Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007

I still don't know that women.

• jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008

Good pics. You look great! The dog is adorable...maybe I'll get a shitzu next.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited March 2007
    Vickie: Great pictures. You look wonderful.

Nicki
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2007
    Good afternnoon ladies. We have a nice, bright sunshiny day today. Not that I get out of the house but I can look out the window.

Ishop, wishing you good news on test results. I'm sorry about your friend.

Liz, you were talking about having jeans you'll never get back into. I'm in denial and think someday I'll be thin again. I have 5 different sizes of clothes hanging in my closet. Curls? You have curls? Mine just came back curly in the back bottom and they're so cute. The rest is straight just like before chemo, looks rather odd. Still haven't made appt. to get it trimmed.

CY, so glad you're feeling better but awfully sorry about your dad being in the hospital. Sorry I had to cut our IM short last night I was just worn out.

Gus/Sue, hey you made it thru the week! I loved the story of you wearing diffent wigs, how funny.

NS, glad your doing a bit better at least. I do believe there's got to be more to your sisters story. I think she might have made light of your situation. Don't take to heart everything you hear, weed out what is believable and keep the rest. That's what I do. lol

Sheri, sorry you're having trouble with your son. He'll straighten up when he's about....I was gonna say 30...but don't want to give you false hope.

Susan, we'll see you posting when you feel like it. Until then, I'll talk to you on the phone.

Shokk, what you said about your ex's girlfriend adopting your x as another child. lol

Vickieroo, glad your dd is finally going to be able to get that tooth fixed.

Jan, sounds like you need the party thread to cheer you up. I was going to knit this afternoon but if you want, we'll Par-Tay! That sounds like more fun!

Tracey, funny story about your dd's.

Shellybeans, you big silly! My post was not meant to offend it was a joke or otherwise I wouldn't have said, "shhhh don't tell Shel". You know i'm always joking around. I thought you might have a funny come-back and we'd laugh. Sincerely sorry. I really want very badly to say, "Are you taking your medications?" but I won't cause I'm afraid you'd take me serious and I'd be just teasing you. So I won't make any more silly cracks about or to you anymore. Won't be as fun, tho. lol

Hey to Meaner, Nicki, MB, Margaret, Jazmanian, Laura, Christiny, Denise, Karen in Denver, Colleen, Jule, Madison, Lini, Carrie, Deese, Brenda, Shirley, Lisa, and anybody else I might've mistakenly missed. Hope you all have a better than average evening.

Well, I went to bed last night about 11:00. I didn't want to but I'd reached the point that I needed a good nights sleep and I got one. I remember now what all the hoopla of sleep is all about. lol It is rather refreshing.

My neighbor came to the door a little earlier with a puppy asking if it was ours and I told her no. She said she found it just sitting in the middle of the road, it's about 8 weeks old. She said she'd been to all the houses around and couldn't find the owner and thought it'd been dumped. I still had my phone up to my ear talking to my best friend and my neighbor was begging me to take her cos she said her cats would kill her. I told her I already had 3 dogs and one was pg. My friend on the phone started saying "sucker". This puppy is all dark brown and has BLUE eyes. My neighbor thought she was a Weimaraner, but they're gray. I don't know what she is but she's adorable. So yes, I am a sucker. My dh is gong to kill me!! But I couldn't just let her get ran over. She looked up at me with those blue eyes and that did it. She was soooo hungry and just ate and ate. So then after awhile I put her outside with Rover. She's gonna be a big dog cause her paws are huge. She's almost Lab-like except for the eyes. She loves me already. She's so soft and cuddly. I named her "Sinatra" cos of the blue eyes. None of the family has seen her yet. I don't know if I'll tell my dh on the phone or wait til he comes home and pretend she just strayed up. lol

pals
    cheri
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited March 2007
    wow vickie your a hot mama!!!!!!!
    whohoooooooo!!!!
    oh ya and the doggie is a cutie!

tracey
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    edited March 2007
    omg cheri!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hahahahahahahahah your as bad as me....
    awwwww can you post a picture ????????
    tracey
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Vickie, anybody ever tell you got quite a good lookin rack on ya! You are beautiful! Next time put a pair of shorts and tank top on and you'll not only be beautiful but you'll be even hotter! *ssss*

pals
    cheri
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008

Ah Cheri, I would have probably taken the pup too. You can always post an ad in the paper to find a good home and in the meantime the pup will be safe and fed.

• snowmen_n_thongs
    edited March 2007
    well i am done work for the day so i am leaving for a bit.... going to go get some wine and some subway..... so see ya ladies in a few!!!!
    tracey
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2007
    Hi Ladies,
    Been trying to keep up with reading but haven't been posting much.
    Nickie - Been hiding with the xanax lollipops.
    Vickie YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
    I have an appt with my BS on Tues and though I love her I sure hate going. Since I developed truncal LE my mastectomy site feel different all the time. Since I need to do daily drainage I can't just not touch that area but every time I do there seems to be a different swelling, lump, bump or something. Every day has at least one moment of "OMG what's that". It just really really sucks. I am once again consumed with fear just at the time when I was starting to feel a bit better. I know that the LE is making things feel different and it's not like I have found a hard defined lump but I seem to have no control over obsessing. I'm just so afraid of hearing there truley is cause for concern. Silly I know but luck just hasn't been on my side this past year.
    OK deep breath. I think I'l go over to watch the slide shows NS has made. That thread always makes me smile.
    Thanks for listening
    Hugs
    Sue
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited March 2007
    Oooooohhhh Cheri, you are a sucker!!!! I could never say no to a stray either. Hummmmm......Blue eyes? How cute!

