Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited January 2021

Just a quicky.

Karen I too have heard that, but I don't know for sure. an minus what luck 2 shots left and he was the third. I think I would cry. Or maybe think it was an omen, I get so confused by this.

celia u had my idea too, Kim where did u get those canned drinks. That looks like fun and what bad language???<I'm way to used to talking to the guys, and my friends> Oh and I agree about the Public Health dept.

LUBS U ALL

• camillegal
    edited January 2021

Goodnight Cat GIFs | Tenor

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909
    edited January 2021

Good morning, Loungettes! Happy Sunday Funday! Sadie and I had a totally lazy day yesterday, watching the wind blowing and some snow. Also used the covid shot as an excuse. Need to let my immune system have as much energy as possible, right? Well, that part worked. The shot site is nicely red and slightly swollen and tender to the touch. Only noticeable when I look for it, so not bothersome but I am glad to see evidence of reaction. I was hoping it would be warmer today, and not windy and such so I could spend some time in the basement/garage clearing out some junk and organizing some stuff. Looks like it's going to be too cold for that today, so I'll have to find another project to work on.

Sadie says Woof to everyone!

Celia-- I found the drink pack atF!VE DRINKS CO at https://fivedrinks.co/

I did a search for "canned cocktails" and this was one of the first sites to come up. I just could not resist ordering a package! That Painkiller drink sounds like yum in a glass, and well worth a swim to shore!

Karen--glad to hear you are not immunocompromised. Unused vaccine doses are being offered to people in the right place at the right time in the US. Some hospitals have a waiting list of people they can call in on short notice to give doses to before they time out. You have to know how your local system is doing the vaccination thing to figure out where/how to get in on that part.

Morning, Beaver!

Minus--sounds like flying standby, luck of the draw and luck of thenumbers!

Cammy Cat--F!VE DRINKS CO is on line at https://fivedrinks.co/I'm not sure if the name is because they only offer 5 kinds of drinks or the drinks only have 5 ingredients or if the 5 is totally arbitrary. Can't wait to try some out, though!

Kings Jubilee Cocktails

King's Jubilee Cocktail

Ingredients

• 60 ml Bacardi White Rum 2 oz
    • 22.5 ml Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur 0.75 oz
    • 15 ml Fresh Lemon Juice 0.5 oz

Instructions

• Combine all ingredients into your cocktail shaker
    • Shake with ice
    • Strain into a chilled cocktail glass
    • Garnish with a twist of lemon

From <https://stevethebartender.com.au/kings-jubilee-rum-cocktail-recipe/>

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited January 2021

NM, you are quite knowledgable re the vax, that has to make you somewhat more comfortable getting it. And nothing wrong with having a lazy day. Did you really get those drinks from Fivedrinks? Looks like there's a few stores here in AZ, down in the Phoenix/Tucson area.

Sandy, I'm gonna have to try some other herbs. My sage and oregano winter over and of course the chives.

Cami, I haven't watched the news, you say another strain?

Celia, that Pain Killer indeed sounds yummy.

Minus, sorry about your brother being third, how long did he wait?

Had a water leak to deal with yesterday. Fortunatley a neighbor was here and he did all the digging to get the the problem and was able to cap it off until it warms up and we can fix it properly. The ground was getting wet, and kept putting it off to tell DH, but figured I'd better do it.

• JCSLibrarian
    JCSLibrarian Member Posts: 548
    edited January 2021

Good morning! Sounds like people are doing well and keeping busy. I have to tell you the story of helping my DH sign up for the Covid vaccine. On Wednesday, our local public health department opened up vaccinations for those 70 and over. DH called the ‘special number’ and left a message. We still have not heard from anyone! The second attempt was thenext day when I went to their website and sent an email request. Still have not heard anything. A friend called and gave us a phone number of a local hospital where she was able to schedule a vaccination. DH called and left a message. We have heard nothing. Saturday morning another friend said a different local hospital was giving vaccinations to anybody. We went there to see what might happen.

