Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

how about drinking?

Options

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,815
    Options

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Sunday Funday! Waking up to rain this ayem, but at least it's isn't as cold as it has been. Looks like all the snow is now melted off and mud season is beginning. Time to put out the suet feeder for the birds and start looking for the hummingbird feeders to clean up and get ready to go out in a month or so. I totally confused myself this ayem. I have 2 clocks that show the day and time, one in the bedroom and one in the living room. When I changed the time on the bedroom clock I messed up the day of the week, and it was telling me today is Saturday, when I thought it was Sunday. Was totally confused and reminding myself to get a calendar put up so I can cross of days and keep myself straight when I realized it was the clock that was off, not me! So that's one chore to do today.

Carole--We do eat lobster fairly regularly, but that's because we can buy lobster at boat prices rather than retail prices. Meaning we buy directly from the fishermen, paying what they get paid, which is usually around $3 a pound. Rarely do we buy retail, which right now is low at around $17 a pound. Prices are going to be going up, though, as more and more fishermen are being forced out of business by the cost of complying with regulations and limitations on fishing grounds and times. I love steamed clams with butter, but can't really eat them in chowder or any other way. It's been a long time since I've done a real clam bake at the shore.

Reader--where in Maine are you thinking of visiting?

Goldie--I was surprised Mom got the recall stuff right, too! Wow, scary neighbor stories. There was a shooting/murder locally recently, a teenage son shot his father during an argument. This kind of thing seemed to never happen in Maine, except maybe in Portland or Lewiston from time to time, but now seem to be happening pretty regularly. I hope you and your brother are having a good visit.

Morning, Minus!

Chi--beautiful, but a bit early? Congrats on the weight loss! Sounds like you are handling the diet and digestive changes really well. Good for you! Hugs for the kitties memories.

Misty--I was expecting to spend more time with Mom once I retired. I am lucky to have her still, and keep that in mind all the time. I do love her even though she drives me crazy sometimes! I am hoping things will fall into a bit of a routine with visits and such. Giving it time to work itself out.

Karen--WOW! How neat that your grandmother won that title! And in OOB of all places! Love the pee cup story, usually there is an actual incident behind stories like that. Your grandmother was beautiful! My Mom lived for a while in OOB when she was a child. Thanks for sharing! No wonder you love Maine!

Not a typical DOTD, but I couldn't resist:

Maine Lobster Cocktail

INGREDIENTS

Fresh Picked Maine Lobster Meat

12 OUNCES CUT INTO BITE SIZE PIECES

Lettuce

4 LEAVES OR MORE AS NEEDED

Lemon Wedge

(GARNISH)

Parsley

CHOPPED (GARNISH)

Spicy Cocktail Sauce

1 CUP (RECIPE BELOW)

Cocktail Sauce

Horseradish

1 CUP

Ketchup

1½ CUPS PLUS 2 TABLESPOONS

Fresh Lemon Juice

1 TABLESPOON

Worcestershire Sauce

1 TABLESPOON

DIRECTIONS

Step 1:

Arrange lettuce leaves on four chilled plates. Top with 3 ounces of fresh Maine Lobster and spoon cocktail sauce on the side. Garnish with lemon wedge and chopped parsley.

Step 2: Cocktail Sauce

Combine all ingredients and mix well.

From <> https://lobsterfrommaine.com/recipe/maine-lobster-cocktail/

Personally, I can't stand this dish because of the horseradish and the cayenne people usually put in the sauce. The way to eat lobstah is picked from the shell, dipped in melted buttah.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    Options

Karen, what a fun story about your grandmother. Wish you had a picture of it. Do you have one of the two of them? "The pee cup" LOL. I see you posted a pic of grandma. Your DD2, IMO, looks like her. Very pretty too.

Homemom, 88 already! I'm with Karen at 75 being poyfect. I guess temp wise, I'd say CA has the best. But I couldn't deal with everything else in CA.!

NM, $3.00 a lb for lobster? You luck duck! ALWAYS a good visit with family. But it's more about helping me and getting me packed. I just can't hardly do anything anymore, practically an invalid. Nothing wrong with changing up our DOTD. We can choose our own libation to go with it. And I think I want buttah for my lobsta, never had it with cocktail sauce. I don't mind horseradish and like cocktail sauce with shrimp cocktail. Just like Teka. Oh, and buttah for my crab legs, warm crab legs. I don't think I've ever had cold crab, not counting something like a crab dip, which are yummy too!

