Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets conduct our own study on how we all got breast cancer

Options

Comments

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited December 2014
    Options

Thanks kathec. I'll look for it and give it a try. Cheaper than replacing a perfectly good operating door for $700. Wasting money causes BC (and I've wasted plenty in my time, hence I got it).

• Radical2Squared
    Radical2Squared Member Posts: 350
    edited December 2014
    Options

If wasting money causes breast cancer, it explains why I got lumps in BOTH breasts at the SAME time! I'm sure I'm due a few more lumps at this point if that's the case!

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited December 2014
    Options

uh oh. If wasting money is what caused it, I am in deep doo doo. I have been making plans for doing a budget NEXT year, but was allowing myself to spend freely THIS year. Because then I forget all about BC and pain etc.... Hope I am not giving it to myself again....Better hide my wallet...

Patoo, Sure try bondo, mix it up like they say, and try to use it fast! It gets hard all of a sudden! And then you will need sandpaper or a sanding block to match the plane of the wood. I really don't know how many (looking for a word) whatever, people like me who fix things(!!!) do actually use it, i think most contractors or fix stuff people want to talk you into taking off the whole board or door or whatever,when a patch can be a good alternative! You can practice on a scrap first, just to see how it acts! I hope this post doesn't disappear!

Yeah, a whole garage door would be expensive! but I don't think spending money on something that is necessary will cause you to get bc again

• Radical2Squared
    Radical2Squared Member Posts: 350
    edited December 2014
    Options

Tomboy, we are of like minds....I've known thousands this year in the interest of keeping my mind off treatment. I even booked a cruise for June that I'm still not entirely sure how to pay for!

Budget? What budget? Oh yeah...that thing I used to stick to religiously before bc that kept me from having any fun....I remember that thing! I WILL be going back to that....soon....otherwise I might lose my house. I'd laugh out loud, but it's really not funny!

• Tomboy
    edited December 2014
    Options

I changed my name, folks! didn't want to be found so easily. was kathec. I never had to worry about a budget, i didnt have to, cause i didn't have much! had a windfall, so i don't want to spend it all. Year after bc, went to utah and walked all over it, was great!

• bettysgirl
    bettysgirl Member Posts: 645
    edited December 2014
    Options

girls we May be on to something. If wasting money is it, no wonder I got it. Some days when I look at some of the things we have done we might have well been riding down the road throwing money out the window. I wish I could have fun but I worry about money, or the lack there of. Hardly holding head above water.....ugh I guess I had better watch out for relapse

• twolumps
    twolumps Member Posts: 37
    edited December 2014
    Options

Love that pic, tomboy. Wish there was a "Like" button

• grammakathy
    grammakathy Member Posts: 126
    edited December 2014
    Options

I'm still convinced I got cancer because I didn't smoke or take hormone replacement drugs during menopause. I played it much too safe in life

• skylotus
    skylotus Member Posts: 265
    edited December 2014
    Options

Cancer does not discriminate! If it did, little kids wouldn't get it! But they do. Based on that fact alone, I try (really hard) not to complain, even when I want to.

• patoo
    edited December 2014
    Options

Great pic, tomboy. skylotus, complaining is proven (somewhere here in this thread) to be good for us and it doesn't cause BC. Remember, BCo is the place to come and complain because we understand.

• rmlulu
    rmlulu Member Posts: 1,501
    edited December 2014
    Options

Tomboy - love the pic!

Sugar Sugar...you are our candie girl Tomboy!

Barbie with sugar...after all girls are everything sugar and nice!

• Tomboy
    edited December 2014
    Options

thanks, you guys. that was in november of last year, utah was beautiful beautiful beautiful! I weighed about 125 ~130 then, almost a year after chemo. I was so happy to see utah, and forget about everything... but now I am pretty pi$$3d, because no matter what i do, I now weigh 148. All my adult life before chemo, I always weighed 115~120.. GRRRR! Not enough walking in national parks gives you fat, i dunno if it gives bc.

• Renee51
    Renee51 Member Posts: 27
    edited February 2015
    Options

Breast cancer on the right and RIGHT handed....???

• patoo
    edited March 2015
    Options

No Renee, my BC also on the right and I'm left-handed or maybe I only think I'm left-handed but am really right-handed and mixed up? Or maybe my left hand is really attached to my right arm and then you could be right. Hmmm, maybe I should try and switch hands - x.j psih kfkx;p udif - nope, that didn't work. Back to square one!

• bettysgirl
    edited April 2015
    Options

LOL Patoo- I am for the most part right handed but eat left handed..guess my brain got confused..