The main catch to all this is you have to register with the CDC. IF you ever hear from any organization, they give you a website where you register and get an appointment. DH is so technology inept that he could not figure out how to get his email on his cellphone. He became very frustrated and left the hospital. We came home (the drive is only 11 minutes!) and saw he had received the email. Again, I had to fill out the form and get him an appointment. For some reason, he is unable to read a form online. DH can look at Facebook, watch music videos and read some emails. That is it on a computer. Drives me nuts! I am bothered by this on many levels, but he has an appointment for next week at a local hospital not far from our home. It is truly a cluster f__k!

Been busy watching sports! I am so very lazy, but will get back on track come Monday. I did work in my closet. Unfortunately, I am right back to my pre-chemo weight. Will need to get some new things, but I am looking for a style that helps hide the lumps! Take care and have fun.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,606
    edited January 2021

Kim - I had written my medical oncologist on the patient portal in August asking about work accommodations. His nurse wrote back and said this is what Dr said (more or less) - not immunocompromised, but my age puts me at risk. None of my doctors said I was higher risk to get it but higher risk to get sicker if I got covid (oncologist, hematologist, nephrologist etc) and same with my DH from his cardiologist. I think that doctors worry about putting things in writing unless there is 100% "proof". It's okay though. I got accommodations from DH being 65+. And I have the same ones for this semester. We both got the first shot a week ago at a rehab facility that had extra vaccines (evidentially several) and get our second on the 29th. I feel very grateful. A friend was given the information from on of his clients and emailed us. Thank you Kim for the information you share on the Moderna vaccine on fb.

Even with the vaccine, it seems like we'll be very masks, practicing social distancing and hand washing until at least the fall. The local news channel we watch, the resident doctor says she thinks positivity rate is down as people are tired of testing and if partner tests positive they don't get tested but just quarantine. The governor is moving most cities to orange from red, but Pitkin Count (Aspen) has moved voluntarily to red to keep cases down. Aspen is the rich and famous ski playground.

JCS, I have a good friend who is turning 90 in March and still hasn't gotten the vaccine. She has a care taker (more helper, cleaning lady, errand runner etc), adult son who lives in the same apt building here in town and another son in NY and no one has taken the initiative to register her for the vaccine. She doesn't have the computer skills to do it or even the where with all to deal with all the bureaucracy. It really annoys me but its not my job to do it.

Woke up at 4 am to go to the bathroom, fell back to sleep for a bit then awake again at 5, tried to stay in bed till 6 - tossed and turned like a fish out of water - woke up annoyed with a sore back and my tennis elbow acting up - should have just gotten up at 5. I haven't set an alarm clock in years. My clock radio/alarm is from 1980!!!!

Lori - glad you got the water fixed at least temporarily. It sounds like Darrell is doing better. How are you feeling? So happy that your numbers are good.

Want to address others, but if I go back a page, I'll loose my post.

Plan for today is to dust and wipe down some furniture and try to purge papers - I have all the emails from when I was diagnosed and sent out updates - most of these people I have not seen or heard from since I left my job in 2008 so why keep them. I'll keep the ones from people who still care about me and I'm in contact with. I have a few rubbermaid containers with breast cancer stuff, but I missing/can't find where I put one that has copies of all my records from the hospital. Everything in the furnace room is marked so I know what is there. I have my pathology reports all my labs, bone density results etc. What I would love to find is my labs before surgery and chemo to see if there were tumor markers. Also I want to find out if my implants are over the muscle or under the muscle. I quit seeing my PS and BS in 2009 and only see medical oncologist. My implants are from 2008 and I have not had them checked since they were place. At last medical oncologist appointment in October his NP said I should have them checked at 15 years. I googled to see how that is done and it is via MRI. Not interested in surgery or anything else at this time. I keep telling myself if something was wrong, medical oncologist would be able to tell.

Sorry to rambling and being such a long post

Have a great Sunday.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,312
    edited January 2021

My brother is in a fairly small town in Utah & I'm not sure where he went to try to get the 'overflow'.