No change for me today, everything is the same. In Nov. I was given weeks to months to live. Well, I'm almost at 4 months, in 2014 I was given 1-2 years. I guess I'm beating my odds. I'll take it!

• goldie0827
    Options
  • homemom
    homemom Member Posts: 830
    Options

LOVE the 70's. 75 or below to the mid to upper 60's is my kind of winter. We pay for it though from April through December.

Would love to own something small in the Smokey's for the hottest months and then come back down here in December/ January.

Had a glass of wine last night with my pizza for the first time in a month. It was an Italian wine, organic, from Trader Joe's. Love that place

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,294
    Options

Lori, so sorry about your neighbors. As to getting another kitty, we'll wait till after we return from our eclipse-chasing trip next month.

Karen, I strongly suggest you get fitted for a Somnodent appliance (a mouthguard fitted by your dentist from impressions of your teeth). It pulls your jaw forward enough to open your airway. I had to give mine up once I had my teeth straightened; by then I'd lost enough weight that I no longer snored. (Sleep study noted "multiple small awakenings" but no pauses in breathing—I have to roll over every time one nostril fills up). I don't think Medicare will cover it the way they will a CPAP or BIPAP, but your dental insurance (if any) might.

Kim, IMHO if you need anything more than a rock and a toothpick to eat lobster, you don't really like lobster!

• nativemainer
    Options

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Monday Monkey Day! Waking up to sunshine and frost and black ice warnings this ayem. I am really getting to like this waking up on my own and not having to get right out of bed. The ayem cuddle time with the puppers is so nice. The puppers seem to like it, too.

Teka--I don’t care for the taste of shrimp, but lobstah and crab, yum!!!

Goldie--I'm a big fan of crab rolls, warm or cold, and crab legs dipped in melted buttah. The body meat is sweeter and there is quite a bit of it, but it takes work to get at it, so I'd rather buy it already picked than pick it myself. Crab cakes made without cayenne, pepper, chili and the like are wonderful but very hard to find, and too much work to make for myself. I checked with Mom and found out boat price for lobster is actually about $5 a pound right now. IF anybody has some to sell, that is! You certainly are beating the odds, aren't you? Just another example of how statistics only apply to groups, not to individuals.

LOL at the wind at your back!

Homemom--what kind of wine did you have?

Chi--Love the rock and toothpick comment! And I have eaten lobster using a rock on more than one occasion. Pliers work well, too. Growing up I remember cracking nuts at Christmas time with lobster claw crackers. I was so surprised to find out other people called them nutcrackers!

I almost missed St. Patrick's Day:

Shamrock Juice Cocktail

Ingredients

• 1/2 ounces gin
    • 1/2 ounces white tequila
    • 1/2 ounces light rum
    • 1/2 ounces vodka
    • 1 ounce Blue Curacao
    • 4 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice

Instructions

1. Fill a hurricane glass or parfait glass with ice.
    2. Pour in the liquors and top off with the orange juice.
    3. Garnish with an orange wheel and cherries.

From <>

https://mixthatdrink.com/shamrock-juice/

• reader425
    reader425 Member Posts: 849
    Options

NM we tend to gravitate to the York Beach, Wells, and other southerly areas since DH family owned property at YB when he was growing up and he summered there often. Memories. We also got engaged at the foot of the Nubble lighthouse. I would like to go north sometime, for example I think Andrew Wyeth the artist had a place in Maine that is now open to visitors. Any suggestions are welcome! We've also been to Portland but that's about it so far.

Hi everyone else! That was long-winded so I'll leave it there.

We have an old friend visiting this week, so we had Apothic Red wine with our white bean chicken chili and cornbread. Not a food match but who cares - tasty. 😁🍷

• nativemainer
    Options

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Twofer Tuesday! Mom called yesterday, her car was making a funny noise so she didn't want to drive it until she could get it fixed, wanted to know if I could pick her up and take her home if the car had to stay overnight. Which, of course, I could and would. So she calls her mechanic, takes the car in, and there's nothing wrong except a piece of plastic that broke off and was bouncing around inside the frame. She can't hear the TV or hear on the phone well, but she can hear a piece of plastic bouncing around. Shaking my head. Gotta love the Momma!

Happy First Day of Spring!

