Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I WANT MY MOJO BACK!

Comments

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited January 2014

Does the 'E' in Carlson Key E cream suppositories mean they contain estrogen?

• BayouBabe
    BayouBabe Member Posts: 1,467
    edited January 2014

No estrogen.  Vitamin E.  Safe for us ER+ gals!SillyHeart

• sweetandspecial
    edited January 2014

Ahhh.....cool!  I'm gonna check it out.

• tenaj
    tenaj Member Posts: 365
    edited January 2014

FYI on the coconut oil.....you can make small balls & freeze them to make suppositories. It is much easier to insert as the oil melts quickly with body temperature.  Good luck!

• sweetandspecial
    edited January 2014

OK, how do you make balls out of oil?   I can't wrap my head around that....lol!

• tenaj
    edited January 2014

lol...the organic ooconut oil is solid at room temperature. I use a melon scooper to get it out of the jar & then shape it to a comfortable size, place on plastic wrap & freeze. Wola...a suppository! Heads up...it melts quick.

• sweetandspecial
    edited January 2014

Cool - thanks so much tenaj! 

• tenaj
    edited January 2014

cool literally! Lol.....it's easier for insertion with this method. It does help. I have also found it to be very good as skin moisturizer...

• chicopeach57
    chicopeach57 Member Posts: 50
    edited February 2014

I did the coconut oil suppository last night, had to pee in the middle of the night, it smelled like a mounds candy bar. Happy Might have to get one today!

• sweetandspecial
    edited February 2014

chico - thanks for my first laugh of the day!  My DH loves Mounds and Almond Joy candy bars - I'll have to see what he says when I finally get around to buying some of this stuff.  We do have a health food place downtown but it's been so cold and snowy and windy and snowy and cold and snowy and windy that I haven't wanted to make a special stop there and brave the elements unnecessarily Smile

• ritaz
    ritaz Member Posts: 76
    edited February 2014

OMG chicopeach57!  That is so funny!  A mounds bar!  I can't stop laughing! 

Tenja - amazingly good idea!  I usually warm it up and then it drips all over the place - never thought to make a suppository...GREAT idea!  Love these boards :)  I learned about coconut oil on this thread and have used it ever since it is a natural product I have absolutely no skin reaction to it as a lube and God knows I need a lube after being on an AI for over 4 years...

Thank you for the smile and good idea!

• Dulcigirl
    Dulcigirl Member Posts: 864
    edited February 2014

Sweet,

My local Meijer carries the exact same brand that I've purchased at Whole Foods.  Check around the cooking oils/shortening area. 

• jaybird627
    jaybird627 Member Posts: 1,227
    edited February 2014

Update: After seeing a new onc (my 4th, as the previous 3 left the group) as per my gyne's insistance I got the all-clear to begin the estrace cream again. Yay! Loopy I am to see my gyne in 6 months. In the mean time I am going to enjoy non-painful intercourse once again. 

• Smilemaker
    Smilemaker Member Posts: 20
    edited February 2014

Jaybird627, I wish my onc would let  me get a script. I use Calson key E cream,it helps with lub, but not pain. Glad you can get to enjoy that part of your life again.

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited February 2014

does anybody use the estring with femara?

• doxie
    doxie Member Posts: 700
    edited March 2014

I'm in a new relationship after years of being around no one.  I needed time to heal from a bad marriage, then BC struck.  We are attempting intimacy and my libido is fine.  But I'm as dry as a desert and very fragile.  My MO is reluctant for me to use any localized estrogen.  He suggested another product with shea butter, but it has cocoa butter in it too.  I break out in hives with cocoa butter.  I've also tried coconut oil and the same problem.  These were great when I could use them.

Any other oils similar to these that may lubricate?  Olive oil is ok on the outside.  Anyone use that in the vagina?  Anyone have troubles with  shea butter?

• auntienance
    auntienance Member Posts: 3,885
    edited March 2014

My mo recommended olive oil or flaxseed oil as a lubricant. Very messy and didn't really work for me. Trader Joe's sells coconut oil at a very reasonable price.

• doxie
    edited March 2014

Coconut oil was almost as good as cocoa butter, but I get tiny blistering hives on my hands from it.  I wonder what the least allergenic oil is.  

