Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Success Stories!

Options

Comments

• brittonkb
    brittonkb Member Posts: 81
    edited November 2020
    Options

Thanks for posting Lisa! So great to hear updates like this!

• newnorm
    newnorm Member Posts: 53
    edited November 2020
    Options

Congratulations SoCalLisa that’s wonderful and provides hope to so many of us.

• Nico1012
    Nico1012 Member Posts: 1,152
    edited January 2021
    Options

Bumping for BethAnn . . .

• Tpralph
    Tpralph Member Posts: 281
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hello everyone! 4 year survivor here, stage 2 b back in 2017 had bilateral mastectomy and diep reconstruction

doing well, keeping weight off and exercising daily!

back to work regularly (nurse practitioner)

feeling well, lots of energy however do get some stiffness from the tamoxifen I'm on and hot flashes from time to time

Oh and also developed lymphadema which i am keeping under control for most part. Hand still swells, using compression glove and sleeve daily

Hang in there, it will get better!

• carmelle
    carmelle Member Posts: 133
    edited January 2021
    Options

Congrats SoCal! Thats such inspiring news.

• prepmom
    prepmom Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2021
    Options

My mom is a 28 year survivor! She was diagnosed at 48 and had a unilateral MX. No tamoxifen as it was not yet standard practice. I'm so grateful to say that she is the busiest, healthiest 76 year old I know and has never had any issues with her remaining breast. Since her diagnosis she's eaten healthy, drinks no alcohol and walks outside or on her treadmill 3 miles / 5 days a week. As a recent breast cancer patient myself, she is truly my inspiration!

• Nico1012
    edited January 2021
    Options

Thank You, prepmom, for your inspirational story and best wishes to you for your own journey.

• 32B
    32B Member Posts: 186
    edited February 2021
    Options

Thanks SoCalLisa, tpralph, and prepmom for your stories!

This month is my 3 year anniversary of my UMX. Other than raging PMS from Tamoxifen, my life is pretty much back to normal.

• Nico1012
    edited February 2021
    Options

Bumping for Sally . . .

• Nico1012
    edited February 2021
    Options

Bumping for Latricia . . .

• Nico1012
    edited February 2021
    Options

Bumping for Darlene . . .

• carmelle
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hi! Just wanted post that I started this thread in March 2003, no idea would still be active in 2021. Let alone me.

Big HUG to all going through diagnosis and treatment. It's a rough period for many but I never think about BC anymore unless somebody else mentions. We can move on and forget. Lots LOVE.

• juju-mar
    juju-mar Member Posts: 200
    edited March 2021
    Options

Carmelle,

Thank you so much for posting! Some days are harder to be positive about a long future, but when I read a post from someone with a similar diagnosis, it makes all the difference! Thank you. I hope to post down the road for newbies and offer some positive energy and a success story

Julie

• Nico1012
    edited March 2021
    Options

Bumping for Paige . . .

• Nico1012
    edited March 2021
    Options

Bumping for Jocelyn . . .

• Nico1012
    edited March 2021
    Options

Bumping for Linda . . .

• carmelle
    edited March 2021
    Options

Thanks Julie. Felt the same way as you do now. Hug. Michelle

• 32B
    edited April 2021
    Options

I don't think I've checked in yet this year, but in February I was 3 years cancer free. Doing ok on Tamoxifen and looking forward to the future.

• pebblesv
    pebblesv Member Posts: 486
    edited April 2021
    Options

Congrats 32B and thx for checking in! Glad to hear you are doing well on tamoxifen. I’m 2.5 years in, just had a clear mammogram and also on tamoxifen which I have a love-hate relationship with LOL.

• Nico1012
    edited April 2021
    Options

Bumping for Georgia . . .

• 32B
    edited April 2021
    Options

Thanks Pebbles and congrats on your clear mammogram! Always a relief. I definitely hear you on the love-hate relationship with Tamoxifen! I get some pretty severe mood swings but otherwise it hasn't been bad so far.

• Nico1012
    edited May 2021
    Options

Bumping for Carrie . . .

• Nico1012
    edited June 2021
    Options

Bumping for Pam . . .

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited June 2021
    Options

I’m back!

I recall a post around the time I was diagnosed wherein a person asked why there were no long term survivors in this forum and a wise person answered that it was because they were off living their lives. A few did respond and seeing those survivors gave me great hope for my own survival. I decided then to come back every year that I can and let y'all know that I'm still alive and kicking! It's now been *10* years, here's to (hopefully) many more!

Hang in there, everyone. <3

• l8blmr
    l8blmr Member Posts: 78
    edited June 2021
    Options

Thank you for the post NWArtLady. We all appreciate it and congratulations on 10 years!

I'm pushing 4 years and feeling pretty good myself.

• dutchiegirl
    dutchiegirl Member Posts: 76
    edited June 2021
    Options

I don’t know if I’ve posted here already but my mom was diagnosed in 1998 with Stage 3C ILC, ER+PR+, 13 positive nodes. She had a BMX, chemo (she doesn’t remember the type of chemo), radiation and tamoxifen. She dropped the tamoxifen after a few short months and is still doing well 23 years later. She was such a help and comfort to me when I was going through treatment. She was 58 when she was diagnosed and will turn 81 this year!

I’m now 2.5 years past diagnosis. And June 11th is my 2 year anniversary of the end of chemo! And life is good!

• loverofjesus
    loverofjesus Member Posts: 174
    edited June 2021
    Options

It is wonderful to hear about your momma. I’m so frightened. There are days when I just get scared. I want to live. I want to see my grandkids grow up and my youngest child get out of high school and get married and have kids. Today is one of those fearful days for some reason.

• juju-mar
    juju-mar Member Posts: 200
    edited June 2021
    Options

loverofJesus,

Hugs to you! You are in the very beginning still. Give it time. I am 10 months post diagnosis and feel so much more positive about a long future. At one month past diagnosis, not so much....Best of luck to you on this roller coaster of emotions. I have a blog with my experience, if you are interested...

Jujuscancerjourney.Wordpress.com

Julie

• dutchiegirl
    dutchiegirl Member Posts: 76
    edited June 2021
    Options

LoverofJesus, you are in the worst part of all of this. But I’ve come to realize that soooo many people do well, and move on with their lives and put breast cancer in the rear view mirror. I don’t think we ever truly forget but life does get better. I’m 2.5 years out from very aggressive breast cancer diagnosis and doing better every day. Things WILL get better for you!

• Nico1012
    edited June 2021
    Options

Bumping for Erika . . .