Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

New Want To Play A Word Game

Options

Comments

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,220
    edited October 2020
    Options

Oh I love a good martini. And when they PRESS some blue cheese in the olives, it's my favorite! Think our new firends will like martinis too?

(Oh I'm so sorry about your brother. So glad you got to see him. This covid thing has been so hard on families. My MIL is in assisted living and we don't really get to visit with her. You are right, the holidays will be very difficult. I was kind of surprised we are actually having Trick or Treat on Halloween)

• mom2bill
    mom2bill Member Posts: 7,449
    edited October 2020
    Options

The guys have accepted the invitation to join us for a drink, so we’ll find out soon if they are martini or beer drinkers. The bar is awfully crowded, but luckily a table just opened up next to that lady in the blue DRESS.

(I’m from a family of 7 kids, and we typically get together for Thanksgiving and on Christmas Eve. Everyone brings a dish since there are over 20 of us. So, if it’s not possible for all of us to gather this year, I’m going to have to figure out how to cook something other than sweet potatoes, which was always my assigned dish 😏

• zogo
    edited October 2020
    Options

They just wiped the table down to disinfect it. As soon as it DRIES, let's go grab a seat with our guys. Looks like they are drinking beer...it is Octoberfest after all 🍻 🍺

(I'm sure you will cook a fabulous meal for your own family! I spoke too soon, they just cancelled Trick or Treat in our neighborhood. But, we did go see some fun music last night. Outdoors at a local Octoberfest. My son got a free glass mug.)

• mom2bill
    edited October 2020
    Options

Beer it is! I wouldn’t mind ordering some appetizers too. Those big pretzels look awfully good, but to be honest, I really like FRIES with beer. If we hit it off with the guys, maybe they’ll want to go for something to eat after we leave here.

(What a great picture of your handsome son! That’s quite a beer stein too. It’s nice that you have been able to find some fun things to do. My son is beginning to climb the walls, although his classes started last week, so he’s getting busier. He turned 21 in August, so we found a restaurant with a nice outdoor patio for his birthday dinner and a chance to order his first drink 🍷)

• SoulShine1969
    SoulShine1969 Member Posts: 2,843
    edited October 2020
    Options

Yum, fries and beer; I'll RAISE my glass to that!!

(What a handsome young man your son is, Zogo! Mom2bill, hopefully your son isn't too bored now that the semester has started for him.)

• zogo
    edited October 2020
    Options

Great toast...cheers! And great music! Let's dance with the guys in the AISLE.

(Thanks ladies, I think he's pretty cute myself, but it's nice to hear from others. I'm kind of sad b/c he has a good job offer here in Milwaukee, but has a second interview tomorrow with a company in Utah. If he gets that offer, he will jump at the chance to move, even if it's less money. It's so hard to let go.)

• mom2bill
    edited October 2020
    Options

I think I’m going to dance my way to the door for some fresh air. The guy I just danced with smelled like STALE cigarette smoke!

(That’s great that your son has those job prospects, and I can understand your hoping that he’ll take the one closer to home. My son was offered a job at the company for which he has been interning the past 4 years, so he’s set for after he graduates. I’m happy that he’ll have a job, but even happier that it is in the area. They’ve got to move on sometime, but I prefer it to be later, rather than sooner! )

• zogo
    edited October 2020
    Options

Ok, Let's roust all our guys from the TABLE and dance them out the door. We can actually hear conversation out there!

(You are so lucky to have your son nearby. As I might have guessed, my son's interview went great and he will accept the job in Salt Lake City. I've spent the afternoon crying, but can't let him see that. He's so excited. He will be flying out for a plant tour next week)

• mom2bill
    edited October 2020
    Options

Although the band is great, who can BLAME us for wanting to go outside where we can more easily converse? It’s easier to get to know people when you’re not shouting at them!

(I’m happy for your son, but sad for you. We want to see our kids happy and to be supportive of their choices, but man it’s hard. It nearly killed me when our son started college 20 miles away, so I know I’ll be a mess should he decide to move out of the area. Your son is young and I’m sure he’s looking forward to this new adventure and an opportunity to be completely independent. When he’s successful, you will know that you have done your job as a parent. But, it still sucks! 🙁

• zogo
    edited October 2020
    Options

Outside is much better. And the guys followed us! Just in time, as it now sounds like the band is playing heavy METAL.

(Your comment had me look it up. He will be 1500 miles away...But, it does sound like he will have a good manager and be challenged while learning a lot. His friends that live out there are very excited to have him back (he did an internship there) and they have a room he can rent. My heart is just sad)

• mom2bill
    edited October 2020
    Options

Yes, it’s definitely better out here, and I’m enjoying getting to know our new friends. If we all hit it off, maybe LATER we can suggest moving on to a bar that’s not so crowded.

(Now that I know your son has friends in Utah who are looking forward to his return, I can understand his enthusiasm for making the move. I think the pandemic has a lot of young people looking forward to getting on with their lives. Not just young people I guess, but I think it’s really taking a toll on them. Hang in there.)

• zogo
    edited October 2020
    Options

I'd be happy to show them another bar AFTER we get a bite to eat. What were we looking for? Fries? And maybe a burger? Plus beer of course!

(I think we ALL are ready to get back to "normal" life!)

• mom2bill
    edited October 2020
    Options

A burger and fries sounds good to me, and the guys are on board with the plan. They have great personalities and have me laughing so hard that I have TEARS running down my face!

