Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dancing with the Stars

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

Well I'm not sure who needs to go this week.  I wasn't partial to Jane's jive dance.  She does better with the more elegant dances.  Helio was terrific!

Thank goodness Marie's professional stopped standing her on her head and doing head whips this week.

MelB  was really good too.  I thought Bruno was going to need the paramedics tonight instead of Marie!

• Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited October 2007
    Options

I'm with you.  Glad Marie's partner did not stand her on her head.  Geeze I kept waiting for her to drop any time.  As for Jane's Jive...it was boring.

Yeap, Helio is good.  He has such chemistry with his partner.  I wonder if he is single?

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

I keep waiting for Helio to whip off his shoe and call Agent 99!  ROFL!

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

Holy Cow!  I can't believe that Sabrina was in the bottom two!

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

Surely, I saw that wrong!  Sabrina was voted off???  I can't believe it.

• lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited October 2007
    Options

Well, well, well - Sabrina is gone!  What a surprise.  I think all the media about her being a "professional" dancer got the best of people.  She didn't do that well last night but not bad enough to be kicked off.  JMO

• Dnicoletto
    Dnicoletto Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2007
    Options

I was seriously shocked by Sabrina getting kicked off! I sort of figured that she probably grew up with dancing lessons her whole life, but ballroom is different right? Still, was she disliked by people? And isn't her poor dance partner SO in love with her?

Sure was surprising!

~Dorie

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

Dorie

I didn't know people didn't like her.  I thought she was a good dancer.  I had her and Helio pegged for the top 2 spots this year.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2007
    Options

I think I am disgusted!

I tevo'd the episodes and now don't know if I want to even watch anymore. I am tired of the voting ... it's just a popularity contest. 

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

I'll keep watching as long as Helio is still there.  He's cute.  :)

• ADK
    ADK Member Posts: 752
    edited November 2007
    Options

I have to say Sabrina was ripped off.  I think what happened was all that notoriety about being a "professional dancer".  Wasn't Joey a "professional dancer" last season?  I feel so bad for her.  If it was inappropriate for her to be there because of her experience, then I blame the producers who asked her to do the show - they should have known better.  I am pretty disgusted with the way the votes went. 

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

I guess I missed that controversy.  I didn't know she had been a professional dancer.  Joey was part of a singing group that did dance moves with their songs but I don't think he was considered a professional dancer.

• lvtwoqlt
    lvtwoqlt Member Posts: 765
    edited November 2007
    Options

Sabrina is also with a singing group that does dance moves with their songs, the "Cheetah girls" on Disney channel. Though they are more of a hip-hop group with what I hear about them. I don't have cable so I am only repeating what was said earlier in DWTS about her adding hip-hop moves in the first dance she did on the show.

Sheila

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

If that's all Sabrina has dancewise then I don't see how that can be considered professional dancing. 

• ADK
    edited November 2007
    Options

I agree that she should not have been considered professional, but I did hear the grumbling about it.  That's the only thing I can think of that led to her departure.  I fear this is going to end up being solely a popularity contest and the best dancers won't win.

• Odalys
    edited November 2007
    Options

Not fair at all.  Sabrina voted off and Marie Osmond stays????  Did anyone notice Marie's face?  She was shocked.  She really thought she would be voted off.  And she did say she was ready to go back home to her kids.  I missed the controversy surrounding Sabrina.  Yes, the show is turning out to be one big popularity contest. Frown

• AnnaM
    AnnaM Member Posts: 136
    edited November 2007
    Options

I tuned in for the last minute of the show and the announcement had just been made; I can't believe Sabrina got voted off. Marie Osmond is truly far behind the others. How on earth can they justify her staying and that spunky little Sabrina leaving?

I almost want to stop watching but I know I'll be tuning in tonight. Dancing vicariously is just too delicious.....

Anna

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

I expect Marie will probably leave this week.  Cameron has really improved.

• ADK
    edited November 2007
    Options

We can only hope that Marie is voted off this week.  I would hate to see another deserving celebrity voted off due to popularity.

• JustOne
    JustOne Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2007
    Options

Mel and Mak were great this week...but I voted for Jenny and Derek. I think she's the most improved and I just like her. Smile

Could we please vote Donny Osmond off? OMG, is there anyone more obnoxious than this guy riding his sisters coat tails? If she happens to win, I am so done with this show!

~Pam

• Odalys
    edited November 2007
    Options

Hi Anna - glad to see you.

Pam - LOL So true about Donny Osmond. 

