Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited March 2007
    Cheri, Yeah, we can get into lots of stuff and blame Vickie! Teehee!! Did you see that recipe for that blue drink that Shel posted? Yum! We will have to try that.

Glad your DD got a job. Those are crappy hours though. Yeah, I like my DH too. I think I'll keep him around a little longer .

You are right!!! No more whining. No more crying. Waaaahhh!! Ok, I'm done.
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited March 2007
    Back from sonogram..the radiologist did not see anything to worry about so.....this is great news!!
    Thanks for thinking about me ..
    cheri..glad you are in the knitting/crocheting world ..fun,huh..

NS hope you are doing better..glad you got that one drain out!!

Sherloc...good to be home I bet....I am sure you will be happy to put your feet up without all the kidlets running up to climb aboard...

I knitted a whole square in the waiting room..

Hugs Lisa
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2007
    I've been with the weepy group, no real reason, just feeling sorry for myself, I guess. I talked to my mom in AL and probably really depressed her. I'm feeling better today, so should call her and let her know.

Cheri, so sad about the pup. Glad you get to keep the others.

NS--you've gone through so much. I really hope you can get all your drains out soon.

Lisa, wow, a whole square in the waiting room. Either you are a fast worker or you had to wait a long time!

Yesterday I knitted 2 squares at the park. We broke heat records! I think it helped, though.
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007
    Yoo hoo Lisa...nothing better than good news! Congratulations to you.
    Um...Cheri and Jan...if I get all the blame you'd better find me a really good lookin cop to arrest me or you'll both be in the cell with me! LOL. If he's really good lookin then I'll take all the blame.
    This is for all the weepy sad ladies
    I'll be back later
    Love ya all
    Vickie
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited March 2007
    Wow busy day here at work so just now getting back. I hate when work interferes with my socialization,,geesh!

Cheri-those pups are the cutest thing. So sorry about the other dog but honey you were doing the best thing for it and the motherly instinct just kicked in on Rover. Could have even happened during birth and you know how pups can be and Rover said enough already. Glad you are getting to keep the 2,,cute lil bugs.

Jan-ok I am saying it,,no more crying. Hopefully I can put my foot down and mean it. I hate crying. I feel like a big ol wus.

Lisa-wow you were making time in the waiting room or your doctor was making you wait. One way or the other good for you for taking advantage of you time. Congrats on the good results.

Sherndon-record heat here yesterday also and in case you all havent heard me say it,,i hate summer!

NS-man enough is enough already. You have really been put through it. Hoping you got it all taken care of today.

Iris-sorry about the breakin-had my purse stolen once and that was just one small thing and I felt totally violated.

Anne-enjoy the lunch. I would go if I wanted to.

Margaret-meet somebody else here that wants to do the afghan thing but no crafty bone in this body. I can build with wood but nothing with string so go figure.

MB-speaking of projects,,,,,you mean there is a chance I will ever finish one? Man, I am all excited now,,I thought there was never an end.

ok all this flaxseed talk and fish oil talk and maybe thinking I should take something. Guess its too late to fight off the reoccurence huh?

Nickie-man you get up early. I pull myself out of bed at 6:45 is or 7 and I really mean pull myself out. Your picture of slapping the alarm clock on snooze reminded me of me.

chemo brain and cant remember who asked about Mazer,,anyway will have to get a picture of her all dressed for Easter.

oh man, its 5 and here I sit at work! Gotta run,,there are some things I am not late for and getting off work is one of them.

See you all tomorrow.

Amy
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited March 2007

Got home late. Exercised my butt off. Dont have alot of time cause dinner is almost ready, but I wanted to pop in and say hello.

Anne: You better go to that party. It sounds like fun. Im thinking they know what you are going through and money is tough. They dont want to put you through a hardship! So go to the party!! Have fun.

See ya all in the morning

Nicki
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007

and I see beauty in all of you
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007

"If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"

• newvickie
    edited March 2007
    "We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can fly only by embracing each other."
    -lucian de crescenzo
  • Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited March 2007
    This is my third try at posting here. What is going on with the boards? GRRRR....

Okay ladies, I have another question related to hormone treatments that I'd like to get the groups opinion on. Does anyone know if hair thinning due to low hormone eventually levels off or do we continue to loose hair?
    I'm asking cause it's only been 10 months since I've been on hormone treatments and my hair is already thinning. Every time I run my hands through it I get close to 20 loose hairs. Yes, I've been counting them, call it post-traumatic stress syndrome! LOL!! Anyways, I finally got a response from my onc today. He confirmed the hair thinning is due to low levels of hormone and he is not aware of any products that can help. Sad.....
    The good news is that it will only thin, great so I'll be walking around with a male baldness pattern on my head, how attractive is that in a woman?

