Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

how about drinking?

Options

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,820
    edited February 16
    Options

od Morning, Loungettes!

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy TGIF Day! Happy first day of freedom for me! I will admit it is feeling a bit odd to be getting up in a leisurely fashion and knowing I won't need to get up for work any more. Yesterday was a bit of a roller-coaster day emotionally. Did my last patient visit, had a surprise retirement party at the office, turned in my tablet, ID badge, and extra gear. Went to Wednesday, Women, and Wine get together, took the alarms off my phone (wake up alarms, meeting alarms, everything work related), stayed up late reading and watching TV. Knowing I don't have to get up and go to work anymore is just a bit weird, but I think I like it!

Karen-- I hope you get to the airport without difficulty. Strikes can create a lot of problems! Enjoy the grandbaby!

Goldie--Zoe was pretty funny and seems to be none the worse for the experience. Praying the aunti beas work really fast for you. It was so nice to not have the alarm go off this ayem. So far the puppers seem to be handling the change pretty well, they didn't try to get me up until almost 8 ayem! If getting packed to move is stressing you out, ,maybe the movers will do the packing for you?

Teka--YES!!

Retirement Martini

Friday's Drink: Richard Nixon & The Retirement Martini

From <>

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,607
    Options

NM, yay for retirement and happy birthday! I think it’s tomorrow, right?

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,935
    edited February 17
    Options

NM- saw your post you had to use up a couple vaca days at the end so you are officially done as of yesterday! Congrats on your retirement 🎉

• reader425
    reader425 Member Posts: 857
    Options

NM congratulations on a well earned retirement!! 👏

Goldie, glad you are home. I echo the "perhaps movers AND packers" if possible, idea. I just went through moving and it really was stressful, at least for me. I'm sorry we didn't get a bit more help.

Hello and keep warm and dry everyone else. This was a two- martini week for me. Tonight's is attached from when we had dinner with my brother, and the first is from earlier in the week and is called a French Kiss 💋

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,116
    Options

NM - echoing the congrats on your retirement. Hope you will take some time just for YOU before you start the sorting & moving chores. Happy Birthday if it's tomorrow. Love all the retirement drinks.

Goldie - I am so sorry you are being treated this way. Obviously of course there is a cause and someone just isn't taking the time to figure it out.

Jazzy - I loved the snow pictures. How well I remember that snow on the ground in town melted quickly.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,881
    Options

Wasn’t Sandy going on a trip somewhere. Hopefully that’s why we haven’t heard from her.

• jazzygirl
    Options

Today's handsome fellow from the spot I had brunch with a friend

• nativemainer
    Options

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Sunday Funday! I caught myself this morning thinking about what I needed to do before going to work tomorrow, then remembered, I don't go to work anymore! It was an incredible feeling of relief and freedom. I am no completely in control of my time, yeah! I did not realize how much my life revolved around the work schedule. I got signed up for a Medicare Part D plan, so that is all set and I am going to be spending way less on my prescriptions than I have been. I actually think I am going to be a lot better off health insurance-wise on Medicare than I was with commercial insurance!

Illi--officially my retirement date is Feb 19th. My last working day was Thursday the 15th due to having a couple of paid days off coming to me.

Jazzy--I was glad to get out of those last 2 days, sitting around waiting for something to do was driving me crazy!

Reader--thank you. Love the 2 martini week!

Minus--the plan for the next 10 -12 days is to declutter the house and figure out what needs doing to put it on the market. Then a 7 day western Caribbean cruise my cousin is treating me to, which is totally me time, then when I get home it will be time to start working on the house and seriously house hunting in NC. Once I get moved I plan to take a month to settle in, then think about what, if anything, I want to do going forward. Moving Mom to NC will be in there somewhere, too, but I am going to prioritize my move and then tackle hers. And I will have help with hers from my brother and SIL. My birthday is the 20th--Tuesday. That's how I chose the official retirement date of the 19th, my last day of being 64.

Morning, Wren!

Jazzy--handsome fella!

Future Freeze

• 1 1/2 oz Svedka Vodka
    • 1 oz Blue Curacao
    • 1/2 oz Lemon Juice
    • 4 oz Sprite

Mix all ingredients in shaker. Shake and strain into a martini glass.

From <>

https://whattodrink.com/recipe/future-freeze/

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,116
    Options

NM - ohhhh a cruise. Perfect way to retire. What are your ports of call on this cruise?

