Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

New Want To Play A Word Game

Options

Comments

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,218
    edited September 2020
    Options

Maybe it would be SAFER if we just sit here and watch other people try singing! Looks like there is quite a group a characters waiting to take the mic.

(many people find acupuncture helpful for a variety of issues. My sister-in-law is a vet and she even does acupuncture on animals. Hope you can find some help with the side effects. My son got his EE in May and the other one is Manufacturing engineering.)

• mom2bill
    mom2bill Member Posts: 7,449
    edited September 2020
    Options

I think you're right. Let's sit back and enjoy the show. Maybe we can talk about where we should head AFTER we leave this wonderful beach community?

(Pretty neat. A family of STEM majors. At least you can converse with your sons and understand what they're talking about! I ask my son about his classes and he tries to explain things in a way I'll understand, but 🤷♀️ Did your sons go to school together, or go their separate ways? )

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

What a TREAT to go on another adventure. Let's not take a train or a boat so you don't feel ill. Should we jump in that Limo that is parked out front?

(one went to RIT in Rochester, NY, other went to University of Wisconsin, Madison...after taking a break and starting a virtual reality development company)

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

Taking a Limo is a great idea. Since it’s from one of the top RATED companies, I bet the driver will have some good suggestions about what sites are worth seeing.

( I can’t imagine having more than one kid in college at the same time, especially in two different locations. We only live about 20 miles from where my son has been going to school, and moving him in and out of the dorm was always an adventure. I’m glad that he was admitted to where he really wanted to go, and that it happened to be in state. So much easier, I think.)

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

The Limo driver said there are chilled bottles of GREAT champagne we can pop! And that we will be picking up some fun people just down the road. Wonder what we are in for!

(When my son in NY left in early March, he packed up all his stuff for the last time, drove a UHaul truck and pulled his car on a trailer. There was snow on the way and drove through downtown Chicago. I was on pins and needles until he arrived. You're so lucky to have you son so close!)

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

What are we waiting for? Let’s hit the road and GREET our new companions. I hope we’re all compatible.

(I tried really hard not to influence my son’s college application choices, but believe me, I was ecstatic when he decided on Ucla. Guess I wasn’t quite ready to face an empty nest. He’d come home once a month which kept me going...I was even happy to do his laundry! Your son’s trip from NY would have done me in! )

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

There are THREE women and three men. Looks like we're in with a bridal party. Let's pop that champagne!

(I almost got in a limo with Paul Simon and his band in Peoria, IL many moons ago. But, I didn't want to leave my date, who is now my husband!)

• SoulShine1969
    SoulShine1969 Member Posts: 2,843
    edited September 2020
    Options

If THERE is room for another in this party limo I’d love to hop in too! I brought more champagne 🥂. Toast to the happy couple!

(Zogo - I love Paul Simon that must have been a great show!)

(Mom2bill - I had to laugh at your comment about the laundry! I’ve got two kids in college and that’s the deal; you come home and I’ll do your laundry. It’s so worth it!

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

How on EARTH could we say no, SoulShine? There is always room for one more at this party! And thanks for the champagne. Cheers!

(Right during the Graceland Tour! With all the backing singers from South Africa. It was amazing. Chicago was sold out so we went down to Peoria for the night. Stayed in the same hotel as the band across the street from the venue)

(SS, where are your kids in college?)

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

The more the merrier! Limos are huge THESE days, so there’s plenty of room. How can we turn down extra champagne?

(Zogo, that could have been an exciting ride, but sounds like you made the right choice!)

( SoulShine, as parents we have to use all the tools we have, including bribery 😏

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

Oops! I got interrupted and took so long to submit my post, I didn't realize Zogo had already posted. Sorry

• SoulShine1969
    edited September 2020
    Options

This limo is really decked out! Great music and drinks! So, where is this limo going? Can we have a TEASE of a hint?

(My daughter is a junior in the Nursing School at University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee; and my son is a sophomore at Indiana State,Terre Haute in the Flight Academy. Alas they are in completely different directions from home, so I can only visit one at a time)

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

Looks like our Limo is pulling up to the GATES of a fancy building. Think it's a nightclub on the beach or a fancy mansion?

(SS, I'm in Milwaukee and it's so hard for the kids on campus, I'm sure. My daughter's best friend just got her nursing degree from UWM. The Flight Academy sounds cool. What will he do when he graduates?)

• SoulShine1969
    edited September 2020
    Options

What a fun place! I've never seen such a fancy beach Nightclub. It looks like they have two bands tonight, one indoors and one outside on a STAGE on the beach.

(After he graduates, my son wants to pursue a career in commercial aviation. Probably building flight time flying at a regional airline, then moving on to a major airline. His dad flys for United so that's where he'd like to work too.)

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

The view from here is so beautiful it's hard not to STARE. I hope we're still here to see the sun rise over the ocean.

(I'm surprised that both colleges are having in person classes. Everything out here still seems to be remote. SS sounds like both your kids are headed for great careers.)

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

I hear drum BEATS coming from that stage on the beach. Let's go check it out and dance!

(Great careers for both of your children! Have you ever been to Summerfest in Milwaukee? Wolrd's Largest Music Festival..well...except for this year. I have really missed live music this year. It's picking up now, but not for long with winter closing in)

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

After we dance, how about grabbing some food? Believe it or not, I’m hungry again! A nice STEAK dinner sounds good.