Reader--you might want to consider the Baxter State Park/Moosehead Lake area in central Maine to see another side of the state--lakes and Katahdin Mountain, lots of wilderness and preserves. The Farnsworth Art Museum in Rockland has a large Andrew Wyeth collection, The Olson House is a National Historic Landmark nearby and owned by the Farnsworth Museum and open to the public. Wyeth's grave is on the Olson House property. I've had Apothic Red wine, it's pretty good for a red wine. As you probably know I'm a fan of white and rose wines over reds. And I ignore the traditional wine-food pairing, I drink what I like with what I eat and enjoy myself!

Good Morning to everyone!

Springs First Bloom

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 ounces Hendrick’s gin
    • 1/2 ounce St-Germain liqueur
    • 3/4 ounce lemongrass-infused simple syrup (recipe below)
    • 3/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
    • 1 dash lavender bitters
    • 1 egg white
    • Garnish: mint or microgreen leaf

Steps

1. Add the Hendrick’s gin, St-Germain, lemongrass-infused simple syrup, lemon juice, lavender bitters, and egg white into a shaker and vigorously dry-shake (without ice).
    2. Add ice and shake again until well-chilled.
    3. Double-strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a cocktail glass.
    4. Garnish with a single mint or microgreen leaf.
    5. For lemongrass-infused simple syrup: Combine 4 cups granulated sugar and 4 cups water and stir until the sugar dissolves completely. Remove the outer layer from 6 lemongrass stalks, and slice off and discard the ends. Cut the stalks into small pieces and combine with the sugar mixture in a blender, pulsing until the lemongrass is finely chopped. Let stand for one hour, then strain and discard solids. Will keep, refrigerated and tightly sealed, for up to 1 week.

From <>

https://www.liquor.com/recipes/springs-first-bloom/

• goldie0827
    Options

NM, I think it's a good thing that mom heard that and decided not to drive, instead of not hearing it, or ignoring it, and do nothing, and then have it turn out to be something serious. I can tell how much you are enjoying retirement! It probably still hasn't sunk in completely.

Teka, love the "pussy" willow, very cute!

Nothing to report here. Not sure if I mentioned or not, but my brother is staying until April 2. Movers will be here March 30 or 31, so he will be here for that, which is wonderful. Of course I still have pain, which is not consistent, it comes and goes. Some worse than others. I can deal with that! As long as I stay out of the hospital!

"Tis 2 for Twosday, so I thought I would post another DOTD. I would SO try one of these! And it's SO pretty!
    Tropical Strawberry Hibiscus Rum Spitz

Ingredients

2 tablespoons dried hibiscus flowers
    1 teaspoon honey
    8 fresh mint leaves
    1/2 a lime, quartered
    1/4 cup mango, pineapple, or passion fruit juice
    1/4 cup coconut water
    2 ounces rum
    sparkling water, for topping
    2 strawberries, sliced

Instructions

1. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium size pot. Remove from the heat, add the hibiscus flowers and 1-2 teaspoons honey. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain into a pitcher and discard the hibiscus flowers.
    2. In a tall glass, muddle the lime and mint leaves. Add a handful of crushed ice, the mango juice, coconut water and the rum, gently mix to combine. Pour sparkling water over top to about 3/4 the way up the glass. Add the sliced strawberries and top with hibiscus tea.
      DRINK.

A local feed/nursery store here actually had this up on their sign last year. Every week they change it up.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,066
    Options

Colorado seems to get more snow in spring than in winter. Our neighborhood hosts a huge Easter egg hunt every year. This pic is from about 6 years ago - the kids were egg hunting up to their ankles in snow!

• nativemainer
    Options

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Hump Day! We're waking up to a winter storm warning this ayem, in place for this evening through Thursday ayem, with 3 to 6 inches being the current prediction. Happy first full day of spring! These spring storms can be ferocious. At least I don't have to go anywhere in it!

LOL, Teka! I wish I could find some pussy willows to cut and bring in the house.

Goldie--I am glad mom heard that sound and got it checked out, too. Much better than the alternative! I think you are right about retirement not fully sinking in yet. Glad to hear your brother can stay and help with the movers. Praying you stay out of the hospital, too. That DOTD is beautiful, I'd love to try one with you! I feel the same way about spring cleaning. Love the sign! It made me giggle.