I've received emails from each of the 3 major hospitals in town that my docs are associated with to schedule appointments. The first one asked a few questions, then asked which satellite hospital you preferred, then gave you a date & time - so I processed this on 1/3, my first shot is on 1/29. A friend who actually answered the email on 1/1 had her shot on 1/6. I could have moved it up a week by going with the second hospital group but I wasn't inclined to upset the apple cart.

NM - did I see you mention the Covid shot in the thigh/leg? I understand that's how most kids get all intramuscular vaccines now. I got my last flu shot that way. This is what NIH says: "...into the deltoid or the anterolateral aspect of the thigh." Because of LE, I'm hoping I can convince the hospital to give my Covid shot in my thigh, but not very confident.

• SuQu31
    SuQu31 Member Posts: 73
    edited January 2021

I'm just a regular lurker, and I apologize for butting in, but I wanted to let Celia know that the Painkiller at the Soggy Dollar Bar is outstanding, and the scenery is even better! I actually was there last January (pre-Covid). They are sweet, but yummy and easy to make by the pitcher-full. I made them for a July 4th celebration and made a batch without rum for the younger/pregnant/non-drinkers in the group. The recipe is easy to remember: 411. Four parts pineapple juice, 1 part orange juice, 1 part cream of coconut and dark rum to taste. Serve over ice with freshly grated nutmeg- fresh nutmeg makes all the difference.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,716
    edited January 2021

SuQu, the painkiller sounds great, thanks for sharing!

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited January 2021

SuQu21 - Thanks for stopping in and for the Painkiller recipe. Lucky you to be in the BVI last January!

• SuQu31
    edited January 2021

Celia,

It was unusual- a 20th anniversary trip. Typically we go during off-season- it’s much less expensive. It was wonderful to be somewhere warm and sunny in January, so I’m hoping we can do that again sometime. Happy to stop in- this is my favorite group, but I’ve never had anything to contribute before today.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited January 2021

I am sooo jealous of everyone who gets to sign up for the wait list, much less gets an actual vaccination appointment! NONE of the hospitals where I get treated (NorthShore Evanston & Skokie and the Lincolnwood outpatient center, Amita St. Joseph & St. Francis, and UIC Health) have contacted me--in fact when I contact them, I get a "form letter" brush-off. EVERY suburban collar county's health dept. has set up registration websites...strictly for their own inhabitants or health workers. Chicago? Hahahaha... Mayor Lightfoot announced that this week they'll be setting up a vaccination center at Truman College a couple of miles south of me, but the Health Commissioner says "call first." Neat trick, as the map with the address of the college doesn't give a phone number for the college, much less the vax center.

With leftovers from Avec last night, I Coravined a bottle of Marques de Murrieta Rioja Riserva 2009. Inky and unfiltered, but delicious. Friday night with the actual meal, I Coravined some more of that Maryhill Serendipity. I asked Bob if he wanted a refill, and he said that since there were fewer than 2 glasses left he would open the bottle if that was okay with me. But when he tried to remove the Coravin, he bent the needle and the apparatus got stuck; once I was able to extract the contraption, he took a corkscrew and inserted it all wrong--destroying the cork. (Note to self: never let someone who's already had a couple or three drinks anywhere near a Coravin or a corkscrew). So I said if he wanted more I would have to still use the Coravin--but when I inserted the needle into the now-decrepit cork, red wine sprayed all over the beige tablecloth! Yesterday afternoon, my science project was to "pull a Visine ('get the red out')" on the cloth. Took half a bottle of Wine-Away, scrubbing and then drenching it with cold water, but a faint outline remains. It'll have to go into the wash this week. At least the Coravin still works (as the Rioja proves).

I swear, I'm gonna start a YouTube channel aimed at husbands called "You're Doing it All Wrong," for stuff like corkscrews, kitchen equipment, cleaning up messes, loading the dishwasher or washer/dryer, assembling furniture, setting up appliances, programming remotes, etc. (I realize most husbands are handy, but not only do nurses and techs do all the scut work for him, he's never lived alone--going straight from his parents' home, where his mom did all the cooking/laundry and his dad did all the home maintenance, to our first apartment in Seattle).

