Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dancing with the Stars

Options

Comments

• BethNY
    BethNY Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2008
    Options

Julianne danced with bronchitus, and helio hurt his shoulder really bad, so I'm even happier to see them win.

I think Mel B has really done well for herself.  She had all that drama with eddie murphy and her baby, and people judged her-- although I didn't cause it turned out he was the dooshbag that left her high and dry and denied his baby.

I'm glad sher got to show herself to america, and how happy she is.. and to have that body after a baby-- OMG....

• saluki
    saluki Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2007
    Options

No end of Drama this season---During Mark and Sabrina's dance Mark dislocated his shoulder and was taken away in an ambulance.

This morning Helio's fiance dumps him! 

• ADK
    ADK Member Posts: 752
    edited November 2007
    Options

Poor Mark - he didn't show anything.

I didn't know Helio was engaged!!!  Was she there last night?  Why would she dump him now?  Inquiring minds want to knowSurprised

• kats
    kats Member Posts: 162
    edited November 2007
    Options

Poor Mark for sure. Here a link to a brief interview after the show with Sabrina, Bruno & Carrie Ann about Mark.

http://www.etonline.com/?tag=mark-ballas  

Here's a link to their dance, you can see Mark touch his shoulder a few times during the dance and favor his arm.

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWnFrkqrPqE

Mary  

• Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited November 2007
    Options

Helio was dumped...what? I missed that.  Ok, I'm with Anne, inquiring minds want to know.  Please do tell...

• AnnaM
    AnnaM Member Posts: 136
    edited November 2007
    Options

Mel B. has a new fan in me. I loved her spunk and her graciousness. I am happy for Helio and Julianne, but let's get real; Mel ended up the better dancer.

I don't think I'll watch dance wars. I don't like the word war and don't really like the judges all that much. I was more into the dancing and less into the competing.

• Odalys
    edited December 2007
    Options

It's been fun.  See you all next season!

• Odalys
    edited February 2008
    Options

Calling all the DWTS fans.  It's going to be an interesting season with a very diverse cast of celebs. 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 77
    edited February 2008
    Options

What's the new line up?

• FitChik
    FitChik Member Posts: 392
    edited February 2008
    Options

Matlin on `Dancing With the Stars'

2 days ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Priscilla Presley, Kristi Yamaguchi and Adam Carolla are catching dance fever.

They are among the dozen celebrities who will compete on the next season of "Dancing With the Stars."

The other contestants include Marlee Matlin, Shannon Elizabeth, Steve Guttenberg, Monica Seles, Penn Jillette, Mario and Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor, ABC announced Monday night. Rounding out the cast will be Cristian De La Fuente and Marissa Jaret Winokur.

The dancing competition is set to begin with a live performance March 17, ABC said.

I am sooooo excited that Kristi Yamaguchi is competing! She not only is a star in my own sport, but she lives right here in Raleigh and I even see her at the rink sometimes! GO KRISTI!!!!!!! (I wonder who's taking care of her 2 little ones? Her husband - Bret Hedigan - is with the Carolina Hurricanes and travels all of the time too. Maybe the hockey season is winding down..? I have no idea about the season for that sport!)

~Marin

• Odalys
    edited March 2008
    Options

Get ready...season premier, tonight at 8PM (E) on ABC.

• ADK
    edited March 2008
    Options

So looking forward to it.  I am rooting for Kristi.

• lvtwoqlt
    lvtwoqlt Member Posts: 765
    edited March 2008
    Options

Marin, I heard that Kristi moved herself and her children to CA during the show and her hubby is moving after the hockey season is over.

I am also ready for it to start.

sheila

• Odalys
    edited March 2008
    Options

I saw Marlee Matlin in GMA this morning.  She was practicing with her partner.  Wow, I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like not to be able to hear.  She is so talented.

• NaughtybyNature
    NaughtybyNature Member Posts: 190
    edited March 2008
    Options

I missed most of the boys dance but loved Mario, the young kid; boy, can he move those hips, tall, dark and handsome too helps!

• Odalys
    edited March 2008
    Options

What did you all think about the ladies tonight?  Wow, I couldn't believe my eyes as I watched Marlee dance.  Incredible!   

Marin - Kristi was so elegant and graceful. 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 183
    edited March 2008
    Options

I thought Marlee was amazing, too, Odalys...

• NaughtybyNature
    edited March 2008
    Options

Marlee rocks!

I just saw Kristi and Marlee... was watching AI.

I wonder who is going home?!

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2008
    Options

Hopefully, it will be Monica!

• ADK
    edited March 2008
    Options

Agreed, Felicia.  I don't think Monica could possibly pull off a turnaround that would wow every one enough to keep her.  She just looked so darned uncomfortable with the whole thing.

• Odalys
    edited March 2008
    Options

I think Monica and Penn will probably go home. 

• KariLynn
    KariLynn Member Posts: 41
    edited March 2008
    Options

Is she the tennis player?  That's the one I thought should go - way too stiff.

• FitChik
    FitChik Member Posts: 392
    edited March 2008
    Options

Sheila...I hadn't heard that about Kristi and I don't think that our local news stations are aware of it either. They do lots of fluff pieces showing the family at home and interviewing her group of Hurricanes' wives friends ("Hot Mama Canes" or something?). But it certainly could be the plan. Isn't she from CA and has family still there?

I was surprised that she (Kristi) said she never had to skate as part of a couple like she is trying to do on Dancing With the Stars because she first skated and medaled as a pair skater with partner, Rudy Galindo. Huh.

~Marin

• ADK
    edited March 2008
    Options

Marin,

I was surprised that Kristi said that about not skating as part of a couple as well - maybe she just meant in such a long time.  I think she is trying to manage expectations.  Right now, she is the one to beat - she was terrific last night.  Among the men, I really liked the football player.  Mario was good, but the football player (will know his name in a couple of weeks, I am sure) was really smooth.  I feel bad for Monica - she is so out of her comfort range.  I do admire her for doing this - I would think she might have some issues considering what she went through.  If some one stabbed me, I would be a total recluse.  First results tonight - I fear that it will be Julianne & her partner (again, can't remember his name) and Monica that will go home tonight.  We'll see. 

• KariLynn
    edited March 2008
    Options

I hope Penn gets sent home - it almost pains me to watch him!

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2008
    Options
    The football player is HOT!! Sealed
  • KariLynn
    edited March 2008
    Options

Yes he is!

• Odalys
    edited March 2008
    Options

The hunky football player is Jason Taylor our own Miami Dolphin Linebacker.  He sure has a lot of fans in this city.  They even have DWTS/Jason Taylor parties.  He is turning out to be a pretty good dancer...don't you think?

Big foot is out! Laughing

• KariLynn
    edited March 2008
    Options

No surprises tonight! 

• NaughtybyNature
    edited March 2008
    Options

Okay... also missed this show and who went home!

My favorites are: Marlee, Mario and Mr. Taylor... please pour me a cup of that hot, sexy, calient, scalding hot mocha-chocolate!  Please!