Miriandra--Easter egg hunting in the snow, what a picture!

I'd have to make this one without the jalapeno so I don't get blisters in my mouth!

Spring n Stormy

Ingredients

• 1.5 oz Rum
    • ½ oz Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
    • 2 oz Ginger Beer
    • 2 Strawberry Sliced 1 for garnish
    • 3 thin slices of Jalapeno

Instructions

1. Muddle 1 sliced strawberry with 2 thin slices of jalapeno in your glass.
    2. Fill your glass or copper mug with ice.
    3. Add Rum, lemon and top with Ginger beer.
    4. Garnish with Strawberry slice and remaining Jalapeno slice

From <> https://www.liqculture.com/spring-stormy/

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,616
    Options

Good morning, my lovelies. Nothing much to say. Am waiting to hear the results of yesterday's MRI.

Happy Wednesday!

Carol

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,103
    Options

Goldie - when your brother leaves, will you be going with him? I'm assuming someone up there will receive the furniture. What are you going to do about changing doctors?

• goldie0827
    Options

Miriandra, what a cute picture of the eggs in the tree with the snow.

NM ha ha, I'll share a Spring n Stormy with you, also minus the jalapeno! So glad you don't have to go anywhere due to the storm.

Sunshine, hoping for good MRI reports. I know you will let us know.

Minus, I am not going with my brother. My plans are to be there when the movers get there. I have an ocologist I'm considering, and due to where things are with me, I guess I'm not too concerned with it and I'm sure my current MO will help me. Maybe when I'm in MI when the movers get there, I can further investigate.

Had to make a turn and burn trip to ER in Phoenix yesterday. Suture came off the tube of my right nephrostomy. I certainly didn't need that coming out of my kidney. They ended up replacing both, as the left was looking very angry and red. Lots of crusty sediment and hurt like hail when they pulled it out. Ended up getting sick no sooner after I got home in bed. Too much jostling on my dirt road! Today wil be a recoup day!

• sunshine99
    Options

Oh, goldie, yuck! I'm so sorry you had such a rough day.

Stay safe out there, everyone. The weather is certainly strange. Still waiting on MRI report. I usually hear right away, so of course I'm thinking the worst.

Carol

• nativemainer
    Options

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy TGIF day! I woke up yesterday ayem to 6 inches of snow, still coming down, no internet. The snow stopped mid ayem, but the internet didn't come back until early evening. It was heavy, wet snow, so the dish probably got filled up and had to wait for the wind to blow it off before it could connect again. So I spent most of the day reading with puppers in my lap. At least I was warm all day! It's supposed to be clear most of the day today, but there is another winter storm warning up for tomorrow early ayem into Sunday ayem. Another 3 to 6 inches predicted. Welcome to spring in Maine!

Good Morning, Minus!

Goldie--I'm thinking these Maine winters aren't really so bad if I don't have to go out and drive around in the snow! Sorry to hear about the nephrostomy tube suture breaking, but glad you didn't end up getting admitted. And that the jostling made you sick. Not fun.

Sunshine--praying for a good MRI report and very soon. Waiting is so hard.

Snow in Spring

Ingredients:

• 1½ oz gin
    • ½ oz white vermouth
    • Juice of half a lime
    • 1 tsp simple syrup, optional, to taste
    • Tonic water, for topping
    • Citrus wheel, for garnish

How to Make It: 

Into a rocks glass filled with ice, place citrus wheel along the side of the glass. Add gin, vermouth, lime, and optional simple syrup. Stir gently to combine. Top with tonic water.

From <> https://www.thewinesisters.com/blog/post/cocktail-recipe-snow-in-spring

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,514
    Options

Hugs Lori

Kim - we have snow coming but nothing like the last storm. After March I'm done with snow!

Sunshine - hope you hear good news soon.

It's been a LONG 3 weeks! After 6 weeks FMLA, these were long 3 weeks getting to spring break. Since I don't work Fridays, I'm officially on spring break. We go back April 2nd. Looking forward to the time off. Want to putter in the house next week.

• nativemainer
    Options

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Saturday! Waking up to more snow, but not the heavy, wet kind, so I still have internet connection for now. I think there is more snow on the ground now than there has been all winter. Lots of things cancelled for today with cancellations starting yesterday afternoon. This one is supposed to last through the day today. The puppers didn't seem super enthused with the snow, but also didn't seem super bothered.

