Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

New Want To Play A Word Game

Options

Comments

• SoulShine1969
    SoulShine1969 Member Posts: 2,843
    edited May 2020
    Options

I’m always up for a new game! It seems like maybe it TAKES a little time to get the hang of it, but here goes.

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,218
    edited May 2020
    Options

Hey SoulShine! Welcome aboard! Let's get some STEAM in this engine and take the game train somewhere fun. Where should we go?

• SoulShine1969
    edited May 2020
    Options

I’m onboard! I sure hope this train has a good dining car, I could go for a big STEAK dinner!

• zogo
    edited May 2020
    Options

Mmmmm, a steak dinner sounds so good! I'd like a STACK of onion rings with that.

Should we order some cocktails, too?!

• SoulShine1969
    edited May 2020
    Options

Yes, let’s order up some drinks! I’d like to order a tall Bloody Mary with a celery STALK. Where’s this train going? Somewhere warm I hope

• zogo
    edited July 2020
    Options

Oh no! The waiter dropped your Bloody Mary in my lap. SPLAT! Now I better go back to the sleeper car and change clothes before we arrive at the next stop.

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

At LEAST I still have my Bloody Mary! I'd be happy to share with you. Do they serve it with a little beer chaser? Or maybe that is just a Wisconsin thing?!

• mom2bill
    mom2bill Member Posts: 7,449
    edited September 2020
    Options

I’m not a huge Bloody Mary fan, but enjoy a nice glass of red wine. I guess it’s just a matter of TASTE. California actually has some nice vineyards.

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

Seems like the train is about to START moving again. Mom2bill, I think it is headed for wine country!

I'm up for some wine tasting and a good meal.

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

A wine tasting tour sounds great, as long as the RATES aren’t too high. Nevertheless, I’m ready to hop on the train. I could really use a change of scenery.

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

Let's move down to the dining car for a bite to eat and a glass of wine. It has a glass top and the STARS are incredible tonight.

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

Both the food and the wine are delicious. The view of the stars is so beautiful, it’s hard not to STARE.

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

The ROAST chicken and vegetables were delicious. Now what should we have for dessert? A glass of dessert wine?! haha, it is a wine train after all. Glad we have a sleeper car.

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

I’m glad you enjoyed the chicken. Frankly, my pasta was a bit disappointing. Not to BOAST, but my spaghetti sauce is more flavorful. If I have any more wine, I won’t even make it to the sleeper car, but I wouldn’t mind sampling the cannoli!

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

Oh yes! Let's order the cannoli, it says on the menu that it is a special recipe made with cheese from GOATS. Then I will be ready for a cozy bed.

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

I’m definitely ready for bed. With all of the eating (and especially the drinking) I hope the gentle rocking of the train doesn’t make me queasy. I’ve had that issue when I have been out on BOATS. 🤢

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

(I was on a boat last night. Following a band up the river playing on a pontoon. There were at least a hundred kayaks like little ducklings following it around.)

It will be nice when the train gets to the COAST. Maybe tomorrow we can watch a sunset over the water.

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

(Sounds like a lot of fun. I grew up listening to all kinds of music and was able to attend many concerts as I lived close to a number of outdoor venues. I’d love to be able to hear some live music right now!)

I got a bit queasy, but a piece of TOAST helped to settle my stomach. I’m also looking forward to traveling along the coast, as I find watching the waves break along the shore to be very relaxing.

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

I heard we can catch a train at the next stop that will take us to the coast where there will be a band playing.

When the train horn TOOTS, we will be coming in to the station.

(Live music has been like medicine this summer! We are big music fans.)

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

That’s a great plan! Being close to the water and listening to music are two of my favorite things. I hope that there will be a STOOL to sit on so that we can hang out there for a long time.

(At this point, I think I could get excited about sitting through a few of my son’s old marching band field shows!)

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

SHOOT, we don't have tickets yet!! Do you think it will be sold out? I can't wait to get there and hear some music and hang out.

(A marching band show would be fun! What instrument does he play?)

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

I will be so disappointed if we can’t get tickets. But, if worse comes to worse, I’ve heard that there’s going to be a party on the beach where jello SHOTS will be plentiful.

(He plays the clarinet, but preferred playing in the Wind Ensemble over marching band. After 4 years of being a “band mom” I was glad to put that in the rear view mirror!) He is now beginning his last year of college and his bedroom is now his dorm room since they are beginning the fall quarter entirely on line. I’m happy to have him around but feel bad that his whole senior year and graduation may be held remotely 😕)

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

Oh my gosh, I haven't had a jello shot in years! I'm in! We used to make them for parties. If we can get tickets to the concert, I wonder how much it COSTS. Glad our train is coming in to the station and we can hit the beach.

(This is such a terrible time for college students. I has 2 sons graduate in May. They both had to come home in early March and neither one had a commencement. So sorry for your son. Where is he in school?)

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

We’d better STOCK up on sunscreen, as I’d like to spend as much time on the beach as possible before we move on. I’m not sure I’m quite ready for bathing suit season, but if we grab a couple of drinks before we go I won’t care!

(I’m sorry that your sons were impacted by this whole mess. Graduating must have been bittersweet...happy to finish, but missing out on the ceremony. My son goes to Ucla and was also sent home in March to finish the year remotely. He was really looking forward to sharing an apartment with friends his final year, and becoming more independent so he’s pretty bummed out.)

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

Ok, a shot of tequila and some TACOS from that taco truck should be just great. I'm certainly not ready for a swimsuit either, but here we go!!!!

(I have a niece at Loyola Marymount in LA, and all of her classes are online. This is her senior year, too. No fun at all)

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

I’ve had some interesting CHATS following a couple of shots of tequila. Promise me that you’ll stop me before I embarrass myself!

(I got my undergrad degree at Loyola Marymount 🙂...Go Lions! I currently live about 10 miles from there. Such a disappointing time for students, whether they are just starting as freshmen or in their last year. )

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

I promise I won't let you do too many.....Put some salt in the crook of your hand, lick it off, take that shot of tequila then CHASE it with a nice lime wedge. Cheers!!

(What a small world. Undergrad..What's your graduate degree? Also, there are so many Freshmen taking a gap year, that the HS seniors this year will have the competition with all of those kids next year)

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

Being on the beach all day really CHAPS my lips, so I think it’s time to get cleaned up and head to the bar for the rest of the evening. I hear that you’re the Queen of Karaoke, so I’m looking forward to hearing you perform.

( I have my masters in Social Work. Had a long career as a Clinical Social Worker, but that came to an unceremonious end when I had to take my medical leave last December. I had planned to return to work after finishing my treatment, but then Covid came along. Decided it was a good time to call it quits. How about you? )

• zogo
    edited September 2020
    Options

I don't have the best voice, but I'll sing if you sing! Here's a nice SPACE at the bar for us. And that bartender is kinda cute.

(I'm an engineer, but don't work in that field anymore. Just work part time at the office of a few Naturopathic doctors. I find the field fascinating)

• mom2bill
    edited September 2020
    Options

Sorry. You’ll never get me up there to sing, even after a few drinks. Once I started singing, there wouldn’t be so many happy FACES in this bar.

(My husband is an engineer, and my son is getting his degree in Electrical Engineering. I’m starting to go a little crazy not working, but I’m having a hard time with medication side effects so I’m not sure if I’d be able to handle a job right now. I’ve been thinking about trying acupuncture to see if that might be helpful.)