Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I WANT MY MOJO BACK!

Comments

• river_rat
    river_rat Member Posts: 317
    edited July 2014

Binney posted this in another thread and I thought it belonged here too:

Restoring sexuality after bc treatment is a challenge for all of us, even our lumpectomy and recon sisters. So when I found this new resource I thought I'd post it here. It was developed for women recovering from gynecologic cancers, but it applies just as well to those of us dealing with a missing breast or two:

http://prc.coh.org/A-ZBooklet.pdf

Nothing "clinical" here--it's a refreshing read, full of both encouragement and down-to-earth suggestions for ways to work our way back to comfortable intimacy.

Gentle hugs,
    Binney

• momwriter
    momwriter Member Posts: 276
    edited July 2014

River Rat, Just read through it, it's great. 

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,481
    edited August 2014

Hi all!

Just popping in to share the latest Sex Matters blog post: Vaginal Dryness for some good discussion about this side effect. 

Hope this helps!

--The Mods

• sweetandspecial
    sweetandspecial Member Posts: 1,669
    edited August 2014

I'm pleased to report a successful whoopie session a couple nights ago.  No intercourse due to internal dryness but thanks to 1) my willingness to perform oral sex Shocked and 2) my DH's willingness to trust the energizer bunny (that means.....ahem......a vibrator!) and some OTC lube we were both very nicely mutually satisfied Winking.  It's good to know that despite my lack of sexual desire (resulting in a VERY long 'dry' spell in our sex life) my ability to orgasm multiple times within minutes (at least with the assistance of the vibrator) does not seem to have been compromised in the leas by Anastrazole Loopy.......happy sigh

• Mischief46
    Mischief46 Member Posts: 68
    edited August 2014

ThumbsUp  You go S&S! Glad to hear you found a way to make it work for both of you...BC takes enough from us.  I hate thinking of it taking my sex life too!!  ( although unfortunately I know it happens a lot!) 

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited August 2014

Yayah!!!

• brady
    brady Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2014

I'm so happy to hear someone else bitch about "If this were a man's sexual problem they'd be giving us handfuls of remedies within a week"!  Anyway, I also take daily Femara, for estrogen related breast cancer. (I previously had a hysterectomy so don't worry about side effect of increased possibility of uterine cancer.) Have you been able to determine whether Osphena is ok to take with Femara??  My Kaiser doctor said "we don't prescribe Osphena" - end of story without any info. Kaiser has been awful!

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    edited August 2014

I got a postcard in the mail yesterday asking me if I wanted to be in a study for OTC ED treatment!!!
    All it says is you must be  18 years of age or older to participate (then call to see if you qualify).

I'm so tempted to call.

Oh it does say "Attention MEN" at the top

• jojo2373
    jojo2373 Member Posts: 60
    edited August 2014

Going tomorrow to get the Estring.  Any success stories?  I am ER+ but on Tamoxifen so my MO has approved.

• moderators
    edited August 2014

Hi all! Just wanted to drop in and share the latest Sex Matters Blog post with you all: Sex Matters: Vaginal Moisturizers and Lubricants

Hope this helps!

--The Mods

• moderators
    edited September 2014

Hi all! New Sex Matters blog post: Vaginal Dialators, for your reading pleasure!

--Your Mods

• Tiago
    Tiago Member Posts: 6
    edited September 2014

Hello again ladies,

I have a few more questions I'd like to ask. I'm still not sure what is and isn't offensive here and I don't want to upset anyone again, so if any of you are willing to talk to me, please send me a pm. Thank you!

• eloqui
    eloqui Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2014

Hi all- I'm 26 and have started on Lupron and Arimidex which have thrown me into early menopause. I'm interested in natural products people have used for vaginal dryness / lube during intercourse. What have people liked the best? It seems like coconut oil is pretty popular. I'd be willing to try but it's a new idea to me to put food products up there! Seems like it might cause an infection or something.

PS- I am so glad that there is a thread on this topic and that you ladies are getting your lives back! I'm just getting far enough out of surgeries and chemo to try to reach a new normal and try to put my life back together. 

