Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dancing with the Stars

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 183
    edited September 2007
    Options

I missed the show last night (son's open house at school) so I only saw the women. Sounds like I may not have missed too much afterall, lol...

• Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited September 2007
    Options

Helio is so sexy and his dance routine was great.  I think the boxer was way too intense.  He looked like he was getting ready for a fight.  What do you all think about billionaire Mr. Cuban?   Geeze does he have to constantly mention how much money he has made.  Who cares...no need to rub it in. 

Ha!  Josie is out.  No surprise there. 

• JustOne
    JustOne Member Posts: 74
    edited September 2007
    Options

Odayls,

My husband said Mark Cuban is one of the most disliked guys in sports, so he wasn't surprised he was in the bottom two. I think Mark was sure surprised though! I guess his 'billions' can't buy votes!

Yikes, Dolly!!!

~Pam

• ADK
    ADK Member Posts: 752
    edited September 2007
    Options

Well, at least Josie was somewhat gracious.  I thought she was going to storm off because she had such a sour face on ever since the judges criticized her.  I was surprised to see Cuban in the bottom two - I really think that Wayne Newton was worse.  I was even more surprised to learn that Cuban has had a hip replacement at such a young age - usually they don't want to do that surgery in someone so young because it is only good for about ten to fifteen years.  He will have to go through it again, most likely.  Unless, his billions bought him some special replacement that won't wear out.

On to next week!!!

• spar2
    spar2 Member Posts: 3,631
    edited September 2007
    Options

I didn't care for the boxer or Wayne but am rooting for Marie Osmond.  Have admired her since she was a young girl.  Also love Jane's gracefulness.

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

I like Marie Osmond too.  She does so much for children with her Children's Miracle Network each year.  I remember the first year she started that.  She's just a really nice lady.

Wayne looks really weird to me.  He's either had alot of plastic surgery or is wearing ALOT of makeup but his face just looks unnatural to me.

I think my favorite is the race car driver.  He reminded me of Fred Astair when he did the Fox Trot.

• Odalys
    edited September 2007
    Options

Always Hope - I agree, Helio did a great fox trot.  I think Wayne Newton has had way too many face lifts.  He reminds me of Kenny Rogers who doesn't even look like himself anymore.  At some point someone has to tell this guys enough with the plastic surgery. 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2007
    Options

I cannot stand Wayne Newton with his big barrel stomach and face lifts. He cannot dance and I think I agree: the judges are star-struck. And, with the audience having a vote, WN will have a huge fan base.

I loved the male model .... can't remember his name but he sure has a good spiritedness about him. That chest action was funny! Laughing

I really liked Sabrina's cha-cha. Yes she had some hip hop in it but the other dancers did add other elements. I think it was the boxer who had some "moves" in there that weren't traditional ballroom.

I also agree, I think the judges were harder on the women ...

• Odalys
    edited October 2007
    Options

Bruno is at it again.  He thinks Mark Cuban dance moves were like a "bull dog chasing a squirrel".  Where does he gets this stuff?  Do you think he rehearses his remarks before they go live?

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

Well, last nights show was good but some of the ones who did so well last week, I didn't think did so well this week.  Probably because they only had 4 days this time.  I thought Marie and Cameron really improved.  And, I loved seeing Donnie Osmond in the audience.  I had such a crush on him growing up.

Poor Wayne, I really do think he probably moved as fast as he was able on that quick step but he sure was gracious while getting the criticism.  I thought he was pretty witty while waiting for his scores with Drew.

That new dancer, Derek, is just the cutest thing!  I sure hope that couples stays a while just so I can see him a bit more.

• lam
    lam Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2007
    Options

Odalys, I wait with baited breath each time a dance ends to hear Bruno's comment!  He is so funny, I don't think he rehearses it, he just seems to have this volcanic personality that comes up with these  comments Laughing.  So glad the show is no longer spread over 3 nights.  Jane Seymour looks fabulous for her age...

Hugs,

• sahalie
    sahalie Member Posts: 1,145
    edited October 2007
    Options

I saw the show last night for the first time this season.   

Helio is adorable and can he dance Smile He and his dance partner have such great charisma.

I agree about Marie.  She looks like she is having so much fun.  I applaud her for her energy.  Her body is realistic and yet she puts it all out there.   Seeing Donny's excitement last night for his sister was priceless.  