• jazzygirl
    Options

Happy birthday this week NM= enjoy your special day and first week of retirement!

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 7,876
    Options

Ditto to Jazzygirl's post. And Good Morning to all. Winter is visiting us again for a few days but we'll be up in the 70's before the week is over.

Goldie, supportive vibes for you as you pack to move.

• nativemainer
    Options

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Monday Monkey Day! While puttering around doing stuff yesterday I discovered by driver's license expires tomorrow. I would go get it renewed except that the DMV offices aren't open today due to President's Day. Oh well, I'll just have to be careful not to get pulled over until I get the new license, right?

Minus--we are stopping at Ocho Rios, Jamaica where we will be river tubing; Georgetown, Grand Caymen where we will are doing a catamaran sail to the stingray sandbar; and Cozumel, Quinta Roca, Mexico where we are doing a wine pairing and chocolate workshop. We are leaving out of Fort Lauderdale, and have massages booked for that afternoon. I am so looking forward to this trip!!!

Carole--stay warm!

Old Man Winter

INGREDIENTS

INSTRUCTIONS

In a mixing glass muddle cranberries, add all other ingredients, add ice and shake HARD. Double strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

From <>

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    Options

WallyCat, nothing has been mentioned about lymphedema. I will ask. Glorious snow....lol.

NM, sounds like you had a wonderful day, your last day at work. With the celebration and then WWW. I don't think the OCD in me would let me let someone else do my packing. My brother did some when he was here, and I'm having to redo it. He packed stuff that just should have been thrown out. He put stuff in a box that should have been wrapped, so as not to get damaged, etc. Hoping to see some pictures of your cruise.

Reader what's in the French Kiss, it looks yummy.

NM and BabyGirl, happy birthday to both of you.

GUESS WHERE I AM? My second home...in the darned hospital! Got up yesterday, emptied all my bags, like usual. Neither of the nephrostomies had much in them. Later I check them, and the left one has nothing in it. GREAT. Then I start to have kidney pain. The darn thing is clogged. This happened when my bother was here too and it was horrible. So right away I know I have to get to the hospital. I was given Dilaudid for pain. That stuff is amazing! By the time I got to my room, the nurse asked what I was there for, I told her. She say, you have drainage in that bag. WHAAAT? Somehow the tube unclogged itself and wha la, no pain! Kidney stone? Don't know. I was supposed to have surgery today to replace it, but now we don't know. But in the meantime, I'm NPO just in case. I also told them that I want something done with my leg. They just keep giving me different aunti beas! This started end of Nov. Come on people, obviously auntie beas are not the answer!

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,634
    Options

goldie, ENOUGH ALREADY!!! I'm so sorry! I am very thankful that the Dilaudid helped you pain. When is someone going to get your leg figured out? Yay for the NPO, "just in case." Not really, just my sick attempt at humor. I'm sending you gentle hugs and a kick in the ass to those who can't figure out why your leg is so swollen.

Carol

• jazzygirl
    Options

NM- mine expires next month with my birthday in March and my license expiring end of next month. Your note is making me go out an make an apt today at MVD so I get it done in time. I hope they are able to take you tomorrow to get er done.

Goldie- sending warm hugs your way sister. How hard this all is…..

Happy Presidents Day to anyone off today. I am not but hope you are enjoying the holiday if you work and have it as a federal holiday…..

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,073
    Options

NM, does Maine allow for online license renewals? In Colorado, unless you need to do a vision test or somewhat, you can take care of it all on the DMV website. I hope that's a convenient option for you.

• nativemainer
    Options

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Twofer Tuesday! Happy Birthday to me! Going to Mom's in a little bit, she's making a quiche for my birthday dinner. I know because she called me to get the recipe the other night. The one I wrote down for her has gotten lost. I'm beginning to be concerned about how many things Mom has "lost" in the last few months. Some things she uses all the time or always kept in the same place turn up missing. Sometimes she finds them later, often not. It's almost like things are being taken out of her place by someone, but I can't imagine why someone would take a hand written recipe or one hearing aid out of a pair, or a box of odd Christmas decorations, or one pair of earrings baffles me.

The puppers seem to be adjusting to a new schedule pretty well. I actually woke them up this ayem so I could go pee! At least I didn't wake up until it was light outside. No more getting up in the dark! Yeah!

