Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dancing with the Stars

Options

Comments

• Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited November 2007
    Options

Anna - LOL about the tatoos, me too.  We're from a different generation.  I remember when the tatoos meant you were either in prison or an ex-con.  Laughing  I also don't care for hip-hop dancing.  I find it a bit vulgar sometimes and not very romantic.  JMO.

Wow, I can't believe Marie is still hanging on.  She must have a huge fan based.  It looks like either Jennie or hunky Cameron may be going home.

BTW- anyone out there like to dance CONGA? 

It's official, Cameron got voted off.  boooohooooo  Cry 

• Sandra1957
    Sandra1957 Member Posts: 1,064
    edited November 2007
    Options

Marie does have a huge fan base, her family.  Not to mention her church.  How far can fan base take a dancer?  Can she get to #1 based on votes? 

I personally don't think that she's the best, but it would be cool for an almost 50,  former chubby (she's really dropped the pounds, huh?) mom of eight win, if she were best.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2007
    Options

Cameron didn't thrill me when he danced at all.  And I couldn't stand his beige outfit the other night.  Lots of people think he is sexy but I think he is strange looking.

Marie is looking great but she will be the next to go unless Jenny really messes up. 

• kats
    kats Member Posts: 162
    edited November 2007
    Options

Odalys-I know you're not happy today about Cameron being voted off Frown. He wasn't my favorite but I have to say he really improved a lot and really, really seemd to be having a great time.

Odalys- I know I must be older than you (not sure about Anna), I grew up in the generation when tattoos were so frowned on but I have always loved them (not the nudies or skull and crossbones type). I took the tattoo plunge 12 yrs ago and got 2 of them. I was set to get another one, then I got diagnosed.

Roctobermom- I agree with you about Cameron's beige jumpsuit......Eweeeeeeeee!!!!!!

I like Helio but I think MelB is the best dancer.

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

I think they were right about Cameron though.  On that one dance, it was like he was just 'strinking poses'.  No graceful transition from one pose to the other.  Cameron did really well some weeks and then others not so good.  This week was a not so good week to me. 

• AnnaM
    AnnaM Member Posts: 136
    edited November 2007
    Options

Poor Cameron, he really did seem to love being on the show, almost more than any other contestant. I agree with all of you about the beige jumpsuit and the striking poses, though; is it only me or did he look like he was actually about to pop through his pants? (sorry)

Marie has got to go. Jenny dances sooooooo much better than she does now.

And House is getting a wee bit weird.

Hubs and I have this great system going: we can see our little kitchen TV from the family room, so we watch House in the family room and keep an eye on what's going on on DWTS at the same time.

Do you all think the final two will be Helio and Julianne vs. Mel and Max? I like both couples, but that Mel is awesome!

Anna

• Odalys
    edited November 2007
    Options

Anna -  You noticed Cameron was about to pop through his pants????  lol You know, I never said I liked watching him for his dancing. Wink 

Katz - do tell... what kind of tattoos did you get?   

Rocktobermom- I agree with you on the outfit.  What where they thinking?  And, I do agree with Leni (sp?) ballroom dancing requires a shirt and a bow tie. 

Alwayshope - I agree he did seem like he was striking poses.  It seems like he was always performing. 

• AnnaM
    edited November 2007
    Options

Gettin' ready for tonight.....

• Mary-Lou
    Mary-Lou Member Posts: 630
    edited November 2007
    Options

This one will be a nail biter for sure....

I will have to record it, I have a meeting with my local BC Support group. I'm on the board, so I have to attend.

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

I expect Marie will go this week.  But she sure has lost alot of weight!  Maybe I need to find a local dance class to lose some of this weight I'm carrying.

• chemomom
    chemomom Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2007
    Options

Wow, I just found this thread.  I love Dancing With the Stars.  I am an Helio fan.  he is really the only man this season that actually dances and didn't just let his partner dance around him.    Mel may be the best dancer, but as a Spice Girl, she had some experience learning dance moves before.  Different kind of dancing, but still as a performer, she is used to moving her body.  And i admit... i really like watching Maks.  If he's that hot on TV, thank goodness I don't see him in person!

As for who should go this week... Marie has overstayed her welcome.  She is good for 50-something, but not as good as the others.  She just doesn't do enough steps.

I can't wait to see tonight's episode!!!

• ADK
    ADK Member Posts: 752
    edited November 2007
    Options

I think Marie should go also, Jennie deserves to be in the final three, not Marie.  It seemed to me that the judges were being very clear last night as to who they believe should be the final three.  As far as who is going tho win it, I am a helio fan, but it would not bother me if either Jennie or Mel won.  It would bother me if Marie went on to the final three and won.

• BethNY
    BethNY Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2008
    Options

I cannot believe I am just now finding this thread... I rarely come to this section of the boards.

We are really into DWTS at my house.  I'm so excited that Sabrina and Mark are coming back to the ballroom to dance tonight.  my BF wanted to boycott the show when she was voted off.

I hope max and mel win.  I love helio and Julianne, but he looks as good as he does b/c she is so incredible.  She looks like a barbie doll, and her brother looks like a Ken doll.

It's a toss up between Marie and Jenny for me.  On one hand, Jenny's a better dancer than marie, but I'm so sick of her wimpy nerves, and constantly thinking she's not good enough. Her second dance last night really turned it up a notch, but Marie always brings flair and entertainment to her dances.