Mr. Newton..........what can I say Undecided  Too many 'air kisses' and too many visits to the PS.  I think he is in permanent smile mode even if he doesn't feel like smiling.

I think they should give it to both Helio and Marie right now. Smile

Anyone watch the Bachelor last night? I fell asleep and missed who got sent home and who got the rose.  I can't get into this one for some reason.  I think it's too predictable with the cast of characters repeating each season. 

• JustOne
    edited October 2007
    Options

I just love when Len and Bruno get 'into it'. Yell

Jane Seymore looks fabulous for her age, or any age! The English Rose.

Everyone at this point is dancing so well, except for Wayne, of course. Yikes...he's just so hard to watch on so many levels.

I think it will come down to Sabrina and Helio in the end. I love Helio's smile and personality and Julianne is wonderful at choreography, her dances are so different.

I felt so sorry for Jenny and I think it was her partners fault?

Who's going home tonight? Mark Cuban maybe?

~Pam

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2007
    Options

I wish they would change the voting and have you vote people OFF!! I'd vote Wayne off in a heartbeat!

• Odalys
    edited October 2007
    Options

Well...it's Albert and Anna.  I think the fans kept Wayne in that's for sure. 

BTW- Is anyone also watching Cane.  

• JustOne
    edited October 2007
    Options

I'm shocked that it's Albert leaving. Surprised

Oh gawd, I'm afraid we're going to have another MasterP with Wayne and his crazy fans. He's going to be staying way too long.

I wonder how Jane is going to practice this week, while back home to attend her mothers funeral. Poor thing, next week will be hard for her no matter what.

~Pam

• lam
    edited October 2007
    Options

Wayne should have been the one to go...  I loved seeing Julianne and her partner dance again last night, her choreography is stunning.  I don't get why they insert the Jimmy Kimmel stint - I guess it's a way for them to promote another ABC show, I'd rather see some of the pro's dancing.

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

So, who does everyone think weill be voted off tonight?  I think Wayne has a big fan base of 'little ole ladies' that will keep him around a while.  I think perhaps Cameron Mathison??  He's just not quite there.

• lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited October 2007
    Options

I agree with you, Wayne has a huge fan base.  I love the way you described Cameron Mathison - just not quite there.  That's true.  It drives me nuts to watch the boxer! 

We shall see what happens tonight.

• lvtwoqlt
    lvtwoqlt Member Posts: 765
    edited October 2007
    Options

It is hard to decide who will be gone tonight. I agree with you both on Wayne, he needs to go but the 'little old lady' fans will probably keep him around. Merryweather did not seem 'light on his feet' during parts of the jive. If it was me, either one of these two would be gone.

Sheila

• cowgirl
    cowgirl Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2007
    Options

Wayne is just over the hill for this kind of show. I loved Marie's last move. There really are some good dancers this year.

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

Just 20 minutes to go....who will get the boot?

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

Well, Wayne is gone and I really think it was past time for him.  Floyd sure was worried though!

• MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited October 2007
    Options

Wayne was just way too painful to watch so I am glad he is gone.

Margaret

• JustOne
    edited October 2007
    Options

Wayne was very gracious in his departure, but I'm so glad he's gone.

The bad news....Samantha will be back next week! Yell

~Pam

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

Okay, I think Mark Cuban or Cameron Mathison will be the next to go.  Anyone else have predictions?  I just don't see them doing the Pase Doble well.

• ADK
    ADK Member Posts: 752
    edited October 2007
    Options

What's up with Samatha coming back so fast?  She had her baby the Saturday before the premiere, so that would have been September 22nd.  If she comes back next Monday, she will be back on October 15th.  That's not even a month!!!  Isn't that pushing it a bit?

• cowgirl
    cowgirl Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2007
    Options

Hoping for Cuban to leave, I know how Dallas feels about him. I really want him to go to another town!

• Odalys
    edited October 2007
    Options

I agree with Margaret.  Wayne was sooooo painful to watch.  He tried his best but ballroom dancing is not his thing.  Well, I'm very disappointed with Cameron.  He can't dance; lacks rythm.  Cuban is just too full of himself.  He really needs to go.   

Anne - Samantha's job doesn't require too much effort.  It will be interesting to see her skinny self again.

• lam
    edited October 2007
    Options

Another fan glad that Wayne got the boot.  Although I must say I'm sad to see Cheryl go - she is one of my favorite of the female pro's...