• nativemainer
    edited January 2021

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Monday Monkey Day! Happy Martin Luther King Day!I forgot to turn the alarm off, so here I am up at the usual time for work rather than sleeping in. Oh well, I can always take a nap later if I want to, right? Sadie was ready for breakfast judging from her nudges that started as soon as the alarm went off. Day 3 after vaccination, shot site is pink, the swelling has gone away, and the area is tender if I poke at it. I did have a couple hours of feeling generally yucky yesterday, no fever or chills, not truly achy, but kind of "coming down with something"ish. Treated myself to a cup of white peony tea and a nap, and it all went away.

The Maine CDC Director has reallocated another several hundred doses of vaccines from Walgreens and a private pharmacy to hospitals for immediate distribution. I can't believe these drug stores have signed up with the feds to administer these doses to nursing home residents and staff are getting thousands of doses, but don't have any plans in place to do the immunizations! This is the second time MaineCDC has moved doses cuz they pharmacies could not say when the shots would be delivered to the nursing homes. The nursing homes the pharmacies are set up with are starting to ask questions and push for dates/times or are finding other ways to get the vaccine done.

Goldie--I like researching medical stuff, especially when it directly affects me! Yes, I did order those drinks for delivery. No stores near me. I hope the water leak isn't going to be too big a thing to fix come warmer weather.

Librarian--Holy Schmoly, what a cluster f indeed, getting that appointment set up! It's funny what some people can and can't do, technology-wise.

Karen--I think you may be right about docs not wanting to put things in writing without proof. I'm pretty sure you are right about the masking and distancing going on for some time even after vaccination. No vaccine is 100% effective, we don't know how long the vaccine protection lasts yet, the virus mutation rate and other variables will have an effect. The extreme dependency on computer registration in some places worries me, our older folks are much less likely to have home computer access or the skills to register that way. Not fun waking up at 4 ayem and not being able to get back to sleep!

Minus--Yup, I don't get any shots or blood pressures or Ivs in my arms. I wore a pair of shorts under my pants that day cuz I knew there wouldn't be much privacy. If you are getting your shot in a hospital it shouldn't be too much trouble to get it done in your thigh, nurses do that all the time. The magic words are "Post mastectomy lymphedema precautions."The only person who even batted an eye about it was the person transcribing the info from the paper form into the computer. She wasn't a nurse, and asked what "LAT" meant (Left anterior thigh).

Welcome, SuQu31!Thanks for sharing that recipe, I can see where it's so popular! Pull up a bar stool and tell us about yourself.

Morning, Illi, Celia!

Chi--Hoo Boy, it sounds like Chicago is having a bit of a struggle getting set up to vaccinate! Love the "call first" with no number given. And goodness, what a struggle with the wine bottle! And all over a biege table cloth? Yikes! I hope the product and a good washing will finish the job and save the table cloth. I think a "You're Doing it All Wrong," YouTube channel would be a riot, and very useful!

https://cocktailsandshots.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/how_to_prepare_the_i_have_a_dream_shooter_recipe.jpg

I Have A Dream Ingredients

I Have A Dream Toppings

I Have A Dream Description

How to make the I Have A Dream cocktail recipe?

For the I Have A Dream recipe pour the coffee in your glass and add the apricot liqueur. Garnish with a spring of rosemary and your drink is ready.

The I Have A Dream shooter is the drink of the day for January 15 when Martin Luther King was born in 1929. Martin Luther King was an African-American Civil Rights Movement leader who gave the iconic "I Have A Dream" Speech in 1963.

From <https://cocktailsandshots.com/recipe/i-have-a-dream/>

• camillegal
    edited January 2021

Cute Cat Videos GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• camillegal
    edited January 2021

Mornin ladies,

I have a sad kitty this morning. A good friend died over the weekend, not covid, but cancer all over. And none of us could go and see him with a very small type of memorial. My sister and I didn't go at all and feel bad, but under all these crazy circumstances it was very small an his wife <our frien> could have used us, but it was all understood, she's a wreck and now his kids are causing more troubles. they've been married 30 yrs. and she met him <we fixed her up> over 1 yr after his divorce but kids are kids to their parent and right now she's just having a very hard time.