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    edited March 2014

Doxie Astroglide is water soluble so that should help with the sensitivity. They have several formulas. I use the gel. They do have an all natural, a sensitive skin and Glycerin/Paraben fee formulas. They all seem to be "latex safe" too. I bought the gel at Walgreens but I don't think they have the 3 special formulas I mentioned.

You can get a free sample on the site but I'm sure you'll have to fill out a form: linky

• sweetandspecial
    edited March 2014

Doxie - my first thought......'you lucky girl - at least your libido is fine!  I bought some coconut oil and created some little balls (melon baller) that I froze to use as suppositories at someone's suggestion here but haven't actually tried them yet.  Apparently they liquify quite quickly in there.  I guess I had better make sure it doesn't bother my hands or other skin before I think about using them! 

My gyn suggested good old vegetable oil a while back.  I turned my nose up at the time but I'm beginning to be a bit more willing to try what I would have previously thought was just plain gross.....lol!

Another thought that I haven't actually tried yet.  If you do find some sort of oil or other lubricating liquid that does the trick without a skin reaction try a little syringe (no needle!) to get it up inside.  If you don't have one around the house (from when your babies/toddlers were on liquid antibiotics) your local pharmacist could give you a freebie.

Good luck!

• doxie
    edited March 2014

Sweetandspecial,

So glad I still have the libido.  But the rest is frustrating.  Probably the most depressed I've become in a long time over treatment.  Also in pain over trigger thumb.  Finally got an ortho appointment for this.

I found that coconut oil and cocoa butter were really helpful, but I became allergic to both.  Can you imagine now being allergic to chocolate! :--(((.  

I have a syringe of sorts that I used for doxie meds that would be perfect for olive oil.  Worried that I could become allergic to nut oils.  

lago, I've used Replens a couple of times.  I'll try once more but I think I may be getting hives from it, too.  Sometimes I really hate my body.  

• lago
    edited March 2014

Doxie it could be the Glycerin in it. If that's an issue try to see if one of the other ones have more natural ingredients although they tend to have cocoa butter etc.

• doxie
    edited March 2014

Yep, the two lubes have Glycerin.  That may well be the problem.  Time to become a mad chemist and come up with my own hypo-allergenic concoction with the right pH for the vagina.  

• sweetandspecial
    edited March 2014

Doxie - I had trigger thumb on both hands but it eventually resolved on it's own.  Lasted 3-5 months for each thumb. Right thumb started first, then left kicked in and right cleared up, then left cleared up too. 

• lago
    edited March 2014

I too had several trigger fingers in my left hand. It might still have it when I wake up but it corrects itself so quickly I don't notice anymore.

• PoohBear-61
    PoohBear-61 Member Posts: 74
    edited March 2014

Okay ladies ...listen to this ...don't know which thread to post on ..thought of the " dumbest things people say " thread but decided to go with this one ......

Went to my GP for a Pap test ...thought id bring up the low libido issue and ask if she had any suggestions ....WELL.....

she said something to the effect of exploring other areas of your body ...bla bla bla...then the word Butt Plug came up ....WTF.....!!!!!.......I am asking about low libido and she starts talking about butt plugs ...the minute she said that i stopped hearing the rest of the conversation as the words Butt plug kept resonating in my brain ....while she continues to talk in slow motion  bla bla bla ...butt plug...... bla bla bla ....did she just say butt plug .......bla bla bla ...I am thinking what the F is a butt plug ...i dont have issues with my butt and i am not into surprise visitors knocking at the back door soo again I shake my head and stared at her with total confusion and a blank stare ..... I wanted help with my  .....LOOOOW LIBIDOOOOO ......MAN ...i don't think any plugs going to help ...I just want the desire back .......but she just made it worse now :):) !!!!! ....needed to share this story .....my hubby and  I are still laughing about it 2 weeks later........Hope some of you guys find this amusing too.......!!!!!!! Happy 

• BayouBabe
    BayouBabe Member Posts: 1,467
    edited March 2014

OMG!  My stomach hurts from laughing so hard!  Then I looked at your screen name and began laughing harder!Shocked

• lago
    edited March 2014

Pooh-61 some folks do have erogenous zones around their butt... but you'd think she's ask you about that. Obviously she does. That might be a bit more than you wanted to know about your gyno.

• ang7894
    ang7894 Member Posts: 427
    edited March 2014

OMG-- so funny I can't stop laughing... I really needed that thank you pooh-61

• FairyDogMother
    FairyDogMother Member Posts: 154
    edited March 2014

That is hilarous!