Karen--I'm usually done with snow by the middle of January. That's plenty as far as I'm concerned! I bet it was a long time getting to spring break. Glad you made it and have a chance to rest up a bit again!

Good Morning to everyone!

Happy Snowy Spring

· 1oz Martin Miller’s Reformed Dry Gin

· .5oz fresh lemon Juice

· 1.5oz fresh honeydew juice

· ¼oz  Clover Honey Syrup (here’s a recipe)

· 1 dash Regan’s No. 6 Orange Bitters

·Shake, pour and add sliced cucumber as garnish. Eff the snow.

From <>

https://www.endlesssimmer.com/2015/03/20/cocktail-ocock-happy-snowy-spring/

• sunshine99
    Options

Good news on the PET scan. My current treatment appears to be working and they're seeing improvement in the osseous metastatic disease. Maybe it's the new drug combined with a little more wine.

Happy Saturday!

Carol

• goldie0827
    edited March 23
    Options

NM, sorry about all the snow….yuck. At least you can stay home.

Sunshine, that is awesome news! The wine surely can't hurt.

Love having my brother here. He keeps things cleaned up, cooks and waits on me hand and foot. However, we have don't NO packing what so ever. He spends all day working 😔.

• cowgirl13
    cowgirl13 Member Posts: 774
    Options

I'm a lurker here - do not drink - but I love reading this thread. Just wanted you to know that this is a great thread and I enjoy reading this so much. Lots of fun and caring.

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 7,856
    Options

Welcome, cowgirl. The women on this thread make it a great place to come. Such fun personalities despite health challenges.

My implant replacement surgery on Tuesday is getting closer. I have two prescriptions I'm to start using today. One is a little bottle of liquid and I'm to use a Qtip and swish around each nostril twice two times a day. The other is a mouthwash and I'm to use it for 30 seconds and spit out, also twice a day. Both procedures for 5 days. This is the first time I've used either of these "products" before and after a surgery. They must be new to the situation.

So far I'm nervous but not terrified, maybe thanks to the Effexor I take daily since bc disrupted my life.

It's a lovely spring day. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. NM, Maine was on the news last night with the heavy snow fall.

• wallycat
    wallycat Member Posts: 1,263
    Options

Cowgirl, welcome!

Goldie, how great to have a caring brother/family to be there.

SUnshine, great news on the treatment working…I agree, it is probably addition of the wine ;-)

• mistyeyes
    mistyeyes Member Posts: 570
    Options

Welcome cowgirl13! Glad you popped on.

goldie, glad you brother is taking good care of you. It's pretty hard to compete with his work to get him to pack for you. It is close to time for your movers.

Sunshine, glad for the positives results, maybe you should suggest the doctor to give this wine out with the medicine.

Carole- that is different pre surgery preps . I guess they are going to catch any germs in your nose and mouth before it gets further. I hope everything goes well for you and you have an easy recovery.

• nativemainer
    Options

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Monday Monkey Day! I was just listening to the latest weather prediction for the area. Today will be ok, but then freezing rain, sleet, possibly snow coming in for the rest of the week. Yuck. We really do not need all that on top of 6+ inches of snow on the ground. I'd rather have mud! Oh well, at least I don't have to go out if I don't want to. The puppers were funny this ayem, there is a crust on top of the snow, so Colt tends to break through from time to time and end up faceplanting, Zoe runs along until she breaks through and then goes top over teakettle until she ends up back on her feet again. It's actually hilarious at times!

Carole--the nasal swab and mouthwash sound like a MRSA preventative. I had to do the same thing before a procedure once due to being a healthcare worker and so assumed to be exposed to and/or colonized with MRSA (most healthcare workers are, occupational hazard). Praying for smooth sailing tomorrow with the replacement procedure. I'll be in your pocket! Yeah, Maine got the tail end of the big storm that came across the country, hoping to miss out on the next one.

Morning, Wally, Misty!

The Hazard

40 ml Rittenhouse Rye

20 ml Fussigny Selection Cognac

10 ml Dom Benedictine

5 ml Maple syrup

2 Dashes Scrappy chocolate bitters

Stir and serve in double old fashioned glass and large cube with a cherry.

From <>

https://cocktailsofcopenhagen.dk/the-hazard/

• goldie0827
    Options

Peeps MacDoodle, checking in!