I still haven't heard anything about the vacc. U gals are right on top of the situation so I pay attention to all of u. But I see more and more of u are getting it without a lot of SE <which I like> but I decided to be proactive and find out what's going on this week. I want to get this over with.

welcome SuQu please come by and share all u want and don't worry about what u say, just whatever is on ur mind is great with us. We're easy and nonjudgemental for sure.

Kim I forget u have some of these days off, good for u and Sadie. and still dark out.

beaver, misty, celia readerJC and if I missed anyone I'm so glad u joined us here, u bring so much to this post and I'm always glad to see u.

so, I just fell asleep again for about 1/2 hr. What is going on with me. Ijusr close my eyes and I sleep. wtf. I fight it and sleep always wins. I told utis gois on all day even with my job I fall asleep while putting info into the puter and I don't finish til later. I drink my coffe and everything.OK I'll sign off for noe.

Have a great day.

LUBS U ALL

• karen1956
    edited January 2021

I've been looking for a large envelope with medical records from the hospital that I requested in around 2009. It's not where my other medical records are and I don't remember where I put it or a few other things. This has led me to going through things. I have very old trunk that was my late grandfather's filled with "stuff" - old cure magazines and other misc cancer related stuff. Most of it is garbage. I found a "gift" bag with lots of little items and a people with tootsie roll, life saver etc from 2008 - total garbage. Still haven't found what I'm looking for, but thrown out old magazines and other stuff - I have emptied 2 rubber made containers. Going to try to finish up today. The main impetus for looking for this envelope is I don't know if my implants are under or over the muscle and just want to know. One day I will organize all my labs, DEXA scans etc in a binder, but right now they are in envelopes or stapled together in a rubber made box. In one box, I have all the emails from former work people - going to throw most of them out as none of these people are part of my life anymore - going to keep the ones from people who still are here for me. When I left that job, those work people disappeared.

Dusted my bedroom yesterday as well. A couple nice walks as well. The weather was pretty, not so much today.

DD#1 told me yesterday that Canada has only vaccinated 1% of the population. I said we were only at 10% and she goes that 10x times more than them. The whole shot set up is a total mess. It all goes to who you know and what games you can play to get the shot. Sandy, hope you can get your shot soon. I heard that it takes about 3 weeks post 2nd shot to have the potential 95% effective rate and that masks and social distancing will be here for months to come.

Best jump in the shower and get moving if I want to be productive today.

Have a great day.

• goldie0827
    edited January 2021

JCS, I detect a little frustration there! You sure are a sports junkie.

Karen, good for you on the purge. I told my MO after I hit my 5 year mark, I still wanted to be seen every 6 months and I wanted labs done. Not all oncs will do TM's, they say they aren't always right, but I insisted. Much easier to do labs and then scan if need be. I have implants, but not from BC and they are 22. Typically the implants are put "under" the muscle. I had a doctor once tell me they thought mine were outside the muscle, I said no, my paper says under. So I guess I really don't know!

Minus, with your brother getting an "overflow" shot, how does that work for the second one? I hope it doesn't cause problems.

Hi there SuQu, welcome to The Hot Tatties lounge. My DD lives in the USVI, but if you have been lurking, you may know that!

Sandy, sounds like quite day/evening you had. Trying to get signed up for the vax and then wine/tablecloth.

NM, glad the nap and tea helped with the ickies you were feeling. Of course you like researching medical stuff, that is why you are the awesome nurse you are! My MIL doesn't do computers and doesn't know how to go about getting her vax. Did your mom get one?

Oh Cami, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. Did they know he had cancer, or was it a surprise. Regardless, very sad. I hope he didn't suffer. I can't ever get over how quickly you fall asleep! My mom had a friend that would actually fall asleep standing up!