• lago
    edited September 2014

eloqui using something that isn't water based can put you more at risk for UTI but that doesn't mean it will happen. Many women have had luck with it and no issues. Many use coconut oil also as a moisturizer. I used it on my scars too. It's a plant product. Don't think of it as a food product. If it's natural it has to come from plant, animal etc. 

I use Astroglide (waterbased)  but it's not natural.

• chicopeach57
    chicopeach57 Member Posts: 50
    edited September 2014

I use the coconut oil for a moisturizer, it is almost too slick for lube, use astroglide for that.

• ang7894
    ang7894 Member Posts: 427
    edited October 2014

I have my period back and I am on tamox how ever I am noticing I am getting my mojo back it does not hurt now

For a while I almost wanted to avoid sex and no matter what I did it hurt to much.  It's almost back to normal sex life :)

However I am not shutting anything down I have made my mind up I want and need a sex life yet . I felt like I was not a woman anymore and I needed sex but didn't want it cause it hurt so bad. Many nights I cried because I had no sex life but no more..   I am a happy camper :)

• Tomboy
    edited October 2014

ahem. it's not biological, it is iatrogenic. from the pills.

• CoastalXPat
    CoastalXPat Member Posts: 33
    edited October 2014

Jojo and others, how are you finding things with topical estrogen?  After chemo my entire system had shut down and nothing was possible. Nowadays after a couple of months with vagifem I'm finally able to function, but it's not like it was before chemo. I'm hoping it'll continue to get better. I don't think dryness is the problem (we use plenty of lubricant), I think it's that the muscles went completely dead. Btw I tried moisturizers, they did just about nothing for me. I'm wondering if I should ask about estring, if that might work better.

• BayouBabe
    BayouBabe Member Posts: 1,467
    edited October 2014

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/10/15/how-breas...

Fox News knows absolutely nothing about BC and sex.  Good grief - what idiot came up with this headline?!

• mary625
    mary625 Member Posts: 154
    edited October 2014

Thank you for sharing.  I'm not even going to read it.  Take that, FOX news.  

• lago
    edited October 2014

Fox News is Peter Griffin's favorite news source

• rgiuff
    rgiuff Member Posts: 339
    edited October 2014

I watched that news clip and found nothing helpful in it at all.  It was all fake cheeriness, with no concrete suggestions at all!

• honeybair
    honeybair Member Posts: 234
    edited October 2014

If anyone knew how to fix the broken sexual functioning, surely we would hear about it. 

• Monis
    Monis Member Posts: 309
    edited October 2014

That was an absolutely worthless article.  Granted I didn't watch the video, but no where in the article did it say how BC can make your sex life better, like the title suggests.  What a joke.

• Tomboy
    edited October 2014

...yeah. i wish those two women could have seen my sex life, then they would know what a sex life really is.... and it also wasn't thinking too hard , when it had advice for the men telling them to tell the woman that she was even more attractive with the scars, and other lies and drivel. and they look so fake, worse than stepford wives. i'd rather read dan savage.

• chicopeach57
    chicopeach57 Member Posts: 50
    edited October 2014

they seemed so giddy to be talking about sex on TV! Grow up. Having to get the lube out makes me so much more in the moment, confident and appreciative of life.

• Tomboy
    edited October 2014

Hahahahhhaahha! funny,chico!

• moderators
    edited November 2014

Hi ladies! Popping in with the latest Breastcancer.org Blog post Sex Matters: What About Vaginal Hormones?

We hope you find this blog helpful!

--The Mods

• Nadiebookens
    Nadiebookens Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2014

hi to all Ladies here , I'm new to this forum and way of expressing - I have ovarian cancer but get a lot of info around the breast cancer sites as there is more experience , research and discussion about it. I'm having a problem with my sex life as well , I'm tired and not feeling like expressing sexually - if I do it's only for a fleeting moment and the I'm asleep . I'm still on chemo for another year and holding down a full time job and family( 2 boys under 5)

I do like the comment about watching a saucy film / movie !! Must try

Thank you all for being so honest and open about this topic

Sinead

• lago
    edited November 2014

Welcome Madiebookens. I have to admit I had no desire when I was doing chemo.You also have a lot more responsibility on top of that. What turns us on is so individual. Seems it's a mixture of getting our minds focused on being turned on as well as the physical. Sounds to me based on your post that mental focus might be your challenge. Hey, you might just be tired!