Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited February 2007
    Great idea Susan! Let's call all the west coast girls too!! Anybody that's 2 hrs behind us. Wouldn't that be great fun? Actually, dear, I am not East of you I am NORTH of you. TeeHee

What time you want up, bout 4:00?
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2007
    Susan...it is just before 9pm. Oh, and my husband sleeps on the side of the bed with the phone and I sleep with ear plugs, so go ahead and call LOL

DH is a CPA so we get tax question calls at all hours of the day and night. He has clients all over the country and most people can not keep the time zones straight...to funny

OK...back to writing.
    Deb C
    The great procrastinator….
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited February 2007

I'm here. I was waiting for the page to update and silly me it had moved on to the next page.

• b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited February 2007

I have to be at work M-F by 8am so my co workers think I stay up too late when I tell them I don't usually go to bed until 11 or 12. Between the Ambien and Nurontin I can finally sleep but find I really need to take them by 10 or I have trouble getting up at 6:30 to get ready for work.

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Well, shoot you don't have to get up early tomorrow, CY

(Shhhh, Susan lets call her...about 4ish)
  • b445
    edited February 2007

My hubby goes to bed early and gets up between 3 & 4 so hates it when I come to bed late, says it wakes him up then he can't get back to sleep. He wears the ear plugs so he doesn't have to listen to me wheeze

• b445
    edited February 2007

NOOOO! Sat & Sun are my catch up on sleep times! Always have been but lately I can't seem to sleep past 8 or 9

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited February 2007

dear me I love that ambien whoosh....I'm off to bed dear sisters, sweet dreams when the sandman calls.

• b445
    edited February 2007

Cheri I don't have a beer I can pass ya but I have Shasta Grape soda!

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited February 2007
    ok girls, I'm gonna try and settle in and get some sleep.

Cheri are you every going to make it to spfld?

nite deb, cy, shirley, liz and ????
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Well, shoot, lets have another drinkie-poo wadies. no wat i mean/ (hiccup)

u seen thet goodllking cowpoke anywheres round??

Bet Vickie swiped jim. Oops, did somebudy say his name was him?
  • b445
    edited February 2007

Oh Shirley were you serious about making a quilt out of bras? I think that is such an awesome idea

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007

Awww Susan, well rest well. I put it off all week cos I hate to get out of the house. But my onc. appt. is Monday so I have to come up. g'night

• b445
    edited February 2007

I think that was Jim

• b445
    edited February 2007
    Night Susan,

So Cheri were is Dixion from you? My youngest sister lives there
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007

CY, why do go by CY. You know what a pain in the but it is to make those to capital initials? I know you have a first name....even bologna has a first name. HAHAHA

• b445
    edited February 2007

oops that should be Dixon

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited February 2007
    CY, 100% serious, but no one has pmed for my addy to send the bras to. Will have to get to work on it soon if it's to be done by august. I have the coolest idea bouncing around in my brain. Gonna plot it out this weekend, if I can drag myself away from the nifty knitter.....3 hats and two scarves down. this thing is just to much pickin fun. Bought more fun yarn for that today as well as practical stuff for the squares. Have 4 squares done so far. I'm gonna be a crocheting fool in the hospital next week
    ok really off to bed, love you all
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007

Well CY, I'd have to look it up. We lived in Lebanon for 8 yrs before moving here. And I know Dixon isn't very far from there. I'd guess a little over an hr. But I'll look it up.

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Shirley, I had 9 lbs. removed off my brest when they did the reduction and I still have plenty. So my bras at the size I was were not the pretty, lacy kind. They were made from pure cotton for support. I hated it when my 18 hr bra felt like it was in it's 25th hour! So i just have the basics. Do you still want them?

cy still with me?
  • b445
    edited February 2007
    Shirley I sent a note to one of our DJ's about it. She's really into things like this. she asked for my phone number so I hope tp hear from her soon.

I just gave a buch of my Nicer bras to my daughter since I can't wear the ones with underwire any more. But if she isn't going to use them I will see if she still has them. PM your addy to me and I'll see what I can do. I think this is a great idea. I think I may email one of our news gals about it too. She was treated for brain cancer and is doing very well, but I bet she's like to help with this too.

Thanks, Cheri. I flew into St Luis once, but other than changing planes have been to MO.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007

CY, your sister in Dixon is 76 miles from me, 1hr. 43 min. So she's pretty close, are you ever going to visit her?

• b445
    edited February 2007

we've averaged almost 3/4 of a page per hour since in the last 7 hours today

• b445
    edited February 2007

I don't know. She's acutally my Step sister. We talk every once in a while. Less since they moved there. Her Husband got stationed out there and I think they will be staying there. I think my nephew graduates this year or next. I'll have to ask. She grew up here in Washington and we only saw her a couple of times when we were kids. I 've know her more as an adult, since I moved up here, but then she went to Germany and then to Mo. I've only seen her 2 times in the last 8 years

• b445
    edited February 2007
    We are planning to try to make it to PINKSTOCK so probably wont make it to Mo if my nephew graduates this year. If it's next year I might.

