Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Success Stories!

Options

Comments

• mary91953
    mary91953 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2020
    Options

Thank you, I will read these every day.

I'd had a huge lump in my breast since 2015 but the mammograms and ultrasounds didn't find it. (You could see it from across the room but that didn't phase my docs.) Finally in 2018 my hip started really hurting and lo and behold, breast cancer, stage IV.

I'm doing really well with treatment, and since I moved last Thanksgiving found a wonderful small in-person support group in Orange County, CA (and better doctors!!), but these online stories that I can read at home will be a godsend.

Best to you and all,

Mary

• Spepple
    Spepple Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2020
    Options

I am 55 and was diagnosed 5 years ago - Stage IV, with mets to spine and liver. Going strong at 5 years...just a few years ago, this would not have been the case.

• sweetgirl19
    sweetgirl19 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2020
    Options

Want to bump up this thread. It is so important to hear these stories!!

• Nico1012
    Nico1012 Member Posts: 1,152
    edited February 2020
    Options

Bumping for Violette . . .

• carmelle
    carmelle Member Posts: 133
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi! This week is my 17th anniversary. Diagnosed 2003 and started this thread way back then looking for hope. My baby boys are now 18 and 20. Breast Cancer isn't part of my daily, monthly awareness anymore but from time to time check in to make sure not forget that there are so many living in treatment and beyond. Big HUGS for all of you. Be kind to yourself. Love Michelle

• kiascia
    kiascia Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi what an inspiring thread! How long were you on hormone blockers?

• carmelle
    carmelle Member Posts: 133
    edited March 2020
    Options

ill private message u :)

• l8blmr
    l8blmr Member Posts: 78
    edited March 2020
    Options

Carmelle, thank you, thank you, thank you. It is posts like yours that bring a smile to my face, reminds me that the journey is doable and gives inspiration in times of doubt. I have to keep saying my mantra, "I have cancer, hear me ROAR!" Big hugs! And everyone have a great weekend!

• 32B
    32B Member Posts: 186
    edited March 2020
    Options

Happy anniversary Carmelle and thanks for continuing to check in! As I write this I'm at my med Onc's office waiting for a routine followup. 2 years out from my treatment and doing well.

• Nico1012
    edited April 2020
    Options

Bumping for Cookie . . .

• Nico1012
    edited April 2020
    Options

bumping for Trudy . . .

• jcp
    jcp Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2020
    Options

Mary, I'm glad you are doing okay. It's terrible thatcsone drs don't listen. I'm so sorry but you can do this! My mom had it in her bones for 12 years and was absolutely fine and this was years ago! God bless you. I'll keep you in my prayers. JCP

• francesca30
    francesca30 Member Posts: 63
    edited May 2020
    Options

I'm only 15 months NED, had 13 positive lymph nodes which terrifies me still. Good thing , I met 2 stage3 survivors who helped me during my treatment who are now my good friends. One is a 21year survivor -diagnosed at 26, hormone positive with 4 infected lymph nodes, while the other one is triple negative (she had 19 positive lymph nodes)and 11 years out- diagnosed at 40. I pray I'll be like them with many years cancer free❤️🙏🏼

• SLL101984
    SLL101984 Member Posts: 162
    edited May 2020
    Options

Just checking in for those who are new. May 21 marked two years cancer free for me!! Diagnosed at 33, bilateral mastectomy, no chemo or radiation, no positive lymph nodes, reconstruction, and tamoxifen for two years next month. Other than some side effects from the tamox. I’m doing very well!

• Nico1012
    edited May 2020
    Options

Bumping . . .

• 32B
    edited June 2020
    Options

Congrats SLL!

• Nico1012
    edited June 2020
    Options

bumping for Mary . . .

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited June 2020
    Options

in 5 months it will be 20.

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited June 2020
    Options

9 years!

I recall a post around the time I was diagnosed wherein a person asked why there were no long term survivors in this forum and a wise person answered that it was because they were off living their lives. A few did respond and seeing those survivors gave me great hope for my own survival. I decided then to come back every year that I can and let y'all know that I'm still alive and kicking! It's been 9 years, here's to (hopefully) many more!

• newnorm
    newnorm Member Posts: 53
    edited June 2020
    Options

Thanks SoCalLisa and NWArtLady for coming back to these boards. Great to read. May there be many more years for all of us. Xx

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,973
    edited June 2020
    Options

Over 13 years out. Doing great!

• sgreenarch
    sgreenarch Member Posts: 253
    edited June 2020
    Options

I also haven't been here in a long time, but used to come to this place often for inspiration. I am a month shy of 10 years. I will never forget how frightened I was in the summer of 2010 and how it took a long time to calm down. I think that in 2020 you have more reasons to feel optimistic and hopeful; treatments and screening have advanced. I have days now, even weeks, where I don't think about breast cancer, something I would never have thought possible years ago. I do know that recurrence is always possible, but then so are other things. I've learned to live life, seeing that worrying wasted hours of happiness. Can't be helped at first, but know that many go on to live normally after this initial hard time. Sending love.

• Nico1012
    edited June 2020
    Options

Thank You, sgreenarch ~ You are an inspiration for all of us!

• vanessa99
    vanessa99 Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2020
    Options

I am 11 years out. I live every day to the fullest.

• 32B
    edited July 2020
    Options

Congratulations Vanessa! That's wonderful!

• Nico1012
    edited July 2020
    Options

Bumping for Sheila . . .

• Nico1012
    edited August 2020
    Options

Bumping for Melbo . . .

• Nico1012