Goldie--oh, no, not the hospital again?!?! Glad to hear the tube is draining again and the pain was promptly taken care of. Have they done any cultures on the leg? They may need to do that to find out what specifically is causing the infection and what Aunti Beas will actually work. Or rule out infection and get you one step closer to a real fix. I hear you about packing yourself. I suspect I will be that way, too. Not to mention I want to get rid of as much stuff as possible.

Carol--I agree 100%!

Jazzy--hmm, appointments at the DMV? Didn't realize there was such a thing. I'll look into that.

Miriandra--yes, Maine allows online renewals, but I need a vision test this time around, so can't do it on line this time. At least I don't have to juggle getting this done around working time!

Happy Birthday Tini:

• 1 1/2 oz cake vodka
    • 1 1/2 oz white creme de cacao
    • 1 oz amaretto
    • 1 oz whipping cream
    • 1/2 oz Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur
    • sprinkles

Wet the rim of your martini glass with either water or whipping cream, I used the whipping cream.  On a plate with a good pile of sprinkles, turn the rim of your martini glass through the pile of sprinkles pressing them onto the wet part of the rim of your glass.  Set aside.

In a shaker, add ice and all of the ingredients above excluding the sprinkles.  Shake up your mixture well.  Strain it into the middle of your cocktail glass, trying not to pour it on the sprinkle rim. To get the lines of color effect, sprinkle some sprinkles along the side and as they drop through, they'll leave a streak!

From <>

https://www.ayearofcocktails.com/2012/10/happy-birthday-tini-hbt.html

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,520
    edited February 20
    Options

1pm - update. Saw the doctor - I have Influenza A. Doctor Rx tamiflu and I'm off work another week. Now I go back on 02/28. Geeze, I'm tired of it all - seems like I just can't get a break!! Just when I started feeling good from the surgery, sinus infection and now this! Work is understanding. It turns out the person I'm covering for isn't leaving till 03/01 so no urgency. I'll try to connect with her on the 28th.

Happy birthday Kim!!!

We had a fantastic time with our granddaughter and kids. The baby turned 9 months while we were there. She has so much personality. Lots and lots of pictures. Weather was bitter cold in Toronto and snowed on Thursday. At night put my snow pants on to walk to stay warm.

Started getting sick again on Saturday - hacking away all day and not feeling good - worse each day. By yesterday afternoon running a fever. No fever so far this morning. Talked to the doctor later afternoon and he said to come in today. Waiting till office opens shortly to call. Coughing hurts, nose is running, head hurts when I cough. And I'm still on antibiotics. Today is day 8.

Tomorrow is back to work. Hope I feel decent. I have a 7:30 dental appointment that has been on the calendar for 4 months so will be arriving later to the school.

Nice weather in Denver - in the 60s today.

I need to renew my drivers license in May. Yes, in CO you can renew online but not after age 60 other wise its once every 10 years.

Have a great day

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,073
    Options

NM, congratulations on another successful trip around the sun!

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,634
    Options

karen, I'm sorry you've been sick. Yuck!

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,317
    Options

I'm okay and still in Chicago. We've been on the fence as to where to travel, and Union Health demands 2-3 MONTHS' notice for taking vacations longer than a couple of days. Bob's "retirement" (haha) work schedule means he never gets 2 days in a row off—on the rare occasions he gets the whole weekend, it's so short that by the time we'd get where we're going we'd have to turn around and go home. Next travel will likely be just me, to Mexico City in late March for the bar assn's CLE trip…if I stop dawdling and book it. Together, more likely in May or early June—Spain.

Happy birthdays to all I've missed. Lori, I hope they can figure out what's wrong with your leg and resolve it soon. Wallycat, hugs for what you & your DH are going through—hope he gets an optimal surgical result that doesn't negatively impact QOL. Karen, flu after all else you've been going through? Oy. What I will say is that I felt worse with flu A in Nov. than I did from strep and either of my COVID bouts. I was anorexic for a couple of days (I can afford that, you can't). Hope the Tamiflu kicks in soon. When the fever finally breaks all the way, it's a fantastic relief. Kim, congrats on retirement; and Miriandra, high five for the win!! Sorry if I've missed anyone.

