Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Success Stories!

Options

Comments

• sgreenarch
    sgreenarch Member Posts: 253
    edited April 2018
    Options

SLL, I keep this one thread open as a favorite, just so I can respond now and then, and also see encouraging stories. I don’t think any of us ever tires of hearing good stories! Wanted to tell you that I was dx w Stage 1 ILC in July of 2010. Almost 8 years later still going strong, thank God. Feeling fine. Took tamoxifen (for me, manageable,) then switched to Femara when the time came (also manageable.) There’s a nice ILC thread here, but my advice is to find a good dr and center that you like (It’s ok to get a few opinions if you want to,) and then feel confident and move forward. Wishing you lots of luck and good health.

• Nico1012
    Nico1012 Member Posts: 1,152
    edited May 2018
    Options

Bumping for Brooke . . .

• meow13
    meow13 Member Posts: 1,363
    edited May 2018
    Options

I am 7 years out and NED. I had one ilc and one idc but no nodes.

• NWArtLady
    NWArtLady Member Posts: 239
    edited June 2018
    Options

I recall a post around the time I was diagnosed wherein a person asked why there were no long term survivors in this forum and a wise person answered that it was because they were off living their lives. A few did respond and seeing those survivors gave me great hope for my own survival. I decided then to come back every year that I can and let y’all know that I’m still alive and kicking! It’s been 7 years, here’s to (hopefully) many more!

Remember, when you’re going through hell, keep going. ~Churchill

• preludesing
    preludesing Member Posts: 64
    edited June 2018
    Options

Thank you so much for all the hope! This thread is like my favourite blanket...keeps me warm and safe from cold, dark thoughts. Bless you all 💐💐

• Nico1012
    edited June 2018
    Options

Thank You for the kind words, PreludeSing. We all owe a debt of gratitude to Carmelle for starting this thread those many years ago and keeping it going.

• preludesing
    preludesing Member Posts: 64
    edited June 2018
    Options

Yes Nico 😊😊..Thank you Carmelle!!!!!

• ToughCookie101
    ToughCookie101 Member Posts: 119
    edited June 2018
    Options

My mom was a 9 year survivor when she passed unexpectedly of something else. Otherwise she would have kept thriving! :) She had multi focal (three tumors in one breast), IDC, ER/PR positive. I'll be back in 9 years with many of you ladies to report the same. :)

• carmelle
    carmelle Member Posts: 133
    edited September 2018
    Options

bumping for new :) Hugs to all!

• adelozier
    adelozier Member Posts: 30
    edited September 2018
    Options

Cant stop crying after a reoccurance to my nodes. I could really use these stories. I had a mamoprint and it came back high risk... Im.a young mom and crushed

• heatherpsalm34-4
    heatherpsalm34-4 Member Posts: 50
    edited October 2018
    Options

this thread is AMAZING and so encouraging!!! Thanks to all who shared!!!

• Nico1012
    edited October 2018
    Options

bumping for Shanell . . .

• nowheregirl
    nowheregirl Member Posts: 55
    edited October 2018
    Options

Don't freak out! Lymph node(s) involvement is NOT a death sentence. I had 2 positive nodes and now am 13 years out.

• Nico1012
    edited October 2018
    Options

Bumping for Kay . . .

• Asaka
    Asaka Member Posts: 11
    edited October 2018
    Options

bump

• Nico1012
    edited October 2018
    Options

Bumping for Rose . . .

• Nico1012
    edited October 2018
    Options

Bumping for Jayla . . .

• rachelcarter35
    rachelcarter35 Member Posts: 256
    edited October 2018
    Options

I think the very best antidote to panic from a new DX is rubbing elbows with survivors.

• Nico1012
    edited November 2018
    Options

Bumping for Carmen . . .

I agree Rachel ~ It's hopeful and calming to know that so many survive and thrive.

• carmelle
    carmelle Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2018
    Options

hi angela...this is me Michelle Smye Hughes, didnt know u were on here. Started this thread in 2003. sorry my love for your recurrence. perhaps down the road it was a good thing to get you more tx as ur heart was saying u needed prior to the 2nd diagnosis. thats what i feel. pray for you and ur lovely family. big hug!! youre strong and beautiful.

• Nico1012
    edited November 2018
    Options

Bumping for Lynda . . .

• ButterflyLily
    ButterflyLily Member Posts: 101
    edited November 2018
    Options

A friend of mine's mom was diagnosed with stage IV 15 years ago, She is still going strong, goes on social functions and stays busy. And she also looks great! Hugs to all.

• Nico1012
    edited December 2018
    Options

Bumping for Pam . . .

• snooky1954
    snooky1954 Member Posts: 850
    edited December 2018
    Options

Hello to all you Dear Ladies, 

I have no story to tell, YET.  Right now, I'm in a dark place but, your stories have worked their magic on me too. Plus my LORD, I wonder if Jesus ever gets tired of picking me up off the floor. Smile.  It's the Christmas Season and I've decided no more worries for now. Celebrate Life and what Happened on that cross over 2000 years ago.  So thank you dear friends for reaching out and offering comfort as only a BC survivor can. Thank You for encourging me to Smile again.   Cyber Hugs and Love to all   Sue

• Nico1012
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hello snooky1954, Thank You so much for your positive message. Keep smiling, keep believing, and visit here often. Messages like yours help lift up all of us.

• Nico1012
    edited January 2019
    Options

Bumping for Denise . . .

• Nico1012
    edited February 2019
    Options

Bumping for Rhonda . . .

• 32B
    32B Member Posts: 186
    edited February 2019
    Options

I was diagnosed with DCIS in January 2018 at the age of 32, just as my husband and I were starting to plan for having children. Among other things, I was scared of all the ways that breast cancer can affect your fertility.

A little over a year later, I am thrilled to be cancer-free, fully recovered from a UMX so that I have one healthy breast for nursing, confirmed BRCA negative, and 5 months pregnant with a healthy and active little girl!

• pebblesv
    pebblesv Member Posts: 486
    edited February 2019
    Options

Oh wow 32B congratulations and thank you for sharing!

• 32B
    32B Member Posts: 186
    edited February 2019
    Options

:)