My sister posted pics of my grandmothers house when we were young. There was this big oak tree in the middle of the yard. HER rule was that the whole family had to go around the tree on the same side when you left...I will give you ONE guess who was the rebel of that rule! DANG!!! If I knew then what I know now...

• patoo
    edited May 2015
    Options

Not scheduled to see MO for another 3 months but better go now since I've been packing and stuff in attic and closets that I haven't ween in years had dust bunnies crawling all over them. But at least this time I'm forewarned. Last time I moved was in 2003 and 5 years later was DX so now I can prepare and stay out of harms way. Hey, had pneumonia shot, first time flu shot, shingles shot, may as well get a dust bunny shot.

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited May 2015
    Options

Do they have a cobwebs shot

• patoo
    edited May 2015
    Options

Maybe it's caused by pollen. It follows my car and paints it green! Anything that can do that must be suspect.

• tessu
    tessu Member Posts: 1,294
    edited May 2017
    Options

Doing endless laundry caused my bc. Must be the detergent fumes or touching the dust in the dryer filter (know I shoulda used gloves...). Thought things would settle down once the kids grew up and moved out, but somehow not really. Have to admit, though, that I'm contributing --- during chemo I pampered myself with a clean bath towel every second day (instead of Saturdays), and have continued that ever since :) Bad me! Just hope that doesn't cause recurrance...

• bettysgirl
    edited May 2017
    Options

I was always writing. Journals, poetry, pen pals.. Maybe the blood flow to my girls was blocked... Or as I matured and they got bigger, I would rest them on the desktop to rest my shoulders.... Or... I was in several plays and musicals in high school.. One of the productions I was supposed to be a young girl so they bound my boobs.. That's gotta be it! They rebelled from that experience!

• patoo
    edited May 2017
    Options

Bettysgirl, could be the ink also. That's why no-one uses pens any longer instead keyboards or fingers. Uh oh, keystrokes might be bad for us as well. We are doomed!

• stephilosphy00
    stephilosphy00 Member Posts: 161
    edited May 2017
    Options

My period starts when I was only 10! I believe my "super ovaries" caused my BC!

• bettysgirl
    edited June 2017
    Options

I was 9!! Being an early bloomer MUST be a bad thing :(

• MO-Beth
    MO-Beth Member Posts: 57
    edited April 2018
    Options

Anyone interested in reviving this topic?

Ortho-novum anyone? From what I've read, it feeds a body PR and ER hormones. I took that from age 15 (recommended by doctor that my parents put me on it, had terrible cramps and heavy periods -- and it worked) to age 31. Then I had a hysterectomy.

Family history of cervical cancer. Kind of off the subject, but "they" say cervical cancer is not hereditary. But it's interesting to me that if not hereditary, my maternal great-grandmother died of cervical cancer. My maternal grandmother had a hysterectomy at age 29 because of 'female problems' (who knows!) My mom had a hysterectomy at age 30 because of bleeding that wouldn't subside (symptom of cervical cancer.) I had a hysterectomy at age 31 because I had cervical carcinoma in situ (cancer of the cervix contained, not spread) so removal of cervix and uterus took care of that, so no more need for birth control. My daughter has had bad paps, but has had more good than bad lately, so she's in what "they" consider the safe zone. None of us has been diagnosed with HPV, by the way.

25 years later...breast cancer...PR and ER positive. Big shock. No family history. Not one person in my family has had breast cancer.

HOWEVER...know what else is interesting? No other maternal relative my age in my family took birth control pills. My sister practiced the Catholic birth control method. My first cousin had trouble conceiving, so she never took birth control of any kind. I'm the one with breast cancer.

• patoo
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hope all my early friends are doing well.

• Artista964
    Artista964 Member Posts: 376
    edited April 2018
    Options

I'm sure bcp for at least 25 years non stop is big. Dense breasts, unhealthy eating and weight, inactivity.

• Tomboy
    edited April 2018
    Options

Doing pretty well, Patoo, hope you are too! Except for , well, you know who!

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited April 2018
    Options

Rosabella - read the thread. We are poking fun at things, not asking for "serious" answers.

• Tomboy
    edited April 2018
    Options

Thanks, Melissa! I was hoping she'd maybe read a few pages. There are so many hilarious theories here, I'd hate for them to be wasted!

• Egads007
    Egads007 Member Posts: 474
    edited April 2018
    Options

The first drink I ever had was a big slug from a bottle of Lonesome Charlie, we snuck it from my friends parents liquor cabinet. I think the combination of theft and underage drinking did it. Helluva sentence