Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

New Want To Play A Word Game

Options

Comments

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited August 2016
    Options

I have so many LISTS going. Are you saying I need to add a list about the number of steps I take and the number of carbs I eat? Oh my, I think I need to add "bake cookies" to my to do list for today..

• downdog
    downdog Member Posts: 830
    edited August 2016
    Options

Eating carbs and working with weights and doing LIFTS at the gym will really boost your metabolism.

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,220
    edited August 2016
    Options

I shoot to eat only 20g of carbs a day. I find that the protein and fat really FILLS me up and have tons of energy when I'm in ketosis. I also sleep better. We have recently joined a gym and I agree about the lifting. It is great to keep your muscle strength!

• downdog
    edited August 2016
    Options

I have seen a lot of people have fast weight loss results on low carbs, but they are usually not maintainable long term and someone FAILS to achieve long term goals and yoyos back and forth. To do any activity with intensity, including weights, you need quality carbs to fuel your body. Aside from pregnancies, I have been 110 lbs +/- 2 lbs (5'7") for 40 years. I eat 300g complex carbs, veggies and fruit a day. Lots of protein as well, and healthy fats.

• magiclight
    edited August 2016
    Options

I would be doing FLIPS if I could get my 5'8" self down to 110, but for me that is unreasonable unless I get really sick. Guess I will just continue to enjoy my 140#life and my ongoing dislike of food preparation. I see those veggies going bad in my fridge and then pop a few chips. Now I'm full and can come to the computer and exercise my typing fingers! I just read that 1oz of dark chocolate is 12 carbs - doing that math I'd better run out and buy more chocolate to get in my carbs SillyHeart

• downdog
    edited August 2016
    Options

Best not to use dark chocolate as a substitute for fruits and veggies and let those SPOIL in your fridge, but it's personal choice. Eating 1 oz of dark chocolate a day is healthy as long as you balance it with a nutritional diet. Dark chocolate is loaded with heart-healthy flavonoids and the higher the cocoa content, the better the nutritional value. Carbs decrease as the % increases, but fat will increase. Enjoy your dark chocolate at the highest % you like the taste of; just be aware calories and fat content are high, if you choose to eat more than 1 oz.Pure cocoa powder is also great if you like to bake.

• magiclight
    edited August 2016
    Options

All this talk of rich dark chocolate makes me think of another rich color and that is the rich blue of OPALS. Wikipedia offers lots of info on the origins of birthstones and also birth flowers. October birth flowers are Calendula and Marigold which symbolize winning grace; protection; comfort; healing. Wow another learning moment.

• zogo
    edited August 2016
    Options

Speaking of gems and chocolate, have you seen chocolate diamonds? I bet the cost LOADS of money.

• magiclight
    edited August 2016
    Options

In little girl's fairy tales she must kiss lots of TOADS to get her chocolate diamond. Today she can earn her own money and buy whatever she likes. Yeah!

• zogo
    edited August 2016
    Options

In my youth, I'm sure I kissed a few DOLTS that would earn me a chocolate diamond.

• magiclight
    edited August 2016
    Options

I bet you found a keeper that STOLE your heart. Or maybe not.

• downdog
    edited August 2016
    Options

I certainly hope she found a keeper and not a LOSER.

• zogo
    edited August 2016
    Options

I was CLOSE to getting married before...was engaged twice before I found Mr. Right. We will be married 25 years in February. But. we won't have an actual anniversary because we were married on Leap Day.

• magiclight
    edited August 2016
    Options

This whole long term relationship proves to be a slippery SLOPE for many leading downhill.to divorce and then uphill to a brighter future.

• downdog
    edited August 2016
    Options

it is sad that so many relationships don't last; everyone HOPES that their relationship will endure.

• magiclight
    edited August 2016
    Options

Shopping therapy is a stress reliever for me, just wandering around SHOPS and not thinking about anything special is enjoyable.

• zogo
    edited August 2016
    Options

I love shopping on SHIPS! Shall we go on another cruise?

• magiclight
    edited August 2016
    Options

OK, let's go on a yacht then it is easier to find SLIPS for rent in scenic harbors.

• zogo
    edited August 2016
    Options

Sounds great! I love this yacht. I think I will head over to that bar with the cute bartender. Don't let me drink too many margaritas or I might SPILL. That would alcohol abuse!

Loopy

• magiclight
    edited September 2016
    Options

It is so quiet out here on these Alaskan waters that when everyone is very STILL you can hear the whales talking.

• zogo
    edited September 2016
    Options

Watching and listening to the whales was awesome. But, now with the waves, I get kind of seasick when the boat LISTS to the left.

Hope the waters calm down soon!

• zogo
    edited October 2017
    Options

This thread has been hanging so long that I hope it LASTS. Please help start it up again :-)

• Sara536
    Sara536 Member Posts: 5,937
    edited December 2017
    Options

Whenever I come up with a plan that makes perfectly good sense to me, some doctor enters 100,000 more people into the equation and starts rattling off a bunch of STATS.

• zogo
    edited December 2017
    Options

Some doctors think they are rock STARS, but I don't usually put them on a pedestal. When you find a good one, hang on to them!

• tessu
    tessu Member Posts: 1,294
    edited December 2017
    Options

When you’ve been as sedentary as I’ve been for over a month, it’s difficulat to START regular exercise again :(

• biscuits
    biscuits Member Posts: 2,158
    edited December 2017
    Options

When we entered the tent set up st the fair, the old gypsy woman sat behind a ramshackle table. "Come in and take a seat" she lisped. Before her, she spread out her set of TAROT cards. I wasn't sure that I wanted to hear what was in my future..

• zogo
    edited December 2017
    Options

Are we going to the fair? Let's see what kind of TREAT looks good. It seems there is always something deep fried or "on a stick" (or both).

Hope you got a good reading from the gypsy, Biscuits!

• biscuits
    biscuits Member Posts: 2,158
    edited December 2017
    Options

Yum...I can literally TASTE the footlong corn dogs, deep fried Twinkies, and elephant ears! I can almost hear the "barkers" at the carnival booths and see the lights on the ferris wheel in the evening darkness.

• zogo
    edited December 2017
    Options

Have you been over to the pig races yet? Boy, can they run fast! And look for the booth nearby with the STEAM coming out of it. It's a Mini-Donut shack!

• zogo
    edited May 2020
    Options

It MAKES me happy to find this old thread. If anyone finds it, let's start playing again! Take the last word and change one letter. Make it part of a fun adventure story!