It's been a dramatic season and now Marie's dad dies...goodness! 

I think Jane is going home tonight.

• Unknown
    edited May 2008
    Options

Well, I missed most of Monday's show anyway so I have no idea who danced well.  I'm not too sad to see Jane go.

• ADK
    edited November 2007
    Options

Do you think they didn't show the bottom two because Marie was in the bottom two?  I have to say that even though I like Jane, it was time for her to go.  I am so sorry for Marie - even though her father was 90 (a good age, I think), it's still a shock.  I wonder if there will be a sympathy rebound for Marie and she will make the final four because of it. 

• AnnaM
    edited November 2007
    Options

Am I the only one who thinks it was strange that Marie was on the show the very day her dad died? Did I miss some sort of announcement saying she was devastated but the show must go on or something like that? And what about Donny? Why was her there? Or did the dad die after the show? Am I out of some kind of a loop?

Anyway, yes, it was time for Jane to go (although I am a fan of her Somewhere in Time). Next week it will have to be Marie.

Do you really think they didn't show the bottom two because Marie was in the bottom two? That would be a true conspiracy. I like conspiracy theories, though.

I find the best way to watch the show is to watch the dancing on Monday night and then to watch House on Tuesday night and quickly switch to the last minute of the results show. That way you don't have to suffer through all the depressing former celebrities, like Barry M. or Rod Stewart.

Anna

• ADK
    edited November 2007
    Options

Anna,

LOL for your comment about Barry M or Rod Stewart - DH turns to me whenever Barry M is on TV and says "MAKE IT STOP!!!!!".

Anyway, I guess Marie's Dad passed away after the show - supposedly, he watched Marie's dance on Monday night.  I guess it was later that night that they got the word that he had died.  The night before on Entertainment Tonight, Donny said that if Marie went to the final two, his Dad would be there.  Kinda sad and ironic. 

I do think they didn't show the bottom two because Marie was in the bottom two - why else would they not show it?  Tom even said "for the first time, we are not showing the bottom two."  I don't think it was a consipracy, she wasn't there to put the red light on and it would have been a little cruel to make Jonathan stand there by himself.

• saluki
    saluki Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2007
    Options

Anne--There was a judge about a decade ago that was using Barry M and John Denver music to torture Juvenile delinquents.

It was a very effective deterrent to crimeLaughing

I know Mel and Mac may be better dancers, but Helio makes me so happy just to watch.  I just beam whenever he is on.

Anna -I do the same as you--Nothing gets between me and House on Tuesday evenings. 

• ADK
    edited November 2007
    Options

I'm rooting for Helio, too.  I also really like Julieanne.  I like her brother, too.  He has done really well with Jennie, there is no doubt that she is the most improved.  I wouldn't feel badly about any of the remaining ones winning except Marie (sorry, Marie, I like you but you really aren't in the same league as the rest of the dancers).  Cameron is a little iffy, too.  I think he will go next week because of a sympathy vote for Marie, then she will go.  JMHO.

I'm watching entertainment tonight right now - Sabrina's partner (Mark) and Julieanne's brother (Derek) are in a band together.  They said Julieanne used to sing with her brother.  And Sabrina is in love with Mark!!!  Wow, DWTS is really a dating show!!!! Wink

Oh, and if DH was forced to listen to Barry M and John Denver, he would do anything that was asked of him to make it stop.Laughing

• Odalys
    edited November 2007
    Options

Hey ladies, I'm starting to think the last two couples going to the finals are going to be Helio & Julianne and Mel & Max.  What do you think? 

• ADK
    edited November 2007
    Options

I agree.  At least, that seems to be what the judges want.  The American public is so fickle, though.  I still think tonight will be Cameron because of a sympathy vote for Marie.  It could be Jennie, though.

• AnnaM
    edited November 2007
    Options

I also think it will be Mel & Max and Helio & Julianne; they're the best dancers of the lot. I didn't realize Marie's dad died after the show; I saw it in the morning paper and thought it must have been during the day. I have started to tune out when Marie is on; that way I avoid being subjected to Donnie as well. He depresses me as much as Rod and Barry. I laughed when I read about the torturing with music, it really makes sense. I know I should admire Marie for competing with such young people, but all the attention she's getting (and craving?) kind of turns me off big time.

My #1s are Mel and Max. At first I didn't take to Mel because of all her tatoos and stuff, but now I think she's awesome. She really lights up the stage and she has a wonderful personnality.

Anna