Nickie, congrats on keeping up with the exercise. I know you hate it. So do I. But it is a necessary evil .

I'm feeling a little better after spending some time in the inner circle. Thanks everyone!
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008
    Sue, do you have any kind of compression garmet to help keep the lymphedema in control? I'm pretty sure there are some for trunk LE.

Jan, glad you are feeling better!
  • shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited March 2007

Ohhhhhhhhh Vickie's got it going on.......we are going to have to send her over to the "dating after bc" thread..................

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Cheri my friend. Not all Weimanaers are gray. Check this one out. One of my favorite dogs by the way. Big doggy!

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Boo! I have an assortment of xanax lollipops here. What flavor would you like?

Im trying to remember. Isnt this a fairly new diagnosis? If so, have you seen a physical therapist.

And you just keep coming here, there is always someone that will make you smile.

Nicki
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Jan: Im shocked I missed you sneaking to the middle of the circle. I hope your feeling better now. Im having a glass of wine and want someone to play with.

Nicki
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Nicki, you found her!!! That's her cept she's a puppy. Looks just like her! Cool. Now why would somebody dump a dog like that? But the neighbor said she went all around here to find the owner. Nicki, is she an expensive dog? If so, maybe she's traveled a ways. she is wearing a collar but it's just a plain one with nothing on it. If she's pricey, I'll run an ad in the paper to see if I can find the owner. Or they may run an ad. Her name is Sinatra but I call her Nauty for short.

pals
    cheri
  • bearlysane111
    bearlysane111 Member Posts: 592
    edited March 2007
    Hi there,Nicki!
    Keep those pictures coming!!! You make my day! I have had a really tough week and just knowing you take the time to make us smile is so great! Thanks and Happy Saturday!

Happy weekend to all the CGs,

Iris
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2007
    You girls are the best! I just got home from a family outing and of course the first thing I had to do was check in here.

I take away ds computer priveleges when he doesn't go to school, I also take his ipod. That was a condition when he got the ipod in the first place. Today he asked when he could get back on the computer, how many days of school will it take. I told him at least this whole week. Then we are on spring break, and it would be punishment for ME if he couldn't use the computer! The whole consequence thing kind of hit home today, though. All season his team has been in first place (bowling) and today they lost it by one half a game! There's a pretty good chance that if he had bowled they would have won the season. Even if he could have gone to cheer on his teammates it probably would have helped. I told him that it was a choice he made, but to learn from it. He knows his friends are mad at him, but I'm just hoping he learned something. I hated making him miss, but I think it was the right decision.

On a happier note, I took the 3 boys, dd is at school, to see the new Ninja Turtle movie. We were such fans when my youngest was little, so it was fun. Then we ate at Micky D's and spent an hour at the park. It sure felt good to get some sunshine and fresh air. I think we all needed it.

Jan, I sure understand about the wanting to cry thing. I go through that for a few days at a time. I hope you are feeling better.

Vickie, you are one hot mama! Lookin good.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Iris: Awwwww! You made me blush. Im sorry you have had a really rough week. Been there many a time. Hope your feeling better soon and you make sure you keep coming back here.

Nicki
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    On a lighter note. My crocus bloomed today and this is what they look like.

• bearlysane111
    edited March 2007
    Hi to you,Nicki!
    Miss this place so much and had a major robbery at my house!!!
    Sometimes you want to scream--know what I mean? Anyway,at least I have met some nice repairmen! Ha! LOL!
    Best to you and I do LOVE your pics. You just find these incredible pictures like that boring one! I about fell out of my chair laughing so hard. Those little men may take me away---whatever! At least,I will not be as crazy as I was yesterday!

Have only read a few pages and Vicki,you look great! Best to you,Cheri and everyone else.

Iris
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Iris: You are sure a sweet person. Sorry about the robbery. Thats big stuff!! And scary too.

Now since I just fell asleep for a moment at the computer, me thinks I need to go to bed, watch some TV, eat some canoli, and go to sleep.

Nicki
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited March 2007
    Iris, sorry about the robbery. Must have been awful. What an invasion of your life.

Sorry to see you go, Nicki. Have a good night.
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2007
    Nicki - Yes this LE is fairly new. Have been dealing with it for just a few weeks and am still in the learning frustrated stage. I had 4 visits with PT. Taught me how to do drainage and kineseo tape and turned me lose. Things have improved but are not resolved. At least my arm is not involved.
    Always hope - I do have a camisole that applies mild pressure. I have not ordered a special garment.
    I know the changes from day to day on my chest wall is probably due to LE but it just has me spooked.
    Thanks for the lollies Nickie and I agree your pictures make me smile too!
    Sue
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007
    ahhh...home again...oh my it's late for this girl.
    Thanks for all the compliments ladies. Strange to see a picture of me that doesn't look like me but it really doesn't matter...I am still here!!!
    Gotta catch up...again...you girls are a busy bunch.
    Wanted to pop in and say goodnight and send love to you all.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007

Post deleted by cheri123

• jasmine
    edited May 2008

How adorable. He looks like a baby teddy bear!

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited March 2007
    He looks a LOT like a friend of mine's dog that is 1/2 chocolate lab and 1/2 huskey...I think that is where the blue eyes came from. He basically looks like a thiner chocolate lab with blue eyes

What a cutie
  • bearlysane111
    edited March 2007
    Thanks Nicki and Sherndon for the kind words. I said robbery and should have said burglary(thankfully,I was not here at the time). However,it is troublesome and feeling violated plus what was stolen. What is it abt tomorrow is a new day?
    Best to everyone else!Have been gone and am behind with the happenings of the circle girls. Been in my thoughts,though!

Wishing everyone a great Sun!

-----
    Iris