(The people across the street violated our county Covid restrictions and had a big party in their yard last week. The upside is that they had a live band that was quite good, and we had no problem hearing them from our house!)

• SoulShine1969
    edited September 2020
    Options

A steak dinner sounds good! I’m sure it’ll TASTE great! All this dancing has made me hungry!

(Zogo- I LOVE Summerfest!! I was so sad that it was cancelled this year. I drive by Henry Maier Festival Park all the time when I go by the Lakefront and I always think of the crazy happy times I’ve had there. Fingers crossed for next year!)

(Mom2bill- That’s great that you were able to have a little live music thanks to your neighbors!

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

What a TREAT to get to have a night out dancing with my gals! There are some cute guys over there. One more dance...let's go ask them to join us.

(First time we got to see live music this summer I called it "medicine for the soul". Thankfully, we have gotten to see several shows/performances during the second half of summer. My husband has even done sound and driven for a pontoon boat that they put a band on and go up and down the river followed by 50-100 kayaks.)

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

I’ve had my eye on those guys for awhile! They are very outgoing but seem like real gentlemen, which is an admirable TRAIT. I’m ready to ask them to dance.

(Those concerts on the water sound like a lot of fun, and a great way to provide entertainment. Our COVID numbers are still high in LA County, so even outdoor performances are still prohibited. I miss the little concerts in the park, as well as the summer performances at the Hollywood Bowl. We used to go there for the annual Tchaikovsky Spectacular which always included the 1812 Overture complete with fireworks and the USC Marching band...something to see even if you’re not a huge classical music fan

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

So nice to find nice and good looking gentlemen! At the START of the next song, let's dance our way over to their side of the dance floor.

(That sounds like an amazing performance. Would love to experience that show any summer!)

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

This place is packed, but when the crowd PARTS let’s make our move. Hopefully, the guys will still be around when we get there.

(I’m certainly looking forward to being able to enjoy our “normal” activities again. I’m not sure what we’ll do come winter when I suspect our activities will be even more limited. I’m glad our west coast winter is hardly a winter compared to the Midwest, so at least I should be able to continue walking for exercise and as a way to get out of the house for a bit. How about you guys?)

• zogo
    edited October 2020
    Options

Looks like there are a few PATHS to get over to the cute guys. Past the stage, past the bar, or right through the middle. Which direction should we dance?

(Just dreading winter here. The leaves are beautiful, but the rain is getting colder. Not as fun to go for a walk outside. And no eating or seeing music outdoors. I guess I will need to dig out some more jigsaw puzzles)

• mom2bill
    edited October 2020
    Options

You have a pretty SHARP eye, so lead the way and I’ll be right behind you. This cover band is great! I could dance all night.

(I love the rain...at night when I’m home and don’t have to drive in it! California is desperate for rain, but the thought of having limited outdoor options is kind of depressing. Being able to get out and walk has been keeping me sane. We’ve also done the jigsaw puzzles. I guess I’ll be dragging those out again too.)

• zogo
    edited October 2020
    Options

Ok, I'm going in....Let's boogie past the band and don't CRASH into anyone. The cute guys are still over there!

(Oh I wish I could send some rain to you in CA! My mom's dear friend is in Fairfield and she said it is so dry and so smokey. She's 94 and I call her every night.)

• mom2bill
    edited October 2020
    Options

I have my eye on the guy wearing the Greg Norman polo shirt with the SHARK emblem. I’m assuming that means he is a fellow golfer and we’ll have at least one thing in common.

( I feel sorry for your mom’s friend. Our air quality has been bad for a few weeks, and she’s much closer to the active fire areas.)

• zogo
    edited October 2020
    Options

I think he likes you! Did you see that SPARK in his eyes? And he's definitely built like a golfer...and cute!

(She still lives on her own and between covid and the fires, she is so lonely. She had to evacuate one night and her neighbor gave her 10 minutes to pack before they left for safety in San Fran. Can you imagine only having 10 minutes to grab stuff with fires potentially coming?)

• mom2bill
    edited October 2020
    Options

His friend is awfully cute, and a Brewers fan! The two of you can commiserate over their elimination from the playoffs with another round of drinks. Be careful, though. That Long Island Iced Tea really PACKS a punch.

(That’s really nice of you to check in on your mom’s friend every night. I’m sure she really looks forward to your calls and having a connection with someone. Having to evacuate must have been so scary for her.)

• zogo
    edited October 2020
    Options

I'm sure he's sad about the Brewers, too! Let's SPEAK to them and invite them over to the bar for a drink with us. I haven't had a Long Island Iced Tea in ages. All 5x white liquors in one glass! Loopy

(My mom passed away 3 years ago. Talking with her friend is like a connection to my mom.)

• mom2bill
    edited October 2020
    Options

I think I’ll skip the Long Island Iced Tea and have one of the bar’s signature martinis. I’d like to SPEAR a couple of extra olives.

(Sounds like it is a good connection for you both. My oldest brother passed away at the end of February, the second day of my radiation treatments. I was able to visit him a week before he died, which was the last time I saw most of my siblings. Our stay at home order went into effect a couple of weeks later. I’m grateful that I’m at home with my husband and son, but I’m sure missing our big family gatherings. The upcoming holidays are going to be very different 🙁