Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited March 2007
    Vickie:

Before I go...........time to set the record straight. Will you please tell our lovely sisters that picture you posted is really me. Geez, you are getting all the credit for my body!
    Love and Hugs,
    Denise
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007

Geez Denise...you weren't supposed to tell!!! shhhh...it's a secret silly girl.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited March 2007
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    Awww Nicki...just how I feel when I'm here!
    Love and hugs
    Vickie
  • ArmyNavyMom
    ArmyNavyMom Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2007
    Okay Girls - everybody get a box, stick 1 of your degrees of sunny warm air in it and ship it up to Deb. That should at least get her up to freezing! Use lots of tape so the box doesn't leak.

Anne
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited March 2007
    Hey I got my box ready. Sending Debc about 10 degrees from here in Chicagoland.

Nicki
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited March 2007
    Please forgive the duplicate post but it really hurts for me to be typing!

Girls I think there is something really wrong here. I was "milking" the drain tube last night and it shifted and it is causing really bad pain. If can't come out because it is one of those really big ones. But I have now a lot of swelling in my back and under my arm. And it really hurts like hell.

has anyone had this happen?

Also where he took out one of the drain on Thurs now has a big seroma.

I think I need to chill out- but the pain is pretty bad.

I will call tomorrow AM but just wondering if anyone had this with their expanders.

I can't type it hurts to much so thanks in advance!

Love,g
  • 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited March 2007
    sounds like the drain is occluded.

the longer they stay in, the thicker the secretions, hence they plug up.

i had tons of drain issues with each mast, sounds like it needs to be flushed, but you need a nurse for that. the pain is most likely built up fluid because the drain opening is occluded or dislodged from the cavity containing the fluid.

when my drains came out after 6 weeks the first time around, the stab wound scabbed over and the pressure built so bad that the fluid literally gushed out of the "hole" into my rack of lamb that i was making for my nephew. then it leaked for weeks.

even though it is painful, try to move your arm and shoulder as much as you can tolerate. it might move the fluid, even if it leaks around the drain at the insertion site, it might relieve the pressure.......worked for me till i could get drain pulled the following day.

i'm sorry for you, but i sure cam empathize!
  • neesie
    edited March 2007
    Okay then, no more Rack of Lamb for me. Wish it would have been sweets..I could use help not eating that!
    NS: I don't have expanders, however it does sound like possibly the drains are plugged causing the fluid to build up around them. What happens when you "milk" it? I know it is really painful, but are you able to get gunk out? I'm thinking warm compresses might help until you see your Dr., but I'm not a nurse, just a MA or PCT. Let's put a shout out for Nicki..
    Hugs,
    Denise
  • neesie
    edited March 2007
    NICKI.................NS HAS A QUESTION..WE NEED A NURSE HERE!

Hugs,
    Denise
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2007
    Good eveming ladies. I haven't read the posts from today yet but I will go back later and then I'll do a regular post. I have a story to tell.

I put the new puppy outside with Rover early this morning. I had to block the dog door because she wasn't housebroken. Rover is a great big friendly dog so I knew she'd look after her. I laid down & went to sleep. My dh came home and woke me up. He said he'd found the new pup halfway in the door of Rovers dog house...dead! Rover had her puppies a little early and apparently the new pup got too close to her babies and Rover protected them and killed Sinatra. He took her down and buried her where all our precious dogs that have passed away are buried. I can't belive it. I was trying to save her and took her and then I got her killed. Who would've thought Rover would've had her pups right now! She had 2 cuties. That's the only good thing about the story. I'm gonna post pics of them later. Don't know if they're male or female cos Mama won't let us get close enough. They are newborn today. I can't be mad at Rover cos she was just protecting newborn pups and the new pup was poking her head in the doghouse where they were. I feel so rotten about it. I should've said no to taking her. It was all my fault. But I didn't know Rovers pups were coming, which are adorable. Poor little Sinatra. Just thought I'd let you know.

post pics later
    cheri
  • 2up
    edited March 2007

denise........ a nurse DID answer lololol!

