Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

New Want To Play A Word Game

Options

Comments

• zogo
    zogo Member Posts: 19,219
    edited November 2020
    Options

Chicken Wire Empire?!! They have a new album coming out tomorrow!! (Live from Deutschland Volume 2) BRACE yourself for some amazing talent and some really fun bluegrass music. Let's dance!

• mom2bill
    mom2bill Member Posts: 7,449
    edited November 2020
    Options

You told us that this was an amazing band, but it BEARS repeating. I’m glad we’re able to see them perform, and I’ll definitely have to check out their new album!

• SoulShine1969
    SoulShine1969 Member Posts: 2,843
    edited November 2020
    Options

Chicken Wire Empire?!! I’m a huge fan! I SWEAR this is the best night ever!

• zogo
    edited December 2020
    Options

This IS a treat! Seeing live music is something I've really missed. We can stand up front and watch them play. The fiddle player, Ernie, is truly amazing. What goes better with Bluegrass than a couple BREWS? I'll go grab a pitcher of beer.

• mom2bill
    edited December 2020
    Options

Yes, we are lucky to be here enjoying these wonderful musicians. Sadly, many musicians and their CREWS have been unable to work during the pandemic.

• zogo
    edited December 2020
    Options

Yes, the guys that work the speakers, mics, cables and WIRES are the real key to a successful concert! Sometimes my hubby does sound for local bands now in his retirement. I surely hope 2021 will be better for live music! They even cancelled Summerfest here in Milwaukee this past summer. It's billed as the world's largest music festival...800 bands on the Lake Michigan lakefront.

• mom2bill
    edited December 2020
    Options

Being a sound man can be a lot of work, and not a job for someone who TIRES easily. Summerfest sounds like it would be a blast! I hope you’ll have an opportunity to attend again this coming year.

Happy Holidays!

• zogo
    edited January 2021
    Options

Summerfest is always a good time. And don't forget you must drink at least a LITER of beer! 🍺

Let's head there now and start the party early!

• mom2bill
    edited January 2021
    Options

Yes, starting the party sooner rather than LATER is a good idea. I hate to admit it, but I can’t party into the wee hours of the morning anymore 🙁.

• SoulShine1969
    edited January 2021
    Options

Yes, let's start the party EARLY! I'm with you Mom, I can't party into the wee hours anymore either. Cheers to all the fabulous gals here! 2021 is sure to be a year to remember!

• zogo
    edited February 2021
    Options

It's CLEAR that we should probably take a nap! My bedtime is definitely much earlier than in my younger years.

Thank goodness 2021 is here! Looking forward to health and happiness. Now, gals, make sure to wake me up when we are ready to start our next adventure!

• SoulShine1969
    edited February 2021
    Options

I agree! I’ll be much more ALERT after a long nap.

• mom2bill
    edited February 2021
    Options

A nap would be great, but I’ve never been one who could sleep during the day. Nights have gotten harder as well 🙁. However, after I get some rest, I think going on a nice hike would be within the REALM of the possible.

• SoulShine1969
    edited February 2021
    Options

I think a hike sounds fabulous! It'll have to be out your way, we have massive amounts of snow and sub-zero temperatures here in the mid-west.🥶 We can get an EARLY start for our hike. Where should we go?

• zogo
    edited February 2021
    Options

As long as the weather is warm and the skies are CLEAR, I'm happy to hike in the hills or by the water. It's always fun to go hiking with friends and maybe even meet some new ones.

• mom2bill
    edited February 2021
    Options

I know a great hiking trail along a cliff with a beautiful ocean view. A part of it actually passes through the resort and golf course where Tiger Woods was recently staying. This is a perfect time of year to hike up there because I’m afraid of running into rattlesnakes during the summer months. I’ve been making too many recipes with heavy CREAM lately, so a hike is definitely a good idea!

• zogo
    edited September 2022
    Options

This thread has been idle for a long time. Were we sleeping for the last year and a half? Or maybe the virus was just a bad DREAM. Hope we can get back to normal life, whatever that is.....

• mom2bill
    edited September 2022
    Options

While things seem to be heading in the right direction, I think we are going to have to get used to a new normal. So much has changed over the past 3 years. I, for one, am looking forward to a little less DRAMA.

• zogo
    edited September 2022
    Options

Yes, we should all win an AWARD for making it through these days. I, for one, am so glad to be getting out and seeing live music again! It's like medicine for the soul.

• zogo
    edited November 2022
    Options

Spending time this week cleaning up the yard as winter DRAWS near. I'm not ready for the cold just yet!

• mom2bill
    edited November 2022
    Options

I’m not ready for the cold weather either, although those of us on the West Coast really shouldn’t complain. But the cold dries my skin and makes my hair look like STRAW.

• zogo
    edited November 2022
    Options

Yes, my hair has been very dry lately. It's the WORST! Maybe we should go to a salon and get our hair done?!

• mom2bill
    edited November 2022
    Options

i wouldn’t mind finding a new style that might help disguise my thinning hair! Maybe afterwards we can stop at the World Market that carries the dark ROAST coffee that I love.

• zogo
    edited November 2022
    Options

My hair started falling out about 6 weeks after the C virus. Seems like it's a common problem these days.

I'd love to get some coffee and maybe even some sourdough TOAST. Doing this keto way of eating has my mouth watering just talking about it!

• mom2bill
    edited November 2022
    Options

My hair has been thinning for the past 2.5 years that I have been on Tamoxifen. I could probably make an area rug out of the hair that I find on my bathroom floor every day!

I haven’t tried the Keto diet, but I’ve cut back to eating beef only twice a month. I’d love a ROAST beef sandwich right about now!

• zogo
    edited November 2022
    Options

The hardest part of keto is the START. But, once I did enough research on it, I consider it a way of life rather than a diet. And I don't shy away from protein, just carbs.

Although, on this thread, we can go out for a meal and eat to our heart's content. It won't have any calories!

Loopy

• mom2bill
    edited November 2022
    Options

After my husband’s bypass surgery last year, we needed to make some dietary changes. Healthy Living Magazine RATES the plant based Mediterranean Diet as one of the best diets for heart health. So, a lot less beef and a lot more chickpeas for us!

• zogo
    edited November 2022
    Options

My husband has a heart issue too, aortic aneurysm, and I wish he would watch what he eats a little closer. He loves a good STEAK now and then. Plus, things like chickpeas don't have all the amino acids and can't be counted as a protein in my world. But, we don't push fat like some of the misguided keto diets out there. I follow Raymund Edwards at Optimal Ketogenic Living on facebook. All advice is based on peer reviewed studies. He has helped people reverse heart disease, diabetes and even cancer. It's truly amazing.

• mom2bill
    edited November 2022
    Options

In addition to plant based proteins we eat a lot of chicken. Having enough variety in our diet to keep things interesting is the hardest thing. Some nights, the thought of eating more chicken and vegetables almost brings TEARS to my eyes. At this point I lean more towards eating healthy 90% of the time, and indulging in some cheat foods now and then.

• zogo
    edited November 2022
    Options

Every once in a while I also have to cheat just a little. We recently traveled to Mississippi for a family reunion. My cousin made homemade biscuits served with butter and toppings of homemade fig preserves and pear honey from their hives. What a TREAT! Totally worth the cheat that day!