Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Options

Comments

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited February 2008
    Options
    Lini, thanks for the great songs
    newvicki, i won't even ask how you got sand in your thong.

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Member Posts: 282
    edited August 2006
    Options

Oh Susan, that is beautiful!!! You are so talented and it's absolutely perfect!!!

• 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited August 2006
    Options
    how the heck do you guys figure out that graphic stuff?????

i better put ewan to bed and go study!
  • Sandra1957
    Sandra1957 Member Posts: 1,064
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Whatcha studying? Ewan or are you a schoolgirl??
    My husband just suggested I go back to school and get my masters, but I don't want to strain my brain. I just want some bonehead job with some spare med. insurance. Want some backup. Nothing else. I can't picture myself reading texts and writing papers again. Those nightmares of showing up for a final you didn't know about will start all over again. Hey, who needs it when I've got campfires, marshmallows, and handsome cowboys??!!
  • bbmom
    bbmom Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Looks like I've missed alot tonight. but I'd like to pass on a blessing. My baby brother is an editor for a local paper and writes a weekly column. This is the last paragraph and pertains to all of us.

"Ask anyone in a crowd and you can be sure that everyone knows someone, a family member or friend, who has battled cancer. It is all too prevalent in our community. So to those people, such as my sister, who are courageously living each day as normally as possible, God bless you. And thank you for being examples for us lesser folks who grumble and complain over the smnallest, insignificant things."
  • Gus
    Gus Member Posts: 177
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Well, more insomnia for me, so I'll take the night shift. Maybe one of those handome cowboys will help me get sand in my thong, too!

Praying hard for all of us tonight!
    Sue
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited August 2006
    Options
    My goodness ladies! I'm gone on patrol for 4 hours and there were 122 posts here! You were busy Lini, I loved the shotgun poem...too funny. The sad truth is that I am getting good with the shotgun. we have had so darn many bears in the area this summer that for awhile I carried it everywhere, even to the chicken coop. Thank God I have not had to shoot at any bears, just targets this summer.

Deb C.
  • Sandra1957
    Sandra1957 Member Posts: 1,064
    edited August 2006
    Options

Shotgun Deb- That's "Smackwater Jack" by Carole King from my fav. album.

• MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I'm here to keep watch for awhile. You ladies that do the graphics - I have to do that sometime.

Margaret
  • silvergirl9114
    silvergirl9114 Member Posts: 310
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Time to bank the campfire and pull out the bedroll as we keep watch over our sisters.

Now all I have to do is find a way to go to sleep with Carol King running around inside my head!
  • trixiegram
    trixiegram Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2006
    Options
    sorry I was gone so long - but found and stacked up enough firewood to last for as long a seige is nesscessary. whew! good thing Libby helped me haul it into camp or i would still be out there.

even she is pooped! let her rest a little bit and all 150 pounds of her will patrol the camp or just cuddle with anyone needing some tlc.

gee! it took me awhile to catch up reading new posts.

brenda, loved what you wrote - so poignant. touched my heart.

as for provisions - looks like that is covered - from beds, food and drink - to close encounter companionship.

the link, posted by carrie, http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm
    was wonderful. I went to it and lit a candle and dedicated it to our sisters here. if you click on that link, and then click on (search) button(top left - then type "trix" in "search" box and BO.O in " group search" box, you will find message.

in my thoughts and prayers ladies,
    Niki

• 2up
    edited August 2006
    Options
    omg?????? is that your dog?????

i'm in love!
  • baldeagle
    baldeagle Member Posts: 97
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I hope there is room for another wagon round the fire. Brought some wood to keep the flames going.

It's a cloudless nite tonite and up above a zillion stars. The milkyway seems to get more crowded the longer I look.
    The big dipper is easy to spot - but can't find my way around Draco. Anybody good with astronomy? No moon to guide my way and can't tell if the bright thing in the south is a planet or big star.

Brought some smores and the beer - Rickards Red is a favorite. I'll make a red eye for any one who would like to try one. For the rest - peppermint tea - stopped along the trail and picked some on my way here.

The sage is in full bloom and the bundle I picked is sending warm aromas over the coals.

BTW - no one has applauded the cyotes. They are singing up a storm. And as they stop the quiet gurgle of the river finding its way over, round the boulders - glip, glop, gurgle, plop. And oh, the air so fresh and brisk.

Wrap my blankie around me and join in the singing.
    Jeannette
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Lini-

Now I have to go pull out my old Carole King albums...yes, albums and see if I can find the song I don't remember that one....

Deb C.
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Jeanette, Thank you for coming and bringing all these treats!
    What is a red eye???

The sage DOES smell wonderful...

But I don't think that is coyotes we are hearing... there is a lot of activity in the woods tonight...
  • 2up
    edited August 2006
    Options

redeye=beer and tomato juice.........in my neck of the woods it's beer and clamato juice......yummmmmmy!

• christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735
    edited August 2006
    Options

I just like to add beer to my Bloody Mary, when it's half gone...Oh wrong thread, I'm lost too.