Got to run, need to take son to softball practice. I'll catch up later.
  • Biker54
    edited March 2007
    Vickie, Thanks! You always find the great poems and videos. There is enough love here to find the beauty in all of us!

Lisa, Yay!!! Great news on the sonagram. It feels good to have everything be ok.

Sheri, OK, how warm was it? They are calling for temps in the high 70's tomorrow. I can't wait, but why do we always have the gorgeous weather when I'm working???

Amy, we hate winter-you hate summer. Damn, it just never ends . We should all trade spaces for a month!! Say hi to Mazer!!

Odalys, what are you taking? I'm on Arimidex and my hair started to thin and then came back like it was before tx. My eyelashes also fell out and grew in several times. I've been on Arimidex for 2 1/2 yrs. now.

Nicki, here ya go

Way to go!!!!!
  • Biker54
    edited March 2007
    Vickie, I think Cheri and I can find you an Occifer Friendly!! It makes getting in trouble, fun .
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2007
    Hi all,
    I've read but didn't take notes so I'm sure to miss a lot.
    Cheri - so sorry to hear about the puppy.
    Lisa - yipee on good test results
    NS - It's time you got a break now. Praying for things to get better fast.
    I take fresh ground flax seed 3TBS daily but I'm trip neg.
    Have gone cycling twice now and learned a very important lesson. I am to fat to wear my cycling shorts (padded). I have an old racing bike - the kind with the real skinny seat. Getting the picture yet? OUCH. Can't sit on the bike today so walking as gimpy as I am will be the exercise of choice tonight.
    Wish me luck at my BS appt tommorrow. I think I need multiple xanax lollipops tonight. Been having lots of abd bloating and indigestion the last couple of weeks so of course I'm convinced she'll find something bad. Please tell me I won't do this to myself for the rest of my life. Last time I was there I had a mild anxiety attack. I had nightmares for months set in the exam room where I heard my DX. I love my BS but every visit is so mentally traumatic. OK deep breath. I'm getting myself worked up just typing about it. I think I'll go out for a walk.
    Shaky Hugs
    Sue
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    OH Sue...we will fire up the magic carpet and all be with you tomorrow and all will be fine. Sending you hugs. Passing you a Xanex lollipop for extra measure!
    Ok..who's driving the magic carpet...can't find Cheri...think she might be in the blue drinks again!
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2007
    Thanks Vickie,
    I went for a walk, sucked a lolly and feel a bit better. I know if you ladies are with me I won't panic. Nothing can go wrong on the magic carpet.
    Little less shaky hugs,
    Sue
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited March 2007
    Ladies can I please ask you to keep my Dad in your Prayers. He will be going in for triple or quadruple heart by pass Tuesday at 2pm Pafici Time.

My daughter, who is 7 months pregnat and with a broken rib, her husband & their daughter Cloe will fly home with me to be there for my Mom & Dad.

I'm not sure if I will be able to check in while I'm there but will try to touch base with Lisa as she leves very cloe to my parents.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to read to see how everyone is doing buyt please know that you are all in my prayers

HUgs & Prayers to all
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited March 2007
    Oh my! CY you have my prayers and especially your dad!!!

And Sue prayers for you too my friend!

What happened to Cheri's dog?
    i really need to catch up here!
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited March 2007

NS Cheri's female had her puppies early and the new puppy poke his head in at the wrong time. Rover was just protecting her new borns and killed the other puppy. Sad but very much a natural reaction from Rover.

• neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited March 2007
    Of course we will pray for your Dad, Cy. And for you and your DD to have a safe trip. We are only a click away if you need anything.
    Hugs,
    Denise
  • ArmyNavyMom
    ArmyNavyMom Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2007
    Cheri – That is too bad about the puppy. You could not have foreseen that at all. The new ones are very cute. I’m glad you get to keep them. I’d never be able to give away kittens or puppies. Heck, I used to cry when my tropical fish would die and it was worse when they had babies who’d get eaten. I’m a terrible softie.

Shokk – I love the story about you and your ex ‘cleaning’ the closet. Not that I’m wishing for a divorce, but if it helped me get some of the junk cleaned out of the house….

MB – Isn’t it fun to get into the garden the first time each spring? I cleaned last year’s daylily leaves out of my beds yesterday and it felt so nice.

Shirley – It sounds like our families take dishwashing lessons from the same place. My DH was a good boy and washed our Forman grill after dinner yesterday… and left three other items on the counter by the sink.

Odalys – Congratulations on the new job.