Either way, it's not like either of them will win the whole thing.

It's definitely between Helio and Mel in my opinion-- but as we all know, Expect the Unexpected.

So excited for tonight.  The riverdance guy is going to perform tonight... he's lookin a little rough around the edges--isn't as young and limber as he was 5 years ago.

I also loved watching Len give the master classes.  And WHAT was Kari Ann Inaba wearing last night?  Looked like a stripper tuxedo costume...

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

'Expect the unexpected'...lol...that's Big Brother!

• pconn03
    pconn03 Member Posts: 49
    edited November 2007
    Options

Another Helio and Julianne fan here.  I also thought that Jennie's second dance last night was the best of the season for her.  She finally seemed really relaxed and loose in that one.  Again, I'm rooting for Helio though.  We'll just have to see, right?

• FitChik
    FitChik Member Posts: 392
    edited November 2007
    Options

Beth...That's so funny about Kari Ana's outfit...a stripper tuxedo indeed! She had the choker goin on too and looked to me like she scooped up some discards from Frederick's of Hollywood! I usually love how she looks, but last night was just wrong!

I'm still mourning the loss of Sabrina too and will be excited to see her again. I think that Marie will be the next to go, followed by Jennie and then Helio. But who knows...I guess that unpredictability is what makes it exciting!

~Marin

• ADK
    edited November 2007
    Options

ARGHHHHHHH!!!!  Why is Marie going on????  The show's not even over and I am so disappointed.  Jennie earned the right to the final three with her second dance last night.  I just hope that Mel and Helio go on to the final three.  If Marie wins this whole thing, the show has truly become a farce and a popularity contest.  JMHO

• Odalys
    edited November 2007
    Options

Hi ladies, glad to see there are so many fans out there.  This seasons has been awesome with great dancers.  Oh and so much drama!   I agree Marie should go home tonight but I just saw she was saved so I guess it will be Jennie.  Yes, I agree..."expect the unexpected."  BBL

• ADK
    edited November 2007
    Options

Wow!  Sabrina & Mark!!!!  They were phenomenal!!!!!  They so deserved the right to show how good they are.  If they had stayed, I might be rooting for her right now.  I'm on the edge of the couch.Undecided

Whew!  Helio & Julianne, Mel & Max and ???? Marie & Jonathan?????

I really hope Helio wins, I won't be terribly disappointed if Mel wins, but if Marie wins......................Yell

• sahalie
    sahalie Member Posts: 1,145
    edited September 2008
    Options

I hope Mel b wins.  She is something else. 

This sure has been a fun and drama based season.

• ADK
    edited November 2007
    Options

Sorry if we ruined it for you, Cheryl.  I was just flabergasted that Marie moved on.

I didn't watch the Bachelor but I heard about it from some one I work with.  Couldn't he have chosen one then backed out in six months?  That's happened before, hasn't it? 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2007
    Options

I've got it tivo'd and haven't seen last night's episode, will be watching tonight, can't wait to see Sabrina again.  Last week, the host referred to Sabrina and Mark as lovebirds...any truth to that?

• sahalie
    sahalie Member Posts: 1,145
    edited September 2008
    Options

Do the couples dance tonight? Or is it just entertainment then elimination?

• BethNY
    edited March 2008
    Options

Yes, Sabrina and Mark have officially been a couple since they left the show.  It's sooooo cute.

I loved watching them dance tonight, and I'm so mad that the dumb camera focused more on Avril Lavigne then on Sabrina and Mark. GRRR.

I CANNOT believe that Marie moved on.  UGH.

The finals will be interesting.  I can't imagine Helio or Marie being better than Mel at the freestyle round.

• ADK
    edited November 2007
    Options

Hi Cheryl,

I went to bed after my last post.  I hope you enjoyed the show and I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving also. 

Can't wait for next week's finale.Surprised

• cherrienutz
    cherrienutz Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2007
    Options

Surprised  Yes Anne Marie needs to go home, sorry I know she has been a preformor for years but she is not that good.  But when you have all those osmonds call in that is what has kept her I do believe. And I was so sad to see Jen go. Everyone have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.

luv

Kat

• Odalys
    edited November 2007
    Options

Beth - I agree with you.  Mel should be great at the freestyle round. 

Kat - I sure hope Marie is eliminated next week.  I will be so disappointed if she is not.  Someone needs to stop those Osmonds from voting. Laughing

Cheryl -  Mel was awesome.  She has such a child like spirit that always makes me laugh.  Her partner Max is so full of himself but he sure can dance.   I'd love to latin dance with him (shhhhh...don't tell my DH).

Hey what do you think about Helio and his partner.  They have such chemistry. He sure gave her a wet kiss last week.  Goodness, he is about ten years older than her.  I think he is more interested in her than she is in him...

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone. 

• BethNY
    edited March 2008
    Options

julianne is dating apollo ono, the olympic athlete who won DWTS with her last year...

ugh, i know.

lol

i'm so excited for MONDAY!!!

• AnnaM
    edited November 2007
    Options

Now I get it - it's all those voting Osmonds who keep Marie on the show!

Is Monday really the last time they compete? Oh no, what will we do without our dancers to look forward to watching?

• Odalys
    edited November 2007
    Options

Beth - I had forgotten about Apolo and Julianne already.  Ugh is right. He did nothing for me.

Anna - Yes, Monday is the last night they dance.  Frown  This season has gone by so fast.  What are we going to watch next?