Don't know how far back in this thread I mentioned it, but on Jan. 19 I went on Zepbound (a GLP-1 drug). Same as the T2D drug Mounjaro but prescribed for weight loss. My endocrinologist put me on it when I went in for my annual osteoporosis visit, and she insisted on weighing me: 183! Ouch—courtesy of the "food noise" from all the stresses & bereavements, leading me to plowing through candies & cookies late at night after being keto-perfect all day. She hasn't seen my a1c & glucose numbers since Oct., but I was definitely over the "obesity" BMI line so I was eligible (no labs nec. till my April weight mgmt NP appt.). Have had to go from near-keto to Mediterranean. I will have to be on it for life…but at 73, that doesn't seem insurmountable, especially if it normalizes my relationship with food and keeps me mobile.

Down 18 lbs. the first month—getting back into some of my Chico's size 1s, putting the 3s back in storage. No desire to cheat at all—I can watch a candy commercial, think "that looks good," then decide I neither need nor want it. It's a challenge getting 1200 cal/day with reduced (but not suppressed) appetite—still shunning sugar, but decreasing sat. fats in favor of putting protein (animal and plant) up front. Trying to get used to being "allowed" to eat a wider variety of fruit and whole grains. The bowl of Halloween candy on the dining room table looks like decor to me.

And my desire for alcohol is absent. If I'm having a meal for which a certain wine will be perfect, I drink it but rarely finish it (until tonight, last alcohol was 2/3 of a flute of brut rosé at Valentine's Day). My DsOTD have been water, coffee, tea and protein shakes. Tonight, because I made trout and in memory of Heidi—Christopher 2020 Zeller Schwartze Katz. Poured 3 oz, and when I was done with my food I was done with the wine.

So every now & then I will be coming up for air and surfacing here. I'll be hanging out on the "Older" thread (when not down the Reddit rabit hole).

• carolehalston
    Options

Sandy, I "see" you here and on the oldies forum and the foodies forum. So when you go missing, you're missing! LOL. Good luck to you on your weight loss while staying healthy journey.

I met with my plastic surgeon who did my reconstruction almost 15 years ago. He definitely thinks the ruptured implant should be removed and favors replacing both implants. Either using the same pockets behind the pectorals or creating a new pocket in front of the muscles. My decision. He favors the 2nd. It's an outpatient surgery and he said I should be going about my daily routine in a few days without doing anything strenuous. My daily routine is pretty much a lazy person's routine these days.

My dh continues to suffer with his right jaw or face. Eating and drinking and even talking are painful. He tries not to complain but it's impossible not to see the misery. The oral surgeon who extracted the wisdom tooth is staying in contact with dh and is tending to believe that the pain is not and maybe was never related to the wisdom tooth. I'm hoping he will have some advice going forward toward a diagnosis.

So that's what's happening at our house.

Happy Wednesday.

• nativemainer
    Options

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Hump Day! I got sidetracked this ayem on the AARP site playing games, I'm going to need to look out for that, I could waste a lot of time playing games on the computer! Had a pretty nice day with Mom yesterday. It was interesting when I was talking about the upcoming cruise, and she swears I never said anything about when it was going to be until yesterday. Sigh. I know I told her before when I was going. She also wanted me to stop by her place on the way to the airport so she could drive my Jeep back to her place, then she would meet me at the airport when I got home to avoid parking costs. I told her no, I didn't want her driving my Jeep because she wouldn't be able to get in and out of it without help, wouldn't be able to sit up high enough to see the road, she doesn't drive after dark (both trips would be in the dark) and she shouldn't be driving at all because of her eyesight. She got a bit huffy and asked me how I know how she drives, I haven't ridden with her in a long time. I told her I stopped riding with her because it was getting too scary. This morning she calls, same conversation, if I don't think she should be driving I should call the police and have them take her license away, and I can't possibly know how she drives since I haven't ridden with her in a long time, she's very careful when she drives because of her age, and no one else has ever said anything to her about her driving, so I must be wrong, and I will be partly responsible if something does happen if I don’t call the police and report her. Sometimes family dynamics are so much fun!

Karen--sorry to hear you got caught by the flu. I hear Tamiflu works really well. So glad you had a good time with the grandbaby and family. Maine has online license renewals, but I need a vision test due to my age, so I have to go in for this one.

Miriandra--thanks! My brother sent me a note saying "Congratulations on getting this old"!

Morning, Sunshine!

Chi--wow, it sounds like managing your diet is a full time job!