Carol, how odd about the nostril swiping and mouthwash you have to take pre-op! I've never heard of such a thing either. We will, of course, be in your pocket tomoree. What kind of cocktail can we sneak into your IV? Any surgery will make one nervous. I just always hope I wake up!

Minus, movers are supposed to be here March 30/31. I hope the weather cooperates, with NO precipitation and muddy roads. Otherwise, I don't think they would make it in.

Cowgirl welcome. Join us in a cocktail! Pull up a barstool and tell us a little about yourself.

NM, I'm sure the puppers are fun to watch. Thanks for explaining what the the pre-op things might be for Carol. Yucky forecast!

Karen, I think you are getting crappy weather too?

I'm pretty sure Mr. Groundhog got it wrong!

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,103
    Options

Carole - holding you in my thoughts tomorrow!!

• nativemainer
    Options

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Twofer Tuesday! Still lots of snow on the ground, but it's starting to melt off pretty well. Still going to take a while unless we do get the rain that's predicted for later in the week. We've had icy road warnings the last couple of ayems, along with lots of slide-offs and other accidents. It's getting crazy out there!

Goldie--praying for good weather for the movers! And you are right, Mr. Groundhog was WRONG! But then, he usually is.

CoCo Happy Feet says good ayem to Teka and Minus!

Punxsutawney Buck

• 2 oz Pennsylvania rye.  We happened to use Wigle Whiskey Phil’s Shadow, which is finished in maple syrup barrels for 16 months.  Another Pennsylvania rye you should consider trying is Dad’s Hat.  Either will make a fantastic buck.  
    • 0.5 oz fresh lime juice.  If you want to be less scientific, then simply use 1/2 of a lime.  
    • 6 oz ginger beer.  We used Fever Tree, but Gosling’s is also a good option.  

Step 1: Fill a copper mug with ice.  (If you don’t have copper mugs, then any mug or decent sized glass will do.)

Step 2: Squeeze 1/2 lime into the mug.  

Step 3: Add 2 oz rye.  

Step 4: Top with 6 oz of ginger beer.  

Step 5: Stir gently.

Step 6: Serve and enjoy!

From <>

https://maneful.com/the-perfect-groundhog-day-cocktail-inspired-by-phil-connors/

• goldie0827
    Options

Carol, hoping all goes well and most of all, a speedy recovery and that you are happy with the new foobs. I'm assuming it's out patient?

Coco Happy Feet, aka NM, we got more snow too! Blah! I need to go to town, our roads just dried out and now this...again, BLAH! I gave Colt and Zoe an Easter name LOL. Colt is Spanky (Happy Feet) and Zoe is Dizzy (Happy Feet).

Well, I have decided to fly out with my brother on 4/2. After the movers leave, it could take at most 2 weeks before they deliver. I paid an extra $700 to have it expedited and was told once it's taken off the box truck to the semi, it goes right to my house, no pick ups or deliveries in between. My time in MI will be for 2 weeks, hoping it gets there in that time frame, and if not, I'll just prolong my stay. I had my brother go out and get my husbands rollator to try, and my goodness it sure helps. I can set stuff on the seat to move around or gather up, and I think it helps me to get around better too. I was actually surprised. I do hate that I need more things to help me, but hey, I'm still here, so it's ok. Now to decide if I want to take it with me to MI, or just rent one. It won't help me while I stay at my brothers, as he is in a condo, my bedroom upstairs, which means I will have to do a lot of calling to him to bring me this and bring me that, as I won't be able to do the stairs several times a day. He is aware of this and ok with it, which I knew he would be. The only place it would be helpful would be in my new house (just can't call it "home").
    As for the DOTD, I've never had Rye, Bourbon, Tequila, Mezcal or Ginger beer. The Irish whiskey, I assume is like Bailey's. So not sure what would go with Ginger Beer? Oh oh, the decisions!

• creativezoo
    creativezoo Member Posts: 31
    Options

Like @cowgirl13 , I enjoy lurking here. I’ve been looking in for awhile contemplating ‘breaking’ into this groups bond. Unlike cowgirl, I enjoy drinking…probably too much 🙃. I don’t have a season appropriate recipe to offer at the moment but I can say that here in Oregon, the weather is very season appropriate- rain rain rain 😆. But the birds and the tulips are excited about it and it’s a great time to be inspired for seed starting and enjoying spring!