so pleased about my being gone most of the day until I gave her the treats I'd set aside for a special occasion. Then she decided that it would only take 45 minutes of belly rubbing to make it up to her.

Goldie--Sadie says "Thank you" for the belly rubs and butt scrunches! No, I don't take Sadie to Mom's new place, it was freak Mom out way too much. I thought about talking with the Admin over the phone, but would rather do it face to face (mask to mask?) so I can get a better read on his reaction. I kind of wish I knew where that blue bowl is now, although I suspect it did not survive multiple moves. I do actually remember the bowl, too. It was the next to largest in a set of mixing bowls, each a different color. I think the biggest one was green. May have been glass or some kind of ceramic, they weren't plastic. They were heavy! Solid color outside, solid white inside.Now why do I remember details about a set of mixing bowls my grandmother used when I was a child? Sorry to hear the new treatment has kicked your butt, I hope it passes off quickly. And I pray that future treatments won't be quite so harsh.

LOL at "lots of"!

And LOL at "wait your Turn!"

Morning, Karen!

Librarian--so much to celebrate, Yay for you!

Hi, Illi, that looks beautiful!

Cammy Cat--Hope you had a good Turkey Day!

Morning, Beaver!

Chi--a group Zoom toast, that sounds like great fun!

Karen--so fun to have the DD#2 face timing while cooking the first turkey!

Jazzy--YUM!!!!

Goldie--you can freeze stuffing? I never knew. Of course, there is no such thing as left over stuffing in my family, either. We fight over who gets to take the most home!

A Thankful Cocktail

Ingredients

• 2 slices fresh ginger, peeled
    • 15 fresh cranberries
    • 1 tablespoon simple syrup
    • 1 large dash Angostura bitters
    • 2 ounces Applejack
    • 2 ounces apple cider
    • ¼ ounce lemon juice

Instructions

1. In a cocktail shaker, muddle the ginger, cranberries, simple syrup, and bitters. Add the Applejack, apple cider, lemon juice, and 4-5 ice cubes. Shake hard but briefly. Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a martini glass (or into a rocks glass with ice). Garnish with a few cranberries.

From <https://threemanycooks.com/recipes/a-thankful-cocktail/>

• illimae
    edited November 2020

Jazzy, what is that dish? Lasagna?

• JCSLibrarian
    JCSLibrarian Member Posts: 548
    edited November 2020

Good morning! Family and dinner were delightful. Maybe it was the wine! We ate and laughed for hours. The roasted pumpkin-squash dish my DIL brought was tasty. Honey and some spices, then oven roasted. She did say chopping them up was hard on her since she hasn’t worked out in months. I made too much dressing, but will be freezing some to have later. Not much of the turkey breast left and will eat that Saturday night. All in all, a good holiday with family.

Illi- That view! And not just the wine glass. LOL!

Jazzy - I do enjoy lasagna, but cannot (or will not) make it myself. Wish my computer had smell-0-vision.

NM - Maybe the admin guy knows what you want to chat about and is ignoring you???

Goldie - the MO has changed direction and is treating me with ‘curative intent’. Maybe just words, but definitely has a nice ring to it.

Sandy - I love hearing how you spent time with family. Becoming a grandmother any way you can is wonderful!

To all I left out, I hope you had a great Covid Holiday and we all look forward to having a regular Thanksgiving next year.

• jazzygirl
    edited November 2020

Good morning friends and happy Black Friday- in reading everyone's posts here, it looks like everyone that shared had a simple and lovely Thanksgiving holiday. Same for me over here, as you can see, I made myself a large turkey veggie lasagna which came out great and leaves a lot to freeze. I used to make lasagna a lot, usually turkey or veggie (I don't eat beef) and really liked this recipe. Here it the recipe if anyone is interested.

https://damndelicious.net/2017/01/16/turkey-and-sp...

I gave myself permission to slow down yesterday and just relax, cook, eat and took a nice end of the day walk. With the pool closed now with the shut down, I am doing more walking to keep my body moving. Did a bit of on line shopping with Harry and David to get a couple Xmas gifts going. I am keeping this year's holiday stuff very simple and going to try to get a few things ready to mail by the end of the weekend. The next three days, I will be chipping away at my to do list. It was nice to wake up today and think instead of one more day like one has on a usual

My job shifted into a new phase this week as I enter the second month. We had to do some work for the afternoon at one of the clinics, but it went well and the debrief Wed was very well received. We do 2 more in December, and also going to get some training on some of the clinical systems to better support that optimization work. Some of the parts of this job I have been waiting to get in to are coming now. They seem to be pleased with everything I am doing so far. It was a very busy three days and got reminded of short weeks being more like five days of work crammed in to three.