Carole--decisions, decisions, when do we ever get to stop having to make decisions? I feel so badly for your DH. I hope he finds some relief from the pain ASAP.

The Jaw Cocktail

Mixed Drink Recipe from Cocktail Builder

1 oz of grenadine syrup

3 oz of spiced rum

12 oz of Ginger ale

2 oz of southern comfort peach liqueur (or peach liqueur)

Mix them all together in a tall glass, and serve.

From <>

https://www.cocktailbuilder.com/recipe/the-jaw

• goldie0827
    Options

Sunshine, your "sick sense of humor" is most welcomed here. I always say, you gotta laugh about things!

NM, I hope mom remembered to make the quiche! I imagine it will take you a bit to get used to not having to get up for work anymore! But such a good feeling! No cultures have been done on my leg. I made an appt. at my DMV for my DL, but when I got there, I still ended up standing in line. Oh dear, re: mom and her driving. Does she have any doctor appts. coming up, where you could mention it to the doc and he could talk to her about it? Such a scary situation. So glad my mom quit driving when she knew she shouldn't, same with my MIL.

Karen, those times visiting with family go by too quickly! I did not realize you had been sick and now sick again. I hope you feel better soon. Pretty sure it's hitting you harder than what it would have in the past.

Sandy, good luck with the weight loss. Hopefully you will be feeling better mentally soon.

Carol, why not stay under the muscle, that already has a pocket? I hope the oral surgeon can figure things out for DH.

Wally, how is your DH managing? And you as well? Besides your heart breaking for him.

So, I am home. They released me early enough that I was able to get chemo before heading home. They did more ultra sounds and a CT (which was for the nephrostomy). Which I mentioned ealier that it unclogged itself some how. The CT did show that there was no more spreading of the cancer, so that was good news. The diagnosis this time came for ID (infectious disease) doctor, what a sweetie she is! She thinks my leg issues are being cause as a SE from my chemo. The first one I had was Oct 30, the second one was Nov. 6. I started showing symptoms the end of Nov. MO is not buying it! He says he's given that drug for over 20 years and has never seen this. Well, maybe I'm the rare case? Anyways, ID doctor said the last time she saw me my leg was red and swollen, this time no redness. But I have not had chemo in over 2 weeks. So she wants me to watch it and call her if it starts turning red. So, at least I have something to go on. Whether or not that's the issue, time will tell. They also called to schedule me for lymphadema therapt, so another trip down to Phoenix. I should just move there!!! I'm also thinking I will need another blood transfusion next week, as my hemoglobin is dropping again. Also my body tells me it's time.

• wallycat
    wallycat Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

Hi, ladies.

Sandy, congrats on your success with the new med. May it continue.

Goldie, I hope the red and pain don't return and YAY that the chemo is arresting further cancer. Small victories.

Carole, so very sorry for DH's pain. My DH had a head/jaw CT that showed a nerve pressing on his trigeminal nerve. We thought the pain was from that. Turned out it was the infection and osteonecrosis.

DH has had virtually no pain; mild throbbing that tylenol is taking care of. I worry there may be more infection showing up. We have to go back to Seattle for a follow up in a few weeks. Dread the trip but grateful DH is being monitored. We see his onco on the 27th. He's slowly regaining his strength post surgery…such as his strength is these days.

I'm probably drinking more wine than I ought to but life is short and that is staring me in the face.

NM, continued enjoyment of your retirement!!

• carolehalston
    Options

Goldie, YAY on the cancer not spreading! You have such a great personality when dealing with all that you're dealing with. Goodness knows what you were like pre cancer. I agree that using the same pockets for the implants seems like the easier recovery. Thanks for saying that.

NM, I also am enjoying your retirement. I think you should keep a journal on your communication with your mom. You might have a best seller.

Wally, such a great thing that your dh is not having pain. I almost hate to ask. Is the neighbor still being a pain in the butt?

It's a gorgeous day here. I went out at 11:30 and played 9 holes of solo golf. I played two balls and took the best score. I know. That's cheating! So please don't tell. I would have played more holes but the going got slow with men playing in front of me.

• reader425
    reader425 Member Posts: 857
    Options

Good yo hear your news Goldie. Yes, small victories ✌️

Carole, I love that you played solo golf. I swam some laps today. And agree NM, you have a best- seller waiting to be written!