My lil sis, the one that's a truck driver has been there several times.
  • b445
    edited February 2007
    Well Cheri I can't see straight and my eyes don't want to stay open any longer so i'm going to haul my bod to bed. Take care of yourself and don't stay up too late,
    Luv ya girl!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited February 2007
    Well girls, I'm gonna walk the perimeter one last time to make sure all are tucked in & safe. Great party, too bad we weren't all here at the same time. lol
    goodnight sweet friends.

pals
    cheri
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited February 2007
    Good Morning Everyone: My goodness - 6 pages to read. You must have been having some party. If you read my posts, you will see, I had one too many glasses of wine and passed out early. I went back to read my post this morning and I can even understand what I was trying to say. I was really buzzed.

They are predicting ice storms and snow today. So if you come by the Chicago end of this circle bring ice skates. I want Spring so bad I can taste it.

This is a fun time of the year for us. My husband is an Irish entertainer and St. Pattys Day is just around the corner. I always dress up like a lepracaun as his side kick. Believe it or not, its only 3 weeks away.

Jan: The choking and having problems swallowing since chemo. I had that for a while. Luckily it subsided. The hot dog story actually sounded a little scary to me. Hot Dogs are the number one reason someone chokes. I have had to do the heimlich maneuver several times. Always amazes me that it really works. I loved your story about flashing you nippleless boobs.

Sherloc: What a great song that was. Im so glad someone asked who Beth Moore is - cause I didnt know either. And then I read that her husband came to chat? Did she have bc? Hope you have lots of fun there today.

Liz: What the heck! Eyelashes falling out again. Ya know I was looking in the mirror yesterday and was trying to picture myself when I was bald. Couldnt remember for the life of me. And when I was bald, I couldnt picture me with hair. Man, what a ride that chemo was.

Cheri: I dont know what I meant by the last name thing

Ever since my surgery, my life has changed. I go to sleep so early now. 7PM and Im in bed. I have to go to a Board of Directors meeting for the group home with NAMI that Im involved in. This coming Wednesday at 6PM. My goodness - Im never gonna make it.

Im working on my squares this week-end. I have 6 good squares done. Now that I have figured out my patterns its been fun. I stopped and got 2 more skeins of yarn yesterday - thought to myself, I gotta make sure I have enough since we are gonna be snowed in. All different vibrant colors. This is fun.

When I was first diagnosed with bc, my husband was scheduled for a European Tour. Was gonna be entertaining in England, Wales, Ireland, and Spain. This was the biggest opportunity of his life. And then the big disappointment came. I got bc, had to have surgery and he had to cancel the tour. It was a heart breaker. Well he got good news yesterday. The tour is being rescheduled for this summer. I can go with him if I want, but I have to find someone to take care of my animals!

DH also surprised me yesterday evening. He is not one that would want to go to Pinkstock. He has never talked to another SO about feelings. So he says to me, if you really want to go to Pnkstock, I will go with you. But if you do, we need to start thinking about it now. He actually said, it would be nice to talk to other spouses! Wow - that was a shocker. So we shall see how things play out. Europe and Pinkstock would be way too much. Ya think I could bring my big goofy dog with? He loves girls.

Im gonna quietly take a walk around the perimiter of the circle. Seems like there are many who are passed out and I sure dont want to WAKE YOU UP! Have a great morning.

Nicki
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited February 2007
    Nicki...whoo hoo...come on down...tell hime to bring his guitar and he could JAm...and dogs are ok...I have lots of room..
    shh its the weekend and I'm not supposed to be here...lol...got to run...MB
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited February 2007
    Good morning all,
    Slept in a bit and then laid in bed thinking of you all.

I have a suggestion

I feel like we are straying a bit from the "why" we are circling the wagons. I love the virtual parties (geez...I'm right in the middle of most of them LOL) but I'm thinking this morning that maybe we need a new thread with our parties. Maybe the Circle Girls Cyber Getaways or something.
    I love the early morning wake ups from Nicki, the campfire, the cooks, the tents (the hoochie tent, the deliverance tent, the spa, the medic tent etc.), I actually, simply love YOU all.
    I think we can keep the humor, the pictures, the jokes here but I'm just imagining a newbie or someone who needs to be in the center of our circle popping in and only seeing square dancing and moonshine thinking that this isn't going to help them and backing away.
    I am only thinking of the weekend parties...not the magic carpet rides to appointments, the chocolate fountains, the silliness we all need.
    We need to go back to the wagons and circle. We have so many in need of being in the center. NS, the creator of this wonderful thread is only one...if we have her in the center or anyone else and are sending her good wishes and positive thoughts or prayer they will be lost in our cyber parties.
    Just my opinion...not expressing it as well as I thought it LOL...
    What do you think ladies? Circle the wagons here, and party under this thread with a different name?
    Love ya all and need our cyber parties!!!
    Vickie