Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2007
    Lini's post is from the first page of the circle...i just went back and read a few pages from "way back when"...Kinda cool

Deb C
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited February 2007
    Hi all,
    I'm just getting here and everyone is going to bed.

hummph!!!

well i took notes
    Laura, I do the same thing. When I exercise, I feel entitled. It doesn't take much for me to feel entitled to chocolate. LOL

Christine, I will talk with you about Pinkstock.

Cheri, love your portable potty.

Karen, sorry to hear that your Dad's rehab is so hard. I can definitely relate. It can be very discouraging. I will pray for him. Hopefully it is just a phase, like the one I went through. I think that is very common. All the drugs from surgery and then the big change in your ability to take care of yourself. You don't know if you will ever get better. Try and help him find something he can do to feel "more normal". Praying that he is weight bearing soon.

Cheri, you have such interesting thoughts in the wee hours.

Jeannie, my ortho guy is not much in the bedside manner department either. He is very arrogant and thinks he is a wonderful surgeon but he doesn't seem to care much about getting talking to me so I understand things.

Sheri, I hope things get better with your daughter. I remember that being a very emotional age for me. Please take care of yourself and come here when you need to unload.

Amy, please give your SO a hug from me and tell her I'm sorry about her friend. I'm sure she is worried about you and you are trying to forget about everything. This just sucks. I'm so sorry.

My dad used to make moonshine. Had a still in the basement. Got busted by the feds. My stepsistter told me about all this. I didn't live with him growing up.

time for me to take more drugs and have a beer or two. PAR-TY
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited February 2007
    I never really cared for the tast of moonshine, hummm maybe that's cause it burned so badly!

Only tried it twice then gave up on it
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited February 2007

my dears, my pillow calls. going to a Beth Moore conference tomorrow. Have never read any of her books but I hear they are good. Looking forward to girls day out. See you all tomorrow

• b445
    edited February 2007
    Cheri, where'd you go!

Hi Susan, Hope things a re feeling better for you. It get frustrating waiting to feel better but then one day you go, hey I don't hurt so much anymore. And you wonder ... when did that happen???
  • sherloc
    edited February 2007
    well shoot howdy, I'll stay up for a bit more
    at least till the ambien kicks in
  • b445
    edited February 2007

Night Shirley, glad to snow is gone for you

• sherloc
    edited February 2007

on the subject of orthos.....mine is a doll....and a complete dork...he will spend 3 hours with one patient talking about everything but your bones, while his other patients sit patiently in the cubicles knowing he's talking about everything but bones to someone else.

• lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited February 2007
    You guys are so funny! I miss all the fun. We have severe weather headed this way and then they're saying blowing snow tomorrow morning. WTF? I hate Oklahoma weather. Oh and my eyelashes have fallen out again. GRRRRRRR This makes the 4th times since finishing chemo.

Hiddey Hoe to everyone. Things are pretty good here.

Hugs and Prayers to everyone. Lightening and storming.

See ya tomorrow.

Liz
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited February 2007
    Hey, Susan, Deb and Cy, you all are still here! Somebody hand me an ice cold beer. I was just about to pm you Susan to check on you.

I, too, have a confession. I dosie-dowed in P.E. class too.
    Yes, I have bowed to the left and stepped to the front, swung my partner etc. I am so ashamed. Waaaaa Waaaaa

So SuzieQ, ya think I have interesting thoughts in the wee hours of the morning do ya? lol You should the ones I write before I change my mind & delete part of it. The wee hours seems to do something to my brain. Here, have a beer, or the drink of your choice. Par-tay!
  • susanmcm
    edited February 2007

ok who is beth moore?

• b445
    edited February 2007

Hi Liz, Hope things are looking better for you. How are the inlaws doing? better I pray.

• susanmcm
    edited February 2007
    Blowing snow. Liz, say it ain't so. I don't want anymore snow. I've had enough to last me a couple of years.

cheri, I was in bed most of the day. slept on and off. For some reason, I was really tired. Now, I"m wide awake!!

s.
  • b445
    edited February 2007

I haven't read much lately so I couldn't tell you who Beth Moore is either

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    I don't know who she is but I think maybe that's who everyone is asking about in chat. Is she real sick?

Hi, Cy, hand me another beer, will ya?
  • lizws
    edited February 2007
    Thanks CY, things are a bit better. MIL is doing good and FIL is improving. I've stepped away a bit and am taking care of any insurance/billing problems they have. So far it's working and giving me some time for me.

How are you?
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2007
    Lordy girls, we have over 5 pages of posts just today! We area chatty today

It is -19 tonight! My girls have their final cross country ski meet tomorrow. We are driving almost 2 hours for the meet. I hope we can stay WARM. There is no indoor facilites at this trail...just 2 porta-potties. I can not imagine how bad you would have to pee to use a porta-potty in below zero weather...at least they don't stink!

I have to go get my article written for this weeks paper.

Hugs girls
    Deb C
  • susanmcm
    edited February 2007

liz glad to hear it's going better.

• b445
    edited February 2007

Glad to hear that you are taking the time for you. I take care of my MIL on the weekends and often wish her other son would step up and take care of her for a while.

• sherloc
    edited February 2007
    hot dog were hopping tonight
    I do se doed in PE tonight, thank heavens I blocked out that era.

Susan, Beth Moore is a Christian Author...thats all I know

Not the same person Cheri. I have never met beth in chat. I don't think she ever actually came into chat, only her husband.
  • susanmcm
    edited February 2007

what time is it there deb?

• sherloc
    edited February 2007

Liz, I'm glad to read your not carrying the whole load anymore.

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Well, to the confused couch for me.

Hey susan, what time is it there? HAHAHA

HEY MENA, COME OUT & PAR-TAY WITH US!!

Hey Shirley, can I have one of your many beers??
  • b445
    edited February 2007

Let's see it's 9:50 in Seattle I think that makes it 8:50 is Alaska

• susanmcm
    edited February 2007
    well cheri, since you are a little farther east than I am it might be one zillionth of a microsecond earlier there than here. sheesh!

8:50 is still early. should we all call deb in the morning and get her up. heehee
  • sherloc
    edited February 2007
    9:53 to be exact
    cheri of course you may
  • lizws
    edited February 2007
    Thanks girls..... okay really storming here..... signing off.

Hugs
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    WOW, it's so early!! No wonder I think you stay up late CY! I thought you were a night owl like me...but you're 2 hours behind us.

Hey Mena, 'come on along get happy chuck all your blues away'
    Thats a song ya know but everytime I try to type the note symbols it throws me off here.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007

Anybody still out there in Circle Land?? C'mon Susan, bet you dosie-doed too. lol

• b445
    edited February 2007

Just don't call me I plan on sleeping in, I hope!