My dad was a bit of a character all his life. At the end of his life he had a home care aide come very late. He opened the door and said: " Who are you? Why are you here? I don't need you now. I needed you an hour ago." And slammed the door. Of course brother and I had to do lots of damage control, explaining there was an accident on the interstate that delayed her, calling the agency, etc. She was more good natured about it than we were. We used to say about dad that his toughness was how he stormed Normandie and fought the Battle of the Bulge. But yikes.

Mexican food last night included a delicious Red Sangria. 😋

• nativemainer
    Options

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Thirsty Thursday! I feel like I don't have much to say today. Yesterday was a nice day at home, puttering around the house, cuddling with the puppers, playing games on the computer. Nothing exciting, but very relaxing.

Goldie--Mom did remember to make the quiche, sort of. She was working on it when I got there, getting ready to chop some onion but couldn't find the manual chopper gizmo she wanted to use. She has arthritis in her hands and shoulders and had a hard time things like that. So I found the electric chopper and chopped the onion and garlic while she was on the phone with a friend. Then I put it together and put it in to bake while she was looking for a chocolate pudding recipe. A particular recipe, in a particular cook book that she couldn't find in her collection of cook books. It's actually been this way for a while, she can cook but it takes her a very long time due to her not being able to stand for a long time due to back issues and getting sidetracked. She's been known to start fixing lunch at 11 ayem and finishing at 3 or 4 peeyem. When she wants to cook for me I make a point of getting there in time to help fix it. Mom does have appointments coming up, but she will not bring up driving to any of her docs, and so far she hasn't let me go with her. She says if there's any reason she shouldn't drive one of her docs will tell her. I don't blame her for not wanting to give driving up. But it's not a fight I'm going to fight with her. I just won't ride with her driving. And I won't accept responsibility for her choices. If she gets in an accident, it's because SHE chooses to drive, not because I don't call the police! She is so good at shifting responsibility and making me feel guilty, but I'm not having it this time. Glad to hear you are home. I'm not surprised the MO doesn’t buy into the leg problem as a chemo side effect. If he hasn't seen that effect, it just can't be possible, right? After all, he is the specialist! It will be interesting to see what happens. Great news on the CT!

Wally--glad your DH isn't having pain and the discomfort he is having is easily managed.

Carole--hmm, good idea about keeping a journal of Mom encounters, thanks! It would make for an interesting book, or blog or something. I don't see how taking the best of the two balls while golfing by yourself is cheating, it's your score either way!

Reader--oh my, your Dad sounds like quite a character! That scenario happens pretty frequently in home care. As people's worlds get smaller, little things become bigger in their minds. Understandable, but yes, yikes.

The Guilty

Ingredients

Vodka 2oz

Lemonade 8.45oz

WKD blue 16.91oz

Raspberry liqueuer 2oz

Method

Serves 1 · Takes 3 minutes

Pour two shots of vodka and two shots of Raspberry Sourz into a pitcher

Pour in the WKD Blue and the lemonade

Add ice, stir and serve

From <> https://makemeacocktail.com/cocktail/5366/the-guilty

• goldie0827
    Options

WallyCat, I'll take any victories, small or large! After all, just 3 months ago, I was given weeks to months to live! Praying for no further infection for your DH.

NM, your sweet momma! As for not going with her to the doctor, could you call him/her and tell them that she really shouldn't be driving and perhaps they could do something going that route? I'm sure the quiche was yummy, since you made it yourself! I was actually hoping the MO was wrong. That would at least give me an answer as to what is going on with my leg. It is NOT any kind of infection, as I have been on tons of auntie bees.

Carol, good for you taking 2 balls golfing, and who cares what your score was? Were you going to win something, does it get recorded somewhere???? I say "cheat away"!

Reader, glad you were able to explain to your dad, the situation.

They called me yesterday to make an appt. for lymphedema therapy. I'll go one time, but most likely that's it. That just adds another trip to Phoenix for me, if I can't coordinate it with other appts. I can sure tell my hemoglobin is low, I think I took 4 naps yesterday! Can't wait to get a blood transfusion!!!

• wallycat
    wallycat Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

Carole, the ugly neighbors are not breaking any laws (for now) so I am trying to ignore them. They are pure evil. I've never met adults that act this childish. I wish they developed horrible health issues so they would see perspective but not my circus, not my monkeys.