(Honestly, I’m not sure I even remember what normal life looks like at this point. I left my job mid December 2019 fully expecting to return to work after about a 4 month medical leave, but along came Covid which essentially forced me into unplanned early retirement. Between the BC, leaving my job, and life with Covid restrictions, I’m still trying to find that “new normal” that everyone talks about.

• zogo
    edited October 2020
    Options

A sense of humor is definitely attractive! Look at the STARS out tonight, let's finish our burgers, grab a drink and go for a walk on the beach.

(got an invitation last night to a private barn with a favorite bluegrass band, Chicken Wire Empire. Here are a couple clips I took)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cihuwQY3Z0c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW5gFOfS0Po

• SoulShine1969
    edited October 2020
    Options

The stars are beautiful! I think a walk on the beach sounds like fun! I sure hope that it doesn’t START to rain.

(Zogo the barn party looks like it was a fun time! Great band too! Mom2bill, I agree about the new normal. Nothing resembles the old way of life.

• mom2bill
    edited October 2020
    Options

I’m up for a walk on the beach. Let’s finish this game of DARTS first.

(Glad you had fun last night, Zogo. I enjoyed the video clips. Our neighbors had one of their backyard parties last night, complete with a live band. Unfortunately, I didn’t think they were that good, so it wasn’t much of a treat this time! SS, are you finding any fun distractions to help pass the time?)

• SoulShine1969
    edited October 2020
    Options

I love darts! Unfortunately, I'm not a very good player. I hope I don't accidentally hit anyone with a STRAY dart!

(Sometimes a bad band is worse than no band at all! This summer I kept busy at our lake house, boating and paddle boarding and hanging out with my kids. I keep a garden at each house so that kept me busy too, but now that it's getting colder I need to clean it up for the winter soon. A few weeks ago I came down with the dreaded CO-VID, so all my energy lately has been towards getting better. Today is the first day with no fever- YAY!)

• mom2bill
    edited October 2020
    Options

I understand your concern. Even sober, I’m not a great player. If I have one more drink I might SPRAY darts all over the room!

(I’m so sorry to hear you caught Covid SS, and I wish you a full and speedy recovery. Yes, I would have preferred no band at all this weekend, although I’ve got to admit that I have been enjoying the free entertainment up to this point. 😊)

• zogo
    edited November 2020
    Options

Be careful, those darts can be very SHARP! Let's choose teams with the guys. Maybe they are better dart players.

(Just got back from our trip to Utah. First day at work, my son was in meetings with a guy that got a positive covid test. What a way to start your new career! I had him stock up on some good supplements for immunity.

SS, are you feeling better?)

• mom2bill
    edited November 2020
    Options

Given how much they have been drinking, I’m not sure that the guys are in any SHAPE to play darts. Heading out to get something to eat might be the safest plan!

(Other than the Covid exposure, I hope your son is settling into his new job and that you had a good trip. I’m sure it was hard to leave 🙁).

• zogo
    edited November 2020
    Options

You are probably right. A PAUSE in the drinking might be a very good idea! What are you hungry for? I'm game to find a cute restaurant on the beach.

• mom2bill
    edited November 2020
    Options

If you like Italian food, I know a great restaurant on the beach that makes the best spaghetti SAUCE. Their pizza is also wonderful if you’re not in the mood for pasta.

(I’m making myself hungry 🙂.)

• zogo
    edited November 2020
    Options

Oooo, Italian food sounds so good. Think they will have SPACE for all of us? And since I gave up carbs in real life, I will be happy to splurge on pasta and pizza here in the virtual world. Yum!!

• SoulShine1969
    edited November 2020
    Options

I love this PLACE! I could eat Italian food everyday! Good choice!

• zogo
    edited November 2020
    Options

Look at that PLATE of garlic bread!! It will be great to soak up some of the alcohol from all the drinks earlier. But, I do see some great Italian wine on the menu.

• mom2bill
    edited November 2020
    Options

I hope you saved room for dessert. Both the cannoli and tiramisu are terrific. I’m stuffed right now, but maybe we can share one (or both) LATER.

(Zogo if you were serious about going carb free, you have my undying respect!)

• zogo
    edited November 2020
    Options

I will TRADE you a bite of my panna cotta for a bite of your tiramisu! And a cup of cappuccino to top it off.

(yes, when I did research into diet, I found that carbs=sugar, which is not good for you and can feed cancer too. I follow a science-based group on facebook called Optimal Ketogenic Living. The founder, Raymund Edwards, is a brilliant Australian that has done countless hours of research. He has worked with several people and has helped reverse cancer, heart disease, diabetes. The testimonials are inspiring. I will eat this way for life!)

• mom2bill
    edited November 2020
    Options

If you’d like to taste my tiramisu, you’d better do it now. Although I complained of being stuffed, you’ll notice that there’s hardly a TRACE of Tiramisu left on my plate.

(I’ll have to take a look at that, but frankly I’m not sure I have the discipline to go entirely carb free. We did cut back on simple carbs a few years ago, but we use various pasta dishes to go meatless a couple of times a week. What’s an Italian to do? 🙂)

• zogo
    edited November 2020
    Options

No worries, I won't take your last crumbs of the Tiramisu. But, please pass the CREAM for my coffee. I'm going to need this caffeine if we are going to keep the night kicking! Where should be head next?

(Good job on cutting carbs. Tough to be low carb AND Italian!)

• mom2bill
    edited November 2020
    Options

I have an idea about what to do next. There’s a great bluegrass band playing across town. If we leave now and drive like Speed RACER, we can catch the opening set of Chicken Wire Empire!