Our weather here has been crazy warm here during the day, I'm talkin mid 50's up to 60. But my oh my is it dry. Going to be a crazy fire year me thinks.

• SuQu31
    edited January 2021

Thanks for the invitation, ladies! How can I refuse an offer of a virtual cocktail with such a fun, interesting group? I'll be the one sitting off to the side listening. I've learned so much about COVID, vaccines, cocktails and all sorts of interesting things here. Oh, and I'll be drinking bourbon.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,312
    edited January 2021

Thanks NM. Good idea about the shorts. Agree - I never let anyone touch my arms. That's a major problem for blood draws. Even in Houston - supposedly the largest medical center in the world according to WIKI - only one doc at a one hospital transplant center will do ankle draws. BTW - I like everything I hear about your new job.

Goldie - I get labs every 6 months too, and it includes the cancer antigen test. Don't know the answer about getting 2nd shots if one gets leftovers at the end of the day.

Cami - sorry about your friend. It's really hard not to be with the ones we care for when they are suffering.

• illimae
    edited January 2021

Hi all, had my first Herceptin infusion since stopping treatment due to my bad cardiogram. Now that everything is back in tract, I’m feeling more settled. I’m just relaxing tonight with sangria and maybe an ice cream cone later.

• reader425
    reader425 Member Posts: 945
    edited January 2021

Hi ladies, a CASE of interesting wines from my sis for Christmas had us break open a delicious, smooth bottle of red to go with our Italian take-in dinner. I've already unfortunately forgotten the type or I'd tell you. 🍷

Cami as soon as I saw sad kitty I said "uh-oh". So very sorry for the loss of your friend. Sammy sends cuddly, sympathetic paws.🐾

This is a friendly thread. Welcome Bourbon-drinking-lurker 😉 i do too mostly, chiming in when I think of something to say.

Happy Tuesday!

• nativemainer
    edited January 2021

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Twofer Tuesday! Getting ready for another day at school, but happy to have had a long weekend, too. 3 weeks of full time work, then Winter Break week. Wondering what is going to happen in Washington tomorrow. I've heard that some schools aren't going to show the inauguration out of concern for violence. Seems a sad state of affairs to me.

Four days after the COVID shot, and if I poke at the site hard enough I can make it tender, but I have to hunt around to find the right spot to poke. I'd say that qualifies as the end of the reaction for me for shot #1.

Cammy Cat--I am so sorry about your friend passing. And that you couldn't attend the service to support your friend. I'm sorry the kids are causing trouble for her. Such a hard time for a family. Good for you for getting on board with the vaccine. I'm sure you will do fine with it, and then you will have a lot less to worry about. I tend to fall asleep while reading in the evening. Or watching TV. I blame it on the recliner being way too comfortable and relaxing!

Karen--isn't it frustrating to search for somethingyou know you have but can't find? I hope you find the envelope soon and get the info you want. I'd want to know, too. Getting the covid shot to everyone is turning into quite the craziness. I am glad to be hearing more about people who want and are having trouble getting the vaccine than I am about anti-vaxxers.

Goldie--my Mom hasn't gotten hers yet. Info should be coming out today about how she can do that, it's on my list of things to research today, that and the Pfizer vaccine. Good question about the second shot, unless they are signing up the overflow people for the second shot like they are the rest of us. Got shot #1, got appointment for Shot #2 on the way out after observation. I'm wondering about these huge, drive-by vaccination sites, how are they monitoring people for reactions after giving the shot? Is there a big parking lot they sit in for 15 minutes, or do people just drive off? As to the ickies, I think I thought myself into feeling that way just by watching so closely for any reaction.

SuQu--so you are a burbon gal. Glad to have you with us!

Minus--It absolutely amazes me that with so many more women surviving bc and with prophylactic mastectomies becoming more common with the advent of genetic testing that it is getting harder and harder to find a place that can do blood draws from feet or ankles. And it's the smaller places that are willing to do that, not the bigger ones! Makes me wonder if there's an epidemic of lymphedema brewing out there.

Illi--I bet you do feel more settled, and I'm glad to hear it! Sangria and ice cream, what a combo!