Laura – I found more info about the Lebed classes, but didn’t see any around my piece of Michigan. How did you find yours? They sound really interesting. Sorry about your MIL, hopefully she’ll adjust and be happier.

Jan – How’s your toe??? That hurts SO bad. They are tough to get healed up, too. I tore ligaments way back when I was in the Army and I’d just about get the stupid thing healed then I’d go re-injure it and start all over. Hopefully you’ll be much smarter than me, but in the meantime you have my sympathy.

Deb – I can’t wait to see Alaskan beach photos!!

G – I’m happy to hear that one drain came out, sorry about the seromas.

Lisa – That’s good news. Glad that your radiologist is understanding and told you.

Nicki – Gold stars on your forehead for being so motivated about your exercise. I’m impressed. Keep it up.

Sue – I’m having sympathy pains in my rear from the thought of riding on a non-padded seat. And at least you can get someone to rub sore shoulders. Hoping you get a peaceful night’s sleep, and have a good appointment with your BS. I’ll be thinking of you.

CY – My prayers for your father and his medical team.

Thanks to all who offered their opinions about my quandary with my friends birthday party. Sadly, it probably became moot when my DH’s van pooped out on the way home from work and if it’s not repaired by Thursday, the logistics won’t work. And you’d all convinced me I was being hypersensitive and to go and enjoy.

Focusing on the positive, I’ll be able to start drinking again soon, my Navy son passed the first half of his final exam Friday (I’m crossing my fingers for half number two tomorrow) and comes home in a week and 2 days.

Bedtime for me. Good night all, sweet dreams.

Anne
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited March 2007
    Cy we will be saying prayers for your dad tomorrow.

Sue, Vickie is going to clink the ice in the blue drink and Cheri will be coming 'round with the magic carpet!! We'll be there for you tomorrow. I am anxious to see Mazer in her Spring bonnet!!

Does anyone else have appointments tomorrow?

Hugs to everyone...I hear afghan squares calling my name. (Yes, they do talk to me and I tell them bye when I put them in the mail)
    Hugs, Madison
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited March 2007

The Outhouse

Ma was in the kitchen fiddling around when she hollers out...."Pa! You need to go out and fix the outhouse!"

Pa replies, "There ain't nuthin wrong with the outhouse."

Ma yells back, "Yes there is, now git out there and fix it."

So......Pa ambles out to the outhouse, looks around and yells back, "Ma! There ain't nuthin wrong with the outhouse! "

Ma replies, "Stick yur head in the hole!"

Pa yells back, "I ain't stickin my head in that hole!"

Ma says, "Ya have to stick yur head in the hole to see what to fix."

So with that, Pa sticks his head in the hole, looks around and yells back, "Ma! There ain't nuthin wrong with this outhouse!"

Ma hollers back, "Now take your head out of the hole!"

Pa proceeds to pull his head out of the hole, then starts yelling, "Ma!
    Help! My beard is stuck in the cracks in the toilet seat!"

To which Ma replies, "Hurts, don't it ?!"

hahahahah
    just had too share this joke
    tracey
  • 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited March 2007
    i got the shittiest call today.

"yes, michelle it's the genetics institute calling regardng follow up on your 'end stage cancer'" results!!!!!!!!

jeezuz!!!!!! i bawled ( yet again)......called all my friends (even the pregnant one), and got everybody in a tizzy............"END STAGE????????" WTF? I'm just a 'baby', i'm just starting to get it together, i'm meeting to return to work tomorrow, i'm learnig how to love again, i have a 14 year old, i have a life i want to live............1

holy shit you guys, i know i'm stage 4 now, but i've never been referred to as 'end stage'.........i may do stupid stuff like picking out funeral songs, but in reality i've got a ton left that i want/need to do!

help???????
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited March 2007
    wow shel,

hmmmm not very compasionate are they?
    well you know i never thought i could see myself at the age of 50 but you know what........ i can.... i can....
    so when i am 50 and your 49 we will laugh at how antiquish this all is now!!!!
    big hugssssssss girl sounds like you need one!!
    and hey i have never been east before and thinking of planning a trip with the family!!!!!!!!
    any super 8's motels near you?
    tracey
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2007
    Vickie, I am never very hard to find! Shoot yeah, I'll drive the Magic Carpet for Boos BS appt. tomorrow. Uh...Boo...you said "Nothing can go wrong on the magic carpet." Have you ever ridden with me? lol Bubble wrap girlies, bubble wrap. Somebody bring the coffee and donuts, course we have to drink it pretty fast so we don't spill it on the first loop! HAHAHA
    We'll all be there for you Sue. Everything is gonna be alright. You're not gonna have a panic attack this time. If you start to feel anxious just think about all your friends that are with you and....breathe. Just stay calm and you said you liked your BS so I'd think that would make it a much more pleasant experience. Personally I haven't seen my BS since he did surgery back in Nov.05. I see my onc but he's the only one. I've never liked him. I think he's full of BS if that counts. lol
    And Boo, You're beautiful dammit!

pals
    cheri
  • 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited March 2007

i have 2 empty bedrooms, and a crazy gigantic heart! plus i friggin love company............no super 8 EVER NEEDED for anybody coming my way!!!!!!!!

• MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited March 2007
    Hi ladies, ok, it will take me an hour to read and take notes.

Shirley, don't you hate when they don't clean up after themselves?

Vickie, did you mail the snow to Lini? She probably got rain like I did.

Jan, I don't cry at commercials but I can't watch some TV shows like Extreme Makeover because I start crying.

Anne, I'd go to the lunch and not worry about the gift.

Colleen, I think it's great that the trainer was upfront with you and he wanted a dr.'s clearance.

Denise, nope, don't know what a knifty knitter is.

NS, you need a break for sure. I'm sorry you are having a tough time.

Cheri, I would love to be part of the afghan project but I truly can't knit or crochet. I will look at the Knifty Knitter - you really think I can do it? Pick me up tomorrow for Boo/Sue.

Lisa, great news on the sonogram.

Amy, glad I'm not the only one who can't craft. I do scrapbooking but haven't done it since diagnosis.

Boo/Sue, good luck tomorrow. We'll be with you.

CY, dad is in prayers.

Shel, I cannot imagine getting a call like that. End stage??? I hope you told her you had a lot of living left to do. That was totally insensitive.

Night all.

Margaret
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2007
    Shell, whoever made the call had no knowledge of the stages of bc or how to talk to a bc patient in any stage. You are not going anywhere for a long time. You've got a big life to live, things to see, people to talk to. You're going to be fine. Don't let some simpleton scare you or upset you. You know that people say the most inappropiate things to cancer patients. C'mon Sybil, let it roll off you! (I used to call my dd that when she was going thru the terrible teens) You've been LIVING your life...don't let one little phone call from an ignorant person get to you. You just keep on being you. (which one are you now, the one that gets mad at me or laughs with me?) lol I have some pretty wide mood swings myself. You're gonna be fine.

pals
    cheri
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited March 2007
    Hey Shel-

Sending you a big hug. First of all, I think we need to get our collective hands around the throat of one LOOSER at the genetics institute.

I hate it when people jar us out of our comfort zone. YOU ARE NOT END STAGE! Yep, you have mets…and that sucks…but go buy some green bananas, you will be around to eat them when they get ripe!

This moron needs a lesson in patient care and human decency. Pour a glass of beer, put on a funny movie….do anything except stress about the label this creep placed on you. It means nothing…

I hope things smooth out for you.

Hugs
    Deb C
  • Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited March 2007
    Shel- WTF were they thinking? Do they have any compassion? Someone needs to send them to a sensitivity class. They had no right to get you so upset. You are not going anywhere. I'm sending extra hugs your way.

Sue - good luck tomorrow. Remember to breathe and you will be fine.

Vickie - thanks for the poem, it was lovely. There is always such sweetness and kindness in your posts. Thank you for that.

Laura - this is the first time I hear of lebed classes. I'll google it to see if there are any in my area.

Deb - I have this vision of you on top of the "icy" roof, brrrrrrrrrrr. Be careful on that roof.

NS - special prayers for you. I can't believe all you are going through. I'm sending gentle hugs and much love your way. I had to laugh at what you said about the flaxseed. Sometimes I think we take all these supplements just to feel a little more in control of our future when in reality it's God's call.

Jan- how is your toe? I hope it's not fractured. I fractured one last year and it took months to heal. Who needs that?

Amy - I think it's a good idea to talk to your onc about all the emotions. I used to be an emotional basket case crying all the time. Some days all I wanted to do was cry. Thank God onc placed me on Effexor for the hot flashes. Now, I feel sad and even cry at some sad tv shows but the emotions don't take over me. I no longer feel a dark cloud hanging over me.

Anne - I agree with you I wouldn't want my name on the card either. I hope you can find a compromise so you can go and enjoy the party.

Lisa - Yeah...glad to hear about your good news.

CY- Prayers for your dad and family and for you too. Hope all goes well and your dad has a successful surgery.

I hope I didn't forget anyone. Thanks ladies for your input regarding the flaxseed and fish oil. It's all so confusing. It's late and I need to get to bed. Talk with you tomorrow.

Pleasant dreams!!!!