• newvickie
    edited March 2007
    Oh Cheri...I am sooo sorry. It was NOT your fault. Don't even begin to think that! You, with your big heart, took in that puppy and certainly had no idea that something like this could or would happen. Sending you warm hugs.
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007

NICKI...NS NEEDS HELP...WHERE ARE YOU DEAR SUNSHINE GIRL?!?

• newvickie
    edited March 2007
    Well ladies I have another pic to post to Puppy who sent a bunch of beautiful squares and a bunch of special surprises for Nathaniel. He is tickled silly about it.
    He is so in love with the hat and sunglasses. Can't wait to go to school tomorrow to show off his hat, sunglasses, new pencils and the other little treats she sent.
    He wasn't thrilled that I wouldn't let him take his new blanket to school to show off to everyone!
    CY...need your address as he has a card for you.
    Thank you Puppy...he is one happy boy...he is really loving all of you. I talk about all my "sisters" here so he thinks you are all his aunts...sorry...you've all aquired a new nephew LOL.
    Love
    Vickie
  • 2up
    edited March 2007

well, i hope nicki can answer better than this RN LOL!

• neesie
    edited March 2007
    Shel, I'm so sorry..I thought you gave good advice but I did not know that you were a Nurse!!!!! Now, I know that I have someone else I can bug when I have a question!
    Sorry.
    Hugs,
    Denise
  • neesie
    edited March 2007
    Oh Cheri, That is horrible, but not your fault. Sounds like Rover was being protective.

Hugs,
    Denise
  • Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited March 2007
    OMG Cheri, that is soooo sad. Please don't blame yourself.
    You went above and beyond to save that puppy. It's not your fault. Maybe, heaven just needed a puppy angel today.
  • 2up
    edited March 2007
    jeeze cheri!

that is so sad, but out of your control!

you didn't do anything except have a big heart. "everything happens for a reason", don't beat yourself up!
  • 2up
    edited March 2007

gina, the other thing you can try is very warm compresses to the areas that are painful (not a heating pad, but 'moist heat'). sometimes this gets things moving and might facilitate drainage. don't put compresses on the insertion site though ok?

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Here's a pic of our bramd mew babies. They remind me of little piglets. She's about an 80 lb dog so I expected more pups than jus two.

• newvickie
    edited March 2007

Oh my...we have another nurse and I totally forgot ya Shel! So sorry!

• joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited March 2007
    Cheri-((())) OMG!!! I am so sorry. It was not your fault..so sad.

NS- God you need a break!Sounds like Shel gave good advice though.
    I am really tired tonight girls long weekend. I will catch up with you during the week. Kev goes for his EMG on Tuesday. I will let you know how it goes.

Joyce
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Thanks girls for all the support about the pup. Here's the last pic of our new puppies. I hate it about the one we got yesterday but I love these new ones.

• 2up
    edited March 2007
    ok, i'm totally off topic right now, but i just had a "moment"!

where the heck are carrie and deese??????? did i miss something during one of my trips to the keys? or during one of my meltdowns?

i hope they're both blissfully moving beyond, but i was just struck by the thought that i haven't seen a post or an email from either one of them in a while!

anybody know?
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    I have been wondering the same thing...time to round up a posse and hunt them down. Haven't seen either of them in a long time.
    Cheri...the puppies are so sweet.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Carrie posted updates on Gina when she had her surgery and said she was busy with her job, i believe. She drops in every now and then. She's a sweetie.

Thanks Vickieroo, newborns are not real cute! They'll be lot cuter when they get at least a week old.

pals
    cheri
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited March 2007

Hi girls. I'm home. Catch up with you tomorrow. Had a good week.

• christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735
    edited March 2007

We do have a few nurses here and we appreciate all of your knowledge, as well as first hand advice. The nurses sometimes hang out in the medic tent, but I know they are probably somewhere in every forum, Thanks to our angels in white (or the many colors worn now)