Reader--your sis sent a CASE of wine? Good sister!

Bourbon Cocktail

Bourbon Cocktail

• 1 1/2 ounces bourbon
    • 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
    • 1/4 ounce Bénédictine D.O.M.
    • 1/4 ounce Cointreau
    • Ice
    • Angostura bitters
    • Lemon twist, for garnish

Instructions:

1Place a cocktail glass in the freezer to chill.

2Combine the bourbon, lemon juice, Bénédictine, and Cointreau in a cocktail shaker and fill it halfway with ice. Shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is frosted. Strain into the chilled cocktail glass, top with a dash of bitters, and garnish with the lemon twist.

From <https://www.chowhound.com/recipes/bourbon-cocktail-29344>

• karen1956
    edited January 2021

Kim - Sorted through the office/spare bedroom - through out lots of junk, founds things that I didn't remember putting in the room, found a small box of stuff that is from my son's best friend under the futon - his late mother was my bff - will package everything up - a lot of photos and mail to him, BUT I NEVER found what I was looking for. Question is, where did I put it!!! At least the room looks less cluttered. Will. have to keep looking, but it's for another time.

Back to work today - I start at the middle school coverage. Need to figure out who is on my caseload as it is now being split with one other person.

Time to jump in the shower and get ready for the day. Just finished an hour on my Cubii.

Have a great day.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited January 2021

43 minutes ago Chevyboy wrote:

Hi you guys! I have been MIA for so long from here! But for some reason I started looking around, and found all you goils in the Lounge! Appropriately enough!

And so many familiar names and faces! How fun, it's like coming home... Hah! And miss Cammi! Are you staying out of trouble...? Probably not... ... I read about you losing your friend.... I'm so sorry! It's never easy to lose people we love... so I'm sending a hug from me....

And no, I'm not either! (staying out of trouble) My latest fall was off the top of the 2-step stool, trying to organize a shelf in the top of a closet! So I stepped "down" but not on the last step... I apparently flailed on top of the end of the bed, onto the wooden board frame.... Now THAT hurt! So I tried to drag the rest of me off the floor, around the bed, and pulled myself up, and I think I just cracked a rib or two... Trying to take stuff, and use those icy-hot patches, and heat.

No Cammi, I wasn't out in the alley like last time, dancing with that pole at midnight, when I broke my femur... (when I told my Brother he said... "I thought that was a small furry animal!"

So since I'm probably the oldest one here, that means.... well it must mean something..... But I don't know what yet. I DO drink sometimes... You know what is good? We found little bottles of Margherita's at the grocery store!!! CAYMAN JACK !! Because I don't drink enough, or do we have anyone over, to buy all that stuff you need to make a homemade one!

I mean I can get into enough trouble, without drinking any more than I do!

So I'm going over 11 years gals! Time for a toast! See you next time! Heart

• JCSLibrarian
    JCSLibrarian Member Posts: 548
    edited January 2021

I am still very frustrated about this vaccination situation. I watched our interim head of the local public health agency attempt to explain things. It was a bunch of gobble-gook! There was a ‘secret’ drive through vaccination thing last Friday supposedly for first responders. Several friends (not first responders!) went and were able to get the first shot. They have no appointment or guidance on how to get the second shot. The interim head was apologetic. Also found out that South Carolina has the lowest amount of vaccine out of the 50 states. Fingers crossed, DH is able to get the shot on Thursday. Then the problem becomes will he get the second shot in the correct time frame???? I AM frustrated. I do not understand how this vaccination system needs to be any different from the regular flu vaccines. Is it because there truly is not enough and getting the second shot is going to be a crap shoot? Not to mention there is a strong possibility the disease fighting aspects of this vaccine do not last long enough to reach anything close to herd immunity?

I do watch basketball, football and NASCAR in an attempt to keep things as normal as possible. Not even sure what that is anymore. Baylor men played well last night and beat Kansas. South Carolina men play tonight if Covid doesn’t cancel it. Kids are coming for dinner, so will not be able to watch the entire game. Will be drinking a Pinot Noir with our London Broil

Has anyone other than famous people gotten both shots?