Goldie- yes, I did the holiday alone here at home, but totally okay with it. Needed some downtime from this busy new schedule, but also pretty much decided coming in to the fall with the rising number of cases that I was not going anywhere. We are still on lock down/stay at home orders unless we HAVE TO go out so I am respecting that to help the state get the case numbers down here. I heard yesterday they went under 2000 daily for the first time in weeks. With the millions traveling with the holiday, I expect a bigger and worse spike in December. Our ICUs here are full and then some.

Also, I am sorry to hear your first new treatment was so tough. Nothing worse than the D when you cannot get to a bathroom quickly. How are you feeling this weekend?

Ill- I have to say that photo off the balcony with the red wine glass is one of the best photos I have ever seen. How was your get together?

JCS- what great perspective about having to tell your family two years ago about your dx, and that you are now doing so much better. There is much to be thankful for as you say.

NM- you and your mom were a comedy of errors for your dinner, but you made it through! I think Thanksgivings come with a lot of surprises when trying to cook, but especially in a new place. I remember when I lived back east in an old farmhouse, my oven went out as I was preparing dinner for my family. What to do, what to do? Fortunately, the old farmhouse was split in to two parts and the other folks on the other side (two women who were away for the weekend) were my only solution. We had door between our two sides we always left open for a fire escape and so I went in and used their stove to finish the turkey before everyone arrived. I am glad you had some time together.

Karen- your dinner sounded simple and yummy. Did you get some snow earlier this week? We had some nice rain on Monday and think there is a chance of more moisture this weekend. Our drought stricken state needs it, I think yours does too. Are the wildfires out up there? I don't hear much about them anymore.

Mistyeyes- I saw you were off from work this week and really needing the time away. If I remember correctly, you are close to retirement next spring? Almost there sister, and hope you didn't have to cook a big meal for anyone and could relax.

Celia C, Genny, MemaSue, Teka, who else am I missing? I hope you had good day yesterday.

Today I am going to make a shepards pie with a twist. I have some left over turkey and going to top it with some corn and mashed potatoes, but going to put a layer of stuffing in there too. Maybe it's a new recipe called a Thanksgiving shepards pie? I need some stuffing fix this weekend like many of you have shared you love too.

Have a good day today and enjoy the shopping if you are doing any! Find some good deals!

• illimae
    edited November 2020

Jazzy, thanks for the recipe.

Our Friendsgiving was great, everyone was pretty well distancing and we had great airflow with a window and the door open most of the day. They leave tomorrow, we leave on Sunday for upcoming scans and to finish clearing the Houston house.

The rotisserie quit working, so turkey was finished in our friends air frier, worked out really well given our primitive kitchen set up. It was great to eat all the foods, so thankful to swallow ok now.

• camillegal
    edited November 2020

Cat GIF by Nebraska Humane Society - Find & Share on GIPHY

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,313
    edited November 2020

NM - My Mom had those bowls - Pyrex w/white insides & colored outside. I think her biggest one was yellow & maybe the smallest was red? With blue & green in between. She never used anything else.

Hmmm - I looked it up on the www but can never figure out how to post a picture. But check this out!!!

Before you decide to donate or toss any of that outdated glassware, think twice: Vintage Pyrex sets have sold for up to $1,800 online. Even single bowls have gone for a whopping $900

• karen1956
    edited November 2020

Jazzy - yup, Denver got snow. We were in Frisco Sunday to Thursday morning and Monday night into Tuesday morning we got about 6" snow. Hiked breaking trail in the snow. We hiked about 4 hours each day -- divided between morning and afternoon. We did one trail 5 times and each time saw something different. We saw a huge bull moose on Tuesday afternoon down below the trail. A guy on a mountain bike with snow tires just a head of us goes WOW then points right. Got a couple pictures. On the same trail this summer we saw 2 bull moose but they were smaller and much closer to the trail. For some strange reason, when I try to post photos here, the ones from this trip don't show up, but they are on my computer. I'll have to see if it works from my phone which is my camera!!

Best get busy cooking and cleaning. Normally we eat turkey day left overs on Friday night, but I'm saving the stuffing and yams for Sunday night and will take smoked turkey leg and wing out of the freezer on Sunday. Tonight grilling chicken thighs and a few sides.

Have a great rest of the day.

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November 2020

OK, now I really feel old. I have what is left of a set of those Pyrex bowls but the colors are different! Lost the largest one (brown) when the dog pulled the place mat it was on off the table to get to the freshly made potato salad it contained. Of course the bowl broke and neither people or dogs got any potato salad!

NM, when we moved into our current house we had to go online to the manufacturer's website with model numbers for each appliance and search for manuals. We were able to find the ones we needed. Perhaps that would work for your Mom?

Illi, safe travels and good scan results.

Goldie, hoping for more comfortable results with your next treatments.

Blessed day after Thanksgiving to all!