• 2up
    edited August 2006
    Options

bwaaaaaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaa!

• baldeagle
    baldeagle Member Posts: 97
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I hope all that activity is not bears - it's berry time and they are porking up but we don't need then round the old fire.

We'll have to sing real loud.
  • nosurrender
    edited August 2006
    Options
    psst! Jeannette! SHHHH.. don't tell anyone...
    over there by the birches, Vickie and Kevin...
    See that chestnut tree? Fabio and Tina....
    I lost track of who all went off with the dancing cowboys...
    But pass me some more of the smores...
  • nosurrender
    edited August 2006
    Options

Alaina, that was beautiful. THANK YOU!

• AlaskaDeb
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Don't worry, I have Ginger, the brown bear chasing cocker spaniel with me She will keep all the bruins at bay. She and I are about ready to wrap up in our sleeping bag by the fire. One more round of prayers for all my sisters and we are off to sleep. Coyotes sing the best bed-time songs.

Peace my friends
    Deb C.
  • Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I'm signing in for the late hours. The mood is much lighter tonight. I have been here for awhile listening to the laughter and the campfire songs. Food has been good too. I have been looking for Kevin Costner but NS just said Vicki and Kevin were by the birches - heck, I figured I could at least get a hug!!!! Wo

Trixiegram gathered the wood and Silvergirl has banked the fire. Bed rolls are being opened. Wow the heavens are so bright tonight - I don't think I have ever seen such bright stars - I wonder. Seems last night I dozed off for a bit (sorry about that) and I heard singing and the voices were the most beautiful ones I have ever heard and then I saw angels. I couldn't decide for a moment if I was dreaming or if it was real. They hovered over each wagon for a moment as if giving it a blessing and then they came and stood holding hands around the fire - they were to numerous to count. They looked like they were praying and then they were gone. I just know they were our angel sisters coming to to encourage us to carry on, not to give up and to bless our endeavors.

Since then there has been this song that has played over and over in my mind. It goes like this:
    "When life held troubled times, and had me down on my knees
    There's always been someone there to come and comfort me.
    A kind word from a stranger, to lend a helping hand.
    And ain't it kind of unny that at the dark end of the road
    Someone lights the way with just a single ray of hope.

Oh, I believe in angels among us.
    Sent down to us from somewhere up above.
    They come to you and me in our darkest hours
    To show us how to live, to teach us how to give
    To guide us with a light of love.

They were so many faces, show up in the strangest places
    To guide us with their mercy, in our time of need.
    Oh I believe there are angels among us
    Sent down to us from somewhere up above
    They come to you and me in our darkest hours
    To show us how to live, to teach us how to give
    To guide us with a light of love"

BC angels, we won't disappoint you. You give us strength and courage. You have show us how to live, taught us how to give - you are not forgotten.

Sisters, sleep well. We are here, the circle keeps growing.
    We now have angels among us - they are the bright stars in the heavens that breaks the darkness of the night.
  • Deese
    Deese Member Posts: 50
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I will sleep well.

Denise
  • JoanofArdmore
    JoanofArdmore Member Posts: 19
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Dear Ones.
    Late, even for me,tonight.
    F2F socializing(so peculiar, when I'd really rather be here!)Try explaining THAT to company!
    May all be well.
  • JoJo
    JoJo Member Posts: 89
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Sorry I'm late for my shift tonight, well actually I've been here for a couple of hours now, reading all of the beautiful posts written today, and I didn't officially sign on for my shift, but I'm here and will be 'til dawn or a little later. I hope that all of our sisters in the middle of our circle are resting comfortably tonight and that their day will be brighter tomorrow.

Love and Hugs,
    JoJo
  • tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited August 2006
    Options
    Niki, why do we need horses when we have Libby? My Ted would just love to guard with her!
    Good morning cowgirls, Off to work and then treatment, but will be back to patrol. Have a calm and happier day. xoxo
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I am looking at the sun coming up over the horizon. It is making the sky a beautiful pink. I'm sitting here drinking my coffee, and thinking about all of my friends. So I magically gave everyone some dancing ability. I am picturing us standing in a circle around our wagons. Then, hit the music - we are doing Riverdance - the Irish way to chase all the bad cancer vibes away.

Its a lovely site. Pretty soon, I will have to catch me breath. From all the danicing. Take a shower and go to work.

We stand tall and strong together.

Nicki
  • tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited August 2006
    Options

I'm at work checking in, so look up to the ridge and I'll be sitting there. Not allowed to bring a gun to work, so I'll just whistle if danger approaches. Just look up and wave from time to time. Hugs

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited August 2006
    Options
    I'm at work and will check in as the day goes on. Have a rad appointment later...my skin is beginning to worry me a bit.
    Sending Kevin on to you ladies tonight...whew...to much for me, I'm exhausted...oh wait...that's just radiation exhaustion.
    Hope all our circled ladies had a sweet, peaceful, restful night. Any updates?
    No guns allowed here either but I do have cinnamon rolls!
    Hugs
    Vickie