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2021

Yes, JCSL! Same here... and the ore websites that are supposed to let us know what is going on, .... don't! You can't get a straight answer, as to when, or where! And you are right! I read where the 2nd vaccine is supposed to happen within a time-frame from the first.... But as it stands now, they don't know when they will have that available.

And trying to contact my PCP is a joke! Finally got a form letter saying "Please do not call us about the vaccine:... We are not a federally-funded whatever, and not have it available. In other words your guess is as good as ours, and NO, we cannot help you.... So bother someone else. My Doc posted a picture of her getting the vaccine! Wonder if she will get the 2nd!

Maybe at 83 I am not old enough? Hah!

• goldie0827
    edited January 2021

SuQu, very kind of you, but you don't have to hide in a corner. Tell us a little about you. Where you live, kids, pets, anything you want to share. I'll make sure one of the Tattie Tenders keeps your glass full of Bourbon.

Minus2, I see you have 2 diagnosis. Was it a secondary or mets? Good to know you still have labs drawn. I dunno, for me, I just always had that inkling that it would rear it's ugly head again.

BG, how many treatments of Herceptin had you had before it affected your heart. Sangrian and ice cream, you go girl. We are just glad you can eat!

LOL Reader, "bourbon drinking lurker".

NM, good idea for the schools not to show the inauguration, but how sad for the reason. Sad state of affairs indeed. I'm surprised you're not more sore from all the poking you been doin! Certainly those waiting in parking lots are being monitored some how.

Karen, some progress, but sorry you haven't found what you are looking for. Certainly it will turn up at some point.

ED, is that you? Is it really you? I'm so excited! You fell? And "JUST" cracked a rib or two? Oh dear, I guess no sense going to the dr's, nothing they can do about that. Cami behave? What's the matter with you! She has her own schlew of men, coming by wee hours of the night, staying for hours, buying her gifts and giving her money. Now, what do you think? Yay on those 11 years. Sorry you are having trouble as well with the vax.

JCS, so sorry about all the frustration and getting that vax. I'm like you, what about the 2nd shot? Enjoy your dinner with the kids.

Leaving out of here 7 am tomorrow. I think this is another nerve conduction test for DH. Driving to Flag, 5 hours round trip. I think he has something Thursday too, but not sure. I'm suppose to go for my treatment on Monday, but traveling across the mountains, they are expecting 6+ inches of snow!

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 581
    edited January 2021

Wow Goldie - you are on the road driving so much. Be safe in the snow!

Nice to meet you SuQu.

• illimae
    edited January 2021

Goldie, I’ve been on Herceptin for 4 years, I think it’s about 60 infusions without a significant drop in EF, just a fluctuation of about 5% +/- but my infusion at the localish cancer center in El Paso when I was at the cabin in November was a bio similar called Kanjinti. Most people do fine but I’m an oddball and it seems this medication was not similar enough. Now I’m back on Herceptin and the folks in El Paso will need to ensure I only receive the real deal or I’ll have to make the 9 hour drive back to Houston every 3 weeks. So far, they are taking this seriously and working on approvals for the maintenance care. I will retain MDA as my primary and return for scans every few months.

• Chevyboy
    edited January 2021

YES little Goldilocks! Ed here! For all that can't figure THAT one out, it stands for "Eliszbeth Dahling"... That is a name I heard somewhere, and I wanted to adopt it as my own... so "Ed" for short... Hah!

YES! 11 years ago I had the BC surgery! And then 1 1/2 years after that I lost my hearing... just because of Tamoxifen. For some reason, a certain "gene" that I have caused a "small infarct".... (not fart) near my 8th cranial nerve... which is a stroke in the base of my brain, so it caused "profound" hearing loss... But I have worn hearing aids ever since. No problem.... at least I could fix that....

So many of you gals have gone through a lot more than me.... And Goldie, what treatment? Something I should know about? And take care of that Husband...... Later gators....